[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General - /pfg/ What have you become edition Un
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: PZO9287-Kirii.jpg (116 KB, 788x1000) Image search: [Google]
PZO9287-Kirii.jpg
116 KB, 788x1000
Pathfinder General - /pfg/

What have you become edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/YhdxTQS6

Previous bread:
>>
File: angered harpy.png (805 KB, 600x889) Image search: [Google]
angered harpy.png
805 KB, 600x889
/pfg/

I recently got the 4th level Iron Tortoise maneuver "Ricochet Shell." As far as I can tell, I only make one attack roll while using it, and apply that to all four enemies. Is this correct?

>>46707430
Is this supposed to be a Strix?
>>
File: GangstasInTheSky.png (574 KB, 824x1147) Image search: [Google]
GangstasInTheSky.png
574 KB, 824x1147
>>46707481
Checked my pdf, yep, that's apparently a strix. NG oracle-5 leader of the one village that has a truce with Cheliax.
>>
File: DH-2.jpg (261 KB, 406x568) Image search: [Google]
DH-2.jpg
261 KB, 406x568
Id dual wielding light crossbows viable? What about rapid shot?

The established school of thought is that rapid shot should be used almost always with bows since -2 isn't that bad. However, if I'm dual wielding, a total of -4 and then a further penalty if I'm using deadly aim just seems too much.

As cool as dual wielding is, I'm not sure it's viable with the bolt ace due to the attack penalties being too serious.

On the other hand, you have 19-20/x4 crit, so perhaps having more attacks is better?

E.g. level 5 bolt ace with a +1 weapon, 20 DEX
Attack bonus is +11
TWF would make that +9/+9
TWF and rapid shot would make that +7/+7/+7, if I'm working this out right?

Is taking a penalty of more than a third of my attack bonus worth it?
>>
>>46707525
Don't forget, Light Crossbows take a -2 penalty when being fired one-handed.
>>
>>46707525
I don't understand why you wouldn't just use hand crossbows for this purpose.
>>
>>46707525
TWF using light crossbows is not -2/-2, it's -6/-6. Do not do that, use hand crossbows instead.
>>
>>46707573
>>46707585
Lack of EWP for them, I guess? Not that it makes any fucking sense for a scaled-down crossbow to be an exotic weapon, but that's Paizo for you.
>>
>>46707585
Wait scratch that, it's -4/-4, I thought they counted as one-handed not light.

>>46707591
Bolt aces are proficient with all crossbows.
>>
>>46707591
You could also get the ioun stone that nets you weapon familiarity with them for 1.5k.
>>
>>46707596
No excuse, then! 1d4->1d6 means pretty much fucking nothing as far as overall damage output, but an effective +2 to hit certainly outweighs the bigger damage dice.
>>
>>46707573
Because hand crossbows have abysmal damage and require another feat for proficiency.

>>46707565
>>46707585
>>46707596

Oh fuck, I forgot about that - yeah that's a total deal-breaker. I'll probably go with a light crossbow with crossbow mastery, or a heavy crossbow with rapid reload and crossbow mastery to get free action reloads.
>>
>>46707615
They do on average 1 less damage than a hand crossbow, and dont have that -2 to every shot. It'll pay out in the long run.
>>
>>46707674
Hand crossbow is 1d4 damage, light crossbow is 1d8, heavy is 1d10, averages are 2.5. 4.5, 5.5 unless I'm missing something?
>>
File: bobbing bird.gif (932 KB, 258x258) Image search: [Google]
bobbing bird.gif
932 KB, 258x258
>>46707430
Strix are cute! CUTE!
>>
File: Axe2.jpg (112 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Axe2.jpg
112 KB, 1000x1000
I wrote up the following weapon a couple threads back, but never really got any feedback. I'm mostly trying to make sure this works as written, so please feel free to tell me where I fucked up.

>Dwarven Shield-Axe:

>This heavily-reinforced, top-heavy weapon of exotic dwarven design appears, at first glance, to be similar to a dwarven double waraxe. Unlike that weapon, it seems far heavier and sturdier than most other arms common to its creators. Built to catch blades and turn aside arrows, the shield-axe trades offensive power for defensive strength, making it the weapon of choice of many guards and infantrymen.

>Description: Due to its strange design and lopsided weight, a dwarven shield-axe is an exotic weapon. It acts as a heavy steel shield with shield spikes in every way, except it does slashing damage instead of piercing damage. As normal, it must be enchanted separately as both a weapon and a shield. A Medium character can use a dwarven shield-axe two-handed as a martial weapon, or a Large creature can use it one-handed the same way.

>Racial Affinity: A dwarf treats a dwarven shield-axe as a martial weapon even when using it in one hand.

I'm just trying to make sure it would still work with Improved Shield Bash and other shield feats, mostly.

>>46707694
+2 to hit is going to be way more than +2 average damage, in the long run.
>>
>>46707724
>+2 to hit is going to be way more than +2 average damage, in the long run.
That's actually a very good point, especially since I'll be able to benefit from deadly aim to a greater degree.

Kind of tempted to do juggler bard 2/bolt ace 5 or alchemist 2/bolt ace 5 so I can dual-wield light crossbows. I also looked it up and bolt aces are proficient in all crossbows so no feat for proficiency is necessary.
>>
>>46707525
crossbows only crit on 20 and do x2 damage.
a level 5 bolt ace changes that to 19-20 and x3 damage.

>>46707694
range.
>>
TWF crossbows is just a feat hole you can never fully dig yourself out of.
>>
So, going back to the level 5 20 DEX example with two +1 hand crossbows

The attack options are:
+11
+9/+9 with TWF
+7/+7/+7 with rapid shot
These attacks are dealing 1d4+6 damage
Using deadly aim that changes to
+9
+7/+7
+5/+5/+5
Dealing 1d4+10 damage

>>That feel when this is mediocre as fuck

>>46707767
>crossbows only crit on 20 and do x2 damage.
>a level 5 bolt ace changes that to 19-20 and x3 damage.

Bracers of the falcon senpai
>>
Hand cross bows still need two hands to reload don't they? Diping alchemist for the extra arm?
>>
>>46707941
>>dipping alchemist
Tentacle, but yes.

Getting DEX mutagens is nice too.
>>
>>46707830

I made some Homebrew Crossbow rules because I've never liked how they worked.

I think it has a nice balance between accuracy, damage, and crit potential - and long reloads.
>>
File: Crossbows.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Crossbows.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46708004

Right, I was going to post it too.
>>
>>46707830
Well a Fighter could probably fix that. Honestly with Advanced Weapon Training (Focused Weapon), I very much doubt that the Bolt Ace would even outdamage the Fighter in the long run - and WMH also handed out gunslinger deeds for feats. Just don't take Crossbowman or you don't get Advanced Weapon Training.
>>
>>46708030
>no light or hand crossbow options
pls
>>
>>46707941
Use weapon creation rule to create a wrist crossbow.
>>
/pfg/, I have a question. Let's say you've got a character with an arbitrarily high AC, let's say 100. Doesn't really matter what the number is, it's high enough that you can only hit it on a 20. Is there a way to transfer that into attack/damage somehow? Outslug Style might work, but it's not clear if you can stack the bonus from it or not. Is there another similar effect I'm missing?
>>
File: 233.png (371 KB, 765x994) Image search: [Google]
233.png
371 KB, 765x994
>>46708561
You mean like the one from Ultimate Intrigue?
>>
>>46708587
That's not a crossbow though. crossbow mastery wouldn't apply.
>>
>>46708607
See I don't know about that, if you're proficient with a hand crossbow you're automatically proficient with the wrist launcher, implying they're similar enough to be in the same weapon group.
>>
>>46708575
Snake fang.
>>
>>46708575
>>46708690
Note: this also works amazingly well with the perfect opening class feature from the Champion of Irori PrC.
Pick monk of many styles as your base monk with it and combine crane style and snake fang.
You'll tear assholes. Painfully.
>>
>>46708690
Snake Fang only gives you the ability to retaliate, and it's limited by AoOs. I'm looking for an actual attack/damage boost based on your AC or attacks that have missed you.
>>
>>46708725
>and it's limited by AoOs
When you have, like, 10 of them per round, it's a non-issue.
>>
>>46708725
There might be something in the djezet skin handbook. Try looking around it.
>>
>>46708805
Are you talking about AMH, or was that another book? I guess there might be something I missed in the AMH, I'll have to re-read it
>>
>>46708575
Weapon Trick: One-handed
>>
>>46708865
I assume you're talking about Stylish Riposte which is, again, just a retaliatory attack and not an attack/damage booster.
>>
So, I need to crush this faggot

>http://www.archivesofnethys.com/MonsterDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Shaorhaz,%20Glutton%20of%20the%20Green

I have no clue at all how to do it.
I got about 50-100 K of gold to work with if I really break the bank.

Capture, destruction, binding permanently, whatever works.
How do I crush this fuck?
>>
>>46709191
What's your party composition like?
>>
How does Hell's Vengeance compare with Way of the Wicked?
>>
>>46709338
Too soon for me to tell....
>>
>>46708946
You're not going to get AC to attacks or damage ever. You can get COMPONENTS of your AC to that stuff though, such as your Dexterity.
>>
When is Strange Aeons coming out?
>>
File: img-453010448.jpg (75 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
img-453010448.jpg
75 KB, 768x576
>>46709338
It's like comparing Scarface to the Joker.

Hell's Vengeance is about a bunch of mooks climbing their way up the ladder of villainy, working under and then stepping on successive bosses until they're eventually the right hands of the Queen and the top strike force of the Chelish Army.

Way of the Wicked has you go straight to "strike force hitting hardened targets to launch an invasion" at the end of the first book. At 4th or 5th level. The fact that low-level characters being capable of such is absurd is ignored because SHUT UP WE'RE COOL VILLAINS WE KILL EVERYONE *unsheathes katana* NOTHING PERSONNEL.

You have to suspend your disbelief pretty much constantly to keep up with the absurd escalation in WotW, and as a result it reaches much greater heights (which is not necessarily a good thing considering how PF falls to fucking pieces at the high-ends of any scale).
>>
File: 1208491698460.jpg (24 KB, 318x520) Image search: [Google]
1208491698460.jpg
24 KB, 318x520
>>46709513
You do realize that the 'Strike force hitting hardened targets' is specifically mentioned to be viable because your boss has been planning it for years.
And because of hubris on the part of the Kingdom.
And you're expected to use cunning rather than 1 V 1 ME FAGGOTS the entire keep.

Christ I fucking swear, if its not 'MUH WORKING FOR SOMEONE ELSE, BAWW MUH CONTRACT' its 'IT MAKES YOU TOO COOL'
Can you faggots even be pleased?
>>
>>46709647
Nope it's impossible to make these guys happy. To these guys everything paizo does is a crime against humanity.
>>
>>46709833
>Way of the Wicked
>Paizo
You had ONE job. ONE 3pp AP to keep track of.
>>
>>46709833
Thing is, Way of the Wicked isn't even Paizo.
Its 3rd party, Fire Mountain Games, who are Monumental Faggots (Or at least have been about their 2nd AP) I'll admit.

But WotW is fantastic. Straight up one of the best APs ever, no exceptions.
I mean for one thing it has Grumblejack, the best NPC ever.
>>
>>46709191
Hire a 20th level Toxicant Alchemist to poison him, then coup de grace.
>>
>>46709872
What's their second AP? I know literally nothing about them besides WotW, which has always fallen through before the party can even get anything fucking done in the prison, sometimes before even escaping the starting cell.
>>
>>46708575
IIRC, there's a barbarian rage power that gives you a bonus to hit in exchange for a penalty to AC. The exchange rate is exactly the same as the damage/to hit trade made by Power Attack, meaning it can be used to effectively move Power Attack's penalty on attack rolls to your AC instead.
>>
>>46709901
Throne of Night. A fully Darklands AP, which has the neat gimmick of having both good and evil versions (the former being dwarves trying to reclaim the long-lost dwarf kingdom, the latter being outcast drow on the fringes of the drow empire breaking away and then conquering their way back down).

Problem is, it's a Kickstarter project. Got funded. First book released, then the second book. THAT WAS TWO YEARS AGO. THERE HAS BEEN NOTHING SINCE. The artist confirmed that he's kept getting commissions from the writer, but said writer has completely ceased contact with the backers and not said a fucking word on why the fuck it's been delayed so long.
>>
>>46709872
Why does literally everyone seem to love Grumblejack? I'm not saying that as a complaint, but a genuine question- I have never seen someone (myself included) who had played WotW and didn't like Grumblejack. And that's a surprise when it's an evil AP, you'd think someone somewhere would have gone murderhobo on the poor guy, "BECAUSE WE'RE EBIL".
>>
>>46709469
Not soon enough.
>>
>>46709955
Reckless Abandon, which is capped at a pretty low number. Tiger Style has a similar effect, although that's a direct "you can apply power attack's penalty to AC" instead of "gain attack and lose AC"
>>
>>46710034
>>46709469
Reminder that Crystal Fraiser has been given charge as the general lead over Strange Aeons, and that even if she hadn't the AP would still probably flop because Paizo and arguably Pathfinder as a whole can't handle Lovecraftian themes.
>>
>>46710109
They'll still functionally stack with each other, assuming you actually ARE using Power Attack (which, obviously, you should be).
>>
>>46707378
Some, WotC got better on some of their content. They still churned out classes like the truenamer, the soulborn, and that other non-binder from the tome of magic who's so forgettable I can't even remember.

Paizo has done some good work, mainly in half or 2/3 casters. They do have hang ups, though, and I wish they'd get over them. I'm tired of vancian and pools being the only systems.
>>
>>46709513
>hardened targets
Level 2 warriors are not hardened targets for level 5 PCs. Even when there is a whole fortress of them. There are, like, 7 people there who could 1v1 one PC and have any chance of success.
The only asspull in WotW is plotarmor against scrying in the last book.
>>
File: grumblejack.jpg (113 KB, 879x1023) Image search: [Google]
grumblejack.jpg
113 KB, 879x1023
>>46710031
Its hard to describe. He's both loyal AND competent for a start. If you send him off on a job because you're busy yourself, you know that it'll get done and if he can't do it its not through lack of competence but because its something you have to deal with yourself.

He's also Trust worthy, in a world where the vast majority are your enemy and any 'friend' might betray you at any moment? Grumblejack just won't, you saved him from prison and death and in turn he considers you more than an ally.
He's a friend.

Combine that with the fact that most people in the game are going to be Totes Srs and Edgy while he's amazingly boisterous and a bloody good time and manages to come off with this incredible charm and he's just fun to have around.

He's your loyalest companion from the very start of the AP, a vital asset in any plans you can't handle yourself for whatever reasons and develops with you, remaining useful the entire time, being given just enough character development/twists to who he is to have a character arc.
>>
>>46710031
>poor guy
He's a man-eating ogre, not a poor guy.
>>
>>46710111
I think you have that mixed up, Crystal was only suppose to write the second book of Strange Aeons, not the whole thing (Adam Daigle is the lead dev for Strange Aeons last I checked). But then the devs have said that they've changed things up a little and now the second book is being written by Tito Leati (who hasn't written very much for Pathfinder before so I have no idea what to think of him). Crystal DOES have an AP that she's going to be the main lead on, but it's the one after Strange Aeons and I don't think any details have been leaked about it at all yet. After that comes JJ's "secret project", which I think he's implied isn't even an adventure path at all.
>>
>>46709191
Charger build

Combine it with swashbuckler to get stuff like being able to knock down an enemy with no CMB check

Enjoy
>>
File: gIPePqv.png (44 KB, 1603x296) Image search: [Google]
gIPePqv.png
44 KB, 1603x296
>>46710111
That's the AP after Strange Aeons, ya maroon. In fact, she pulled out of writing the second book of Strange Aeons to work on whatever the next is.
>>
File: iwantone.jpg (23 KB, 320x253) Image search: [Google]
iwantone.jpg
23 KB, 320x253
I really want to run Hellfire Compact for my tabletop group.

Is this a terrible idea?
>>
>>46709191
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/deathWard.html#death-ward

Immunity to energy drain

Find a way to apply this to everyone, or just make a load of use-activated magic items of it
>>
>>46709969
That does sound neat, but I suppose that's to be expected of Kickstarter stuff.

>>46710214
>tfw when I have never even managed to escape from Branderscar
I don't get it. Half the time we meet Grumblejack and then the game straight up implodes for no reason.

I just want to be a fedora-tipping teleporting ninja bad guy sometimes, so I can keep it the hell out of every other campaign/game I play. ;_;

>>46710141
I can agree with the 6th level spellcasters. A bunch of them are absolutely spot-on (Alchemist and Inquisitor especially) but so many of the 4th level spellcasters (beside the Paladin and Ranger) are just mediocre.

For example, the Bloodrager LOOKS fun, but he's just a weaker Barbarian with a super tiny spell list I don't even consider half of the spells they have access to to be worth even thinking about.

It's mostly that Paizo absolutely refuses to expand past "martials can full attack, casters can do whatever the shit they want" and just pile on dozens of new spells with every splat, right alongside another 12-20 trap feats and maybe 1-2 decent ones.

I'm just glad my DMs allow 3pp.
>>
>>46710474
>Ranger

/pfg/ can't seem to agree on whether the Ranger is a good class (whether you mean good by metric of "does its job well" or "is fun to play") or a shit one, what's the deal with that?
>>
>>46710534
>different people have different opinions
gee i wonder why
>>
>>46710214
>tfw grumblejack died during your escape from brandescar
>>
>>46710549
No shit people have different opinions, I'm asking for what reasons people that like the class like it and for what reasons people that dislike the class dislike it. I want to know where this disagreement stems from.
>>
>>46710534
I love the Ranger, but it's not really as effective as the Paladin. It's definitely much better than the 3.5 Ranger, from what I've heard, but it isn't nearly as strong as its CRB brother.

It's pretty much a strictly better Fighter with a little nature magic and a pet, so I don't know why more people don't want to play it.

>>46710549
Honestly, I am curious as to why some people seem to hate the Ranger so much, too. It's a solid T4 class. Nothing amazing, but it's good at what it does.
>>
>>46710534
I don't think there are many people who think Ranger is genuinely shit. It's just that Hunter does the same thing except better, for the most part.
>>
>>46710592
Man, I'm just not seeing it. The Hunter is SIGNIFICANTLY more caster-focused than the normal Ranger is. If you're looking for a nature-themed facebeater, I can't imagine how Hunter is better at that than the Ranger.

But then again, I guess I'm the weird one for not wanting to be focused on spellcasting in PF.
>>
>>46710414
Whats the name of that comic i feel like ive seen it before
>>
>>46710662
Looking For Group. It's kinda shit unless you're super into wacky randumb humor and slow-moving plot.
>>
>>46710662
Looking For Group.

A WoW comic that got popular so the artist filed off the serial numbers and succumbed to Cerberus Syndrome.
>>
>>46710645
Because more spellcasting lets you do EVERYthing better, including fight.
>>
>>46710741
pls egsplain how wiserd can fite betr than fiter
>>
>>46710474
I don't think it's pazio refusing to expand more on martials, it's the"players. They all want super high damage builds and are bored out of there minds with anything else.

I look at PoW and wonder why it's celebrated so much when it's basically the same thing. All they do is damage. I'd take a Cleric or an Eldritch Knight even over something as boring as Warlord.
>>
>>46710645
No, sometimes I want to play some nature-themed guy that doesn't have spell casting. It's unfortunate that less spellcasting = more sucking as a general rule of thumb in Pathfinder, but that doesn't change the fact that the desire for playing a character that's not especially magical is there.
>>
>>46710741
I mean, yes. But I don't like being reliant on those spells to be good at fighting. I'd rather play a Ranger who has baseline competence, than a Hunter who needs a round or more to buff himself so that he's equal/better than the Ranger.

I know I'm not TOTALLY alone in this, because it's part of the reason ToB/PoW exists sort of, since those are effectively martial pusedo-spellcasting, but I feel like I'm strange for not wanting to lean on spells to be effective.
>>
>>46710741
Hide from Animals shits on Hunters though.
>>
>>46710589
>Honestly, I am curious as to why some people seem to hate the Ranger so much, too. It's a solid T4 class. Nothing amazing, but it's good at what it does.
I hate favored enemy. Though, at least they put in a spell to fix that, I think?
>>
>>46710783
PoW absolutely has options other than damage. You just have to go out of your way to pick up the utility stuff, which is generally ignore by a lot of dumb people BECAUSE it does less damage.

Obviously it's not spellcasting-tier versatility, but it's WAY more than Paizo martials get.

>>46710785
I agree with you entirely, friend. One of my most fun characters was a Dwarf Ranger with an Earthbreaker who was part of a short-running PbP game. Never hit level 4, but I had a blast with him.

>>46710826
I can understand that, I suppose. Instant Enemy isn't a perfect solution, but it's A solution.

The problem is mostly that you want to pick a Favored Enemy to suit your backstory, but it can then end up completely useless in whatever game you're playing. This can be partially mitigated by asking the DM what kind of shit you're going to run into, but even that's not foolproof, and requires you to write your backstory around your mechanics. Which is not a bad thing, but I know lots of people who like to do it the other way around.
>>
>>46710826
>I hate favored enemy
>I hate a character being especially good at fighting a certain type of thing
Cuck
>>
>>46710810
Wind Wall shits on archers though.
>>
>>46710801
You asked why the Hunter is better than the Ranger, and you got an answer. Clearly you don't like the answer, but your bias doesn't change the game rules.
>>
>>46710783
>I look at PoW and wonder why it's celebrated so much when it's basically the same thing. All they do is damage.

>warder
>mystic
>veiled moon
>riven hourglass
>elemental flux
>counters in every fucking discipline

You seem to be looking at wrong PoW
>>
>>46710905
C Y C L O N I C
Y C L O N I C C
C L O N I C C Y
L O N I C C Y C
O N I C C Y C L
N I C C Y C L O
I C C Y C L O N
C C Y C L O N I

GET KEKED CASTERFAG
GET KEKED
>>
>>46710962
I'm just stating my opinion, anon. It's not like I was saying people who like the Hunter are idiots or whatever. It's just not my cup of tea.

>>46711000
This meme is really too much work. Curse the guy who came up with it, and curse it for making me smile.
>>
>>46710905
Nobody said a Ranger needs to be an archer. They've got several combat styles they can choose from for their combat style bonus feats. Though admittedly, I've never played a Ranger- so what do I know?
>>
>>46711066
Except for THF they kind of suck(Rangers don't really have the kind of bonus damage to make TWF good, although being able to pick the feats without the prereqs is nice), and if you want a nature-themed guy swinging a big sword around, why would you NOT play a barbarian?
>>
>>46711176
You are aware that Favored Enemy is one of the best +dmg abilities, right? Combined with Instant Enemy, Rangers easily hang with other TWFing classes, and the fact that they can take feats prereq-free means they don't need to waste feats and stat points on propping up stuff.

A high-Str low-Dex TWF Ranger is probably putting out similar damage to any other TWF character, but hasn't spent nearly the same amount of point buy and/or feats as his non-Ranger compatriot.
>>
A player wants a magic item that acts like a deployable dome barrier. Is there something like globe of invulnerability against non magic things?
>>
>>46711367
Nothing I've heard of. I assume he means something like Winston's shield from Overwatch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUAOPsocCis

Could always homebrew an item that produces what is effectively a Wall of Force, but as a sphere?
>>
>>46707430
>What have you become edition
Your sweetest friend
>>
>>46710111
I want Crystal Frasier and Amber Scott to team up on an adventure path. Seriously, I think it would be hilarious.
>>
What alignment would you give a reanimator alchemist who just wants to see how far he can take alchemy and medicine? He also seeks eternal life to have longer to research but, hey, what alchemist doesn't seek that?
>>
>>46711544
The funniest part would be when it sells like dogshit.
>>
>>46710891
Yes, I hate that depending on the campaign you're fucked and can basically toss that ability aside.
>>
>>46711544
>entire AP is about MUH STRUGGLE
>it gets panned by 100% of everybody because nobody wants that nonsense when there's badguys to fight, but the BBEG(s) are just transparent lbgt-hating caricatures that aren't even well-written
Calling it now

>>46711594
Some sort of Neutral, leaning Evil. Maybe. It's your character.

>>46711631
I mean, there are generally a lot of enemies of the same type in a given AP. Just because you can't use it on EVERY enemy in that AP, all the time, doesn't mean it's not a solid ability.
>>
File: ToSRUINSEVERYWHERE.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ToSRUINSEVERYWHERE.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
Dear GM's that make their own shit,

How much can I reasonably make up on the spot, and how much should I prep beforehand? I know I should probably at least have a list of monster statblocks and a general outline of what the party is "intended to do" to run off of, but how many contingencies are just too many? As a bonus, how do I make enemies that use PoW fun to fight when introducing players to the subsystem? How do I do it when the PC(s) are likely to be non-PoW T2-T3 classes? I saw someone link a page about bosses with multiple sets of actions/turn and multiple health pools, has anyone tried that? Is it actually fun?
>>
>>46711367
Resilient sphere?
>>
>>46711367
Emergency Force Sphere.
>>
>>46711821
That's just straight up protection vs. everything, isn't it?
>>
>>46710592
>>46710645
Hunter is a bit of a weird one because they are, in essence, a worse druid. Sure they can fight, but they dont have full BAB progression, they have 6th level casting, and as far as I can tell their animal companion is no better than the druids. The only advantage they get is teamwork feats, which is neat, but also not terribly relevant. The druid has wild shape, for comparison.

Rangers get the benefits of being a real martial and get a full BAB, but they are also really focused. If you are fighting your best favored enemy on your favored terrain, you do glorious amounts of damage and usually end the fight before it starts. Otherwise you are a fighter with a few spells and a buddy instead of heavy armor, which still means you are a better fighter much of the time.

Is the hunter a better ranger? Its kinda hard to say. That 2/3 base attack is actually kinda relevant when your job is attacking monster nadgers for damage, but teamwork feats help with that. The hunter has to divide their wealth whereas the ranger doesnt, but then the ranger isnt really making use of its animal companion in the same way.

Perhaps its a mute point.
>>
>>46710584
Don't remind me, I still feel bad about it.
>>
>>46711836
It does break line of effect, but not all spells have it. It also has a defined amount of hardness and HP, namely hardness 20 and 70 HP if cast from an item with minimum CL. It''d also last 7 rounds.
>>
>>46711838
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was saying. The Hunter ABSOLUTELY can fight as well or better than the Ranger, but ONLY after buffing himself, and that's not always something you can do (whether due to spells/day limits or just not having the action economy to afford to waste a turn buffing).

>>46711887
Oh, I see. That sounds pretty dome barrier-y to me. But I'm not the guy asking, so it's up to him.
>>
Is it just me, or is the Elemental Jaunt feat worthy of moderate lel? It lets you transport to a different plane but doesn't actually let you come back.
>>
>>46711836
Interestingly, if a character taller than the sphere casts this spell, the spell fails.
>>
File: 1446660823625.png (12 KB, 254x166) Image search: [Google]
1446660823625.png
12 KB, 254x166
For an upcoming campaign, the group is going to the Plane of Shadow for some spoopy edgy "fun", but kytons just aren't the kind of spoopy the group wants. To that end, I'm working on a species of shadowy shapeshifters that fuck with their victims' perception and emotions to make them feel like shit, like The Sorrow from Metal Gear Solid 3.

Called "thespians", they can mimic pretty much anyone (hence "thespian", meaning actor) while their base forms are three-dimensional humanoid shadows with Greek robes and theatrical masks. They suck at direct combat, so they isolate their enemies and fuck around with them before going for the kill.

Right now I've got a few subtypes/ranks:
>Fear: The weakest thespians. Too weak to face victims head-on save for jump-scares; generally stay out of sight or in peripheral vision.
>Worthlessness: Spirit away their victim's gear and loot, sometimes all the way down to the clothes on their back. Might also mess with spells.
>Loneliness: Prevents victim from seeing the other party members, and might prevent others from seeing them as well.
>Guilt: Take on the forms of non-evil aligned creatures/people that the victim harmed or wronged, bitching them out and attacking them.
>Tragedy: The strongest thespians, capable of not only shapeshifting but also duplicating themselves, putting on whole "plays" about bad things the victim did or failed to stop.

What are your thoughts? Is any of this a good idea? Are there other subtypes that could be interesting?
>>
>>46712033
That's why you need some Acrobatics ranks to contortion-fit into it.
>>
>>46712214
>Emergency Breakdance Sphere
>>
>>46707430
>what have you become edition
>tmw I am unironically playing a bisexual ninja schoolgirl

I don't know what happened, but I feel something went wrong somewhere down the line.
>>
>>46712198
I like it a lot.
>>
>>46711887
All spells need LoE unless noted, so it's pretty amazing either way.
>>
>>46711786
>How much can I reasonably make up on the spot, and how much should I prep beforehand?

Depends entirely on yourself and how likely your players are to do something you weren't expecting. Some GMs can wing entire sessions without much more than a few statblocks and a general outline of what's going on around the PCs, others need to have everything prepared or they're going to either freeze or fuck up something. Most fall somewhere in-between.
>>
>>46712198
What about a type that wields secrets? Pokes at you with all those dirty little thoughts you keep to yourself?

That might be too close to Guilt, though.
>>
>>46712440
Note that some spells will explicitly continue if they can destroy a barrier, though, like Fireball.
>>
>>46711786
The only thing to do is make sure you include variety so that character specialties can't go totally unused.

Try to balance encounters with brutes, nimble critters, ranged attackers, and magic jerks. Try to target each type of save over the course of a session. Have low AC enemies and high AC enemies. Include locked doors.

Make a Thing be out of reach so the right skills or special abilities can help. Make ranks in the Survival skill matter. That was something I was failing to do before I ran a simple adventure path once.
>>
>>46712198
I'm stealing all of this. The party even has a Fetchling. It's perfect.
>>
>>46711786
I've tried the bosses thing. It's quite fun, though players who are only familiar with Pathfinder might go REEEE over an NPC daring to be built like a monster and not a PC.

The rocket tag and the action economy just makes solo fights not work in PF unless the boss is a caster of some sort with prep time. And even then...
>>
>>46712413
Self-aware cancer is still cancer. That's what you've become, anon.
>>
>>46712198
well obviously they'll need some kind of mind reading ability

another interesting subtype would be Doubt. They appear as fellow party members and express despair or thoughts of giving up.
>>
>>46712512
>>46712553
Thanks for the encouragement. I haven't statted them up yet; I just wanted to see if they were a good concept before I moved on.
>>
File: SENRAN KAGURA.jpg (39 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
SENRAN KAGURA.jpg
39 KB, 600x800
>>46712606
I'm glad to hear it works, because I actually adore big boss vs. party fights, but they're just not a thing you can do normally in PF.

The more I read that Angry DM guy's stuff, the more I think that he's kind of an idiot, but he happened to crank out at least one good idea two if you count splitting races into racial traits + cultural traits, which I do so yay for that.

>>46712413
Tits are life, ass is hometown.
>>
>>46711786
That will depend on what kind of game you are running. You should always have the statblocks for the monsters that the party might fight available, and using a laptop to have access to the SRD stuff so you can look up stat blocks on the fly. You should also know key NPCs and keep an eye on PC abilities that might throw off your plans, like a Paladin's detect evil.

If you are running a dungeon crawl, you should ideally have a map with a description of each room, a clear idea where the monsters are and what they are doing in various circumstances (normal status, alerted to the PCs, panicked, suspicious, and so on). It would also help if you designed your dungeon to be a place that makes sense (at least to the person or thing that designed it) and have that sense be obvious enough that the PCs can pick up on it.

For other kinds of games, you can be more loose. If the session is in a city, then you should know the major districts and where the important people are, but exact location layouts are less important. The PCs might need to search for their enemies, so you should know what information they can find out with knowledge: local or who might be willing to help them. The monsters or enemies might in turn either seek out the players to ambush them or try to hide from them. Either way you shouldent need more than a few basic set pieces in that instance.

To zoom out even further, if you are wandering around exploring the wilderness, you need to plan very little but have access to a lot of information on the fly. Random encounter tables are useful for this, as are general maps of the area. Feel free to make standalone encounters and throw them in as seems appropriate.

In general you will want to know what important events are happening to what important characters at what times. Having statblocks for anything the party could encounter is important, but online resources help a lot there. Beyond that, it depends.
>>
>>46712709
Oh yeah, angry DM is a moron a lot. His boss fight advice is on-point though.
>>
>>46707724
I'm assuming that since no one called me a fucking retard, this weapon works as written and intended.
>>
>>46712723
Its also worth noting that different DMs have different styles that play to their abilities. Some DMs can make shit up on the fly, others cant be creative on demand to save their life. Some just have a bunch of set pieces they have memorized that they can trot out at need if they need something impressive.

Know your strengths and weaknesses as a DM, and try to play around them.
>>
>>46712870
Looks fine to me. Its a custom weapon, but nothing stands out as busted or silly. Wouldn't hurt for you to include the actual stats of the weapon/shield, but as a description its fine.
>>
Will soon join a pf game, kingmaker (magister role for me), lvl 5. Im going Tiefling (if possible) Wizard with a magical items crafting focus because the party need it. Got Scribe Scroll, Wondrous Items and Arms/Armor and I got 2 left over feats to be decided. What are some good options?
>>
File: Adam Taurus.jpg (197 KB, 748x1069) Image search: [Google]
Adam Taurus.jpg
197 KB, 748x1069
How would you stat Adam Taurus, /pfg/?

I personally would just use the Edgelord Archetype of Harbinger.
>>
>>46712936

Craft Construct
>>
>>46712984
>construct prices
>construct craft times
Kek no, go be a cuck somewhere else
>>
>>46712927
The stats are exactly the same as a heavy steel shield with shield spikes (+2 ac, -2 acp, 1d6 damage, 20/x2 crit, 30 gp cost) except it does slashing instead of piercing damage.

Really, I wanted to club shit with a spiked shield, but it is retardedly hard to find good character art of a character wielding a spiked shield and nothing else. So I said FUCK IT and got the okay from my DM to homebrew this thing.
>>
>>46713012
>>46712984
If nothing else is better it could be pretty funny to have Homunculi minions running around.
>>
>>46713012
>Not wanting a roboguard
>Not wanting a mobile base built on a flying Colossal animated object

Your loss, bucko
>>
>>46713012
Kingmaker has nothing if spare time to dick about in.
Months of it. Years IC of down time if your GM decides to take the casual route.

You could build a giant statue of your dick out of Mithril, designed to guard your Kingdom Capital and have time to craft every vein and hair.
>>
>>46713298
And what of the money?
>>
>>46713320
If your GM allows them? Downtime rules.
If he doesn't? Negro, you get as much money as anyone else, don't pretend the extra actions in combat aren't well worth the price.
>>
>>46713298
Another player told me that there was plenty of downtime
>>
>>46712936 (me)
Im thinking about taking Rime Spell and Toppling Spell to play a battlefield controller style wizard.
>>
>>46713354
They aren't worth a damn thing unless the golem can do something useful with those actions. Given how shitty golem encounters are, aka hurrrr create pit and so on, I'm not convinced it's worth anything.

There's also the fact that people are physically not going to have enough money to craft a given construct until a level where it's usually obsolete.

So no, I'm not pretending they aren't worth the price, because they legitimately aren't worth jack shit.If they're actually good, why have I never, ever heard of anyone actually using them in a game?
>>
>>46712936
Rings are good, might consider Rods as well as thats a non-trival part of your high level gear. You might also consider some combat feats like improved initiative or metamagic (as I recall, some items require you to have metamagic feats to craft them).
>>
>>46713532
Obviously because you only play with retards.

Golems are acceptable in combat, aim for ones that debuff or cover your flaws, hell get a swarm slayer or two and you save your spells, but their main use comes in utility.
>Golem, remove this door
>Golem, carry me onward through the night to our destination
>Golem, Ignore all the bullshit, mind control, illusions and fire and go straight for the caster

A golem isn't a replacement for the party fighter, they're a second fiddle contributor who has abilities that your humanoid characters don't and can keep going forever.
If you're planning to bring all the fighty of the teams fighter to the table on top of your own Wizzarding prowess, guess what? Not likely to happen. Golems let you save spells for important encounters though.
>>
>>46713652
>hurrr spend hundreds of thousands of gold on saving spells!!!!!
Pearls of power
>>
>>46713714
Pearls of Power suck. They're only worth it on 1st and 2nd level spells. Use Rods of Echoing Spell for the rest, and Rings of Wizardry to get more to cast in the first place.
>>
>>46713750
Rings of wizardry are only good if, for some reason, you want to prepare a dozen different spells of the same level. Otherwise pearls of power do the same thing for cheaper and without taking up a ring slot.
>>
>>46713622
Rings are lvl 7, but I can get wands

>>46713714
>>46713750
How do Pearls interact with metamagic'ed spells? The modified or unmodified lvl is used?
>>
>>46713932
If the metamagic was applied when it was prepared in a given slot (say, Intensified Fireball in a 4th-level slot) you get that back as it was; if you apply it afterward via a metamagic rod et. you only get the base spell back instead.

The modified level is used for determining if a given pearl can return a given spell, since Empowered Magic Missile is a different spell from Magic Missile.
>>
>>46713932
Wands aren't very good compared to other types of spell trigger items, since they can only take up to 4th level spells. Great for Cure spells but not much else.
>>
>>46714018
We are level 5 currently, so 4th level arent even accessible yet. Wands might go far.
>>
>>46714018
Wands are fantastic for a certain niche of spells, more than just cures.
>>
What exactly do I slap on a power stone aegis? Having an effective caster level stuck at 1 for a very long time makes me confused as to why people see it as such an attractive option.
>>
>>46714018
Being cheaper than scrolls, they're excellent for low level spells you don't want to prepare/might need multiple castings of and don't require high caster level. That's kind of a niche, but the per casting price is significantly cheaper than for scrolls.
>>
File: 2hu reverse it bby.jpg (320 KB, 537x893) Image search: [Google]
2hu reverse it bby.jpg
320 KB, 537x893
>>46712504
>>46712540
>>46712606
>>46712709
>>46712723
This is all pretty helpful, and lets me know I'm probably on the right track by playing it a little safe. I'm having fun writing up custom statblocks and modifying existing ones, and I'm sure with enough hours on a doodling program I can chisel something resembling a set of maps together.

As for what I'm trying to do? I'm (hopefully) going to attempt to run a relatively short adventure that spans a mere two dungeons, with maybe half a dozen or so encounters and a boss. An admittedly optional boss, but knowing my group they'd probably jump on the fight. Areas would be a Cursed Fey Forest and a City Under a Mountain, tied together by a central plain in the middle containing a caravan route to the town that the party would leave from.

>Forest of dangerous critters, with the occasional "hollowed" warriors, with a few relatively "lucid" residents trying to hide away from "normal people". According to reports the forest is constantly shifting its borders, expanding and contracting in weird ways, with critters occasionally spilling out.
>Underground City guarded by Wyvern watchdogs and a swarm of kobold elites. Actual city is an absolutely massive main chamber with clusters of small buildings around the support pillars inhabited mostly civilian craftsmen
>Party has to go find a missing caravan full of people, and have to dive into each area once they find that the caravan had the bad luck of being in the middle of a fight between kobold scouts and a part of the forest that extended over the road.
>Forest boss is a weakened fey kitsune and his cat oracle caretaker; the City's boss is the Half-Dragon Human sired by the kobolds' now absent master.

I have no idea how things will wind up going in practice, but this isn't nearly as daunting as it first looked.
>>
>>46714173
Probably buffs and some minor healing stuff? I'm not very familiar with the various power stones available, but I imagine that being able to use some 1st level powers might be pretty nice.
>>
File: 1339282945920.jpg (106 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1339282945920.jpg
106 KB, 500x667
Wait wait wait hold up

If I take a master chymist/synthesist takes a level in Vigilante/Magical child, do their alter egos also gain alter egos?
>>
>>46714562
I'd like to imagine the 4 personalities fighting for dominance, it'd be like a single player game of "I am John"
>>
File: parasite_by_melna-d77q6a3.jpg (225 KB, 728x900) Image search: [Google]
parasite_by_melna-d77q6a3.jpg
225 KB, 728x900
>>46714562
The real question is what happens when the Magical Child takes alchemist levels and the Tumor Familiar discovery.
>>
>>46714681
Tumor Familiars I think stack with normal ones.
>>
>Good luck scrying on me faggot I have 3 secret identities
>>
File: 7 proxies.jpg (62 KB, 640x422) Image search: [Google]
7 proxies.jpg
62 KB, 640x422
>>46714779
>>46714562
How can we achieve 7 secret identities?
>>
>>46714779
But it can get even worse
>Alchemist is normally NG
>Master Chymist is CN
>Alchemist's Vigilante form is LG
>Master Chymist's Vigilante form is CE
>multiclass Paladin and Antipaladin simultaneously on "different characters"
I know about the alternate class thing but this is more fun when the LG half has to undo the problems the CE half caused and vice-versa
>>
>>46714779
*casts scrying 4 times*
>>
>>46714866
Then you just spent 4 hours
>>
>>46714840
4 identities from the previously mentioned, plus 3 of them have Nameless One to further hide their identities
>>
>>46714898
>timeless demiplane
>>
You can just use as many disguises as you want, guys. Just because they made using disguises a class feature doesn't mean the other way stopped existing.
>>
>>46714985
Those don't make you count as another person and change your alignment though.
>>
File: 1283382155295.jpg (104 KB, 459x688) Image search: [Google]
1283382155295.jpg
104 KB, 459x688
>tfw you nail an entire fortress filled with demons with a Maleficus Spike
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/artifacts/minor-artifacts/maleficus-spike
Best feeling.
The GM wasn't happy at me crushing enemies twice my level, but god, it was worth it.
>>
>>46715661
The GM gave the thing to you. It's an Artifact, it gets into your hands by GM fiat only.
>>
>>46715739
Well, I got to borrow it as part of a sidequest. I did a big job for the Queen of the Crusaders.
>>
>>46715661
So with an artifact that specifically fucks evil critters you were able to fuck evil critters? Golly gee.
>>
>>46715769
I mean, I'm glad you got to use one of the cooler artifacts. GMs misuse them or don't use them at all fairly often.
>>
Is there any way to get Cha as your casting stat as a Cleric?
>>
>>46715924
Besides being an Oracle or using questionable 3PP? No.
>>
>>46716096
Kobold Press feats are pretty neat, honestly.
>>
is there any basic handrule for converting prestige classes from 3.5 to PF?
by converting of course i also mean " translating them into something comparable with powers with PF prestige classes".

aside for finding the equivalent required powers/class powers and decreasing by 3 the skill grades requirement.
>>
>>46716601
That's pretty much it though. There isn't any other big fundamental difference except Paizo's are universally poorly designed and WotC's are just mostly poorly designed.
>>
Is there any reason, as a Druid, not to take the Animal Domain and then take Boon Companion to get all the benefits of having a domain on top of having an animal companion?
>>
>>46717128
Yes.
The feat and domain investment.
>>
>>46717128
It's a pointless waste of a feat that you could use for better things. If you want a familiar be a wizard, or a poorly optimized cleric.
>>
>>46717339
>>46717407
Are Druids really that hit by feat taxes other that Natural Spell that they can't take one feat differently?
>>
Besides obvious shit like magical items, what is the most profitable trade good available to an early-game party?
>>
>>46717452
No, but that wasn't your question.
There ARE reasons not to take the Animal domain. Specifically, domains and terrain archetypes are great for specializing your Druid to do something besides the norm, and many archetypes restrict your domain choices.

Feats are also a prime commodity for melee-focused wildshape druids, as they gain zero combat feats like a Ranger does.
>>
>>46717480
A goat. You can milk it on the road and sell the product when you reach towns.
>>
>>46717501
That's true, I did ask for any reason.
>>
>>46717505

We're going on a legitimate trade expedition, though!
>>
>>46717480
For things you find? Masterwork weapons and armor, and if you can salvage them (a GM-fiat thing as there's no RAW way to do so), locks and even doors are worth 25-100gp apiece.
Statues, furniture, and art are all worth a good bit of money. Random loot generators tend to include them. They're a strong reason to invest a rank or two in Appraise, to see if the oil painting on the wall is a worthless self-portrait or something you might actually be able to sell.
>>
>>46717452
No but you could easily use that feat for something much nicer, such as magical item creation, though generally that's for wizards, unless you happen to be the only caster in the party, God help you.
>>
>>46717585
Than you'll need something to drink on the road
>>
>>46710314
>#3 Dreams of the Yellow King

Minor hype.
>>
>>46717585
If you're going on a legitimate trading venture, you're playing by some different rules; RAW, trade goods are basically just heavier than normal currency, so the only way to make /anything/ is to use the Appraise skill to basically scam people into buying shit for more than it's worth. This is, notably, how trade exists IRL - scarcity and availability - but it's poorly represented in PF because of the more-than-marxist rigidly-defined costs of absolutely everything for balance reasons.

What you want to do to minimize expenses is haul the largest volume of the highest value per pound you possibly can, then when you get to a town, split it into a few pieces and sell each piece to a different merchant. This will hedge your bets on rolling higher, since you can't take 10, and having the high rolls outweigh the low rolls.

Oh, and make sure whoever your party fae is, is an INT-based character (ideally a Wizard, Psion, Arcanist, or Sage Sorcerer) so they can be full INT-SAD and then use Student of Philosophy to allow you to bargain with more than just your goods. If you can't get a good price with Appraise, give your GM a helping hand and offer to do a favor, immediately or within some amount of time, in exchange for the merchant buying it at a price you can break even at.

Oh, and the two best cost per weight trade goods are Saffron at 15gp/lb and Chocolate at 10gp/lb. The absolute best thing PERIOD to traffic that isn't magic items are hunks of Mithral, since it's literally worth its weight in platinum (500gp/lb), and is even better than low-level potion sales and isn't subject to the spending limit settlements have on magic items.
>>
>>46711443
Everything I love gets errata'd in the end.
>>
File: o56bqudKKv1rhjzza.gif (159 KB, 540x300) Image search: [Google]
o56bqudKKv1rhjzza.gif
159 KB, 540x300
>>46717789
>tfw you get a (You) five hours later
>someone appreciates your post
>>
How 2 spehss marine?We are playing a silly game and everyones character is supposed to be a reference that the GM will mess around with(eg my space marine will often encounter people who have left his church, an Indiana Jones will find many golden statues in ruins
>>
>>46718098
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/technologyGuide/archetypes.html
>>
>>46716697
i am converting a dank prestige class from a 3.5 ambientation book that isn't even avaible in english. can anyone suggest me what is needed to make it decent? also rate it and tell me on which class would you run it
my friend want to run a campaign in that world and want all those prestige classes to be viable.

Witch Hunter.up to 10 levels.
REQ:
>not evil
>4 grades in arcane knowledge and gather information ( going to change it into 3 grades arcane k. and 3 grades some other stuff)
>5 BAB
>Iron will feat, inquiring feat.

>special notes: get competence into repeating crossbows and plenty of good skills like UMD and perception

i'll just continue in a pastebin to not make an HUEG post.

http://pastebin.com/PWSt2a3j
>>
>>46718433
Well, let's see what can be commented about this.
>Knowledge (Forbidden) does not exist, I would suggest turning this into Religion or Arcane
>Obscure Nemesis can be reworked into a variety of Favored Enemy or Studied Enemy
>"Fuck Your Magic" should be made into a swift-action option upon making an attack 1/day, so that you don't end up wasting it on a miss
>+4 to various little things: Add in Iron Will and turn them into a +3 bonus against them, much more interesting
>Immunity to Curses is very cool, keep it as-is
>Level 10 1/week is kind of crappy as a capstone, more of a fluff-ability than anything else
>Spell List: Just take the spell list from the 3.5 Assassin, wholesale. It was a good spell-list, and it fits this well with a couple of minor modifications
>>
>>46718604
thanks anon.

do you think the requirements are ok? basically it's 2 more-or-less worthless feats to get in.
>>
>>46718669
Iron Will isn't worthless. It's not a great option for anyone, but any player who takes it will have at least a few occasions where he is glad he did.
>>
>>46718151
Its still a fantasy game not a sci fi game
>>
If you've got a Cloak of Resistance +2 and a Ring of Deflection +2 (or better), does this mean Protection vs. <Alignment> does literally nothing for you?
>>
>>46718777
It keeps summoned creatures from using natural attacks on you
>>
>>46718777
It still protects you from control effects and summons
>>
>>46718777
Deflection bonuses stack, so you can still get an AC bonus from it, in addition to the summon protection
>>
>>46718826
Deflection bonuses don't stack; you might be thinking of Dodge
>>
>>46718826
They don't. Only dodge bonuses stack from typed bonuses.
>>
>>46718777
Immunity to Compulsion effects, possible Charm as well, is well worth it.
>>
>>46718808
>>46718814
Okay, that's still pretty cool. The Angel of Mercy Medic archetype gets an Aura of Protection from Evil in a 20' radius, permanently, which I guess is less impressive than it sounds.
>>
Can a caster be affected by his own illusions?
>>
>>46718908
You can voluntarily fail the Will saves, yes. Lots of fun with shadowcasters.
>>
>>46718762

Barbarian (Savage Technologist)

Modified one-handed rocket launcher in one hand, modified chainsaw in the other, wear Power Armor.
>>
>>46718961
For effects like Haunting Mists though, where you are forced to be in the area affected by the spell, do you have to make the save, or do you automatically succeed because it's your own illusion and it would be weird to fool yourself?
>>
>>46719018
Yes, the latter. There's a line in the rules for the illusion school in general. It says that if you know for a fact it's fake you don't have to make a save.
>>
Has anyone used Psychic Adventures in something?
>>
>>46719132
No
>>
>>46718762
...So you want to be a sci-fi armed and armoured character, from a sci-fi property, in a system with rules for sci-fi equipment, and you want to do it without using any sci-fi elements at all?

Fuck it, fine, be a Warpriest with heavy armour and a crossbow. That's basically the fantasy equivalent.
>>
>>46718971
>Being a literal retard
ISHYGDDT
>>
Absolutely the only thing from any of Paizo's Psychic/Occult anythings I've used so far as player or GM is a specific Devil whose at-wil CL 6thl Greater Teleport doesn't have the (at-will) clause, making it an ideal thing to Lesser Planar Bind.
>>
>>46719323
This is helpful.Thank you anon.
>>
>>46719353
Don't you fucking dare thank me, I literally hate you. You don't get to mock the other people who try to help you in the wrong way, because you didn't give all the information up front, especially when the solution you REALLY wanted was as simple as reading what classes exist. You're a shitstain.
>>
>>46719420
Fucking word!
>>
>>46719420
This is helpful. Thank you anon.
>>
>>46719353
>hurr durr I want to be thing
>here is how you be thing
>NO THAT IS WRONG REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
kindly fuck off and never return
>>
>>46719420
>I'm mad because I helped you
What?Its assumed that you are playing a fantasy game unless you say "oh by the way guys we aren't playing a standard fantasy setting instead its modern" unless you're an autist that requires every detail.Also saying "Be a warpriest lol" isn't everything you autismo
>>
>>46719474
>>
>>46719512
Pathfinder by default has sci-fi and steampunk elements in it, fuck off.
>>
>>46719512
No the dude gave him suggestions based off his original question, specifically how to spehss marine you colossal piece of shit
>>
Can a fetchling be small like a tiefling can if it had a small parent?
>>
>>46719563
>>
>>46719541
Where exactly does it say "you can be an 8 foot superhuman with acid jizz and space muscle stuff" in pathfinder
>>
>>46719512
He's mad because you are an ungrateful shitstain who got mad when a well-meaning anon tried to give you exactly the fucking thing you asked for.

If you want to get pissy at folks trying to help you, don't expect anyone to want to give you a fucking second thought, let alone assistance.

Furthermore, I feel sorry for your group for having to put up with your stupid ass. Maybe they'll get smart and tell you to fuck off, too.
>>
>>46719570
At least you're thankful
>>
>>46719578
>>
>>46719570
>>46719539
>>46719465
>>46719353
>>46719589

Here's your (you).
>>
>>46719599
This is helpful. Thank you anon.
>>
>>46719578
>Saying "Its not sci fi" means you are mad
Jesus fuck whens the last time you left your house for anything other than Mountain Dew Powerade and Cheetos
>>
>>46719512
>>46719573
What the fuck is a spehss marine then?
>>
>>46719624
This morning.

I drink Sprite
>>
>>46719626
Let me reword my question then, autist
How do I play the equivalent of a space marine in a standard fantasy setting?
>>
>>46719647
I'm more of an iced tea man myself.

Tell me, /pfg/. What does your character drink after the day's adventuring is done?
>>
>>46719624
More it's:
How do I x
Here is how you x
No, I gotta y and x
Here is how you y and x
No, I gotta z, y and x squared
THIS IS HELPFUL MEATBAG
>>
>>46719664
Not him, but heavy armor, heavy crossbow/light ballista.
>>
>>46719664
Do you actually a want space marine equivalent though, you fucking colossal piece of lard
>>
>>46719664
Let's see.. You need: Devotion to a god. A ranged weapon (probably a crossbow, since guns are out). A melee weapon (Probably a sword, since chainsaws are out). Heavy armour.

Cleric, Warpriest, or Oracle (Battle) have you covered. Cleric if you want more spells, Warpriest if you want more fight, Oracle if you want more esoteric powers.
>>
>>46719664
Core Rogue who TWFs with a light crossbow and a battleaxe.

>>46719666
Depends. My dwarves tend to be fond of stouts and mead, my Fiendbound Marauder prefers wine, and my Oracle drinks summoned water.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-16-20-23-10.png (83 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-16-20-23-10.png
83 KB, 480x854
>>46719599
(You
>>46719647
Sprite tastes like a knockoff of it's own brand
>>
>>46719664
That's not autistic, that's clarification, you piece of shit. "How do I space marine" is answered by "Savage Technologist Barbarian" or "Cyber-Soldier Fighter". The answer to "how do I use baseline-fantasy stuff to do the roughest equivalent of a space marine possible" is answered by Warpriest with a Heavy Crossbow and Bastard Sword. They're different questions, with different answers of granularity.
>>
>>46719664
>Barbarian (Savage Technologist)
>Modified one-handed crossbow in one hand, modified greatsword in the other, wear plate
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.