[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your BBEGs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Sunny_5L.jpg (48 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Sunny_5L.jpg
48 KB, 600x400
Tell me about your campaign's BBEG, /tg/.

Are they an edgelord with no morals? Men and women just doing what they believe is right? Monsters who only want to see the world burn? How was the party introduced to them? Regale us.

Pic related, current party's BBEGs
>>
>>46488515
In this world, the most valuable resource is a mineral called tenebrium which is essentially magical uranium. However despite common belief, it does not occur naturally and only shows up in areas of great strife and violence. The BBEG is a wealth industrialist who wants to keep starting wars to grow more tenebrium. He hired the party at first to make them unknowingly contribute to escalating tensions between two nations.
>>
He's a crusty old shaman who's out for revenge. He got a vision one day from his spirit guide that foretold the apocalypse. He opted to spread the word to the people of the land, and was generally believed. A period of strife followed as the tribes panicked and fought each other to make sure they were most likely to pull through notRagnarok. When the world didn't explode, the shaman was tracked down, tortured, and exiled for his "false" visions.

Fast forward 20 years and he's back, having turned his back on his people's traditional pantheon and signed on with a vengeful, sealed god. He's currently reenacting an old apocalyptic prophesy as cover while he summons his new god into the world.
>>
>>46488515
>Pic related, current party's BBEGs
Elaborate
>>
>>46488515
There is already an "antagonist" thread up. Why insist on making a "BBEG" thread?
>>
>>46489349
Party started out as statues in evil cult basement, were unfrozen and broke out. Since then they've been systematically rooting out said cult from local governments. They're quickly approaching their first major city which is the seat of government, and one of the advisors is pic related. Still deciding who.

Charlie is a human wizard, specializing in Bird Law and necromancy.

Dennis is a Vampire narcissist (read: elf) seducing heads of state for mass sacrifices.

Mac is a cleric who thinks he's a fighter/monk. Works recruiting new cultists to the faith.

Dee is a harpy with levels in bard.

Frank is a half-elf half-troll who exceeds in raising funds through exacting his "troll toll."

Fifth edition and everyone's still rough, making abilities and magic weapons for all.

>>46489770
Sorry guy, didn't see that one.
>>
>>46488634
Divinity?
>>
>>46488515
They always seem to be better written than the players for some reason.
>>
>>46488515
Haven't run a game for a while, but last one was sort of an ensemble, with the players choosing which master to serve.

>swords and sorcery setting
>war torn country in rising up against foreign occupation
>Commander of occupied forces is a brute who is better at winning wars than holding territory, and is quickly losing grasp on the situation
>God king of the occupied kingdom rumored to have reincarnated; while not particularly malevolent, he is ruthless and cares only about throwing out the invaders and returning a rigid theocracy to power
>Mercenary captain playing both sides against the middle, and also mixed up with spooky magic
>>
>>46491187
Have any guys successfully seduced the cleric yet?
>>
>>46491944
There's a Don't Ask, Don't Tell agreement
>>
Our BBEG is practically a god but now a human after several sessions of baiting and luring this perverted bastard and now he pull this morality quotes that in the obvious start he only wanted to create a new world where 95% female and the rest are male and then watch like some kind of 3rd rate anime harem show

so yeah we get baited by GM magical realm
>>
>>46491238
Dunno, I didn't make the setting, I took over DM duties from a friend when he had to work overseas. Wouldn't surprise me if he aped it though, the more I look into things the more I tend to find that he stole things from other places.
>>
There is no BBEG. Shit started when a wizard in training stole his masters tome and read a spell he fucked up on unleashing an exponential butterfly effect starting with his fireball exploding in the tower burning the book, student, and master and causing the tower to topple over and down the hill where rubble promptly killed the mayor and his daughter. This naturally threw the town into a blood riot over rite of succession which lead to a bloody massacre waiting to be found where an idiot deemed it supernatural as there was no footprints leading into or out of the town to explain the bandits that obviously ransacked the town. All of this culminated into the rumor of Burnes our resident BBEG who doesn't exist and was simply one of the mayoral candidates names graffitied onto a tavern wall. Shits getting to the point where a volcano has fucked up a chain of islands that made a nation causing a tsunami to now be racing to the coast and all the cities therein.
>>
>>46488515
My recurring BBEG was a father of one of the characters. It was a kinda silly game, so every time they saw him he was doing some other scheme for power. He was a fey warlock werewolf the first time they saw him, and over the course of the adventure he turned to vamparism, infernal warlocking, tring to become a litch, and star-pact warlocking.
He essentially was a plot device where he would get in too deep into powers he couldn't handle, and the players would get him out, but he would get away before they had fully dealt with all the bad shit he just caused.
pretty much pic related
>>
still working on worldbuilding but my BBEG is a custom litch (avatar of Entropy) and his dragon servant, created by the atomic bombs that fell on hershima and nagasaki (spelling... i know). they are both walking radioactive catastrophes but the litch is currently bound by the plot moving OPNPC/ grand quest giver who accidentally created the litch in the fist place (one of his past lives was Oppenheimer). the dragon is still at large having recently fully recovered from an ass kicking he took roughly 1,000 years ago when his master was finally subdued and bound. he doesnt have a phylactery so he inst really a litch but thats just what he's become known as due to his apocalyptic power level and general appearance. he and his dragon whiped out nearly all life in the multiverse once before, including the previous dozen or so panthions of gods. his motives are pretty simple, where there is life and light bring darkness and death, still all that moves and hasten the heat death of the universe. kinda meh but its my first time writhing my own story from the ground up and i'll be the first to admit i'm stealing from just about anything that strikes my fancy from adventure time to Stargate SG-1, i care less about originality than i do telling an interesting and compelling story. that said i'd welcome any imput or recommendations especially on motivation.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.