[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overlord Quest Part 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 18
File: Overlord.jpg (63 KB, 642x362) Image search: [Google]
Overlord.jpg
63 KB, 642x362
Rules for this are simple. I'm going to post a chunk of text, followed by a set of options. Sometimes there'll be more, sometimes there'll be less. Regardless, the rules for you guys are to take a choice from the options provided and roll a d100 for effectiveness. I'll only look at the first 10 comments after any options are given for rolls determined. To make your votes matter, i'm going to go with the highest voted option, followed by highest rolls. You guys are heavily encouraged to add minor details for flavor. (Rolls make sure that certain aspects of flavored text win)

>Character creation completed; Warmage with broken steel armor, cowl to cover it
>Weapon chosen; scythe with power that increases through soul count to complete reaper look
>First hamlet conquered with diplomacy and sheer brilliance through tactics
>Soul count: 0
>Number of dead: 0 (For now)
>>
File: direwolf.jpg (69 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
direwolf.jpg
69 KB, 640x960
You began the trip to caravan the needed materials back to the ruined keep, where, upon the first nightfall, you realized that neither you nor your troops have the need to eat or sleep, though your minions seem to be very interested in eating the people when they lag behind. None have been harmed yet, but you grow mildly uneasy about the implications before the thoughts are shoved out of your head at the sound of booming howls off in the distance.
Dire wolves are setting upon the caravan.

>Circle the wagons, set up a fire, and have the minions be the frontline
>Let them do as they will, your minions and supplies are all that matters
>Step out from the caravan line with X minions in tow and deal with them before they become a threat
>Write in/Other
>>
>>46714180
>Step out from the caravan line with X minions in tow and deal with them before they become a threat
How many minions do we have.
>>
>>46714180
>Circle the wagons, set up a fire, and have the minions be the frontline
>>
>>46714279
20 in total, 10 Browns, 3 Reds, 3 Greens and 4 Blues
>>
Rolled 25 (1d100)

>>46714279
>>
>>46714180
>>46713936
>no furries allowed
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>46714418
>remember to roll dice after the fact because you're a dumbass
>>
>>46714348
You still there
>>
File: motives.jpg (178 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
motives.jpg
178 KB, 500x500
>>46714796
Yup, just wanted to give people the chance to vote. Figured half an hour should be enough.
>>46714279
>Stepping out from the caravan line with X minions in tow to deal with them before they become a threat

You decide to take about 3 browns and a Red out of the lines to follow up with you as you go hunting for the Dire wolves. The howling came from the nearby woods, though they were a bit off.

>Doesn't matter, the threat is worth leaving the caravan alone
>Set up a meat trap nearby so that you can ambush the wolves
>Start burning down the forest
>Write in/Other
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>46714918
>Set up a meat trap nearby so that you can ambush the wolves
>>
>>46714918
>Start burning down the forest
hhehehehee
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>46714918
should roll for >>46715357
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

> doesnt matter, stay with caravan

why am i rolling since im essentially voting for no action whatsoever? hell if i know, maybe the numbers will affect what op does next.
>>
>>46715089

dat roll.
>>
Hello is anyone still here.
>>
File: lookatem.jpg (22 KB, 206x240) Image search: [Google]
lookatem.jpg
22 KB, 206x240
>>46715357
Not my job to make rolls for you peeps. You should remember and its in the header.
>>46715583
Rolls determine A. How well the action is performed and B. If your vote outweighs another. Helps to keep things mildly competitive.
>>46715089
>Set up a meat trap nearby and ambush the wolves

You decide to take a single cow from the herd and guide it with minions in tow around a quarter mile from the campsite. You slaughter the cow, and hang it up to aerate out. Within minutes, the pack of a half dozen dire wolves arrive, completely ignoring your incompetent minions that cannot actually hide.

>Have Red to make a circle of flame, proceed to slaughter them
>Attempt to tame them
>Write In/Other
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>46716229
>Attempt to tame them
>>
>>46716229
Is this going to take a hour too?
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>46716229

>Have Red to make a circle of flame, proceed to slaughter them
>>
>>46716416
Rude. Also, I figured 30-60 minutes as a standard might help draw out lurkers, since this IS a participation thread. I am also doing my own things between iterations, so please be patient.
>>
File: onlyway.jpg (20 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
onlyway.jpg
20 KB, 500x283
>>46716432
Have the Red make a circle of flame, proceed to slaughter them

You give the Red his orders and he begins going to work as the dire wolves begin to sate their hunger on the cow. You come out of hiding and begin the attack.

Within seconds, you fell two of them with a single swipe, and the rest turn to fall in on you. Your Browns come in and do their share, killing 1 of their own each. You sadly lose one of them in the middle of the fight and kill the last one yourself.

Your Red then finishes completing a hexagonal ring of fire through the treelines. Not having any of this incompetence but still valuing your troops' numbers, you put out the fire yourself and make your way back to the caravan.

You finish making it back to the keep within a few days, managing to hold onto most of the supplies for yourself. After depositing the supplies and sending the people back, Gnarl approaches you.

"What is the next objective, my lord?"

>Other Hamlet
>Small keep in the hills
>Kingdom itself
>Wait for more troops from the hives
>>
>>46716556
Sorry didn't now.
>>
>>46716993
Small keep in the hills, we can make it our first evil outpost and hire a miniboss to guard it
>>
>>46716993
How far is the keep compared to other hamlet?
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>46716993
>Small keep in the hills
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>46717081
Fug, I guess dice rolling doesn't work on mobile. Trying again in case I'm a retard
>>
>>46717086
Hamlet is 5 days to the west, small keep is a week to the southeast
>>
File: hm.gif (363 KB, 250x173) Image search: [Google]
hm.gif
363 KB, 250x173
Also, probably should have posted this earlier, but here's P1, where a lot of questions might be answered: >>46591414

>>46717087
>Small keep in the hills

"Excellent choice, my lord" Gnarl replies. "However, I must insist on reminding you that our information may be out of date. I would strongly suggest caution upon attempting to conquer this place."

>Continue to attempt diplomatic strong-arming
>Fire and sword seems pretty convenient for a wood and stone keep
>Try and tame some wildlife to assist on the way over
>Write in/other
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

>>46717644
Tame wildlife on the way over and continue diplomatic strongarming
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>46717806
Seconding tame wildlife
>>
Rolled 92 (1d100)

>>
File: noface.gif (493 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
noface.gif
493 KB, 320x240
>>46717806
>>46717904
>Tame wildlife on the way over and continue diplomatic strongarming

"An excellent choice, my lord. I would highly recommend spending time over in the Twilight woods, a mere day's journey out of the way. I believe there is an advanced race of primate living there that may greatly assist you if you can somehow tame them. That aside, you should also know there is now an extra Brown available for usage from the Hives. I have already given it orders to follow the group as a whole. By the way, your minions that helped you kill the dire wolves are requesting permission to receive a promotion. What should I tell them?"

>Question more about minion hierarchy and mechanics
>Give them the promotions, they deserve it
>NO PROMOTIONS
>All but the red
>Only the red
>Write in/Other
>>
Rolled 12 (1d100)

>>46718362
Question about minion hierarchy and promotions. We'd better understand how our minions work before we decide anything
>>
>>46718735
That should say hierarchy, mechanic sand promotions
>>
>>46718362
>All but the red

FUCKING HELL RED, I LOVED YOU.
>>
Rolled 99 (1d100)

>>46718795
fucking dice didn't go through
>>
File: attention.gif (233 KB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
attention.gif
233 KB, 500x288
>>46718735
>Question about minion hierarchy and promotions

"Minions, as you have probably found out, are not exactly the most intelligent of beings. Within a minion hierarchy, there is a direct chain of command, being that there is always someone ahead, up until the top. Currently, the hierarchy is you, myself, and then it's the masses. While you can set up squads of minions to do different things, you need to promote a minion to Team Captain or higher for them to take or recieve orders with any efficiency. That being said, Team Leaders cannot have equal levels of authority within the masses, so it's better to have a primary force followed by secondaries and so on. To visually enforce this, the minions tend to wear more extensive headwear with a label as to what they are within society, with higher rank being a larger hat. The names are currently unknown until you make them, so feel free to make ranks and positionings as you will among them. They do know, however, that they cannot surpass you or I in rank. Also, they DO have names, so keep that in mind. Would you like to know anything else?"

>Give them scaling promotions, the two browns, then the red, all one higher than another.
>Talk to the minions and get to know them better
>Ignore fluff, go tame the wild beasts with horde
>Make squads before going
>Write in/Other
>Give the red the highest promotion
>>
>>46718795
Sorry Salt, thread didn't refresh as I was typing, so you get yours ignored.
>>
Rolled 64 (1d100)

>>46718890
>Make squads before going

>>46718921
Angry chirping.
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>46718890
Can we do two things? If so, give them scaling promotions then split into squads like >>46718939 said. If not, just do promotions
>>
>>46719038
Yes, you can, if not under 'flavor text' as stated in header, you could do it at least under the guise of "Write in/Other", which is there in case i'm not creative enough to give you all the impression that there's a lot of choice involved in this.
>>
>>46719149
Also, for future note, yes, 'Other/Write in' will always be an option, because you guys might think of something great that's not on there.
>>
File: dravening.jpg (9 KB, 229x186) Image search: [Google]
dravening.jpg
9 KB, 229x186
>>46719038
Higher roll, so
>Give them scaling promotions then split into squads

"Excellent idea, my lord. Due to our small number of forces, I would recommend that you only make at most two squads unless you feel like there should be an entirely different scouting party."

>Two veteran browns as team leader, balance the remaining forces, screw the Red
>Red as overall squad leader, no other promotions needed
>Green Scouting party (additional option to tack onto either of the above)
>Write in/Other
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>46719321
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>46719321
>Red as overall squad leader, no other promotions needed
>>
File: bait.png (58 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
58 KB, 625x626
>>46719378

"Very well, my lord. I shall arrange them in two separate squads. For future notice, the two minions are named Horty and Torty. Oh, before I do so, what would you like the squads to be named?"

>Alpha and Bravo
>Team 1 and Team 2
>Fuck and You
>Kill and Burn
>Maim and Tame
>Write in/Other
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>46719900
>Maim and Tame
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>46719900
>Fuck and You
I'll also accept Eat and Shit
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>46719900
>Maim and Tame

Is it too late for the Green scouting party?
>>
File: baitaccepted.png (35 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
baitaccepted.png
35 KB, 625x626
>>46720134
>Fuck and You

"Understood, my lord. For future reference, Horty will be the higher of the two squad leaders and will be in charge of team Fuck, while Torty will be the next highest in command and in charge of Team You. Oh, and with those supplies you've brought in, the forge is working once more. If you wish to, I would recommend securing an iron deposit of some sort and sending minions to ferry the mines in the future to make costs of new arms and armaments cheaper. That aside, I wish you luck on your newest adventure, my lord."

He leaves your side and you begin prepping for the couple days' worth of marching with the minions.

In a few days you arrive at the path leading into the Twilight woods. You begin thinking to yourself of a path of approach to these advanced primates. Not knowing how advanced they are, they could be anywhere between fully sentient to and old civilizations' tools of war. Or perhaps both. The second seems like a possibly hazardous scenario. What's the plan of approach?

>Just burn it all, we can diplomacy afterwards
>Go in alone and attempt diplomacy with threat of setting fire to the woods in mind
>Go in with squad You and kill some before diplomacy
>Go in with squads Fuck and You and capture as many as possible
>Write in/Other
>>
File: crying.gif (486 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
crying.gif
486 KB, 250x141
>>46720256
Yes, and also, like what happened to Salt earlier, you managed to make a post as I was typing from the cutoff, so you will be sadly ignored. Apologies to future thread.
>>
Rolled 51 (1d100)

>>46720390
Negotiate from a position of strength.

I also like burning things.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

>>46720390

>Go in alone and attempt diplomacy with threat of setting fire to the woods in mind, Declear you are a god
>>
File: fuckeverything.gif (990 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
fuckeverything.gif
990 KB, 400x225
>>46720488

You decide to spread the squads out and have them funnel the enemy force towards you with the fire. Within 10 minutes, you can manage to see the immense clouds of smoke through the thick treeline. You can hear the thundering of massive footsteps approaching. There's also the sound of metal clashing against itself, something like armor. You assume they're well equipped, probably leftovers from some warfaring nation.

Your jester seems to be the one who makes it back first. You forgot about that one entirely. Too late for that now. You see the incoming stampede, and it appears to be approximately 50 or so primates of various sizes wearing various types of gear, from the little ones carrying spears and wearing loincloths, to the large ones who appear to be fully armored and carrying...war cymbals? That's different. Makes you wonder what they fought against previously. No matter, here they come.

>Attempt to halt them with a magical display of force
>Attempt to gain their attention by slaying their leader
>Diplomacy begins
>Kill them all, not worth it
>Write in/Other

(Also, from this point on, thread will slow down further, I should be back within two hours. Feel free to argue or whatever to keep the thread bumped until then.)
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>46720963
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>46720963
>I AM A GOD!
>>
>>46721679
I see no point in arguing
>>
File: iwillbeyourgod.jpg (564 KB, 1125x675) Image search: [Google]
iwillbeyourgod.jpg
564 KB, 1125x675
Sorry for the wait everyone, now resuming.

>>46721679
>I AM A GOD!

You summon the arcane potency from the forest around you and bend it to your whim with seductive ease. It wells up, making you feel more powerful than you can ever remember. You feel it course through you, this untapped arcane potential, and it begins to make its way into your mindset. You become elated at the power you have recieved, and give forth a massive, arcane storm in the form of an overwhelming bellow. It is so powerful that it awakens an instinctive fear and inspires the first form of mental language that the primates have ever experienced.

"I AM YOUR GOD!"

Suddenly, the fires die down, the woods become deathly silent. You look about, and all things nearby have knelt before you. Even the birds themselves have landed to show their loyalty. As the adrenaline wears off (The magical equivalent, anyways) you begin to think. What do you do now?

PICK TWO+

>Inspirational speech because they're already loyal
>Have the jester be promoted to interpreter/ambassador and have him learn the language of the primates while having them become pets/subjects
>Have the minions round them up and bring them along. They won't disobey.
>Write in/Other
>>
>>46723980
Fuck my name was off cause I was elsewhere but good pic OP. I approve.
>Write in/other, Get to know about our new 'loyal' subjects and what the place has to offer us.
>inspirational speech because they're already loyal.
>>
>>46724021
This
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>46724021
FUCKING HELL
>>
File: howheretical.png (225 KB, 450x440) Image search: [Google]
howheretical.png
225 KB, 450x440
>>46724185
>You'd forget your HEAD if it wasn't screwed on
>Get to know about our new 'loyal' subjects and what the place has to offer us.
>inspirational speech because they're already loyal.

You begin to make a cinematic movie speech about the loyalty of subjects and how they are truly the backbone of society. After a bit of chattering and the minions attempts at communicating, it seems your minions now know Primate. They begin to translate and have actually taught the primates the basics of human speech. It's amazing what a movie speech can do.

You then move on to the essentials, like what they are, why are they living out there, and how theyd feel if they were to come and become permanently indentured servants. Also maybe raiding a nearby fortress because the people living there have committed an UNSPEAKABLE TREACHEROUS ACT against their newfound god, and should be rightfully punished.

They effectively agree to all of the above, but mention they can only go out at dark hours, which is fairly acceptable for a free army that can sustain itself otherwise. They also request time to dig a temporary hole in the ground so that they may sleep throughout the days. You find this still very much acceptable. You begin to march to the enemy keep during after dusk from henceforth.

You make it to the fortress shortly after dusk a few days later. You now have a few options of how to proceed.
>Call out leader, attempt diplomacy
>Attempt magic to garner attention/throw open the gates
>Get those gates open, set the walls on fire
>Write in/Other
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>46724358

I fucking would.
>>
>>46713936
can i get a link to the previous quest?
>>
>>46724632
Right over here: >>46717644
>>
File: push.jpg (65 KB, 637x358) Image search: [Google]
push.jpg
65 KB, 637x358
>>46724426

You begin summoning the arcane potency of the area and bending it to your whim. It's not as clean as last time, nor as exhilarating. You throw it out with a bellow and a shove, blasting the keep's gate and doors over.

>Start walking towards Great Hall/Throne Room for better vantage point for the strongarm negotiations to come
>Get inside and wait for soldiers to come forth
>Simply wait. You can overpower them easily enough
>Encourage them some more with some fire lobbed over the walls
>Write in/Other

(Only going to do one more choice for you all and them i'm going to finish up for the night)
>>
Rolled 15 (1d100)

>>46724781
>Start walking towards Great Hall/Throne Room for better vantage point for the strongarm negotiations to come
>>
Rolled 11 (1d100)

>>46724781
>Start walking towards Great Hall/Throne Room for better vantage point for the strongarm negotiations to come.
>>
File: oldmanofkeep.jpg (134 KB, 759x1052) Image search: [Google]
oldmanofkeep.jpg
134 KB, 759x1052
>>46724827
>>46725099
>Start walking towards Great Hall/Throne Room for better vantage point for the strongarm negotiations to come.

You begin striding towards their Great Hall, small army following in tow. You plant yourself upon the throne and have the minions line the walls as the soldiers of the keep uneasily file in, terrified and confused. The leader of the bunch comes inside towards the end of the line. He's an old man, but you can see the bitterness on his face. He looks at you and his eyes widen.

"I was told of your death by some of the heroes who claimed to have slain you. I won't bother to ask how you have returned, all I ask is what you wish to do with this keep. Shall it be the same as before? Annual taxes and someone you can trust on the throne while you are away conquering the world? I do hope you remember our old deal, my friend. Though I cannot blame you if you do not remember."

>What the shit? Who the hell are you, geezer?
>Yeah, old friend. Same as before. Same as it ever was.
>Who are you?
>Yes, but with some changes.
>Why don't you remind me of the terms, my memory is a bit fuzzy
>Write in/Other
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

>>46725373
>Other/Write in, WHOLE LOTS OF EXPLAINING

>What the shit? Who the hell are you, geezer?
>Who are you?
>Why don't you remind me of the terms, my memory is a bit fuzzy

Thought that was the last one OP? You actually sticking around or heading out?
>>
>>46725442
I said there was one more. This is the last one with choice. Next post will basically be epilogue for the night and end of this week's quest.
>>
>>46725473
Ah well alright, Its late here. Shame it tampered off at the end.
>>
File: lamps.jpg (222 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
lamps.jpg
222 KB, 1920x1080
>>46725373
>Other/Write in, WHOLE LOTS OF EXPLAINING

"Ah, so you don't remember. I suppose the details don't entirely matter, but I was a recruited and trusted leader of yours for a long period of time, and even spent time in the castle. I believe Gnarl should still be around, but...I always felt uneasy around him. You eventually stuck me in this keep as your "Iron General". Your old deal was quite clear. We send you yearly supplies of iron from the mines down below, and, if the need arises, provide information or come to your aid. I'm assuming you don't need more than a half ton of iron per year even now, correct?"

You begin to remember...something. It's fuzzy, but you remember that you had spent time with this man. He was a close, trusted friend. There were others, as well. About another dozen, not including yourself. You cannot recall any of their faces at the moment, but you remembered you trusted them. Your head begins throbbing in pain, and you declare that, yes, that would be all. You also state that it was a pleasure to see him again, even in his old age, and that it is truly a shame that you cannot stay around to catch up on what has changed over the time spent apart. You take your army and leave, having secured a deposit of iron.

As you go home, you ask yourself what exactly happened to you in your past life. Perhaps Gnarl can tell you when you return. You wonder how he'll respond to the reinforcements.

Part 2 FIN; See you all next week, hope you enjoyed the thread.
>>
>>46725806
Thanks for the run OP, have a good one!
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.