[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sss/ - Super Stand Sunday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: super stand sunday.jpg (357 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
super stand sunday.jpg
357 KB, 1200x900
Just Passed Midnight So I'll Get The Thread In Early To Avoid Last Week's Shocking Lateness edition
Let's see what sorta Stands we can come up with, and rate those of others.

For a quick Stand, use the following method-
>http://music.wikia.com/wiki/Music_Wiki
Hit random for the name.
>http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki
Same deal for the powers.
OR just use
>http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~dft29/Stand_Generator/Stand-Generation-Overdrive.html

Then, write it up

>http://jjba.wikia.com/wiki/Stand
Everything you ever wanted to know about Stands, but were too afraid to ask.
>>
File: SSS PDF 1.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
SSS PDF 1.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>HOW DO I INTO JOJO /TG/? (In no particular order)
>Mutants & Masterminds
>Marvel Heroic
>FATE (Next post has a hack)
>Savage Worlds
>Monsters and Other Childish Things
>Don't Rest Your Head
>Shadowrun (Adept or Mystic Adept with a Geas of POSING)
>Wild Talents (WIP houserules here: http://pastebin.com/bQqAMV5k)
>Monsters and other Childish Things
>Attached file

Next post will feature the question of the thread.
>>
File: SSS PDF 2.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
SSS PDF 2.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Question of the Thread: What new supernatural elements (e.g. vampires, Hamon, Pillar Men, Stands, the Arrow, Stand disks, Spin, Wall Eyes), if any, have you introduced in your campaigns?

Now for some misc links:
>Fan Parts (Also editable)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C5o0VJW_kHTvTuOu8vxpF_mF5zoZ1lwYuBFJ5eQKzis/edit
>Note: Rebuilding/adding info as we find it in the archives.

>d100 System (Editable copy)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V5mZwgz_Y0L-eoFsZwiPab53vpXQHNSfMY-wjDImPYA/edit
>>
File: semicharmedlife.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
semicharmedlife.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
>「Third Eye Blind」
>When not in use, this Stand appears as a tattoo of an eye on the user's forehead. When its power is activated, the tattoo fades and is covered up by a tattooed cross.
>「Third Eye Blind」's power, as its name suggests, allows the user to "close their third eye", shutting off the ability to see Stands. In exchange for this, the user will no longer be affected by Stands - physical attacks will bounce off them harmlessly, they'll push Stands that attempt to touch them out of the way without even feeling them, and Stand abilities will fail to affect them.
>The biggest downside to this ability is that the user can still be affected by other physical objects affected by others' Stands - for instance, if a Stand picked up a rock and threw it at Third Eye Blind's user, it would hit them just as it would a normal person.

>Power - E
>Speed - E
>Range - E
>Durability - C
>Precision - E
>Potential - D

Some examples of how Stands would affect the user:
>Star Platinum wouldn't be able to hit the user, and they'd keep moving through Star Platinum's The World just as Jotaro does. However, as said above, it could just drop a road roller on TEB's user and they couldn't do shit about it.
>Heirophant Green's Emerald Splash would fizzle out against the user. If Heirophant Green attempted to tie Third Eye Blind's user up with its body, it would be pushed out of the way whenever the user tried to move.
>The Fool, to contrast, would be entirely able to affect TEB's user, since it forms a body out of physical material.
>Set wouldn't do anything to TEB's user; they'd just ignore its effect.
>Khnum, as it alters Oingo's face rather than affecting others, would not be ignored by TEB's user; they would see it the same way others would.
>>
>>46717291
>Super Stand Sunday
>Just Passed Midnight

Get on the right time zone, yuros.
>>
File: img000001 (1).png (5 MB, 1560x1200) Image search: [Google]
img000001 (1).png
5 MB, 1560x1200
『HOW I COULD JUST KILL A MAN』This stand allows the user to exude and project their killing intent against their targets to an extreme degree. Targets of this stand may be so frightened by the feeling of impending death that they hallucinate their demise or become paralysed with fear. This stand can target an unlimited amount of people.

Power: N/A Speed: N/A Range: A Precision: N/A Durability: N/A Learning: A
>>
>>46717694
Seems like a shit stand to be honest
>>
>tfw Super stand sunday is dead as fuck
>>
File: 685.jpg (72 KB, 500x721) Image search: [Google]
685.jpg
72 KB, 500x721
>tfw you want to contribute to Super Stand Sunday but don't know how or what to discuss.
>>
>>46721463
create a stand with the links on the OP
>>
File: bbd.jpg (76 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
bbd.jpg
76 KB, 640x425
>>46721827
I meant besides making stands. hmmm I suppose I could work on some adventure/scenario ideas and we can flesh them out.
>>
Reposting Stands I made last thread, but didn't get any feedback on.

『Vanilla Queen』 can make anything incredibly slick, causing them to become slippery and impossible to grip for anyone except the Stand. Objects made 'slick' by Vanilla Queen slide around when pushed as if they lacked any sort of friction.

『Boney M』 is an Automatic Stand that can bite any creature and turn them into another copy of itself. Basically a zombie Stand. They can follow any simple orders that their Stand User gives them, and will turn back to normal when the Stand User is defeated.

『Back In Black』 is a punchghost that can take objects and store them in its built-in pocket dimension. 『Back In Black』's secondary power allows it to steal the kinetic energy of an object thrown at it and transfer that energy into an object it is currently storing.

>>46717318
For the game I plan on running, the players will discover mysterious pink pills that can grant temporary Stands to anybody who takes them. Stands gained this way are often 'incomplete', and can have deadly consequences to their use. Examples include a deranged Automatic Stand that puts its Stand User in constant peril and a Suit Stand that doesn't completely protect the Stand User's body form harm. If the Stand you get doesn't kill you, the pills will - long term use of Stand Pills will cause permanent damage to your internal organs.
>>
>>46720248
>tfw your stand doesnt get any feedback
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4taIpALfAo
Delta Heavy needs some love.
>>
>>46717318
While the players haven't figured out what it is yet, my game features strange stones that change the user into a lizard-like abomination upon death.
>>46717694
Could be an interesting ability, but the power itself is kind of shit.
>>46720248
You need to flesh it out more, since as is with those stats I'm just seeing a pretty boring Stand that is just a very intimidating presence.
>>
>>46720270
>>46726788
Yeah, it'd have to be in the hands of someone who could make good use of it and take out the enemy stand users on their own. (A martial artist, I guess?) It'd also pretty much rely on the element of surprise from "our stands don't work" and would only work until somebody realises they can just chuck a boulder at the user.
>>
>>46722797
>『Boney M』 is an Automatic Stand that can bite any creature and turn them into another copy of itself. Basically a zombie Stand. They can follow any simple orders that their Stand User gives them, and will turn back to normal when the Stand User is defeated.
Define "defeated" in this context. Knocked unconscious?
>>
>>46717318

Anon from the previous thread with the nWoD game. So far I've helped create the main villain and 3 secondary antagonists. We're using stands, vampires, ghosts, stand arrow (shards), and just maybe stand discs. I'll post the stands in response to this post.
>>
>>46726788
>my game features strange stones that change the user into a lizard-like abomination upon death
>Scary Monsters: the artifact
>>
File: Bullshit.jpg (101 KB, 500x489) Image search: [Google]
Bullshit.jpg
101 KB, 500x489
>>46727066
>It has scales
>Its Scary Monsters!
>>
File: 116_HorrorofHorrors.jpg (130 KB, 561x450) Image search: [Google]
116_HorrorofHorrors.jpg
130 KB, 561x450
>>46727019

Renamed the main BBEG to add more plot.

Johnny "Jagger" Partridge-: CEO of Dreams Corporation.

Johnny is a suave 30-year old man who too over the Partridge Family Conglomerate when both his parents started having bouts of dementia and reinvented it's main face into the Dreams Corporation. While he wines and dines the people, his machinations for power slowly brings the city into the precipice of disaster.

Stand: 『Dehumanizer』

>Power - C
>Speed - C
>Range - A
>Durability - C
>Precision - A
>Potential - C

Dehumanizer takes the form of a HR Geiger inspired humanoid with several eyes appearing sporadically on it's body that eerily track it's target and a grotesque mouth that whispers madness from it's neck.

『Dehumanizer』 is a long range stand with three abilities that makes it a foe to fear.

It's main ability is 『Masters of Insanity』, an ability that allows it to prey on the weaknesses of others by whispering secrets and other befouling words into the ears of it's victim. The more the victim believes and listens to these whispers, the more pliant their mind becomes to suggestion until they become affected by it's second ability 『Nightmare Tears』.

『Nightmare Tears』 allows it to cause the victim to suffer some form of mental illness ranging from schizophrenia, depression, dementia, suicidal thoughts, etc. As they start to lose their minds and fall into the abyss of insanity, it's final ability 『Caught In His Spell』 activates.

『Caught In His Spell』 allows Dehumanizer complete control over your soul. It can now rewrite and control you in any way it sees fit. Stand users caught under this ability are helpless just as everyone else and their stands will be under the control of Dehumanizer as well. This power is permanent until it's user Johnny is killed.
>>
File: 1417230025125.png (161 KB, 500x433) Image search: [Google]
1417230025125.png
161 KB, 500x433
>>46717291
Heres a challenge to /sss/. Make a Stand inspired by Zeno's Paradox

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeno%27s_paradoxes
>>
>>46727526
Forgot to add, specifically the Dichotomy Paradox e.g. You need to walk 5 feet. If you walk 2.5 feet you are half way there, and then 1.25 feet, and then .625 feet. Basically halving the distance with every half distance trodden, making it an infinite cycle - yet you can always reach 5 feet and go over it - in a way, breaking infinity.
>>
>>46726788
Well you see the user can paralyse the enemy with fear making them vulnerable to attacks. And they can also scare them so much they commit suicide or flee or hallucinate theyre own deaths. I dont think thats boring.
>>
>>46728129
The Stand does the same thing someone that is menacing could do and doesn't even have a design. If you want people to think its cool, make it less bland.
>>
>>46728129
That really relies on 'mental effects'. The best Stands are those that have 'physical' effects.

This Stand just seems like "I don't know how to be scary, so I will just make a Stand that will do the work for me." and has a very boring effect. It has no real interesting interaction of any sort, it is just generally 'scary' for no other reason than to be scary.
>>
>>46728153
>>46728161
I see. I'll try reworking it then
>>
File: fuckingwhytumblr.png (604 KB, 494x689) Image search: [Google]
fuckingwhytumblr.png
604 KB, 494x689
>>46728285
Perhaps try to consider a scary effect instead of the effect being scary.
>>
>>46728526
I actually like the colors. Other than that, why did they make him black?
>>
>>46726975
Not poster, but it could also be an Osiris/Atum type deal. Could be quite a nuisance of a stand if the user refuses to admit defeat.
>>
Goddamn, /tg/, how the fuck are you meant to come up with a decent time-based power for a main villain that's OP but still beatable? I'm trying to work out a "one second out of sync"-style power (name:「Running in the 90's」?) but I can't think of a way to make it workable for an enjoyable plot.
>>
File: SantanaAnime.png (343 KB, 499x720) Image search: [Google]
SantanaAnime.png
343 KB, 499x720
So I'm thinking of running a Jojo game, already have an amazing villain for it. It's going to be Santana who managed to get a Stand that let him escape the Speedwagon Foundation and is now traveling across America. The group are a bunch of youngsters that have to find and stop him. Probably going to set it in the year 2000.

Now I just need to find the best system to do this. What do you guys recommend?
>>
>>46731023
I would go for a version of the d100 system, but the opening post has a few options of what you might like.
>>
>>46717318
Once I ran a One Piece inspired campaign where the devil fruits could give stands. Also had runes that let people see ghosts, and one player discovered that stands and ghosts were on the same frequency, so to speak.

>>46717694
Third Eye Blind sounds like it could make for a fun JoJo stand in another SoL part where the protagonist wants nothing to do with Stands, but still falls victim to the phenomenon of Stand users being attracted to each other.

Out of curiosity, would Purple Hermit be unable to make spirit photography of TEB's user?

>>46720248
>A stand that's nothing but constant will checks every round
It probably wouldn't work against any main villain or JoJo, barring maybe Early Johnny.

>>46722797
>Vanilla Queen
I agree that Soft & Wet had a cool opening, but without any info on its user its Part 3 levels of bland.

>Boney M
10/10 midboss villain stand. I can imagine him in a murder mystery arc where everyone except the JoJo is suddenly acting out, due to Boney M, and distracting everyone away from the big bad.

What's its range? How far away can it control people?

>Back in Black
This stand confuses me. How does it store things? How can it take energy? Can it only store one object? Can it release the object and energy separately? Is it's user a kleptomaniac? Can its user forget what is stored away, or is he always able to "sense" what's in BiB?

>>46727340
Jesus Christ how horrifying. Its like Lovecraftian brain cancer. I can actually imagine Jagger being a major antagonist in an Unknown Armies game.

>>46727526
>>46727543
Green Baby if it grew up?

>>46731023
>Santana with a stand
[Desire to know more intensifies]
>>
I've been putting this together for the Goodbye Moonmen campaign, and I'm curious what everyone thinks.

『Mister Sunshine』
A humanoid Stand with insect-like compound eyes, 『Mister Sunshine』's defining feature is the two halves of a disco ball it wears on each shoulder. It removes these and puts them together when it uses it's power.
『Mister Sunshine』's power is 『Guiding Lights』. 『Mister Sunshine』 is capable of generating a full spectrum of light waves, varying from ultraviolet to more standard light. While within the Range of the Stand, 『Mister Sunshine』 can manipulate the light it generates so precisely that it can manipulate the mood of anyone watching, even going so far as to put them into a trance-like state. When used offensively, 『Mister Sunshine』 takes time to "charge up" enough light to do so but is capable of unleashing focused blasts of light to melt enemies.

POWER: B
SPEED: D
RANGE: C
DURABILITY: D
PRECISION: A
LEARNING: D
>>
>>46731482
>[Desire to know more intensifies]
Can't really tell you much cause the players might be browsing in here but his Stand's name is 『Evil Ways』

Oh and Joseph is the last Ripple user left, so that's gonna be a problem for them.
>>
>>46731513
That sounds fun, honestly. Could it bend the lights to be used as a projector? Or maybe a beacon for seeing through a thick fog?

>>46731529
Darn. Though a man that doesn't practice being the last ripple user sounds like a boon for Santana.
>>
Anyone else find it hard to think of really off the wall ideas for stand abilities?
>>
>>46732223
You just gotta get really really "out there" man. I had an idea for a stand that had sex with other stands but it was unambiguously negatively recieves.
>>
>>46732223

It's a pretty big struggle. I usually just look around for a random object, and go from there.

Anyways, could I get some critique for the stand of the BBEG in my campaign? I don't know if it's too OP or not.

「Control Freak」 is the Stand of the leader of Strike Team Seven, a government-sanctioned team of Stand users that track down and arrest any sort of criminals that are suspected or known Stand users. It manifests itself as a burning halo above the head of its user, reflecting his fairly fanatical attitude towards justice. 「Control Freak」is a stand that is extremely limited in range, but literally infinite in possibilities. It gives the user complete and control over everything within a single foot of him. He can make anything appear, disappear, stop bullets in their tracks, regenerate limbs instantly, completely erase an enemy from existence, instantly make a black hole centered around him. It'd be the perfect Stand were it not for the range.

Power: A
Speed: A
Range: E
Durability: E
Precision: A
Learning: E
>>
>>46731482
>One piece campaign
Could you tell us more?
>>
>>46726975
When I originally thought of it, I did mean that you had to knock out the Stand User to beat him. However, I'm starting to fall in love with the idea that you need to beat the Stand User (a freaky voodoo priest named Rob Zombie) in a game of chance in order to rescue the bodies he's stolen with Boney M.

>>46731482
I'm taking suggestions on how to make Vanilla Queen less generic.

Boney M is Automatic, meaning it has effectively infinite range. However, Boney M zombies need to be able to hear the Stand User's commands in order to take actions. Otherwise, they go into a state of dormancy.

I forgot to mention a few things about Back in Black, so your confusion is justified. BiB's chest has a door on it, from which it can pull an undefined amount of things into and out of its body. BiB only needs to catch an incoming missile with its body in order to transfer the kinetic energy into a different object inside itself. The Stand User needs to keep a list of what they are holding in their Stand, as peeking inside only shows a black void.
>>
>>46732568
It sounds pretty OP, possibly game breaking
>>
>>46732935
Kinda the point. My players are pretty notorious for being able to kill off villains early with lucky rolls. If they do kill this guy off, it's gonna have to be something that either he can't see coming, instant, or both.
>>
>>46733006
Well,you asked. Also seems pretty...Uninspired, I guess? I dont mean it in the insulting way it probably seems, but its pretty much just omnipotence, and thats not very interesting or creative for a stand.
>>
>>46731482
>Out of curiosity, would Purple Hermit be unable to make spirit photography of TEB's user?
Ooh, interesting question. I'd say that while the Stand's active, it wouldn't be able to directly take photos of them, but if there was something else around for Purple Hermit to "lock onto", they might show up in the photos from that if they were in the frame.
>>
>>46732568
Is it a 1ft cone, or a 1ft bubble around him? If its a cone it may risk being underpowered for a BBEG, but if its a bubble then it depends of how good he is at multitasking.

>>46732632
Certainly!

My players are crew mates under Captain Grogbeard (an intentionally cheesy Jack Sparrow ripoff) and are apart of a game between him and his wife (A witch who took over for him as an Admiral when he left the global navy) to see if one's gonna kill the other or go back into his/her arms.

Currently two pcs have eaten Devil Fruit. One got the stand [Blackjack Slim], which is a punch ghost that can eject blades from tattoos on its body, and the other (Our navigator) got the ability to astral project onto any point on his maps. One other player is apart of a side quest to collect a suit of armor based on the invincible bracers (I think they were called Tenkkou?) in Rurouni Kenshin, while everyone else is chasing down knowledge on runes.

One of my players also discovered that Cubism is a legit gun cult in the setting and is planning a pilgrimage, another is planning to abandon ship and train with dwarves to be a master smith, and the rest are split 50/50 between Grogbeard's and his wife's ship.

>>46732919
>Vanilla Queen
Honestly application of power is the easiest way. Sticky Fingers is similarly bland, but Bruno a clever fuck about it. Other than that I'd say maybe play around with how its slippery can effect normally immobile objects.

> Boney M
Do auto stands have infinite range by default? If so my apologies for the stupid question.

BiB reminds me of the merchant robes of my pirate campaign, which function similarly. Can the user eject objects he doesn't know about? What would happen to BiB's contents if the user dies?

>>46733442
So it'd be like a Dio's Mansion situation then?
>>
File: jojo cruise laugh.png (178 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
jojo cruise laugh.png
178 KB, 500x281
>>46732919
>(a freaky voodoo priest named Rob Zombie)
10/10.
>>
>>46733539
>Do auto stands have infinite range by default?
I mean, the point of auto stands is that they're pretty much independent of the user, so yeah, unless specified otherwise.
>>
>>46733539
>Honestly application of power is the easiest way. Sticky Fingers is similarly bland, but Bruno a clever fuck about it.
Oh, that's what you meant. I thought you meant that the power itself is bland. Yeah, I agree that the application of a Stand's powers make the Stand just as much as the powers themselves do.

>Other than that I'd say maybe play around with how its slippery can effect normally immobile objects.
Vanilla Queen needs to touch an object to remove its friction. This touch can either leave it still (as Vanilla Queen can remove the friction of an object without upsetting it) or cause it to slide across the surface it was initially placed on, depending on what the Stand User wants to do with it. Newton's Laws and all that shit.

>Do auto stands have infinite range by default? If so my apologies for the stupid question.
From what I recall, yes. They have infinite range unless otherwise stated.

>BiB reminds me of the merchant robes of my pirate campaign, which function similarly. Can the user eject objects he doesn't know about? What would happen to BiB's contents if the user dies?
The Stand User of BiB can have their Stand eject everything out at once in order to get stock of what is in it. If the Stand User dies, those objects are lost forever in a dimension of darkness.
>>
File: JJBAHRP - Draft 0.0.8b.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
JJBAHRP - Draft 0.0.8b.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Draft 0.0.8b of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Heroic Roleplaying.

I've decided to move on to a monthly update schedule, to give myself some breathing room and make the drafts generally more easy to access. Backers of my patreon, linked in the document, get access to drafts early as well as potentially previews of material.
>>
>>46734970
>linked in the document
Where? I can't find it.
>>
>>46735064
It looks like it's in the next draft and I goofed it up this time. Woops.

Here it is: https://www.patreon.com/TombOfNyarlathotep
>>
File: closing time.png (3 MB, 4000x4000) Image search: [Google]
closing time.png
3 MB, 4000x4000
『CLOSING TIME』

>Power: C
>Speed: B
>Range: D
>Durability: C
>Precision: A
>Potential: B

A small blue and copper stand with no legs and a long snake-like body made of cords and wires. Along its back is several ratchet straps that hook into walls and ceilings.

Closing Time has the ability to completely shut off a room. Nothing in the room can leave or enter, including sound. All exits become locked off and the room itself becomes unable to be destroyed, both wholly and partially. Sound from outside cannot reach past the walls and sound from the inside cannot reach outside. The stand user must be in the room as well in order to lock it down.
>>
>>46735312
Is that a Tom Waits reference?

And could 『CLOSING TIME』 be penetrated by『Big Time Operator』 ?
>>
>>46735365
Nothing as fancy as Tom Waits, it's the one by Semisonic.

I dunno, I didn't think that far. Really I just guess if 『Big Time Operator』 had a better Power stat than 『CLOSING TIME』's Durability then it would.
>>
>>46735312
I love it, but how do you define a "room"? Could they seal off a room with no doors in the doorways?
>>
>>46735736
They could, but it'd be really obvious that something was preventing movement between the two places. The definition of "room" is what makes the stand work. It just depends on who's in control of it.
>>
Anon who posted Johnny "Jagger" Partridge. Might change Johnny to Damien to make him more intimidating and not confused with JoJo Johnny.

I've made two stands for our nWoD Stand Campaign that started as joke characters that might be recurring unless the party kills them or convinces them to become allies.

The Otaku Bros

Based of this song I heard on Pandora

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sck8xwKCiio

Otaku Bro #1

Otaku Bro#1 always appears with his stand on which obscures his face and identity. He is constantly droning on about justice and can be caught monologing about never losing hope or angsting about his hero duties. He seems to believe he is some form of hero from one of his TV shows and always introduces himself as Stormrider or Kamen Rider Storm.

Stand: 『Riders on the Storm』

Power - A
Speed - B
Range - D
Durability - A
Precision - B
Potential - C

『Riders on the Storm』 takes the form of a superhero suit with helmet that has a lightning bolt motif and has a belt that looks like a tesla generator. It provides damage protection similar to bulletproof armor and crackles with electrical energy. Otaku Bro#1 normally calls out his attacks such as "Storming Punch" or "Booming Kick" which are just his punches and kicks flourished with acrobatics and electrical energy.

The second ability of 『Riders on the Storm』 is 『An Actor Out on Loan』 which creates a second belt that he can give to someone that has the same powers as 『Riders on the Storm』. He only uses this power whenever his little brother is in trouble to allow Otaku Bro#2 to defend themselves.
>>
>>46735959
>He seems to believe he is some form of hero from one of his TV shows and always introduces himself as Stormrider or Kamen Rider Storm.
Don't mention Kamen Rider outright, it'll break immersion.
>>
Hey posers!

I remember some folks in last week's thread considering mixing up some of the mechanics of the d100 system. I'm curious if whether or not they've been playtested, because turning it from a single target-number system to a number-of-successes system sounds interesting. Also, the fact that a higher urgency actually means that something of a larger number has to be achieved.
>>
>>46736520
I will be running a session using a different rule set from the current d100 one and post it here once its fully written out. Though it will probably be next thread.
>>
>>46735959

Otaku Bro#2

Otaku Bro#2 is rarely seen and could easily be mistaken for a civilian but his stand is what is normally causing havoc and dealt with. This stand will normally appear when Otaku Bro#1 is in danger as support.

Stand: 『Mighty Micro People』

>Power: B
>Speed: B
>Range: A
>Precision: C
>Potential: A

『Mighty Micro People』 is a unique swarm type stand that has six people dressed like color coded superheroes working together as a team with the ability to shrink down to the size of an average action hero figurine but retain their attack power and maneuverability. Surprisingly each person has a personality that coincides with their color. It seems that the Red one is their leader and they always open with this presentation before battling

Mighty Micro Red: Haha! Mighty Micro Rangers Unite!

Mighty Micro Blue: Cool and swift as the ocean tide! Micro Blue!

Mighty Micro Yellow: Shining like the morning sun. Mighty Micro Yellow!

Mighty Micro Pink: Bursting with the power of heart! Mighty Micro Pink!

Mighty Micro Black: Mysterious as the midnight hour! Mighty Micro Black!

Mighty Micro Green: Strong like the majestic oak! Mighty Micro Green!

Mighty Micro Red: Burning like the flames of justice! Mighty Micro Red!

All Together: Maikuro Sentai: Mightyrangers!

They seem to have above-average power and speed but tend to get into each others way sometimes and/or underestimate their opponents. When nearing defeat they will retreat with a blinding flash obscuring their escape.
>>
File: It's Always Golden in Morioh.jpg (77 KB, 497x569) Image search: [Google]
It's Always Golden in Morioh.jpg
77 KB, 497x569
>>46736606
Can't wait to hear it. I eventually want to make a proper doc for the d100 system, but I want to make sure that we can all (or at least mostly) agree on what the ruleset should be.
>>
>>46736379

He's based off the old Showa who refrenced themselves as Kamen Riders though he'll probably reference himself as Stormrider. I had planned to have him be a recurring character who helps/hinders the party depending on his actions. If he powers up it will probably give him an evolved form and bike and he'll call himself Stormrider RX.

Funniest thing is that the joke is that everyone else thinks their stands are weird magical shit and here comes these two goofballs to keep them guessing sort of like how Bohemian Rhapsody had Raoh and Kenshiro duke it out in Tokyo. The game is set for tomorrow and I'll post a green of it. It will probably be introductions to the characters meeting with a little exposition on Johnny "Jagger" Partridge.
>>
>>46735959
I feel like this is the kind of Stand someone makes when they don't want to acutally play a JoJo campaign. At this point you might as well just be playing a sentai/whatever game instead as this has no real interesting interactions. Its very straight forward and frankly, bland.
>>
>>46737086

It's a joke stand overall. It probably won't see real play but is an option for one of those kooky experiences as a side story. The other villains are the main threat really.
>>
>>46735312
I like the name for it, but such a stand can backfire horribly. Also, what if the room is larger than its range?

>>46735959
RHCP meets White Album and becomes Viewtiful?

>>46736626
And his backup is the Wonderful 101?

Its beautiful, but only because of how cheesy it is. Makes me wonder how JoJo sentai (I think that's the term I'm looking for?) would work.

>>46737086
I personally disagree, it seems to be a good middle ground between Part 2's Hamon silliness and the iconic stand action of the series.
>>
How exactly would you classify a stand with a cartoon type power?
>>
>>46738145
Elaborate
>>
>>46737866
Damage reduction and punches don't mingle well with part 4 onward Stand fights. It is a boring, straight forward effect that has no interesting interactions with Stands.

Hamon was interesting not because it let you punch better, but because it had interesting properties such as the hair or noodle trick. Most of part 2's 'silliness' comes from Joseph's non-hamon tricks like the grenade-scarf or the lattice of wool to beat ACDC.
>>
>>46738160
Well I'm thinking of making a stand that's essentially a portable-hole/hammer-space with a little bit of work...
>>
>>46737866
>Also, what if the room is larger than its range?
That's what the ratchet straps are for.
>>
>>46738353
But I am wondering if that's either too childish or not JJBA material.
>>
>>46738353
>>46738428
Hammerspace can easily be adapted into a workable, interesting Stand ability. Possibly something that acts like a Bag of Holding, but maybe it can only hold one object. But to balance it out, it can catch any object no matter the velocity. So catching a bullet and then unleashing it at a critical moment or something might be interesting.
>>
>>46738183
And Sex Pistols were absolutely useless in a stand fight cause they're incapable of interacting with other stands in any meaningful manner. Despite this, Mista seemed to be the dedicated assassin of Bruno's group if memory serves right. Similarly, Otaku Bro 1 could be focused more on drawing the enemy's attention while #2 overwhelms the distracted opponent.

I disagree on the source of BT's silliness. I firmly believe it lies in Joseph's boisterous nature and his ability to backup his rampant ego with cheap tricks. "Stormrider" could very well do the same if he's creative enough with his bro or electricity.

>>46738353
That is indeed a conundrum. Maybe have it be similar to a rug until placed down and classify it as an item stand?
>>
File: Enigma Boy.jpg (684 KB, 1280x985) Image search: [Google]
Enigma Boy.jpg
684 KB, 1280x985
>>46738651
>>46738524
Could always make it a lot weirder.
>>
File: -Banach-Tarski Paradox.png (199 KB, 1280x288) Image search: [Google]
-Banach-Tarski Paradox.png
199 KB, 1280x288
>>46727526
>>46727543
What other paradoxes out there would make for a great stand?
>>
>>46739298
Ive been thinking of stands that function kind of like game programming errors.
Think of a stand that say, causes rampant clipping, or enables Noclip-ing through things.
Lag Spikes, buffering, etc, things like that.
>>
>>46739621
Theres already posing in jojo.
Now theres T-posing as well.
>>
>>46739621
There was some talk about a lag switch stand last thread, but I dunno if these get archived.

A stand that 404s an area around it would be fun though.
>>
Speaking of which the main villains that will appear in the game next week is Kool Moe Dee and his Canned Heat with the possibility of Carol Ciccone and her Dissolved Girl.

Kool Moe Dee was an unstable ganger who's obsession with explosions led to him starting a gang war between his group and the local chapter of the Aryan Brotherhood. During the confusion he delighted himself with creating car bombs and other IEDs and watching friend and foe alike be blown apart. After his gang realized his destructive behavior, they hung him out to dry and let the cops take him in while they let the heat die down. While incarcerated an arrow shard was found by a skinhead and he sharpened it into a shiv. When he was being transferred to his cell, he was shanked by the skinhead and the shard embedded itself in his stomach. While hospitalized when he tried to drink a can of soda noticed that the soda had the sweet aroma of nitroglycerin. Curious by this he set it on the windowsill and asked to use the restroom. When an orderly came to clean the room he accidentally tipped the can of soda and caused an explosion similar to a hand grenade. With this confusion Kool Moe Dee escaped and is experimenting with this power, ready to take down those ratted him out and anyone who gets in his way.

Stand: 『Canned Heat』

>Power: A
>Speed: C
>Range: E
>Durability: A
>Potential: C

『Canned Heat』 is an ability stand that allows Kool Moe Dee to transform the contents of any can sealed can into explosive nitroglycerin by touching it. The more material inside the can, the more nitroglycerin is made and the explosive power increases. This power does not work if the can is already opened or punctured in any way before he has used his ability on it.
>>
>>46740735
Seems like a pretty awful guy but I like explosions and he's got a neat stand.
>>
Saw this thread on the front page; This is pretty awesome, thanks /tg/ anons.
>>
>>46740735

Carol Ciccone was the daughter of an italian family who's lives were lost when the gang wars caused her parent's death when a car bomb blew up nearby but set fire to the gas main of her family's restaurant. She was at school when she got the news and was put under care with her police officer aunt. When inspecting the wreckage of her home she sees a sparkle in sewer drain as an arrow shard shoots up and embeds itself into her shoulder. With her stand she has taken to the streets and started doing vigilante justice looking for the person who caused the death of her parents and is leaving a bloody trail of skinheads, gangbangers, etc and is hellbent on making them all pay.

Stand: 『Dissolved Girl』

>Power: C
>Speed: C
>Range: E
>Durability: A
>Potential: C

『Dissolved Girl』 is an ability based stand that gives her the ability 『Made to Fade』.

『Made to Fade』 gives Carol the ability to become intangible and invisible like a stand. She will become invisible to non-stand users but appear like a transparent shadow of herself to stand users. While intangible she can move through solid objects but doing so causes the object to weaken and fade to grey. If she keeps in contact with an object long enough it will begin to fade away and dissolve into dust. This can be done on living organisms and the experience is excruciatingly painful as limbs and organs decay and the body becomes an ashen-gray husk. Although she is intangible she can still be harmed by stands and their abilities.

The kicker is that she is actually looking for Kool Moe Dee and will stop at nothing to get her revenge. Will the party side with her and kill Kool Moe Dee, fight her because of her murderous tendencies and turn her in, or let them duke it out between themselves but watch the collateral damage these two deal to each other? Depending on the parties choices there could be a combination of the above or something else entirely.
>>
>>46739621
Well, Karma Chameleon from last week's thread can briefly phase its user out of reality, which is kind of like Noclip.
>>
File: Dio Approves.gif (821 KB, 480x291) Image search: [Google]
Dio Approves.gif
821 KB, 480x291
Bumpo
>>
I wanna be the QM guy from a few weeks back with a question.

I've noticed that every JoJo quest I've seen puts the player in a JoJo or Zeppeli equivalent, but would people be interested in playing someone more akin to Hermes or Koichi with either no JoJo equivalent or an indirect one akin to 4/6 Jotaro?
>>
>>46746878
I think so long as your quest is good people won't mind not being a JoJo or whatever.
>>
I've always wanted to make a "Joestar" of sorts though. First name is Ringo last name is Starr and that's his nickname.
Or Dion Sellin who goes by Dio.

But I feel that would be cheesy
>>
>>46747167
We already have a Ringo with Ringo Roadagain.
>>
File: 1460746409076.png (90 KB, 505x427) Image search: [Google]
1460746409076.png
90 KB, 505x427
>Page 9
>>
>>46739298
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s86-Z-CbaHA
>>
>>46748544
Really?
When was that?
>>
>>46727543
That's literally how Green Green Grass of Home works. It just does it by shrinking people as they get near, so that their strides aren't long enough.
>>
>>46730827
It doesn't have to be time-based, time powers just tend to be very intimidating and tactical in application, which are both good qualities for a JoJo villain's abilities.
>>
>>46752918
He's one of the "minor" villains from Part 7. I say "minor" in quotes because he was really memorable and his fight was a pivotal moment in Gyro Zeppeli's character development.
>>
>>46731023
Actually, I have a Stand idea which could pretty well cover this, made for Santana specifically way back when.

「Soul Sacrifice」

Power: A
Speed: B
Range: C
Staying: None
Precision: C
Learning: E

「Soul Sacrifice」 appears as an insubstantial cyan humanoid, not unlike a ghostly image, though with limbs that are slightly disproportionate in terms of width compared to the appendage at the end of each, and multiple eyes of a slightly darker hue with glowing pinprick pupils of a significantly lighter hue located in odd places on its face, plus one on the underside of its chin and one on its right shoulder looking forward.

Its ability, 「Supernatural」, is to completely ignore other Stands, their abilities, and any effects derived directly from these abilities in every feasible manner, effectively making it intangible in this regard. Whilst this does mean that it is completely incapable of blocking attacks for its user, it also allows the Stand to attack the users of enemy Stands directly with a very low likelihood of repercussion, though on the off-chance that the target can somehow fight evenly against Stands without using a Stand of their own, 「Soul Sacrifice」 will not take much punishment before falling.

I also had the idea for an unrelated topic that during his imprisonment, he realised that the entire nervous system runs on electricity, and by manipulating this bio-electricity, he can create circuits and electrocute anything he makes contact with. Thus, when he fully reawakened as 「Super Santana」, he would possess the Lightning Mode as a result of this revelation, which could furthermore be channeled through 「Soul Sacrifice」 for a semi-ranged variant of the attack, if needed or desired.
>>
>>46753203
AH I see I've only read up to Stone Ocean.
>>
>>46751217
Wouldn't this make an amazing stand?
>>
>>46753359
I don't think that this would work.
>>
I'm running a JoJo game with some IRL friends, and I made a few spare stands incase one of them couldn't think of one:

「Hardware Store」

Power: B
Speed: B
Precision: A
Range: D
Durability: B
Potential: C (?)

Punchghost type stand. Orange colored, with a hard hat, and various tool belts covered in pockets wrapped around its body.
(Real names pending on the abilities)
「Hardware Store」's first ability, 「Kleptomania」, allows it to shove any object that it can carry into one of the various pockets on its person. The pockets each lead to a separate pocket dimension, but each pocket can only store one object. (About 30 pockets in total) Why does 「Hardware Store」need so many pockets? Because of its second ability, 「Mix & Match」, which allows it to combine two of the objects in its inventory. (This process can be undone)

The ability works like so: 「Hardware Store」's user is at a restaurant, and wants some pepper for his fries, but there is no pepper shaker in sight. He does, however, have two objects in the stand's inventory: a martini shaker, and a can of pepper spray. 「Hardware Store」 then combines the martini SHAKER and the can of PEPPER spray into a PEPPER SHAKER. He then proceeds with his meal as normal.

It's basically the reverse of this: http://youtu.be/CG3hedslOBY
>>
>>46754452
Sounds pretty neat.
I really like the idea of fusion being a stand power.
>>
So I just had the most stupid idea for a Stand.

「Roundabout」

Power: C
Speed: E
Range: A
Staying: C
Precision: D
Learning: D

「Roundabout」 appears as a light purple humanoid with not much detail to it, aside from the repeating motif of a dark purple analog clock face across its body, each face ticking and moving in tune to some inexorable, unknowable source until both hands point to 12 and stay there. However, its sub-par physical stats mean that it is typically only summoned when its user is activating its ability, appearing briefly as a slightly raised purple aura just beforehand.

「Roundabout」 possesses the power of 「Long Distance Runaround」, allowing its user to 「End the Episode」 then and there. Doing so will transform the area in a 100 meter radius around him into a studio set of varying size for up to half an hour, newly-formed film crew, halting of production and all, with everybody in the area "reverting" to the respective personas of their "actor", though these are completely made up on the spot, and acting as though recent events were part of a television show, Stand use and all. The user himself, of course, is unaffected by this, to the point that he is even able to sense when somebody who should be affected is not, and typically uses this ability to make a quick escape when threatened, though he can also take advantage of a target's unawareness to kill them with his Stand without retaliation. Every activation of 「Long Distance Runaround」 starts one of the clock faces at 12.00 ticking again, and it cannot be used unless at least one of the clock faces adorning its body is still pointing to 12.00.

And of course, the user of this Stand is practically Shane the Shy. The idea is that he uses it at the end of a manga chapter or anime episode, and then has abruptly vanished into thin air when the next episode starts, with other characters likely moving on to the next "filmed" scene as appropriate. Fourth wall mindscrew, anyone?
>>
>a campaign where you play as the original users of Jail House Lock, Marilyn Manson, Survivor, Highway to Hell, and Foo Fighters in the Ireneverse
would you play it?
>>
What sort of time power is this....
Essentially it is a time stand that can add different results to things: like if the user punched someone and they blocked, using his stand the user punched in a different place bypassing the other's block. And add in another punch and another and so on all in the timeframe of the first punch.

If he has time to take one step he can add more, essentially adding a huge amount of distance in a little amount of time.
>>
>>46756321
Well no it isn't fun if you can't create your own stand.... Maybe if you could put your own twist on one of the stands to make it your own then maybe...
>>
>>46756321
I would.
I think making your own interpretation of an existing stand's user would be fun. Like, what kind of person would Jail House Lock come from? What did they do, what are they like?

Plus, Marylin Manson sounds really fun to play.
>>
>>46756907
But people and stands aren't 100% carbon copies in the SBR universe.
>>
>>46757462
>Ireneverse
>SBRverse
>the same universe
They're two different universes. Check the Higashikata family tree in Jojolion.
>>
>>46757516
Wasn't Irene in the SBR universe?
>>
>>46757569
no.
>>
>>46757569
She wasn't.
>>
What are the most necessary roles in a party of Stand users?
>>
>>46761250
It's nice to have the Jojo of the tale with a stand with a simple-but-strong power, one with investigative powers, and a healer.
>>
>>46761429
Investigation and tracking could be different roles. Heaven's Door vs. Highway Star, and Moody Blues vs. Aerosmith, for example.
>>
>>46761250
Healer and tank
>>
>>46761250
well, there's the obligatory long range stand users. A long range stand is probably needed in the same way a wizard or ranger is.

There are also more support oriented stands like Burning Down The House and Paisley Park, so we can call them Misc. Support.

There are also short range stands like Kraftwerk and King Crimson that deal out truly massive amounts of damage and are incredibly fast, which function more like fighters on the field.

Then you have more offensive support stands like Beach Boy or Green Day that deal large amounts of damage, but do it in best supporting another, more up close stand user.

There's a lot of interplay between roles in terms of stands.
>>
>>46762122
Yeah, the great thing about Stands is that you can really mix and match roles. I'm playing a character with the Stand Meat Puppet, which has the ability to shoot darts that cause body parts go grow from any living thing they strike(it can also use this power by touch). Of course, this can obviously be used for healing, but it's also really versatile, and because of this, Meat Puppet covers the simultaneous roles of ranged stand, healer, and utility. Meat Puppet itself has shit Power, but in a pinch it can give its user really dangerous body parts for combat. For a while, I was planning on growing a secondary, stronger pair of arms, keeping my regular arms hidden away, and beating people up with my bare hands, hopefully bluffing that I didn't have a Stand at all and scaring the shit out of minor villains. But alas, it wasn't meant to be...
>>
>>46762729
Nico Robin?
>>
>>46763493
...Fuck. I thought it was really original, too.
>>
Before bed bump
>>
>>46762122
Hard to compare narrative and balance potential of villain stands to party members. The enemy stands are designed to be effective against an entire party of stand users.
>>
>>46761250
In narrative or an RPG I would say the only role a party should always have is a Stand that can heal. It allows everything to just go so much smoother.
>>
>>46754452
Boy, would'ya look at all that stuff.
>>
>>46762050
Aren't healing stands really rare?
>>
>>46769804
Each part after 3 has atleast one that could work as one. They are really important so the story can have injuries not cripple someone for days at a time.
>>
>>46769804
The only Stand that explicitly has the power of healing is Crazy Diamond, but the cool thing about JoJo is that you can find all kinds of applications for any ability, and sometimes those applications include healing.
>>
>>46769804
Why would they be rare
>>
File: AWAKEN.jpg (76 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
AWAKEN.jpg
76 KB, 500x281
Awaken my thread!
>>
>>46769843
Took a while for Gold Experience to start healing, but it got there in the end.

Even SBR, with its tiny number of allied stands and lots of usual roles unfilled, had a healer.
>>
>>46771910
Don't forget for awhile in Part 7 they had to sew everything back together.
>>
File: 1461061434467.jpg (42 KB, 850x567) Image search: [Google]
1461061434467.jpg
42 KB, 850x567
Bump
>>
>>46774436
>JoJo's Booby Adventure

By the by, no criticisms or anything for >>46755194? I am disappoint.
>>
>>46774481
I know the feel of not getting feedback brother. It hurts
>>
>>46774481
I just didn't have much to say about it. Seems like an alright Stand. I worry it might get boring after a few times though.
>>
>>46774762
Well, the wielder (let's call him Shane) is obviously a villain, and not one who would turn up every single episode, so that's something to consider. Also, part of the thing about his Stand is that if played with in the way I proposed, it almost appears to act against the fourth wall, with the viewers not seeing the events that occur in the constructed studio for the first few uses. After the second one or so, maybe one of the characters put up against him would start figuring out that Shane is awfully good at escaping them unscathed, and then the next time that character fights Shane, the episode ends...

And at the start of the next episode, both of them vanish. (I suppose I should have clarified that the real characters don't recall what their "actors" do, since said actor personalities are fake as shit, though progression appears to occur between "scenes".) The character is later found dead in an alleyway with a knife in his back, after one of the protag gang realises they haven't seen him for a while. Eventually, one or more of the other members of the group realises that something's happening which is tied to Shane, manages to figure out that they're being played in one of the studio scenes, and as a result said studio scene is shown whilst the character or characters finally hunt Shane down and execute him. So, uh, yeah, it's more of a gradual "holy shit what the fuck is going on" Stand than a "let's have that interact strangely with other Stand powers" Stand.
>>
>>46768192
Not only that, but it let's you do some really violent body horror type shit without serious consequences, which is pretty much how Araki uses them anyways.
>>
>>46775070
Sounds pretty great. Be hard to use in game, but seems like a great concept for an episode.
Only problem is Roundabout stopped being used before Stands were introduced.
>>
>「Wonderwall」
>I got no idea what it would look like, but it is humanoid
>「Wonderwall」has the ability to create an eye on any surface it strikes, which the user can then see out of and do things like dilate the pupil, close it, and produce tears. If eyes are made on a person's body, the eye becomes a part of them but they are unable to see out of it.

>Destructive Power: C
>Speed: A
>Range: E (B for eyes)
>Developmental Potential: B

Some uses of the stand's power:
>Pacing eyes on a battlefield to eliminate blind spots
>Placing eyes on a person, and use bright light to make them experince pain
>Drown an enemy by putting an eye inside their mouth and making it produce tears
>>
>>46776344
For multiple episodes, even, given the mechanics I described. And yes, I am aware that it stopped being used as an ending theme prior to Stands. It's not going to become canon anyway, so the point is moot.
>>
Bump cause i want to post something later
>>
>If eyes are made on a person's body, the eye becomes a part of them but they are unable to see out of it.
>Placing eyes on a person, and use bright light to make them experince pain
How does this work?
>>
File: VNSms54.jpg (32 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
VNSms54.jpg
32 KB, 512x512
So im basically gonna start recapping a session that im participating in with 4 other guys that set after part V in 2005. The 4 players are all members of Passione and we are currently on a job for Giorno. Im just gonna introduce the protagonists for now.

Vito Cannoli: Hes pretty much the main character(not really). Hes similar in personality to Abbachio but he is a lot more brutal in his tactics but they are justified most of the time.

His Stand is named SKELETON$ after some obscure band that i dont even listen too because i couldnt think of a name that fit with the abilities. SKELETON$ has the power to manifest objects made of bones out of its body. And a another ability i called BONE ZONE that locks onto a target and has total control over their bones. Effectively petrifying them.

Pic related is Vito
>>
>>46780429
Having the same personality as best guy is a good start.
>>
File: d53oVKj.jpg (45 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
d53oVKj.jpg
45 KB, 512x512
Albert Vidal: Hes a polish immigrant who got into Passione through another member of the group, Stefano. Due to his stands healing abilities hes mainly been the healer of our squad, He isnt very ambitious though. Doesnt care about gaining power or status in Passione but just wants live his life as far as i can tell.

His Stand REMEDY LANE looks a lot like psycho mantis but doesnt have any of the cool mental powers. It accelerates the natural healing process of the human body but depending on the injury it may take awhile. For offensive purposes, RL can summon scalpels and syringes to attack enemies with. Unfortunately due to stand shenanigans, Albert has never really gotten a moment to shine with his stand but ironically other people have.

Pic related is the qt
>>
>>46780493
Abbachio was worst member of Brunos group tho.
>>
File: Moody Blues.jpg (232 KB, 810x615) Image search: [Google]
Moody Blues.jpg
232 KB, 810x615
>>46780619
Only because he got the Avdol treatment. Besides he did have the BEST STAND
>>
Adriel: Hes kinda like the Polnareff of our group so to me atleast. He cracks jokes occasionally and has a pretty cool stand and entrance into the campaign.

His stand SPACE ODDITY is kinda like the portal gun from Portal except its a humanoid. It can create two portals named MAJOR TOM and GROUND CONTROL and has a pocket dimension seperate from the portals that can be made with any type of container. Hes basically inventory man. So far hes third best character out of the group to me.
>>
>>46780645
>Moody Blues
>Good
>>46780836
Pic is Adriel and Space Oddity
>>
The vito party is really kinda boring. Who came up with these stands? Lifting existing stands from the manga would be more original than these.
>>
And lastly, we have this useless edgelord. Look at this faggot he even looks like Sasuke. But in All seriousness hes not that bad.

Stefano Derico: I dont really know much about Stefano except that he doesnt talk much, he eats like a starving Goku and he is shit at using his stand.

His stand MASTER OF PUPPETS basically has the ability to mark an area and anything non stand related and non living thing in that area will have to obey any command he says. For example, he could command a piece of wood to fly at the speed of light but of course it would burn up quick. Theres other details but im a lazy fuck and cant be bothered to explain them.

Pic is the jobber
>>
>>46780862
>Not liking Moody Blues
Still better than all of your Stands.
>>
>>46781073
Keep liking your gay Jobber stand if you want buddy. Ours are still thousands of times better than Moody Blues.
>>
>>46781020
I think protagonists are allowed to have simple stands, the fun thing about Jojo rp is figuring out how some interesting enemy stands work, and finding a way to defeat them with your limited abilities, gimmicky enemy stands are the heart of a Jojo campaign.
>>
>>46780429
>>46780593
>>46780836
>>46781038
Out of all the Stands the last one is probably the most interesting.
>>
>>46781149
Yeah he has a good stand just is horrible at utilizing it.
>>
>>46780836
Stand pic for ants.
>>
>>46780331
They eyes basically become vulnerable spots on the body. Anything that could potential damage them will result in a corresponding level of physical pain.
>>
>>46781105
No, seriously, it doesn't matter how bad you think Moody Blurs is. Yours are total shit because they're unoriginal.
>>
>>46781222
Whatever dude
>>
『HOT MESS』This stand materializes as a several sticks of colored lipstick. 『BUBBLEGUM BITCH』Once the user applies this pink lipstick anyone they smear with it will be under their control. The only way to take off the effect is to somehow smudge the makeup or have the user release the ability. Smudging reduces effectiveness.『FEELIN MYSELF』Is a green colored lipstick that, when applied, the targets body will begin to ignore pain from their wounds. If the wounds aren't too severe they will even be healed by the effect. 『BLACK WIDOW』A black stick of lipstick that has the ability to drain the vitality to a target when applied. Black widow and Feelin Myself can be combined to siphon vitality from a target to the user.
『HOT MESS Act 2』Materializes as a humanoid female made of lingerie clothing all over its body with long black hair. In addition to the lipstick abilities, it can blow kisses at its targets to use the lipstick. It also has the ability to remove its lingerie chest piece to reveal its breasts to a target. Once the target sees HOT MESS's breast they may have their heart explode in their chest, have a uncontrollable gush of blood from their noses, or faint in battle. It is extremely hard to look away once the target is hit by this attack.

Power: B Speed: B Range: C Precision: A Dura: C Learn: B

Back again. Just the stats and a few other details about the stand if anyones interested.
>>
>>46781396
forget to mention i changed a few things.
>>
Needs a name

『』This stand manifests as a regular composition notebook that has the ability to inflict mental illnesses on anyone whos name is written inside it. To do this the user must have the targets name and face known to them. To attack you simply just write a diagnoses next to their name and it will be immediately take effect. If the targets name is erased the effect will ware off, distance does not matter.
Power: None Speed: None Range: None Precision: None Durability: None Learning: None
>>
>>46781623
You fuck off with all those nones. Its a book, Durabiltiy E or D. All that range? Thats an A.
>>
Also, that's literally just a Death Note, but with mental illness.
>>
>>46781707
thats the point
>>
>>46781722
Then atleast play by the rules of Stands and give it SOME stats. Even Tohth had some.
>>
>>46781668
Having a letter implies it can actually withstand an attack. Its a fucking book dude it aint gonna last against shit. And range is a fuck up on my part since it doesnt matter how far you are away from the user since the effect would keep going but im changing that to A instead.
>>
>>46781772
Then its an E. Tohth was a book too, it had E.
>>
>>46781792
ok then
>>
>>46781792
Also whats wrong with having a stand similar too a deathnote
>>
>>46781835
Not the same person that said that, but its just boring. You do what you want, but others just won't find it that interesting.
>>
>>46780645
honestly all i can see is a really weird sonic ripoff.
>>
>>46781396
Honestly that last ability with the breasts doesn't sound like it would work. Stands ain't people.
>>
>>46782272
What do you mean
>>
You know, looking at theses threads in retrospect, people making stands have the same issue as people picking superpowers. Everyone either just want to control everyone else(mind control and body possession all over the place) be the strongest(omnipotence), or perv on folks.
>>
>>46780645
Why do people think this?
Everyone seems to like this silly looking stand and I'm not sure why.
>>
>>46782400
Personally because it was a weaker Stand with a cool power that we never saw much of. I also just really like the design.
>>
>>46780593
>It accelerates the natural healing process
If it could just effect accelerate whatever process going on in the human body (or any body) this stand would be a lot more threatening.
>>
>>46782384
To be fair I try to keep my Stands original and I try not to do the same thing twice. Unlike most, I do actually try to make stuff that would fit into JJBA.

(I have no relation to the argument at hand, just wanted to add my two cents)
>>
>>46782493
I get it. My implication was that, I dont think its a conscious thing. Im pretty sure its more of an unconscious desire manifesting through fantasy deal.
>>
Here's one I'm working on for a game, pls tell me how horrible the concept is
『Crystal Blue』
$STANDDESCRPTION

With a touch, Crystal Blue's user can shrink an item and store it in stasis within a fancy-looking but ultimately worthless gemstone. While the user has the gemstone on hand, they can reproduce whatever's currently held within infinitely - but the reproductions are all obviously crystalline, with all the difficulties that would cause (sure, that crystal sandwich might be as nutritious as the one you shoved into a crystal yesterday, but good luck not breaking your teeth on it/no unlimited money works, etc). Other than that limitation, however, the reproduction has properties identical to the original item.

Not gonna put a statblock on it until I've worked out the details, but it's a short range stand with high learning potential.
>>
>>46782475
It's a player stand, it can't be that powerful, it just needs to be something that helps them defend themselves against powerful stands, after all, the main characters are all ganging up on one enemy user with a powerful gimmicky stand.
>>
>>46782540
Honestly whats the point of it
>>
>>46782556
stealing shit + reproducing things like fire and guns/knives/swords
>>
>>46782588
But wouldnt they be crystalline
>>
>>46782603
some motherfucker just pulled half a dozen knives out of nowhere and threw them at you. Who gives a shit if they're crystalline, they're still going to fucking hurt.
>>
>>46782603
not seeing a problem
>>
>>46782603
Yeah, but they'd still retain the other properties of the object stolen, like being hot or shooty. A gun would probably break after every shot, but you could just make more.
>>
>>46782626
Not to mention you coulsd also probably make thing that are more useful being made of crystal then they are normally, could steal and recreate notes, or items you want to use but dont want others to know you have, etc.
>>
>>46782643
>>46782634
>>46782626
I guess i dont fully understand it so im gonna reread the description
>>
>>46782664
also having an infinite supply of crystalline objects of pretty much any nature is going to be useful one way or another.
>>
>>46782664
Theres also the point that you could just shrink and get rid of thing in your way, even if you dont plan to recreate them as well.
>>
>>46782679
If you could think of a better way to explain it, too, I'd be appreciative. Just trying to figure out of this is an idea worth pursuing or if I should scrap it because it's broken/not powerful enough.
>>
>>46782694
Is there a size limit on the things it can capture? if not, you should probably think of one, even if its, like, say, Car sized objects or something.
>>
>>46782694
Honestly I like the idea. What about people? How does Crystal Blue work on people?
>>
>>46782694
So let me get this straight. You can recreate the item in crystal form and it retains its properties
>>
>>46782766
You skipping like two steps.
>>
>>46782853
Yes i know about the touching and shit
>>
>>46782724
I'm thinking like able to be held in the hands/arms to start, with the possibility of increasing as the game goes on, but I've got nothing definite yet.

>>46782741
Leaning towards 'doesn't', but that might be a nifty way to protect NPCs, so hmm.

>>46782766
Basically, yeah, so long as those properties aren't overwritten by 'is made of crystal', if that makes sense.
>>
>>46782956
Well in that case it's prettt damn useful but the turning into crystal part is a little strange to me
>>
>>46782956
Good work with your stand. You actually breathed some life into this thread
>>
>>46783006
It's partially a thematic thing and partially a 'yeah I don't intend to just make the game pointless by turning America into the Weimar Republic with INFINITE MONEY WORKS'.

Also because I think fire-in-a-rock is a pretty cool idea.
>>
>>46782912
I'll give it a try:
by touching an object, the Stand [Crystal Blue] can cause the object to shrink down, then capture it in a small,attractive, yet monetarily worthless gemstone. While the gemstone remains in the users possession, they can create a reproduction of whatever is stored inside, formed entirely of crystal, in whatever numbers they choose. other then the physical characteristics of being made of crystal, the reproduction functions identically to the original, and shares all properties with it.
>>
>>46783053(me)
Might want o add something about what hapens if the user loses or has the gem containing something stolen, lost or broken, and how the reproductions come out, like, if they grow out of the crystal, or come out of the stand or what, but maybe it'll work?
>>
>>46783136
Right, the item needs to be on hand - if it's lost or stolen, you're SOL. I'm thinking that if the user breaks the crystal, the item reappears at their feet/in their hands unharmed but if an enemy breaks the crystal, the item is lost as well. It'd give some tension to, say, capturing NPCs, or giving a weakness to the infinite knife works strategy.

I kind of like the idea of the reproduction being pulled from the gemstone itself - that'd give a reason for needing to have it on hand, and it's a cool sort of mental image.
>>
>>46783214
Er, if the user breaks the gemstone holding the original object.
>>
>>46783214
It could also be funny to have to slot the gems into the Stand, and have them spill out of it like one of those quarter machines at the grocery store too.
>>
>>46783270
I'd be worried incorporating them into the stand would remove a pretty big weakness, though.
>>
『WHITE WEDDING』
Not too sure on it's stats, but its power is to reverse the relationship between two individuals.

Two people madly in love will hate one another with homicidal fury and vice versa.
>>
>>46785475
>muh otp, the stand
>>
So, I have a bunch of incomplete stands that im not sure which I should work on. If I put some out there, could I get some direction?
>>
>>46785873
Please do!
>>
Okay then. Ill start with the ones I have names for and move on from there.

[Testament]: Still iffy on the appearance and method of transmission. Basically, every a target completes an action, whatever it may be, a punch, a sentence, a step, etc, [Testament] creates a tally mark(On itself, or the person?), and cancels the action before it can be completed, making it as if it never happened. Im thinking of it kind of like as in a game or cg animation, where an animation doesn't complete, and the model goes back to a neutral pose. By Striking through the tallys, the user can then cause all the actions that have been canceled to then occur immediately, all in one moment, from whatever point the one who was enacting was, rather then where they are currently. Possibly need a method to limit the number of times it can stop something from completing an action that meshes well with the concept.

[Death Magnetic]: No set appearance/form. Creates some kind of stamp/brand/marking/wound on a target. as long as the mark remains, all damage on people and objects that are visible on the surface within a certain radius are drawn towards the mark, sliding off of and across other object/ as if being pulled by a magnet, leaving the object they were originally on unharmed. Once the mark becomes totally obscured by the accumulated damage, the effect ends, and all the damage points that have not reached it stop on whatever theyre currently one and the damage stick to that point.

[End Of The Line]: A semi-automatic/Remote Stand. Takes the form of some kind of demented train entity about the size of an adult mails forearm, and targets an object or individual at the command of the user, at which it takes off after them at full speed, laying a trail of track under itself as it goes. it can pass through solid matter and obstacles as it goes, eating holes in them that reform behind it, with the track passing through them.
-TBC
>>
>>46748544
Well, if you have a second Ringo, then he'd also be Ringo Segundo.
>>
>>46786434
[End Of The Line]:-When [End Of The Line] reaches its target, it rams into it at considerable speed, passing through them, but leaving the track connected to them at the point of entry. At this point, the target is forcibly pulled back along the path of the track, at considerable speed and force, and without consideration for obstacles the track passed through(meaning they get smashed through them, or are otherwise pulled through regardless), until the reach the starting point of the track.

[Bat Country]: A Stand with the an appearance evoking vampires. the main body must stay very close to the user, but is capable of producing drone-like flying offshoots which have a much more considerable range, of a few miles at the least. These drones, which probably look like little bats, function like cameras, sending a constant stream of images back to the main body, which displays them like a security camera hub via a screen built into its torso. So the main ability of the stand is long range viewing, but in addition, the user is cable of reaching through the screen and interacting with objects displayed as if from that perspective, without accounting for distance or scale, meaning that objects that appear smaller due to perspective are manipulated as the the users hands were actually that comparative size.
>>
>>46786434
>>46786639
These are really good. I'm impressed.

Death Magnetic's damage points stopping where they were might be difficult to do in a RPG, though.
>>
>>46786434
In regards to Testament, I'd say that you do it like actual tally marks: Four canceled actions, then the fifth tally mark through them that makes them all occur immediately.

And now I kinda want to have a stand whose powers are basically fighting game, particularly anime fighter, mechanics. Chains, roman cancels, air dashes, double jumps, etc.
>>
>>46786434
For Testament, a reasonable way to do it would be to have it store up to four times, and then trigger it when it does the fifth crossover slash.
>>
>>46786434
>>46786639
The others are a lot more Vague
[Stranger Than Fiction] is something to do with controlling ink and paint, like pulling words off of pages and more, but the idea needs work, because I cant think of a way to make it useful AND interesting at the moment.

[Love Bites] was vaguely related to manipulation peoples thoughts and emotions, possibly through imprinting them somehow on people and objects, but, I dunno.

[Still In the Dark] was based on the vague Idea of the Stand growing more powerful on exposure to fear, but I never go much farther then that.

Advice is much appreciated.
>>
>>46786795
>>46786874
>>46786883
Thanks, Im glad people seem to like some of this. The 4 tally mechanic might be the best option. It gives the user less control, but that might actually be better.
One thing I find helps make more jojo like stands, is that I always try to think of some non-combat related use they can provide. For example, [End Of The Line], being Semei-Automatic, would be really good at retrieving things, assuming your careful to make sure they dont pass through too many walls and such to get back to you.
>>
>>46786890
Going by the name, Stranger than Fiction could pull nonfiction written or printed words, phrases, and events to reality.
>>
>>46783049
>It's partially a thematic thing and partially a 'yeah I don't intend to just make the game pointless by turning America into the Weimar Republic with INFINITE MONEY WORKS'.
What if you tried to duplicate actual precious gemstones with it?
>>
>>46785475
I like it. It could induce some funny situations between characters but besides that not much else
>>
>>46787017
Yeah most of these are pretty cool
>>
>>46790423
That's...a good question.

Currently leaning toward 'good costume jewelry, but a jeweler could tell the difference' a la diamond and cubic zirconium.
>>
>>46785475
>>46785560
Similar to this, here is my take on it

Thé stand takes the form of a short and chubby feminine humanoid, wearing a short dress. It had blue skin covered in white symbols and the area around it's nose has a red tinge

The Stand has the power of inducing an intense desire for romantic companionship. When two people under this effect are close enough to each other they wil instantly fall in love. The user can carefully control this effect to ensure that only the couples they prefer fall in love, or just use this in a group and let random couples form.

I call it Tumbling Down
>>
>>46792953
Tippity-top kek
>>
I have a concept for not a stand, but an organization that deals in 「Fate」 and 「Gravity」.

They simply call themselves The Friendship Society, and like the Freemasons they're a well-known secret society, with members flaunting their membership openly, but their methods and motivations a secret to all but its own membership. Their criteria for recruitment is unknown, as they've taken members from the highest echelons of society to the lowest dregs, and the fate of their newest recruits is to either gain (or retain their current) fabulous wealth, or to be sent to jail on very serious charges. It's suggested that whatever they do to either gain wealth or be sent to jail is the recruitment process itself, but definitive proof has yet to present itself either way.

As the ruling class of the city your campaign takes place in (ranging from somewhere as small as the adventure city of Lonesome Town to the ends of the earth itself, depending on your game's scope), they are nearly untouchable on a social level. Their apparent leader is a man named World Inferno, who runs the popular history museum The Museum of Addiction to Bad Ideas, which showcases artifacts responsible for and involved in famous accidents, atrocities, and incidents that shook the globe itself - be it in ways great or small. The Museum of Addiction to Bad Ideas contains such things as a bizarre Aztec stone mask with quills that seem intended to pierce the skull, an intricate golden arrow from a long-forgotten war, a hunk of an ancient meteorite, an unrefined red stone of unknown origin, as well as a set of revolvers set with some steel balls for some reason. (Whether these items are authentic or not is up to the individual GM, but where World Inferno got the items or even the idea for the forgeries of the items may be as interesting as the items themselves). World Inferno is present for almost all formal events held or sponsored by the Friendship Society.

To be continued... ==>
>>
>>46793670
The Friendship Society's actual goal is to allow people to take their destiny in their own hands - they grant a new inductee a Stand through a variety of means available at the Museum of Addiction to Bad Ideas and then promise them great wealth if they complete a task, usually one that's dangerous and highly illegal. They believe that only the wealthy deserve to control fate, and the people they induct from the lower classes are, in their own minds, proof that only they control fate - only they can take a poor man and make him rich, only they can give normal men phenomenal powers. Their end goal is to control the world, Illuminati style, where they, personally, have a hand in the fate of every man, woman, and child that walks the earth.
>>
「Hell's Bell」

「Hell's Bell」 takes the form of a clock and bell. The clock face has a 20 ft circumferenceand seems brokenas the hands do not move, sitting at 12, until the power is used. The bell is large, about the size of a grown man and seems to be made of brass. It is cracked, rusty, and worn. The stand user has the limitation where the stand must manifest itself within a clock tower or else many of it's powers cannot take effect. The stand is visible to non-stand users with the exception of a few parts of it's powers.

>Power: B
>Speed: E
>Range: A
>Durability: B
>Development: D

「Hell's Bell」's first power and primary power is Death Toll. Whenever a stand user comes within the range of 「Hell's Bell」, the broken bell tolls. Nonstand users do not see the bell moving nor hear the bell and the bell's ringing does not correlate with any specific time. For stand users, the sound is deafening and a distinct ringing begins in their ears. The clock begins ticking, although the hand's movements are invisible to non-stand users. After the initial sound, the ringing starts low, but then builds up over a 12 hour period. During each hour interval, the bell tolls again. Each time the bell tolls, affected stand users start to lose control of their own stands. At first, the change is unnoticeable, with the 「Hell's Bell」's user only able to control minor aspects of the stand. The level of control steadily increases until, finally once the 12th hour has struck, 「Hell's Bell」's user has full control of affected stands. The power has the limitation where 「Hell's Bell」's user can only fully control his stand and one other stand at the same time. Other affected stand users have only partial control of their stands, not able to fully utilize their powers. For example, Star Platinum could not use time stop, Hermit Purple could not be able to use psychic photography, etc. (cont.)
>>
Trying to wrap my head around a Stand that is Infinite. Like, truly endless and ceaseless, limited only by how much of it the user can manifest and how tightly packed its matter is. The implications of a Stand like that are frightening.
>>
>>46793844
(cont.) The stand control power can be reversed if 「Hell's Bell」's user is killed/knocked unconscious. This can be accomplished by either attack the stand user directly or by destroying the bell. If 「Hell's Bell」's user is mind controlled by another stand, that person has control of all of the stands 「Hell's Bell」had control of.

「Hell's Bell」's second power is the ability to manipulate the clock tower it's within. If the stand is not manifested within a tower, it obviously cannot use this power. The stand user can change various parts of the structure of the tower. For example, it can cause bricks in the tower to fly out of place toward anyone inside or outside it or it can cause a stairwell on the inside become a steep incline, causing anyone on it the fall down. The stand user cannot move the tower in it's entirety or create part of the tower that weren't there to begin with. For example, if the stand user were to shoot out bricks, it could not create new ones.
>>
>>46793670
>>46793745
That's a pretty interesting villain organisation you've got there, Lonesome. Just a thought, though: do they recognise the contradiction between "give everybody control over their own fate" and "control the world to the point of commanding any given individual's fate", and if so, do they admit that they're hypocrites for trying to fulfil both conflicting goals at once?
>>
>>46794035
It's kind of a [POLITICAL PARTY OF CHOICE] situation, where they recognize the contradiction, but refuse to admit the hypocrisy inherent in "let everyone control their fate, but only as ordained and approved by the Friendship Society".
>>
Thinking on the newest Taco Bell products, there's one known as a quesalupa, which roughly means "Cheese Wolf".

"Cheese Wolf" is a great name for a Stand.
>>
>>46794035
Technically, if everyone is a member of the organization, then the organization controls the fate of everyone.
>>
>>46794035
>>46797572
Also, all I have decided about World Inferno's Stand is that it's called 「Anarchy & Ecstasy」, dunno its powers or anything like that yet.
>>
Needs a name

『』This stand has the ability to manipulate Hydrogen within its range. This allows the user to use Aerokinetic flight, Air based attacks, Induce hydrogen explosions and combustion, it can even change the air pressure, density, and solidification.
Power: A Speed: A Range: B Precision: C Durability: B Learning: D
>>
>>46800467
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNE2oCZH_4k
>>
>>46801642
Im assuming your putting forth Moon as the name and not the song.
>>
Stand Name: Awesome Forces!

Stand Ability: [Power Source Creating](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Source_Creating)

Power - C

Speed - C

Range - A

Durability - C

Precision - C

Potential - E

Description: The ability to create various power sources to draw power from. Users can create/develop/form power sources to help them with their powers. They can recharge their powers, conserve and store their energy for later use, and anything else they desire. If user wanted to they could even use it as a weapon as well.

I'm just posting directly from it...
>>
File: Joke.gif (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Joke.gif
2 MB, 640x480
>>46802007
No, of course not. For another sugestion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFF3aJvS_wA
>>
Is anyone here currently running/willing to run a JoJo campaign online?
>>
>>46802658
What am I looking at? This is fascinating.
>>
>>46802114
What the fuck man what does it do.
>>
>>46802753
im planning one right now but im already in the middle of one.

>>46802658
Cheeky bastard
>>
>>46802753
I would run the fuck out of a Jojo campaign (and have wanted to for some time) but have no idea how I would do it. Or enough knowledge on the subject, although my friend is a huge fan and could probably fill me in. I'm down though, long story short.
>>
>>46803517
If you run one I will play the shit out of it.
>>
>>46803517
shit im already in a game but sign me up
>>
>>46803517
>>46803666
if you do one i mean
>>
>>46803605
>>46803666
I mean, I'm down to do one. I'll just need to get someway to contact you and probably one more player. Although I would totally run with just two people.
>>
>>46803747
Give timezone information and i'll consider.
>>
>>46803794
Right, forgot that shit.

I'm EST. Probably wouldn't be functional in the morning (although I could make an effort), but night is when I shine.
>>
>>46786890
>>46786639
>>46786434
Was kinda hoping for a bit more feedback on what I could with these...
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.