[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DM: You are surrounded by beggars all asking for copper and silver
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: YfJV5mo.jpg (191 KB, 589x761) Image search: [Google]
YfJV5mo.jpg
191 KB, 589x761
DM: You are surrounded by beggars all asking for copper and silver pieces.

Bard: I get all the beggars attention and tell them that we are heroes on a mission to save the world! We need every single coin to help fund our mission so they need to give us everything they have.

Rolls a bluff check landing a 31

DM: ... They look at you in confusion.

Bard: Wait, do they give me anything?

DM: Their fucking Beggars, they having nothing but a few copper pieces

Bard: I mean why cant they give me those?
'
DM facepalms.
>>
>>43460617
What a presumptuous shithead.

If he wanted donations he should have asked in the form of a heart-rending melody.
>>
DM: you are directed to the captain of the town guard, he looks very busy, he got a large scar on hi-

Cleric: i say hello

DM: the dwarf looks up from a messy desk full of papers an-

Warlock: i ask what they know about [quest]

DM: corpses have been disappearing from the cementary on a regular basis, one each month like clockwork, it started a month after the old undertaker disappeared, peo-

Warlock: i ask about the reward

DM: we're severely undermanned and policing living people goes over chasing dead people, so i guess if you would take care of this for me i could give you 50 gold if-

Warlock: We'll do it for 80 *rolls persuasion 18 while saying this*

DM: ugh, fine, i guess it's worth it, but i want proof and if you want 80 i would also like the culprit alive, if possible

-the party goes and takes care of the quest, instead of bringing in the monster alive (which had surrendered) or any proof of it's crimes ("hey it's a monster, of course it was him") they simply bring the decapitated monster in on a wheelbarrow, during the middle of the day-

Warlock: here, the monster, now where is the reward

DM: oh? didn't you bring any proof, also, while i understand that it's a monster did you have to kill it?

Warlock: i roll to bluff *21*

DM: well i guess what matters is that the grave robbings are going to stop, you've ear-

Warlock: i cast suggestion, suggesting that he gives us twice the quest reward, he must make a wisdom save or give us 160 gold

DM: you know you're messing with a retired borderline legendary fighter right? do you still want t-

Warlock: what the fuck, DM? you didn't give any indication of that before this. i still want to do it, though.

DM: *sigh* he makes his save.

DM: the dwarf throws a bag of 80 gold at you and tells you to fuck off.
>>
>>43460617
He's right: they should give up the few coppers they have. Also, that's hilarious and he should get a reputation for outbegging beggars.
>>
>>43461297
Not necessarily. Those few coppers are their lifeline, and while a 31 bluff is impressive, and might get a coin or two from them, they're not gonna put their own lives at risk. It's like bringing someone up to Helpful on the NPC attitude chart. Now, if he made a DC 40 Diplomacy check, bringing them to fanatic, then sure, they'd give up everything they had and he'd be able to start a cult.
>>
>Party is at local adventurer's tavern
>Lots of parties hired by the military in town that day
>Cleric and Fighter end up wandering into the back room
>One of the adventurer teams is currently busy brewing something in a big cauldron
>Fighter asks what they're brewing
>They're mixing beer with a bunch of miscellaneous things they found on their travels
>Cleric adds vampire dust as the party's contribution
>Drink ends up being served to everyone at the tavern for free. It's a busy night
>Pretty much everyone drinks it down except the Paladin
>Entire tavern stuffed with adventurers flips the fuck out
>Cleric thinks he's god
>Fighter and various others build massive fort from chairs and tables. Begin to fight imaginary war using broomsticks despite having actual weaponry
>One of the Druids takes to the streets with a whole bunch of fellow musicians. Wants the whole city to experience their fun
>Halfling bard terrorizes 'Fort Awesome'. Fighter and co. powerless against her might
>Everyone pretty much blacks out
>Wake up morning after in prison cell
>Prison is nothing but adventurers today
>Paladin is standing by the party's cell. Disappointed. Had to call in a favor from his dad to set his friends free
>Don't put random monster things in alcohol, kids
>>
Never mess with the beggars.
>>
File: Smile.jpg (56 KB, 557x448) Image search: [Google]
Smile.jpg
56 KB, 557x448
>>43460992
>the dwarf throws a bag of 80 gold at you and tells you to fuck off
This pleases me.
>>
>>43461422
I still think it should be arbitrary decided by GM from case to case.
I mean, if you'll let it slide - you can persuade people into killing themselves with high rolls.
>>
>>43461714
You should be able to do that, although it should be multiple rolls over a long period of time. Cults be crazy yo.
>>
DM: The lord of the manor asks you to find his lost daughter.

Barbarian: What kind of reward we talking about here?

DM: He offers you 20 gold to bring her back unharmed.

Barbarian: Need more than that. Make it 50.

DM: Roll your persuasion

Barbarian: *12*

DM: He says 20 gold flat. It is more than enough for the task being asked. Take it or else he will find someone else.

Barbaian: I agree and leave his room. Before I leave the manor are there any baskets or other vessels I see on my way out while out of sight of the lord?

DM: Uh. Yeah. There is a wicker basket by the front door used as place for people to put umbrellas when it is raining.

Barbarian: I take a shit in the basket.

DM: Give me a stealth check and constitution check to see if you can quickly pass out a silent barbarian shit before anybody notices you. I'll say 10 for con check to beat, 15 for stealth.

Barb: *23 con.* *12 stealth*

DM: You mount the basket and drop a mighty duece! Unfortunately you crack off an accompanying fart that is loud enough to mistaken for thunderclap indoor.

Barb: I blame it on the sorcerer and beat feet before the lord shows up.

Since that day, every time my group finds a wicker basket almost always has shit inside of it.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (40 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
40 KB, 480x360
>>43461422

If they're truly impressed, they arm themselves with clubs and bricks and pledge themselves to the Bard's service. Gain +1 mob of level-0 commoners.

Interesting fact; this is almost literally how The People's Crusade in 1095 started.
>>
>>43461639
I now want to run a "Hangover" style adventure.
>>
>>43463653
I'd play the shit out of that.
>>
>letting a player cut you off repeatedly
>being a meek beta about it

God damnit grow a spine.
>>
>>43463653
Where is my mount, dude?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.