[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Old Bone Quest 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 3
File: For anon this time only tho.png (21 KB, 660x350) Image search: [Google]
For anon this time only tho.png
21 KB, 660x350
Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Old%20Bone

I see some new faces here, who am i? Why, I am Grim, A Semi-freelance detective in the Old Paradise. I got a lot of cases under my belt. I am here to tell you a story, My story.
>>
and i picked the wrong image. Great. at least my heart was in the right place. While we are at it, this case is longer than usual, i might break it in two thread.Might.

Case II: Bullet full of love

I always hated running calculations for the bills and what not. Many hire goblin accountants just for these tedious chores. I could make Pesk do all the work, sure. but i would rather do it myself.

I wasted a lot of greens on that Saturday:

-30$ went for the Cab...i really should buy a car.
-5$ went for that kid.
-20$ went for my spider friend
-50$ went for my faithful Imp

hmm, that is quite a lot ,115 $ to be exact. 985$ are not bad. Now what should i do with my not-so-fat stack of greens? it is not like another case would hop immediately after this one....

>Buy yourself a new suit, pick up Vanzula and pay a visit to your brother, Brim.
>Go to Golden & Hert bank, deposit some of your income
>Go to Ugrog's Ugly gun shop
>Go to Eles Mansa's trove of trinkets
>>
>>46689035
We gotta save up for a car someday and have some emergency stash.

Do working skeletons retire at some point in their life/death?
>>
>>46689093
>Go to Golden & Hert bank, deposit some of your income.

Still reading through the suptg, but that seems like the best choice.
>>
>>46689229
Never ever skim a goblin, that was a known fact... their lust for greens overshadows the dwarves' and that is something.

I had an account in Golden & Hert, it became empty after preparing my office but Goblins *never* close an account even after one's death...

The bank was down the street, they had branches everywhere thankfully. With my 985$, I entered the bank, every goblin on sight wore a pair of glasses after thousands and thousands of tiny words read.

I took a seat with one of their accountants, she seemed nice, strange name though.

"Mr. Grim," said Timzim, "We are glad to accept your deposit. Remember, every cent you give empowers this nation's economy."

>Deposit ___$
>Decline, walk away.

>>46689232
Thank you
>>
>>46689093

armyfag reporting, shite I'm late but I'm here now, pic is based Grim don't worry
>>
>>46689358
500 dosh, the larger half of what we got.
>>
>>46689358
500$ seems reasonable, guys?
>>
>>46689358
500 greens. We should keep some of them for ourselves.

And no problem, I aksed for something to participate in after all.
>>
>>46689430
Meant 500$.
>>
>>46689393
>>46689414

"500 it is, thank you for your time." I handled her the money, her hands were cold and stubby. Goblins normally hate to trim their nails but they are willing to do more than that to appeal the general public.

Back in School, we took Sundays as our holiday. I never understood how other countries would take Friday instead. I went back to my Office/apartment and dived to my couch/bed. I wanted this Sunday to be a Lazy one.

Not this time.

Pesk flickered his wings while doing his best not to shatter my telephone on the floor. "Master Grim, Lady Vanzula is on the phone, She is saying it is urgent." Naturally i had to pick up the phone. Her voice was a bit perturbed if somewhat stingy.

"Grim, I...need your help." she was straight forward "My sister, Ranula... one of her girls was just found dead in her.... establishment. One of her precious girls too. She hates the moons but she needs someone like you, Grim to track down the bastard. I already told her you will help her. She sent someone to pick you up...."

>Don't you ever say anything on my behalf again
>No rest for the wicked,eh? fine, I will help
>Tell your sister that i am not interested, you know me...i can't tip toe in shady businesses while shaking hands with the Bluemoon
>Other

>>46689382
hello anon
>>
>>46689430
they are all the same anons

Bluemoons=moons=blues=other less polite terms
>>
>>46689579
>Other
Vazzy, why are you asking for my help if you already told her I'm gonna do it? Aren't you mixing up the order of things?
>>
>>46689645
supporting
but also add "fine, I'll help."
>>
>>46689682
yeah we'll agree jut be a bit reprimanding about it.
>>
>>46689696
I agree. We need to find out what happened exactly from her anyway.
>>
>>46689696
agreed
also
Pesk background story thread WHEN
>>
>>46689729
When Grim gets captured, and our faithful imp goes on a mission to rescue the only guy who is willing to employ him
>>
>>46689645
>>46689682
>>46689696
"Sorry for dragging you into this. I...I got this girl in that kind of business, she was living off the streets like some dog. I feel like i was the end of her you know?"

"Nonsense, Vanuzla. You did the right thing, she didn't have any future in the streets anyway." I said my goodbyes to Vanzula and went outside in minutes.

I felt something shaking in my pocket, it was the watchdog mirror, yearning for me to open it. The evil inside twisted its words as it stared into my hollow orbit.

"Choose a persona."

>Hellhound
>Golem
>Human
>Silverfolk
>Gazer
>>
>>46689804
>Silverfolk
I'd like to go with human since I feel like it's more fitting to the case, but want to try other personas.
or find out what they are and do really.
>>
>>46689780
>>46689729
He is very old Imp, surely his aching bone isn't up for such grave scenarios

right?
>>
>>46689804
>Human
We are entering a human establishement, I assume? Could try the other persona later.
>>
>>46689804
just to remind new guys if they haven't read the previous thread

hellhound with a keen sense of smell...the one who could track you to the end of the world.

A Golem of old. Thick skin and thicker mind but can reduce you and me to shattered bones.

A Human Seer, who is worth hundreds of old books and tome

A Silverfolk, the one with cunning tongue. None escapes his charms

A lone gazer, who can see everything around them, None escapes their eyes

>Silverfolk
>>
Speaking of suits, what kind do we have on?
Should we get a checkered suit, or a striped suit later?
>>
>>46689968
>striped suit
so much yes
>>
>>46689852
>>46689876
>>46689894
I was blessed/Cursed with Charisma, I am already a smooth talker. Well, We shall see...

A black Tikshini parked next to me. I knew it was the one. A large Grey Golem exited the car and opened the door for me. My applause for the tailor who made this wonderful suit for him.

Golems and Automatons are ancients constructs, they can't eat/drink/enjoy sex...etc. I think there was a study about the remaining Golems through out the world, it was less than a million or something.

Golems are slow and docile in nature. they prefer to sell themselves to a new master whom they will outlive. Their loyalty is simply outstanding.

His driving skill was real smooth too.

>Say something to the Golem
>Say nothing
>Examine the interior of the car.
>Other
>>
File: skeleton.jpg (118 KB, 500x773) Image search: [Google]
skeleton.jpg
118 KB, 500x773
>>46689968
currently we are wearing something like this with the trilby hat not a fedora tho although it is completely acceptable at that time
>>
>>46689989
Hey, you were sent to pick up a detective for a case, right? Just want to make sure I am in the right car.

>Examine the interior of the car.
check for murder clues. the last case started with something like this
>>
>>46689989
"Vanzula's sister sent you I presume? say, what's her name anyway? Vazzy never told me much about her sister"
>>
>>46690042
"Yes." his reply was slow and his voice was deep. Golems take some time to 'process' what is told to them. I silently looked around, the seat were made out of pure leather. this particular model of car was designed to accept Spiders on the back seats thus I feel i was sitting on the edge of a long bed rather than a back seat. it felt luxurious either ways

The Ash tray was filled to the brim, Someone might require a pair of new lungs in the future.

Nothing of intrest caught my attention.

I asked about Vanzula's sister, Ranula. All i got was a long "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" then he simply said "No." [silverfolk] the way he parted his lips might suggest that the Golem was about to say something but he reconsidered it [Silverfolk]

>Say something else
>Say nothing
>Other
>>
>>46690246

>i felt like i was sitting
>>
>>46690246
>something else
do you know why I am here?
>>
>>46690246
>other
offer him a cigarette, light one up,
"So how long have you been working for Ranula? "
let's see if we can smooth talk him for some info
>>
>>46690473
>>46690314
"No. I was ordered to go to your address and pick you up." He shut his mouth afterwards, Golem can't even enjoy a good smoke, shame. Golems aren't very talkative either...

I looked outside of the car only to recognize this neighborhood.

Little Yiropia, half of my childhood was spent there with Miss Thorngood and her daughter Thornwell. A steaming war involved the old world years ago. Families were scattered, the death toll rose by the thousands. It was natural for refugees to escape this terror . Yiropia , for an example, was the homeland for Eles, Elves, some dwarves and some pesky goblins. They settled here forging with place in our society.

The Eles worked hard, they contributed to our society. Both the dwarves and the goblins aided in the great economic depression. The elves did their part too .

Now where were we? Thorngood, right. She was our teacher on foreign languages. Most of the kids hated the class because it was always on Thursday AND it was the last one. Thornwell was a shy girl with a round scar on her forehead.

The thing about the Eles is that they resemble those humans very much but in fact, they are the sentient creation of some forces in this world; Ice, Fire and Earth Eles are superior to these humans in every way. Thornwell was called 'Donut girl' or 'Pinhead'. Younger me saw something in her. Her Mother longed for someone to ease the pain of her daughter in this foreign land.

I miss those days.

Life was simpler, you know. as a kid, i had no worries, no bills to pay. Too bad she moved back to her country when the war is over. It is not like we would have some future together; After all, I am but a pile of Bones.
Walking down the memory lane dragged me from reality, I found myself in the heart of Little Yiropia. Little Yiropia is barely regulated by the Bluemoon which is one of the main reasons on why it went downhill in the recent years.

cont.
>>
The car parked next to our destination, The 'Pomshlik Vard' meant the frozen Rabbit in Elsen tongue, it is supposed to be a lewd joke which was explained to me on numerous occasions but i fail to get it every time.

The Whorehouse was normal in every way. The Staff probably Hush-Hushed the whole ordeal for the business, it wasn't a surprise that the Golem knew nothing about it.

I have never seen Ranula before, i heard some stories about her, sure. She was waiting for me at the end of a hallway next to a room in which is probably our crime scene she looked like a mobster with her two orcish goons. She was definitely ...thicker than her younger carefree sister and larger in size. her extremities were sharper and more jagged as well. A menacing appearance overall.

"My sister put her faith in you Mr.Grim. I want whoever who did this either dead or here so i can rip him to shreds, understand? One word to the moons and you will regret it. Do i make myself clear?"

>Nah, I am not doing it. too risky. I just wanted to say it to you personally so we can avoid any misinterpretations, good luck though.
>Let's talk about my pay here....
>Sure, I need to examine the crime scene and the victim then i will have a word with you and some of your staff...
>>
>>46690314
>>46690473
>>46690680
>>
>>46690680
>Pay
We need a new suit.
>>
>>46690720
this
>>
>>46690720
>>46690780

She looked at me with disgust "Three stacks."was her reply.

>Accept
>Decline
>[Silverfolk] Demand another stack [Silverfolk] roll a d6
>>
Rolled 5 (1d6)

>>46690822
>[Silverfolk] Demand another stack [Silverfolk] roll a d6

wh
>>
>>46690984
I felt like my tongue was moving on its own when i wanted another stack, The spider actually agreed but only when i finish the case. Yeah, this is fair.

Well there are a lot of ways to tackle this case. Where should i start first?

>Speak with Ranula about the victim
>Speak with some of the other girls about the victim
>Speak with the goons of this establishment about the victim
>Examine the crime scene
>Examine the victim
>>
>>46691086
>Speak with Ranula about the victim
come on guys where is everybody, the action is only starting
>>
>>46691130
Ranula looked agitated, she was already burning through her third smoke.

I grabbed my notebook to write down some vital information from Ranula, this case looked a bit more complex than my last case.

"Let's start with the Basics... who is she? how she wound up here?"

"Helldew, A fire Eles, small tits, cheeky butt, only reserved for a handful of customers. My sister begged me to shelter her, she was four years younger than the legal age but i took her anyways, she was like my daughter i never had." her voice croaked at the end. [Silver folk] Her face radiates uneasiness, it is for the best to make my questions short and to the point [Silverfolk]

i asked her about....

>_____
>>
>>46691256
"did she have any.. work related problems lately? anything that might make someone powerful enough want her dead?"
>>
>>46691336
"Not in a sense that might end up in her dead. Some of her clients gradually became jealous for sharing her with each other, most of her clients wanted her for themselves only. She was that special,Mr. Grim."

She gave me a list of dew's current clients, five clients....five potential suspects. i will check on them once i am done here....

>Ask Ranula something else.
>Examine the crime scene
>Examine the victim
>>
>>46691476
>Examine the victim
>>
>>46691531
I entered Dew's room, she was lying naked on her bed, The smell of charred flesh tainted the room.

but she wasn't the only victim. The remnants of one of her clients soils this 5000$ Carpet.

Great.

"You haven't told me about this guy?" I got no reply, well i had no right to ask for a raise. There is no doubt that both were killed by the same hand. I need to ask about what happened here.....

>Examine head
>Examine torso
>Examine legs
>Examine arms
>>
>>46691667
>examine torso
>>
>>46691960
Few scratches were found, probably from her clients. None is recent.

A strange Elesen tattoo was found under her right breast, can not identity it. Very warm on touch.

No vaginal discharge, her labia is unstimulated . they didn't had the chance to fuck for the last time. Shame.

Nothing else caught my attention.

>Examine Head
>Examine Arms
>Examine Legs
>>
>>46692072
>Examine Head
>>
>>46692125
A bullet hole was found in her forehead. her brain is slowly charred by embers.

Wait...did the bullet went through her head onwards? I see no trace of it. I should really find this bullet.

I got some slight burns on her nose, small and scatters 1-2 mm apart...

there is a smudge on her lip. Looks like it was made from a thumb, a big one.

[Silverfolk] her last expression convey....peace, she probably didn't put a fight against her murderer [Silverfolk]

This is getting interesting.

>Examine Arms
>Examine Legs
>>
>>46692294
>Examine Arms
>>
>>46692393
I can see no sign of struggle, her hand wasn't tied together...no bruises...etc.

Her right hand is missing a ring, it left its mark on her pinkie. She haven't took it off in years maybe. No struggle here either, the killer might have taken it after murdering her.

Her Legs are slick and log, other than that, I see nothing wrong in them.

I still got a lot of work to do....

>Examine the crime scene
>Examine the second victim?
>>
>>46692471
>long
>>
>>46692393
Armyanon, is that you by the way?
>>
>>46692471
>other
go to Ranula and ask her "what happened here"
>>
>>46692510
yeah man, I guess I'm the one with nothing better to do on a Friday night, if you want we can take a break and try later Grim, but I'm enjoying this if you don't mind continuing
>>
>>46692595
only one*
>>
>>46692544
A bulky orc blocked the way "Your not finished here, rattleman."

"I need to ask about what happened here." I politely replied.

"Why ask Boss when you can ask Uargag? I be her handler...waz at least. She be bangin' dis rattleman for one time hour. I was outside all da time..."

"Wait, rattleman?" I saw a man plastered to the ground unless...

Fucking flesh suits. They ain't cheap but some skeletons buy them to feel 'normal'. Degenerates, all of them....

"I heard no noise, nothing. when time was up, i found them like dat...Boss be merciful, she didn't fire me for this fuck up. Me respect her."

>Ask him about____
>Examine the crime scene
>Examine the second victim?
>>
>>46692595
it is alright ,anon. I will post here on Fridays and Thursdays only so i might as well continue.
>>
>>46692708
>Ask him about "say ughh.. Uargag, what can you tell me about this.. "rattleman"?"
>>
>>46692820
"Yeah, He be Python. used to come here without the fleshy suit but he wanted to impress Helldew. Dis girl be kind to Everyone. She used to give me a tiny cut when my boy was almost dead in a car accident. Bless her. tell you want, I be going with you to see da suspects but only in da morning, I must do something for her, you know. you dig, rattleman?"

>I can handle myself, thank you
>why not? i could use a hand
>I usually work by myself, No offense
>other
>>
>>46692724
cool, it's really a shame people left this could've been a great thread, seemed really promising at the beginning, pretty depressing I honestly waited the whole day for this thread, not much to do here and I finished my book, btw sorry if I'm pushing the meta conversation too far
>>
>>46692916
>I usually work by myself, No offense
>other
go check Python's body, see if I find anything of note
>>
>>46693008
oh and forgot to add
"I actually don't "dig", mind elaborating?
>>
>>46692916
>sure but I lead
We have to bring in this guy, client wants revenge, and we are a silver tounge detective, not a manhunter.

>>46691130
Sorry for being late had to pick something up.
>>
>>46693008
"oh." The Orc was disappointed, he chose silence afterwards.

I went back to Python, It was a mess, all his limbs where torn apart, the killer tore his leg and leveled his skull with the floor in a brute fashion. Torn flesh suits tends to be gelatinous-like after a while. Pity for those who will clean up this place. I couldn't identify anything useful on him.

>Examine the crime scene
>Other
>>
>>46693155
we were seconds apart, may be next time.

Also welcome back anon.
>>
>>46693156
>speak with the other girls
Speaking is our strongsuit now, and apparently the girl knew the killer.
>>
>>46693189
Yeah, sorry for the latecoming.
Keeping the bouncer as a long term contact would have been useful.
Also in hindsight, I should have voted bloodhound.
>>
>>46693155
welcome back anon!
sorry didn't want the silly orc sabotaging my work, trust no one is my motto
>>
>>46693230
It's allright, with silvertounge subtelty is our game, so maybe it's for the best.
>>
>>46693221

"Uargag, Can you bring me all the girls who were close to Helldew? I might want talk to them.."

"Yeah but dis may take time, lottsa time... you know how things are here. All of them be working." there was a pause "Give me 2 hour time..."

Well, I had no option but to examine the crime scene.

>Examine bed
>Examine the floor
>Examine the wardrobe
>Examine the sex toys
>Examine the coffee/endtable
>Examine the trash
>>
>>46693200
supporting
>>46693252
cool cool,probably don't really have to tell you that, but go read through the thread so you won't miss anything important.
>>
>>46693319
>trash
Best place to find unwanted, and unhidden items
>>
>>46693319
>Examine the sex toys
start with the best I always say
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>46693359
>>46693370
>>
>>46693384
I say we search the floor later, we need to find that bullet
>>
>>46693370
>>46693359
There were surprisingly few, Vanzula once told me that these rooms belonged to the girls working there. Probably each one belonged to a certain client.

The biggest of them all collected dust. said item has a magical aura surrounding it but i can't identify it.

Hmm.

>Examine bed
>Examine the floor
>Examine the wardrobe
>Examine the walls
>Examine the trash
>>
>>46693455
One=sex toy
>>
>>46693455
>Examine the floor
>>
>>46693455
>Examine floor
Dude is right, we have to find that bullet.
>>
>>46693493
>>46693512
Aside from the huge stain left by our late degenerate friend, There was little to be found.

Pubic hair, lots of it. Flesh races are disgusting.

There is glittering blue power next to the bed. No, this isn't Ash. I would have known, but I just can identify it.

No sign for a bullet just yet.

>Examine bed
>Examine the wardrobe
>Examine the walls
>Examine the trash
>>
>>46693512
what do you say anon? trash?
>>
>>46693674
No I think walls are closer to the bullet, but I am fairly certain the trash has something too.
>>
>>46693705
ok let's go with the walls
>>
>>46693638
>Examine the walls
>>
>>46693638
Walls
>>
>>46693743
>>46693778
Walls were painted black, I have no idea why...

Found a four fingered scratch on the wall, Who did this is missing a finger.

The bullet made a notable and a deep hole at the end of the bed but someone has already taken it. Why?

I can see nothing else of importance.

>Examine bed
>Examine the wardrobe
>Examine the trash
>>
>>46693865
I'd like to see the trash

The wardrobe is pretty good, but if the killer was careful enough to remove the bullet, maybe he ransacked the wardrobe too.
>>
>>46693936
I quickly went through the trash, I found something i would never find in brothel's trash.

Study notes, theories and other scientific gibberish. I am not fully aware of its content.

>Examine bed
>Examine the wardrobe
>>
>>46694100
Any ideas other anon?
>>
>>46694224
sorry just got back from taking a shower, don't have any theory so far myself, maybe the wardrobe?
>>
>>46694100
>wardrobe
>>
>>46694379
I feel like the human seer would have been more useful on this case, with the unknown tatoo, magical dildo, and now these study notes..
>>
>>46694379
>>46694224
>>46694363
The wardrobe didn't have that much of a kinky costumes as i might have, there were some actual decent clothes there.

I found a stash of Books related to physics and other mathematics branches.

The bed wasn't tidy where the bullet landed, i could feel a slight crack at this spot too.

The end tables got nothing on them, they are not related to the crime.

There isn't much to start here, but i can postulate a scenario from what i heard and found....

>______
>>
>>46694494
victim got in the room with her client, someone gets in undetected, shoot her in the head, kills the client, probably at the start of their ordeal as the client didn't seem to have intercourse with the victim, kills the client violently in an unknown method, proceeds to get out undetected after cleaning up most evidence.
>>
>>46694494
The girl was young, and elis apparently diligent types. She probably wanted more out of life than whoring, so she started to study.
>Maybe she met someone who can tell us more at this point
>She is missing a ring. Maybe she was asked? One of the girls must remember something

She came in with this skeleton, and even before getting trough the foreplay got killed. No struggle, nothing. She saw the perpetrator, and remained calm. She knew him.
The killer put his big hands on her face.
>was he checking something or he was affectionate?

I am not sure if the skeleton bit the dust before her, or covered in the corner while she got killed, but the skelly got busted too.
>does his suit rots this brutally on it's own, or because he was murdered in such a fashion? Only one bulletmark? So he wasn't shot?
>>
>>46694678
oh yeah I forgot about the ring, we need to ask the girls about it.
>>
>>46694678
>>46694759
And I forgot the blue powder
Does it has something with the buillet? Or the skeleton's death? Did it belong the victim?
>>
>>46694796
I think it's related to the scientific study, probably belongs to the victim, not sure though keep it in mind.
>>
>>46694651
>>46694678
I exited the room, allowing Ranula's men to clear up this mess, I told everything to the spider. She was pleased with my findings, She even gave me a stack in advance. She told me about how she would respect her girl's privacy. Ranula didn't know about the books. I took a sample of the blue powder, I know two that might help me to identify it, [Silverfolk] A glimpse of regret was drawn on her face [Silverfolk]

I got only ten minutes to speak with each girl, Six showed up, they were the closest to Helldew. All of them were Eles but a vamp, she had nasty frown on her face. the tips of her canine where barely visible.

First, A young Elesen girl approached me, her name was Lifegiver, her skin was almost made out of bark, she even had some ingrown leaves sprouting fro her head. There are a lot of variations in the Eles race ; from an almost human with almost zero potential power to a full on elemental with zero human features.

The girl was crying, she was genuinely sad, I ask her one question to save time....

>_____
>>46694678
nice
>>
>>46694951
Should we ask about the ring? She must have had it for quite a while, maybe was even proud of it when she got it and showed it around.
>>
what do you say master detective anon? ring?
>>
>>46695027
Allright, let's ask the ring.
>>
>>46694951
>"the victim was carrying a ring, did she by any chance showed it to you? bragged about it? said anything of note at all about that ring? also can you describe how it looks?"
>>
what about the skeleton client? you think he was just in the wrong place in the wrong time? or was he more involved with the incident?
>>
>>46695017
>>46695027
>>46695059
"Y-yeah, I know that ring. An 'Reqish Malafor' or an Helleye. Very expensive, It is a our replica of a the vamp's phylactery but it must be only worn by someone who loved you.... You can't wear your own helleye as well, you must give it to your lover. Besides her rags, it was the only thing she had when she first came here...How it wasn't stolen till then? no idea."

The Eles quickly left to resume her duty. Next up was a fire Eles, named Firehand, her thirties but she didn't lose an ounce of her beauty. Her hair is a red gust of harmless flame.

[Silverfolk] Said Eles is avoiding direct eye contact, She is nervous and anxious, she exchanged nervous gazes with the vamp [Silverfolk]

I asked her a single question....

>____
>>
shit shit shit! I really don't know, maybe we should ask to search her see if she has anything suspicious on her?
>>
>>46695263
Talk with her separately, and don't give her and the vamp a chance to catch up. This way if they lie, we'll know.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>46695343
>>46695358
>>
>>46695343
The books maybe?
ask if she went to any lectures, or if any of her late client did something like that professionally? A physicist, a scientist, a professor, an engineer?
>>
>>46695358
sounds good, what do we ask though? where was she at the time of the murder? how well she knew the victim? something else?
this one question thing is a pain
>>
>>46695431
No it is said they all knew her. If she is older she might have worked here before the victim arrived.

it is a long shot, but we could ask what's the vamp's relationship with the victim, so we might know more before we ask her.

That or the books
>>
>>46695411
yeah let's go with the books and hope for the best
>>
>>46695400
I asked Ranula to talk to Firehand in private. She agreed despite the Eles' objection.

"Make it quick..." she played with her blazing hair.

"I think one of Helldew's client was trying to teach her something, what do you know about that?"

"Pfft, silly rattles! haven't you head of a roleplaying and foreplaying? It is part of the act! we can't say no to most of our client's kinks. I think it was an human or something...I don't know."

[Silverfolk] exaggerated body language, erratic eye movements....Firehand is lying [Silverfolk]

>[Silverfolk] Face her, demand the turth [Silverfolk] roll a d6 ...5,6=success.
>Leave her, time isn't on your side
>>
>>46695581
>truth

>>46695529
>>46695523
>>46695431
>>
>>46695581
Not outright confrontation but;
"Oh kinks huh? Like algebra? I've never thought some fethises involve advanced physics.
Is this her handwriting? So all these are hers too correct? Did she write this hundred page essay as a foreplay? Tell me about it."
>>
Rolled 5 (1d6)

>>46695581
how do rolls work? first one or best out of 2-3?
>[Silverfolk] Face her, demand the turth [Silverfolk] roll a d6 ...5,6=success.
>>
>>46695682
yes! dice gods are with me today
>>
>>46695682
Whelp. Doesn't matter now. Nice roll anon.
>>
>>46695710
sorry for the impulsive roll dude but I felt it
we could still say whqt you wrote it makes sense
>>
>>46695746
Oh don't apologise, fortune favored the bold!
>>
>>46695762
It's more of a " sorry I'm so awesome" kind of apology
>>
>>46695682
>>46695662
"You are hiding something, Firehand. I don't think One would dedicate that much into foreplay..."

"Alright, alright..." she hushed me "Look, there was this really old and sexy Ice Eles ...Sir something something the third, we just called him Johnny. He *Always* came for Melissa, our Vamp but when Helldew showed up, everything changed. He developed some kind of platonic love at first. He would come every single Wednesday to teach her something new. Melissa was furious. I was to help Melissa to make Johnny hate her but that was it i swear. No one wanted her dead, you have to believe me!"

>Report them both to Ranula
>Don't
>>
>>46695886
>don't
At least not yet. We don't know how much they factored in the killing.

>WHAT did you do to make him hate her?
>was he the skeleton or something else?
>>
>>46695886
let's not report her for now, question the vamp and see how things go
>>
do we get to ask more questions?
if yes than this>>46695988
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>46695988
>>46696015
>>
>>46696067
no, we already wasted some time with her
>>
>>46696015
"Thank you..." She sighed in relief.

I left her and went to Melissa who was fumed of her partner in crime's poor act "Fucking Firehand...what do you want?"

>_____
>>
>>46696172
About mr james, what did they do to sour the relationship and if he had his own keys
>>
>>46696172
"I know about the Ice Eles, I know you stared getting jealous, thought of a way to get your lover back to you, and made the only thing that stood in your way "disappear", just confess and we'll make it easy on you."
>>
>>46696218
>>46696294
"I didn't 'love' him, everyone is stingy around here. I wanted his green and some fucking respect that was stolen from me by this bitch. "

She paused looking at Ranula's eight eyes "You hear that Boss? I was your fucking star for TEN YEARS, your money maker but you throw me out in the trash. You know what? I am glad that the bitch got shot in the head. I AM glad that your shitty attempt of an adopted daughter is DEAD. I AM GLAD THAT NOTHING WITH A SOUL WILL COME OUT OF YOUR CURSED AND STINKY PUSSY!!!"

Ranula's orc goons were barely able to hold the spider from tearing her to bit, Uargag quickly guided the Vamp to outside. She probably won't work here anymore.

There was tension lingering in the air. i was escorted to outside. Most of the work in the 'Pomshlik Vard' is done either way.

Despite all of this, Melissa had no evidence to highlight her as the main suspect, her hands are petit and small. Her overall strength can't tear a flesh suit apart and her alibi checks out, Firehand was honest in her last statement. Melissa was fucking a client when Helldew and Python were killed. If She was truly *the* suspect, Ranula wouldn't allow her to walk away like that.

Melissa was outside as well, she had just lost of her job and basically everything she had because of me and her temper.

Of course it started to rain, her light clothes were soaked in mere seconds.

>Say something to Melissa
>Go to Eles Mansa to identify the powder
>Go to Ugrog Ugly gun shop to identify the powder
>Check the list of clients
>other
>>
>>46696616
"I'm sorry things turned out the way they did, but I need to know the Ice Eles's name and where I can reach him, I'll even add 50$ for the information as a token of my good will"
>>
>>46696732
oh nvm we have the client list man I'm tired
>>
>>46696616
"You know, I know that was one of the major attributes you got payed for, but don't you think that was a bit toooo harsh?"

>Eles Mansa
I am startink to think anon is right, and the powder didn't came from the gun, but even if it did, it has to have some magical property.
No sense looking at the suspects before we cleared up all the clues.
>>
>>46696616
>Go to Eles Mansa to identify the powder
>>
>>46696763
>>46696777

"FUCK YOU!!" was the reply with a lightning slash to my cheek bone, her sharp nails broke it with an audible crack. The next second, I saw her running away in a flash.

It was useless to catch up with her, I don't blame her either. I will require a good milk bath to get my bone fixed.

And that is the end of the First part of Case II.

Thank you all for this lovely thread. I hope you enjoyed your time.

Till next Thursday anons, I will notify you in the weekend quest. at the same-ish time like today and yesterdays.
>>
>>46696891
Thanks for running, looking forward to wrap up the case.
>>
>>46696891
thanks a lot Grim! see you next time
>>
This guy deserves way more than eight players.
>>
File: Feels Angry.jpg (63 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
Feels Angry.jpg
63 KB, 633x758
>>46696891
>tfw I missed this quest
>>
>>46689093
That's 105 dollars
>>
>>46701309
We bought some milk on that 10 dollars
>>
Still up, huh.

>>46698161
Sorry anon, may be next time.
>>
>>46701309
My bad, sorry anon.

Funny thing is that i can't sleep, and i can't notify my players about this free time of time. that is what you get for not sharing your tweet to your players.
>>
a bump
>>
well, here it is , A tweet for this quest
https://twitter.com/GrimmQM
>>
>>46706625
Grim you're here! let's continue the case! I'm sure master detective anon will hear the cosmic calling and join us
>>
>>46706667
hello anon.

well, I am bit conflicted really. i do want to continue but at the same time, i feel like i would 'betray' the other anon for continuing without him.

Hmm.
>>
>>46706691
yeah you're right, well if he happens to see the thread and post, I'm here.
>>
>>46706709

>>46706667
also anon, if you don't mind. Can you follow me/ on my twitter? It has been inactive for five years; i see no indicator for followers or me following anyone...just 1 tweet at the top.

to be honest, this timing is even worst that our regular. One might be sleeping/working at that time.

Damn
>>
>>46706738
sure but it will take me a minute, never had a twitter account so I need to create a new one.
>>
>>46706738
what the actual fuck man, apparently I have an inactive twitter account someone's been using it with a shit ton of twits and followers and shit and I never even used twitter in my life, this is creeping me out
>>
>>46706864
what?? what the hell?
>>
>>46706864
deactivate it , if you can.
>>
>>46706900
I don't fucking know, now I need to change my email it's all compromised, and the worse thing is he seems to be this pleb American guy that smokes weed and work out and stuff, he's probably a good guy I almost feel bad for changing the password, now he can't access his stolen twitter account
I don't even know what to feel..
followed you though, did it work?
>>
>>46706934
yes but it not important now, what is important is changing your passwords and what not.

I knew a guy when went through this shit, It was a mess. just change everything if possible.
>>
>>46706960
>who
>>
>>46706960
I know
couldn't help myself and tweeted that he's gay shit
let's what happens, I mean not everyday you get to have this kind of entertainment
>>
>>46707044
he's gay and shit*
Let's see*
also yeah I'm not proud of myself, but I'm really bored.
>>
>>46707062
i chuckled.

you know, i think you can deleted all of his tweets. so you know, you can start a new fresh slate.
>>
>>46706667
Let's do this!
I want to ask the expert about the Helleye, someone can't wear their own because it is not customary, or physically impossible?
>>
>>46708158
alright, starting in five minutes.
>>
>>46708216
forgot my trip.
>>
I wasted my change to take a cab to Eles Mansa, on my way. I saw a skeleton with a horse. A skeletal horse. Some districts in the city have strict regulations in regards to one's mean of transportation...usually the rich ones. These beasts require proper training, the last thing you would like to see is a raging infernal horse in the streets.

Moving on, The trove of trinkets - as the name suggests- is a wonderland for baubles, relics and other legal and licensed magical items. It was first owned by an old troll, can't remember her name; they all sound the same to me. An Eles by the name of Lasttear spend a fortune to acquire the place, mainly to reserve its content. I heard she was a good woman, well, we shall see.

When I first stepped in the shop, my whole body froze, The Ice Eles grabbed a blueish shotgun and pointed it at my face, there were no customers to take part in this dire situation. Porcelain security heads started to shriek as well.

"My wards sense great evil inside you, I don't serve the likes of you. Get out. "

>Claim innocence
>Try to calm her down
>Be aggressive
>Leave
>Other
>>
>>46708158
>>46708399
>>
>>46708399
>Try to calm her down
How big evil are we talking about?

Army anon, are you around?!
>>
>>46708452
>>46708399
Wait could it be the powder itself?
Also, unrelated question; how spider is Ranula and Vanzula? 100% giant spider? Quelaag -type spider?
>>
>>46708452
"No need for sudden movement, alright?" I slowly reach for my .38 and put it on the floor as a peaceful gesture.

"Wait, what was that thing dangling in the right side of your suit?"

"What? this?" Once i pulled out the Watchdog mirror, the Porcelain heads wailed even more. but the Eles somehow shutdown all of her security measures.

"I am sorry, It must some sort of a mistake...This mirror of yours, can i examine it?"

>Yes
>No

>>46708542
Quelaag
>>
>>46708574
>must be
>>
>>46708452
yes! I'm here, I'm so happy this is happening.
>>46708574
I say we let her look at it
>>
>>46708574
>Yes
Only if we won't be denied of service, and we want it back afterwards.
>>
>>46708639
of course we can't lose this mirror, I don't care if it's Satan's shaving mirror we need this thing.
>>
>>46708618
>>46708639
I can see the anticipation in her eyes like a kid wanting for that sweet ice cream truck. I put it on the counter. She didn't dare and touch it, she only inspected it visually from every corner.

She looked at me straight in the face and said "I will give you 10,000$ right now for the mirror, what do you say?"

>Accept
>Demand a higher price
>Decline
>>
>>46708683
>waiting
>>
>>46708683
>Decline
Both know it's worth more than that.
>>
>>46708683
>Decline
pftttt of course not
>>
let's hear what this powder's about, I want to know if it's related to the bullet or if my first theory about it being part of the victim's research is correct
>>
>>46708709
>>46708721
[Silverfolk] Erratic eye movement, profuse sweating...desperation [Silverfolk]

"Twenty? T-thirty....Fifty? I will give you 50,000$ for it.."

>Accept
>Demand a higher price
>Decline
>>
>>46708787
>Decline
50 000 for 5 souls? Wow existance is sure cheap these days. Anyways, can I finally ask for what "I" came for, or I'll have to wait till you promise the roof above your head? I am in a hurry. Sort of.
>>
>>46708846
this
we'll obviously not find anything as valuable in any time soon and money ain't worth shit compared to supernatural powers
>>
>>46708846
>>46708876
Once I snatched my Watchdog mirror back to my pocket, She started to calm down "I am sorry, I was a bit unprofessional about it..heheh."

Her nervous laugh was kind of cute, she wiped out her sweat, "now how can i help you? are you looking to buy something?"

"No,I got this blue p-"

"Before anything, you must agree to this client agreement and handle me 500$ if i am to identify something for you...you know how these things work...." she handled me a paper with a painful set of rules and conditions.

>Accept
>Decline
>>
>>46708979
>Accept
We get 5 thousand for this job, and one is already in our pocket.
Also is this a a single identification?
>>
>>46708979
what? man that's a lot of cash I say we forget avout the powder we can solve this case without it, let's go see the clients
>>
>>46709051
maybe we can smooth talk her? saying we'll be a returning customer? get her down to 300$?
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>46709051
>>46709058
>>46709076
>>
>>46709076
That's a pretty neat idea. We have our silvertounge on anways.

>>46709058
Wait, even if we say no to the identification, we should as at least about Helleyes. Asking should be cheaper, no?
>>
>>46709117
yeah let's use our jew barter skills, I'm still feeling the dice gods our with us
>>
>>46709184
are*
>>
>>46709051
>>46709058
I gave her the greens, I hope it was worth it.

"Hmmm," Lasttear inspected the power, she took a grain and dropped it in a cup of water, soon its colour changed to black. "That is a Raskov powder...yeah."

"What?"

"Short distance Teleportation powder, Exported from Yiropia for multiple purposes, these ones are unused. They are very dangerous for the inexperienced, they are snorted for usage."

I had a lot of questions to ask about this strange powder...

>_____
>>
>>46709216
Can it be made in home conditions if someone has the knowhow? How far it can bring the user? Does it brings the user where he wants to or only to a pre-fixed point?
Can it be used twice in fast succession? "Dangerous for untrained" as in for someone who didn't snort it before?
Where can one aquire the indegrinients?
>>
>>46709216
Grim let us have a bit of discussion before deciding what to do please

I'm guessing our man used it to get in and out of the crime scene undetected

do you know someone's who's pushing this teleportation powder?
also experienced in what exactly? tell me everything you know about
>>
>>46709371
Apparently yes. Depending on the nature of the powder, he might have been familliar with the room.
>>
>>46709409
from previous evidence I'd say it's likely he knew the room and victim, probably quite well, I can't add it up to something concrete yet, what about the ring? the girl said it must be given to you didn't she? maybe the lover who gave her the ring came to take it back?
>>
>>46709435
We know that the ring was one of her only belongings when she was taken in by the brothel.

We'll have to learn if making or acquiring such power is withinSir James' power or skillset, and talk to him.
>>
>>46709299
"No, It isn't homemade, like i said, It is exported from Yiropia. its ingredients are unknown.Its usage relies on the user's experience with a maximum of five jumps. "

"What is its reach? how does it actually works?" I followed up my previous questions.

"Two Blocks at maximum, You had to have a direct eye contact with the designated spot." her answer was to the point

"Let's say someone with no experience snorted the powder...what will happen for this untrained man?"

"Overdose, just like Ash. it must be introduced gradual to the body in a span of two , may be three months.I don't know what you are doing but i suggest a very good nose or a hellhound to track its faint smell."

>Ask her another question
>Thank her for her time
>Other

>>46709371
sure
>>
>>46709489
>>Thank her for her time
>>
>>46709489
>gradually
>>
>>46709489
>Thank her for her time
>>
>>46709485
let's look at the clientele list and see what's sir james's name anyway
>>
>>46709489
>other question
One more thing; Helleyes. What can you tell me about them?

Think we should go back to the brothel, and see where can one look into the room (therefore teleport in) and what's the view from there (where can they teleport out)
Also, if the killer had to use the stuff for two months, he'll still have some on his flat probably

Lastly, how often can we change personas?
>>
>>46709566
>>46709570

Yeah we could go for the clients too, since we know enough what to look for.
>>
>>46709570
I agree with everything you said
new friends please try to read the thread from the beginning before posting
>>
>>46709505
>>46709532
>>46709570
>>46709566

If i have more greens to burn, i should really check her stock. they might help my in a tight corner.

I can either start with the clients or I could try to butter up miss Simley, My elderly neighbor so i can take her Hellhound for a walk.

>Clients
>Hellhound
>>
>>46709626
>other
ask her about helleyes than ask to see her wares
>>
>>46709673
Seconding.
How much dough we have? Like something around 950$?
>>
>>46709673
This
>>
>>46709694
more like 1475$ if I'm not mistaken? we did get a thousand in advance
>>
>>46709728
Yes but we did spent 500$ for the powderinfo
>>
>>46709773
oh yeah.. I'm still in denial about that.. you're right though
>>
>>46709673
>>46709694
>>46709727
I got the same answers i heard from Firehand, she didn't add anything new. As for her trinkets, they started from 3,000$ , i had to leave her shop.

In another life, i would have walked away with fifty stacks...not in this life.

>Check the client list
>Head for your neighbor
>other

>>46709728
but we just spent 500 on blue power info. we are 985
>>
>>46709795
Don't worry we got 4000 in the making here. Can't be stingy now especially if our reputation is at stake with the spider family.

>>46709834
How about the neighbour?
I do not like it but if we excell at talking someone else has to do the sniffing.
>>
>>46709834
>other
go back to the brothel try to look for the spot where our guy teleported into the room, can't be a large area to look for as he had to have eye contact with the room

also I regret nothing! fuck greens we've our awesome mirror
>>
>>46709932
How about we ask for the hellhound first? He could also smell remnants of the powder that was used.
>>
>>46709994

yeah you're right, let's go to the neighbor than question the clientele
>>
>>46709911
>>46709932
>>46709994
Miss Simley was alright for a human, she do suffers from some memory loss and poor vision. Her pack of Hellhounds helps her in various ways. A relative visits her every month or so to stock her home before bolting away, never had the chance to speak with the guy.

I knocked on the door gently, took her a good five minutes to open the door "Oooh Jonathan, Is that you ,dearie?"

Here we go again, In her simple mind, she considers every skeleton to be her late son who died in the war.

I choose my next words carefully

>____
>>
>>46710091
"hey Miss Simley, it's your friendly neighborhood old bone grim again, how are you doing?
say you wouldn't mind if I borrowed one of your hellhounds for a case I'm working on, yes?
>>
>>46710181
Yeah I am not comfortable with impersonating a dead loved one either.
>>
>>46710181
>>46710259
"Ah come on Johnny, don't make these kind of jokes, you know your father doesn't like them." She grabbed me by my hands, her hellhounds were on edge but they probably understood what was going on here.

"Sit down, dearie, dinner will be ready in just minutes!" Her arching smile overcame her wrinkles. I was in a tight spot.

>_____
>>
>>46710259
yeah I could smell the magical realm coming from a mile off

I'm joking guys, I'm joking
>>
who's idea was it to go see the neighbor again?
>>
>>46710391
In my defense, I didn't know it would be this complicated.

>>46710326
Hey the boys look really antsy, mind if I take them for a walk?
>>
>>46710470
"It must Paper, bad dog! bad dog!" she scolded one of her hellhound who whimpered in return "Alright, take him, dearie a-and don't be late; Paper hates going out in the dark!"

I grabbed the leash and took Paper, he was a bit slim but he ought to do the job. He growled at me the whole time as expected.

I spent 20$ to get back to Yiropia in a cab, the guy kept yapping about dogs. It gave me a serious headache.

I introduced the powder to Paper, he was a bit confused since there were two source for the smell but i directed him away from the whorehouse.

Eventually we found ourselves in an abandoned building over-viewing the whorehouse, paper led me to a certain room. yeah, that's the one.

>Examine blown out small box
>Examine bloodied clothes
>Examine foot prints
>>
>>46710664
>Footprints.
Like sherlock bones
>>
>>46710664
>Examine foot prints
>>
>>46710860
Boots, thick and irregular, the killer might be a limper.

Ugh, that stench again, the murder definitely wore these when he killed Python.

That's why the orc didn't hear anything....Soundeaters, swallow all the surrounding sounds for a certain time before bursting. They are really expensive.

I think that's it for real this time, thank you all. Make sure to follow my twitter for further announcement.

Have a nice day.
>>
>>46711046
Imported teleportpowder, expensive soundproofing, Sir James is getting more suspicious by the minute.
>>
>>46711046
Thanks for running.
>>
>>46711046
nooo we're so close to finishing this case
thanks for running the quest man
>>
>>46711083
yeah I really want to know how this ends, sir james sounds interesting I hope we get to know more about him then the silverfolk lady from the last case
Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.