[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Half vampire tiefling PC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: vampire tiefling ho.jpg (72 KB, 736x981) Image search: [Google]
vampire tiefling ho.jpg
72 KB, 736x981
So my friend wants to play a half vampire tiefling in a 1 on 1 campaign however in my setting such a creature would be immediately lynched/valiantly slain by a paladin. my question is how do i make this fun for the player while making sure everything stays in line thematically (basically as the races are described in the phb and monster manual is how i treat them)

TL:DR half vampire tiefling pc what do?
>>
>>46616316
How does one go about being a Half-Vampire?

Also I'd tell him not be be such a snowflake edgelord but it's a single person campaign so he can have fun with it. I'd still advise voicing your concerns to him, but also try to be accommodating if he's gonna be really austistic about it.
>>
>>46616316
Tell him what the opinion of the population in your setting of such a creature would be, then talk with him about what kind of campaign he would find fun in such a setting. Maybe it is finding other "downtrodden" creatures and creating an alliance to take over the kingdom. Maybe it is a campaign where he runs and hides from the inquisitors coming after him. Maybe it is both.

Talk to your players and find what they find fun. Make some compromises in your setting if you have to - its just a 1 on 1 campaign. You are just two dudes having fun playing pretend.
>>
OP here so considering how the populace would see the character should i go a more be subtle route talking to and making alliances with other outcast/dangerous groups bandits goblins and the like and if he pushes stuff with locals maybe an adventurer comes to try and deal with this "abomination"
>>
>>46616316
does this character wield an axe and or play an instrument?
>>
Anon, I agree Im autistic. I just found out Dhampir's are a thing and want to see if it would work? Just seemed intersting
>>
>>46616316
>in my setting such a creature would be immediately lynched/valiantly slain by a paladin
Are you playing oblivion and are all the guards omniscient and psychic? If not, then no they wouldn't be immediately lynched/valiantly slain.

1: play a caster with illusion magic and a high enough level to have illusion magic online all the time or with magic items hiding their race and vampirism.
2: there is no 2. Do the above.
>>
File: 1450723074900.jpg (435 KB, 1280x847) Image search: [Google]
1450723074900.jpg
435 KB, 1280x847
>>46616316
It's one on one, so let him be a satanic vampire lord. Give him some disguise powers to do stuff in polite society occasionally. Play a villain campaign.
>>
The guards arent Omnicient. But with me being a Dhampir, word would travel fast. And yes I am playing a spellcaster, thanks for the advice
>>
okay so it seems my player has found the thread
>>
>>46616316
What class. How does she generally behave. How does her lineage affect her. Whats your adventures starting point, are there any areas with exception to the rule she could have grown up in, is there anyone in her backstory who could have hidden her away out affection, fear, or demonic pact.

Personally I'd ask her to cut out the vampire part and just go with heavily visible Tiefling. An otherwise normal tiefling could still look like your pic.
>>
>>46616316
tell your player to stop being a special snowflake, and don't be such a fucking pushover you twat
>>
File: 1265871534476.jpg (77 KB, 612x801) Image search: [Google]
1265871534476.jpg
77 KB, 612x801
They could start out in a gang of bandits on a rapine and pillage spree through some lord's fief whose been called to war. Campaign escalates as kingsmen show up and eventually paladins and the returning lord's retinue.

They could also be part of a band of cultists that see the character's daemonic heritage as a sign of favor from the Dark Gods.
>>
>>46616797
considering you probably should have brought this up with them in one way or another already (if they've already made a backstory I mean, i can understand the appeal of pre-agreed surprise settings)

k so what you need is
1. they somehow made it to their age without being slain
2. the either can conceal themselves or avoid cities hardcore

ask them maybe? good thing 4chan already did the hard part of bringing the topic up

if you wanna go with what >>46616832 said a waiting on sheltered upbringing in some kind of base somewhere while only interacting with cultists and rarely or never seeing the outside could be interesting. the combination or privilege, isolation, and tension between their knowledge of what they are and knowledge of larger society's desire to see them slain could be really interesting.

also, they can either wear a cloak and some kind of eye covering thing while in city's or wait outside while you do all the buying and shit, either in a specified location or in a tent at camp (i assumed 1 on 1 meant you both have characters but maybe not). the fugitive life could actually be really interesting, lots of opportunities down that route story and tension wise.
>>
>>46616807
OP again
Her father was the Vampire, and her mother a servant in the castle of the lord she served. The Vampire was pretending to be of Nobility and the two grew close. She was the result of their union. She play with the Idea of world domination but she is more intruiged by the ancient ruins dotted around this world. She wants to uncover secrets that will aid me in living a life where she feels safe from the persecution of the many. Her mother died when she was in my early adulthood. She had caught a disease that had taken her life. She later found my father and had him teach her the arcane arts and how to conceal her identity.
Probably a wizard with some levels in rouge
>>
>>46616994
okay i seem to have forgotten basic tenses
>>
>>46616316
Make escaping racist Paladins the game
>>
>>46617154
this, honestly

it might actually be really clever, having a hero discriminated against due to their ethnicity, geared with all this dark magic, vampire powers, and privileged due to their upbringing that just happen to make them and conventional morals incompatible

it'll be like every "kill the evil" action fantasy game but in reverse
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.