[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Breaking the 4th wall
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
have you ever messed with the 4th wall in a table top game, be it creepy meta fiction or a silly gag

pic unrelated
>>
>>46658399
>>>/lit/
>>
>>46658399
My Weird boy once suffered a nasty case of Perils, So I acted out a moment where me the player and him switched placed for a few seconds
>>
>>46658399
I was running a long campaign divided in smaller arcs where I made my players make their initial characters for the first arc, but then I forced them to switch to other premade characters that were related to the plot in some other way.
Playing neutral at first, they switched to the "bad guys", then to the good guys, etc... But I always forced the switches when the "plot gets good", giving the players more questions than answers.

While playing one of the middle arcs, one of the players got access to a document with profiles of various characters, their backstories, details of his powers and how to "dispose" of them. He got desperate and begged me to check out on his old character and what happened to him, but I didn't allow him to do such because his character at the moment had no reason to know that name nor be interested in him.
Yet his character "heard" him, and checked out that name, to his own misfortune.

It was a strange campaign, NPCs would react negatively to what players said OOC, PCs wouldn't follow player's orders if they did something that went against their "core", or get more power if they were played accordingly. Yet the usage of a hidden humanity stat had some interesting results during narrative.
>>
>>46658399

Does anyone have the "take it to the next level" posts?
>>
>>46658399
Does it count if I abuse my players' tendencies to meta game in order to trick their characters in game?
>>
>>46658399
Our DM would give the party paladin meta info via messages from his god

They were really innocuous things too like "Don't kill the lizard"
>>
>>46659272
so you were trying to make Stanley Parable in Table top form
>>
>>46659664
I've heard about Stanley Parable, but I haven't played it nor I know what is it about exactly. The whole reason of that stuff was to give players the feeling of fighting against themselves because the final boss were their first characters projected through all the decisions and personality cues that they gave me in the beginning of the campaign. Everything else that came up, was just part of that initial idea
>>
My DM apparently has created his entire campaign around a really bad pun. We already found one of his puns, so we're dreading the ultimate one, probably more so then the coven of witches we need to kill.
>>
>>46661072
just pray they aren't dressed the same
or else you won't know
which witch is which
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.