[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eclipsed Moon Quest Episode 127
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 14
File: Eclipsed Moon Logo Black Rose.png (2 MB, 1600x867) Image search: [Google]
Eclipsed Moon Logo Black Rose.png
2 MB, 1600x867
Sheets and Info: pastebin.com/u/phantomcrossing
Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/Artemis_QM
Ask.fm Account: ask.fm/Artemis_QM
Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Eclipsed+moon

Quest Start

“So, you are the fabled Red Eyed Beast,” he states with an almost mechanical tone as he rises from the unscoured high back office chair, craning his neck as the scarred upper right quadrant of his face creases oddly with the shifting of his brow.

He has older features, not a true old man but older than your father...but you imagine his appearance belies his true age. His hair is dark but peppered with spots of grey and white. There is a stern and acute military posture to his body language as he stands there observing your slackened own posturing. The circuitous flecks of pale purple crystal spark and reflect in the light as that stern creasing relaxes.

This man, clad in dark cloth and black lacquered armor, you have fought him before in a different guise. Your little sister has fought him, and you imagine he is far more dangerous than she realized from their brief clashes…because at that time he may not have been trying to hurt her. In the quiet after his words and movement, you scrutinize him with your ability to gauge the true nature of your enemies and are shocked to learn he is only an augmented human. In terms of the combat potential he has is about an even challenge to your present abilities, including some magic and artificial limbs.

Yes. This man, Hiddenite, could have completely shut down your little sister when she fought him as Sailor New Moon.

He is flanked by two dangerous people who you clearly recognize.
>>
>>46715188

One a thin and lazy looking fellow who yawns slightly and runs a hand through messy hair, you know him as Kalunite. The secretly undead former member of the Elysion Royal Guard in an age before recorded history, slain during the fall of both that earthly kingdom and the Silver Millenium above it.

The other is known to you as Borealis, thanks to the things a friend revealed to you. A scientist in the service of this enemy who was turned into a monster of his own negative emotions against his will. His abilities are varied, and his appearance as a giant blue hulking brute in a torn labcoat belies his cunning.

You are a different matter.

Your name is Mikage Chiba, second year highschool student fifteen years old, and you were the third woman to bear the mantle of the Magical Guardian of Love and Justice known as Sailor Moon. A traumatic victory and what you thought was the end of an enemy threat to this world prompted you to abandon that mantle for your little sister Koyomi to take up. The two of you were proceeded in this task by your mother and your elder sister.

At present you are in the guise of the Red Eyed Beast, delinquent terror of Juuban. After you abandoned the mantle of Sailor Moon, you withdrew from yourself and your life and set about partitioning yourself into segregated personalities to cope with the trauma you experienced. However though your own efforts you’ve been working hard to put yourself back together.

The Red Eyed Beast is again part of the whole, though you wear that disguise today to potentially infiltrate the enemy who has been plaguing Tokyo as of late.

Hiddenite’s question hands in the air.

>Wait for him to continue, quietly
>Wait for him to continue, flippantly
>Make a snide comment about all this cloak and dagger shit, what do you say?
>”So, who the hell are you?”
>Cast a spell or use a power, what?
>Write in
>>
>>46715202
>>Wait for him to continue, flippantly

Let'em monologue, villains love monologueing
>>
Alright, writing.
>>
>>46716037
Sorry, got a lot of stuff going on today. I'll try to make sure to vote though.
>>
slight delay.
>>
>>46715202
>Hiddenite’s question hands in the air.
This is a stick up.

I kid, I kid.

Though a flippant response about them being mysterious shadowy fucks stirring up trouble and those meddling kids (the scouts) would be cool.
>>
File: Hidenite.jpg (120 KB, 251x715) Image search: [Google]
Hidenite.jpg
120 KB, 251x715
Crossing your arms, in part by instinct and in part by design, you shift your weight on your hips and lean impatiently. There is an exuded flippantness to your attitude here which comes so naturally and perfectly to you as you glare over narrowed eyes at the older man wearing some armaments with inlaid lacquering that make him appear as though a ninja in Venice.

If this annoys or frustrates Hiddenite, he does not show it. His posture remains the same, but he hesitates. Holding a moment perhaps imagining from your reputation that you’d have some snide or biting retort over this question.

After a moment, he shrugs.

“I know that Kalunite has explained the basics of our organization’s history to you,” he says softly, “And I know since your own action against us at Tokyo Tower, you have come to blows with the beings known as the Sailor Senshi,”

He turns and takes a step back to the chair, a slight waver and stiffness to one of his legs as he carefully sits down again.

“It was discussed among my allies that you and your abilities may be a unique aberration caused by our work. Overtures to be made to invite you to our fold as a figure of local justice, that may find our cause worthy of standing with rather than opposing,” he leans back in the chair as Borealis scoffs, “So without overtures or grandiose words, do you believe in our goals? Of a peaceful and championed Earth dawning after our manufactured dark?”

>”This is boring, you’re boring and your face is stupid and I’m gone,”
>”Will this get those meddling kids out of my hair?”
>”How the hell does making monsters for world peace make fucking sense?”
>”I dunno, fauxhawk Doraemon looks like he has something to say,”
>”What if I did?”
>Leave
>Cast a spell or use a power
>Write in
>>
>>46717881
>>
>>46717881
>>
>>46717881
Hm, I think tonight is a bad night for most of your players.
>>
>>46718050
So it would seem, though give it a bit longer and we'll see if people start showing up.
>>
>>46717881
>>”Will this get those meddling kids out of my hair?”
>>”How the hell does making monsters for world peace make fucking sense?”
>>
>>46717881
>>”How the hell does making monsters for world peace make fucking sense?”
>>”I dunno, fauxhawk Doraemon looks like he has something to say,”
>>
>>46717881
"He certainly made a mess of things on my turf, and I'm not seeing a connection between that nonsense and world fucking peace."
>>
Counting and writing.
>>
>>46718050
See!
>>
>>46718267
>>46718240
Woo! Got in just under the wire!
>>
>>46718290
And what a wire it is.
>>
I'm writing still too slowly...what gives with my brain tonight.
>>
>>46720118
My brain is sluggish as well, so a bit thankful actually that I hadn't missed things.
>>
“I dunno,” you shrug before dismissively waving toward Borealis, “fauxhawk Doraemon looks like he has something to say,”

Your crass insult causes the beastly and transformed scientist to bristle and the lazily relaxed dark general on Hiddenite’s other side to offers a short and stifled laugh. Hiddenite offers a hand to still the lazy though powerful fellow laughter as he turns to grant Borealis a nod.

The brute steps forward, suddenly surging with a crackle of a previously absent prismatic aura. With a deep breath he suppresses this internalized power and approaches you with squared shoulders as he looms over you. Nearly towering actually.

Last time you were this close to him you drove a motorcycle conjured from supernatural dark and knocked him off of Tokyo Tower.

“You are variable we cannot account for, more than that you are a power capable of exceeding mortal limitations,” he growls, “And I think you too unruly to have such power unchecked for our purposes. I think this meeting is a farce,”

Before you can snap a retort against him, his voices buzzes silently in the back of your skull.

-Don’t trust them,- he leans forward in an obvious to you feigned growl, -at least not fully; but you knew that already...fall in with them or not but they do not have the interests of the creatures they’ve made in mind,-

The psionic communique snaps closed, though you cannot imagine why he would offer you a warning like that. Isn’t he one of them? No...you recall Saori Umeki telling you that even though he concocted their transformative formula she was ordered to use it on him atop Tokyo Tower before your first fight against him. Still, this could be some kind of ploy.

“That’s quite enough, Borealis. Please return to my side,” and he does so, acting rather mechanically.
>>
File: Red Eyed Beast.png (80 KB, 300x212) Image search: [Google]
Red Eyed Beast.png
80 KB, 300x212
>>46720804

With a moment your mind wanders back to the man ahead of you and the matter at hand.

”How the hell does making monsters for world peace make fucking sense?” you lean to your side so you can see the seated man past the oddly warning brute’s shoulder.

Hiddenite stares at you, appraisingly, as Borealis returns to his place beside him. He regards you coolly after a minute and sighs.

“The monsters, as you put it, are not the means with which we will achieve peace,” he explains calmly, “They are merely tools and distractions toward the ends that will, and on that matter…”

He sighs and glances over toward the monstrous scientist.

“They are an imperfect resource, four have in fact gone awol and are likely acting against our purposes. We have reason to believe they have taken up space in you...I believe you call it turf. I would like to offer you a place in our designs for a better world, and to test your commitment I ask you either bring in, or consume as you have proven capable of doing in the past, these missing assets,”

>Try to reveal Borealis’s supposed duplicity
>Allude to Borealis’s untrustworthy nature
>Keep this to yourself for now
>Write in

&

>Fine, I’ll do some bounty hunting for you
>Like fuck I’ll do your dirty work
>What’s in it for me?
>Leave
>Write in
>>
>>46720817
>Keep this to yourself for now
>What’s in it for me?
>>
>>46720817
>>Keep this to yourself for now
>What’s in it for me?
>>
>>46720817
>>Keep this to yourself for now
>>What’s in it for me?
>Write in?
And what sort of "ends" we talking about here?
>>
Counting and writing
>>
Deciding you’re one for subterfuge and curiosity, you sit on the matter of Borealis’s warning. Keeping it to yourself, for now, you’ll find out the truth behind his supposed disloyalty despite being one of these creations of human negative emotions.

Negative emotions augmented somehow by harnessed Chaos…

“What’s in it for me?” you ask plainly, they won’t trust you if you just readily agree.

There are matters of reputation to uphold, and expectation.

Hiddenite smiles.

“Simply protecting your territory and perhaps offering you a meal,” he shrugs, “Consider it a peace offering between us, ingratiation and a proof of a willingness to cooperate,”

You wonder what their end goal could be for a moment. Misplaced revenge against the reincarnations of Silver Millennium? Reunited the earth into one kingdom...and they even tried to recreate a ruler toward that end.

Idle wonder takes you, if only they knew that Endymion lived...though you imagine that might also run the risk of a negative reaction...still, playing your part.

“And then if you so wish, you can delve deeper within our ranks and better protect yourself from the Senshi,” he finishes.

Actually following through with this infiltration is risky, perhaps even foolish. However you may never get a better chance to see this matter resolved without a fight...or this will just end in an even greater fight.

>You’ll take that deal
>You’re not interested
>You’ll be in touch
>Say nothing and leave
>Ask for more information about their missing assets
>Write in
>>
>>46721932
>>You’ll be in touch
>>
>>46721932
>You’ll be in touch
We have picked up enough information for now.
>>
Writing
>>
Well, you don’t want to immediately commit. More than that you imagine you seeming eager or immediately dismissive would...no, you know how to play this.

Turning, offering no reaction behind the psionic wall shielding your thoughts, you proceed toward the stairs with your arms still crossed.

“I’ll be in touch,” you offer with a glance to the corner of your eye before descending the stairs.

You take your steps slowly on your way out, down through the concrete stairwell and back into the unfinished lobby. The wind has died down on your approach to the front door. Their limousine awaits you still, though you aren’t sure yet if you’ll ride it back.

Casting your eyes up to the skyline, you catch the briefest glimpse of something. Something intentionally shown when you were seen leaving the building. Black and red hair waving coolly. Crinkled hair blowing behind a mask, ribbon and cape fluttering as the sun seems to beat down on you just a little brighter.

Jadeite Knight and Sailor Sol above.

Pause

Resume tomorrow. Keep us afloat friends. Sorry for slowness
>>
>>46723069
>Keep us afloat friends
But I wanted to go to sleep....
>>
>>46723476
then just check in intermittently
>>
Ah, falling asleep before the last vote of the night. It fills me with nostalgia.
>>
So we could:
Ride back
Stealth back the way we came and catch the after-conversation before leaving
Disappear and Jump away.
Jump away and disappear.
Sneak back in see and snoop hard, maybe follow them.
>>
>>46727041
>Stealth back the way we came and catch the after-conversation before leaving
Is probably the one I would favor, maybe segue into snooping.
>>
>>46727041
>Stealth back the way we came and catch the after-conversation before leaving
Lets do this one
>>
Blearily awake
>>
Gonna run some errands. Get home. And then resume.
>>
>>46728804
Boris is bearily awake.
>>
>>46729995
That's a cute.
>>
Grabbing lunch and heading home for starting to write resume post
>>
File: EMQ Black Rose.png (1019 KB, 1600x867) Image search: [Google]
EMQ Black Rose.png
1019 KB, 1600x867
Writing
>>
While working, listening to stuff, including Crystal Season III's opening credits.

The line 'Fall in Love Girls, because life is a brief beautiful flower' just irks me because in manga continuity Usagi is a burgeoning cosmic scale immortal.
>>
>>46732876
And Usagi would throw all of that away in less than a heartbeat for love.
>>
File: Red Eyes 01.png (146 KB, 1035x567) Image search: [Google]
Red Eyes 01.png
146 KB, 1035x567
Resume

Your allies are above, no doubt more nearby. Two possibly right around the corner.

Standing here, you are before the open door of a limousine no doubt intended to take you back to where they picked you up. However...you aren’t sure if you want to take it.

More than that while you were most certainly done talking to the three in the under construction office building behind you, you might certainly not be done listening to them.

A raised and undead construct suffused with cosmic malignancy, a survivor of the fall of old Elysion, and a monster of their own creation layered atop a villainous human scientist. What could you learn being a fly on the wall there?

>Take the limo
>Walk away
>Walk away but double back into the building
>Use your powers of stealth and invisibility right here and head back in
>Write in
>>
>>46733005
>>Walk away
>>
>>46733005
>Walk away, so you can use your stealth and invisibility to head right back in.
>>
>>46733005
>>Use your powers of stealth and invisibility right here and head back in
>>Write in
Try to make it look like we're leaping away (or teleporting, occurs to me that teleports have oft looked like that). But stealth right back in.
>>
>>46733137
>>46733147
Similar in concept.
>>
>>46733005
>>Use your powers of stealth and invisibility right here and head back in
>>
Rolled 3 + 6 (1d20 + 6)

Counting and writing. However I believe I will need stealth and perception from you guys.

so 2d20, I'll factor in your modifiers after. best of 3 for each, 1s and 20s wild
>>
Rolled 8, 14 = 22 (2d20)

>>46733738
>>
>>46733738
...guys? Dice?
>>
Rolled 19, 16 = 35 (2d20)

>>46733738
>>
File: bunny huge eyes.jpg (59 KB, 579x585) Image search: [Google]
bunny huge eyes.jpg
59 KB, 579x585
Rolled 19, 12 = 31 (2d20)

>>46733738
>>
Stealth: 50 vs 9
Perception: 21 vs ??
>>
Hoping Speed of Time helps us arrive to hear interesting things.
>>
Shaking your head at the two burly and likely empowered guards, you snear at them and leap forward and up. Landing heavily on the roof of the limousine, to their stepping back shock and surprise, you leap again fading from sight.

They’re quietly talking to each other while depressing something on their earpieces. No doubt in communication with whoever was running this operation. Your deceptive vanishing act serving it’s purpose, you course back into the office building and deftly making use of cover despite refreshing your powers of invisibility. It’s better not to take chances honestly, and not just rely on this invisibility but also your skillful quiet.

Coursing up the concrete block of the stairs from the back of the lobby, catching yourself at a corner before stepping forward into the second floor, you pause. The ceiling is crawling with a few lesser shadows, though their heads are twisted and sweep about the area.

Aware of them, and already utilizing your supreme skills of sneaking, you avoid this glance and continue to maintain your invisibility.

Far from their original position on the floor, walking together toward another stair block, are Kalunite, Hiddenite, and Borealis.

“I’m just saying, it would be less of a risk to just throw a strong force at her toward capture. Then leave her in my care and I can find out the nature and cause of her unique mutation,” the transformed scientist offers, tough you are uncertain of its sincerity or truth.

“Nah,” yawns Kalunite, “See that would be too much effort, and since I’m the one assigned to this whole untapped assets thing now then I would have to deal with it,”

“Hmp,” the scientist scolds, “You’ve a horrid work effort,”

Hiddenite interrupts the argument with words that sound...tired.
>>
>>46735360

“Horrid work ethic or not, his dedication to the cause and his experience are exemplary,” the way the would be ninja walks...he’s definitely having trouble with his right let, “Now I need the two of you to stop bickering. Borealis, this is Kalunite’s operation; and I trust his judgement,”

“I’m hurt you don’t trust mine,” the brute obviously feigns.

“And I’m hurt anyone would deign to call me lazy,” Kalunite shrugs, lazily, “I’m just very efficient. The best course is of course the path of least resistance. Though if we do have to fight this girl, I suggest Amazonite for the task,”

“If it must come to that, she and I will handle it,” the older man says again stern.

“Touchy there, Hiddenite,” Borealis snickers, “You’d think you were playing favorites,”

“Enough. We all have matters to attend,” Hiddenite growls, “Without the Queen reborn, the young master will have to rise by himself,”

“Is he strong enough?” questions Kalunite as Borealis breaks away from them toward an open space of window wall, pushing a hanging tarp aside.

“Hematite is rallying what he can,” he sighs, “We have lost much in terms of terrestrial resources...but there are other options yet tapped,”

What is all of this…

>Time to disengage, meet back up with the others
>Follow Hiddenite and Kalunite
>Follow Borealis
>Make your presence known
>Get to the roof and establish psionic contact with your allies
>Adopt another appearance, which?
>Write in
>>
>>46735379
Follow Borealis
>>
>>46735379
I think we might have stayed a bit too long.
>>
>>46735379
>>Follow Hiddenite and Kalunite
Young master? untapped resources? This sounds important.
>>
>>46735379
>>
>>46735379
>Follow Hiddenite and Kalunite
>>
Counting and Writing..oh ho ho, what's this?

Queue up, you know what's coming.

Its, your, FINAL DESTINATION
>>
Final Destination Vote.

Due to a tie between two voted options in the last vote we need an FD.

Rules of the FD:
Respond to this post. Respond only with the number of your choice. There are no write ins. No green text, no line breaks, no quotes, no text, no numbers, no punctuation. Votes must be cast within 4 minutes of the first vote being cast. Only votes cast within that window and following all the rules will be counted.

1 Time to disengage
2 Hiddenite and Kalunite

Ready. GO!
>>
>>46735985
>>
>>46735985
>>
>>46735985
>>
>>46735985
>>
>>46735985
>>
18:08:26 was the time cut off point for the clock as I view it.

So let's tally this up and see what we have.

Writing
>>
You notice, absentmindedly, as Borealis leaps past the hanging tarp and into the open air beyond the building. He isn’t your concern.

Keeping low, you creep after Kalunite and Hiddenite as they enter the far stairwell. Some of the things they have said have stirred a curiosity in you, more so than their rogue scientist. Young master? Could this have to do with you dream? How does all of this piece together.

Pressing against the cold and shaped concrete, you follow after their ascent through the unfinished levels of the office building.

“Borealis doesn’t seem as immediate to react to orders as the other creatures possessing or shrugged off from living humans,” Kalunite lazily observes as they rise just around the curve from you.

“He designed the current formulas,” the older man responds gruffly before catching himself, “He would be a fool to have not protected himself in some fashion from their effects. Ultimately what he’s done in that vein won’t matter, he is still a creature of THAT darkness and- ah. Sorry Kalunite, I wasn’t thinking,”

“So worried about my feelings. Well, all of our feelings,” he sighs, “You always were a good kid, and a survivor,”

Hiddenite is noticeably and poignantly quiet in response to that.

“Do you feel guilty, for surviving?” the dead man asks after a few moments and steps.

“Yes, I carry a guilt for that,” he stops to face his comrade, “I watched the kingdom fall in madness and death, and I watched the moon burning above us. That I lived and found the master and got him to safety before the sky turned to ash is a miraculous thing...and for all who perished behind me I will always feel guilt,”

“Well, dying wasn’t fun,” Kalunite groans, “You know it was the great Knight of Purity and Refection who got me, leader of the Prince’s retinue and mad with the sorceress’s curse,”
>>
>>46736966

“I still don’t understand why you didn’t want to take a shot at her reincarnation,” huffs the old man as they continue up.

“What can I say, too much effort,” he stretches his arms out in a yawn, “I quite liked the sublime rest of death, not in a hurry to return to it, mind you, but I think compared to the others I haven’t fully woken from it,”

“Excuses,” he laughs, “Just like back then,”

Exiting the stairwell, far fewer in count of flights than you would have expected, you exit into the open sky of the roof...except the open sky above you is that of night? A strange black vehicle of swanlike design awaits at the roof’s center...though you notice the skyline here is different. You are not sure if you are even in Tokyo.

>Attempt to follow them into the vehicle
>Try and secure yourself outside the vehicle
>Head back the way you came down the stairs
>Confront them
>Wait for them to leave and observe the skyline to figure out where you are
>Write in
>>
>>46736992
>>
>>46736992
>>
>>46736992
>>Wait for them to leave and observe the skyline to figure out where you are
>>
>>46736992
>>Try and secure yourself outside the vehicle
Claws of Darkness.
>>
File: Usagi overload.gif (2 MB, 475x270) Image search: [Google]
Usagi overload.gif
2 MB, 475x270
Having a spot of dinner then writing.
>>
What country do you suppose we are in? Place your bets!
>>
>>46737475
From morning to night? Possibly UK. Could be France, which would be a nice test of the French speaking. Eastern US perhaps.
>>
dinner is done, so now to writing.
>>
>see this
>begin thinking about Rider style upgrades to our Knights
>realize they'd be Knight Riders
Don't hassle the Hoff.
>>
File: Urban Diversity Paris suburbs.jpg (396 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Urban Diversity Paris suburbs.jpg
396 KB, 1024x768
Hiding within the edge of the stairwell exitway, you watch as the two of them board the swanlike craft. Black wings unfurl in a mechanical mimicry of biological intricacy. The swan vessel rises, you are uncertain if it is by magic or by technological means, and veers west before streaking off beyond your range of vision.

You wait a while, just to be certain.

With your enemies gone, you move instead to the edge of the roof and gaze out across the night skyline of this city...and are surprised.

You half expected some chaos suffused netherworld beyond whatever bend in space you took through the stairwell. Instead you see before you short buildings and countryside. This is a small city and the building you find yourself atop is certainly the tallest, but not by much.

What catches your eyes is in the distance. The light of another settlement across the dark.

“No way,” you wonder in amazement and disbelief in the graveled voice of the Red Eyed Beast as your concentration breaks enough to flicker back into sight, though you remain crouched low with a stealthy poise.

Beyond the dark at a distance of several miles is a tower of familiar make and design. You must be somewhere on the outskirts of it or within its surrounding suburbs.

The City of Light, Paris, stands in the distance.

You’re on the other side of the earth!?

>Back down the stairwell to see if it ends back in Japan!
>Turn on and use your cellphone and make a call, you have international coverage
>Turn on and use your cellphone, figure out exactly where you are and where this building is
>Scout around outside the building
>Have a minor freak out because FRANCE! You’ve always wanted to visit France!
>Write in
>>
File: IMG_20160417_203636.jpg (211 KB, 1000x1250) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160417_203636.jpg
211 KB, 1000x1250
>>46738957
Forgot the image I saw.
>>
>>46738969
>>Scout around outside the building
See whose building this is and where.
>>Cast a spell or use a power
Locate Node!
>>
>>46738969
>Have a minor freak out because FRANCE! You’ve always wanted to visit France!
>Turn on and use your cellphone and make a call, you have international coverage
>>
>>46738969
>Back down the stairwell to see if it ends back in Japan!
>>
If we do use our cellphone, let’s do so away from the building.
>>
>>46737628
Second guess, nice.

>>46738969
Get our bearings, find out where this is.
Use the compact to call Sol, let her know we are safe. Something off the grid seems good until we get back or get some distance from the building.

>>46739076
>Locate Node!
Oo, yeah. This could be fun.
>>
>>46738969
>>Have a minor freak out because FRANCE! You’ve always wanted to visit France!
>>
Counting then Writing
>>
France!!!
>>46739482
>>46739144

Scout building
>>46739076

Get bearings
>>46739370

Locate Node
>>46739370
>>46739076

Back downstairs
>>46739301

Cellphone
>>46739144
>>
If there is trouble getting back the way we came. Would Pluto or the Quartet be a better choice?

Unrelated, watching Bodacious Space Pirates, amused by resemblance of their Princess Serenity.
>>
>>46739625
My bearings could be grouped as building scouting. Want to know where building is.
>>
>>46739752
So noted.

Three way combination.
>>
>>46739370 Has the right idea, when we call back we should use the compact.
>>
>>46739880
Fourth way.
>>
Delay, family wouldn't leave me alone.
>>
You silence a stifled scream within yourself, a high pitched squeal still slipping out of your lips as you momentarily jump up and down in resplendent amazement. France! You’re in France! You’ve always wanted to visit France!

In a mannerism contrary to your current guise, you visibly bounce before you still yourself.

Okay, you’re in France. That’s very far away...wait.

Kairi-chan’s magic has more than likely lost track of you.

Taking out your compact, given to you anew by Artemis fairly recently, you contact Keiko.

“MIkage!” she gasps across the connection, “We lost sight of you and just heard from Kairi thatshe lost her beat on you. What happened?”

“I snuck back in to eavesdrop and followed them through some stairs...but I think it was some kind of folded or closed dimensional space. I’m in,” your vice jumps a bit as you cannot contain your excitement, “France!”

“France?” there is a look of disbelief on her features, “Are you sure?”

Rather than explain, with a giddy smile on your face, you turn the compact out toward the distant Eiffel Tower. Her pause at the sight is practically audible.

“You’re in France,” her transformed and slightly tanned face stares back at you in shock, “Okay, the enemy has a base in France…”
>>
>>46741382

“I’m going to Scout it out. I need you guys to fall back and regroup. The building I entered in Tokyo was full of lesser Shadows, since we don’t want them to know this was an infiltration we don’t want to take them out just yet,”

“Okay, I’ll relay,” she nods before a masked Midori crowds her way into the screen.

“France,” she asks with some incredulousness, “There can be portals around the world?”

“Yeah, remember how my mom teleported to the moon?”

“Yeah, but that was noticeable and flashy, you just went up the stairs and were in France?” she asks incredulously, “It can be that subtle?”

“Yeah,” you respond as she curses to the open air and blue sky behind her.

“Keep in touch, do you know if the portal behind you is still functional?” Keiko returns to the screen.

“No idea, if it isn’t I have an idea. An idea that will need you to form up with the quartet,” you explain as you stand and begin leaping down the side of the building as you clap the compact closed.

The low build of this Parisian town or city is...quite honestly beautiful. The buildings don’t appear more than four stories and the streets are tight from the thin fronts of the smaller buildings. Behind you, once you get to cobbled streets and quietly slip into the shadows, the office building is only 6 stories high. Not terribly impressive but it seems fairly new. The architecture of the older buildings draws you attention. France! You’re in France!
>>
>>46741406

Strafing from darkness to darkness, becoming invisible to prevent locals from being scared at the sight of a spooky looking japanese teenager in a school uniform, you loop around to the front of the building.

The logo is familiar, as is the lettering. Ellis Unlimited. You are not surprised. It is an Ellis Unlimited building, in France.

Still...a thought strikes you.

The world is rife with magical power you’ve been tapping into from the fonts of earth magic you’ve captured in Tokyo. Maybe, this close to Paris and the heart of France, there could be other points of power. Earth magic to strengthen you, from France.

Letting your curiosity take you, you expend the magical energy and let it widen the scope and severity of your senses to the magic of the world beneath your feet. The world that is a part of your soul, and the crystal weighing upon your chest.

With a pulse, you feel out wells of intersecting ley lines of magic. One enters your awareness, maybe 6 miles away and toward the city, and down.

>Head back up and see if you can take the stairwell back to Tokyo
>Explore this little Parisian suburb, because FRANCE!
>Head toward that Earth Node you’ve found with all deliberate haste
>Call Keiko and explain your other plan to get home
>Change your appearance, it wouldn’t do for the enemy to learn Red Eyes was in France
>Write in
>>
>>46741426
>Change your appearance, it wouldn’t do for the enemy to learn Red Eyes was in France
>>
>>46741426
>One enters your awareness, maybe 6 miles away and toward the city, and down.
Would it happen to be to the west? Say, similar to the direction the swan went?
Primary:
>Head toward that Earth Node you’ve found with all deliberate haste
There is only one face for this.

Secondary:
Note to her we'll check the stairwell after we investigate some things here, but wanted her aware of the plan.

Also, yay to the first appearance of our compact since calling Koyomi back at the beginning of Eclipse.
>>
>>46741426
>>Change your appearance, it wouldn’t do for the enemy to learn Red Eyes was in France
>>
>>46741426
I'll back >>46741593
>>
Counting and writing
>>
>>46741426

>Write in: Do all the things

Higher priority should be:

Lower priority should be:
>Head toward that Earth Node you’ve found
>Write in: Search the Ellis Unlimited building for clues

"While I'm doing something else" priority should be:

"After everything else" priority should be:
>Head back up and see if you can take the stairwell back to Tokyo

Yes, I'm suggesting we set up our alternate return before testing our primary. I'd rather not warp back to Tokyo testing it only to discover it won't take us to France twice in a row and we missed our chance to investigate.
>>
>>46741905
Missed the vote, but I think the winner was "Do most of the things", which wasn't far off from yours.
>>
>>46742045
So many things.

I wonder if I should start adopting a pick one, pick two, or pick three formatting for certain votes. Taking a play out of Tufflequest.
>>
>>46742045
Either I write too slowly or I don't refresh the thread often enough. Or both.
>>46742095
That's probably a good idea if there's no reasonable way to give Mikage a deadline in-quest and the options can't be made explicitly contradictory the way "ride the flying thing" and "don't ride the flying thing" were. I suppose you could also give us fewer options at the start, but that might get boring.
>>
>>46742363
After a certain point, they also change from "what were are doing now" to "what we'd like to do after".

Transforming, heading for the node, and letting keiko know our alternate exit strategy are all things that could go off at once.

Poking around the area/building/stairs afterward is more planning since we're likely to have other things to interact with and vote on before we can get to that point again.

>>46742095
At least there are some limits, you've done a good job of cutting things off when some actions will lead to interruption of others.
>>
Well, you have a way to gain something previously unexpected from today’s mission. Might as well take it while you’re here. Though not as you are now.

Using your powers of subtle magic, you activate your disguise pen and abandon your combined identity and become someone who will seem more natural to this setting. You don the guise and by natural process the persona of your inner Francophile.

Rising from the shadows as Daphne, you adjust your beret

As much as you want to now exult in your presence in this beauteous country...you have a mission you must attend non!

Though as you run through the streets in the direction of your hopeful prize, you do remove your compact again and once more call Keiko.

“Keiko, It is I!” you declare into the compact while you grab tightly to your scarf through you accented tongue.

“Ummm...hi?”

“I mean, I’m...it is complicated, yes? I am investigating something before I see if the way home is still open,”

“Okay,” she asks hesitantly.

“But, if it is now, and listen carefully if you please,” you intone seriously, “I will instruct you how to conduct the Sailor Planet Teleport with the Quartet,”

End
>>
Next time on Eclipsed Moon Quest

...skulls. Wall to ceiling skulls.
>>
>>46743078
Yeah, down did seem like it would be catacombs.
Lovely cheerful times.
>>
File: Skull Moon Wand.jpg (427 KB, 500x713) Image search: [Google]
Skull Moon Wand.jpg
427 KB, 500x713
>>46743078
>>46743020
Thanks for running!
>>
>>46743286
You are welcome.
>>
>>46743078
Thanks for the thread Artemis.
>>
>>46743020
>“I will instruct you how to conduct the Sailor Planet Teleport with the Quartet,”

Maybe we should just use that instead of risking getting caught sneaking through the building again.
>>
File: SPT.jpg (50 KB, 714x478) Image search: [Google]
SPT.jpg
50 KB, 714x478
>>46743801
Maybe?
>>
>>46743099
Spoopy town?
>>
>>46743801
Ah, but we want to snoop more.
>>
>>46747752
But that is for the future. Time for skulls for the ??? !
>>
>>46743078
Totally not a hint that teleportion works by travelling through the warp.
>>
I have an idea: keep poking around, locate the enemy's base in France. The have the senshi drop a full attack on the Japan base while we dive into the French one. In theory, the assault in Japan could start them heading toward that while we get in pretty deep before they realize someone is into their more sensitive area.
>>
Or we could retire here and be Daphne forever! We'll quest for the freshest of baguettes and the and most wonderful cafes!
>>
>>46751196
Interesting plan, and changing the tone of the quest. Of all the personalities to abscond with the body I expected Daphne the least.
>>
>>46752321
What, did you think Dan or the otaku would have the motivation for something like this?
>>
>>46753394
>Mimi takeover
>quest becomes about arguing with Saori about others quests & lewd quests in doujin form
>Saori is the dominant friend in the social dynamic because we're too shy
>and she knows it
>Saori, what are you doing?
>save us, Kairi!
>wait, don't save us
>join us
>>
>>46751196
Daphne Quest? Just an asian girl with a magical diss associative disorder pretending to be French in France?
>>
>>46754310
Muahahaaa
>>
>>46752321
A fresh baguette DOES sound pretty nice right about now.
>>
>>46752321
It's always the quiet ones.
>>
>>46756707
We could come back with baguettes and croissants and fresh ground coffee.
>>
>>46760065
There are things for traveling between nodes you control, hoping our natural knack for attunement helps with that, otherwise I think there are things we need first.
But it would be super awesome to have a backdoor to France.
>>
>>46760285
I was wondering if we could develop a spell to let us teleport between earth nodes.
>>
File: Best+baguette+Paris+2016.jpg (66 KB, 805x453) Image search: [Google]
Best+baguette+Paris+2016.jpg
66 KB, 805x453
>>46760065
Oh man, not only can you get baguette by the basket-load there are special baskets just for that!
>>
Okay then.

So next thread, apparently, will be floor to ceiling skulls AND more Baguettes than Senshi were meant to know.

I commend you all for remembering that sometimes Mikage very much is Usagi's daughter.
>>
File: save the bread.gif (450 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
save the bread.gif
450 KB, 500x374
>>46762717
Bread is very important to our lineage.
>>
>>46762717
When traveling to another country for the first time, it’s only right that you sample the local cuisine.
>>
>>46763099
With all that running around we'll need a pickmeup.
Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.