[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dog Days Quest Episode 99
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 20
File: DOG.DAYS.OP.2._2jpg.jpg (1 MB, 1120x1468) Image search: [Google]
DOG.DAYS.OP.2._2jpg.jpg
1 MB, 1120x1468
"They're going to Charlotte's dinner party to kidnap you, who isn't there. Because they think you're my summoner, which you aren't."
"Oh, I see." Tuile feigns interest as she finishes off your glass. "Welp, the day is saved then. Want to come sleep at the castle tonight?"

There's a part of you that wants to say yes to that, and then leave the rest to god.

You are Jack Albator, charming ruffian, taster of fine ale, and resident spymaster. You find yourself at Biscotti's bar today to do the thing that you're best known for.
Drinking!

Oh, and spying on a nefarious conversation, you guess.

Mostly drinking!

The small table in the side of the room bristles with conversation regarding their plans, schemes, and heists. All of which involve an elaborate plan to kidnap Princess Tuile in an attempt to de-power you.
Except, Tuile is sitting right in front of you with a cloak over her pointed ears. The place they're thinking of going is the kind of dinner party in which Tuile would never be caught attending. Stuck-up nobility isn't her thing, you see.

So instead, you're not entirely sure what their plan is going to be. Or if they're even worth destroying this fine bar over. The way you see it, they're going to walk out toward the dinner party; get caught by the guard, and then spend the next few months behind bars.

"What's this about Charlotte's dinner party?" Louise pipes up, "I didn't know she was having one. Why didn't she invite me?"
She asks this, while keeping a giant axe on standby just inside the table's quarters where it can't be spotted. She drags that slab of steel everywhere.

>Cont.
>>
File: Tuile_Hood.1451119.jpg (312 KB, 2000x1406) Image search: [Google]
Tuile_Hood.1451119.jpg
312 KB, 2000x1406
You are fully aware that it's poor form to underestimate your opponent. At the same time, you're not in much confidence that this is the rear-guard which has been tasked with retrieving their captured royalty.
At least, if they are; then it's something to rejoice about. They must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

"Jack, shouldn't you do something?" Yuuki is staring at me with that pleading look she's so good at. You can tell the alcohol hasn't quite worn off.
"Like what? Fools gonna raid the wrong party, realize she's not thar, and then they'll get kicked around by the guards and we question them in the mornin'."

Really, knowing that this is the best they have is a little relieving.

"Are you sure? This seems a little... easy." Yuuki keeps those eyes on you. "Almost like, we were meant to find these guys. Y'know, like bait or something."

>Har! That's good joke Lass, drink up.
>Ye know what, Drunk Yuuki; ye may have a point.
>Aye think it's about showtime. Let's rough 'em up and see what else they have planned.
>Ye guys stay here 'n watch em. I'm gonna go see if thar's anythin' else afoot.
>Someone else go, aye'll stay here with Tuile. The general idea may be the same, even if there are multiple groups.
>Other?
>>
Pastebin:http://pastebin.com/jCGAA6J2
Archive:http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=dog%20days%20quest
Twitter:https://twitter.com/Announcer_QM
>>
>>46487439
Sure let's entertain all possibilities.

Follow them if they leave, but watch your backs.
>>
>>46487439
>>
>>46487439
>Har! That's good joke Lass, drink up.
>Aye think it's about showtime. Let's rough 'em up and see what else they have planned.
>>
>>46487439
>>Ye know what, Drunk Yuuki; ye may have a point.
>Someone else go, aye'll stay here with Tuile. The general idea may be the same, even if there are multiple groups.
>>
>>46487439
>Ask Yuuki for embarrassing childhood stories.
>>
>>46487872
Doing this before she can sober up is imperative.
>>
>In the meantime, embarrassin' childhood stories from ye, I want to hear all of em when I get back

Sounds good!
Writing!
>>
I don't know if I'll feel relieved or disappointed if these guys turn out to be really as incompetent as they seem.
>>
File: Yuuki_Little_Tipsy.jpg (250 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
Yuuki_Little_Tipsy.jpg
250 KB, 900x1200
"Y'know what, Drunk Yuuki. Ye may have a point."

You drink the rest of the last remaining beer. "These guys don't seem like the really competent people. Especially the last hope the royalty would entrust to save their hides. Aye think somethin' is up here."

You think aboutit in your head some.
What if the target wasn't Tuile at all, but instead Charlotte?

What would they gain by capturing Charlotte?
Well, for one, Louise would do anything she was told if she thought for even a second that Charlotte is in trouble.

You glance over at the little ball of sunshine. She's busy tasting the wine she ordered, occasionally kicking the gigantic slab of steel beneath her chair.

Whether you want to admit it or not, her not being on your side for even a few minutes could spell a lot of trouble.

"Stay 'ere and watch 'em. Aye'm gonna go see if thar is anythin' else afoot."
You know where this place is, if you step out for a few second to speed across town; they wouldn't even notice that you were gone.

"Just watch them?"
"Yeah! What are we going to do?" Yuuki seems to have trouble even keeping her head up.

Oh, you know what they're gonna do alright.

"In the meantime, Yuuki, yell em some of yer embarrassin' childhood stories. Ye'll ferget ye even told us in the mornin'."

Yuuki takes another drink from her almost empty cup.
"Okay! Well, this one time my sisters and I found our Dad's clothing-"

You let that line of thought trail off as you casually excuse yourself out the back door.

>Cont.
>>
File: Some_kid_hood.jpg (381 KB, 910x700) Image search: [Google]
Some_kid_hood.jpg
381 KB, 910x700
With a few hops; you're standing outside of the banquet hall Charlotte is supposidly at in no-time.

Lots of Gallete royalty is standing outside. No one suspicious enough to warrant any second-guessing. All the workers appear to be Biscotti in nature.

It's hard to tell if all is well here at just a glance. You don't know if-
!
WHAP!

You grab someone's hand that was trying to rummage through your pockets!
Your hand lifts the entire body of something up, you spin it toward you to notice that it's just a young kid. Hood firmly placed over his cat-ears.

"Eek!" He squeaks. "W-What are you looking at?!"
"That isn't yers."

"I'm sorry, I- I wasn't going to take much! I'm sorry! Please don't turn me in! I thought you were one of the rich folk!"

>Actually, aye got a job for ye.
>Get lost, don't let me see yer face around here again.
>Turn him into the guards.
>Other?
>>
>>46489459
Make a good show of getting a good luck at his face so we know to tip the guards off if needed. We're gonna make an honest man out of him, whether he likes it or not.
>>
>>46489459
great, great...
>>
>>46489511
Jack would have to be an honest man, first.
>>
>>46489576
Well he's not a *thief*. Probably. Certainly not a petty thief.
>>
>>46489459
>>
>Actually, aye got a job for ye

Sorry for the speed
Writing!
>>
Give him some money for the job and promise him more when he's done.
>>
File: some_kid_hood2.jpg (626 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
some_kid_hood2.jpg
626 KB, 1024x768
"Actually." You look the young boy over. He can't be any older than nine or ten. "Aye got a job for ye."

"A... job?"

"Yar." You reach into your pocket with your free hand and take out a small silver piece. "Ye want to earn this? Why dun ye work for it?"
He sniffles, "Uh huh."

He seems terrified of what you're going to say next.
"No, not like that!" You try to scrub the image from your mind. "Aye mean help me with this little mission aye have goin' on. Yer pretty sneaky, didn' even see ye come up on me. Get me inside that buildin'."

He blinks.
"Oh. I was in there earlier, but no one had anything good."

"Great! Get me in, and ye got the silver."

You set him down; he walks behind the side of another building completely on the opposite side of the street.

Behind it, there's a large grate, one with a huge lock on it.
"This is for their cooking fumes." He sniffles again, "They put it over here so the rich folk can't smell it."

You are just about to rip the lock off when the kid hops out in front.
He takes two pins from his hair and slowly ratchets them inside the lock. With a scraping noise, the entire assembly clicks open!

He pulls the lock off and steps inside. You follow closely behind him.

The smell of warm oil permeates the hallway. It's so thick that it seems to cling to the walls, and to your clothes.

Damn its dark, you go to light a match when the kid grabs your hand.
"D-don't do that." He begs, "The grease is thick, so you might start a fire."

That's a good head on you, Lad. You put the matches away and instead continue into the abyss.

The passage continues for a couple dozen feet before ending at a grating. You can see below the grating that there are cooks in the basement of that big banquet hall, busily at work.

>Stay here and observe for a few minutes.
>You've seen enough. Back to the bar.
>See if there's a way to get into the place proper.
>Huh, kid, you're pretty good. Come along with me.
>Okay kid, you can run along now.
>Other?
>>
>>46491071
i'm probably too curious for my own good
>>
>>46491071
>Okay kid, you can run along now.
Set up a time to meet up with him later (probably at the bar). He's going to be our little personal sneak.
>>
>Set up a time to meet with hi mlater

Sounds good, writing.

Not much participation tonight. I did start a little too late. I may run this until tomorrow just to see if more decide to join us in the morning.
>>
File: United.Kingdom.full.1716805.jpg (115 KB, 900x723) Image search: [Google]
United.Kingdom.full.1716805.jpg
115 KB, 900x723
You decide that you came all this way, you may as well start observing the workings behind the scenes of the staff.
You're curious about this.
Maybe even too curious for your own good.

So, you wait. You tell the kid to get down, and you both watch through the grate at the cooks as they mill about.

Nothing really out of the ordinary. Just the sight of several really-bored people going about their business. Occasionally a maid or a butler comes in to yell at them, and they scramble to meet whatever insane order one of the nobles just asked for.

Like wheat-free bread, what the hell is that supposed to mean? Do these fuzzbrains even know what bread is made of?

Or how about this one, peel this orange for me. Yes, I'm sure the cooks, who are busy trying not to burn their five-course meals, really care about peeling this orange for your bratty little daughter.

How about that butler? He just walked in, waved his hands at one of them, then stretched it into an L-shape and flicked it at them.
The cooks look at him like he's dense for even assuming that they know what that means-
Woh, Except that guy.

He immediately puts down his cutting knife, and walks to the back. He throws his chef's hat off and continues into the storage room.

Then he doesn't come back.
The other chefs look at one another with confusion as that butler steps back out. They shrug and continue about their nightly routine.

"Huh." You say to yourself.
"These guys didn't have anything on them." The boy says, in silence. "I thought they would have some silver or something from tips, but they were empty. One guy had seasoning he was keeping in his pockets."

Seasoning?
"Which guy was that?"
"The guy who threw his hat off. It was purple, in a small tube."

That doesn't sound like any seasoning you've heard of.

>Cont.
>>
File: Some_Kid_Heart.png (200 KB, 460x600) Image search: [Google]
Some_Kid_Heart.png
200 KB, 460x600
"'Ey, is there a way into the place proper?"

The boy nods, and then guides you through the darkness. He comes to a doorway, with a lock on the outside. He uses the same trick again to make the lock spring open.

"Yer pretty good." You nudge him, handing him a silver. "Tell ye what. If ye meet up with me later, aye can get ye lots of silver."
His eyes light up, "Really?!"
"Aye, meet me at the bar in twenty minutes. Aye'll find ye. Git outta here, cause this might get messy."

He seems both worried, but filled with joy! With a skip, he disappears into the shadows.

Now, you're gonna find out what was with that chef.

>Break in and start ruffling ears
>Casually go in like you were invited to the party.
>Peek through the keyhole. See where that chef went off to.
>Maybe this was a bad idea.
>Other?
>>
>>46492181
>>Break in and start ruffling ears
>>
>>46492181
This actually has a decent chance to work, depending on how fancy our clothes are.

If you look like you should be there, then people will assume that you are indeed supposed to be there and let you go about your business.
>>
>>46492181
Breaking stuff will come soon.
>>
>Casually go in like you were invited to the party

Good call! writing!

Also, since we don't have much participation. I am going to request that we keep this thread up overnight. We are finishing this arc this thread. This has gone on too long.

In the morning, we may get more participation and therefore things might go quicker. Do we have anyone who is willing to try and keep it bumped overnight so I can have a look at it when I get some time tomorrow at work? I would appreciate it.
If not, Ill think of something. Maybe running a 99.9 thread on Friday.

Either ways. Writing!
>>
>>46492789
I'll try to be up. But there's no shame in ending on 100
>>
>>46492914
You know what, you might be right, it might be better that way.

I STILL have no clue what to do for thread 100.

I considered an April Fools thread but, then power outages
>>
>>46492972
damn was late an busy
>>
she asked you to sleep in the castle ffs, thats an oportunity if i ever heard one

TAKE IT!
>>
File: felice_smug.jpg (463 KB, 1000x784) Image search: [Google]
felice_smug.jpg
463 KB, 1000x784
You COULD bust in and start ruffling tails and ears until you get an answer.
Instead, you're going to do this the classy way.

You burst through the door, feigning ignorance.
"'Ey!" You shout to one of the chefs, "This ain't the bathroom!"

"Huh?"
"What?"

"Haha!" You slap one on the shoulder, "Keep up the good word, champ. The food is great tonight!"

"Uhh, yeah. Thanks."
"Right, anytime."

You give them a big grin before proceeding into the main hall.

Except that one who took his hat off. He continues to stand in the doorway to the other room, glaring daggers at you.

Yep, you make lots of friends.

Now, you're not the best-dressed guy. You'll admit that one for yourself. Yet, you do manage to maintain a certain air of classiness about you. Maybe you don't have the fancy tuxedos or suits that the nobles are dressed in, but you still have your barrier coat. Of which looks mighty stylish despite being a little gawdy in nature.

Either ways, you get only a few passing glances. No one even questions if you belong there or not once you renew your fresh new barrier jacket.

You take a glass of alcohol from one of the tables, and blend into the crowd.
Err, still getting some strange stares. Well! You try to blend in and mingle as best as you can.

"Excuse me?"
You turn around to notice a familiar face.

"Aye, Felice."

It's Gallete's most energetic green knight, Felice. She's garbed in very ornate knight armor, probably a decorative set.
You're going to guess she borrowed this from your armory.

"It is you! What are you doing here? Is something wrong?" Felice seems concerned.

"Just, lookin'. Makin' sure everyone stays out of trouble." You try not to worry her.

"Well, in any case. Welcome to the party." Felice taps her glass of alcohol, of which you're sure she shouldn't have, to yours. "After the party, want to head back to the castle? I got a spare room from Fritelli."

What is it with girls hitting on you today?

>Thread Pause
>>
File: 1413523458098.gif (2 MB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
1413523458098.gif
2 MB, 400x250
Okay, as usual, thread pause until I can get back to it. If it doesn't work out, then I'll see you next time.

I was thinking about it, and ending this arc on 100 seems about right. After this is the final arc so it would be sort-of fitting.

Thanks to everyone for the thread, I am going to pause here and hopefully pickup tomorrow when I can. Take care.
>>
>>46494261
G'night, see you in the morning.
>>
bump for fluffy tails
>>
Crap, I feel bad for not having popped up. I kind of crashed and burned last night.
>>
>>46494237
Thank goodness Felice is here. Jack has spent the entirety of maybe three minutes at this party without causing shock and outrage among nobles present.
>>
>>46499563
How long until you think he does?
>>
>>46500124
Well, if he wasn't here for some mildly important reason, I'd say before the end of his conversation with Felice. As things are, causing public outrage might spook the guy in the kitchen and any accomplices he has.

Then again, Jack doesn't have great impulse control around fluffy bits. Or in general.
>>
>>46500406
Spooking the dude is all part of the plan! ...Now
>>
>>46500509
Yes, that's how our plans usually go.

On the other way, there's no way the enemy will ever figure out our next step. Despite our next step has a 50% chance of being "drink more."
>>
>>46500643
That's only on our down time!
>>
>>46500659
Then by that definition any time when someone is not actively trying to maul Jack is down time?
>>
>>46500696
Pretty much
>>
File: touch fluffy tail.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
touch fluffy tail.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
Always touch the fluffy tail.
>>
File: 1423332316638.webm (319 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1423332316638.webm
319 KB, 640x360
>>46501738
>tail touching in the middle of a royal party
>>
>>46502412
The question isn't who will let him, but who will stop him?
>>
>>46502540
Some brave (foolish) soul will try
>>
>>46503080
While I have no quarel about touching Felice's tail, seeing how much she liked it prevously, I'd hate to embarass her in the middle of the party if Jack ends up making her make a lewd face or moan/purr.

That's for the bedroom
>>
Hope Announcer is ok...
>>
>>46503558
Really, I wouldn't be surprised if we have a reputation among the nobility for touching tails.
>>
>>46503631
I'd be disappointed if we didn't.
>>
File: 1338445039219.gif (441 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1338445039219.gif
441 KB, 480x270
>>46503558
If these fluffy varmints didn't want to be touched they shouldn't have such pettable bits.
>>
I am home and I am writing

>Molesting Felice during a fancy dinner party
That would be funny, and she may even like it some; but not even Jack lacks that much tact.
>>
>>46505523
>may even like it some
What a lewd cat.
>>
where is ice lass is my question
>>
So are we going after that bastard chef who isn't really a chef?
>>
>>46505983
yep or make him expose him self
>>
So how long're you thinking of running it now, announcer?
>>
>>46506018
Why bother with that?
We're a hero, our word should be sufficient.
>>
>>46506131
Until I fall asleep later. I am beat.

Next post almost up.
>>
>>46506147
>We're a trouble making, drunkard hero.

Fixed.
>>
>>46506478
Point is, who's going to go to bat for the not-chef in the face of our accusation?
>>
File: Felice.467085.jpg (443 KB, 1344x1680) Image search: [Google]
Felice.467085.jpg
443 KB, 1344x1680
"Lass, Aye-"

Your hand wants to go a million different places at once. What is the appropriate response to a girl asking to sleep with you during a dinner party?

Oh, right, you know.
Headpats.

Your hand gently extends outward and grasps her fuzzy, green tuftlings.
"-will hafta get back to ye on that. Right now, aye'm on an important mission."

"I imagine so." She leans into the headpat, but you take it away before anyone can notice. "I wouldn't expect you to ever be somewhere with a bunch of limp fops parading their money around."

She looks down at her gaudy attire, "Then again, neither would I. If Charlotte wasn't here, I would jump ship in an instant."

You can relate.
"See anythin' suspicious, so far?"
"If I did, they would already be thrown out." Felice drinks from her glass. "Besides, so many guards here, they would have to be insane to think about it here."

You would think that, but they were already insane enough to attack a castle which was armed to the teeth and full of heroes.

Desperation is not out of the question just yet.

"Aye, listen. Aye'm lookin' for a butler, he-"

You try to think of the right words to describe him.

"-He's a catguy, wearing a tux, about five-eleven, old-"
"You just described half of the butlers here."

"Aye, so let's try somethin' else. There's an odd cook in the back. Wanna go have a look at 'em?"

"Sure. Let's go."

>Cont.
>>
File: Chefs.jpg (678 KB, 900x661) Image search: [Google]
Chefs.jpg
678 KB, 900x661
You both push past the greasy slimeballs and their snooty servants back on the way to the kitchen.
The chefs are still rather shaken up by the first time you barged in. They seem to jump at your presence.
Except the one guy, who isn't here.
"Alright, cooks." You get the serious-face out. "That one guy, who was with ye. Whard he go and what was his name?"

They look back and forth at one another, confusion in their eyes.
"I don't know."
"Was he from the hotel? I didn't get his name."

You look at several half-completed portions laid out on the table. Including one vat of soup that wasn't there before.
"What did he touch?"

"Well, everything; really."

>Argh, now we have a problem
>This food ain't leavin' this room until we find him.
>This is a waste of time, pursue him through the back room
>Felice, watch these fools, I gotta chase someone
>Time to ruffle some ears!
>Other?
>>
>>46507124
>This is a waste of time, pursue him through the back room
>The vat of soup
>>
>>46507124
>>
>>46507124
>>Argh, now we have a problem
>>This food ain't leavin' this room until we find him.
>>
>>46507124
maybe bring in someone who knows about poisons and alchemy...
>>
>>46507124

In retrospect we should have grabbed him at first sight and beat the suspicious butler into a fluffball with the guy.
>>
>>46507207
now who do we know with that kind of knowledge
>>
>Felice, watch these fools, I gotta chase someone.

Writing!
>>
So I think we've been doing pretty good in screwing over the enemy plot?
>>
File: catwarriors.jpg (56 KB, 632x301) Image search: [Google]
catwarriors.jpg
56 KB, 632x301
"Argh." You grumble, clutching your forehead. "Now we have a problem."

You should have just bust out and smashed those two when they started making shadow-puppets at one another.

One of the chefs seems confused, but worried at your outburst. You regard him with contempt.
"Whar did this pot of soup come from?"

They look back and forth, one between the other.
"I think it was filler for our potatoes. I didn't make it."
"Neither did I."
"I think the new guy brought it in."

With a swift motion, you grab one of the handles and dump the whole thing on the floor. It slides down one of the drains with a viscous ooze.

"Hey!"
"What?!"

"Castle's orders." You exert your royally granted authority, "No food leaves this 'ere room until we find that guy. Felice, watch 'em."

"Where are you going?" She seems just as confused as they are.
"To fluff this punk." You hop into the back-room, and quickly search for any way he might have escaped.

While an exit is not immediately visible, there is a small street-level window which exists at the top of the store-room. Quickly, you hoist yourself into it.

Outside, a guard jumps in surprise as you crawl out of the miniature, squat window.

"What are you doing?!" The guard yells, sword at the ready.
"Shuddap." You easily grab the sword out of his hand. "Aye'm chasin' a guy, he poisoned food, did ye see someone crawl outta this window?"

"No, I was over here because someone else told me a guy was climbing out of this window. It's not you?"
You swear, "Which way did ye say he went?"

"I don't know."

You swear again, under your breath.
"Whar's Princess Charlotte right now."
"She's about to make her grand appearance."

>No time to chase this loser.
>Get back inside
>Search around here, maybe you'll have some luck.
>Ask around, with 'persistence' if necessary.
>Other?
>>
>>46507821
>>Get back inside
>>Search around here, maybe you'll have some luck.
>>
>>46507821
>Get back inside
>>
>>46507821
>Get back inside

Fucking cats, I swear this butler is going to fucking get it.
>>
>>46507821
Do we have anyone else we can call on to check on the princess?
If not, we should go there.
>>
WHY do we not have any magic to make detective work easier?
Or at least for tracking down assholes?
>>
>Get back inside

writing!
>>
>>46508647
Hope it works out...
>>
>>46508834
I hope the quest doesn't end on 100.
>>
>>46509316
Oh man, we have had 99 threads... that's pretty impressive.
>>
>>46509428
Though quite a few didn't reach 100 posts.
>>
>>46509587
Yeah, that's a shame...
We seem to have been slowing down recently, even if this whole overnight thing seems to help us do better.
>>
>>46509316
It's not going to end on 100

Remember: My other quest was in its 'final arc' for almost half a year.
>>
>>46509739
Well, that is a relief.
>>
File: Charlotte.jpg (261 KB, 1000x650) Image search: [Google]
Charlotte.jpg
261 KB, 1000x650
Fucking-

You can't believe it.

You wish Aligot was here, he could probably cook up some kind of magic to track someone down.
But, he's not here. It's just you, and this dumbstruck guard.

Damn.

"Ye stay here." You grab the guard by his neck and drop him in front of the window. "If anyone tries using this to get back in, scream or somethin'. Just make sure that I'm the first one ye call, kay?"

"Uhh." He clearly sees he's outmatched in this battle of wits versus you, "Okay!"

What to do, now?

Well, Charlotte is about to enter the banquet hall. You suppose the smart thing is to stay near her and make sure that no one tries anything to disrupt her entrance.

You push your way back inside and make your way to the back room, with the cooks.

Felice and the chefs are chatting, when you get there. She seems to be trying to get any information as to who the mystery guy was or what he was doing with the food.

"Aye, bad news. Couldn't find him. So I guess yer food here ain't gettin' served."
"What?!"
"But we worked all night on this! We can't give it up now!"

"Find some way to work it out." You demand. "Aye'm not havin' any food that guy touched be served to Charlotte. It's clearly been tampered with. Let's go Felice."

She follows you, and you leave the chefs staring at your exit. Their mouths continue to be agape long after you shut the door behind you.

There's a loud applause at the front of the room. Ushered in by several dozen maids, is Charlotte. She's in a white dress that matches her hair, perfectly.

>Keep an eye out, stay incognito.
>Stay close to Charlotte.
>Find that butler.
>Split up with Felice, do a sweep of the room
>Other?
>>
>>46510174
>Grope tails along the way
>if asked, our hands just did it on their own
>Totally
>>
>>46510174
>>Keep an eye out, stay incognito.
>>Split up with Felice, do a sweep of the room
>>
>>46510174
>>
>>46510174
>>Split up with Felice, do a sweep of the room
>>Grope tails along the way
>>if asked, our hands just did it on their own
>>Totally
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 500x534) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 500x534
>>46510174
>Stay close to Charlotte
>>

I expected nothing less
Writing!
>>
>>46510452
What do you take us for? A person who DOESN'T grope tails?
>>
>>46510452
I feel these two shouldn't logically work together.
>>
>>46510513
Yeah Jack's consistent if nothing else.
>>
Yes, I'm still here.

Writing continues!
>>
>>46511602
It's okay, I run a quest too and sometimes I take like an hour or more to write up a post.
>>
File: United.Kingdom.full.1723237.jpg (354 KB, 600x847) Image search: [Google]
United.Kingdom.full.1723237.jpg
354 KB, 600x847
You would run right up to Charlotte and expose this entire plan that someone has set up.

You're not here to save Charlotte though, oh no. You're here to capture the scumbag that has been acting as a mole in your castle.
Sorry Charlotte, you'll just have to act as bait for just a little while longer.

You nudge Felice, and whisper into her cute green ear.
"'Ey, Imma search the left side of the room, you get the right. Keep an eye on the butlers."

She nods and heads off. You continue your scan of the servants. As far as you're concerned, any of them could be cat-ninjas.

There's that one guy in a dress, ugh. You think it's some kind of ceremonial thing, but he's still wearing a dress.
Or, how about that one with the shifty looking eyes.

No, you can't just go knocking people's blocks off, as easy and fun as it would be.

You have to have some kind of methodology here.

And-

Something catches your eye.

It's a glass pitcher, full of wine.
You see a butler, starting to pour a glass from it.

Charlotte, who is still standing at the front of the room, is talking with numerous

>I am not paranoid
>I AM paranoid.
>Force that butler to drink that wine.
>Watch and see if he tries to hand it to Charlotte, then stop him.
>Ignore him and keep searching.
>Other?
>>
Rolled 53, 92 = 145 (2d100)

>>
Folks because last one took so long, next post may be last of the night and of this thread. Sorry about that.
>>
>>46512948
>>I am not paranoid
>>I AM paranoid.
>Watch and see if he tries to hand it to Charlotte, then stop him.
>>
>>46512948
that's our safest bet
>>
>>46512948
>I AM paranoid.
>>
>>46512948
>>I AM paranoid.
>>Watch and see if he tries to hand it to Charlotte, then stop him.

>>46512971
this for our side or theirs
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

That's a split that I can't argue with.

>1. Force Butler to drink
>2. Watch to see if he hands it to Charlotte.

Writing last post of the night!
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>
>>46513533
You coulda had the waiting, then make him drink it.
>>
File: Charlotte_Longhair.jpg (316 KB, 900x731) Image search: [Google]
Charlotte_Longhair.jpg
316 KB, 900x731
You're paranoid.
You ARE paranoid.

Especially over wine.
The last few weeks have given you a bad taste for wine. You almost cringed when Louise ordered it in the bar.

So you're going to go right over there, and shove that wine glass-
Wait, you're acting harshly again.

Eyes on the prize, get the last few clever people within their ranks; and the problem will solve itself. It's the job of Charlotte's bodyguards to protect Charlotte.

You just got to see if he hands it to her.

He's taking the wine out of the pitcher, he's holding it toward Charlotte.

Your hand instinctively grips the handle of your six-shooter.

"Here's a toast, to the greatest princess in the world. Who has guided our kingdom from the depths of darkness!"

There's a roar as the room cheers the white-haired lass. Everyone takes a drink.
Including the butler, who drinks the entire glass he just poured for himself.

You are paranoid, but you also made a very good call not throwing that guy through the window. You need to be more-

"EEK!"
WHAM!

A figure gets thrown across the table on the other side of the room!

One of the butlers, draws a knife!
"Hold it." You press your six-shooter into his back.

On the other side of the room, Felice just threw a guy over a table.

"W-, Felice?" Charlotte asks, clearly puzzled.
"HE JUST REACHED A HAND UP MY SKIRT!" Felice yells, sword drawn; red blush on face.

The guy she just threw over the table has the same emblem on his suit as the butler you're holding at gunpoint.

Damn it, why is everything so difficult?

>Thread End
>>
File: 1410554422981.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1410554422981.gif
1 MB, 480x270
Thanks for the thread everyone. Sorry we didn't get further but these last few days have been tough.

I probably should have rescheduled for Friday just so we had more time.

Anyway, thanks for playing everyone. Please let me know what you thought and I'll see you for the 100th thread!
>>
>>46514556
thanks for running

also this guy is gonna be hurt only we are allowed to touch their fluffy tails
>>
>>46514556
thanks for running!

so... success?
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.