[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GAME FINDER
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 18
File: 1400175739497.jpg (62 KB, 500x434) Image search: [Google]
1400175739497.jpg
62 KB, 500x434
No one wants to play edition

>Player/GM
>System
>Time available (Incl. Timezone)
>Voice or Text
>Method of playing (Roll20, IRC, Skype)
>Contact info
>Additional information
>>
>Player/GM
GM
>System
Homebrewed d20
N/A
>Voice or Text
Text
Play by Post on a forum
>Contact info
Imperiumascension.yuku.com or [email protected]
>Additional information

Hello everyone,

I am currently looking for new members for my play by post game, Imperium : Revolution. In our current campaign the party is led by Illyza, an ambitious psyker as she tries to establish a new nation for her kind in a galaxy dominated by a despotic regime. The setting itself has been shaped over the course of multiple campaigns throughout the years and influenced by other series such as Mass Effect, Bioshock, Dune, Babylon 5 and a dash of Warhammer 40k/Rogue Trader as well as many others.

The game itself is based on a simple d20 system with a big emphasis on roleplaying and interaction. PC's will get to choose from 5 classes and have the option of creating their own alien race or using one of the established ones. There is no EXP system currently and level ups are instead handed out at my discretion. What each character gains and how they progress as they level up is based on how the character was played. They can also gain access to new abilities based on skill set and play style and may even gain customized ones unique to them.

I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone might have
>>
>Player/GM
Player
>System
Pretty much anything at this point, I'd like something DnD related though.
Evenings CST most weekdays
>Voice or Text
I'd prefer text. Not a dealbreaker, though!
Any.
>Contact info
>Additional information
I'm a newbie.
>>
>Player/GM
GM
>System
Vampire: The Requiem 2e
Playing on Fridays 7:30 EST
>Voice or Text
Text
Roll20, but there is a group on Skype
>Contact info
Paper.moon2 on Skype
>Additional information
It's VtR in the 80's, set in NYC
>>
>>Player/GM
Player
>>System
Kinda interested in nWoD, L5R, and Shadowrun
>>Time available (Incl. Timezone)
PST, Mon-Thurs any time after 3pm, Fri-Sun pretty much any time
>>Voice or Text
Either
>>Method of playing (Roll20, IRC, Skype)
No preference
>>Contact info
Volttekka on Skype (I think that's the one that pops up)
>>Additional information
Pretty new to this stuff, so might need to be led through all the beginner stuff
>>
>>46514662
>No one wants to play
Maybe it's because fa/tg/uys are a bunch of salty fucks that can't get along with each-other, and need to ostracize everybody they can just so they can feel better about themselves.

>Player/GM
Player
>System
A bunch
Whenever
>Voice or Text
Whatever
Roll20+Skype
>Contact info
I'll contact you
>Additional information
I'll be lurking. I only posted to save the thread from falling off the catalog due to inactivity.
>>
File: 1459782608780.jpg (120 KB, 706x1000) Image search: [Google]
1459782608780.jpg
120 KB, 706x1000
>Player/GM
Player/Want a break from G<
>System
5th ed/Pathfiner etc
AEST, Used to CST/American times
>Voice or Text
Voice
Roll20/Slpye/Discord
>Contact info
>Additional information
Up for learning just about any system, currently running two games, want a break to just play.
>>
>>GM/Player
Player
>>System Preferred
L5R, 7th Sea, aSoIaF-Rpg
>>Times Available (with timezone!)
Evenings, CST
>>Method of Play (Skype, IRC, roll20, etc)
Skype, roll 20
>>Contact Info
>>Additional Notes
Looking for a game centered around Politics and intrigue.
>>
>Player/GM
Player
>System
Anything 40k. Rogue Trader would be nice.
PST, available sundays and possibly other days depending on the time.
>Voice or Text
Text
However
>Contact info
>>
File: 1456114053042.jpg (115 KB, 604x840) Image search: [Google]
1456114053042.jpg
115 KB, 604x840
>GM/PLAYER
Player looking for player, helping the GM with recruiting.

>SYSTEM PREFERRED
Palladium

>TIME AVAILABLE (TIME ZONE PLEASE)
We play like 11EST-8PMEST on Sundays. If you can't make it the whole day that's understandable; we're aware it's a long time to sit and play, but it's always fun and if you can only be there for part of the time we'll figure it out.

>VOICE OR TEXT
Text. We use Roll20 and Skype for OOC bullshit.

>CONTACT INFORMATION!
lex.marion on skype, there's a lot of things that pop up apparently. My name is just Lex and my avatar is an illustration of a girl. Leave your skype info if you can't find it.

>ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
1) Palladium is a super simple system to learn. If you're a first-timer with it, don't sweat. We'll hold your hand and you'll pick it up fast.
2) We're a group of 5 friends who play a ton of games together. Right now we're getting ready to start a low-power superhero game, but it varies what we play from week to week, usually we vote for it. We also have a high-power hero game, a modern-day supernatural game, and a horror house game going. If you're only in it for the low-power super game, that's cool I guess, just know we won't play that every week.
3) We talk a lot in our skype OOC group, both about the game and things that are not the game. Just be prepare to either /alertsoff or join in and hang out with us, preferably the latter because we're not cliquish assholes.
4) Our games are very narrative-based, and there's faaar more RPing than combat. Murderhoboing is not our style, figuring shit out via storytelling is.
>>
>>46518099

You play from 11 AM to 8 PM? How the fuck do you play for that long?
>>
>>46518151
Sometimes we start even earlier and end even later. We've gone 12+ hours before. We take breaks through the day to eat and all that, but otherwise we're totally happy to waste an entire Sunday sitting around pretending to be superheroes and chatting. It helps if you like the people you're playing with.
>>
>>46518151
To me it sounds pretty normal. I mean average RPG sessions I've had have lasted 8 hours with longest being 12 hours. I can't imagine you could do RPG session that last lass than 6 hours. Typically it's the combat that makes sessions so long, especially if you use more complex system.
>>
>>46518434

I've usually only gone on about 3-4 hours. Maybe 5 or something at the absolute most when things are getting REALLY tense. 8 hours or more? That's weird to me and I'm not sure I've even known anybody who ever had sessions that long.
>>
>>46518463
I guess me and my group is weird then, but I've known others to do that too. I mean how can you make combat fast enough for 3-4 hours or do you stop sessions before fights reach to conclusion? Also, we like to engage in long dialogues with NPCs sometimes.
>>
>>46516309
Not really.
I would want to play, but everyone hates me for not being able to go on mic, and people are not running any standard fantasy/sci-fi games, and games that aren't grimdark as fuck.

Is it really too much to ask for a nice game of classic fantasy/sci-fi that is played through text and not voice?
>>
>>46514662
New player here, no friends have the attention span to play dnd with me so I'm in if that's what this is about, I don't know much nerd speak but I know how to play.
>>
>>46519902
Uhh have you like.. considered filling out the incredibly simple form or something? what a way to ensure nobody's going to pick you up if you can't follow basic instructions
>>
>>46520326
*sigh* nerds are so smug this is why you guys have to shoot up schools... I asked if this is dnd AND noted I'm not good at nerd speak
>>
>>46520326
No one is picking you up with an attitude towards new guys like that.
>>46519902
Yes that's essentially what's happening here so fill out the form and someone will contact you. Don't worry not all of us are cynical overweight animals like that guy
>>
File: 1450881642249.jpg (188 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1450881642249.jpg
188 KB, 750x750
>>46520483
I don't think you understand where you are. there are traditions that must be upheld
>>
>>46520608
I don't think this is /b/, no matter where I go I get verbally assaulted by nerds for not spending high school playing the pen and paper games but I want to play, it's and obnoxious group of people, literally zero manners and social skills. It really is ridiculous
>>
>>46520658
Welcome to 4chan, now man up or get the fuck out.
>>
>>46520658
There are nice nerds out there, it's very few and far between, but they do exist, barely. You won't find them at any gaming stores though.
>>
>>46520680
Your in a work safe board, no men are here
>>
>>46520713
>any board of 4chan
>no men
Fuck off, this isn't your safe space bitch.
>>
>>46520658
I'm a nice and friendly nerd, but honestly I think you're making unnecessary drama and just bitching here for sake of bitching. Why not just copyoaste the form from OP's post and fill it out? It will help you find a game much better than what you're doing now.
>>
>>46520724
You are a idiot.
>>
>>46518463
3-4 hours once a week really does not sound like enough to scratch my itch, only to give me blue balls, so to speak. I would guess it's the same for most groups.

>>46520483
Hey there newfriend. DnD falls under the umbrella of "tabletop RPGs" yes, but it's not the only one for you to play. There are a large variety of systems to choose from. You not knowing nerdspeak isn't really an excuse for you to answer a few very simple questions to help find a game/group that's right for you, though. It's there for a reason. Essentially,
>>46520745
this.
>>
>>46521165
Nah I know I should've been able to fill out the form no problem I'm working so I just asked if anyone does dnd. Then when I got the smart aleck answer I couldn't help but trigger him I'm sorry brahs
>>
>>46521302
>Then when I got the smart aleck answer I couldn't help but trigger him I'm sorry brahs
Get out.
>>
File: 1459036452316.gif (270 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
1459036452316.gif
270 KB, 229x220
>>46521312
When someone shows instability how can you resist?
>>
>>46521302
Yeah nah. So far you've shown:

Your lack of ability to follow basic instructions
Your lack of ability to take responsibility for a stupid post, but instead you blame everyone else
That you're whiny and keep complaining about how mean the nerds are ;_; poor you, what a victim
Wait no, actually that you're a le master troll xD

Please get a trip so I don't accidentally pick you up for one of my games, thanks. Nerds don't bully you because you haven't played RPGs your whole life, nerds bully you because you do dumb things.
>>
>>46521432
Nah when you go into a nerd store and ask a simple question about a difference in creating charactors when transitioning from 4th to 5th e, and they give answers like "you should've known this etc". Thats the type of behavior that normal people don't exhibit
>>
>>46514974
This is a pretty cool idea, those campaigns must take years though haha.
One thing I noticed about the rolling system, you say players can roll themselves and post it, shouldn't you roll for people so sore losers don't cheat?
>>
>>46516309
This
>>
>Player/GM
Player, but I can GM if someone gets me interested in a premise/system or something

>System
Anything other than DnD or straight, boring Sci-Fi. I like fantasy as long as the system isn't garbage and combat doesn't take more than 4 hours like the Palladium guy was saying earlier (not implying DnD is garbage, btw. Not a trole).

I'm available on most weekdays, but sadly not weekends.

>Voice or Text
Text, preferably. I've got a shit accent because english ain't me ferst.

Whatever. I've got all three of those and Discord. Anything as long as it's not PbP on a forum. I hate those, always lose interest/track

>Contact info
[email protected] for like, the next day.

>Additional information
I'm a funny guy, really.
>>
File: 1459535742999.jpg (81 KB, 704x900) Image search: [Google]
1459535742999.jpg
81 KB, 704x900
Keepin this shit

B U M P E D
>>
>>46525955
Don't these threads last 24 hours anyway?
>>
>tfw wanna GM but my accent/dialect is nearly indecipherable despite me speaking fluent English.

Feels rough.
>>
>>46528520
You could try text games. That eliminates a lot of barriers that accents can cause.
>>
>Player/GM
GM
>System
Pathfinder, with some 3PP (Path of War)
I'm on rotating shift work, so some weekends, and some weekdays.
>Voice or Text
In person
In person
>Contact info
[email protected]
>Additional information
This will take place in Bethlehem, PA. I usually monitor the Pathfinder General thread.
>>
>Player/GM
GM
>System
B/x Dungeons & Dragons
Weekday evenings CST/EST
>Voice or Text
Text
Roll20
>Contact info
>Additional information
Looking to get an introductory game for new players (myself included).
>>
>>46529457
Out of curiosity, why basic? Why not a more modern version?
>>
>>46529553
I am fascinated by OSR rules - their simplicity, their openness, their streamlined/modular rules. Having read B/x and 5e both around the same time, I think B/x is both a better introductory system and a much faster system in terms of getting a game going and recording information.

Not that 5e isn't cool as well. It's just not a standout game for what I'm wanting to do.
>>
>>46529661
I know very little about basic D&D. How does it compare with 5e in regards of roleplay capabilities?
>>
>>46529851
It's as open as you want it to be, in that regard. I'm a newbie, as I mentioned in my post, but the general vibe I get reading through the rulebook and the modules is that a game old school D&D can be as role play intensive as the DM and the players want it to be.
>>
>Post timezone,
CT / UTC - 6

>days available,
Weekends and a yet to be determined number of weekdays

>GM or Player
2 semi-vet players with lots of GM experience, each former foreverGMs

>System(s) you're looking for,
Open to most things, not looking to play: DND 4e, Exalted, Vampire, anything 40k, or a sci-fi setting

>method
roll20

>other details.
Both like to role play, not really interested in overtly sexual or political games, memesters, or anime. Prefer voice.

lord.saturn on skype if you've got a group
>>
File: architecture.jpg (844 KB, 1756x2937) Image search: [Google]
architecture.jpg
844 KB, 1756x2937
>>Player/GM
GM

>>System
I'd like to run a playtest of a Dungeon World spin-off that focuses on local heroes rather than the usual assumption of murder-hobo vagabonds.

>>Time available (Incl. Timezone)
Well, I'm located in the part of the US of A where we pray to the Mountain Time gods, but I'm a bartender, so if we were going to have a voice game, the schedule would change every week. Rather than bother with scheduling, which kills online games faster than boredom, I've decided to

>>Voice or Text
do a Play by Post game instead. I've found it really works for the Apocalypse World games due to the amount of improvisation going on.

>>Method of playing (Roll20, IRC, Skype)
I'll set up a forum, and we can game there early 2000s-style.

>>Contact info
[email protected]

>>Additional information
Ideally, my players are posting once per day every weekday. I would update at the end of the day (and again, I'm in the US, Mountain Time).
>>
>>46522479

I have a little system of randomizing whats a good roll and whats a bad roll if I feel the need to. Basically I'll roll a dice, that number becomes the "20" or critical success and the number to the left of it becomes the "1" or critical failure.

Were you interested in joining? Ya it does take pretty dang long, but I like it because it gives me time to do things through-out the week at everybody's own pace and lets players really flesh their characters out.
>>
>Player/GM
Player
>System
5e (never played it before, would need some hand-holding)
Evenings is better. PST, though I can be flexible.
>Voice or Text
Text preferably.
Roll20 works for me, though I also have Discord and Skype.
>Contact info
[email protected] or mistuh_b on Skype
>Additional information
I only play characters that are fun to me. Don't worry, I won't derail your game or minmax some OP shithead. Just be ready for "quirks".
>>
>>46533849
This intrigues me. But why make a whole new forum instead of using one of the many out there?

How many players are you looking to have for this forum game?

What sort of diceroller will you use? (Invisible Castle's still works despite the rest of the site being totally defunct)

Will you be providing the gamebook needed for this?
>>
ITT
>Salty fucks
>Lazy noobs
>Lame tryhards

No wonder I stopped lurking these threads.

At least >>46522500 this guy gets it.

Time to give another half-year break from this thread, maybe you guys will improve by all hallows eve.
>>
>>46535616
ok kid
>>
File: 1450335538508.jpg (93 KB, 850x1050) Image search: [Google]
1450335538508.jpg
93 KB, 850x1050
>>46533849
Neat pic, anon.
>>
Where dah lewd games at
>>
>>46514662

>Player/GM
GM or Player.

>System
Can GM -> Traveller/2300AD, Pathfinder, The End of the World, FATE, Double Cross, 2nd/4th/5th Ed DnD and M&M (interested in playing most things).

Depends, but normally 6pm+ weekdays or weekends most nights. UK (GMT).

>Voice or Text
I've run a few games over Skype with voice before but they ended poorly when the tweens who were playing decided to go all magical realm.
So I guess text? I don't mind voice so long as things don't get weird (which they tend to do a lot for some reason or another).

Honestly in person but that's never going to happen anytime soon, So either Roll20 or Skype.

>Contact info
Mint_Fudge (Skype)
If you're in the UK and a roleplayer it would be nice to hear from you as there are very few here in Brighton, even at the gaming store meet-ups.

>Additional information
Would prefer some sort of contact via this thread first really or an exchange of text messages as I'm on my phone currently.
>>
File: image.jpg (484 KB, 2048x1992) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
484 KB, 2048x1992
484 KB
484 KB JPG
Anyone up for an ace combat rpg campaign? We've got a relatively inexperienced DM over at /vg/'s /aceg/ who has an opening for 4 players, so I figured /tg/ would be a good place to look for 3 others.

No we don't get to fly hornets yet
>>
>>46540745
eeeee double cross
>>
>>46542517
Aaaand all the boring stuff
>Player/GM
4 players to 1 GM
>System
Homebrew
USA CST I think
>Voice or Text
text
IRC
>Contact info
Drop by Thunderceptor's stream on hitbox. Check the /aceg/ thread on /vg/ for times he's streaming.
>Additional information
Again, stop by thunder's stream and ask the chat if you're interested
>>
File: 1456498366923.jpg (112 KB, 378x629) Image search: [Google]
1456498366923.jpg
112 KB, 378x629
>Player/GM
GM

>System
D&D 5e

Tuesdays 4pm-9pm EST

>Voice or Text
Voice for OOC, Text for IC roleplaying

Roll20 for maps and such, Skype or Discord for voice communication during and between sessions.

>Contact info
Lobotomizedsquirrel on Skype.

>Additional information
We're playing an amalgamation of CoS with a bit of I6 Ravenloft in there; standard fare Gothic horror, with some humor inspired from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Looking to recruit two more cool dudes to game with for this campaign and potentially afterwards. Main thing I'm looking for are people who can consistently attend sessions and are fun to share an evening with on a weekly basis.
>>
File: 1450335643429.jpg (460 KB, 1076x1089) Image search: [Google]
1450335643429.jpg
460 KB, 1076x1089
Bump
>>
>>46540745
I'm full on games but I am in the UK.
>>
File: image.jpg (193 KB, 787x638) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193 KB, 787x638
>>46542517
Nobody?
>>
>>46544766
I would be interested if I know anything about Ace Combat.
>>
>>46540745
I'd be interested in playing D&D 5e or PF because I am most familiar with them, though I'd try other things if I can get the rules for it.
Still somewhat of a beginner though as I haven't had the chance to participate in game that's worth calling it one.
>>
>>46544766
I'm interested but my schedule is locked into late nights only. I'll drop you a line anyway I guess.
>>
>>46535492
Hey, sorry for getting back so late.

> But why make a whole new forum instead of using one of the many out there?
I don't know, I guess it's just the way I prefer. Besides, it doesn't take too much work to set one up.

> How many players are you looking to have for this forum game?
At least two, and I already have one.

> What sort of diceroller will you use?
Invisible Castle's is the one I was thinking of, if I wasn't able to find one of those dice-roller plug-ins.

> Will you be providing the gamebook needed for this?
You bet.

>>46539160
Thanks. I only wish I knew where it was from.
>>
>>46544896
Ace combat is basically "what if fighter jet simulators had 800% more fun"

You fly real life fighter jets in close range dogfighting, there is no beyond visual range combat. It's basically Top Gun dogfighting: the videogame series

Also has the best videogame series OST as a whole

Trailer for an older game:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uzBO0XV6Jps
>>
>Player/GM
Player

>System
Preferably 5e, but I'd be willing to learn most other fantasy settings

Wednesday, Friday, Sunday after 7pm EST

>Voice or Text
Either is fine

Roll20, skype

>Contact info

>Additional information
I've been a foreverDM for 5e for a couple months now and I'm looking to be a player for the first time
>>
>>46545547
Also missed your response. Nice to see we're gathering players.
>>
File: Wonderful-101-Wonder-Blue.jpg (59 KB, 808x808) Image search: [Google]
Wonderful-101-Wonder-Blue.jpg
59 KB, 808x808
Would anyone be interested in a game based on Sentai?
>>
File: dao.jpg (44 KB, 403x425) Image search: [Google]
dao.jpg
44 KB, 403x425
>Player/GM
GM

>System
Dragon Age RPG

Weekdays after 2 PM EST

>Voice or Text
Text only

Skype and Roll20, though I'm open to using IRC.

>Contact info
E-Mail: [email protected]

>Additional information
I'm looking to run a game for 3-5 players, but the where and when of the setting I'm flexible on; you can all be members of a Dwarven noble house during the Fifth Blight, Ferelden freedom fighters during the Orlesian occupation (or occupiers instead), etc.Come to me with an interesting character concept and once I have enough players I'll let you all hash out what sort of game you'd want to play.
>>
>>46546025
When? What system?
>>
>>46546025
Yes
>>
>Player/GM
GM
>System
Adeptus Evangelion: Version 3.5
GMT-3 Really just most eastern times.
>Voice or Text
Text, but voice at some point isn't an impossibility.
We use roll20 for combat sessions, google docs for character roleplaying and whatnot, and skype to organize everything into a coherent mass.
>Contact info
vincent.mason37 Make sure you note you're there for AdEva.
>Additional information
>>
>>46547425
>google docs for character roleplaying and whatnot
Why add this extra step when you could just be doing it on roll20 or Skype?
>>
>>46547525
autism
>>
>>46542517
>amended
He's been dming for six fucking years and i apparently missed the memo
>>
File: Hero Moves 2.png (232 KB, 1604x1239) Image search: [Google]
Hero Moves 2.png
232 KB, 1604x1239
>>46546938
>>46546501

Wup sorry I was gone.

It's a hack of *World games that uses Sentai heroes as its base. Mostly a homebrew and such but I've been meaning to playtest it.

As for time/location I dunno it'd depend on everyone else's time and I was thinking maybe Discord or something else.
>>
File: 120520631-565x418_2.jpg (22 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
120520631-565x418_2.jpg
22 KB, 640x430
>>46514662
>No one wants to play
I wonder why...
>>
>>46550176
No games that interest me yet..haha
>>
File: 1449052606288.jpg (282 KB, 701x960) Image search: [Google]
1449052606288.jpg
282 KB, 701x960
Bumping this.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.