[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting an evolution game if anybody is interested For those
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: Evolution.png (28 KB, 908x660) Image search: [Google]
Evolution.png
28 KB, 908x660
Starting an evolution game if anybody is interested

For those who haven't played before, I will give some information...

The game is based around editing the basic organisms in the image, to "evolve" them, you will have to adapt them so they can thrive on their planet

This is done by saving the image of the organism, editing it in MS Paint/Other programme, saving the new organism and then uploading it.

When editing an organism, the changes should make said organism better suited to fit the ecosystem such as defensive and offensive mechanisms to protect from predators, catch prey, etc. It should also be adapted to its environment or climate, i.e. adapted to Hot, Cold, Water Logged, Radioactive areas, etc.

I will post the game rules in a separate post as well as individual jpgs of the organisms if you want
>>
The game takes place on a planet not too far from our own, water is in abundance and dry land is present. However, life is only adapted at the moment to live in marshy swampland areas

Here are the rules:
- No editing a creature straight after you just edited it, make sure there is at least one edited creature post in between, I have no problem with you doing it like this: Creature A, then Creature B, then Creature A
- Creatures do not go extinct unless I declare them extinct
- Only one change per generation (colour changes included)
- Changes should be minute, if you want to make a large change, it should take multiple posts, the bigger the change, the longer the amount of posts
- Changes should be logical
- No alien intervention/Extinction level events/Climate changes unless I declare there to be
- Joke evolutions are fine as long as they are a one off, don't keep evolving joke organisms
- If an organism has evolved to be a separate species, state its name specifically, if it's just a subspecies or offshoot it can keep it's previous name
- State its attributes i.e. Diet, Locomotion Method, Etc.

Did I miss anything?
>>
File: sadsac.png (2 KB, 224x187) Image search: [Google]
sadsac.png
2 KB, 224x187
>>46726908
>No shitposting
>Avoid responding to shitposters

>>46726841
The herbivores no longer swim from algae to algae. Instead they consume the algae whole and store it in their stretchy body, carrying it around until it loses its nutritions.
>>
I'm too tired to think of anything, but I'm rootin' for algae to locomote, leave the ocean, eliminate the enemies and take over using nothing but domesticated detritivores for CO2 production.
I sincerely hope everyone else is with me.
>>
>>46727486
We could make this a real "rags to riches" story.
>>
We have already started a game of Evo, check the archives.
Let's not split the threads in multiple Evo games
other thread: >>46727812
>>
>>46727834
Ey, that evo started as well when another one was still up.
>>
>>46728180
it was because the other one had died of shitposting tho
>>
File: starish.png (2 KB, 200x186) Image search: [Google]
starish.png
2 KB, 200x186
>>46726841
Several detritivore merge together. The outer ones search around for things to consume while the middle ones store them in their body.
>>
You shouldn't post these at night.
>>
>>46726841
That shit's a tube.
>>
File: Algae Gen1.png (14 KB, 751x158) Image search: [Google]
Algae Gen1.png
14 KB, 751x158
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.