[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Try a new RPG with friends >Start reading the pdf >Can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1256824448705.png (72 KB, 200x299) Image search: [Google]
1256824448705.png
72 KB, 200x299
>Try a new RPG with friends
>Start reading the pdf
>Can't even get past character creation without hearing all about the built-in reroll mechanic so that you can basically never fail

Do people actually like this shit? Seems like cheating desu. If you don't want to ever fail a roll, why not just play a game without dice? If that would even be a game anymore...
>>
>>43469894
>Seems like cheating desu

Rofl

I just don't use rerolls for everyone. In games with fate points, the party uses the same pool and have to work together to use them.

Thankfully they've fallen into the pitfall of finding them too valuable to use just in case and haven't used any for five sessions in a row and I've tried to be very conservative

Hopefully they're not conserving them to blow them in one go but if they want they can't chain them back to back
>>
>>43469894
>getting bothered by a reroll mechanic
Why don't you just fucking ignore it?
>>
>>43469894
what game was this?
>>
>options
>a game that multiple people like has INFINITY REROLLS but bothered to have stats for some reason despite the fact that they never effect anything ever because INFINITY REROLLS
>OP is one of those little shits who wants to mod his game of choice into all settings and refuses to read a ten page pdf and is looking for a reason to go back to his game of choice

Hmm, I wonder which of these is more likely.
>>
>>43470076
>butthurt
>a game that nobody likes has RETARDED REROLLS but bothered to have stats for some reason despite the fact that they never effect anything ever because RETARDED REROLLS
>>>43470076 is one of those little shits who wants to force bad games into all settings and refuses to read a good game and is looking for a reason to go back to his collaborative storytelling exercise

Hmm, I wonder if both of these are quite likely.
>>
>>43470137
Just tell us what system it is faggot.
>>
>>43471678
take your pick there are tons of shit systems out there right now
>>
>>43471702
>built-in reroll mechanic so that you can basically never fail

Specifics or fuck off.

Frankly my money is on you just spergposting a load of hyperbole, but we'll see.
>>
>>43470137
>>43471702
So you're wasting everyone's time, then? A good thread died for this one, OP.
Sage.
>>
>>43471996
>>43472766
>fatefags mad as fuck about the truth
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.