[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Superpowers from Trauma
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20
File: this could be you faggot.jpg (74 KB, 550x800) Image search: [Google]
this could be you faggot.jpg
74 KB, 550x800
Hello /tg/!

In this thread, you are invited to post a trauma that has occurred in your life, real or imagined, and in compensation, you will receive a thematically appropriate superpower.

The point of this is in order to easily generate interesting and personally fitting powersets for superhero RP. I'm personally operating off the Worm/Weaver Dice power philosophy but you are free to adapt what you receive to your system of choice.

Remember that when sharing, the "trigger event" as it were where you gain your abilities stems from the absolute "oh fuck" moment. If it was a slow build of awful shit in your life, it would be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

I may not be the absolute fastest typer but I'll try to keep up and get to everybody.
>>
When I was 13 I witnessed my step-grandmother deliberately trying to get my grandfather to overdose on his pills by convincing him that he hadn't taken them yet that day after reloading his pill caddy. My parents refused to believe me. He was dead within a week of a badly covered up poisoning. Short of pre-emptive murder I did everything that a 13 year old could do to stop it from happening.
>>
I got badly burned and lost a limb (and some other things) from running into a building fire some years ago.
>>
>>46780281
Thinker

You have gained the ability to discern falsehoods and deception instantaneously, and work backwards to perceive intent of the deception you catch in the first place. This also gives you the ability to become a consummate liar if you so desire, using your ability to discern exactly what it is the subject might want to hear. Essentially your ability makes you the perfect liar and lie detector. This is a Thinker class power because you underwent intense mental strain in a condensed period of time. Also fuck your step-grandma.

>>46780290
You have the ability of superhuman strength and durability, as well as the ability to radiate intense heat off of your body in either searing waves or just superheating your skin like it's an iron poker in a fire. This power is a Brute/Shaker ability, as a result of the physical damage you underwent as well as the danger having resulted from your surroundings. You sound like you'd be a good hero.
>>
>>46780425
Whoops, that initial thinker thing was redundant. I changed my mind on how I wanted to format these and forgot to delete it.

Forgive me, anons
>>
>>46780425
>You sound like you'd be a good hero.

Neato. Now just need a better prosthetic than I have, if I'm going to be hero-ing.
>>
>>46780467
Well, if you're in a setting with Gov. employed heroes, there's probably some superscientists who could hook you up.

Worm has Tinkers.
>>
>>46780546
That's a good point, thanks for the advice. Need to think up a superhero identity now.
>>
>>46780425

She wasn't long lived after that. Yay for being demi-Tattletale but with some offensive utility.
>>
>>46780595

>>46780573
It's not so much finding out strictly INFORMATION, so it's a little less versatile than TT. However, at 13 with a power like that you'd be one manipulative little shitter.

>>46780573
Maybe something like Sear or Brander or something along those lines. Or you could just be Captain Falcon.
>>
Well my dad was an alcoholic who beat me when I was a kid. Once smashed me with a bottle
>>
>>46780224

My dad had this rare cancer called amyloidosis that acts like multiple myeloma but literally mummified him from the inside out as sand like proteins took over his organs. For a whole year my Mom and I tended to him until he died when the amyloid got to his brain and put him into a coma.

6 months afterwards my mother started having heart issues that made it hard for her to breathe and get oxygen into her body. She's been in and out of the hospital ever since but she'said now suffering from dementia with constant short-mid term memory loss and I'm her caretaker.

Breaking point is about two months ago I started feeling I'll and had a blood test. Find out I have the same cancer that killed my father. Sadly this cancer can't be put into remission, only treated and even then it's a slow cancer that supposedly killed my father over a decade because of how low-radar it acts.
>>
>>46780760
You have gained the ability of superhuman strength and durability. In addition, you have gained a striker ability which allows you to treat any material like brittle glass up to and including flesh. If you are grabbing someone and decide to, you can smash them into the ground and shatter them into meaty bits. Also you can bust through brick walls like you're smashing through a window.

The Brute ability was gained as a result of you having been physically beaten and brutalized, and the striker ability comes about as a result of him having been way up in close proximity as it happened.
>>
>>46780677

I can also make people believe almost anything. So Sphinx it is.
>>
Thanks to a childhood of abuse from crazy mother, crazier grandmother trying to steal me away so she can collect more children, and being in a car accident were I was sure I was looking at both my parents corpses for a solid ten minutes, I have no will to live, no drive to accomplish anything, and more fucked up fetishes then Freud could dream of.
>>
>>46780224
When I was playing around as a kid, a big antique plate fell on me. Only time I've ever needed a hospital.
>>
>>46780224
Mom was a drunk who killed herself, Dad was a soldier whose dying of Huntington's disease, and my Step Mother went out of her way to make me feel like scum every day.

Besides low self-esteem, what super power would I have?
>>
I once witnessed a dude beating up a homeless guy, which made me have textbook symptoms of psychological shock, right down to the time frame.

(Also, my mother is a whackjob who messed me up, but there's no one moment that really stands out as particularly traumatic)
>>
>>46780843
You are a Tinker, a superscientist with a very specific technological specialty. You have the ability to create time-altering weaponry, such as time-freezing grenades or blasters, as well as blades that rapidly age through the material they cut, or any other offense-based temporal equipment.

The Tinker ability results from you being faced with an unsolvable problem or difficult issue to resolve over a long time.

>>46780966
You have gained the ability to produce a field in which you can arbitrate inertia, causing objects within to stop and start moving at you will. In addition, you have gained a secondary thinker power that allows you to gauge what objects would cause the most destruction when knocked around, like a massive rube goldberg chaos machine. The shaker ability comes about as a result of the car accident and the thinker ability stems from the mental/emotional strain.
>>
>>46781207
You have the ability to become mostly intangible, becoming slightly transparent and ghostly. You are not able to fly or vanish entirely but you are able to freely swim through the terrain around you, as well as use your enhanced hearing to navigate by sensing vibrations. This is a Breaker ability, brought out by difficult to define but present stress as a result of the psychological shock. The minor thinker ability is a supplement to the breaker power that stems from your mental strain.

>>46781161
You have gained the ability to alter how others perceive you, becoming a face in the crowd able to blend in incredibly easily with groups without being noticed. Essentially, the more people are around you, the more the brains of others censor you out actively. However, you can influence others mentally while being unnoticed, becoming a whisper that can drive them to take actions you desire. You can start a riot in a crowd of protestors, or take someone's purse and get them to blame someone else. You are a Stranger/Master due to the negative attention you've received and the isolation stemming from your parents deaths.
>>
>>46781000
Nice Trips.

You have gained a very minor blaster power, able to fire concussive discus-like force fields with about enough force to knock someone out with a good hit. This minor blaster power came about from being struck by an external force but not enough to ruin the rest of your life.
>>
>>46781209
Well, that ain't half bad. I like it. Danke.
>>
>>46781382
So, I can use the stranger power to stop a riot?
If I get into a crowd of nubile women, can I start a mass orgy?
>>
When I was around 15 I had this reoccurring nightmare of standing along the edge of a swimming pool that was infinitely deep and empty. At the other side of the pool would be a person dangling from a diving board, ready to fall into the infinite void bellow. No matter how hard I tried or how fast I wanted to be I could never make in time before I either woke up or they fell (which caused me to wake up).
>>
>>46781516
Which one were you? You're welcome.
>>
>>46781543
The first one is significantly harder than the second one.

>>46781547
I'm not 100% sure that's enough to warrant a power. It's pretty fucked up but not quite traumatizing.

Also note: This thread is also a place where you are welcome to try and see what your characters might obtain, specifically if you need a power for M&M or something.
>>
>>46781610
Oh. Well, at least I can try and do something positive with the power, even if the only thing I can think of at the moment is getting laid.
Thank you.
>>
I don't have any traumas, but have a bump with Leviathan.
>>
>>46780224
I'm actually really good at repressing shit, so I can't think of anything too awful. Maybe car accidents?
1. I was riding my motorcycle, and I took a tight bend too fast. My peg hit the ground, bouncing me up so I almost rode into the curb. I managed to get the bike leaned back over and I lifted my foot so the peg could swivel up, I got through the bend without dying, but scraped a good 3/4 of an inch off the peg and nearly had a heart attack.
2. Driving on the highway in bad weather my care hydroplaned and turned a full 180 so I was going over a bridge at around 50 mph. I managed to regain control after a good 20 seconds of sliding and a bump off the guard rail, and was able to reverse my way off the highway to safety.
I was pretty chill during the whole thing, more fatalistic about it than anything, but I bett the poor fuck who came over the top of the bridge and saw a pair of headlights facing them freaked the fuck out.
>>
I've killed 3 people in self defense over the course of my life.
First one lead to depression.
Second and third ones just compounded that depression into its current and crippling state.
Its changed my entire outlook on life and robbed me of that naive innocence most kids age 10 had.
Biggest problem was no one my age ever dealt with anything like that so i was without any support beyond therapists that eventually gave up after sessions and pills went nowhere.
>>
Cartoon network cancelled samurai Jack.
>>
Man, this thread has me wanting to run a Worm quest or game. Still reading Worm.
>>
When I was 6 I was still learning how to swim And was afraid of going out too far. To encourage me to swim my older brother held onto one end of a long rope and I would hold onto the other end, barely swimming 30ft out. Well my older brother got distracted and let go of the rope, which to 6-year-old me shattered my memory of how to swim. The only reason I didn't drown that day was because my father heard me and swam like a mad man (or so I heard) to get to me, which was perfect since by then I already swallowed some water.
>>
When I was in Angola in the 90s I shot a group of villagers who had a few AKs. I didn't mistake them for the enemy I just wanted to be in a firefight so bad. My patrol had a one-sided battle for 5 minutes and god whenever I think about it it makes me want to throw up. I pretend that it was a mistake but god I know the truth. A moment of utter stupidity messed me up but the worst thing is I deserve worse
>>
>>46781746
Look up the origin story for the superhero called the Flaming Carrot. That's you, but with a gi and a sword.
>>
I visited /mlp/.
>>
>>46781746
But Adult Swim brought it back.

>>46781735
You've gained the ability to rapidly skate on a frictionless cushion of force, allowing you to skim over any surface at a high speed. This includes abrasive surfaces like asphalt, catchy surfaces like grass, and even the surface of water. You literally float about a centimeter off the ground when this power is active. This is a Mover/Breaker ability stemming from the nonstandard, panicking stress as well as the desire to escape your situation.

>>46781744

You have gained the ability to naturally intuit the most effective way to kill a foe with the materials you have on hand, essentially turning you into the absolute ultimate combat pragmatist. It doesn't make you a completely unstoppable fighter but it does show you how to most brutally and effectively kill or incapacitate another in a fight. Think Rorschach and scale up. The Thinker ability results from the depressive and mentally strenuous nature of your trigger and the more physical component comes from the violent nature of it.
>>
>>46781871
You are now Pokehidden.
>>
Where to start?
Being born. 2 months premature. Twin died, I nearly did from lack of oxygen. In incubator.

Age 2, biological parents gave me a spiral fracture of one arm.

Age 2-6: Hair pulled in foster home.

Adopted at age 6.

All school life was constant torture mentally, emotionally, etc.

Eventually felt like body became numb physically & negative emotion wise.

2011: Had to have spinal surgery on 3 consecutive vertebrae due to my body deciding to strangle my spinal cord. Side effects were painful jolts of electricity shooting along my arms & fingertips. Pain after was like plunging hands into a bucket of thumbtacks.

After surgery, Electric sensations gone replaced with horrible migraine headaches still to this day.

Last year, had surgery to fix deviated septum (Probable birth defect) & to open up nose & throat passages as well as tonsil removal.

My friend nickname me the polar bear due to my cold resistance. Despite everything I do my best to be positive & help others feel/be positive also. Also, I'm currently 31. And 333 or triples of numbers come up a lot in day to day life.
>>
>>46781757
The author Wildbow has a Worm quest over on Spacebattles. It is called Department 64 and the players control the Director for Anchorage, Alaska.
Here is a link to the most recent thread. Be aware it hasn't been updated since January, but I don't think it is dead.

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/prt-department-sixty-four-thread-iii-worm-quest.310039/
>>
>>46780224
I have always been paranoid when hunting that I would get lost.

3 years ago I was hunting with family and managed to hit a road not on the map, I followed the road and got lost.

At first I stopped and started checking map/phone but no service and not having the road threw me off.

I followed it for about 20 minutes before hitting a dead end by way of rockslide.
I turned back and about at my starting point I saw tracks of a cougar come off a hill above the road and follow in the ditch the way I had come.

I began to panic then, and unslung my gun. I hadn't seen the cougar but it knew I was here.

Spent 45 minutes slowly walking, panicking and jumping at every stick cracking.

Finally I heard a truck and turned many times trying to hear which direction it was in. While turning I finally saw the cougar, slunk low under a tree in the brush staring at me.

I yelled, turned and shot it as fast as I could. Ended up winging it because i forgot to compensate for a close target and it yelped/yowled at me then jumped towards me. I shot again and killed it.

My dad arrived 10 minutes later in a truck because he heard my gunshots I was on the ground sobbing next to a dead cougar.

Haven't gone into the woods since.

My dad is holding some cougar claws for me, but I get real anxious when I see them.
>>
>>46780224
My dad was a failed artist that fell into alcoholism after his wife left him with me. He used his talents in a tattoo parlor, and after getting drunk would sometimes practice on me.
>>
>>46780224
Got stung by a Tarantula Hawk Wasp when I was 6. Second most painful sting in the world, losing only to bullet ants. I literally shit myself and I'm terrified of bees since.
>>
>>46781709
You have no super powers, then. Would you like to be Batman, or Iron Man?
>>
>>46781810
You have gained the ability to project thin, focused streams of flame with about a 20 foot range, these forceful lasers can cut through steel with a little effort and are bright enough to blind. You have also gained the secondarily ability of intense focus and aim, but as a side effect have become rather paranoid and quick to assume others are enemies. The Blaster ability is as a result of the firefight and the threat of oncoming physical danger. The Thinker ability is a result of the guilt that stemmed from your actions.

>>46781969
Bruh they're both Tinkers.

>>46781926
You have gained the ability to project incapacitating discharges of electricity, ban enough to get someone to shit themselves. These discharges are quite close range, but can be focused through conductive equipment like a bat or metal bar. While you are discharging electricity, you enter a state of temporary invulnerability, allowing you to essentially leap on and shock others without fear. This a Striker ability supplemented by a Breaker ability. The Striker ability is a result of the source of pain being very close to you (in your body) and the Breaker ability comes about as a result of the stress of the operation.
>>
>>46781957
Wildlife dies around you. Animals first, very quickly. Plants over time. You can concentrate your power into a focused point and kill things instantly with a direct hit. Humans are immune to your ambient power but not the focused version. You have no "low power" setting that only wounds/disable; you can only kill.
>>
>>46781969
How about Saint?
>>
>>46781962
Ability to switch off all pain, along with other physical sensation. You are constantly immune to all poisons, diseases, etc. Even includes radiation! You have no other resistance to physical damage.
>>
>>46780224
I found my step father's corpse after he shot himself in the head.

I never liked him, but the image still haunts me. Maybe I was in shock, but the first thing I thought was "Oh shit, Mom's gonna be so mad." I don't miss him, but the effect his suicide has had on my mother has filled me with plenty of unresolved anger.

Suicide doesn't make the pain go away. It just gives it to the people who love you.
>>
>>46782062
Is the effect uncontrolled that it is active when I sleep? Or is it always active no exception?
>>
>>46780224
My father and mother used to beat the shit out of me with anything they could think of. I slept on the porch most of the time because they wouldn't let me in the house.

My father, to this day, scares me. He is the nicest human I will ever meet, and the most terrifying.
>>
Once when I visiting my mum 1 year old half sister with my 6 year old brother, I had to hide us in a closet while my mum's current boyfriend beat the shit out her, before she stabbed him and he in turn threw her off the balcony onto her car. I then drove her to hospital, whilst I was like 12 at the time (this was before I got a phone and hers was fucked).

Alcoholics are perhaps the worst pair to date each other
>>
>>46782109
Always active. The only part you have any control over is the "focused kill" part.
>>
>>46782102
You have the power to make people become hated. Kinda hard to explain.

The target is suddenly treated by everyone around them (except you - you're immune to your own power) as if they were a complete and irredeemable monster. The target will be treated the way anyone treats the person they absolutely hate the most. Depending on who's around the target, others (including allies) may immediately attack them out of blind rage. Or, they might just refuse to help them. Lasts as long as you concentrate on the subject.

It is possible for you to select yourself as the target of your own ability.
>>
>>46782086
You're already nerd who spends all his time at his computer, jackass.
>>
>>46781957
You have gained the ability to shear through material with swipes of space rending claws. These claws can be projected from yourself and used up close, or you can create swipes of reality-erasing energy. This is a striker/blaster power resulting from both the direct, in your face threat and the feeling of being staled/surrounded.

>>46781961
You have gained the ability to at a touch, pull strips of skin off of other people with ease, like unwrapping a candy bar. This is a striker power resulting from the direct, up close and in your face nature of your trigger.

>>46781962
See >>46782092, it's a fitting little Brute power resulting from the intense pain you underwent. Good job, senpai.

>>46782102
You've gained the ability to determine when people are most likely going to die, in the form of a countdown timer that can be summoned as an overlay to your vision. Your actions can affect these timers and cause them to reset. You cannot see when you'll die. This is a thinker ability resulting from the mental stress you underwent from the suicide.

>>46782117
You have gained the ability of potent regeneration, as well as "infectious flesh" that literally allows your cast off blood and body parts to graft themselves onto others and infect them with your will. It doesn't last forever, but it allows you control the minds infected by your flesh for a time. This is a Brute/Master ability resulting from the physical pain/damage but also from the isolation/exile aspect which gave the Master component.
>>
>>46781961
You're Isaac from Heroes. You're an alcoholic and you pretty much can only paint when you're wasted.
>>
>>46782363
>You have gained the ability to at a touch, pull strips of skin off of other people with ease, like unwrapping a candy bar. This is a striker power resulting from the direct, up close and in your face nature of your trigger.
I can see the person with this power collecting the skin of heavily tattooed people as art. He can be considered a "hero" because a lot of thugs also happen to have tattoos.
>>
>>46781767
You have the power to create an unbreakable tether between two objects. The tether dissolves after a few minutes when exposed to water/liquid, but is otherwise Indestructible with a capital I.
>>
>>46781767
You gain the power of aquakinesis and increased speed while submerged in water. Probably. I'm not OP.
>>
>>46782149
Your mom probably triggered from that as well as you. She received a shaker ability that grants her the ability to suspend gravity in an area around her and choose how it affects her bodily in the area. This is a shaker power resulting from being thrown off a fucking balcony. That's fucked.

You on the other hand gain the ability to fly by changing your relationship with gravity, allowing you to rapidly swim through the air. Be warned, you do not have any invulnerability. This is a Mover ability stemming from the need to get somewhere fast.
>>
>>46782465
>>46782461

Both of these are actually okay! I'm not mad you guys are chilling in this thread. If you wanna grab a namefag handle and join in you're more than welcome. Pick a place from mythology, as we're taking on the role of the Entities in Worm. Asgard, Gehenna, something like that.

As for >>46781767

You have gained the ability to make tendrils and tentacles out of water that can lash and bind others. You can only pull them from open sources of water and do not generate more than is present but the water you are utilizing is tougher and more difficult to break from than it should be. This is a Shaker power resulting from the environmental nature of your trigger event.
>>
>>46782447
Unless he just specializes in taking out thugs, I think he'd be a bit too scary to be a "hero" by any stretch.

Oooh, imagine a neo-nazi hunter or something who collects swastika tattoos and things like that, takes trophies from the fuckers he kills. A total psychopathic vigilante but OSTENSIBLY a "good guy".
>>
>>46782531
I'm not putting on a name and I don't need your permission to post in your thread, OP. There is at least one noteworthy forum community that operates like that if that's how you insist on doing things.
>>
>>46782604
I didn't say you had to, but I was attempting to at least be friendly.

Go suck a fucking cock you rude sack of fuck trash.
>>
>>46782631
You triggered me.
>>
>>46782631
Good. OP knows how this works.
>>
>>46782604
Fuck off dude. Completely uncalled for. People like you are ruining this board
>>
>>46780224

A family throws a party and invites a friend of theirs. He has a little too much to drink, so they set out some blankets and pillows on the couch for him to crash on.

He wakes up in the middle of the night and rapes their daughter.

I had to cover the story.
>>
I once shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
>>
>>46780224
How about being shat on, abused and betrayed by literally every human being I've ever allowed into my life?
>>
>>46782697
Anon you really are sending mixed signals, you want nice, you don't want nice...

>>46782704
Not my first time cruisin' the boards and I generally try to be a decent guy when I'm putting on a thread like this. Be nice as an OP or Draw/Writefag and it tends to cut back on people being shitters to you.

>>46782731
You have gained the ability to see what people are the most proud of and most ashamed of. You can see their greatest and worst moments and see what greatness they've achieved and the sins they've committed. This is a Thinker power resulting from the psychological trauma you experienced when covering the story.

>>46782734
You've gained the ability to hang your head when you hear that whistle blowin'.
>>
>>46782731
Does the man, the family, or the daughter get the super powers?
>>
Once, I was dicking around trying to fix a drinking water fountain and reached under it, touched an exposed cable, and electrocuted myself. That shit sucks.

Every time I get black out drunk, I wake up with a minor injury. I am also extremely good at breaking down doors while blackout drunk. Literal doors, not social ones. It's caused some problems.

I've had actual traumatic things happen to me too, but it feels too weird typing them out in this thread.
>>
File: 33245715_p0.jpg (600 KB, 951x1112) Image search: [Google]
33245715_p0.jpg
600 KB, 951x1112
>>46782631
I just want to say that "sack of fuck trash" made me laugh. This is now my name for the rest of the thread.
>>
File: 1429921115704.jpg (10 KB, 211x239) Image search: [Google]
1429921115704.jpg
10 KB, 211x239
when i was 15 i feel in love with a girl hard, after a year i worked up enough courage to ask her to prom. her response was that she wasn't going because she had a required college seminar. rather heartbroken i went alone, when i got there i found that she instead went with a lifelong pain in the dick of mine who had been messing with my self esteem for years
>>
>>46781885
>You've gained the ability to rapidly skate on a frictionless cushion of force, allowing you to skim over any surface at a high speed.
This is awesome, except for that whole "Terrified of hydroplaning" thing I have now. Maybe with enough exposure therapy I'll be good.
>>
>>46782836
Elaborate and I'll hook you up in a heartbeat.

>>46782843
I never considered that. For the time being, let's just say that anon was the only one who had the potential to gain them due to falling in a certain percent of people.

>>46782857
That's okay dude this shit can be kind of heavy and you don't need to feel obligated to share personal stuff. For some people it helps get it off the chest anonymously, and they get a neat new character concept or two to boot.

As for your power you've been given the ability to drain energy at a touch as a result of the shock. It's not terribly strong and generally just makes people very cold and sleepy when you use it on them. This is a Striker power resulting from the contact-based nature of your trigger.

>>46782950
That's the delicious irony of it all, isn't it.
>>
>>46782971
>Elaborate
How much more elaborate does it have to get? People are shit. Your closest friend will throw you under a bus for a fucking nickel. There are literally ZERO people from my entire history of life on this planet whom I would trust to not spend $100 if I put it in their hands for safekeeping. Everyone I have ever known and allowed myself to trust has pretty much done everything in their power to fuck me over. My own grandmother used to steal money from me. Of course, it's not just money, but it's always impressed me how cheap blood or friendship is when it involves dirty paper with green ink. And in my experience, most people's price for betrayal is really pretty sadly low.
>>
>>46782921
As long as we're cool, Sack.

>>46782948
You have gained the ability to become invisible and inaudible as well as intangible. While this power is active you for all intents and purposes do not exist to the world. However there's a little bit of lag time when switching in and out of this state and you can't be in the form too long. This is a Stranger/Breaker power resulting from the abstract stress of betrayal (Breaker) and the negative attention of an individual or group (Stranger).
>>
Hey, you haven't told us what your trauma is, OP.

Dish.
>>
>>46783044
Do you have some sort of chart to refer to?>>46783085
Fucktrash Sack is right, OP
>>
>>46783035
I just meant like a specific event, but if I were going to guess I would say you'd probably have some sort of Tinker/Master ability as a result of reoccurring, compounding mental stress and your sense of isolation due to your distaste and mistrust of others.

You would gain the ability to create robotic minions for yourself, always reliable and selfless. These minions would most easily take the form of humanoid, faceless automata.
>>
Spent the past year flirting on and off with a girl and after a climactic moment of her and I milliseconds from becoming something, she drops on me that she's dating the guy I JUST invited to my D&D session.
>>
>>46780224
I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease when I was in college. Basically it makes it so your stomach gives you intense waves of nauseating pain at random intervals, and you don't want to eat anything because that just makes the pain come more often. But it comes whether you eat or not.
I experienced a spiritually crushing sensation I call anti-hunger; it's not that you don't want to eat, it's that you want to Not Eat. Even having my favorite food waved under my nose wasn't appetizing. It was unappetizing, even.
There's nothing you can do about the pain. It comes when it pleases, as if your stomach has been taken hostage by a sadistic demon inside it. All you can do is stop whatever you were in the middle of doing and double over, or if there's a couch or bed, curl up in a ball and close your eyes and wait for it to pass. This was my experience every fucking day for years.

The breaking point was when I realized I had lost so much weight from not eating anything, I was down to 100lbs. I looked at myself in the mirror shirtless and I looked like a fucking holocaust victim. It really hit home that I was slowly dying and I started crying.
>>
>>46783137
I can't think of anything that's not a rip off of Echidna.
>>
>>46783105
Kind of. I'm using the very rough guidelines given in the Weaver Dice rulebook as well as my personal understanding of the power system in Worm.

>>46783085
That's a little tricky. In the 7th grade, my leg was impaled by a bike handlebar after an accident, missing my femoral artery by about an inch.

When I was a junior in high school, I was depressed enough that some days I'd come home from the school and stare at my ceiling until I was tired enough that I just fell asleep. It wasnt always that bad but I wasted all my time, which meant that I did horribly in school, which pissed off my parents and made me more depressed.

The first one would probably give me some sort of brute ability, probably enhanced density of flesh a la Luke Cage.

The second would probably be a Tinker ability of some sort, possibly an ability in coding or computer Tinkering due to me wasting so much fuckdamned time on the internet. That or something like String Theory, where I could make a variety of objects but only in a limited time frame forcing me to manage my time and resources effectively.
>>
File: esophagullet.png (435 KB, 548x800) Image search: [Google]
esophagullet.png
435 KB, 548x800
>>46783137
You have gained the ability to transform into a massive, consumptive creature. This Changer form is quadrapedal, with a massive mouth full of blender-like pulping teeth that can tear through damn near everything. A prehensile tounge can drag objects into your maw, and what isn't destroyed by the onslaught of the teeth is taken apart in the powerful acid you are able to spit.

This form is a Changer ability, stemming from your issue with your personal body and your bodily image, as well as a Brute due to the pain.

Pic somewhat related, Bogleech is an SJW cuck but the fucker knows his monsters.
>>
For me it was that my 9 months of living with my dad was a buildup of abandonment, where I did everything and anything to garner some form of familial love, and it all accumulated to a final breaking after a terrible weekend with my mother. I got alone in my room and began taking any and all pills to kill myself. My grandmother came into the room and noticed this, as a response, she got pissed at me and told me how much i was a disgrace to everyone I knew and how all I've ever done in my life was use air. I still think about that when I'm alone.
>>
>>46783137
You can gain a striker ability to drain the vitality of others. With a simple touch, their body withers and yours fills, allowing you to quickly heal wounds. Draining someone even when your "full" allows you to temporarily gain superhuman strength and healing.

It is very easy to kill with your power and those you use it on often will require months to heal, if they even can.
>>
>>46783334
You have gained the ability to develop an assortment of biology altering substances ranging from regenerative serums to super-steroids to even substances that could temporarily grant what essentially amounts to low level powers. You are a Tinker, as a result of the long-boiling nature of your trigger and the difficult to escape scenario you were put in.
>>
>>46783197
I don't know who you're specifically referring to by that. The mythological mother of all monsters?

I actually did try to make some characters based off my crohns disease a couple times. One was an Oracle with a horribly crippling curse he could share with his enemies.
The other was a gentle paladin with an uncurable affliction that would cause him to randomly lash out with hateful outbursts, and was looking to heroically sacrifice himself in battle before he ended up doing anything dishonorable.

>>46783304
>>46783378

These are super rad as fuck
>>
With the powers you have received....what would you do with them? Would you become a hero? Or a villain? Someone entirely self serving? An entertainer? Morally grey mercenary?
>>
Nit as bad as some others, but in high school I had undiagnosed ADHD (diagnosed and medicated now) that kept me from studying. This, combined with a desire to do well in school, lead to stress and situational depression as the distance between 'should be' and 'is' grew larger. It culminated in getting a "C" on a Math test and getting yelled at by my parents before going to my room, where I cut myself and cried.
>>
>>46783123
You're really not that far off.
>>
>>46783446
As mentioned previously, I feel you man.

You have gained the ability to create powerful analytical equipment and sensors able to detect very slight things like changes in heartbeat and body language in order to read others, or biology-scanning equipment to diagnose diseases/injuries. You can create the scouter, that determines that the endbringer does in fact have a power level surpassing 9000. This is a Tinker ability stemming from the long slow burn/gradual progression of your trigger, a difficult to solve problem with a boiling over point.
>>
When I was very young, I was left alone in a pool. I liked holding onto the edge and going deeper, but one time I couldn't grab onto the edge and almost drowned.
Luckily, someone pulled me out before that happened. I vaguely remember trying to yell, but being unable to because of the water
>>
>>46783544
The ability to seek the answer that I was denied. You're good at getting to the heart of things.
>>
>>46783431
Echidna is a villain in Worm with a very dangerous ability and a horrifying hunger for flesh.

Also I'm glad you like it.

>>46783563
Well, you were quite young, so in this reality you spent your childhood with the ability to attune to water and use it as a sort of medium to convey sound. Essentially your power lets you use water like a speaker and speak/play music through it by vibrating it at certain wavelengths. You can also use water as a medium for powerful sonic bursts. This is a shaker power resulting from the environmental nature of your trigger.

>>46783579
Thank you. I try to understand what makes people pick this when I model them and then work from there.
>>
>>46783431
In Worm, Echidna power is to absorb all biological material. She is constantly hungry and her power is slowly making her insane. If she absorbs a person, she can create clones of them that try to kill everyone close to their original selves. Clones of capes have powers that are very similar if slightly different.
>>
way back in high school, i had this huge anxiety attack out of nowhere that had me shaking and losing my shit with a knife to my own chest to losing all perception of memory. the next thing i remember was being crouched in an alley in my town crying and babbling to myself.

i've been pretty severely depressed for years and i've gotten real close to breakdowns like that but never again to the point where i blacked out.
>>
>>46783756
You have gained the ability to sit back and watch as your body essentially goes on autopilot to complete a task. Pain and discomfort become nonissues while you're in this zoned out state as your body pushes itself to complete the task with only regard to your personal safety. You won't mutilate yourself when on autopilot and can regain control of your body at any time. It is possessed with great dexterity and coordination, but has a rather simplistic and mechanical thought process and in fact cannot speak. This Thinker power is a result of rapid onset psychological stress.

>>46783751
Those similar powers are just other powers their shards could have produced under differing circumstances.
>>
>>46783563
Your power is a shaker ability to create waves of telekinetic force. You can "ride" these waves, but they don't not have a great deal of finesse (you basically can fling yourself, not fly). You can create "standing waves" of force, but they require your full concentration and will continue moving once you lose focus. While they have a wide spread, they do not travel far (15 ft max spread, 30-40 feet range).
>>
I was emotionally, physically, and sexually abused by my father.

I'd rather not go into details.
>>
Once when I was 9 I knocked a vase over at a friends house and he got yelled at for it, this haunts me to this day

true story it's one of those little things that happened in my youth that for some reason I can never forget so it counts as minor trauma
>>
>>46783961

You have gained the ability to assume a shadowy, indistinct, and stealthy but massive form. In this form you are superhumanly strong, durable, and regenerative, and are difficult to perceive. You are also able to fix yourself in one place and wait for extended periods of time without being bored, entering a form of predatory patient stasis.

This is a Stranger/Brute/Breaker power resulting from the negative attention of another, the physical abuse and the sexual abuse respectively.

If I were you I would have hunted his ass, became something out of a nightmare for him and all of the rest like him.
>>
>>46783840
I am aware, I was aiming for a more simplistic explanation.

>>46783756
You gain the ability to see "shadow men", twisted spectres that follow people around. Their form reflect what that person's fears are and you can allow these shadow men to possess you. While possessed, you blackout and your body transforms to some new form based around your targets fears. The possessing shadow man is focused on hurting and terrorizing its owner. After a certain amount of time you regain control and your body returns to normal.
>>
>>46784026
You're probably a second or third generation cape then, so it's more up to what's happened to your parents.

Have they had any traumas?
>>
>>46784057
nervous breakdown anon here, unnaturally good call with the shadow men, i neglected to mention the breakdown involved seeing and hearing shit out of the corner of my senses for a while
>>
>>46784075
>>46784057

That is good shit. I thought mine was damn good but fuck, this one's even better.
>>
>>46784075
I had a friend who went through something similar, though less severe. That power is actually really creepy in my opinion, might do a little writefaggotry for it.
>>
>My family has had no traumas other than being poor

Mums side is a bunch of coal miners that lived into their 90's and my dad's side are poor farmers. All deaths have been health related and we knew months if not years in advance and even back in the wars my family was either non-participant because farmers/lawmen are still needed during the war or they were cooks in the navy and never saw actual combat. Hell my grandpa was around for those shitty don't look directly at the blast stage of nuclear testing and he's an 86 year old chain smoker with no cancer.
>>
>>46784149
meant for
>>46784070
>>
>>46784149
Hrm.

Tough to break to you friend, but you probably wouldn't get powers in this world. Unless you were attacked by a superpowered being or something else that was changed due to butterflies.
>>
>>46780224
I fell off a ski lift when I was a kid. Ended up getting stuck in powder for a while before ski patrol came around
>>
File: Zardoz-1.jpg (108 KB, 970x544) Image search: [Google]
Zardoz-1.jpg
108 KB, 970x544
>>46780224
When I was 5 and living in Mississippi, I caught Lime Disease. They took me to the hospital for treatment and vaccines. I got saddled with a trainee nurse, who could find a vein even if she had a map.

She kept stabbing me and stabbing me with the needle, and I screamed so much that eventually my mom bust right into the room. She grabbed the needle, administered the vaccine herself (she used to do Triage when she was in Kurdistan and Iraq during her active duty years, as well as welfare aid in Guatamala, Guantanamo Bay, and Honduras. Before the military, she worked at a Morgue for Kansas City Police), threw the nurse out of the room, then called down the doctors and tore them a new one.

Ever since then, I've had a compulsive fear of shots, hospitals, and having any foreign object going under my skin. I still have to look away and bite on my shirt when I go to get yearly shots.

I also developed afear of parasites as well, which was compounded by my fear of bugs when the house had a massive palmetto infestation. I eventually got over said fear of bugs (mom forced me to take beekeeping lessons) but to this day I still feel incredibly queasy when looking at and discussing parasites, which is a ironic considering I'm a Wildlife Biology major.
>>
>>46784236
You've gained the ability to generate a heat-banishing field around yourself, essentially rapidly blasting out a burst of heat around you that leaves behind a super-chilled bubble that surrounds you. Anything not scorched in the intial blast is then frozen in the 5 Kelvin field.
>>
>>46784275
You've gained the ability to at a touch, leech away the health and vitality of others. The power starts off as just energy but can if given long enough allow you to absorb another person Baccano! style, making you stronger, more durable and regenerative.

This is a striker brute ability stemming from the initial pain of the trigger, and the up close and direct threat.

That's kind of a fucked up power to grow up with.
>>
Arm cancer that eventually ended with the loss of a couple muscles in my arm that contained the tumors
>>
Alright, /tg/ it's been a lot of fun but I've got to wake up at 6 tommorow and it's midnight here on the east coast, so I'm going to see you guys later.

I will probably be back tommorow, and in the future maybe will produce some writefaggotry content for the growing CapeChan universe this is producing.
>>
>>46782117
>My father, to this day, scares me. He is the nicest human I will ever meet, and the most terrifying.
Alright anon, if you're still here or ever come back, I'm curious as to how this is true
>>
>>46784358
Okay, one more.

You have gained the ability to transform your limbs into organic weaponry ranging from chainsaws made of muscle and teeth to massive blades made of bone to even sphincter-like guns that fire stones/rubble/bile.

This is a changer power resulting from a bodily issue.
>>
>>46784337
>Trauma was caused by a disease carried by a tick
>I have the powers of an energy tick
>tfw I hate seeing people hurt or I'll IRL, and I always try to live my life with no debt and with all obligations fulfilled
>I am a literal energy parasite
I HAVE BECOME THAT WHICH I HATE!
NO JOHN, YOU ARE THE MONSTERS!

Granted, super hero who hates and despises his own powers and constantly restricts himself is one of my favorite archetypes.
>>
>>46784106
Alright, I finished writing, anyone interested in it?

>>46784275
Your skin has become thick and rubber. Blades and needles now bounce of your skin, and even bullets lose most of their energy piercing it. Outside of the palms of your hands and feet your skin is also slick, making it difficult for anything to hold on.
>>
>>46784517
Meant thick and rubbery.
>>
>>46784517
Fuck it I will post it anyway.

You keep quiet and look straight ahead. It doesn't help. They know you can see them. It amuses them; you can seem them grin out of the corner of your eye, hear them cackle as you walk through the halls. They know you can see them and they don't care. You keep telling yourself that they aren't real, they are just how your brain processes your power. That twisted skeleton covered in burnt meat, dripping fat onto the floor behind Parker isn't real. That odor of charred meat, like pork that has been left in the oven too long, is just your brain fucking with you. It doesn't help. They are everywhere, the shadow men, always staying behind their prey. Sometimes you can see them act, claw at their victim's brain or whisper poison into their ears. The worst is you know yours is right behind you. You can feel it sometimes, breathing on your neck, or hear the floor boards creak under its weight at home. You have been avoid mirrors since you discovered your powers. You don't want to know what lurks behind you; but sometimes...sometimes you hear a little whisper in your ear telling you to look. After all, what is the worst that could happen?
>>
>>46780224
I'll bite.
When I was 7 I was going to a field trip at the Wave water park. As I went into the Lazy River from their body slide I was thrown underwater, but check this, there were so many fat fucks in innertubes I couldn't resurface to breathe. And because the lazy river's current slowly pushes you the fucking people moved with me like some kind of fucking barrier. I actually almost drowned, it's pretty pathetic, I don't even remember who pulled me out after I swallowed half the pool because I was blacking out. Oh, and once when I was snorkeling in a beach in Spain I got caught in the tentacles of a Portugese Man'o War jellyfish. I have neve been in so much fucking pain in my entire life.
>>
My mother once starved me for seven months because she decided i was to fat. I lived off of scraps and water.
>>
My entire childhood i never really had a friend or anyone to talk to or any significant human connection.
My Mom and Dad were always at work. When they are at home they usually berate or beat me. In school from kindergarden up until early high school i was bullied heavily, due to being the class bitch for decades its not really that attractive to be a friend of said person. I never had a real person to tallk till i was in senior high and never had a girlfriend and or had sex till college.i was socially retarded up until second year college because of the lack of ability of learning how to be social
>>
I don't have anything traumatic, but I suppose seeing all the terrible things people go through here and throughout the world, and not being able to do anything about it, it just sucks, I don't know how to describe it, making people happy or comforted is one of the single most joyous things to do for a person, and to be unable to do that, it feels terrible.
I realize it sounds incredibly self-fellatiating to say something like this, but I feel like I should
>>
>>46784762
Your body can now produce a fast-acting, highly acidic mucus from your skin. Your blood is also now acidic, making you immune to most toxins.

>>46784765
You have complete control over your body. You move now with uncanny grace, require little subsistence, and are always aware of your surroundings.

>>46784803
Your power allows you to create snake-like creatures. Although small and unobtrusive, they are almost as intelligent as a human and fanatically loyal to you.
>>
I was raped by who was then my meth dealer and his friend (while I was roofied).
>>
>>46785030
So just like OP, I need to head off. I got a test tomorrow and I haven't studied at all. I didn't post my trauma above, but I got a pretty bad case of depression. No singular event, nothing bad enough to cause a trigger event, just drained and unhappy for the past two years.
>>
I stubbed my toe.
>>
>>46783035
The key anon, is not to find a rock, it's to BE a rock. Birds of a feather flock together, and like minded individuals will be drawn to you.

That doesn't mean get walked on though, cut people out the minute they they fuck you. Have no tolerance for those types of transgressions, as they reveal an individuals true character. Just remember that the fastest way to get someone to screw you is to act like you're expecting it to happen. Expect the best of people and they'll be drawn to live up to your expectations.

Sounds like you've had a bad go of it. Best of luck.
>>
>>46785568
>Birds of a feather flock together, and like minded individuals will be drawn to you.
There are no like minded individuals. If nearly 35 years of misery have taught me anything, it's that I really am my own best company. Other people are duplicitous, untrustworthy, and worst of all just plain uninteresting. Maybe if they were exciting or knowledgable or funny or engaging in any way whatsover, the constant betrayals and games and stupidity would be worth it. But it's not. Because they're not. I don't even like humans anymore. Emotionally, I'm long past wanting anything to do with them at all. It's just that mentally, isolation drives me insane. One day I hope to train myself out of that. If I do, I'll never have anything to do with anyone ever again, and be infinitely better off for it.

>That doesn't mean get walked on though, cut people out the minute they they fuck you.
Long past that. I don't speak to anyone anymore. And I'm so fast at detecting personality flaws and bullshit now that people only get about 10 minutes trying to buffalo me before I get the whiff of crazy, evil and stupid and send them packing before they get to know me. And when I say this, I don't mean I'm imaging flaws in them or projecting. I mean I'm looking through them like glass, and they all look and smell like shit. I deal with a small handful of people on a regular basis to whom I'm polite, but that's it. Humans just aren't worth getting to know. Even if you can tolerate their ridiculous cartoonish villainy, there's no depth, no ultimate reward for the trouble.

>Have no tolerance for those types of transgressions, as they reveal an individuals true character.
I don't need transgressions anymore. I know all the warning signs now and can spot them within the first encounter.
>>
>>46785568
>>46785773
>Just remember that the fastest way to get someone to screw you is to act like you're expecting it to happen.
Bullshit
>Expect the best of people and they'll be drawn to live up to your expectations.
More bullshit. What people are drawn to is vice and they won't stop whether you expect it of them or not. You have no idea what the hell you're talking about. And the sad thing is, you probably never will because you share their flaws. I don't. And I don't have any need to tolerate them anymore. So I don't.

>Sounds like you've had a bad go of it. Best of luck.
I haven't had a "bad go of it". I belong to a bad species. Humanity is causing a mass extinction event and only a vanishing minority of you even acknowledge it's happening - and even few of you give a fuck. Humanity is LITERALLY an enemy of all life in the cosmos.

And it doesn't care.

That's all I need to know to write off humans forever.
>>
>>46780224
Dad became a drug addict, mum left him when I was 4, didn't see him again until I was 17, meanwhile she went out with two terrible aggressive niggers and had a few other children, my dad dies from overdose shortly before I turn 18 and I inherit his reallyyyyyy big house, get in touch with grandmother on his side again, fucks up again after they don't give a shit, despite all the stress and bullshit I manage to get into cambridge uni, also still feeling bad after a break up and longing for that person almost 1 year on
>>
>>46785773
>>46785808
Fuck off, you egocentric, arrogant piece of trash of a human being. You claim to stand up on a higher pedestal on those around you, when you are no better, and in fact may be worse, than them. I'm sorry for whatever happened to you, but until you stop playing at Atlas and being a self-righteous, pity-wallowing piece of human garbage, I will not pity you, I will not respect you, and I will not care for you, and neither will anybody, or anything. You forsake the world due to the so-called blight of humanity, yet you do nothing, absolutely nothing, to cure it, instead deciding to be priest of no god but yourself and your nihilistic philosophy. Get the fuck off your ass and do something anon, instead of being a whiny inconsiderate bitch about it.
>>
>>46786278
A lot of big words in that little rant. Care to try again with someone who cares?
>>
>>46786278
>yet you do nothing, absolutely nothing, to cure it
Oh, and I am a rock. And at my earliest opportunity, I'll smash in humanity's collective head. How's that for a positive change?
>>
I lost both my legs and my eyesight in a car crash after I drove off an eight foot drop swerving out of the way of a flipping semi truck. Semi driver was unharmed and saved my life.
>>
>>46786332
If you were actually willing to do it anon, then sure, at least you'd stop thinking the world owed you something and bitching about it, doing nothing. It'd be a positive change for you.
>>
>>46786478
I haven't done it because I haven't had the opportunity to yet. When I do I will. Exterminating a global pestilence isn't exactly easy.
>>
>>46786527
le edgy I hate humans meme
>>
>>46786527
Really? In 35+ years of life you haven't had the magical opportunity happen to you yet? Or maybe there hasn't been any because you were too busy complaining, and not working at it. Anon you're not a unique case here compared to a good amount of other people, just a more extreme version, and it doesn't give you a higher privilege than them.
>>
>>46786571
>Humans dindu nuffin!

>>46786598
Arranging the extinction of a cosmopolitan species isn't easy.

>Anon you're not a unique case here compared to a good amount of other people
Good to know. I gladly welcome any assistance.
>>
>>46786632
backwards unloved autist hates entire human race

no surprise there you fucking cliche, I thought people grew out of "i hate people XD" at 15
>>
>>46780224
I have a bad scar in my left wrist. It was my first job, was a scrapper. Basically was pulling down on some glass (wearing gloves safety first) and my hand slipped cutting up my forearm. The Oh, fuck! moment for me looking back, should have been when I watched the darkest blood I've seen goop up at my wrist. Never got stitches, but I did get a tattoo turning the (now shrinking) scar into a Smiley face.
>>
>>46780467
>>46780546
Just make sure it's fire proof, Hero.
>>
>>46780224
My bipolar father threw me into a pool when I was very young and couldn't swim. I almost drowned, but my uncle dived in and pulled me out.
>>
I have diagnosed PTSD from watching a man burn to death in front of his wife, while he clung to my partner and tried to call for his mother on ruined, melted vocal cords. I was unable to help him, he was dead before his brain realized it and caught up, and some part of my mind felt guilty about that for a long time because helping was my job. There just wasn't anything a human being could have done.
>>
>>46784733
I like it. Good on you Anon.
>>
>>46788021
Thanks, it is the first piece of writefaggotry I've ever done.
>>
ITT: everything goes well until faggots try to give life advice.
>>
>>46788591
I think the real thing that killed it is OP went to bed and I left to study. Which I really should go back to doing, since I missed a lot of class and the test is in 9 hours.
>>
>>46785808
This guy would make an excellent robot army villain.
>>
I was a construction worker at a privately owned space station
One day while out on EVA the space suit I had been issued malfunctioned and I suffered severe oxygen deprivation and radiation poisoning before I made it back to the airlock
I survived, and I wasn't even really upset about the accident, shit happens, but what pushed me over the edge was when the company I worked for bribed the insurance office so that they didn't need to pay me compensation or even cover my massive hospital bill
>>
>>46785015
You'd probably buy a Cauldron Vial

>>46786250
You'd also likely be a Tinker with a Master aspect due to long burning difficult to resolve issues and a recurring sense of abandonment. Your specialty would come in the form of Drones, as in the actual like shoot ISIS Drones that would allow you to patrol a neighborhood by proxy.

>>46786415
You have gained superhuman strength and durability, however it comes in the form of you being able to incorporate and assimilate inorganic materials into your flesh, creating a Cyborg like armored body. This is a Brute ability stemming from the intense bodily harm as well as a Changer ability due to the bodily mutilation. The eyesight could probably be repaired.

>>46787606
You have the ability to harmlessly manipulate your own Blood. You cannot die of exsanguination due to your blood now more or less operating as a shapeshifting organism subservient to your will. It is unnaturally strong and fast. This is a form of Brute power, due to the visceral nature of your trigger.
>>
>>46781926
You're basically an Unknown Armies PC.
>>
>>46789064
You've gained the ability to become a powersink, soaking up any energy put at you. Heat, light, radiation, even Kinetic force (sometimes).This is due largely to the nonstandard nature of the stress leading up to your trigger, giving you a Breaker ability.

OP Here. I'll be around for a little bit as a mobilefag.
>>
>>46780224

This one time I was talking to a girl I liked but then the mexican food I had earlier started to buck and I farted. A little came out.
>>
>>46787896
You've gained the ability to treat everything around you like fluid candle wax, allowing you to do things like take flesh out with a swipe of your nails or pull someone's nose off their face. You're also able to do things like push your arm through a brick wall. This is a Breaker ability stemming from the nonstandard PTSD nature of your trigger.

>>46787677
You have the ability to create fields where no liquid or gas can actually enter, but you are not limited by any ban on affecting biological processes. If someone is forced through one of these fields they will turn into dusty dessicated jerky. This is a Shaker ability, an environmental or area based trigger.
>>
>>46785072
You have gained the ability to vibrate at an intense speed, as in intense enough to burn through most materials and break bones when you grapple others. This is a Breaker ability due to the unique circumstances of your trigger event, however as a result of being intoxicated during the trigger this power works way better when you're under the influence.

>>46789239
oh senpai

Your father is a parahuman with a lava based Shaker ability, and you've gained the ability to fire hot little spouts of molten rock from your hands.

(jk)
>>
File: triggered ptsd card.jpg (43 KB, 599x449) Image search: [Google]
triggered ptsd card.jpg
43 KB, 599x449
>this thread
>>
my father died when i was 10 there was a long battle with cancer, they thought they got it all but 2 months later it came back. the surgeries took more and more physically and mentally til both he and the family where more than a husk. there was another year as him a a cut up vegetable in a bed then death. this shook me to my core and have been slowly rebuilding my self. i have become fixated on entropy in relation to everything
>>
>>46780224

I have three incidents.

First one was a terrible car accident where my buddy was driving like a dumb ass and hit a hard turn going almost 70 miles an hour. We went flying and the car missed a telephone pole by about a foot. The car started rolling and I blacked out. When I came to I was hanging upsidedown by the seatbelt and had to kick my way out the front windshield. I made it out without a single scratch.

Second is I jokingly made a suicide pact with a friend. He actually ended up committing suicide. He never came off as depressed or anything, I feel guilty as hell. No one knows about this besides his ex girlfriend and me.

Third was being robbed at gunpoint. Wasn't paying attention to my surroundings and paid for it.
>>
When I was 16 I was sitting in my car in a drugstore parking lot waiting for a buddy. Saw some guy in his late 20s really lay into what I assume was his girlfriend, yelling, hitting, the whole nine. He went into the store, so I ran over to see if she was okay/needed me to call the police. She said she was fine, but it was pretty clear she wasn't. Tried to get her to come with me to the police station, boyfriend comes out of the store. I told him to go away or I'd call the police, he beat the fuck out of me.
>>
>>46780224
Nice, Weaver Dice.

true story:

Crossing the street with my little brother. Jaywalking b/c I'm in a hurry and don't want to detour to reach a crosswalk. Don't really look left or right.

Suddenly realize there's a car coming for us. I'm fast enough to jump backwards, my brother isn't. Car speeds off.

I didn't have a cellphone in those days. Have to sprint all the way home to tell parents what happened.
>>
File: 1442060246008.jpg (69 KB, 438x400) Image search: [Google]
1442060246008.jpg
69 KB, 438x400
>>46780224
While reading a lot of Lovecraft and a schizophrenic episode, witch came with loads of ideas and becoming very talkative, I had a complete psychotic break.
During the evening I started rambling incoherently and was taken in by an ambulance where they gave me an injection in my butt.
I don't remember where or when I woke up, my newest memories after that were from the isolation room where I stayed a week or two.
Then I moved to the "normal" psyche ward for a while which was a locked off section where you couldn't lock your room.
>>
>>46780224
One time I fucked a girl in the ass and she shat on my dick, pretty traumatic at the time
>>
>>46781757
Capes over Rain City Quest is set in the Worm-verse

episode 4 is this weekend.
>>
>>46780224
During primary all the other kids tried their best to leave me alone, successfully managing to do so for 2 years. Leaving me isolated as everyone kept their distance and left if I tried to join them.
This was as I was a dick at the time, doing stuff like pretending to cry to get another person's toy.
The school went through a card game phase with Pokemon cards. I had been collecting these cards and playing them with my brother.
Some kid then came up and said he'll be my friend if I give him a card. I did. Then came another and another till practically everyone was 'offering to be my friend'. I don't know why I was so happy at the time it was obvious what was happening.
The next day it went back to usual, except I denied my brothers request to play Pokemon for the first time
>>
>>46792667
Episode 5 actually, family.
>>
>>46787626
DIdn't help Hero too much, but then, what killed him kinda bypassed armour.
>>
>>46793685
whatevs whatevs.

man, your Canadian sporting goods stores are a lot more limited than I like...
>>
>>46793739
What are you looking for?

The only thing to my mind that is less abundant in Canada is guns, and even those aren't that hard if you know how to go about it.
>>
>>46780224
I used to play football in high school, and while going out for a pass, I spun to catch the ball, but my leg muscles locked up.

My body spun 180 degrees while my cleats on my right leg were still dug into the ground.

My tibia and fibula crossed over each other, and the larger tibia shattered the smalled fibula.

The force of the break was so great that the small bones in my foot were jostled out of place, and I required reconstructive surgery on my leg and foot.

I can walk and even run again after 4 years of physical therapy, but I still have a 14 inch titanium plate and 9 screws in my right leg, and a HUGE angry scar that extends from my right outside ankle to about 4 inches below my knee.

My leg aches when the barometric pressure or relative humidity raises.
>>
>>46789347
In setting there's a reason powers are granted to people like this. It's because the entity that grants powers is doing it as a gigantic experiment to try and achieve eternal life and possibly prevent the heat death of the universe. In order to do this it needs other species to experiment with the powers (it's not particularly creative that way) and interact with others in order to find novel new ways of using them. The way the Entity has decided to work this is to give powers to those most likely to generate conflict, as well as having the Shards work incrementally better for the host if they get into fights more often. So, loners, depressives and people having a generally shit life (also teenagers) are those mostly likely to get powers.
>>
>>46793794
equipment for a really fighty superpowered individual(thinker power, combat prowess+weakness detection)

the rub is that it's set in Not!Vancouver. additionally I personally am putting a hard restriction in my search to no online purchases, because any govt programmer can already link related searches, a tinker sure as hell can too.

it's an amusing challenge, reminds me of an extra credit assignment I had in college. except that was Batman, with a budget of $5000 and 35 pounds of gear or less.
>>
File: 379796-kyubey_super.jpg (9 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
379796-kyubey_super.jpg
9 KB, 600x337
>>46793814
This sounds strangely familiar for some reason
>>
>>46780224
I watched my dog get hit by a car and die, I was very young so this had a very big effect on me.

So the possibilities I can conceive are-
Time Travel(Go back in time and stop my sister from leaving the door open_
Teleportation(Would have been able to grab the dog before it got into the street)
Summon Cars(Make other people die the same way my dog did)
>>
>>46793868
Use a library computer, make a bunch of searches related to a few specific pieces of gear. Do the same thing for an entirely different few pieces of gear at an internet cafe, and so on.

Or, just walk down to a Sportchek. You could walk out 20 minutes later with:
Protective wear (hockey/football/lacrosse gear)
Weapon (baseball bat)
Base Costume (yoga/running/skiing clothes/balaclavas)
Plus an assortment of other doodads and utilities.

Anything you couldn't find there, you could find at Atmosphere (more climbing/hiking/alpine stuff)

Actual weapon weapons like guns/batons are a little trickier but still doable, there are local shops that sell them. Getting a license takes literal months though.

Did you have anything specific you couldn't find? I can probs help.
>>
>>46793685
Jim Mac! I love your quest.
>>
File: 96633648.png (193 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
96633648.png
193 KB, 400x400
>Try to think of a trauma to join thread
>Realize I can't recall anything bad that has had a lasting effect longer than 20 minutes
>Family members passing away have been uneventful and peaceful
>Only falls as far as accidents go
>Natural disasters don't count because back at home there's an earthquake/volcanic eruption/flood every week

Fuck why is my life so boring, I'm less than a background character.

Guess I'll go for imagined: how about... Being a child living in a simple wooden house during a great storm that ripped of the entire roof before his eyes and even lifted him of the ground for a couple of seconds before being grabbed by a parent?
>>
>>46794037
>online Purchase
>with a CREDIT CARD

>walk around a sportcheck
1.) what is that?
2.) the nearest sporting goods store to me sells Bows(-cross, -compound, recurve) and bow accessories, Guns(rilfes, shotguns, pistols carbines, Hi-capacity semi-autos like AR-15s as well), spears, rappelling gear, a staggering selection of machetes, rope, sports padding, binoculars, camouflage(both wilderness and urban), weight training gear, knives, martial arts equipment+weapons, bycicles, etc. etc. etc....
3.) if thats a distinctively northern chain of stores I don't have some of the important conceptual thought processes which are second nature to a Canadian(cold, wet weather)

I'm used to shopping in a south Texas Academy Sports and Outdoors store

>base costume
so far we've thrift-shopped that.
>weapons
the group was thinking a sensible T-top walking cane
>Protective wear
expense is an issue at this point

>sportcheck
>atmosphere
I'll have to check these next.

>weapons license
>laughing criminals.jpg
can you buy the actual things with cash and walk out of the store with them?

>specifics
Collapsible Batons, a short slim Machete(approx 9"-13" length for concealment and not getting a scabbard that trips us up if we need to move wierdly), cheap nearly disposable Grappling hooks, throwable weapons like Hurlbats/knives/tomahawks, probably a few other things.

oh and we're budget limited to basically nothing. we have approx $820 (>>46793685 CAD???) and an upcoming unspecified rent payment to make.
>>
>>46790958
You have gained the ability to "rent out" your body to a wide variety of personalities, all of which have wildly varied skill sets but each is a master at their craft. Killers, speakers, technicians, experts one and all but each with a personal quirk that can come off as jarring. This is a Thinker ability stemming from a mental ordeal that led to your trigger.

>>46791094
You have gained the ability to force codes and compunction on others at a touch, bestowing taboos on taking certain actions and causing them to obey a certain unbreakable compulsion even against their will. The most common way to do this is through, perhaps a handshake. It's a very subtle effect. This is a Striker/Master ability due to the direct nature of your trigger and the fact you were isolated in your guilt.

>>46791168
You have gained the ability of tactile telekinesis, essentially an inch thick range shell of POWERFUL TK, able to stop bullets. You don't have any actual super strength or durability but the tactile TK gives an impression of it. This is a Brute/Striker ability stemming from you getting the shit kicked out of you, which is a pain/physical damage based trigger coupled with a highly direct aggressor.
>>
>>46794388
So what do you plan on doing with all of these back stories and powers you've been collecting in this thread? Will it be anything we can see/have access to?

And what is all this Striker and Thinker stuff you keep talking about? Is it a preset system thing you have? Or is it from a Supers system, I wouldn't know since I've never played one.
>>
>>46794469
The classifications are from Worm, a web serial about supers that's finally starting to sew discussion on /tg/
>>
>>46794469
I will if you guys want put them all into a Google doc.

We can come up with a collective CapeChan universe.

The system I'm using is the Weaver Dice system, with 12 power classifications.

Mover - Teleportation, Superspeed, Flight, locomotion based powers.

Shaker - Area of effect powers, such as telekinesis or reality warping.

Brute - Strong, Durable, and/or regenerative.

Breaker - Changes the way physics affects yourself.

Master - Either mental domination of others or creation of minions through some means.

Blaster - A projectile attack such as lasers, fire, or spitting acid.

Tinker - Super scientists with a very specific specialty able to create impossible technology.

Thinker - Brain powers such as precognition, enhanced senses, or high powered deduction.

Striker - A power that works on a touch or contact.

Changer - A shapeshifting able to alter yourself.

Trump - A power about powers, strengthening, weakening, granting, removing, altering...

Stranger - A stealth or perception based ability.
>>
>>46780224
I was suffering from manic depression and crippling anxiety, so I attempted suicide by downing an entire bottle of clonazepam. I only survived because my brother called me while I was tripping and he had a friend come over to check on me. I woke up strapped to a gurney in a mental ward, belly full of charcoal to bind the poison
>>
>>46780224
My dad beat the shit out of me with the buckle end of one of those belts with those oversized rectangular buckles once, and now I can't remember much of my life prior to about midway through 8th grade.
>>
>>46794469
Worm is a web novel

the story is middle tier, but the setting is LITERAL GOD TIER for the most part.

https://parahumans.wordpress.com/table-of-contents/

it's about superheroes and villians
>>
>>46780224
The only thing I can think of is when I split my head open at the age of 3.

I don't even really remember what I was doing, but the stitches are there.

Things have otherwise been not as bad as they could have been.
>>
>>46794200
Don't worry you can buy a Cauldron Vial. Darkest Dungeon, my nigga.

>>46794021
You've gained the ability to communicate with animals, not like Dr. Dolittle but you have a distinctive understanding of what an animal is thinking. This is a Thinker power resulting from the mental stress of your trigger.

>>46793804

You have gained the ability to develop physical augmentation technology for yourself, allowing you to transhumanistically alter your body and make yourself a powerful cyborg. This is a Brute/Tinker power due to the physical injury you suffered through as well as the drawn out problem of your recovery.
>>
>>46780224
I was stabbed, electrocuted and fell off a cliff all in one day. A cactus cushioned my landing.
>>
My sister, who had the power to turn into a fox, killed herself when we were teenagers
>>
>>46794833
A little too young I think.

>>46794787
You have gained the ability to distended and contort your body harmlessly and freely in addition to enhanced strength/resistance to harm. This allows you to essentially become a one man torture rack and god of grappling, as well as the kind of puncher who can hit with pure whiplash. This is a Brute ability based in the physical injury based nature of your trigger.

>>46794709
You have gained the ability of highly powerfuk senses. Hearing, sight, taste, touch, and smell of such sophistication that you can determine the chemical composition of a substance with little observation. You're also given an increase in ability to handle sensory input, so you won't pass out if you smell a fart. This is a Thinker ability stemming from the distinctively mental stress of your trigger.
>>
>>46780224
So
I've been sexually molested by an older girl when i was 8.
bullied severely until high school because i was too kind, sucked at sports, and my mother was the only divorced person in my small hometown
My parents were autistic idiots that let all their stupid stuff fall on me
I've been sexually molested again around 13 by a stranger, and starting from 17 by my aunt, multiple times until i was 22
One of my best friends died of cancer some time after we had a fight, and no one said me anything. i discovered it almost a year later
Under the effects of drugs, i tried to hang myself naked in a hotel room in Bruxelles
Years later, i flipped out completely and become totally MAD because i realized my younger halfbrothers actually didn't hate everything, and their lives weren't destined to suck like mine
Then after getting kicked out of my mother's house (that i payed 50%), i lived with my father for six months, and i discovered he was even more retarded and bitter than me, plus oedipus complex and shit.
We tried to kill eachother like Four times, i left after breaking a hand on a Wall.

What super power do i get /tg/?
>>
Lets see i've died nearly three times. First i got bitten by a trapdoor spider on my left ankle...discovered after a week of lying in bed and having crazy fever...guess my body metabolizes that or i have resistance. Hit by car got up then went unconscious had only minor fractures, destroyed the cars windscreen and engine block.
Saw the golden door when i was out, and alot of dark stuff between me and it.
Third time got bit by venomous snake and rushed to hospital entire body felt like my blood turned to acid. Saw the door again.
>>
File: swNlDoE.jpg (101 KB, 640x853) Image search: [Google]
swNlDoE.jpg
101 KB, 640x853
>>46795262
>>
>>46795262
>>46795198

Which one was the worst?
>>
>>46795583
Well consider that living in the countryside I've been attacked and wounded by animals too, in addition of my cataclysmatic affettive situation.
Hornets and wasps: impossible to count, I've been poisoned so many times by imenoptera that it disappears after twenty minutes
Vipers: three times
Dogs: at least six times, last one being a german sheperd that almost tore the calf away from the leg
Bonus: two car crashes, one finger cut off defending myself from a knife and reattached surgically, hits by hammers, broom handles, a brick in the teeth, a hand pierced side from side by a nail
plus other stuff i forgot
>>
Have had asthma most of my life
Can't really think of any trauma other than that minor stuff.
>>
File: 1459145240125.gif (2 MB, 277x342) Image search: [Google]
1459145240125.gif
2 MB, 277x342
One night when I was 17 I was out on a walk super late because that's what angsty teens do. I heard an alarm from somewhere, a bell like when a bank is robbed. I immediately ran towards it, as I was lawful stupid at the time. Turns out I ran into a late-night robbery/break-in. Shattered window, two cars parked but on and ready to drive away, and movement inside the building. I yelled as loud as I could, swears, pleas, whatever I could. Almost as quickly as I yelled I was clocked in the back of the head and nearly lost my teeth on the concrete. As I tried to get back up a boot put itself on my spine, and the cold metal of a gun against the back of my head. The man said something along the lines of "Yell and you're dead kid." Being the smart-ass I was I said "Yeah silence me with your loud gun and see what happens fucker." That earned me a few cracked ribs. I got curb stomped and knocked unconscious before they drove away. Called the cops as soon as I was up but couldn't be any help since I didn't see license plate or anything. I don't think they ever got caught. To this day I'm beyond pissed I didn't do anything except get beaten by criminals.
>>
When I was younger, around 4 or 5, I was walking around my grandfather's house messing with outlets. I eventually got the idea to stick my finger in one (I had been using outlet covers before that) and got electrocuted. My grandfather got up and slapped my hand with a wooden spoon to break the circuit, and after he did I was flung backwards into his bed and I blacked out
>>
Gonna make something up.

I was married to a superheroine, had kids, kept everything separate from the cape life. Wife is a Tinker, specializing in light waves, though that doesn't matter right now. Kids haven't triggered yet, either.

So I come home and as I open the door, I'm greeted to The Mannequin's hand grabbing me by the neck and pulling me in. I scream for my wife, for my kids, but Mannequin starts going to work on me with his blades, and I'm helpless.

When I wake up in the hospital, I find out what he did.
>>
File: 1456243235604.jpg (148 KB, 915x873) Image search: [Google]
1456243235604.jpg
148 KB, 915x873
>>46794911
Assuming you're telling the truth:

>Ability to morph all hair into super-hard, bony scales of armor near instantaneously
>Ossification factor is only limited by the speed of human reaction
>Armor varies on the mohs scale of mineral hardness depending on concentration, experience, muscle-memory, and instinctual will for self-preservation
>After many years of learning to use your powers, you can make your natural body armor as strong and durable as plates of depleted uranium
>Technically speaking, scientists don't even KNOW if you have an upper limit to how hard your scales can get
>For all they know, at the rate you're developing, your scales could literally become the strongest material known to mankind
>With practice, your powers just keep growing and growing without showing any hint of a learning curve
>Due to the organic nature of your body armor, your scales are designed in such a way so that they mitigate most concussions, self-inflicted injuries, and near-fatal accidents, all while providing total, practical comfort
>If you apply the effort, you could even learn to turn your nails (or any bodily keratin) into powerful claws, capable of tearing through stone and metal
>You could even learn to direct the growth of your scales, allowing you to fashion horns, spikes, needles, and even as a party trick, you can try to learn how to craft perfectly square plates of keratin armor
>If you pull a scale out of your body while it's still hard, it will NOT revert back to normal body hair
>If you pluck a hair from your head and attempt to turn it into a super long needle, it will NOT work
>The hair must be on your body in order to be manipulated, but once it leaves your body, it is no longer "yours" to control
>Interestingly enough, despite all these incredible gifts, making your hair or nails grow any faster seems nearly impossible, no matter how much you try to learn how to do so
>It MIGHT be possible
>Who knows?
>>
>>46796533
My friend are you suicidal or just stupid?
Try helping old ladies cross the street next time.
>>
>>46796533
>>46797323
Ow this is a thread about superpowers. I should probably take more ten seconds to jump to a conclusion.
>>
OP Here, a bit busy right now, will try to catch up tonight.

How do you guys feel about the Google doc/CapeChan shit?
>>
>>46795198
>Ability to enter a dream-state at any given moment, and at any given time
>During this trance, your metabolism slows to an inhuman rate
>You don't need to eat, drink, pee, or sleep (duh) for insane periods of time
>I'm talking, like, weeks
>Maybe even months
>No one really knows how long you CAN go without dying, because no one's really needed to ask the question
>During these dream-like states, you control literally every aspect of the dream you desire
>You can create people you know
>You can summon people you don't
>You can kill off entire galaxies
>Or you can create whole universes
>There's no stopping you while you're in your dream-state
>In your own little world; You. Are. God.

I'm imagining a tragic character where his life was so shitty that he'd rather spend all his life dreaming about a better one, and instead of dreaming about revenge, or sex, or violence, instead he dreams about his own family, and his own house, and his own body, but this time, things went a little bit more differently.

Pretty much, a character who's so fed up with his own shitty life, that he spends the entirety of his second-chance trying to fix his old life and turning it into something everyone else would call "normal".

Because, you know. To him, our "normal" is his "paradise".
>>
>>46797451
I would prefer something like "go back in time and kill your parents before you're born"
>>
>>46797451
>to him, our "normal" is his "paradise".
You know, its so fucking pathetic and sad that's actually how it is. my deepest fantasies revolve around having a family and stable relationships
I actually like to look inside of people's windows at dinner time and imagine their family lives, that deep love bond i'll never get.
this wasn't a great day, but now it really sucks.
>>
>>46797246
Hot damn, I like it.
And yes, it was real. A very bad day for me.
>>
>>46796533
>Ability to literally "clone" yourself through a natural, though bizarre process
>Process comes as naturally to you as sex comes to a beast
>When the time comes, you just "know" what to do
>First, you cut yourself
>Of you just draw a little bit of blood from yourself, one way or another
>You can even store your blood in a packet or a vial or something, just as long as it's clean, unspoiled blood
>Then you ejaculate on it
>Just stick with me here
>After your ejaculate on your own blood, a clone will form. Rapidly.
>After just several hours, he will be as old as you, as mature as you, AND, he will share all the same memories, personalities, and desires as you
>Further more, you and your clone develop a hivemind, psychic link
>And your clone can make clones of his own
>And his clones can make clones of their own
>And so on and so forth
>And if one clone learns how to write with his left hand
>ALL of you learn how to write with your left hand
>If one of you, oh, I don't know, learns how to operate a sperm bank, a blood bank, and a laboratory all together and turns it into a high-end clone-mill to experiment upon, then ALL of you learn how to do that
>With experimentation, you find that using too much blood, too little blood, week old semen, day old semen, spit, saliva, hair, skin cells, spinal fluid, etc. creates slight variations in your clones, altering age, height, eye color, body type, pigmentation, and even the gender of your clones
>Straight up P in V sex with a consenting, Christian, Godly women (as Jesus intended), just results in a normal, non-clone baby after a 9 month gestation period
>Fucked up P in V sex with your cloned, female-reverse gendered version of yourself (with one green eye and one blue eye) not only makes God cry, it creates a strange clone of you which must be given birth to in a matter of hours
>I don't even know, man

Go be a hero, anon. Or rather, go be one hundred fifty-thousand, three-hundred thirty-nine heroes (and counting).
>>
>>46780224
I had my dreams and confidence shattered by the inability to move forward and I fell in to depression

also broke my left arm 2 times and my right leg when I was little
>>
>>46796694
I'm going to give you a pretty mild ability, but put in the right hands, you can do a lot of good with this one

>You know exactly how and why someone has died
>The answers just come to you, like you've always known
>It's almost as if your brain were suddenly made 300 times bigger, and all that extra space were used to document the death of EVERY. SINGLE. BEING on this planet who ever has died and who ever will die
>Tire tracks on dog carcass this morning? Ran over by a 2-ton car going 20 miles over the speed limit by a man named Jose Alderavos
>Jose Alderavos went missing yesterday? Man named John Wick killed him with a H&K, suppressed 9mm handgun that he bought from Walmart the other day
>You can go up to a dinosaur bone and tell the world's top paleontologists that their theories are shit and this velociraptor actually died because a thick cloud of carbon dioxide from a ruptured gas pocket suffocated it in it's sleep, you dumb IDIOTS
>You can solve crimes the world over and become famous
>You can revolutionize the world of law enforcement 100's of years ahead of it's time

>Or, you can use your knowledge of death to commit murder after murder after murder
>You can kill, and fuck, and steal like you were raised by the Zodiac and suckled by Hannibal
>You can plot, and slit, and thrust like you were possessed by the Iceman and make killing your Louvre
>Because you ARE every murderer, cannibal, and rapist to have ever lived
>You ARE every wayward car, Highschool sport, and vial of ebola wrapped into a human package
>You ARE death

What will you choose, anon? Life? Or death?
>>
>>46783224

You gave me a power in a past thread, so I will return the favour. Feel free to ignore this if you wish.

You have gained the Thinker power to selectively remove thoughts and emotions from your mind and attach them to a location.This allows you to access them again by being at that location and you are also able to undo this effect when you are there.

Using this power is usually quite draining for you but becomes significantly easier the more familiar you are with the location.
>>
>>46796810
>Your power to be "invincible" is only triggered so long as you have a will to live
>Nothing can harm you
>Nothing can stop you
>Scientists claim it's a bizarre, localized, telekinetic effect on your body that enables you to weigh several thousand tons without actually giving you any substantial mass, powered by your extreme emotional instability; but you know that's not actually what it is
>It's the power of revenge
>It's anger and violence and hatred, boiling forth from your gut, keeping you alive, powering your every step
>You should have died that day
>They should have killed you along with the wife and the kids
>But they didn't
>Because you can't die until they've all died horrible, painful deaths
>The doctors call you "The Patient"
>...Seems alright to me
>>
>>46797425
Iwanit.

Gib it to me.
>>
>>46780224
I've never really been through anything too traumatic, but I did have a small panic attack when I realized I had wasted an entire college semester by procrastination. I was really angry at myself for a few months after that realization and sorta lashed out at several relatives.
>>
>>46780224
Lost my mother to cancer before my second birthday, my dad then found my stepmum (who is a complete psycopath) i grow up loving her greatly as a naive child until one day after being brutally beaten in school that i was sad that i was being bullied, she told me straight in my face that "Speak to someone who cares, im not your mother and i will never be" totally crushing my heart
I went to bed countless times with an empty stomach because that "i dragged down the mood at the dinnertable" because i was seriously depressed because of bullying at school, their respone when i came home bloodied they just said "we dont want to listen to your shit". i got some serious mental abuse at home too, get told from stepmom that she rather have me and my older sister dead because we are in her way for a perfect life with dad and their children
Hit rock bottom at 12.5 y when my two year old half-blood sister almost dies when she got hit by a car (i love my siblings more than anything), my stepmom then takes the moment and blames me and threatens my dad that if he don't throw me out of the house, she will move and take my two younger half-blood siblings with her and he will never see them again.
i take the bullet, because i dont want my siblings to loose dad
Move to granny, she is struggeling to take care of her old mother and granpa who is in advanced alzheimers
later go on a skiing vacation with dad and older sister cuz' thats what familys are "supposed to do". break my wrist/arm in a crash, try to hold back tears from pain but i cannot, and my dad tells me to "stop being such a pussy" and he wont even give me a fucking aspirin even when my wrist was swollen and blue.
forces me to skii for the remainder of the vacation (3days)
refuses to take me to the doctor (even tho free healthcare, cus sweden fuck yes)
>wrist self heals in a matter of moths, a few bones fuse together wrong, my synovial cavity in my wrist was so fucked up i couldnt even do pushups, even less write.
>>
File: image.gif (58 KB, 752x752) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
58 KB, 752x752
>>46780224
>Cancer as a child
>cancer Mage
Could be worse
>>
File: amygdala.jpg (175 KB, 1024x773) Image search: [Google]
amygdala.jpg
175 KB, 1024x773
>>46798397
Ah, I'll give it the rating Brute Run.

>>46798426
Cookin' it up.

>>46791936
You have gained the ability to contort space. Essentially imagine two dots on a piece of paper and the sheet being crinkled so the dots touch. What others see is you as a blur zipping from point to point at high speed, but what you see are simple steps. This is a Mover ability stemming from your need to get somewhere and get somewhere fast.

>>46792169
You have gained the ability to conjure large, surreal creatures that seem to consist of a solid hologram like substance. These beings represent twisted approximations of human beings tinged with an indescribable aspect which causes everyone but you to feel intensely repulsed by them. If they take enough damage, they'll just dissociate and vanish. Pic related.
>>
>>46798499
That's...That's every college student ever though
>>
>>46792539
Imagine having to explain this trigger to your superhero boss.

You've by the way gained the ability to assume a Breaker state, a state similar to the Juggernaut where you can become an unstoppable force, punching through things and leaving you-sized holes in them. You're no brute, just a potent Breaker as a result of your...questionable trigger.
>>
>>46798648
>cant write for shit, even now, 8 years later
Started drinking at 14, at 15 almost died in an drug/alcohol overdose because my friends didnt want to call an ambulance, cause of fear from cops(it was they who spiced my drink without my concent btw) gave them the finger, started making new friends
i have tried all kinds of drugs, everything from LSD to cocaine to give me some kind of escape, but i never got hooked on that stuff, dont know why.
Have recived multiple deathhrets for trying to protect people from stuff like abusive relationships Etc.
>Have been stabbed for trying to protect people from abusive relationships
start to make new friends demanding 2 things.
1. Honesty. dont like when people talking shit behind my back, stab me in the front you weaklings
2. loyalty, i am there for you if you are there for me, nothing more, nothing less
things are getting better i think until a friend calls me on the phone crying, asks me to help him
>>
>>46780224
Living on a cow farm it was common place to get my ass handed to my by half a metric ton weighing beasts that are known to be rapid murderers. The one i remember the most is one time a cow tried to jump a fence post, only to be impaled on the damn thing. Me and my father were the only ones home as my mother and older brother were across the country for some reason or other and my little brother was a friend's house. Now the cow had tipped the fence down and a few cows managed to flee their captivity into the greener pasture of our backyard. As my father called up his cousin and some other farmers around the place to wrangle the loose bovines, i was given the task of keeping the impaled cow from bleeding by sticking my hand, gloved to the shoulder, inside the cow and keep squeezing the organ that got impaled while acting as a human tampon. While waiting for the vet, that was a goof 10 minutes away still on another farm, the horned monstrosity decided that it was too hurt not to start stampeding around our garden. I got a pretty good grip and as the muscles constricted my hand some more as it stood up, i was now a hand deep inside a cow unable to get it out. And it ran. It dragged me hopelessly around for a few minutes before collapsing from blood loss again. The damage was already done though. It had kicked me a couple of times, almost crushed my leg, my ankles were murdered by the gravelly ground and the blood now covered my face and i am pretty sure it's shit had started to leak out of the wound, guess it was the stomach(s) or intestines that got impaled. My father and the other farmers found me in the garden with my hand still inside the cow. Ever since after that i've been giving the cows a wider berth when i had to clean up their shit and have refused to stick my hand into holes barely larger than it.
>>
>>46780224
I was in the car when it skidded on oil, crashed through the safety barriers, and then fell into the canal, upside down. It rolled the right way, and started sinking.

I managed to get myself out.

Then my mother screamed at me to go back in and save the rest, because they couldn't get themselves out. I went back in.

Yes, this one's real.
>>
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UT6LTsRQCVklbBsPzjm89kwBLt-YlUpWgMtOOcp3g8M/edit#gid=0

Any of you guys are free to comment on this, I'll add you myself if you indicate that you are the anon that submitted a certain trigger.

I put in a couple of samples, one a joking jape and one a bit more serious.
>>
single mother starved me if I didn't win music auditions or went out without permission

one day when they were out I stole a saw from neighbor's shed and cut off three fingers on one hand

they realized what cunts they were after that
>>
>>46798918
he tells me he Dindu nuffins, that som bitches are telling his gf that he was trying to cheat on her, i go detective on thet shit, find out he had been sleeping with 3 girls, and he wants me to pull him out of the shithole he dug for himself (Fyi, that was the guy had been talking shit about me trying to sleep with his girl, we just went the same class ffs, shook it off as jealosy) i expose him, and almost nobody stands up against him, i tell him to fuck off, and then he starts to undermine me
take the moment to my advantage and throw away the "friends" who "dont stand up when ther storm is howling"
Shitmouths (people who talk shit, no /pol/ here) everywhere know who i am i say fuck it, i want to join Försvarsmakten(Army, as close sweden gets to being military)
Do the tests, Ace every single one exept "mental health", get a 2/9, 4/9 is minimum
my pal who got a 4/9 had an abusive alcoholic father and a mother who left him there, because "she had better things to do" (litterally what she said)
this hits me, because now i had lost my way out of that social shitstorm (i had no fear of losing my real friends by joining the army, as we are all close bros)
i visit a couple of psychiatrists and they all tell me the same thing, that im "as close to being a psychopath as you can get" and that i have a total absence of empathy
>They say that the only reason that im not in prison is because of my "moral code"
>the times i have been in contact with the police is as i
I have a total hatred for weakness in all forms, because i see myself in them. Thats why i have been helping people to break out of destructive enviroments (all 5 therapists said the same thing), because you cant eradicate weakness with force, to eradicate weakness you help them build mental strength and confidence to rid them of the weakness.
They tell me i only help people so i can hate them less.
>>
>>46780224
I was mauled in a car crash when I was 4 years old and have been blessed with maddening pain ever since, disrupting sleep and making every action a major chore or undertaking as pain ripples through half my body.
>>
>>46799272
>>46794388
Yo family, I'm the tactile kinesis guy here >>46791168 defintely want in.

>>46794330
Alright so just browsing the websites of shops within walking distance (ie., so that you wouldnt have to leave an online trail) I've put together the following kit:
Forearm guards - 20$
Hardwood bo or bokken - 30 or 20$
Climbing harness - 70$
Ascender - 50$
Hockey pads (shoulder/chest/back protection - 80$
150,000v Stun baton - 110$

Doesn't even eat up half our budget. And I believe Jim Mac said that the apartment was a gift from our family, and thus we don't have to pay rent.
>>
>>46800290
Alright when I get to you comment to add your cape name and city of origin.
>>
>>46799896
>The times i been in contact with police is because i had been trying to protect from drunken neerdowells, etc. and there is a few times i have been carrying friends and strangers for kilometers to get them home so they dont end up in the drunk cells, as some people cant handle the stress from severe intoxication and being manhandled by the police, as animals gets violent when you cornerthem so do we

Cops once caught me, even thou i was drunk as hell and quite stressed i took it chill, as i hadn't done anything illegal, but there was some people that where trying to claw their way out like some kind of frenzied beasts (being drunk is not illegal, but punching a cop is, remember that)
>The cops even told me that i was one of the calmest dudes they ever picked up.
few people realise that cops are people too, its more of a shame that people cant handle their alcohol, and that when shit like that happen, they dont want to hurt you, they just keep you locked in for a while so you can sober up so that you can get home safe

I realise that my emotions deviate from the societal norm
once gave a girl a knife and told her to do it because i got tired of seeing her leeching of her friends and my friends emotionally by her constant suicidal bickering.
After that she stopped perturb my friends.
She then started to hangout with other people and drag them down. But they where total cunts so i didn't mind, still dont
The psychologist where all like "Ohhh how could you do that!" :'(
My answer was simple. she was a lying cunt, she wasn't suicidal, she just wanted attention
and she was making my friends feel like shit
(her arms where like 100%scartissiue, you dont fail that many times unless you dont want to succeed).
>>
>>46800906
>The psychologist where all like "Ohhh how could you do that!" :'(
>Harleen Quinzel
>>
>>46793814
That was always the most retarded part of the story
>>
>>46800906
Rant over
Tl:Dr
iv'e broken bones,recived deaththreats and almost died of drugoverdose and been stabbed

>The most scary thing in my life was watching my lil sis almost die
(dot want to get a drivers licence, because i feel like im gonna vomit when im behind the wheel. some mild form of Ptsd i think)

>The most painfull thing in my life was when my stepmother told me that she never loved me and never will

Life is shit then you die, conquer it or it will conquer you
>>
Has this been archived?
>>
>>46802247
It will be after a while, but it's good for now
>>
>>46802275
Cool.

I'm still plugging away at the spreadsheet, I'm just going to use the powers Minion gave for his as "canon" because I've made an ass ton and he covered what I didn't very nicely.
>>
The commenting thing is really awkward. Is there a way to have it be so edits have to be approved before they are added? That would be ideal.

I generally don't use sheets all that much.
>>
>>46780224
I realized that /pol/ is always right, and it sent me into a stint of nihilism, from which I am now recovering
I was a athiest liberal, and it shattered my world veiw
>>
Less traumatic than nearly everyone here, but here it goes:

When I was 11 my father died, on father's day. He died several mins after I gave him a gift, but my mom sent me off to a friends so I was told what had happened that night.

Second incident occurred when my friend's mother died following surgery, seeing him experience something similar to me was an experience.

I have also fallen off numerous cliffs and once had my head fly within 6 inches of a slab at the bottom of a cliff. Only minor injuries, but the idea of what could have happened still makes my anus pucker.
>>
>>46802391
Hey, Lime Disease guy here>>46784275
>>46784337
Do my what do you mean by "energy". Can I use my leech powers on non living targets? What about the Undead?
If so could I theoretically use my power to depower a nuclear plant that's about to have a meltdown all the while screaming in agony as I absorb that power to constantly heal myself of the radiation tearing me apart, constantly feeling the pain of my body breaking down and rebuilding until the reactor loses power and I'm left a broken and shivering mess on the floor
If not, that's fine.

Also, can I eventually develop the power to leech other things, like pain or illness, and take them onto myself?

Other than that, I might soon have an idea for the super's name and MO
>>
>>46803529
No, it only works on people, animals, or superpower-generated constructs. Life forms essentially! You can even absorb them if they're people and add them to a sort of "flesh bank" you can draw upon to regenerate from injuries with.
>>
When I was little I was in charge of making sure my younger sister got her insulin shots. She would constantly forget, and my mother (single parent) had to work all the time. Sometimes I would sleep in, (because I'm terrible), and she would already have left for school (she was in a exta music program that started before school). But that was ok because I'd see her at school in the morning and make sure she got them (she wasn't allowed to carry the shots around because we had a terrible school and they're needles).

One day I slept in, and she'd already gone to school, but I wasn't really worried about it, because again, I could just do that at the school before her breakfast there. But I'd forgotten that she was going on a field trip that day. I realized that when I was getting ready to go and started panicking. My bus had gone through early, which was kinda usual, I was late to school often because of it. But I had to get there on time to get give her her medication.
So I just ran to school. I was super not in shape, and my backpack was heavy as shit, but I was terrified that she would leave on the field trip and die all because I'd been late and careless. Our school was nearly 3 miles from our home and it was winter at the time so it was snowy as fuck, I kept falling because of the icy sidewalks but I didn't care at the time.
By the time I got to the school she was already lined up to get on the bus, but hadn't left yet.
Apparently my mother had done it that morning, and my sister had just let me sleep in. So I had done all that for nothing. I felt really stupid but incredibly relieved. I was so worried I was going to cause her to die. But it all turned out fine, except for my torn up hands and knees.
>>
When I was 16, I had to physically restrain my mother to prevent her from killing herself.

I also got lyme disease as a kid like >>46784275
but I figured I'd provide something original.
>>
The doc should now officially be up to date! If any of you guys are lingering around and want to indicate anything for the doc, then go ahead.

Here's another link because fuck it, you don't wanna scroll up.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UT6LTsRQCVklbBsPzjm89kwBLt-YlUpWgMtOOcp3g8M/edit#gid=0

As for the rest of you as of yet untouched I'm getting right to it, I'm just juggling a lot.
>>
>>46803567
Wow, that's creepily non-heroic. Sure, the idea of absorbing energy to make people weak or pass out is super cool, but I would probably never use the man-eater bit unless I were fighting Beelzebub himself.

Still, I might have an idea for the hero though.

Ashen Spirit, secretive and brooding hero. The reason for the name? Because my power is nothing but a feast of ashes.

Or I'd probably lock myself away in a super jail if I ever slip up and misuse my power. That's the kind of man I am.

Now I just got to actually read that Worms thing so I know what this all is about.
>>
>>46803749
It wasn't the lime that fucked me over, it was being constantly stabbed over twenty times in the arm by a needle. its why I can't go to the hospital or my optometrist without feeling near violently ill.
>>
>>46803749
If more information helps, I told her it was ok and that we'd get through this while I held her. She was crying the whole time, and I soon started crying.
>>
>>46803817
It's weird, because I have an intense fear of needles too.
>>
>>46780224
>real or imagined
I'll go for real. One by one, all of my friends turned from decent people into backstabbing shitheads who would fuck over anyone if they thought it might benefit them, sometimes for no benefit at all. My circle of friends boiled down to a small few, until one that I had trusted most turned on me.
I tried to intervene when he attacked his girlfriend in a drunken rage, and put his hands on my throat in an attempt to strangle me, and I had no choice but to show him how it was really done.

Wish I had one that didn't sound so "hurr-edgy", but it's the truth. It's all good now, got 3 good friends, and our bond has only been stronger from the betrayal of others.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.