[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With the advent of the calth box, it's a deal too good to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
With the advent of the calth box, it's a deal too good to pass up. My problem is that I would like to have a chapter 40k for an ongoing storyline. How far fetched would it be for a chapter to have a large portion, if not half of their armoury be made up of mkIV armour? Red Scorpions need not apply, I like camo cloaks for scouts.

Would it be stretching it to have a chapter, whether canon chapter or diy, with lots of mkIV? What chapters outside the Red Scorpions would this suit?
>>
Minotaurs.
>>
>>43458738

Why don't you just make one up?
>>
>>43458738

Minotaurs also have large amounts of Mk IV.

Any of the major first founding chapters, as well as most second founding chapters like Black Templars, Novamarines, etc will have vast armories and strong ties to the original legions.

The good thing about legion Mk IV is that it is covered with various random mismatched parts and armor bonding studs, to represent the fact that this wasn't a legion of 10,000 identical soldiers. They had various damage, replacements, modifications, and repairs made to their suits over the coarse of the Crusade.

So while it may be slightly eyebrow raising to see an army of pure Mk IV in 40K, at the very least, it's not pristine Mk IV and has various studs on them. You can create battle damage too to make it realistic.

Mk IV is not a lost technology, it is simply limited to a very few select Forge Worlds. If your chapter has a strong tie to one of these FWs, or happens upon a large cache of Mk IV, it wouldn't be unreasonable to say you had a large amount of marines in it. Your army doesn't represent the whole chapter. Maybe you are playing a group from the esteemed X/Y/Z Company who happened to have most of the suits.
>>
>>43458803
This is what I was considering

>>43458805
This was a really great response and gave me a lot to think about in terms of the why and how, fluffing a reason for them to have it would 'legitimize' it, if only in my own eyes
>>
>>43458738
The Consecrators Chapter of the Dark Angels has a shitload of relic equipment ranging from loads of old armor models and old version of bolters and relic gear.

They literally are "Relic Gear the Chapter".
>>
Just have a heresy-era loyalist force get stuck I. The warp and pop out uncorrupted 10.000 years later. They organize themselves into a new chapter as per codex astartes regulations
>>
>>43459065
genuinely tempting, but I would go one step sidweways. Have them come out say, 38k, then by the 41st they're more or less a true modern chapter...albeit with a lot more heresy tech.
>>
Trapped in the warp homebrews are lame and stupid copouts trying to shoehorn in a shaky idea.

If your idea was really solid it wouldn't require Warp shenanigans. That's female space marine tier stuff. Not to mention all the "30k to 40k trapped in the warp" crap people spam online, when actual canon examples of warp time jumps never go as far back as 30k.
>>
I think now that GW have bought out betrayal at Calth, we're going to see a lot more art and mention of Space Marines wearing MK IV in 40k

There were roughly a million space marines in great crusade who stayed loyal.

There are currently about a million space marines in the 40k imperium.

With how well they treat their armour, I doubt it's going to be THAT rare to see heresy-armour marks.
>>
>>43458738
While many good canon suggestion have been made in the thread, a homebrew chapter with a lot of older Mks of armour or just a lot of Mk 4 is perfectly plausible. It's not one of those wince-worthy stereotypes like female marines or marines-who-are-like-super-reasonable-you-guys. It's simply a fun, interesting quirk. Go nuts.
>>
>>43458738
They found then in some lost moon, the ship got lost in warp in M31 and crashed into it. They belonged to some loyalist chapter (to avoid extra flakeness) but said: found it, keep it.
>>
>>43458738
Even though it's obvious the author doesn't know shit about guns, I like his bolter proportions.
>>
>>43458738
Do the chapter you want, dude.
Who cares if it is not fluffy.
>>
>>43458738
Just treat the armours as truly old and a bit ruined relics of the past (ornaments, damage and generally less bright tones recommended) and you should be fine however you go
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.