[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Force of Will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Card Back FOW.jpg (56 KB, 355x492) Image search: [Google]
Card Back FOW.jpg
56 KB, 355x492
Too soon for a Force of Will thread? Too bad I'm making one anyway.

I know some anons play this and I was wondering if buying sealed product is worth it or if I'm better off buying singles when it comes to common and uncommon cards.

Also are the Valhalla Cluster cards even worth tracking down?

And I guess we can speculate about how the prices of Grimm cluster cards are going to drop when it rotates.
>>
>>46798425
>I was wondering if buying sealed product is worth it or if I'm better off buying singles when it comes to common and uncommon cards.
Really depends on what prices you're being asked to pay for the singles. If someone is asking like $2+ for an Elvish Priest and you can get CMF packs for $3 you may as well just crack some. But most commons/uncommons don't even break 50cents so buying packs to hunt them isn't economical.

>Also are the Valhalla Cluster cards even worth tracking down?
Generally no, at least in the US they'll never be legal even in a Legacy format because they never actually saw release here.
>>
>>46799606
Thanks for the help, are box ratios usually fairly consistent or can they be all over the place? Like if I want a play set of every card in a set should I crack a couple of boxes or just straight out buy it?
>>
>>46800900
I've heard box ratios are pretty consistent, but the general price of cards is much cheaper than the price of sealed product. Except in rare cases where a common is worth several dollars (so Elvish Priest), you're just better off buying singles because the secondary market is so devalued.
>>
>buy singles for first deck
>netdecked a G/R aggro from fowtavern that uses R/R as a ruler
>call the cops I don't give a fuck
>tournaments are on Wednesday
>order cards Thursday
>get email saying they just started shipping on Monday
God fucking dammit tcgplayer.
>>
Can we expect the game to stop being 4-5 color regalia toolboxes once Grimm leaves?
>>
>>46802993
Possibly, it looks like instead of making good cards for every color in every color, they are moving to a yugioh style with archetypes.
>>
What would be a good combination to add in with Lancelot?
>>
>>46798425
>Also are the Valhalla Cluster cards even worth tracking down?
Oh my no. You wouldn't be able to even play with them let alone try and trade them. Avoid them.
>>
File: Ame-no-Habakiri.jpg (286 KB, 557x777) Image search: [Google]
Ame-no-Habakiri.jpg
286 KB, 557x777
>>46805153
Ame no Habakiri.
Percival if you're running white to get him from a search.
>>
>>46805291
Anything else you recommend?
>>
>>46805291
>>46805403
And also, how many Percevals would you recommend using as well?
>>
>>46805403
Rapid Growth.
Rukh Egg can search him up. You can run Cthugha with Egg for an auto T2 lancelot if you have both cards in hand.
If you're running Reflect as a ruler, you can pump him for 200 then again with a Little Red, the Pure Stone for a total of 400.
You can probably build a R/W Knights of the Round Table tribal because it has support cards that raise attack.
>>
>>46805589
>You can probably build a R/W Knights of the Round Table tribal because it has support cards that raise attack.
That's what I'm doing now, but I'm having a hard time balancing what cards to have in the deck itself.
>>
>>46805570
>how many Percevals would you recommend using as well?
4, Percies can hit each other if you happen to miss Lance. If you don't already have some it wouldn't be a bad idea to throw in some Regalia for the same reason, depending on who your Ruler is.

Having a couple Arthurs at least in the sideboard is also great with Percival, he can end certain matchups real damn quick.
>>
>>46805650
>can hit each other
I'm not following.
>>
>>46805696
The get-knights-to-hand effect, you can grab another Percival if it comes up, then play that one to continue digging for relevant stuff.

Hence, run 4 of them to maximize your chances of actually finding something off his effect.
>>
>>46805814
Alrighty, what else should I do about my deck list then? And what would you say I shouldn't have a lot of for it?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.