[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GM Screens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: screen.jpg (82 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
screen.jpg
82 KB, 700x467
What kind of info do you keep on your GM screen /tg/? Or do you just use a laptop?
>>
>>46849117
I have a stack of papers with relevant info.

I never use a screen though. Separates me from the players and creates a them against me mentality which is what I don't want from my games. I also don't ever roll dice against my players. I give them the option of rolling against themselves or passing it on. One guy, rich, has killed more PCs than all my other players combined. I'm almost tempted to award him some token, like that players character sheet or a portrait of that character or something when he does it.
>>
File: custom_gm_screen.jpg (183 KB, 1134x476) Image search: [Google]
custom_gm_screen.jpg
183 KB, 1134x476
GF made a perfect, cheap GM screen out of two 3-Ring binders. Great for if you need layers of tables and dont want to bookmark pages.
>>
>>46851069
clever girl
>>
File: xcom1912.jpg (230 KB, 1006x617) Image search: [Google]
xcom1912.jpg
230 KB, 1006x617
>>46849117
I use a tablet for rules and tables and roll in the open. Leaves more space for shit, promotes trust, and doesn't separate me from the players.
>>
>>46849117
What do YOU keep on your screen?
>>
I usually just hide my rolls behind my hand or my iPad/clipboard, since i think that not knowing the rolls can create a sense of tension on some skill checks and battles. I rarely use an actual screen, since I don't like looking over it, I far offer to see the table. I feel actual screens create a bit of a disconnect between players and the GM.
>>
>>46849117
NPC quirk/generation list, Prices for common Items and Exchange rate for most currencies. The base values of spells, tricks and special abilities. Social Status table, Modifier Table for common checks, random effect table for crits and fails. Culture table, important language terms and most importantly a picture of a banana to confuse players who try to get behind my GM mysteries.
>>
>>46849117
I DM online over voice and cam. I dress up like a wizard in a dark robe, only have candle light and take notes in a big book with a quill (that's totally hiding a normal pen, but they don't have to know that.)

It's cheesy as fuck and my players love it. No DM screen though, I don't use a complicated enough system that I need more than a couple of post it note reminders on the edges of my monitor.
>>
>>46849117
I stand my collection of Bad Dragon toys up like a fence, no one is comfortable enough to look at them to see hat I'm up to.
>>
>>46852255
I've just been using a laptop with a bunch of PDFs and screenshots of useful tables, but I find it slow sometimes to find things.
>>
>>46849117
Both, laptop usually supports the screen, in both ways.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.