[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
VTMG Vampire the Masquerade General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: VTM.jpg (562 KB, 858x576) Image search: [Google]
VTM.jpg
562 KB, 858x576
Let's go /tg/, let's do the Time Warp again.

Tell us about your games, your stories and your favorite characters.
>>
Does anyone have a good download for Vampire in hand? I heard V20 was pretty good and i want to try it out.
>>
Really? Nothing?
Not a single soul in /tg/ plays VTM?

Hum, that actually explains a lot.
>>
I GM'd a game a couple of years ago, that guy ragequat because I refused to be impressed by his being "badass". Got me a couple of good ideas for later games, we'll see how it goes. We switched to SWD6.

I bought VtM for te first time when I was eleven or twelve. WW switched to nWoD pretty soon thereafter, I was buttdevastated for years. The book still has some pages that smell the same as fifteen years ago (holy fuck), and it has been a source of inspiration the entire time I've owned it. I've never played as much as I wanted to, and I think this one thread summed it up pretty well, saying: "oWoD was never for /tg/, but for /lit/." I don't really know a lot of /lit/ people, so I guess people haven't really been interested in the stories I think of when I think VtM. But man, the imaginary rushes that fucking book has given me.

I'm going to try to remember some stories, but I doubt there are any. It's simply not a game I've played a lot.
>>
>>46589880
Guess I am fucked then. Decided to be the storyteller on the next congregation of amigos we are doing, but I am feeling like someone caught me with my pants down.

Lot's of experience in D&D and 40k, but not a lot in cWoD. It's kinda nerve wracking when I see even my basest references don't really work.
>>
>>46589974
Well, it all depends on what your vision of the game is and how it compares to that of the group. The crunch gears itself towards superhero-like games. so if you want lots of action and combat, go right ahead. If you're in for a detective game, it can work just as well as any other setting, except for certain information-gathering Disciplines that might give your players an advantage you'd rather not they have.

You can do many things with VtM, it's just that since the fluff is about the terrible struggle to remain more than an animal, I have wanted to do something with that. If you disregard it, or just use it for flavour, you're going to be fine. Good luck, mang.

Care to tell us more about our ideas?
>>
>>46590165
Yeah, I understand that. Played vtm and werewolf before, I know how it goes.

I planned for it to be somewhat balanced, a bit of roughhousing, a bit of intrigue and lots of existencial knee-kicks. The plot itself is a pretty hard slap to the face.

The players will all be from a group of vampire enthusiasts from around San Francisco. They will be Twilight fans, Castlevania players and will enjoy these sort of stuff. One day they will find out, by accident, about The Vampire Club and stumble upon their sires by accident, who will them be in very dire straights against the Barons of the area.
The idea, overall, is to have less of a game about "woe is me, the sucking blood life sucks" and more of a "wooo this is awesomeeee" to give better contrast against the ugliness of Vampire life.

Still don't know how I will make this work, yet, but I am confident I can do it.
>>
>>46590398
>The idea, overall, is to have less of a game about "woe is me, the sucking blood life sucks" and more of a "wooo this is awesomeeee"

You'll have no problem at all. This may actually be one of the best ways of getting the point across: the first time someone dies, it's not so fun anymore.
>>
Playing a Giant cannibal Nosferatu in a V:DA game. 5 point mentor is Rustovich.
>>
>>46590981
Is Vampire Dark Ages different from Masquerade how? I never looked into it much.
>>
>>46590981
moar

also, I have an idea about a Gangrel being converted to the Path of Metamorphosis, what do you guys think? I know it says somewhere that one way to think regarding path progression is that you need as many dots in Vissicitude as you want to have in the Path of Metamorphosis, but I'm thinking that Protean and the change Gangrel undergo when subject to Frenzy would make it an interesting experiment to teach one the core tenets of the Path and set it loose to see what happens.
>>
>>46591172
Set in the middle ages. "easy" mode due to much less ways to break masquerade. "hard" mode because True Faith is more common.

>>46591175
I actually diablerized a Gangrel that was part of a pack that ambushed us and our retainers. This of course (the diablerie, not the attack) happened after the Japanese Shinto Tzimisce coterie-face negotiates a cease fire. (That dude is a member of the Dragon, and has the flaw where he gets a new face erry night)

First session we met entered Budapest, and shit went down. I staked a Gargoyle which landed in the Danube. We outbid a Ventrue for the obvious party waifu revenant. Got spooked by a Malkavian running around claiming to be a thunder god.
> Oh, and when we got to the Prince of the city, he offered to feed us.
> Everyone who got fed was given a beautiful male or female servant to drain to their pleasure.
> Everyone except me.
> I got a little boy.
> The Prince knows exactly who I am, what I am, and who my mentor is.
> I didn't even give a fuck.
>Told the ST I snap the boy's neck, throw his body on the ground and begin violently shoveling his innards into my mouth.
> Coterie's face when
> I look around, ask why they all look horrified or grossed out
> Then I divine the future (that's right, I have oracular ability) by reading signs found in the viscera and pulp that is the child's remains.
> Parties face when I do not have to make a Humanity roll (yeah, still on Humanity)

We ended about a month ago in the basement of our new manse, and found a Roman ruin. And a Roman ghost. I suggested that we just "tear it down, to weaken the power the ghost has or ideally drive it out". ST stopped there, and suggested that things will begin getting spooky.
>>
>Told the ST I snap the boy's neck, throw his body on the ground and begin violently shoveling his innards into my mouth.
> Parties face when I do not have to make a Humanity roll (yeah, still on Humanity)

nigger what
>>
>>46591487
Forgot to mention, that we have had full on arguments about my character.

> Party is all horrified by me being a cannibal, as well as simply eating flesh.
> All for different reasons
> Shintoist tries to lecture me about dead flesh
> I respond that I've always eaten meat
> Resigns to simply requesting that I do not eat the humans that travel with us.
> This happens with each other character begging me to not eat the people that travel with us.
> Uh oh, during travel we seem to be running low on blood
> They suggest that we hunt for animal flesh
> I am disgusted and call them barbarians
> I reveal that my character was part of a cannibalistic blood cult in life, and has never eaten the flesh of an animal
> Party goes OOC, even the ST, and asks if I have a certain flaw
> I do not, but this is who my character is, and he will not willingly waver on this point.
> party feasts on the blood of beasts, I get ST approval to increase Willpower whenever I want due to my character constantly running low on blood.

Oh, and due to the diablerie of that gangrel, I got two points of Protean, which is nice.
>>
>>46591797
Yeah, I never really understood the Path system, so I've always just built characters on Humanity. Maybe my ST has me secretly on a path, or just allows me at Humanity 5 to be a crazy fucking swamp cannibal because it's what I've always been, even before becoming a vampire crazy swamp cannibal.

I honestly do not know why I didn't roll, but I offered, and asked if I lost any to begin with.
>>
>>46591909
Ain't two points a bit aggressive? Did he also give you the ability to buy protean too, as a out-of-class discipline?
>>
>>46592235
Oh, I had to pay for those two points. And the ST reiterated that I probably won't get to do something like that again, though understood why I wanted to get nightvision and agg damage.
>>
>>46592308
Being a cross between Mr. Hyde and Frankenstein's Monster of a Nosferatu, I can get that. It's nice your ST is chill about such stuff.
>>
>>46592383
My ST is AMZAING! Like, not only as an ST, but as a person. Local FLGS owner, has been in the industry of comics and games for decades, worked with WW and WotC, and was an original member of the Camarilla. Huge nerd and old school goth. Guy is my favorite person. I honestly cannot say a bad thing about him.
>>
>>46592450
uuuh that bigdick envy. I am the forever DM of my group and I am probably the least accomplished. When I see expert gamers out there I always feel like a flumph.
>>
>>46589166
Don't open it
>>
>>46592766
no, go ahead and open it
>>
>>46592921
>>46592766
what
what the fuck
>>
>>46592990
don't talk to the taxi driver
>>
>>46589166
I'm going to be running a game with some friends, an Anarch campaign set in New York.
>>
>>46593057
is this real life
>>
>>46593220
> He's never listened to 'The Deb of Night'.
>>
File: gigi.jpg (61 KB, 600x781) Image search: [Google]
gigi.jpg
61 KB, 600x781
>>46593186
oooh my nigga! I am doing a game in California. Got any wisdom to impart on a first time Anarch? I am often a Camarilla fucboi
>>
>>46593287
OH! Now i am.

Btw, anyone know that oooold album with the 13 songs, one from each clan (plus daughters of cacophony). I had the CD, bought it on a whim, but lost it and can`t find the thing for the life of me.
>>
>>46593484
It's called "Music from the Succubus Club".
>>
>>46593484
>>46593626
Here should be the full albulm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vympzV240mM
>>
File: 108830_o.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
108830_o.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>46593652
>>46593626
You guys. You guys are awesome in my book.
>>
>>46593287
>so many colors, so little time
I am in love, anon
>>
>>46589166
>Time Warp
Is it Shinobu Time again?
>>
File: Dr._Frank-n-Furter.png (293 KB, 444x480) Image search: [Google]
Dr._Frank-n-Furter.png
293 KB, 444x480
>>46595782
don't tempt me frodo
>>
>>46595782
Did you know the Malkavians get special snippets where they refer to them directly?
>>
File: bela.jpg (3 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
bela.jpg
3 KB, 160x120
Been playing a Sabbat campaign set in CA for several months with a small coterie: a Follower of Set (me, pic related), a Lasombra, and an Ahrimanes. The Camarilla just rolled into town a few sessions ago and we are caught in the middle. Shit's about to get real.
>>
>>46589292
Can someone help out with this?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.