[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your all time favorite Magic block? pic related, Ravnigga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
What's your all time favorite Magic block?

pic related, Ravnigga
>>
File: Gelectrode.jpg (37 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Gelectrode.jpg
37 KB, 223x310
>>46536928
Ditto.

I'm biased because it was my first block, but that dual-color focus is something special. Even though each setting has something unique to it, Ravnica does an excellent job of demonstrating color interactions; in my opinion it does this much better than Alara (though it is understandably not as easy to line up three colors flavor-wise).

Playing in that block taught me what kinds of colors that I like and what kind of gameplay that I like. Pic related is one of my favorite cards ever, and it taught me how to play combos. Izzet's blue style of planning with red's spontaneity was a kind of duality that appealed to the thinker that I am without being as slow as the mono-blue deck that I'd been playing in the prior Core set.
>>
The only GOOD thing ravnica did was dredge, a tool manufactured for the great kike genocide.
>>
File: 125714_1[1].jpg (39 KB, 226x311) Image search: [Google]
125714_1[1].jpg
39 KB, 226x311
Shards of Alara was my favorite for a long time, though Khans block might rival it. As you can probably tell I'm a sucker for tricolor decks
>>
>>46527875
Time Spiral or Tempest. Best blocks ever.
>>
>>46536928

Alara or Kamigawa
>>
File: Urzas-saga-expansion-symbol.png (4 KB, 150x87) Image search: [Google]
Urzas-saga-expansion-symbol.png
4 KB, 150x87
Urza block.
>>
File: Bitterblossom.jpg (285 KB, 1340x1007) Image search: [Google]
Bitterblossom.jpg
285 KB, 1340x1007
Lorwyn.
>>
>>46536928
alpha beta unlimited. best drafts. lrn2money

actually, probably either khans or innistrad. SOI is looking to be a fun limited set too, and that's mainly what i play
>>
probably inistrad or return to ravnica
>>
Honestly, I'd be lying if I didn't say Shadows over Innistrad. I started playing during Return To Ravnica / Theros rotation, and as fun as I thought that those two blocks were, during SoI pre-release I can pretty happily say I've had the most fun in standard since I started playing. I've got VERY high hopes for the rest of the set, and for Eldritch Moon after that.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.