[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FE Quest: Silver Scales of the Past - Part 8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 14
File: fireemblemsmashlogo.jpg (15 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
fireemblemsmashlogo.jpg
15 KB, 500x500
>You are one of three characters: Samson, a spoiled bard, Dyrus, an axe-wielding rebel's son, or Rene, an orphan adopted by a high-ranking Director of an ominous empire, now a prepromoted archer-lancer. POV will rotate between them on a thread-by-thread basis, with an off-chance that someone else might occasionally take a chapter.

>These protagonists' motivations and goals will very likely come into conflict with one another's.

>Character Death is always a possibility and sometimes an inevitability (this is Fire Emblem after all), but your actions can very easily influence who lives and who dies.

>Voting periods will last an average of ten to fifteen minutes, but this may be increased, decreased, or generally changed at any given moment based on voter turnout.

>Write-ins are encouraged.

>The previous threads are archived on suptg under "Silver Scales of the Past," and a pastebin summarizing each one's events will be provided at the start of the next, like so: http://pastebin.com/WEy8pmdG

>A list of all current summaries and threads: http://pastebin.com/E9sXAcBx

>Our update Twitter is qmgrandflocto, and we have an ask.fm also under ask.fm/qmgrandflocto
>>
File: Myunit.png (109 KB, 360x162) Image search: [Google]
Myunit.png
109 KB, 360x162
Samson and his friends+family depart from safety so soon after they gain it. Though the might of three agents of Neir, a dark mage, a heavily armored swordswoman, and a privateer (he supposes privateer would be the proper term for a pirate who smuggled for the crown), bolster Marion's ragtag bunch's own, he still cannot help but think he's walking into a deathtrap over this family loyalty stuff... He can sort this out in awhile, though!

Elsewhere in Noba, its Southeastern border is crossed by Sir Dyrus and his friends, officially beginning their campaign of fending their collective way through the Coastal region to reach the deserts and merge their might with Lady Hauteclere's.

Upon their particularly-fast boat, seized from the recently-captured Alfred, Rene's friends, family, and comrades leave the recently-captured Holmstead, as well as the impending second attempt at advancement into Noba, in the capable hands of the Coastal region's forces, hurrying along to the archipelago's northernmost island for a Directors' meeting with the Emperor. She's been mostly silent and inactive since Holmstead, but is finally in the mood to socialize once again.

>A. Be Rene
>B. Be Dyrus
>>
>>46550345
B.

Also I've missed seven other threads? You guys seriously gotta link here in the /vg/ thread more often.
>>
>>46550345
>A. Be Rene

>>46550419
There's a twitter.
>>
>>46550345
>A. Be Rene
>>
>>46550419
I shill it on /feg/ every time I start (think I've only forgotten once). Surprised you only caught it the one time I forgot to accompany it with the logo picture.
>>
File: HunterDS.png (3 KB, 72x73) Image search: [Google]
HunterDS.png
3 KB, 72x73
>>46550434
>>46550437
You are now Rene. You were still reeling over the death of Augustus, while your father was wounded by a bard late during the Battle of Holmstead (he's being held in a chamber used for smuggling items towards the bottom of the boat, while Alfred at least gets the comfort of a room designated for holding captives).

He rarely seems bogged down by what must be VERY unpleasant burns, given the fact that the nearest healer was apparently more than a little ways away, though he's needed to walk with a cane for the past while. Hera, before you parted ways so she might watch over Holmstead in your father's stead during this time of recent-takeover, claimed it only added to his "experienced demeanor," and Omar has apparently been handy for healing him up when the pain acts up.

Your sister, though! Veiz has been busy much of the trip too, trying to talk sense into that Alfred swordsman she fancies.

Talking to you about this one day, she says, "if he can't be convinced, we'll simply have to hand him off to the Emperor with that other one. Perhaps doing so would even appease how mad Director Belinda must be..."

>A. "That other one?"
>B. You'd hate for that to happen
>C. It'd be for the best to just let that happen
>D. That's how it is, you guess
>E. Write-in response
>>
>>46550753
>>
>>46550753
Mostly because it'd make Veiz sad if her crush had to be executed.
>>
File: MyrmidonDS.png (2 KB, 68x71) Image search: [Google]
MyrmidonDS.png
2 KB, 68x71
>>46550779
>>46550826
"I'd hate for that to happen," you say, frowning. You'd tease a bit at her expense here, but still aren't quite in your best of moods. "If he died like that after how much effort you've sunk into trying to turn his life around..."

"Then I would admit to being wrong," Veiz says with surprising maturity. "If he cannot reconsider his life even when not doing so will bring it to a close, after I have made my intent to help him clear, after he has personally seen that Bard, there is... nothing more that I ever could have done."

"I... Suppose you have a point, but since when are we bringing the bard to the Emperor? I thought father wished to take care of him..."

"He had thought as much as well," Veiz says, "but since then he's taken in an awful amount of Raleigh's rhetoric. Not been affected by it, certainly, but it led him to remember how much Emperor Ximeno loves to see the hottest of fires stamped out."

"That is... Certainly something unique to take interest in," you say.

"It's a simple display of power," Veiz says. "Father claims that, as a prince, the Emperor was quite fond of fighting from the frontlines... Oh, enough about this, though, how are you faring?"

>A. Still out of it
>B. Better by leagues!
>C. Ready to fake it!
>D. Write-in response
>E. ...
>>
>>46551084
>C. Ready to fake it!
>>
>>46551084
>C. Ready to fake it!
>>
>>46551214
>>46551234
"Well, I'm... Feeling fine enough to fake feeling fine, I suppose."

"Good to see we're on the same level, then!" Veiz says with a smile and a mild chuckle before patting your shoulder. "Now, let's talk about less unpleasant things!"

Veiz proceeds to discuss a much more unpleasant-sounding romance novel she picked up in Holmstead with utter earnesty and admiration. Gods, just hearing about some of these cliches makes you wish you were talking about August's corpse instead.

Still, though, as long as you're faking your way past being miserable, it's easy to humor her discussion.

"...and then it turned out that two-thirds of the love triangle were actually long-lost siblings..." Veiz clears her throat, even she seeming a little embarrassed that this story she was talking up all this time had a conclusion like that. "I mean, it makes for a surprising concluding reveal, but it certainly. Evokes the idea that even the author didn't know until the last third. Ruined the entire fantastic first two-thirds."

>A. Huh what you stopped paying attention
>B. Cool story!
>C. Discuss something else (specify)
>D. Why is she telling you about this dumb book
>E. Write-in response
>F. ...
>>
>>46551600
>B. Cool story!
>>
>>46551600
>B. Cool story!
>>
>>46551725
>>46551739
"Uh huh, yeah, sounds like quite the story!" You say, more indifferently than you intended to sound. "Bad ending, though..."

"I lost you, didn't I?" She asks. "Understandable, given what a mess that last act was..."

"Why did you speak so enthusiastically about it if you didn't like the story?" You ask.

"Because I want to like this, I can't help but tear apart its flaws. One must be critical of their favorite fictions."

"Honestly, I stopped paying attention when I realized what a thinly-veiled, exaggerated jab at the Gerxel the 'oppressive kingdom' was. The desert being full of bandits, the way the trio hid in the Northern mountains because they weren't in its borders, all the exaggerations..."

"Hmm. I... hardly noticed, actually."

"See things critically, right?" You ask, yawning a bit. "Honestly, if it was an adventure story instead of a romance novel framed in a group of travelers, it would've been more obvious."

"Now that you mention it..."

You spend awhile longer listening to her outline all these things that only corroborate the conclusion you drew from a mere summary.

"...gods, it's worse than I thought," Veiz says. "To think I hardly noticed such blatant themes in the subtext..."

>A. Talk about something else (write-in)
>B. Speak to someone else (specify who)
>C. Skip ahead a little while
>>
>>46552072
>C. Skip ahead a little while
>>
File: ArcherDS.png (2 KB, 72x73) Image search: [Google]
ArcherDS.png
2 KB, 72x73
>>46552179
Following Veiz, you check on Alfred's room on the last day of your boat ride, actually quite amazed that it's been such a short one.

The man was always kind of spindly and pale, so he seems to be perfectly content sitting in the dark of his ship. He has very blue eyes beneath those glasses of his, though they're filled with an icy contempt most days.

"I'm... Going to die soon, huh." Alfred says with a frown.

"You don't need to," Veiz says, trying to keep a stiff form. "You've still one more day before it becomes too late to decide, and... You know I would rather keep you alive. You've a decent heart and plenty of skill to offer."

"My heart is a foul thing," Alfred says, trying to keep up his tough-guy demeanor. "Though I suppose an impure heart is better than one of pure evil."

"If I were pure evil, I would have slaughtered you on the spot for such a comment," Veiz says in return. "Your words are hurtful, Sir Alfred. You could... Lead a better life by my side. If you don't, you'll certainly be handed off to Director Belinda..."

"And what of her methods?" Alfred says, expression hardening to an unnatural amount. "Any execution she could dole out to me would be trivial compared to what could happen in your hands..." He looks down, his hair drooping over his eyes. It looks ridiculous. "And besides... I died in the battle of Holmstead, alongside my men. Go ahead, execute my putrid corpse."

>A. Slap him for being an edgy fuck
>B. Say that he's bluffing
>C. If that's how he wishes to be! (pull rank, have you and Veiz leave him to his fate)
>D. Gently suggest to Veiz that she give up
>E. Threaten him with a weapon. He wants to live on the edge, he can prove his lack of fear towards death
>F. Write-in response
>G. Keep silently letting her handle this
>>
>>46552546
That's no way to speak to a princess.
>>
>>46552546
>>
>>46552566
>>46552581
No sooner than his morbid word choice has left his mouth, your right hand leaves your side, quickly connects with his left cheek, and rests by your head. "Watch your tongue around my sister," you warn.

"Is... That all you've got?" Alfred says, sweating anxiously but quickly regaining his composure.

"Allow me to vouch for Rene," Veiz says for you. "She has far more. You, meanwhile, have shown that you're using far more than you have. One who doesn't fear death or pain wouldn't be so alarmed at a slap to the face. Now, if I may restate my offer in plain terms..." Veiz leans in somewhat, and you back away. "I recognize you as the sort of person whose skills would be better put towards serving the Empire. Prove me right, and you will not need to fear death by its hand. I, personally, would treat you no different than any other retainer. Prove me wrong, and your fate is in entirely different hands."

"Grh..." Alfred shuts his eyes, looking down and away towards the floor once again. "I apologize, bard. You... Will need to enter the abyss alone. I have teetered on its edge far too long."

>character limit, continued next post
>>
File: MyrmidonGBAIcon.gif (1 KB, 76x68) Image search: [Google]
MyrmidonGBAIcon.gif
1 KB, 76x68
>>46552981
"So you'll join us?!" Veiz can barely contain her glee any longer.

"...I have teetered on the edge of oblivion for too long. It is..." Alfred's voice seems to go up about an octave, and his entire demeanor softens. "It's exhausting. Earning the respect of smugglers, then watching them die... And I've been thinking a lot. Augustus didn't intervene until we'd been killed. I... think that was deliberate. To let us die so he wouldn't have to keep associating with smugglers, now that we'd served our most important purpose, gotten him his Wyrmite..."

"Dead men tell no tales, but..." Veiz pauses a moment, not wanting to continue to threaten him on the verge of joining up. "You seem a good judge of character if you had condemned the hostage-takers."

"Yeah, I... Can't stand that your father's keeping that bard captive either, honestly. You've done everything in your power to protect me."

"Glad you were finally able to open up!" Veiz says with a smile. "I'll go and tell father of your decision. Rene, keep him company, would you?"

And off Veiz goes, leaving you with Alfred.

>A. Threaten him for good measure
>B. Tell him you distrust him
>C. Earnestly welcome him aboard!
>D. Stand in silence, skip ahead
>E. Write-in dialogue
>>
>>46553142
>"We both know my sister's infatuated with you, but if you start getting any out of place ideas, you're going to find yourself in a very uncomfortable position."
>>
>>46553142
>E. Welcome aboard!
But, still keep an eye on him for good measure.
>>
File: Wyvern_lordGBAIcon.gif (2 KB, 80x69) Image search: [Google]
Wyvern_lordGBAIcon.gif
2 KB, 80x69
>>46553178
>>46553212
"So... As you may have noticed, my sister has taken a liking to you."

Not liking your tone, Alfred gulps. "Yes, I've... Noticed."

"And your tone tells me that your respect is... Not quite the same type, even if you appreciate all you've done for her."

"Are you going to slap me for not taking her hand now?"

"I should slap you for saying that," you say back with a cold expression. "In fact, I have quite the opposite thing to say. Should you in any way try to take advantage of her affection, or otherwise endanger her, my father, Cicero, or the Gerxel Empire at large... I'll notice."

"I assure you I am... Absolutely terrified of that," he responds. "I won't lay a hand on her..." He sounds as though he had some clever comment to make after that, but wisely chose to end his sentence there instead.

"Good!" You say, smiling and holding out your hand. "Speak to Cicero if you require any confirmation about how well our family treats its retainers. His pay was only slightly cut for failing to capture you when we first met, in fact!"

He briefly, awkwardly shakes your hand, letting go before his next sentence concludes. "I, uh... Hope he isn't mad at me over that..."

You assure him Cicero wouldn't be.

The next day,at the Archipelago's Northernmost island, an entourage of wyverns arrives soon after Alfred's boat, your father still preparing Typhoon Hall for its Directors' meeting.

As they drew close to the island, your father very seriously said to both you and your sister, alongside Cicero (Omar, it seems, was showing Alfred around), still supported by that cane of his. "I'm don't believe any of you have seen a Directors' meeting before... While none other than a Director, their second-in-command, and the Emperor himself may usually attend, Hera is in Holmstead. Thus, one of you may substitute. Admittedly, I... do not know which of you to select."

>A. Pick you!
>B. Suggest Veiz
>C. Suggest Cicero
>D. Not you!
>E. Await his decision
>>
>>46553637
>>A. Pick you!
>>
>>46553637
>A. Pick you!
>>
>>46553637
>A. Pick you!
>>
>>46553753
"If it's of no difference to Veiz or Cicero, I would like to," you offer, speaking up.

"I am certain you could manage the impressive task!" Cicero endorses with a slight bow.

"If father has no objection, neither do I," Veiz says, looking slightly offput that you beat her to the punch.

"Then I suppose it is settled. Rene, you will be filling in for Hera's seat as we discuss Noba, and rumors of a resistance."

"I... Could have sworn that the Emperor had an important magician among his court, though," Veiz remarks, that being settled. "Why not invite him along, if everyone bar the emperor gets their second person?"

"Methodius? He is... Open about his failures in speaking in more diplomatic situations. His skills, as he and the Emperor both know, lie outside of the meeting hall, in his magical skill and fondness toward fieldwork. For example... He's to handle the transfer of Raleigh into the Emperor's hands. While Rene and I are busy in the meeting, I will be entrusting you and Cicero to oversee that."

That being settled, the four of you hurry towards the shore of the island to await the arrival of the man himself, as well as the other four directors.

>A. Say something further (write-in)
>B. Wait for it
>>
>>46554108
>B. Wait for it
>>
>>46554108
>B. Wait for it
>>
File: Wyvern_riderGBAIcon.gif (2 KB, 80x69) Image search: [Google]
Wyvern_riderGBAIcon.gif
2 KB, 80x69
>>46554162
As the wyverns land by the port, your father's actions indicate to the rest of you that a full-blown kneel+bow is appropriate.

Off of one of the wyverns departs a quite tall man with long, black hair. "Grh... It's the little details that make them so different from horses..."

"And yet your excellency managed to bond with one so well..." A woman's voice says.

"I mean... If you insist," the man says. "Methodius, be the bearer of bad news. How well did I do?"

"It never once tried to throw us off..." an old man's voice says. "That's something, is it not?"

"A point, you have... Oh, shit, you're still bowing." The man clears his voice, before puffing out his chest and huffing. "You may rise."

"Your excellency," your father says. "It is an honor to be graced with your presence."

Director Belinda sits on one of the wyverns behind Emperor Ximeno, her hair in its usual dark purple bob. By her side, you barely recognize Marduk, his entire usually-professional appearance disheveled, and none of the wyverns by his and Belinda's sides are his sisters.

Oh... Oh my. You'll have to talk to him later.

In the meantime, the Emperor, black armor gleaming against the island sun, asks a question to your party. "Have Directors Chiffon and Cato arrived?"

>A. No, your excellency
>B. They seem to be running late
>C. Let someone else answer
>D. Write-in response
>>
>>46554547
>A. No, your excellency
>>
>>46554547
>>A. No, your excellency
>>
File: DruidGBAIcon.gif (2 KB, 76x69) Image search: [Google]
DruidGBAIcon.gif
2 KB, 76x69
>>46554712
"No, your excellency," you respond, giving another small bow with the response JUST to be on the extra-safe side of formality.

"We spotted no ships hailing from the desert or mountains on the way here, either..." Ximeno says, scratching his chin. "Even Cato wouldn't miss this sort of meet-"

"E-Emperor Ximeno, step back!" Methodius suddenly commands, the man in charge of the entire empire taking the warning at face value.

There's a bright flash, and before your eyes, a hooded, cloaked figure, a winged man in comparatively light robes, and about six wolfskin, two female and four male, one of the men and one of the women clad in an authoritative red-black, appear mere meters away from where the emperor stood. Cicero outright yelps in surprise before regaining his composure, and Veiz certainly looks a little apprehensive.

"G-gods, Cato..." Methodius says, wheezing severely. "Had I not sensed the air's essence shift so extremely, that would have given me a heart attack."

The cloaked woman cackles, before beginning teasingly in a somewhat gravelly voice. "So you could sense it? Then I still need to fine-tune the pendant..." She lowers her hood, revealing a middle-aged-looking face, still full of zeal and mischief.

The birdman just looks apologetically and professionally towards you all. "Please forgive Director Cato. She was... Very eager to test out her newest magical item."

"This is what we get for missing our boat..." The non-red/black clad wolfskin gripes, wobbling over to the seaside. "I'm going to be sick..."

The more authoritative of the male wolfskin (that would be Chiffon. He matches the description your father gave) just rubs his head idly, the authoritatively-dressed female one... nodding off.

>A. Cato could have hurt someone!
>B. Chiffon should rein in his subordinates!
>C. Just give the birdman a sympathetic look
>D. Write-in response
>>
>>46554975
>>
>>46554975
>>
File: FatesManagarmPortrait.png (47 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
FatesManagarmPortrait.png
47 KB, 256x256
>>46555172
You shoot the Vautou mage a look of sympathy, and Cato looks towards you and Veiz and smiles. "Oh, are these your daughters, Director Waldrick? They've grown so very well... And I can absolutely feel what you said about Veiz' magical potential!"

Waldrick nods. "The Bright Bow you suggested she use has come in very handy even in Holmstead. While it did not deal the fatal blow to King Augustus, Hera claimed it still dealt one of those which truly defeated him." What a lovely thing to be reminded of!

"Ah, so I've heard! Ah, but where are my manners?" She points towards the birdman. "This is Denim. It's not often a Vautou is willing to serve the Desert Region, but he has done so with flying colors..." She giggles in a quite un-middle-agedly way. "No pun intended."

"Guess I'm beaten to the politeness punch, huh?" Chiffon says before flashing a toothy grin and patting the Wolfssegner woman's shoulder. "This is Cashmere. Secretary, second-in-command, super-organized... Couldn't ask for a better assistant."

"Hnn-wha?" Cashmere wakes up again, sounding out of it. You notice that her vest is a bit on the open end, that the wolf-girl is... A bit gifted in certain ways, and you wonder suddenly about the integrity of Chiffon's employment decisions. Anyway, she continues, "yes, nice to meet you all... The other girl's Saye, those two boys are... *yawn* Donnegal and Flees." She smacks her lips before awkwardly meandering into a half-bow towards the emperor.

Chiffon, meanwhile, gives a much more dignified bow/hand gesture. "Did you and Director Belinda fly well?" He asks, and from there the two directors+the Emperor fall into a conversation you can't really follow.

"Is this... Truly how the wolves show respect for their emperor?!" Veiz whispers in slight offense.

"Certainly not to this extent..." Cicero whispers. "Could it be?"

>A. Maybe that's just how they are
>B. Chiffon REALLY needs to rein them in
>C. Get this show on the road!
>D. Write-in response
>>
>>46555586
>A. Maybe that's just how they are
and then quietly
>B. but Chiffon REALLY needs to rein them in
>>
>>46555652
Supporting
>>
File: GarouPortrait.png (48 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
GarouPortrait.png
48 KB, 256x256
>>46555688
"I mean, uh..." You whisper, "maybe there's a certain casualness in wolfskin society..." You shake your head quietly, still whispering, "oh, who am I kidding? They're the most feared fighters in Teege, and Director Chiffon shouldn't let his own retainers undermine that."

Your father, whose massive armored frame you were using to gossip behind, speaks up. "Director Chiffon. There had better be a good explanation for arriving late, causing a scene, and having such misbehaved subordinates."

"I'm... Honestly sorry about them," he says, scratching his neck as Cashmere still leans into him, hair (really long fur?) getting into her face as she naps standing up. "Being the test subjects for Cato's Witch Pendant got them feeling really sick."

"I see..." The Emperor speaks up again, silencing all murmuring in the process. "Magical advancement is a very dangerous field, and they ought to be commended for allowing themselves to be tested."

A seemingly-random wyvern rider with medium-length, neat, brown hair speaks up. "Director Belinda, permission to make sure Lady Saye hasn't died on the beachside."

"Granted, I suppose. Not like you'd be allowed into the meeting with me and Marduk." And with that, the man is off.

"And... Court Necromancer Methodius," Waldrick says. "My daughter, Veiz, and my elder daughter Rene's bodyguard and butler, Cicero, are to oversee the transfer of a very important captive."

"Ah, yes... Hurry to that, Methodius," the Emperor says, all three of the aforementioned disappearing. "I would like Raleigh in my custody... Soon."

After that, you all hurry along to get the actual meeting over with.

>character limit, continued next post
>>
>>46556108
The actual Directors' meeting, while hours long, is very much full of nitpicking, Waldrick and an incensed Belinda leading the conversations as the Emperor mediates.

"And you let this smuggler live, serve you!" Belinda smashes her fist into a table. "The one whose actions took the lives of some of our finest wyverns and riders!"

"It is his sentence, chosen in lieu of being turned over to Methodius," Waldrick began his defense of Veiz's actions.

"Still, though, even after all of this, we failed to capture Noba..."

"With Holmstead's location and resources, it is but a matter of time with proper planning," your father retorts at that point.

"With proper... Your own daughters saw Sir Darren fighting alongside King Augustus... He and his grandson, Dyrus, are proof that seeds of rebellion extend to even nobility of my own homeland!"

"Huh, Dywha..." A snoring Cashmere wakes up a moment for that VERY astute observation.

"No relation to the investigator who was taken by the cannibal underbelly?" Chiffon says, sounding disgusted to know such a group exists.

The short version of your conclusions that meeting are that Cato worms her way out of helping either Coastal or Central by citing the threat of bandit tribes that currently have her region in a civil war of its own that she would rather not give the human resistances reason to support, while Chiffon promises to lend a few of his kin to Belinda and Waldrick alike.

Meanwhile, you and your own party...

>A. Are sent to aid Director Belinda in crushing rebels
>B. Are sent to aid Director Cato in winning the desert from Vautou bandits
>C. Are to aid Director Waldrick in stopping the various threats to the coastline
>>
>>46556220
>>
>>46556220
>>
>>46556341
"On the other hand," Cato says, "while an active stance against the resistance could give the Vautou REASON to side with them, swift assistance from all regions might make the entire great desert much safer to cross."

That's how she put it, and Ximeno seemed to agree.

"So again I must bid you two farewell..." Waldrick says to you and Veiz after the meeting lets out and the lot of you reconvene. "I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Agents of your caliber will be needed all across the continent."

"Until we reunite, Director Waldrick!" Cicero says with a smile and a firm handshake. "I trust that the Coastal region shall be even more beautiful than we left it once we reunite!"

"Father..." Veiz says, sniffling, "I will make you proud."

"I am confident you will, Veiz," he says in turn. "You already have an excellent track record with it, after all."

"I'll keep your family healed up nicely in the desert," Omar promises. "I'll have us all back in one piece!"

"...at least I don't need to turn my blade on Noba QUITE yet," Alfred remarks. "It will give me time to reflect on my situation."

"And..." Your father addresses you last, "Rene."

>A. Yes?
>B. You'll do great too!
>C. Tell him to watch himself
>D. Write-in response
>E. ...
>>
>>46556707
>B. You'll do great too!
>C. Tell him to watch himself
>D. Love you, Father
>>
>>46556721
Supporting this.
>>
File: Brave_BowAwakening.jpg (262 KB, 854x904) Image search: [Google]
Brave_BowAwakening.jpg
262 KB, 854x904
>>46556734
"I'll be sure to make you just a little prouder than Veiz," you tease, "you know... Just to keep her on your toes."

"Hmph."

"Let's not spend the end of our reunion on teasing, Rene." He shifts his weight a bit on his cane.

"You watch yourself as well," you tell him. "Your burns are nowhere near healed..."

"I will be certain to mind my current state," he says. "It will be no impediment."

"Right, right... Love you, dad."

His stern look melts into a much kinder one. "I love you and Veiz as well... It actually makes me quite glad that you're able to see this region for the first time. The deserts can be quite beautiful in their more serene moments, and Veiz might be able to pick up some magic there... Oh, before I forget something!"

"What's that?" You ask.

In response, he simply produces a bow and matching quiver, an impressive silver-blue. Merely gazing upon it makes you feel... Bolder. "Your twenty-first birthday is in... A few weeks now. Preemptively, in case we are not reunited before then, I thought I should present you with this Brave Bow... No sense withholding it from you for timing's sake when you're about to challenge winged bandits."

"Wow... Th-thank you, father! I couldn't have asked for a more impressive bow!" You hug it tightly at first, then hug its giver tightly.

After that moment passes, you think over some of your companions for the trip to the desert region... Saye the Wolfskin, Director Cato and Denim the vautou-mage, and... Marduk. Director Belinda even privately said to you that she "thinks being away from Central will distract him. He lost his sisters to Noba," or something like that.

>A. You did tell yourself you would speak to him...
>B. You can do it some other time (end thread)
>>
>>46557026
>>A. You did tell yourself you would speak to him...
SUPPORTS LOG WHEN
>>
>>46557026
>>
>>46557026
>>
>>46557050
>>46557055
>>46557086
You find Marduk standing by the beachside, observing his subordinate wyvern rider (Baker, that's his name. The same who requested to check on Saye earlier when she was warp-sick) speak to Saye from a distance. Upon noticing people watching, the two's conversation seems to peter out, and they go from standing oddly close to one another to going their separate ways.

Marduk sighs. "They think they're subtle... Baker's a darned open book, though."

"None of my business, I suppose," you say, wondering offhandedly if either Director Chiffon or Belinda have rules against their respective subordinates fraternizing with humans or wolfskin, but not caring enough to ask Marduk for clarification.

"I see... You and your sister are doing well," Marduk says, turning to face you.

"Mm," you say. "I swear, it gets harder and harder to keep her from catching up to me..."

"Gotta by the peak to climb towards, huh?"

"Yeah, you know it," you say.

"..." Marduk is... Silent there, for awhile.

"Look, about..."

"I... appreciate your condolences, Rene," he interrupts while accurately predicting your statement, "but there's not much you can say to make it better. That being said, though, you've... Already done some good for them, I think."

"How's that?" You ask.

"After Winona's group went rogue looking for Nia, the last thing we heard from them was that they'd pinpointed Nia's location as the palace in August's Reach, right around when King Augustus was in town for once... Doesn't take a genius to say he had something to do with no one hearing from them again. You... avenged my sisters without even knowing, helping defeat that guy."

>A. Makes you feel a bit better about doing that
>B. That doesn't sound quite right...
>C. How can he be sure they're dead?
>D. You're... Not sure what to say
>E. He should've tried to help his sisters
>F. Write-in response
>G. ...
>>
>>46557369
>A. Makes you feel a bit better about doing that
But
>C. How can he be sure they're dead?
>>
>>46557483
"That... Actually kind of makes me feel better about having done that," you admit.

"Glad my loss assuages your guilt a bit," Marduk says somewhat sourly.

Still, though, even after all he'd become, how things ended, it's... Difficult to reconcile the August who grew up in an orphanage, who outright helped support it growing up, would kill someone so young as Nia, which casts Winona's fate into doubt by association. "How can you say for certain they're dead, though?"

"I'm... Not going to get my hopes up," Marduk says, turning away. "Even if they survived for long in Augustus' dungeons, there's no way they would leave them alive after the invasions. Even Belinda said I ought to... Get away from Central for awhile, try to put myself together. Like she thinks I'll throw myself off my wyvern or something."

That's... actually a worrying thought!

"I'm not that far gone, don't worry," he says, seemingly reading your apprehension. "It hurts like hell, and I'm honestly not sure what I'm fighting for if they're gone, but there's gotta be something there. A reason to carry on, you know?"

Well, he's steeled himself nicely. If he was able to resist chasing right after Winona when Nia was first captured, it makes sense that he's not a COMPLETE wreck by the looks of things, but... It's immediately apparent how this is affecting him. Heavy bags are under his brown eyes, his hair's a mess, and his every word is filled with a tired and pessimistic acceptance of his failures.

"Hey, uh... You take care of yourself in the desert, alright?" He asks. "We're all gonna have each other's backs, be done with this stuff in no time..."

Is he assuring you or himself? Either way, optimistic thought... Clearly isn't his strongest point, and it wasn't back then either.

>To be continued next thread
I could probably have continued, but... I have places to be tomorrow.

Thanks for playing. As always, update twitter/ask.fm are both qmgrandflocto, and I'll be around in-thread.
>>
File: Comfy Kirby.png (38 KB, 245x237) Image search: [Google]
Comfy Kirby.png
38 KB, 245x237
>>46557780
Thank you for running. Goodnight.
>>
>>46557780
Will we get Support ranks?
I honestly want to see Cicero and Rene's supports.
Childhood friend best pairing.
>>
>>46557780
Thanks for running.
>>
>>46557827
>>46557831
Always a pleasure.
>>46557828
If I had to estimate our heroes' assorted ones...

Rene's at B with Cicero, A with Veiz and Waldrick, POSSIBLY C with Hera.

Dyrus is B with Darren, Laurise, and Winona, C with Via and Nia. Heh, poet+didn't know it.

And, uh, Samson shot his way up to A-rank with Millie, B with Raleigh and Lazare (his dad), and I don't even know with Marion (his mom).

Don't quote me on these, melatonin's coursing through me as we speak and also it's hard to keep objective ranks in mind for this quest.

"Go to help the Wolfskin" was originally one of Rene's choices in the meeting there, by the way. I took it out because I felt like Dyrus' character arc deserves that confrontation WAY more
>>
>>46557916
Other support things of note, Biff and Byron are at definite A-ranks, probably a mutual A+. Christmas knights ride together, die together, hopefully don't actually die together.

Marduk and Rene might or might not have C, but again fuck if I know. These letters are hard for building actual character growth around.
>>
File: Katarina_Crying_(FE12).png (24 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Katarina_Crying_(FE12).png
24 KB, 256x192
>>46557916
>>46557959
Right, thanks.
Thank you for running.
There was no way to save August, was there?
>>
>>46557992
None for him, yeah.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.