[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why aren't angels summoned instead of demons? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
So why aren't angels summoned instead of demons?

I'm not well-versed in the astral plane of D&D and its ilk.
>>
Because, generally? Angels have better shit to be doing than dealing with your nonsense.

Angels aren't here to buy your soul or to fool around with mortal bargains. If you summon an Angel, you better damn well have a holy cause for them to get down to that's worth their time, or they'll just give you the finger and fly off.

This is less true in various iterations of D&D, but it's the general principle which guides the assumption. Getting to hell is easy, selling your soul to a demon just confirms that. Getting to Heaven is actually difficult. Why would an Angel buy your soul and give you an easy path to paradise?
>>
>>46817741
Angels make you earn their boons with hard work and personal sacrifice.

Demons give you power ahead of time for future favors and the sacrifice of others.

The risk is higher, but the reward is more tangible and easier to get ahold of, since the Demon doesn't actually care about your longevity or actually making you a better person. If you get the right one, they might just give you the dark powers for the luls and to se ehow you fuck it up.
>>
File: 1398896050176.jpg (22 KB, 440x218) Image search: [Google]
1398896050176.jpg
22 KB, 440x218
>>46817741
>If you summon an Angel, you better damn well have a holy cause for them to get down to that's worth their time

I could imagine the waiting time before a BBEG. Everyone is on edge as fuck because they need that one ringer on their team.

>holy shit please, please, please consider this guy a threat to divine providence holy fuck we're probably gonna die oh fuck
>>
Angels can and were summoned if asked, but none can command them except God.

Demons can be summoned and commanded because they are bound by God, and by invoking his power you can use them.
>>
>Not summoning Angels like John Dee
>Not uncovering the Shemhamphorash

OP, do you even occult?

http://www.martinismeoperatifquebec.org/practicalkabbalah2.pdf

>Not summoning Cahethel
>Literally "Adorable God"
>Get getting a QT guardian angel waifu

Step up your game anon.
>>
>>46818294
>None can command them except God.

Which is why you use his name(s). Names are the operating system, angels are the programs. Take the name of YHWH as your own and get to summoning. Be the heart girt with a serpent that Crowley talked about.
>>
>>46821580

Angel waifus are nice, but they do have their own drawbacks. Don't expect them to put out before marriage or to be up for any weird shit, and you better be a good husband, father and person in general if you want to keep them happy.

Really, it's sort of a mirror of what was said above. A demon chick will ruin your life, but it'll be a hell of a ride (In more ways than one). An angel waifu, on the other hand, takes a lot of damn hard work, but the reward is a loving and rewarding relationship that will last potentially forever.
>>
>>46821697
Even then, angels respond only to God, using his name is how demons are controlled. Using the name of God to command angels is using God's name wrongly, and would get you punished rather than served.
>>
>>46821700
>be up for any weird shit
I don't know, I wouldn't be surprised if an angel was into things like punishment/reward based dom/sub, tease and denial, or chastityplay
>>
Demons are quick and easy, and they only agree to be summoned because they can make you agree to a contract. Angels, however, must be earned.
>>
File: 1459780204552.png (83 KB, 748x588) Image search: [Google]
1459780204552.png
83 KB, 748x588
>>46822752
>applying mortal foibles to a cosmic creature

Admit it anon, what you're describing isn't really an angel, it's a fuckable human with wings.
>>
>>46822752
>An angel into kinky shit

Oh man...reminds me of that one story that anon never finished back when we had writefag threads about an angel having a catfight with a succubus to entertain a Paladin she just got engaged to. The fight's stakes are that the loser will have to worship the winner's body as the superior instrument of divine/infernal authorities.

The angel binds the succubus to a magic circle and assaults her with burning kisses from consecrated makeup and holy water. Think hot wax play. The Succubus eventually surrenders and the angel cuddle doms her, even tucking her into bed and saying a prayer over her as she sleeps.

...Would anyone be interested in seeing this completed? I've toyed with the thought of finishing it myself.

>>46822831
Have you ever read Paradise Lost? The angels are neurotic as hell.
>>
>>46821700
>>46822752
I bet angels would be slight masochists.

Since heaven is a perfect paradise and all that jazz, the first time you give them a lil' spank will be the first time they experience a physical shock. And then you slowly ramp up the stimulation until your demure angel is begging to get choked out while wearing nipple clamps, and...

Erm, excuse me.
>>
>>46822945
>...Would anyone be interested in seeing this completed? I've toyed with the thought of finishing it myself.
That sounds adorable, so yes. Make sure to post it to the /efg/ (erotic fiction general) thread on /d/!
>>
In MY setting, you can summon angels and devils with various, sometimes superficially similar rituals. Demons can't be reliably summoned by rituals, but can be captured against their will.
>>
>>46822945
>...Would anyone be interested in seeing this completed? I've toyed with the thought of finishing it myself.
YES
>>
>>46822989
>>46823141
Should I keep the ending with the angel winning or should I have the succubus win? All three characters are friends (party members if I remember the anon correctly) so no succubus stealing the Paladin away, but she can get the best of angel-wife if you guys want.

Also, anything you'd like to see in the story?
>>
>>46823269
I think angel winning would be better, unless you have a really hot idea for the succubu
>>
>>46823033
No body gives a shit about your setting, Jerry.
>>
>>46822831
. . . . You are correct, sir, but I don't see the problem with this.

> Not having aliens be eldritch unk owable being crammed into a human like shape so they can learn some measure of God's compassion and understand mankind as opposed to having only two states - perfect love murderboner (it's for your own good, and you go to heaven anyway why are you complaining) and complete justice murderboner (you complained or worse failed God and you might taint others so even though you now won't go to heaven you not only lost your redemption but are risking everyone you come into contact with.)

> Not slowly teaching them about the joys of life and helping them understand why Humans would prefer to extend a short time on earth when they have an eternity in heaven.

> Not watching them slowly learn how to deal with "out-of-context problems" and grow to have their own free will.

> Not finally consumating your relationship in a loving and tender fashion.

> Not dying from divine retribution because you just had to fuck the angel and forgot that God still has rules, your Angelic waifu being cast down to earth to suffer as a powerless but immortal being cursed by God an forever unable to reach your soul trapped in hell.

And that's why you fuck humans with wings instead because otherwise that's how you make BBEGs
>>
File: Elder_pith.jpg (15 KB, 403x153) Image search: [Google]
Elder_pith.jpg
15 KB, 403x153
Nothing is stopping you from Planar Ally/Planar Binding-calling celestials instead of fiends in D&D.
>>
>>46823269
I think you should kill yourself, Anon. Open up an artery and get it over with already.
>>
>>46822945
So she's cheating on her fiance?
>>
>>46823432
If I remember it right it was something like the Paladin was extremely nervous about proposing and thinking he was a lewd monster corrupting his pure angel-fu, and the angel decided to show him how kinky she really was while at the same time proving to her friend/rival succubus that angels are sexier and stronger than demons. The Paladin is having fun watching.
>>
>>46823506
>Paladin was extremely nervous about proposing and thinking he was a lewd monster corrupting his pure angel-fu, and the angel decided to show him how kinky she really was while at the same time proving to her friend/rival succubus that angels are sexier and stronger than demons.
Doesn't that pretty much prove he corrupted her?
>>
>>46823506
On top of >>46823524 isn't it basically still infidelity? "Oh I'll show you that I'm already corrupt by fucking our friend despite us supposedly getting married!"
>>
>>46817741

I always figured it was because unlike fiends , if you summon and bind an unwilling angel he would have friends who would hunt your ass down and smite it to dust.
>>
>>46823554
The idea is that the Paladin is worried the angel will think his kinky ideas are horrible and sinful and is relieved to find out she's way into the BDSM and threesomes.
>>
>>46823666
I'm not seeing how finding out she is already a fallen angel would really sooth his worries.
>>
>>46823666
So why doesn't he get involved?
>>
>>46823679
Voyeurism probably. Would you like to see him get involved?

>>46823676
Kinky sex does not cause one to fall.
>>
>>46823770
>Kinky sex does not cause one to fall.
Apparently it does or he wouldn't be worried, he's a paladin, he would know.
>>
>>46823770
If he gets involved it'd feel less like he's some kinda literal cuckold or that his wife is running around on him, yeah. Watching your wife fuck someone is warped, having a threesome with your wife and some other chick is at least less... creepy or offputting.
>>
>>46823806
>forcing two women to have sex so you can watch
>cuckoldry
It might be kinda creepy, but it's not cuckoldry because there's no male taking your place.
>>
>>46823876
>Forcing
Where'd that come from? Also pretty sure it doesn't necessarily need to be another guy for it to count. Finally, why try and make a debate out of this? I just said it feels like it.
>>
>>46817741
There's a whole shitload of mythology and history behind why summoning is more associated with demonology than with the divine.

But is basically boils down to either 'magicians witches consort with demons and are therefore evil' or 'by divine power, you command devils to obey'

It depends on whether you follow a greco-protestant system or a Solomonic one.
>>
Went from talking about angels and summoning to cuckoldry and lesbian sex in ~30 posts

why?
>>
>>46824242
Because the original topic was stupid to begin with.
>>
>>46823269
Ah, keep the angel winning. Cuddle domination is seriously underrepresented.
>>
>>46817741
Some occult ones were aware that their summoning pisses angels off. Summoning an angel is doing the equivalent of doing a magic spell that covers your face with Chaos symbols & summoning the nearest armed Commissar to your position.
>>
>>46823554
>>46823784
>>46823806
Ya'll are seriously over thinking an excuse to write fantasy lesbian smut.

And how in the blue hell is your girlfriend having sex with another girl /explicitly for your pleasure/ anywhere near the cuckoldry line? That lacks the entire fucking point of the girl insulting and demeaning you.
>>
>>46825137
Look up the definition, anon. Not the meme one, the real one. It refers to someone who gets off having their spouse sleeping with other people.

Not sure what's so hard about just having the guy get in there too. Or hell, if you only care about lesbians? Cut him out entirely and have just this random angel and demon get into the argument.
>>
>>46817741
Angels, in general, will not do something for you unless you prove your piety or devotion or something similar to them as worthy of their support. They're also rather righteous, and would probably take offense to being summoned and forced to work for a random mortal.

Demons, in general, are willing to do pretty much anything as long as they get something out of it. That something might be a contract with you, a promise of rewards, or just planning revenge once its summoning is finished.

Overall, you are much more likely to get random work out of a demon than an angel. The demon has much more strings attached, but people summoning them generally think they can outwit the strings involved.

Also, what >>46817801 said.
>>
>>46817741
>So why aren't angels summoned instead of demons?
Because demons are fun and can be persuaded to have fun. Angels have no free will and would only lecture you about your selfishness, you prick.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.