[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pfg/ - Pathfinder General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: smugwizard.png (308 KB, 741x753) Image search: [Google]
smugwizard.png
308 KB, 741x753
Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Smug Edition!

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/YhdxTQS6

Previous thread: >>46834033
>>
Repostan from previous bread.

>Let's play a game, /pfg/.

>AP Soundtracks. Think of a vidya track you like, and then think of an encounter from a Pathfinder AP it would be suitable for.

I'll start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3472Q6kvg0

Any fight against a Huge or larger robot enemy in Iron Gods.
>>
>>46847725
>AP Soundtracks. Think of a vidya track you like, and then think of an encounter from a Pathfinder AP it would be suitable for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VaEdKwXJhM

Trying to enter The Howlings, plays the moment that diplomacy check passes with Greta.
>>
File: 4f17a1d61fe1d76e4b7c701615eb69b4.jpg (504 KB, 1374x3000) Image search: [Google]
4f17a1d61fe1d76e4b7c701615eb69b4.jpg
504 KB, 1374x3000
Would you allow your player to use their Djezet Skin as a spell material component?

>One of the strangest of skymetals, rust-red djezet is liquid at all temperatures. This makes the metal relatively useless for crafting objects, but most who seek out this substance intend to use it instead as an additional component for spellcasting, as it possesses an ability to enhance magic. When used as an additional material component, a dose of djezet increases the effective spell level by 1, which stacks with a heightened spell. To function as an additional material component, the spellcaster must use a number of doses of djezet equal to the spell's original level—additional djezet doses have no effect. Djezet costs 200 gp per dose.

Pic related. Probably wearing Djezet Skin
>>
>>46847725
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_660VolAzE

>downtime in Sandpoint in Rise of the Runelords, waiting for something to happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjJmQyTYRhs

>SUDDENLY, STONE GIANTS BATTLE STATIONS SCRAMBLE THE AIR ELEMENTALS GO GO GO THIS IS NOT A DRILL
>>
File: 097289a757d2771e23d1f6c4dad4ac04.jpg (339 KB, 1448x1972) Image search: [Google]
097289a757d2771e23d1f6c4dad4ac04.jpg
339 KB, 1448x1972
>>46847780
>Tharja
Nice

I'll put it at around 5 doses of Djezet, before gaining the broken status and offers no AC bonus. After using the 6th dose, you're literally fighting in the nude.
>>
>>46847780
First, that's a body stocking, not armor.

Second, Djezet is rust-red, which that ain't.

Thirdly, yes, but it would lower the armor's effectiveness by 1 point per use, which can't be restored except by repairing it using actual doses of djezet.
>>
>>46847725
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-K6wBMBl1g

>descending into the Worldwound to fight Deskari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=292ni0Qrum0

>in the Dancing Hut waiting for something to happen in Reign of Winter
>>
>>46847877
>>Tharja
I tried that game, and didn't really like it, but Tharja was a pleasant surprise. I assumed she would be a dumb fuck yandere based on images I'd seen of her, but she was cute and sweet. Still didn't like the game.
>>
So I kinda get two somewhat conflicting pieces of advice and I don't know what is more correct (building a psion, campaign starts at level 5)

#1:
>holy shit, never EVER go below 7 hp/level (assuming taking half your HD plus bonuses per level)
#2:
>holy shit, never EVER take toughness
am i just supposed to dump points into con all day erry day for every build ever?
>>
>>46848109
Yes. Unless you're undead, in which case your HP is based on charisma.

"minimum 7" for a full caster/manifester is pretty high though. I'd suggest a minimum of 5, which is a shitload easier to accomplish.
>>
>>46848109
If your DM doesn't allow max HD per level as a houserule, he's an idiot.
>>
>>46848153
W E W L A D
>>
>>46848109
>Psion
>5th-level

Congratulations, you have access to one of the strongest possible defenses in the game, base HP is of little concern to you.

>Share Pain (2nd-level power, Hour/level duration)
>Psicrystal Affinity (obviously, practically mandatory)
>Psicrystals have Hardness 8, which reduces any damage they take from Share Pain by 8, because unlike DR, Hardness doesn't give a shit if the source of damage is magical or not
>Vigor grants 5 temp HP per PP invested, but
>Share Powers lets you use it on yourself and your psicrystal in the same action for the same cost, so it's effectively 10 temp HP per PP invested
>Your Psicrystal has 1/2 your base HP anyway
>It's extremely expendable, just get a new one if it dies
>Oh and you have Concealing Amorpha if you feel like getting a miss chance thrown in there too

>>46848153
(You)
>>
>>46848153
I make my players roll. No one has complained, but two characters have died. Am I being an ass hole on accident? I make them roll because I know they all cheat on ability rolls anyway.
>>
>>46848153
Our group uses minimum of atleast half the die
>>
>>46848191
Nope, the way the game is, rolls is what you should do. I've seen some GMs who give max HP at 1st and 2nd, then you can either roll or you get 1/2HD (round up) + 1hp per level.
>>
>>46848191
Two things here.

Firstly, as long as whatever you're throwing at them is actually an appropriate encounter, you're fine. What exactly that is, isn't something /pfg/ tends to agree on, so I won't go too deep into that.

Secondly, if you know they cheat on their rolls, either call them out on their shit, or just fuckin' give them a point buy like somebody from this fuckin' decade jesus christ dude don't roll for ability scores why.
>>
>>46848191
Easy way to solve the cheating is to make them do point buy stats, anon. Fixes any imbalances that stat rolling brings up. then it's their own fault if their HP is shit.
>>
>>46848153
My other DM uses the max HD + Con rule. My other DM uses half HD + Con rule.

Which is better?
>>
>>46848258
Whichever the dm builds their enemies around.
>>
>>46848191
>>I make them roll because I know they all cheat on ability rolls anyway.
Find new players. Or just make it a point buy. My group doesn't cheat on rolls but we have one person who rolls very well for character creation and one person who rolls very poorly. And when I say poorly I mean he rolled 4d6 (drop the lowest) 6 times for stats and had one score above a 10, and he managed to do this twice.
>>
>>46848258
Half is better for normal difficulty games, since it's basically the average and, thus, what the printed material assumes you'll likely have.

Harder games should probably have a little cushion, since that extra half isn't going to last more than one or two hits at best anyhow.
>>
>>46848153
Half HD + Con +10 at first level.

Basically just taking all the .5s you'd get on average across your career and frontloading them to alleviate RDS
>>
>>46848315
Alternatively, have everyone roll, but everyone can use anyone else's set.
>>
>>46848153
My DM does full HD per level because sometimes he overestimates us and brings in some pretty dangerous encounter at us.
>>
>>46848458
I do the same thing as a DM, and I'm glad that I chose that route.
>>
>>46848407
We have done that before, 4 players, each rolls an array. Anyone can use anyone's array for their character, arrays can be used by more than one player.
>>
>>46848315
>>46848246
>>46848247
I've just never liked point buy, because you don't end up with fun stuff like two high as fuck stats and one or two low as shit rolls. You never have someone with 7 INT or something. With point buy they always do even spreads. Right now, with their cheating and my modifier total maximum of +7, they at least make interesting spreads.
>>
>>46848315
I remember a DM giving us a free 20 on any one stat, combined with 6 rolls of 4d6 (dropping lowest and rerolling any 1's and 2's)... the lowest of the 6 stats would be dropped.

We wound up with some ridiculously powerful characters. the "average" stat was around a 14 or 15, spellcasters all put their 20 in their spellcasting stat and usually added a racial bonus onto it too.
>>
>>46848536
> You never have someone with 7 INT or something
With minmaxers you sure as fuck do, dude. Theres nothing stopping you from having wild stat spreads in pointbuy if thats what you really want.
>>
>>46848585
Oh, and the rolls were assigned as we choose.
>>
>>46847725
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8

A fully souped-up Karzoug at the end of Rise of the Runelords, utilizing the fact that he's a goddamn Transformation Wizard 20 to become the most terrifying magic-knight in the entire world. Something to really end RotRL properly.
>>
>>46847888
>First, that's a body stocking, not armor.

Djezet skin armor is explicitly 'like a second skin', so it'd look like a body stocking.
>>
>>46848585

God, I loved these types of character creations when I could find them.

I don't want to be restricted by attributes when designing a character, you know? When everyone is great, it kinda forces you to use roleplay to differentiate yourself.
>>
>>46848407
>>46848533
Hmmm.
That's a neat idea.
>>
>>46848536
I have yet to see people do even spreads with point buy. It's the epitome of min/maxing. You have hideous spreads of stats with a point buy system. Give yourself an 8 in one stat, get more points to spend on other stats.

>>46848585
I like thta idea, an old friend used to do something similar back in 2nd Ed D&D, everyone gets one 18, the other stats are rolled with 4d6, drop the lowest, he did the same for pretty much any D20 game we'd play no matter if it was D&D, Star Wars, whatever.

Then again I've also had one GM whose idea was roll 3d6 8 times, pick the six stats you want to use then roll 1d4 as bonus points you get to divide out among your rolled stats.
>>
>>46848640
>I have yet to see people do even spreads with point buy. It's the epitome of min/maxing. You have hideous spreads of stats with a point buy system. Give yourself an 8 in one stat, get more points to spend on other stats.
If you're not interested in minmaxing, you don't have to do that. Its easy to get by on 25 point buy without dipping below 10.
>>
>>46848672
I've seen one group use a 32 point buy before... Yeah, 32 points. Then add gestalt on top of that.
>>
>>46848672

He's mentioning how common it is to find players that *do* minmax with point buy, and wind up with awkward abominations that have 7s and 8s for crazy builds that fuck up the guy that kept their 10s and maybe put some points in a "fun" attribute.

People don't like getting fucked over by the cheeser when they gimped themselves with a "flavorful" build.
>>
>>46848705
Some GM clearly was a masochist.
>>
>>46848623
We had a half-orc bard with +12 to intimidate at level 1 due to 1 skill rank (and +3 bonus for it being a trained class skill) +2 racial bonus on intimidate, and 22(+6) charisma. It was horrifying.
>>
>>46848705

>32 PB
>Gestalt
>Path of War is allowed, other 3pp open to review
>level 5 start
>Race open to modification and/or creation up to 20 RP

This is literally my dream set-up for character creation.
>>
>>46848736
Why?
>>
>>46848593
>>46848640
My players don't min max. If I let them point buy they try to be good at everything because they're retarded.
>>
>>46848715

Not really? The more generous the character creation, the more likely the players will understand the DM is well within his right to throw crazy things at them right out of the gates.

32 PB gestalt with PoW means the DM throwing 20 orcs at you, level 2. You're powerful, PROVE IT.
>>
>>46848748

Wide range of character options without being a total freeform fuckfest?
>>
>>46848759
>not throwing a dragon at them out the starting gate
>>
>>46848640
I've found that Clerics can function pretty well with an even spread with point buy, since they're already kind of MAD when they aren't going for a specific build.
>>
>>46848736
I'm not gonna lie, I'd love to give that a shot myself.

/tg/, how do I make Reyvateils as a character race
>>
>>46848795

Exactly! Give them the tools and throw them to the wolves! Too many DMs baby their players because they're scared of hurting them, that's bullshit! Give them toys and let them use them! Shit, this is why Dark Souls is so damn popular!
>>
>>46848715
No, they just threw encounters that were 3-4 CRs above the group at us.

>>46848736
Gestalt is fixed as the two classes you pick, if you want to multiclass after level 1, then you only get 1 class rather than 2 but you can always return to the gestalt 'class' anytime. PoW isn't allowed but other third party up for the group to decide if we want it or not (everyone runs stuff so we want to be in agreement about what's in and what isn't). That's my group's build system for any of the Paizo prewritten campaigns. Granted, everything in the prewritten stuff is modified and made tougher, more of them, hell, even some of the big baddies get gestalted. Homebrew there are slight modifications depending on who is running the campaign, some like a 20 point buy with a +1 every even level instead of every 4, others like the 32 point buy.

>>46848759
Exactly what you said, with builds like that, you damn well better know how to kill shit like no one's business, because the GM is not going to go easy on the party.
>>
>>46848839
To be fair senpai, Dark Souls also gives players unlimited respawns.

It works, absolutely, but that caveat wouldn't hold up in a d20 game unless the GM engineered shit in such a way that it made narrative sense. In Dark Souls, the plot is there, but it's kind of subdued, and the focus is purely on beating the shit out of awesome boss fights. RPGs don't have this framework.
>>
>>46848879
People probably wouldn't like Dark Souls if you had to start from the beginning any time you died.
>>
>>46848896
Kind of my point m8.
>>
>>46848911
I was concurring with you.
>>
>>46848748

He always wanted to play Exalted without dealing with White Wolf-tier mechanics.
>>
>>46848979
Which, you know, isn't that bad of a goal. Fuck WW.
>>
>>46848943
I apologize, I misread the post in a very odd and obvious manner.
>>
I'm confused about zeal for zealots. What do I roll to activate zeal? Plus do I always regain equal to my modifier when I do it? Why even have the other way to regain one?
>>
>>46848153
Mine does (as do I) a choice. You can either get half your HD +1 + CON mod, or you can roll to see if you get higher. If you don't get higher, then you just get half your HD + CON mod. 1st level is max HP, though.
>>
File: 1406419067828.jpg (56 KB, 663x511) Image search: [Google]
1406419067828.jpg
56 KB, 663x511
Don't hide it from me, /pfg/. Tell me about your last session.
>>
File: blank.jpg (36 KB, 432x432) Image search: [Google]
blank.jpg
36 KB, 432x432
>>46849802
Canceled
>>
>>46849772
What I'm saying is recovering 6 maneuvers as a move action is stupidly strong.
>>
>>46849851
It's weaker than stuff like Warlord gambits or even stuff like 3.5 Warblade's recovery.

Zealot's niche as an initiator is being able to sit still and do maneuvers as much as they want, if they want.
>>
>>46849802
My little 3 man party informed the local Hunters' Guild that they failed to capture the Cerynitis I sent them against (I expected that; they're level 4 and the party consists of a Gnome Impossible Bloodline crafter Sorc, a Kobold Cavalier riding a boar, and a Human Cleric).

They went on to find an underground fight club where the Kobold, in single combat, cleanly KOed a Firbolg I sent against him, whose health I had to double on the fly to make it seem like a challenge. The Cleric managed to just barely pull out a win against a particularly nasty wild shaping Druid I made with Entangle and Leopard form.
>>
>>46849851
You Aid Another, so you have to beat a 10 on something that you could accomplish on your own whilst helping an ally do something.

It's kinda garbage compared to Void Prophet's 'get 6 maneuevers back every time the party kills osmething, and also one back every time you jam an enemy into your collective'
>>
>>46847780
Doesn't look liquid at all temperatures to me.

Magic isn't used for approximates, it requires exact ingredients and perfect wording with precise hand gestures or it fails, if you're lucky. You also can't use a diamond ring worth 500gp as 500gp of diamond dust.

It's the price you pay for having the flexibility and power of magic.
>>
>>46849906
You get back manuveres whether or not you actually make the aid another.
>>
>>46847725
>>Fighting any oni directly allied with the Five Storms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFW3mm6SpAg

>>Facing off against Unity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dPaVk4G1jg
>>
>>46849802
Most of it involved a banquet in the royal palace, where some sleazy ambassador kept trying to talk his way into Ameiko's pants (she being the empress and presently my character's fiance), while my Oracle cockblocked him at every turn as she looked on approvingly.

Later said ambassador went and had dinner with the various ministers, going full Cao Cao. I think I see an upcoming assassination on the political horizon.
>>
>>46847725
>>PCs activate the Scroll of Kakishon and realize who's inside
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
>>
>>46849802
Cancelled du to a drop-out.
>>
>>46849802
>Cleric and barbarian botch a stealth raid, barbarian nearly dies due to having to stealth naked
>managed to hide a barrel of gunpowder inside boar mooks are feeding to the BBEG's pet dragon
>barrel explodes in dragon's mouth causing it to go on a rampage
>Back at camp with ex paladin turned robin hood NPC who received serious injury during botched raid. He bids them farewell since rampage means they need to move camp
>they dont even try to recruit him

>Few days later
>heading off to finish dragon
>Goblin rogue wants no part
>they shove him upside down in a backpack and carry him to the base of the mountain
>gets free and walks back to town effectively abandoning the party
>rest of part continues on to dragon's lair
>merelyafleshwound.jpg
>party begs dragon for life
>Dragon agrees but only if they serve him by hunting for his food.

>Rogue is now alone in town
>Rest of party presumed dead.
>>
>>46849802
Running Crimson Throne, players grappled, pinned, and cut Gaedren Lamm, interrogated the fuck out of him, and then fed him to a shark.
>>
>>46849802
Campaign one:

We discovered the mercenary organization on the Plane of Shadows was being infiltrated and controlled by Illithid-bred Psionic Worms (which had a hive mind of their own) and turned on the party from the joint terrorist unit we operated in against the Dwarven Mechanists.

They stole several key artifacts that we were keeping from the Dwarves. The dwarves, who arrived at the same time, explained they were trying to write the worms out of existence with the artifacts. We went with them, got kitted out in the best tech there was, and deployed into the plane of shadows to head them off.

Long story short, it is really hard to deal with someone who has perfect control over Divination, Illusion and Enchantment. +20 insight on all rolls/AC, shades and power word kills at will is an absolute nightmare. But, we came with a squad, and our druid/monk managed to pin him long enough to cleanse the infestation and recover all the artifacts.

Next session is the last one, we've collected all the artifacts and are going to defend the Dwarves' mountain home Abbad Mahaz, long enough to write the infestation out, while their entire mercenary operation crashes down on us. And they are in the Shadow Plane of pretty much every world.

-----

Second campaign:

We're doing Rappan Athuk, the Pathfinder adaptation of Tomb of Horrors.

Honestly, not much happened. We went down to level 5, figured our way through a maze that required you to be dumb to get through, followed a poem about a tomb down here, found some valuable fungi and got to the tomb.

Issue is, we just got ambushed by a CR 45 Sorceress and three CR 25 Ravager Spawn.

We're pretty tough now, though. Thanks to some loose reading by the GM, we have +10 weapons and armor now.
>>
What're the easiest Warlord Gambit(s) to get off?
>>
>>46850076
Deadeye Gambit. If you have Greater Called Shot, you make Called Shots at a +2. Just aim at arm, torso or legs, where there is a -2 to hit, cancelling out the penalty.
>>
>>46850066
>We're doing Rappan Athuk, the Pathfinder adaptation of Tomb of Horrors.
That's cute, but that's not what that is, at all. Rappan Athuk is harder.

By a long shot.
>>
>>46850092
No, it's Pinhole. Literally just shoot somebody who's in melee with someone else. Easy as shit, everybody has precise shot anyway.
>>
>>46850387
Oh good.

I'm just a player, the GM asked us to not look up the material online, so I haven't pushed it by checking Tomb either. Perhaps he said it was inspired.
>>
>>46850404
I suppose it depends on what you consider easier. GCS is definitely more demanding feat wise, but applicable in more situations.

Melee, ranged, team in contested melee combat or out of it. If you have any enemy, you can CS them.

I agree that if you're ranged, you should definitely take Pinhole, but in general Deadeye is easier to 'get off', and less penalizing if you don't have the requisite feats. (-2 as opposed to -4)
>>
>>46848705
>tfw a GM introduced me to PoW with 52 point buy gestalt, I ask if that's a bit much but he said it's fine
>Later complained I trivialized all encounters he made
>>
>>46850526

>mythweaverslogic.jpg
>>
>>46850526
uh... just what the hell did your stats end up as?
>>
>>46850526
That's a weird number. You get 18/18/18/11/10/10 with that, which is... Odd, to say the least.
>>
Anyone have any experience past lvl 15+?
My group is pretty close to that level and I'm starting to doubt if SMVIII is worth it.

The options are few, their SLAs are a bit weak, and I see few viable options other than summoning 1d3 from the previous list.
>>
>>46849802
Hell's Rebels
>ragtag band of heroes assembly at Aria park
>one, a woman, Lashunta Oracle (Heavens) on her way to work at a local bookstore
>another, a Jeggare bastard, Tiefling Alchemist (Vivisectionist) who just showed up to watch the show
>a third, an entertainer, Kitsune Medium (Spirit Dancer) showed up in disguise to make a scene
>fourth member, pissed off citizen, Human Fighter (Mutation Warrior) tired of Thrune's shit
>Shaman watched from the sidelines, Alchemist silenced the pro-democracy, Fighter searched for a contact and the Medium rabble roused
>riot goes about as you would expect
>Shaman and Medium escaped without issue early on
>Fighter leaves after tangling with some dottari
>Alchemist escapes last
>Rexus is saved largely thanks to the Shaman's love of Color Spray and the Medium kinda piled in to help
>Fighter caught up just in time to meet Rexus
>The group reconvenes at the coffee shop
>Alchemist drops in for coffee and treats the Shaman as his waitress
>when she refuses - he loudly complains about bad service
>Medium and Rexus rope Alchemist into the fold with offers of money
>livery goes pretty smoothly
>the wasp nest is a little more bumpy
>albino alligator deals some damage
>Chough is knocked out and the Fushi sisters are recruited
>Alchemist insists that a murderous dire corby is worth keeping around
Now the party is preparing to start up an organized anti-Thrune movement. Everyone is pretty neutral to the Silver Raven's resurrection, and seem to have opted on developing their own group.
>>
>>46850778
Well you could also have...

18 / 18 / 18 / 14 / 10 / 7
18 / 16 / 16 / 16 / 14 / 10
18 / 18 / 16 / 16 / 11 / 7
16 / 16 / 16 / 16 / 16 / 12
>>
I heard feral combat training lets you flurry with your natural attacks, does this also mean you can nonlethal without suffering the -4 to hit penalty?
>>
>>46851004
How would the first thing imply the other?
>>
>>46851004
The ability to deal nonlethal damage with unarmed strikes without the penalty is a function of the monk's unarmed strike ability, not flurry of blows.
>>
>>46851081
I kind of hoped that being allowed to treat your natural attacks as unarmed strikes also gave it the same benefit as improved unarmed strike.
>>
>>46851154
Isn't the Ascetic Style chain something like that? Does it work for natural weapons?
>>
>>46851148
Well, to be 100% accurate, it's a function of Improved Unarmed Strike itself.

Or to be 150% accurate, it's the DEFAULT method of damage with unarmed strikes, and the ability to do LETHAL damage is the additive ability.
>>
>>46849802
Running Tears at Bitter Manor. I decided to play Verus Crandel like a cranky jive grandpa for some reason. Party just finished exploring the house, the idyllkin arcane-blooded bloodrager pretty much finished off most of the encounters after the rest of the players tried plinking away through resists/DR. They managed to bypass the attic trap but the rogue got hit with the liquid blade (but made her save). Now they're just ransacking the place.

I'm not sure how the module expects players to both loot the house and report the deaths of the servants to the constables but I'm sure they'll figure something out.
>>
>>46850778
>>46850762
It's been a while, I went with 8/18/18/14/12/18.

>Easily cleared 100+ damage with a full attack pounce at level 6
This was before I learnt that Primal Fury/Thrashing Dragon were relative problem disciplines
>>
>>46851154
What natural attack are you wanting to deal nonlethal with?
>>
>>46852129
Claws, but I can do bite if it has to be bludgeoning damage.
But yeah, I'd prefer claws.
>>
>>46849802
It consisted of my fighter fishing reefclaws, growling at them and throwing them back, our gunslinger downing 22 beers, our changeling trying to fuck everything that had opposable thumbs and our druid wondering why his party is made of weirdos.
>>
>>46852185
Claws are slashing and bludgeoning, though.
>>
>>46852185
Yep. Claws are bludgeoning and slashing, so just get the Bludgeoner feat.
>>
>GM allows retraining
>Feel a little guilty about doing feat takebacksies but accept anyways
>About to start new campaign with same GM

How ill mannered would it be to initially take feats/class features that are powerful early game then retrain it later on?
>>
>>46852356
As a GM I wouldn't be offended. Merely very disappointed in you.
>>
>>46852356
I'd only consider it ill-mannered if you're doing stuff like retraining sorcerer/oracle levels, or other stuff you don't have control over.
>>
>>46852363
>>46852378
I'm thinking more about those crappy arcanist exploits that deal energy damage or novel oracle revelations that may be fun to play with for a while but become useless later on.
>>
>>46852388
Eh. If it was stuff like that, I wouldn't mind.

I mean, the options are you take them and retrain them once they're not useful anymore, or you just don't take them.
>>
Five-Shadow Creeping Ice Enervation Strike!
>>
File: 1444505370750.jpg (42 KB, 500x353) Image search: [Google]
1444505370750.jpg
42 KB, 500x353
So /pfg/ I want to own a airship I don't have the money yet (we are level 3) but what are some things to keep in mind when getting one?
>>
>>46852442
what
>>
I'm having trouble understanding this:
>In case it matters, a dead character, no matter how he died, has hit points equal to or less than his negative Constitution score.
Is pretty vague,lets say I have 20 con, and I somehow fail a death attack save. Am I at -20 or is it -21?
>>
>>46852563
I'm assuming -20.
>>
>>46852563
Equal to or less than.

That text is for things that provoke instant death, as opposed to death via hp.

So in essence, it's saying that if killed by an instant-kill effect, your hp is only JUST negative enough to kill you.
>>
>>46852563
So yeah, -20, since -20 is the highest hp you can have that still results in you being dead.
>>
>>46852563
Assume -20. With that fucking retarded wording you could be at anything below -20. -3786900372773950 is valid according to that section of text.
>>
File: FF6 - Blackjack.jpg (358 KB, 913x514) Image search: [Google]
FF6 - Blackjack.jpg
358 KB, 913x514
>>46852448
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/vehicles

You need a pilot for that airship.
>>
>>46852448
Sky pirates.
>>
>>46852448
Adapt an airship from 3.5 eberron, and remember that it's terrible for actual combat or anything of the nature.
>>
>>46849851
Because anybody who has 22 Cha on a Zealot before much later levels has no fucking clue what they're doing. It's a fighting class, so most of that Cha is going to waste.
>>
>>46853040
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=14914.0

Gives you some of the material you'll need to reference (stormwrack and 3.5 dm guide), in addition to eberron book. It's a bunch of work but they do attempt to do airships pretty decently.
>>
Can you use limited wish to hijack spells shared with 4~6th level casters?
For example Greater angelic aspect is an 8th level cleric/wizard spell but its a 4th level paladin.
>>
>>46853401
No it would fall under a spell off your own spell list in this case. In which case, 6th level if it's not of an opposed school.

Why the fuck do you think you'd be able to get an 8th spell out of a 7th level spell slot?
>>
>>46853531
Because I'm a wizard
>>
>>46853401
I would say no. If it's in your spell-list, the non-wizard spell clause doesn't apply.
>>
Why is Sun Orchid Elixir treated as such a big deal when it's hardly ever produced and only turns back the clock to your early 20s?
>>
>>46853941
Because Paizo wants to make a low-to-middling-magic setting but decided to use a 3.5 derivative and ADD EVEN MORE MAGIC.
>>
>>46853941
The only major difference between the elixir and the mantle of immortality is that the elixir is one use.

The mantle even prevents death by old age when you wear it, if you assume "death" is a negative effect. Which it pretty much is, for a player.

And the mantle is 50k gold.
>>
>>46849802
our party fought the Unchained Monk love child of Wesker and Raiden and murdered the mayor of the town he mind controlled
>>
>>46854027

>50k gold

How much is the Sun Orchid Elixir, anyway? The fluff text says it's so valuable it's worth a kingdom, but Paizo has always been terrible with scale, so...

Also, I can totally see an advantage in the Elixir being one-use as opposed to the Mantle; take one sippy of the good stuff and you're solid for another 100 years, while the Mantle expects you to wear it every day.
>>
HEY GUYS, REMEMBER WHEN ELVES WERE IMMORTAL? GOOD THING PAIZO TOOK OUT THAT BIT OF LORE.

EVEN THOUGH TELANDIA EDASSERIL IS TOTALLY STILL QUEEN EVEN THOUGH SHE REMEMBERS THE USE OF THE SOVYRIAN STONE THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO, AND THASSILON THOUSANDS OF YEARS BEFORE THAT.
>>
>>46854098
Sun Orchid Elixir is an artifact, so it's worth however much everybody is willing to pay at the auction, but supposedly no dose has gone for less than 50k. Which is fucking retarded, I wouldn't pay more than 25k for a dose.

>the Mantle expects you to wear it every day
Tattoo that shit on your body. Or Inscribe Rune for extra safety.
>>
>>46854098
Kingdoms tend to be worth more than 50,000 gold. Even River Kingdoms. Sun Orchid Elixir doesn't make much sense in the setting.
>>
>>46854027
>>46854148

The Mantle's effects can be suppressed in an Anti-Magic Field, the Sun Orchid Elixir can not.

The Mantle also does not apparently make one immortal, it only removes all the negative effects of aging, meaning you'll be a pretty young buck when you die at the ripe old age of 80.
>>
>>46854152
Most River Kingdoms aren't, but other than that, yeah, kingdoms are worth well into the hundreds and hundreds of thousands of gold.

Absalom, for example? 3,798,750,000gp in assets. Purchase limit? 250,000gp.
>>
>>46852734
Yeah I have to talk to my gm about some kind of crew
>>46853016
Of the best kind
>>46853040
I check this out thanks
>>
>>46848062
What game is this?
>>
File: 1459221165079.gif (214 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1459221165079.gif
214 KB, 256x192
>>46854027
>>46854098
>>46854148
>>46854215
>The wearer no longer suffers penalties to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution from being of middle age or older. The penalties return if the robe is removed (or its powers suppressed), and the sudden weight of years is so traumatic that the wearer must make a DC 20 Fortitude save or be exhausted for 24 hours. Donning the robe again removes the age penalties, but does not remove this exhaustion, which must pass on its own or be remedied with magic.
Yeah, the mantle in no way makes you actually immortal. Even the shitty "well death is a penalty to me lol" argument doesn't mean shit, because it explicitly says penalties to physical stats, not penalties in general.
>>
>>46854098
It's worth about what a 15th level character can casually pay out. In one of the Tales novels there was an ongoing auction, and there were four people with "winning" bids. Assuming that each of them paid around a hundred thousand gold, that's four hundred thousand gold a year. Probably a drop in the bucket for most kingdoms.
>>
>>46853941
Seventh level druids are easier to find than the elixir.
>>
>>46854266
High-level druids are also hippies who are probably the biggest proponents of "death is natural and immortality is bad!" outside of the church of Pharasma.
>>
File: 0leVY9y.png (287 KB, 700x577) Image search: [Google]
0leVY9y.png
287 KB, 700x577
>>46854152
>>46854219

>Most River Kingdoms aren't worth 50k gold

This part always made me stand back and think about how dumb Kingmaker is, I mean we're expected to make a "mighty kingdom" in a region that is known for transient, unstable kingdoms filled with poverty and shitty lifestyles? And we haven't even built the castle for this kingdom yet, while other River Kingdoms have entire cities?

Nigga please, if you ask me Kingmaker should've been about conquering Brevoy or Nirmathas and consolidating your rule while protecting the nation from foreign aggression. I mean god dammit the impetus is RIGHT THERE, a player could be the sole remaining heir to House Rogarvia or some shit!

>>46854242

Fire Emblem, a game about Eugenics and waifu wars.

Lucina is cute! CUTE!
>>
File: Coils-of-Ydersius.jpg (81 KB, 711x1027) Image search: [Google]
Coils-of-Ydersius.jpg
81 KB, 711x1027
>there will never be a campaign where you can play as Coils of Ydersius, serpentfolk reincarnated into human forms to infiltrate the world of men
Why even be evil?
>>
File: Orx-005ex-02.jpg (36 KB, 400x341) Image search: [Google]
Orx-005ex-02.jpg
36 KB, 400x341
>>46848736
Hey... I'm in exactly that.
>>
File: missile-swarm.jpg (38 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
missile-swarm.jpg
38 KB, 640x360
>>46848759
Yes. Or fifty soldiers or whatever.
And you open fire, and it's *glorious*
>>
>>46848759
>>46848879

My. God.
You guys just made me want to run such a thing. Especially given that the guys who would want to play my campaign prefer less story/rping "bullshit" and would rather have interesting action going on.
>>
>>46854279
It doesn't make sense because other rulers are adventures as well, weirdly It'd make more sense if they weren't level 10 Fighters and Rogues.
>>
>>46854915
>It doesn't make sense because other rulers are adventures as well

Hardly, other rulers have PC levels because many of them can afford the education and training.

Also because Paizo is oh-so-scared at the prospect of PCs looking at the Grand Prince of Taldor's stats and think, "hey, wait a minute... I can totally Mind Control that guy!" They've got the levels because the alternative is people asking why rulers aren't being puppeted by their PCs.

It's also because Paizo has no concept of martial power level and what that should or should not entail. They've got casters running around as demigods, and treated as such in the fluff, but the average level you'd find "mighty Orc chieftain" or "Grand Admiral of the Navy" in other countries (level 8) is also the level of Pitax "elite soldiers" in the River Kingdoms.

It doesn't make sense, it just doesn't make sense.
>>
Hey /pfg/, I'm looking for some advice for the blaster arcane trickster build I'm trying to put together.
1) For my caster levels which of the following would be a better base: school savant (arcanist) or spellbinder (wizard). I'm building around the teleportation subschool.
2) I'm going to be using the evangelist trick to offset the slow BAB progression of the arcane trickster and I'm not sure which set of boons would end up being best. Right now I'm debating between Cayden Cailean (for the free flanking buddy) and Rovagug (for the increased save DCs and increased damage damage).
>>
>>46854276
>7th level
>high level

Pick one.
>>
>>46855401
A 7th level Druids is a terrifying one man army that can single handily destroy fortified castles.
>>
>>46854266
>>46855401
Isn't 7th level are already at "top of the country" or "Olympic athlete" kinda rare?
>>
Guis i never got feedback on the balance of this 'race'

Cause if i get it right then i'm gonna start working on the flavor.

Ability Score Racial Traits: +2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Int
Size: [] are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Base Speed: [] have a base speed of 30 feet.
Languages: [] begin play speaking Common and [racial language]. [] with high Intelligence scores can choose >insert languages here
Weaknesses:
Light Sensitivity: Members of this race are dazzled as long as they remain in an area of bright light.
Senses Racial Traits: Darkvision, 60ft
Movement Racial Traits:
Climber: Members of this race have a climb speed of 20 feet, and gain the +8 racial bonus on Climb checks that a climb speed normally grants.
Magic Racial Traits:
Pyromaniac: Members of this race are treated as +1 level higher when casting spells with the fire descriptor, using granted powers of the Fire domain, using bloodline powers of the fire elemental bloodline, using the revelations of the oracle's flame mystery, and determining the damage of alchemist bombs that deal fire damage. This trait does not give members of this race early access to level-based powers; it only affects powers that they could already use without this trait. If a member of this race has a Charisma score of 11 or higher, it also gains the following spell-like abilities (the caster level is equal to the user's character level):
1/day—dancing lights, flare, prestidigitation, produce flame
Other Racial Traits:
Multi-Armed: A [] has four arms, one hand is designated the main hand, another the off hand, and the other two arms function as Alchemist vestigial arms
>>
>>46855283
Um cayden? Unless the trst of your party also worships Rovagug you should never worship him bevause he wants to literally rape/destroy everything
>>
>>46855610
No. 7th level is "Napolean/Wellesley" kinda rare.
>>
>>46853401
there's a specific instance of hardcore pfs play where a person used a monsters limited wish to make a simulacrum from the summoner spell list. offical ruling is this is correct.
>>
>>46855685
>>46855610

EY YO HOL UP HOL UP.

YOU SAYING LEVEL 7 MARTIALS ARE SOME KINDA BADASS? LIKE THEY CAN BE KINGZ N' SHEEIIIT?

NAME A SINGLE MASTER SWORDSMAN NOTED FOR THEIR SKILL WITH A BLADE IN PATHFINDER.
>>
>>46856395

Valeros, who managed to avoid the fate of so many of his fellow iconics and have a build that's actually pretty decent within the limits of his class.
>>
>>46856489

>Valeros
>Being anything but a drunken jobber
>>
>>46856521

Compared to Paizo's other efforts, "drunken jobber" is a step up.
>>
>>46856542

Yeah but he's really nothing special by Paizo's standards.

He's just some dude with swords that can kinda swing them better than other people, and even then that's mostly because of his PC status.
>>
At least Hursk gives moral support. Everyone looks at him and says "At least I'm not that bad."
>>
>>46856578
>Everyone looks at him and says "At least I'm not that bad."

Except they don't because Hursk is competent by the internal logic of the setting? Mechanics don't mean shit when you've literally got criminal masterminds in PFS modules with Fighter 10 and Int 10, or how Seoni is supposedly the brains of the group yet has Intelligence 10.
>>
>>46856713

Yeah, well, Seoni's also a blaster who's not very good at blasting. Paizo has something of a problem when it comes to making characters who are good at the thing they're ostensibly good at.
>>
>>46857101
and classes
>>
>>46857213
They're not bad at 2/3rd casters
>>
>>46856395
Drizzt Do'Urden
>>
>>46857357
Drizzt is not Pathfinder and in fact predates 3.x entirely.
>>
>>46857400
Sarenrae
Iomedae
Ragathiel
>>
>>46857494
>literal gods

Well, duh.
>>
What are Kensai magus good at? Same with bladebound. What build would prompt me to pick either over the base magus?
>>
Is it just me or have I not seen Gareth, Elric or Forrest on here in a bit?

Well, hopefully the rest of you can help me answer a question I have.

"A warlord may attempt the actions of a gambit, but without declaring the attempt a gambit attempt by spending a swift action to do so, the character does not regain any maneuvers nor does he suffer a rake for failure"

What is the benefit of this? Do they get their CHA as a luck bonus without even spending the swift action?
>>
>>46857769
It's mostly just a safety-net that says "no, making this into one of your gambits does not mean you're forced to attempt it AS a gambit every time you would do it".
>>
>>46857903
Protection from stupid players and DM's alike.
>>
Can I use a Style feat and stay in a Stance at the same time?
>>
>>46857903
Oh, that seemed pretty obvious to me. It doesn't say you don't get the reward or the CHA bonus to the D20, but it seems a bit too good to get CHA as a bonus and temp hit points on every called shot, for example.

On a second note, for the unbreakable gambit, you would normally add your CHA to the saving throw, like any gambit, but to confirm, because of Force of Personality, you wouldn't to Will saves, because you're already adding your CHA.
>>
>>46857972
Yes, there's actually a feat that allows you to enter both with the same swift action.
>>
File: 477.gif (532 KB, 249x201) Image search: [Google]
477.gif
532 KB, 249x201
>game canceled for the fourth session in a row
WAKE ME UP
>>
>>46857979
Well, that depends. Are they differently-named bonuses? Are the two of them a Luck and Circumstance bonus? Or alternatively, do you "gain their CHA modifier as a Luck Bonus" and "add their CHA modifier as well as their WIS modifier to Will"? If it's worded like that, they both stack because the first is an outright bonus, while the second is just adding a second modifier.
>>
>>46857979
The CHA bonus from the gambit is a Luck bonus so it does stack.
>>
How does one make "troops"? It says component creatures so, if they're all dwarves do they get stone cunning or something? And all the special abilities...where do THEY come from?

Its like they're teasing me with the rules to make proper tight knit military formations but then yanking them away at the last minute and saying Fuck You!
>>
How can a dark tapestry oracle convince a cleric of Iomedae about his good intentions and the rightness of his mighty alien lords?
>>
>>46858117
>>46858144
Oh brilliant, I thought it was just 'from the same source', not the type of bonus.

Just to confirm with you, Elric. If you attempt a warlord's gambit without the swift action (so you don't get the maneuvers or a rake on failure), do you still get the CHA as a luck bonus or the reward?
I just don't see it saying you don't, where it clearly forbids the maneuvers/rake.
>>
File: ASoSpg122-123.png (1 MB, 1508x980) Image search: [Google]
ASoSpg122-123.png
1 MB, 1508x980
>>46858226
For race/class specific abilities, you're gonna have to do the work yourself, that's way too broad. Here's the general type rules, though.
>>
>>46858226
>And all the special abilities...where do THEY come from?
They're made up on a per-statblock basis, like literally any creature in the bestiary.
>>
>>46858266
Well oracles aren't clerics, they don't necessarily worship their masters, they're just granted powers by forces of nature. Who might be gods.

It's all a great big mystery, hurr.

Supposing you do worship, or follow the dark tapestry patrons, it depends on who those patrons are and their intentions.

See, even though Heaven despises the Infernal Forces of Hell, they admit that they can be reliable, at the very least.

Said cleric of Iomedae won't likely join you in worship anytime soon, without some serious work, but they might not kill you on sight if you're trustworthy (read: might cooperate), but they won't like it.
>>
>>46858269
The purpose of that text is to stupid proof it against people saying "wait, but does that mean I can't trip/charge/shoot into melee without spending a swift action?"

Because they did ask that.

Gambits are basically boosts. You only get the benefits, including the bonus to the rolls, if you spend a swift action to attempt the gambit. Otherwise it's just entirely normal.
>>
>>46858359
Gotcha, thanks. It seemed obvious that way that fluff wise it's just the warlord throwing themselves completely into it, and mechanics-wise it doesn't say you're suddenly restricted.
>>
>>46858286
>>46858330

Yeah i've got that bit of the rules. Guess i'll just have to wing it on the extra abilities. Was just hoping i'd missed something. Thanks
>>
>>46858349
Thanks, i just not want to be killed by him and his righteous hands, but he dislike my way of doing things my phantasmal killer and my transformations dont help to our friendship, but i suppose i can somehow show him how trustworthy i am.
>>
>>46858558
What's your alignment?

The easiest way is to make an agreement with LG types. No murdering innocents, no needless barbarism, etc; are general stipulations.

There's nothing inherently evil with your powers, it's how you use them that he should be concerned regarding.
For example: Chucaro is the CG Azata Empyreal Lord of Dreams, Hallucinations and Mists. Madness is one of her domains, making phantasmal killer one of her domain spells. (The ability to use Weird is her third boon)
>>
File: Link's Bizzare Adventure.jpg (52 KB, 250x316) Image search: [Google]
Link's Bizzare Adventure.jpg
52 KB, 250x316
>DM buddy and I are trying to get one of our friends into dungeons and dragons.
>Choose to start in pathfinder, as it is one of the easier RPGs to get into.
>I roll a pally (I love being and over-the-top pally)
>Newguy rolls a fighter for simplicity's sake.
>Other players arrive and we start, as it turns out we're all paladins...
>We just roll with it.
>DM has a dungeon set up with goblins and spiders, stuff lvl 1's can deal with.
>When we get to the end DM has a very young black dragon.
>We were only supposed to bring it to half HP and it would run.
>We all still had smite evil however, so it turned into a kinda evil fiesta.
>With a dragon pinata.
>needless to say newguy's next character was a paladin.
>>
>>46858998
Any more stories from the pally-party?
>>
>>46858998
Similar gods?

Also, just cast bestow grace on one another.
>>
>>46859127
>level 1 paladins
>casting
>>
>>46859127
It doesn't stack with divine grace, doofus.
>>
>>46859180
eventually
>>
>>46859200
One's a sacred bonus, the other is untyped. You just can't target yourself.
>>
>>46859233
Wait, holy fuck, you're actually right. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>46858766
Chaotic neutral, he is like some sort of Sparrow with less trust issues and more crazy plans and beliefs
>>
>>46847725
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mDWzu5yxLg

For when the all-gunslinger party arrives on the scene.
>>
File: ShamanKingTeam0.jpg (115 KB, 751x500) Image search: [Google]
ShamanKingTeam0.jpg
115 KB, 751x500
>all-Spiritualist party

Would you play it, /pfg/?
>>
What's the trait that lets you use disable device to disarm magical traps?
>>
>>46859659
To my knowledge, there isn't one. There are a few that give you a trait bonus to the roll/DD as a class skill, but trapfinding is the only thing that gives you that ability.

Your best bet is to get a scroll/wand or learn to cast Aram Zey's Focus.
>>
>>46859659

Trap Finder
Mummy's Mask Player's Guide
>>
>>46859699
Ho damn, colour me outdated. I had been relying on AZF. Course, it's a campaign trait, so my GM wouldn't have cleared it, but I thought they were keeping that part of the rogue's identity locked to just them.
>>
>>46859740
Every rogue trades that out for combat-useful features anyway.
>>
The host of heroes aegis can be customized to cast spells from the wizard, cleric and DSP psion lists, veilweave, use any martial discipline, use any mobility or sense ability and a variety of martial/skill character builds

How do I make this more goofy? I want a character that can do all of the things if just for a thought experiment if nothing else. Whats the soulknife archetype that lets you generate any weapon in the game, war soul?
>>
>>46859622
I'd call the campaign "Starstone Crusaders"
>>
>>46858286

>Thrune troops
>They're all white men

Kek.
>>
>>46860062
woah dude

are you talking about my favorite animeme JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?

dude, that's my favorite anim, ora ora xDDDDDDD
>>
MYTHIC PATH OF WAR WHEN?

I need my Mythic Ranks to mean something, especially Mythic PoW feats!
>>
>>46860100
mooba mooba mooba za wurado xDDD
>>
>>46860112
10 generals after the heat death of the universe.
>>
>>46860152

It's ORA ORA ORA you Baka gaijin! JoJo is the greatest anime to ever grace the Intertubes and I will BEAT UP anyone who suggests otherwise!
>>
>>46859622
Can I bring a Living Legend? They do Shaman King better anyway.

And Hao is a Summoner, because he cheats.
>>
Can Druids wear Living Steel armor? It is organic after all.
>>
>>46860112
>Wanting them to touch mythic when they could be spending time fixing Path of War 1

Steel Serpent and Broken Blade reworks when
>>
Is there a wand master feat that lets you treat the wand's caster level as your own if its higher? I swear I saw it somewhere.
>>
>>46860274
>Implying they're ever gonna errata PoW 1
>Implying they'd actually rework them without taking two years to do it
>>
>>46860322
Sounds like something from Eberron?
>>
>>46860274

DSP is going on the Paizo model, anon.

Keep pumping out content until you can't pump no more.
>>
>>46860358
They don't even seem to be pumping out content. Where's the next Patreon thing?
>>
>>46860351
Could have sworn I read it in Sphere's of Power
>>
>>46860264
I believe that's actually mentioned outright in the write-up for Living Steel; much like how Ironwood can be worn by druids, Living Steel can too.
>>
>>46860385
We're waiting on art orders.
>>
I want to build a character that 1hks things with damage. We start at level 10. What class Chassis do I put this on? what about stats and feats?
>>
>>46854279
Loo-chee-na...
>>
>>46860673
The write-up doesn't say anything about it, and Ironwood isn't actually a material, just a spell.
>>
>>46860735
Things will just get higher HP if you one-shot monsters.
>>
>>46860255
I'd say 'sure.'
>>
>>46860735
See disclaimer: we need to know what 3pp content is available.

Do you care about who the character is at all? Martial or caster?
>>
>>46860209
well
maybe five.
>>
>>46861207
Split the difference and call it 7?
>>
>>46860865
"If it's on the D20PFSRD, it's good." quoth the DM. So yes, free reign. Though we've got a gentleman's agreement to avoid the clearly badly designed OP stuff.

Not particularly. I just want to reliably be able to cause big numbers. That's my entire character concept. I do like martials but if building Megumin is significantly more effective then I will gladly explosion everything without looking back.
>>
>>46861447
Forgot to mention, but we're on 20pt buy.
>>
Do you make your NPC opponents have an 18 in their best stat, or is that reserved for equal-level rival party shit and villains (ie no one besides those should be as special as the party)?
>>
>>46861516
>NPCs with ability scores instead of just the stat blocks needed for their abilities
>>
>>46860758

How else are you supposed to pronounce it, lieu-see-nah?
>>
>>46861447
No mythic?

I'm currently playing a warlord 10/paladin 2/mythic champion 3 who can once a day guarantee 37d6+672. That involves a +10 weapon, but rest is normal Paizo with some path of war.

Even without mythic, it does pretty decent damage.
Essentially, take whatever you can to get big static bonuses. Power attack, prioritize enhancement bonus weapons, radiant charge, smite evil, primal fury (momentum crush, crash and blade of fury boosts; warlord's duel boost), etc. Get as many of these as you can, get divine fighting technique: greatsword battler, vital strike.

Take a cyclops helm, a corset of perfect movement (sp?) and get a scroll of bless weapon.

With a turn of set up (to smite), you should be able to guarantee a crit (use cyclops helm to roll a 20, bless weapon auto confirms crits), and all those flat numbers are multiplied on crit. If you can get mythic vital strike, they're also doubled, tripled or quadrupled before being doubled on the crit, with mythic improved crit, they're tripled on the crit for a total of 12x the damage late game.

Easy 1k damage at that point. With greater called shot, you can stack on any called shot you want, should easily get devastating save or dies.
>>
>>46861516
Only special people don't have the elite array, even though as someone who often builds for playing it feels "wrong" to build certain classes with like a +2 modifier (or +3 if the race happens to be synergistic or lets you pick its +) in their main attribute. As DMs we just have to get over it, the players aren't meant to fight their actual equals in most normal encounters.
>>
>>46861516
If I actually make a statblock myself, NPCs are generally 20 or 25 point-buy, but they tend to have fairly balanced spread unless having a weak stat is part of their characterization, so rarely any 18s before racials.
>>
>>46861538
It's relevant when stat drain is used on them.
>>
>>46861708
Corset of Delicate Moves, sorry.
>>
>>46861708
>>46861474

Oh, forgot. You can also look into using a mounted character with a lance/spirited charge if that's an option.

It wasn't for me because we're in an underground dungeon and I'm not bringing an animal into that, but extra triple damage on charge is pretty good.

Also, you'll want to be in Primal Warrior stance for all that.
>>
>>46861516
My (inherited) players made their awful characters with 4d6b3 so anything above 18pb is like rubbing it in unnecessarily.
>>
>>46861708
Uhh... yeah, that's definitely explosions. What's this "Decent damage" you normally hit for, because I'm halfway expecting you to say it's only 600 or so. I almost feel bad even thinking about bringing this into a game. Almost. As comical as those massive spikes are, I do still need to mulch things reliably. So how is your sustain?
>>
>>46862065
It depends on your loadout. I would need to look into how spirited charge/lances interact with flat damage boosts, as I haven't calculated how non-mythic works.

Around level 12, the allout charge without mythic, it'd be like 12d6 weapon damage (4d6 greatsword with primal warrior), radiant charge (mine is 11d6, varies depending on your cha), 10d6 dizzying blow.

The flat damage is strength x 1.5, mine is 12. Power attack would be around +12. Duelboost blade of fury, momentum crush is 44. Smite is like +7 (doubled against fiends/undead. I only have two levels of pally, but I use gauntlets of the avenging knight for +5).

So 33d6 + 75. On a crit, you're looking at 37d6+150. So averaging 280 damage. You can still stack on that Greater Called Shot save or die with the heart strike or head blow.

Damage diminishes pretty harshly outside of charges, you're mostly relying on your strikes or vital strikes there. I take the Escape Route feat with Warlord so I can back up without AOOs to rest for another charge.

Again, higher with spirited charge/lances, I'm just unsure of how that interacts with vital strikes/flat damage/crits yet.
>>
>>46862299
*reset for another charge

Without charge combat:
Strike damage would be around: 16d6 + 24 (but with extra utility)
Vital strike damage would be around: 12d6 + 36 (this goes up with greater vital strike later).
>>
>>46859074
nah, like I said it was a one-off. We used new characters in the next campaign. (and we would've re-rolled if it was for the long haul)
>>46859127
Yeah, we were just lvl 1, we still killed it in two turns when it was meant to run away. (DM thought it would be too hard for us to kill at all)
>>
File: 1444004950471.jpg (102 KB, 942x1080) Image search: [Google]
1444004950471.jpg
102 KB, 942x1080
What do you do when you have a player who cannot multiply a single-digit number by 1.5? Am I supposed to help them every single time?
>>
>>46856395
Living or dead?

Living, out of the ones specifically called out for skill with a sword, would be a 12th level duelist down in the Shackles, I forget her name.

Dead, you're looking at Sirian Aldori, about 16th level or so I think.
>>
File: 1417326468904.jpg (103 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
1417326468904.jpg
103 KB, 620x465
>>46862065
Having done some research, spirited charge is worthwhile, but lances are not. Greatsword battler is so key it can't be swapped out, but it'll essentially make every blow equivalent to the crit charge, and the crit charge itself will move up to x3 instead of x2.

I know where you're coming from about feeling bad bringing this in. I only created this going into Rappan Athuk under assurances any level of cheese is acceptable.

That said, it's the best martial nuclear option I've come up with yet.

Best of luck, friend.
>>
File: Mair-knights1[1].jpg (111 KB, 400x290) Image search: [Google]
Mair-knights1[1].jpg
111 KB, 400x290
What's a good Paizo Order for a medium sized Cavalier that's aiming for 1v1 duels ?

I heard that the Order of the Flame is good for challenges but after closer inspection it's a bit opposite of that - go into a mob, challenge the weakest guy, use a great sword and power attack him to death fast, then challenge the next weakest guy and work your way up to the boss with the biggest damage buff you can get while your party fights their own guys. I guess this could be cool if the DM put multiple enemy "officers" in the room and you went between them as sort of a slayer of champions but I'm looking for something that goes for the toughest guy from the start and gets as many bonuses for 1v1 as he can from the start.
>>
>>46863374
Order of the Warrior is pretty cool, if your GM is willing to rework the second ability slightly.
>>
>>46863124
Tell them to use a calculator.
>>
File: PF Zyphus.jpg (86 KB, 609x1452) Image search: [Google]
PF Zyphus.jpg
86 KB, 609x1452
>>46854390
Because there are superior deities to ones without heads?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.