[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"I know the brutes have caused injury and death, but their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 21
File: barroth_by_etheralfeather.jpg (130 KB, 777x462) Image search: [Google]
barroth_by_etheralfeather.jpg
130 KB, 777x462
"I know the brutes have caused injury and death, but their burrowing aerates the soil and their dung enriches the the ground's nutrients, causing a 15% increase in crop yields. They're only causing a ruckus this close to town because its mating season. That's why a quota is in place. No more than two killed per party, after that its catch and release. "
>>
>>46449193

Monster Hunter works this way on a lot of hunts. Half the time something's gotten into a place where it can easily disrupt the native wildlife and needs to be taken out.

Sometimes there's a surplus of monsters and sometimes something non-native has shown up and if left for too long will cause lasting damage to the environment.

Smartest thing to do is to build the towns where the monsters aren't, or figure out how to ward away monsters. Monster Hunter has you smearing the village's wall with monster blood to ward them off.
>>
>>46449193
We have magic, surely there is a better way to do this than say "Don't go work on your farm, you might get hatefucked by a couple of horny barroths."
>>
>>46449866
Polymorph everyone into barroths for the season.

Now you have a quirky regional festival!
>>
>>46449861

But which option is more MANLY!?
>>
>>46449978
...until the adventurers arrive.

then it's a massacre.
>>
>>46450139
All of them.

Getting legally paid is the MANLIEST thing you can do.

>>46450168
>>46449866
With some of the crazy monsters that were created running around, I don't doubt something like this happened.
>>
File: Barrothroar.png (263 KB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
Barrothroar.png
263 KB, 550x309
>>46450168

Yeah! The adventurers never stood a chance.
>>
you ever wonder if there's a place in the monster hunter world without monsters everywhere?
>>
File: Mhmap.jpg (750 KB, 1459x943) Image search: [Google]
Mhmap.jpg
750 KB, 1459x943
>>46451141

Probably not likely. Just look at the world map. MIneguard ain't exactly a safe planet to live.
>>
>>46451141

There's not a lot of places without monsters. Or that monsters migrate. Something Something Ecological shift.
>>
>>46451141
I doubt theres anywhere that doesn't have any monsters at all, but probably the closer you get to the Hunter Guild HQ the more thinned out the monster population is, but monsters are essential to the ecology across all biospheres, so completely wiping them out is dangerous, especially seeing how essential monsters are to society in their universe as well.
>>
>>46449193
How do you prevent poaching and enforce quotas in a med-fan setting ?

Besides, self-defense. Those animals are highly aggressive, and the fact that we happened to be transporting hunting lances and skinning knives doesn't mean that our actions weren't a matter of survival.
>>
>>46453824
Ahh, now we get into the discussion topic!

In monster hunter, you are a member of a hunter guild. There's paper work involved in registering your kills/captures. Evidence of poaching may cause an investigation. And if a culprit is found, they may be subject to fines or prison time.

Self defense might be excusable if you go to the proper authorities after the incident. Though repeats of these incidents might cause suspicion of poaching while using self defense as an excuse.
>>
>>46453824
Despite it's very low-tech setting, the lands weve been through are pretty thoroughly observed. Theres the Hunter's Guild, the Royal Paleontology Scriveners and the Elder Dragon Observation Team are all tasked with keeping track on the various ecosystems across the continent. I dunno about the others, but I do know the Observation Team use weather balloons to try and keep track of Elder Dragons. Combine that with hunters around the land and guild agents giving reports probably constantly they do pretty well with keeping track on the lands.

Self-defense the guild probably understands, I mean, the monster population isn't so scarce or endangered that a single monster being taken out in self-defense will cause some trouble, but any large scale poaching operation will most likely be found out quickly by agents or reported by hunters or any of the related associations. Don't forget though that even the smallest monsters are extremely dangerous and strong, so anyone without the proper training or equipment would barely have a chance against even Preys, so poachers would have to have one hell of a financial backing and some very skilled people to take on any monsters of merit without the assistance of the Hunting Guild, and anyone claiming "It was in self-defense" would be a lot more suspicious if they took out a Rathalos.
>>
>>46449193
>their burrowing aerates the soil and their dung enriches the the ground's nutrients, causing a 15% increase in crop yields. They're only causing a ruckus this close to town because its mating season.

If I don't see a rigorous peer-reviewed study confirming every damn thing you just said, I'm putting a bullet in each one I find.
>>
File: 1455836603736.png (280 KB, 442x334) Image search: [Google]
1455836603736.png
280 KB, 442x334
>>46454466
>he thinks a bullet would do anything besides make them mad
>>
>>46453978
>>46454435
Acording to MH4U, people aren't really free to come and go in areas where monsters are cited. Being in the area without the appropriate hunting permit(the quest you pick up) is about equivalent to poaching and the guild heavily punishes it. They have a monopoly and don't want to let it go. I can't remember if you get told by the guild master, one of the two girls in the low rank area, or by the caravan guild OL. Been too long since I spoke to any of them
>>
>>46454516

My only experience was Tri, and that had free hunting! Though that particular settlement was on the lower end of the tech scale. Pretty much a hunter gatherer fishing village. And there was only one guild representative rather than an entire guild hall.

I'd imagine the farther away from civilization you get the more lax the rules are.
>>
>>46454435
Low-tech is relative. These guys have some ridiculous biopunk shit going on (like symbiotic insects or half of the game's items) and some advanced mechanics (the main difference is that they don't use as much metal - dragon bones are harder than that, i guess?)
>>
>>46454765
Was it free hunting? I can't remember that part, I just remember the orders and contracts sent to the village were really slow to reach the village, and the whole land around the village was pretty wild, so there was less a concern with overunting.
>>
File: Kirin.jpg (410 KB, 820x960) Image search: [Google]
Kirin.jpg
410 KB, 820x960
Wonder if they have a problem with free hunting Deviljhos, a super invasive species that will eat others into extinction.

Also why do they have to dress so slutty, who are they trying to impress?
>>
>>46454932
Potential mates, don't you understand how nature works?
>>
>>46454814
From what I remember, dragon bones aren't strictly harder or stronger than steel, since both lines of equipment types only really have major differences in the early stages. So at the very start, steel is stronger (since all you have access to are small monsters and not dragons) but once you start jumping into wyvern bone, steel and metal becomes less strong, but sharper, but as you get farther down the line, the real differences lessen, as you gain better ores and metal types, and obtain elder dragon bones and such, and the choices to what you prefer come down to very tiny differences and mostly just person preference.
>>
>>46454964

Yeah, Don't diss A Deviljho for wanting a to look good!
>>
>>46454435
You're also forgetting Hunters in MonHun are technically the decendents of space marine tier super soldiers left over from the Dragon Wars.
>>
>>46454983
I think Ores are mostly used for mechanisms while bones are used for plating and weapon parts.
>>
File: Deviljho.jpg (438 KB, 800x701) Image search: [Google]
Deviljho.jpg
438 KB, 800x701
Does Deviljho eat people?
>>
>>46454932
Deviljhos I imagine are not a huge problem because they are a small population. Theres no way a monster as ravenous and aggressive as the Deviljho would have a large population, even in it's own natural environment. The Seregios are a much bigger concern, do to their sheer numbers and their tactic of not only killing upper food chain monsters, but also taking over their territories, so where the Deviljho presents of problem of wiping out entire ecosystems, they are few and far between, and if killed or chased off, the ecosystem can rebuild itself, where as the Seregios is far more numerous and presents an issue of tearing down the whole hierarchy of the ecosystem. Dunno what other invasive monsters there are though.
>>
>>46455068

No no no. People eat Devilhjos!... after several tries and fails to kill the fucker.
>>
>>46455068
It eats everything.
>>
>>46454986
True, but the Draconians are also natural born hunters with strength I imagine rivals Hunters
>>
>>46455068
Does it exist and is not a mineral? The Deviljho will eat it (though I dunno if it can or will eat vegetation)
>>
>>46454986
>>46455110

ITs also entierly possible that there's a lower gravity on Mineguard. (Yes that's the actual name of the planet).

The humans in Monster Hunter could even be Luddites from a different planet, ala Dragonriders of Pern.
>>
>>46455125
It does.
It cannot digest it, but it still does eat it, just to be an asshole.
>>
>>46455005
Thats true for the bone weapons, and later tier weapons mix bone and metals heavily, but when it comes to metal weapons they are pretty much entirely metal.
>>
>>46455097
Least favorite gen 3 armor

>>46455105
>>46455125
I guess it would be within reason for them to eat people given their largely indiscriminate when it comes to food, so much so they will eat their own tails.
>>
>>46455147
MonHun universe is literally Post-Post apocalyptic after a Planet sized war between the Dragons and Dragon Hunter's decimated the world.
>>
>>46455154
That would be pretty great if you could carve old or rusty weapons or ores from Deviljho to really demonstrate how the fat fuck stuffs his face with anything and everything.
>>
>>46455172

Not saying it wasn't but, But its still probable, we know jack shit about the Pre Wyvern War era. For all we know Monster Hunter Takes place in Warhammer 40k on a death world time forgot.
>>
>>46455214
I'm 90% sure it's set in the Megaman universe somehow.
>>
>>46455154
Wait, so Deviljhos are cats?
>>
>>46455233
It's the Dragon's Dogma universe where the seneschal really loved hunting monsters, but didn't want more people killing griffons.
>>
>>46455233
>Giant monster that you ride on while fighting it
>It goes up to the moon(humans stronk and can breath just fine. toooottaly)
>Up there, you find reaverbot armor
>>
Would anyone play a game as monster conservationists? Try to keep the ecosystem in balance, fend of the apocalyptic monsters, go seal team six on a group of well equipped poachers and other ecological threats.
>>
>>46455474
Fukc yeah, specially if I get lots of info in game about said monsters. Throw some witcher in it and it would be my perfect game.
>>
File: IMG_20141020_0097.jpg (140 KB, 1200x864) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141020_0097.jpg
140 KB, 1200x864
>>46454986
I wonder if they will ever use the design for this guy, especially with how the games are starting to push plot forward more
>>
>>46455525

Maybe not that specific design, but I don't think that the idea is completely dead.
>>
>>46455608
The only problem I would see is explaining how multiples of it would be around to hunt, course they can just say a whole army of them were created and they all escaped, but thats a bit iffy.
>>
>>46454932

>Why do they have to dress so slutty?

Because monsters might autistic and shy around cute girls making them pull back their punches when they do have to fight.

That is why the sluttiest armor offers the best protection. The monsters just don't want to hurt those pretty girls.
>>
>>46455639
I figure I'd be those end bosses that are near one of a kind. Like White Fatalis or Ceadeus
>>
Oh what's that, you want the soil aerated and shit? Okay, how about I summon up a purple worm for you there, that'll aerate the shit out of your dirt farms, glad I could be of assistance :^)
>>
>>46455675
>That is why the sluttiest armor offers the best protection.
Never played MH? Sets like Kirin and Nargacuga don't have the highest defensive values
>>
>>46455803

Then you are fighting some slut shaming monsters.
>>
>>46455272
There's actual evidence that it's either the distant past or the far future of the Metal Gear universe.
>>
>>46455858

Nah these are old fashioned monsters. Slut shaming isn't their deal. They're just angry because fur is murder.
>>
>>46455675
So monsters get shy around cute boys too right? Because a number of armor sets offer just as littler coverage to men as they do women
>>
>>46455882
Let's be honest here, literally every single setting could be distant past or future of the Metal gear universe.
>>
>>46455525
That's... fucked up. So it's like a frankenstein zombie dragon weapon? That's quite disgusting.
>>
>>46455907

Being autistic any sexualization makes them super nervous.
>>
>>46455908
Yeah, but Big Boss killed a Rathalos.
>>
File: IMG_20141020_0099.jpg (180 KB, 1200x861) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141020_0099.jpg
180 KB, 1200x861
>>46455921
It is pretty nasty, but if it's still canon to the universe of MH, it gives an idea to the full scale of the world's science ability if they could bioengineer a franken monster
>>
>>46456184
I mean... you can see the severed bones and loose meat hanging down from it. It's gross. And the little Hunter Helm visor on its face feels like a grotesque insult. like putting a bowtie on a zombie.
>>
>>46455675
I wonder if slutty armour doesn't have that benefit on ugly people - and the vast majority of hunters would be less attractive than average.
>>
>>46456247
Well, when you're up against nightmarish apocalyptic creatures, en masse, sometimes you gotta delve into some nasty routes. I mean I imagine during the Great Dragon War, something like the Fatalis, Dire Miralis, Gogmazios or even the Dalamadur were pretty much common threats. I mean think about it, what the fuck kind of horrors did the people back then have to deal with that they not only created man-made dragons as weapons, but also an entire race of monster fighting super soldiers, plus countless other incredibly powerful weaponry that keeps getting dug up in the new games (including fucking power armor)
>>
>>46449193

Can we still carve the ones that die of... natural causes?
>>
File: Darwin.jpg (72 KB, 1200x866) Image search: [Google]
Darwin.jpg
72 KB, 1200x866
>>46454466
Journal of Fantastical Wildlife Management, 1993 edition, Page 85, after the article on the effects of invasive dire ant introduction on endemeic owlbear populations and subsequent damage to the forest profile
>>
>>46456406
The "war" would also imply that there were sapient dragons.
>>
>>46456421
Obviously not, because the meat and organs will be damaged from rot or scavengers. Most likely any scouts from villages or from the guilds that find carcasses or skeletons laying around will take them back to town to be stripped of unusable bits and the bones retained for production. A hunter's job isn't to clean up corpses, it's to clean up the living ones.
>>
>>46456549
Well, with some of the Elder Dragons and the way that act, it wouldn't be a surprise that there were once (or still are) dragons will sapience. I mean there are monsters that already exhibit un"natural" behaviors, such as killing for reasons other than survival. Deviljho is just a species of gluttonous rage beasts, a number of the Elder Dragons seem to exhibit more than just animalistic tendencies, and lets not forget the Magala, whose entire existence doesn't seem entirely natural, since it revolves around being a walking calamity. Also the Lynians are technically monsters, but are just as sapient as humans, hunters and draconians
>>
>>46455474
Yes.

I've thought before about running a game like this, where the players are all a bunch of hippy casters and every session is like captain planet.

>Oh no! The evil potion company is trying to kill baby griffons for their undropped bollocks!
>>
>>46456184
There are goblins in Monster Hunter?
>>
>>46455474
I would, but as a Wildlife Biologist I'm afraid that the rest of my group would think I'm either self-inserting or metagaming, especially since I'm the only STEM in the group aside from the computer technician major.
>>
>>46456785
>computer technician
>STEM
pick one.
>>
>>46456809
I was trying to be generous, because he also browses /tg/
>>
>>46456778
Some of the prototype stuff is very DnD ish. The Melynx could stand in for them.

Imagine a Dark Souls like Anor Londo climb where the Melynx normally weak attacks can know you off and waste your time, like constantly being killed by those knights with the giant bows.
>>
>>46456651
I wonder if Deviljho might have been something bio engineered, given its endless hunger and it's body.

How about things classified as wyverns, but are more bestial like Zinogre, and Barioth?
>>
>>46449193

We need to better domesticate these creatures into something more...''docile''.
>>
>>46453824
You don't, people are going to kill the shit out of everything that eats their kids or their animals, that's just how it is.

Without rapid transportation, surveillance technology or centralized record keeping law enforcement beyond the local area is nearly impossible, which is why towns and communities had their own sheriff equivalents and jails.

You can't have some guy from the capital showing up looking for someone he doesn't know by sight, asking for help from other people he doesn't know either.

If you showed up in mudville, nowhereshire with a warrant for "some bloke who probably goes by the name Flint who allegedly killed some monsters" the most you can ever hope to accomplish is to vitalize the local genepool a bit by banging some farmgirl or tavern floozy.

Besides, even IF you have all the magic or make-belief tech in place to accomplish it all, why would people want to? With the lower population and harsher living of most medieval or fantasy settings, environmental protection is likely not on the agenda for anyone but treehugging elves, and you'll never convince anyone to leave the monsters alone just because they're majestic or whatever.
>>
>>46456946
I can't remember if these in-game are considered as predecessors to more normal shaped Flying Wyverns like Rathalos etc. or evolutions of them. I believe they're primordial versions of them, when the wings were more just highly evolved legs rather than true wings/arms.
>>
>>46455993
And a Tigrex.
>>
File: 1400951560481.jpg (225 KB, 800x1143) Image search: [Google]
1400951560481.jpg
225 KB, 800x1143
>>46457193
Those are pseudos, like Tigrex or Nargacute.
>>
>>46459837
Barioth and Gigginox are the same kind of Flying Wyvern as Tigrex and Nargacuga. Presumably, Zinogre goes even further back on that lineage but I dunno.
>>
>>46449193
>quota
>no more than

That's the opposite of a quota.

>>46449861
MH also did some subtle ones.
Monsters you can take guild quests for are numerous/problematic enough to be official, widely taken quests.
Some monsters are village only, meaning they must not be a big enough danger, cause trouble often enough, or are uncommon/endangered to the point where a guild quest would be dangerous for the health of the species.

In 4, monsters in the woods aren't terrorizing anything, you're just sport hunting.
>>
>>46449193
>their burrowing aerates the soil
And fucks up the crops.
>their dung enriches the the ground's nutrients, causing a 15% increase in crop yields
What exactly increases it by 15%? Every shit they take?
>>
>>46460782
>In 4, monsters in the woods aren't terrorizing anything, you're just sport hunting.
This is what we use it for and partially the mechanically purpose, but it's actually more like there's population spurts and they're warning you about them, not telling you "you can now hunt X in the woods!". We just choose to hunt them to grind materials. Kind of like the mechancial and flavor disconnect of being able to take the same quest over and over and over even though logically after doing it the first time it shouldn't be an issue immediately after you get back.
>>
Anyone statted out some MonHun monsters for Pathfinder, by chance?

I've got a buddy in my group that's real into MH, so I'd love to see if he could figure it out when I throw a Barroth or a Zinogre at 'em.
>>
>>46449193
You know, humanity once lived in a real life monster-hunter world.
Then the ice age ended and we eradicated almost all of the mega-fauna.
>>
>>46460662
>>46459837
>>46457193
So they're more or less natural creatures who are just super predators versus Rathalos, Rathian, Lagiacrus, etc?
>>
>>46460939
Climate change did the eradication.
>>
>>46460936
I don't know anything about Pathfinder or other roleplaying games but the thought of that sounds awesome.
>>
>>46461059
>I don't know anything about Pathfinder or other roleplaying games
Why you here dawg?
>>
File: MHGen-Glavenus_Render_001.png (717 KB, 1170x757) Image search: [Google]
MHGen-Glavenus_Render_001.png
717 KB, 1170x757
>>46460991
Well all the monsters in MH are natural creatures that are just super predators.

Also Brute Wyverns are best monster type
>>
>>46461106
Brute Wyverns are the best. I can't believe it took them until Tri to get giant theropod dinosaurs.
>>
>>46460797
I'd imagine that the regular deposition of their dung helps reintroduce usable and more easily stowed forms of nitrogen (most likely in the form of ammonia), sulfer, carbonates, and phosphorous back in to the soil to better aid in crop production and health. Further, the disposed of biomatter probably fulfills an important role in the soil microbial ecosystem to act as an energy source, a driving force of subsoil topography, and possible shelter and separation for soil microorganisms. Further, these restrictive nutrients applied in this way are generally at levels that are not of in danger of causing overabundance issues (which is known to cause deleterious effects on crops and other plant life, hence why you never overfertalize your crops since it burns them out and results in crop loss), and are less likely to result in high levels of nutrient runoff into the local watershed, thus avoiding the damage from algal/bacterial blooms that are often resultant in anthropogenic fertilization methods.

Honestly, its simple soil biology and ecology. Anyone who paid attention in school, or at least understands basic agricultural, could figure it out
>>
>>46461153
I know what fertilizer is. I'm asking where the 15% number comes from.
>>
>>46461194
Probably from the same asshole the shit's coming from.
>>
>>46461194
Not the original guy, but the post stated a 15% increase in crop yields. Generally in agriculture, this means a 15% increase in mean harvested biomass, which indicates an average increase in yield amount and/or produce size/nutrient density.

So it means that your average crop harvest has either 15% harvest number per capita, 15% greater crop food size/density on average, or some combination of the two that results in the calculated math to be 15% gross increase in the productivity of the crop.
>>
>>46461338
What, regardless of how many barroth are shitting on the field? "Horse shit increases crop yield by X%" is (not really) useless: "Y amount of horse shit per Z area increases crop yield by X%, one horse producing W amount of shit" is (much more) useful information, and extra useful when the shitter in question is a wild trespassing animal.
>>
>>46461448
Hey, don't blame me, blame OP for not providing specifics on Barroth population density and per capita estimate levels of shit production, or any of the other important specifics. I'm just answering the hypothetical science queries. If you have a problem, take it up with him.

I don't even play MH nor know anything about these creatures, I'm just applying my biological knowledge to the supposed scenario.
>>
>>46461571
But, but I was asking him.
>>
>>46457114
You haven't been following. If you aren't a Hunter, you are boned.

And the thing is, there is a whole ecology of the things. If you mess it up, you will have Apocalypse Tier creatures eating your village for a snack.
>>
>>46461106
Brute Wyverns A SHIT
I bet you can't even do back flips and scratch yourself
>>
>>46462133
Kill yourself Rathalos
>>
>>46462142
Nah I think I'm gonna go fly around for the next 15 minutes and land somewhere, look for a Rathian while you roll around in mud and don't jerk it cause your arms can't reach!
>>
>>46462336
I will explode you until you are dead you son of a bitch
>>
>>46462359
nigga imma jus fireball and poison your ass to death while flying, fucking ground pounders.
>>
>>46462423
Don't fuck with me Rathalos I will end you
>>
>>46462461
Come up here and say that to my face faggot, not down there and see what happens.
>>
>>46462336
at least we didn't get cucked by a bug zapper
>>
File: Duramboros_takeoff.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Duramboros_takeoff.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>46462490
On my way, you fuck
>>
>>46456406

I have to say, it seems to be what Monster Hunter is hinting at. There's a deeper history to the world that's been lost somehow. There's great towers and sunken cities of massive scale, left to ruins and possibly thousands of years old.
>>
>>46464425
That doesn't really mean much. I mean, sure there's a deeper history that's been lost, but we have that in our world, too. There are ruins and civilizations we know next to nothing about, huge cities that were razed and never rebuilt. The existence of such ruins and civilizations doesn't hint at mysteries of anything but the conventional historical kind, though.
>>
>>46460936

I remember seeing both the rathian an rathalos with a great jaggi stated out.

This was somewhere in the giant in the playground forums
>>
>>46454986
>You're also forgetting Hunters in MonHun are technically the decendents of space marine tier super soldiers left over from the Dragon Wars.

fanon bullshit
>>
>>46466950

Due to the state of the lore, any hint or extrapolation is true until proven otherwise in canon.
>>
File: 04 - yN0ifcG.jpg (3 MB, 1736x2456) Image search: [Google]
04 - yN0ifcG.jpg
3 MB, 1736x2456
>>46460936
>>46461059
Somebody did make a few for 5e over on plebbit. They also called it Doodles and Dragons. Whatever. Here's a sample.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/32ds5k/
>>
>>46467327
What would it take to convert those to Pathfinder?
>>
>>46462490
You better watch out, he can do it.
>>
>>46467327
Honestly I don't really know much about pathfinder so I'm probably not the person to answer that. 5e is based off of 3.pathfinder though, so I imagine wouldn't be too difficult.

The other thing that strikes me is that if you want to play an actual Monster Hunter campaign and not just "D&D: DEviljho Edition" then you'll need to convert the looting and forging processes over. I won't even begin to speculate ont he best way to approach that, but I have a feeling it might be complex.
>>
>>46467695
meant for >>46467480
>>
>>46467695
I was thinking of setting that up as I run into it. I'm more interested in getting different takes on the conversion before I set up a loot system.

But right now as for loot, I was thinking of a crafting system that ties each monster to a specific type of magical enhancement much like skills. You want masterwork on that weapon? Better hunt some Velociprey or Jaggi. You're interested in vorpal? Have you ever killed a Deviljho?
>>
>>46467851

I ran a pathfinder series of oneshots with a Monster Hunter theme. The way i worked on The whole crafting system was that What you could have gotten in xp, you can carve the monster and get materials that would act as "Magic Item Credit" to reduce the cost of making magic weapons and armor.

Not the best system, but it encourages the hunt.
>>
>>46468903
How did you handle level progression?
>>
>>46468927
I didn't they were oneshots.
>>
>>46462133
>>46462142
>>46462359
>>46462423
>>46462461
>>46462490

It is adorable watching wyverns fight. Keep your shitty sky and boring land. Just remember who's waiting for you when you come down for a drink.
>>
>>46467693
Brachydios' air game is fucking insane. No monster of that size should be able to jump that high or move that fast.
>>
>>46450139
jurassic park 5?
>>
>>46454932
the monsters of course! i have seen enough hentai to know where that goes
>>
>>46460782
>That's the opposite of a quota.
I don't think you know how wildlife management works, friendo.
>>
File: Steak_eat.jpg (296 KB, 600x691) Image search: [Google]
Steak_eat.jpg
296 KB, 600x691
>>
File: MH3G-Hungry_Deviljho.png (349 KB, 583x444) Image search: [Google]
MH3G-Hungry_Deviljho.png
349 KB, 583x444
>>46469609
ME
>>
File: img.jpg (956 KB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
956 KB, 4032x3024
>>46457193
Considering this piece of concept art, Zinogre might just be completely unrelated like the piscines
>>
>>46454765
The reason for free hunting in Tri was because the Village had no natural defenses against the monsters that got so close. Instead, it relied on it's local hunter to go out and keep the increasingly growing monster population down, keeping the village safe and well fed. The mayor of the village and his son all ran side deals with the guild, selling off excess monster bits and pieces to suppliant the village coffers. The hunter is encouraged to sell the village any extra bits they didn't want in return for special things you could only get in the small town.

It could have also been a bit shady, but as far as they were out of the way, the guild probably didn't give too many shits.
>>
I hope we'll get a MH game that involves delving into the far reaches of the land, untamed, untouched wilderness, as you hunt and fight back nature to help a small outpost bloom into a proper town

Also I wanna see the Hunting Guild HQ
>>
>>46449861
Sometimes an entire kingdom can't handle the monster and you have to do it.

Not even a final boss, or even a final rank boss. Fucking Rathalos. Five star level fight.
>>
>>46455882
Nah, that's crossover material. The only game Monster Hunter most likely actually connects to is Breath of Fire. Legit, compare monster designs.
>>
>>46472283
Isn't that basically Tri? Securing the island brings in more people and vendors. Not exactly like making it into New York, but a start.

Also, you see a Guild HQ when you go to Multiplayer. There's probably not one central location, just regional ones.
>>
>>46472707
There has to be a central location, where the Hunting Guild was first formed and where the various agents, guild masters and sweethearts are trained to perform their jobs properly
>>
>>46472803

For all we know they just give moderately quirky/ attractive girls a field manual and a few form templates for the paperwork.
>>
>>46455068
Yeah. Have you never fought a Savage Deviljho?
>>
>>46461194
If we're being true to the game, it's the old mud that hardened on the Barroth, which you then 'slough' off with a big ass hammer to the face
>>
>>46454932
Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.