[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What system best captures the overall "parkour, stealth,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
What system best captures the overall "parkour, stealth, assassinations, and literally magical perception powers" feel of Assassin's Creed?

Capturing the awful combat is unnecessary.
>>
>Capturing the awful combat is unnecessary

Stopped after revelations, did anything change regarding that?

Rollplaying-wise I think you could do that with any system? All that stuff is usually in the game already, you just have to give context to the checks. The only exception could be the perception power, which at the table would basically be the GM straight up saying "THAT ONE is your target in the crowd, THAT lever is the one you need to pull to open the door" and stuff like that (and I'd personally remove it, do it the old way and have assassins/templars investigate on their own like they're supposed to.
>>
>>46497143
Perhaps Auras about groups of people that indicate affiliations rather than "this is your target". Then it'd be "You stand and observe the teeming crowd below. There's a commotion as a group of guards push through the masses, their footsteps burn with a red hue and you know they are in the employ of your target".

But as you said, any system could feasibly do it. It's just a matter of giving context to the skills. Fluff some little talents/feats/merits/whatever you call it that let you move a little further when free-running than guards and civilians and you're golden.
>>
>>46497064
You could probably replicate the parkour by REMOVING the climbing mechanics in most systems, since in the game it's fairly effortless. Describe a 3d map and let your players freely fling themselves around.
>>
>>46497064

If you want technical stuff: GURPS. Someone once posted a rundown of some weird gun-fu fire right from a movie in GURPS form. It was like Kingsmen church scene only shorter and no weapon switching.

HOWEVER: I would strongly rec a feat based system, like WoD or Exalted. The players describe and fluff their stunts for you.

In short: use GURPS as a guideline but WoD as a skeleton
>>
>>46497064
Maybe Velocity?
>>
>>46497064

Blades in the Dark.
>>
>>46497377
>If you want arduous stuff: GURPS
>If you want tedious stuff: GURPS
>If you want a game worse than no game: GURPS
>>
>>46497862
Nice alternatives you listed there
>>
Who's the guy next to the black chick?
>>
Savage Worlds has a nice stealth system, it's essentially the MGS "unaware>suspicious>alerted" approach with dice.

Dunno how well it does with magical perception bullshit or parkour, it has actually good combat albeit it's best with a map grid.
>>
>>46497143
Someone who played til Rouge and my xbox killed itself, it became press x to block, then either counter, throw or disarm (i think?)
>>
>>46499171
Think it's the Indian dude. There's a 2.5d game with him and a Chinese girl.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.