[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you could play a faction from an existing setting sent to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
If you could play a faction from an existing setting sent to a different post-apoc setting (specifically Degenesis, where fuel is a hard to get commodity), what would you play as? Say, Imperial Guard from 40k would be one example. Preferably one that has some sustaianability/self-sufficiency
>>
>>46800149
Delta Green.

Works perfectly, think about it. They hide in plain sight, favoring law employment and administrative occupation. They go on secret missions and face things that they can never mention. High mortality, high turnover, mission structure... it works.
>>
File: Magog.png (212 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Magog.png
212 KB, 400x300
Bonus points for including a theme song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuETuApX-WM
>>
File: 1429418789329.jpg (352 KB, 1450x1600) Image search: [Google]
1429418789329.jpg
352 KB, 1450x1600
>>46800149
UNSC marines. I've thought of playing a game in the theme of Metro 2033 centered around UNSC survivors after a 'partial glassing' of the capital city of a outer colony planet. They survived by hiding in the 50+ meter deep metros. The Glassing was left incomplete due to the outbreak of the great shism,

The fleet that assfucked their defenses was half brute, half elite, and so it tore it'self apart as soon as orders came in. The survivors have to contend with the utterly apocalyptic landscape above, and the fact that the covie's who were still planet side or survived reentry were now fighting tooth and nail all around the glassed zone.

Pic related could come up if the players ever make it out of the glass lands and into the 'surviving' settlements.
>>
>>46801221
Yes

>>46801420
Someone is already doing that though
>>
>>46801221
Who is the singer and where can I find more of her? Her voice is adorable
>>
>>46803845
really? who and where?
>>
>>46804426

Banddy Leggz or whatever the fuck.
Prepare for ear cancer.
>>
File: DistantActOnInstinctNoises.jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
DistantActOnInstinctNoises.jpg
59 KB, 640x480
>>46800149
>I reject your apocalypse and substitute my own.

https://youtu.be/y7R2fjjpvjo?t=45m48s

Sure, we're trading one self-replicating habitable land denier for another, but at least we can restore Peace, Unity and Brotherhood through Power. All it takes is one MCV, initial supplies and tiberium spores/crystals to unite humanity on the path to ascension and salvation.

Functionally for players, they may just end up playing C&C Renegade with more NPC recruitment quests, but making choices as to how to expand their base of operations might be fun. Not to mention awesome vehicle and gear choices.
>>
>>46800149
An Imperial world, massive hive world Corusant style, that's caught between a Tyranid splinter fleet, and a daemonic incursion. The remnants of Imperial citizenry, PDF, and IG are struggling to survive, banding together in small tight knit groups. Some Eldar who were supposed to prevent the clusterfuck are also trapped there, and the only way any of them can make it out of this alive is via a seldom used webway opening that even the Eldar didn't know existed. It's just located far off on the other side of the planet

Fear, politicking, strained trust, possible betrayal. Maybe a sprinkle of hope.
>>
>>46803845
What do you mean? I have not heard of others doing that, though I have mentioned it on the board a couple times.

Mind you, I am not assuming I'm super orriginal with my idea, I just haven't noticed any one else doing a parralel thing as of yet.
>>
File: Garvey.jpg (14 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Garvey.jpg
14 KB, 480x270
>>46800149
The Minutemen.

Protecting settlements and knowing enough about technology to maintain Laser Muskets since...whenever they were founded.
>>
>>46807042
not the other poster, but are you considering running a game based on your idea? the one about UNSC marines stranded on an outer colony?
>>
>>46807450
Until they got btfo by a giant crab and couldn't even fight off some raiders despite having power armour right there
>>
>>46807452
I am. My problem is a lack of a system... but i have considered reskinning only war, or d20 modern, and there was also that halo home brew that i don't know much about. Any suggestions or ideas?
>>
>>46807602
I think there was a Halo RPG rule book floating around somewhere. Would it help if I could find it?
>>
>>46807508
No worries, their new leader spends a lot of time constructing legions of robots and automated defense systems out of boxes of scrap.
>>
File: Halo rpg.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Halo rpg.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46807602
Does this help?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.