[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which was the most annoying moment that you ever experienced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 9c3.gif (484 KB, 500x302) Image search: [Google]
9c3.gif
484 KB, 500x302
Which was the most annoying moment that you ever experienced to the point of pure rage or desperation while playing? Whatever you were playing, you understand.
>>
File: 1410564823437.png (121 KB, 458x712) Image search: [Google]
1410564823437.png
121 KB, 458x712
>>46468706
When the GM forced us into going on a Shadowrun for 5,000 Nuyen between us, that involved us breaking into an apartment with a physical ward (which the GM thought meant physical barrier), containing a cyberzombie (which the GM thought meant walking Corpse with Augmentations), and killing her and her 10 minions. If we refused, the guy who had previously been a fairly good (if stupid) employer would kill us.

Then they turned the tables on us with an additional 10 guys with assault rifles out of nowhere, and our target offered us money to kill our employer. Then when we went back to our employer, we walked past a shitload of unhackable (but WiFi enabled) turrets, to talk to him, whereafter one player pulled 20kg of plastique out of his coat (scrawny ass Strength 1 motherfucker) and surruptitiously stuck it under the table without him noticing.

Before our employer explaining that he's a Magical prodigy, who can create cyberzombies without training. Then when the Mage finally scrutinised him, he apparently had Magic 16 (greater than some Great Dragons). Then when we killed him, he created a stable Astral Rift.

And all of this from a GM who says he has "mastery of the system and lore, with over 5 years of gameplay experience".

I wish I was kidding.
>>
>>46468870
Typical over-confident and egocentric shit master. I have the displeasure of just having one available GM that doesn't prepare shit, throws whatever he wants and, the worst of all, brings his couple to play, giving her many benefits and shit like that. Don't have problem with her of course, she's quite decent.
>>
File: Hello darkness.jpg (28 KB, 600x327) Image search: [Google]
Hello darkness.jpg
28 KB, 600x327
>>46468706
GM blindsided us with an enemy vampire who was challenging our rule of the city. We had specifically asked about another vampire when we showed up, and had been told by NPCs in positions of authority there wasn't one, so we went about taking control of the city.

Then, in what I think was an effort by the GM to change the coarse of a game he was not enjoying, this vampire lord appears and suddenly has "always" been in charge of the city, and we've broken the rules by taking control away from him. Somehow, over nearly two years in this city, we never managed to run into him or hear of him.

This ended with a massive sit down with vampire elders, and we were ordered to vacate the city or face this guy's army. We scouted it out and it turned out he had "over a hundred vampires". So, shocked by this development, we spent several hours discussing, half in and half out of character, how we could fight this guy. Ultimately, we came to the conclusion that it was hopeless, and since the vampire refused to negotiate, and was hell bent on killing us all, we decided our only option was to give up our territory and flee the city. The GM wasn't willing to relocate the game to a new location, and so, reluctantly, we agreed to end the campaign.

An hour later in IHOP while discussing this, the GM revealed that he had meant to say the guy was a single vampire with one hundred ghouls. But he was confused about the difference between ghouls and vampires, so he said the wrong word when he had our own ghouls report back to us, and had them tell us it was a hundred vampires. And he never corrected us while we discussed it for two hours and decided to end the campaign.

So I walked out of the IHOP and my friendship with that guy never recovered.
>>
Off the top of my head, all I can think of is the moment when the party was investigating some ruins and shots were fired at my feet. I stepped back around the corner I'd been going around and called out to find out who it was and to see if murdering me was really necessary.
GM: "OK, while Anon's being a coward, what are you [Other Player] doing?"
Then my turn was skipped and I was ignored until the other player had some combat and came to shoot and stab my scene away.
>>
>I coup de grace the princess
>what?
>I kill her. In her sleep.
>>
>>46468706
>2nd session
>Half of the group shows up after saying they'd be there
>Rescheduled session
>half the group shows up after saying they'd be there.
>>
>>46473265
I laughed way harder than I needed to
>>
In high school we put together a Pathfinder group. I went to the kitchen to make sandwiches for everyone, and when I came back found no group and a bunch of piles of feces on the kitchen table.
>>
>Get asked to join a game a friend is playing
>Meet the GM and a few of the players, they all seem cool
>Talk to the GM a bit, starting hashing out a character for the game.
>Basically make a mage who's from the setting's main magic city.
>Understandably, this character is pretty loyal to the queen who rules the province and pretty much funds the city and the study of magical arts.
>This shouldn't be a problem, the party has never been to this city before and has no reason to object to any of this.
>Very first session I play, I find out one of the players I didn't meet before is "That Guy"
>He instantly decides he hates mages, hates the queen, and literally tries to threaten her in our first meeting with her, much to the horror of the rest of the part
>That Guy gets arrested, we eventually get him out of jail by explaining it a misunderstanding and the stress of battle that made him act that way
>This isn't good enough for That Guy, he guilt trips us all in-character and out-of-character about being traitors and attempting to "tear the party apart" and "troll the entire campaign"
>The other players all give in because they just wana fucking play the game.
>I respectfully tell the GM in private just to kill off my character because, as the newest person in the group, it's wrong that I ask him to kick this guy... but I can't play a game where one player's whining is going to dictate to turn the entire story into his wtfrandumb fanfiction.
>Find out a few weeks later that two other players quit in the following month.
>>
>>46473421
What
>>
>>46473692
Yeah it wasn't my finest moment.
>>
>>46468706
When the GM admitted to doing terrible things for the sole purpose of getting me to swear.
As in, while I was ranting at him about how +8 infamy for breaking a door was fucking ridiculous when blowing up a bar was +4, he laughed and said "Haha, I got him to swear!"
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.