[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skaven Civ part 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1
File: Ratfolk 6.jpg (105 KB, 804x693) Image search: [Google]
Ratfolk 6.jpg
105 KB, 804x693
Last time we played, we had just found a place for food! One of our scouts (he needs a name) found a tree that has roots very similar to the roots we used to eat in our previous home. Upon further inspetion, he found 3 Bullywugs digging around the trees and ripping away at the roots, looking for bugs and such to eat. We approached them, and after some dialogue, we convinced them that it would be in their best interest to come "work" for us and expand our living hole.

The first turn will be with you shortly.
>>
Go on...
>>
>>46783395
Precede...
>>
You’ve made your way back to your living commune. The 3 Bullywugs have reached their first, and the moment you return, you see them being pulled in every which direction by your brothers and sisters. You, Talok, speak up in their defense, and announce that they will now be working for the Naked Skaven pack. After explaining to your pack who the Bullywug are, you decide to put them to use.

What do you have them do?
>Mining
>Gathering
>Building
>Other (Write in...)

What do you do?
>Building
>Hunting
>Reproduce
>Research (What?)
>Other (Write in...)

Stats:

>Population: 65
>Weapon Tech: Sharp Sticks (-2 Combat Rolls)
>Magic: Plagued Touch
>Diplomacy: 3 bullywug Slaves
>Building Tech: General Commune Hole
>Food: Bountiful (10 rounds Worth)
>Inventory: Yamma Tree Roots
>>
>>46783778
Building
Research civil engineering
>>
>>46783838
I'm sorry, you want a pack of Naked Skaven to research what?
>>
>>46783778
>Building
>Research civil engineering
>>
>>46783778
Bullywugs:
>Mining

Skaven:
>Research Agriculture
>>
>>46783868
Wrong one. Research agriculture.
>>
>>46783895
>>46783873
Give me a 1d100 roll for each choice, I forgot to mention it in the OP. Also, I'm gonna wait a little bit for at least 1 more person to show up, if we don't get anything sooner or later, then I'm just gonna roll to see which choice we go with.
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>46783947
Should we namefag or nah?
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>46783947
>>
Rolled 67, 34 = 101 (2d100)

>>46783947
First Bully, then Skraven
>>
>>46783967
Please do, it helps me a ton.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>46784021
>>46783986
>>46783967
Apparently we do have 3 different people? Only 2 different votes though for the turn. I'll roll d2 to decide which we're going with as far as Bullywug goes. Skaven have the Research Agriculture option picked

Bullywugs
1: Building
2: Mining
>>
>>46784218
>Mining
They don't seem very smart.
>>
>>46784255
They aren't, based on the chart. But we could possibly use their saliva as a construction material, so that's neat.

That's Farmer's call, though.
>>
>>46784255
secondind
>>
After having found the Yamma tree and feasting heartily on the roots, Talok decides it’s time to get things rolling. He gathers many of the frailer Skaven, and shows them the Yamma root. He explains to them the old way of farming these. The only difference between now and then, is that then we were in sewers, and now we’re on islands. You show them over to a smaller island not too far from the living hole and let them get to work. Obviously, you are planning on farming trees, but you’ve seen the humans do it with peaches and apples, so with luck hopefully we can reproduce what they do. As for the Frogmen, you decide it is time for them to work as well. You show them into the living hole, and have them get to work. You equip them with thick sticks and tell them to start digging around the hole. With no specific project in mind, you have them just expand the hole, and hope to find something.

What do the Bullywugs do?
>Mining
>Gathering
>Building
>Other (Write in...)

What do you do?
>Building
>Hunting
>Reproduce
>Research (What?)
>Other (Write in...)

Stats:

Results of the votes always appear every other turn.
>>
>>46784490
>Gathering
>Reproduce
>>
>>46784490
>Mining
>Reproduce
>>
Rolled 15 (1d100)

>>46784539
this
>>
>>46784490
>Mining

>Research Tools
>>
Rolled 99 (1d100)

>>46784516
I guess I'll roll.
>>
>>46784595
Aha!! I treat 99-100 as a crit success and 1-2 as crit fail. This turn, I will include Gathering and Mining for the bullywug choices in the writeup.
>>
>>46784622
Sweet.
>>
>>46784490
Bullywugs:
>Mining

Skaven:
>Research Tools

We should probably also teach the Bullywugs better Common, as well as allow them to reproduce assuming that's a thing they can do under the conditions available.
>>
Search for warp stone thing thing
>>
I do wanna mention, then when picking the Build option, whether it be for Skaven or Bullywug, please specify what you wanna build. I realized as I was writing up the next post I didn't put the Build(What..?) on there, I just said build.
>>
Search for warpstone!
>>
The day continues without anything exciting going on. You managed to successfully plant enough Yamma Root that you should have a steady supply of food for your current population. When night falls, you call back your Yamma Tree Farmers and pull everyone into the living hole. Having stopped the Bullywugs a little while back, the hole is now a decent size. It is small enough for the pack to still huddle together for warmth. While the Bullywugs were excavating the hole, they managed to pull out a few decently sized rocks. Maybe we could put those to use, but for now, they are just big heavy rocks that Skaven had the help carry out of the hole. While everyone is in the hole together, you decide tonight should be a time to celebrate. You, and the rest of the Skaven begin to make their way around to each other. Skaven packs should have numbers, and as far as you’re concerned, there are no where near enough Skaven in your pack. Tonight is the first night you actually feel like the Queen you are. This is your pack, and you ARE the Queen. You have many suitors throughout the night.

The next morning, you pull aside the Bullywug that you previously plagued. He now has boils throughout his body, but he doesn’t seem to really notice. You send him back to the original place where you found the Yamma Trees, and have him begin to gather. As for the last 2, you have them begin digging in one direction. You don’t need a bigger hole, but who knows what you might find down there?

>Mining
>Gathering
>Building
>Other (Write in...)

What do you do?
>Explore (N,S,E,W?)
>Building
>Hunting
>Reproduce
>Research (What?)
>Other (Write in...)

Stats:

>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

>>46785009
>Build a daycare center for the babbies
>Explore South
>>
Rolled 98 (1d100)

>>46785009
>>Mining
Never stop mining.

>Research tools
>>
>>46785044
Fudge...
>>
Rolled 49, 12 = 61 (2d100)

>>46785009
Bullywugs:
>Mining
Or breed, if possible.

Skaven:
>Research Tools
>>
Rolled 38 (1d100)

>>46785009
>Mining
>Explore South
>>
Rolled 33 (1d100)

>>46785044
>>46785062
They die as soon as they are born. Scratch that, they arent even born, or miscarried. The skaven females just had gas and thought they were pregnant.
>>46785052
this
>>
As the day persists, some of the females, including yourself, begin to feel the movement of baby Skaven inside of your wombs. But, pregnancy aside, you have to carry on with your lives. The first thing you do, is you command the Bullywugs to turn the small hole they were farming into a nursery of such. The hole they created didn’t give much, just a shit ton more of those large rocks. Now, these rocks are not only in the way, but they are currently being useless. So, you have a few of the larger Skaven begin working with them, to try and figure out what you can do using them. If it is found that they are useless, they are to be shoved into the water. While the rocks are being toyed with, the Boiled Bullywug returns with a big arm full of berries and bugs. It will provide the children with a nice amount of easy to eat food. As you are dealing with the Boiled Bullywug, you hear a large crash. You scurry down into the living hole, only to find one of the 2 mining Bullywug scratching at a cave in where the Nursery was supposed to be. You gather that the other Bullywug is in there, now crushed beneath large amounts of rocks and dirt. You allow the 2 Bullywug to have a ceremonial funeral for their lost comrade.

>Mining
>Gathering
>Building
>Other (Write in...)

What do you do?
>Explore (N,S,E,W?)
>Building
>Hunting
>Reproduce
>Research (What?)
>Other (Write in...)

Stats:

>Food: Bountiful (13 rounds Worth)
>Inventory: Yamma Tree Roots, 13 Medium Boulders
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>46785463
>Gathering
>Explore south
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>46785512
Supporting
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>46785463
>Mining
Never stop, even in the face of death.

>Research Tools
>>
>>46785525
Jesus Christ! I should really stop rolling. ;_;
>>
>>46785525
Why would you do that
>>
>>46785525
My lord man, fix your dice
>>
>>46785525
Stop rolling Sivy. Just stop and lurk.
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>46785549
>>46785550
>>46785553
Sorry, guys. I'll just let the sharks eat me.
>>
Later in the day, the pregnant Skaven give birth in the living hole. 22 small Skaven now crawl about the living hole, and you have the Bullywug clean up the after birth. While they are doing that, you make your way back out of the hole and go check on the Large rocks. When you get there, you see the Skaven who were working them them have begun to chip away at them, creating crude edges that look a little bit like the weapons that the humans used to swing and stab with. They’ve also taken the smaller blunt pieces of them, and tied them to sticks. While you are reveling in the glory of this new found technology, the Bullywugs come to you and ask what their next task is, mournfully. Crudely, you send them back to mining, telling them to clear out the hole that they caved in, and dispose of the dead body promptly. Apparently, they didn’t like the tone in your voice. To your new orders, they decline, and they decline loudly. They begin hoping south, very fast and very high. In a frantic frenzy, you call for your scout. You send him fast after the Bullywugs, and command him to take note of everything he can on his way south. A pair of frog-men will NOT defy the Queen of Naked Skaven.

>TOOLS UPGRADED: Stone Tools/Weapons
>DIPLOMACY LOST: Bullywug Slaves Left

What do you do?
>Explore (N,S,E,W?)
>Building
>Hunting
>Reproduce
>Research (What?)
>Other (Write in...)

Stats:

>Weapon Tech: Stone Weapons (+0 Combat Rolls)
>Tool Tech: Stone Tools
>Diplomacy: (+5 to rolls)
>Food: Bountiful (13 rounds Worth)
>Inventory: Yamma Tree Roots, 13 Medium Boulders
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>46785958
Mining
>>
>>46786151
+1
>>
I think we might be getting close to the end here. I'm gonna call it now. I have the last write-up saved to a google doc, so I'll repost it in a few days when I run part 3. Or, instead of part 3, if the masses want a different Civ, I'll run that.

https://twitter.com/Civ_Master_Farm
Follow me on twitter for all notifications regarding my civ games
>>
>>46786320
Thank you for running.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.