[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70
Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Dragon Bodyguards edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
>http://pastebin.com/YhdxTQS6

Ultimate Intrigue leaks:
>classes: http://imgur.com/a/tlwEX
>feats: http://imgur.com/a/PA4eT
>items: http://imgur.com/a/RzJiF

Old Thread: >>46462432
>>
File: 2015-12-13_00005.jpg (175 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-13_00005.jpg
175 KB, 1600x900
Would you play post-apocalyptic Golarion, /pfg/?
>>
>>46473074
Is Golarion not already post apocalyptic?

The entire planet is covered in absolute death for 99% of the civilian population. A good chunk of the other 1% is also actively trying to make that worse.

Undead roam basically free, giant horse devil things live just outside your town and don't blow you and everything you know and love up because it doesn't feel like it yet.
There are deities that actively reward people for killing those weaker than them in increasingly brutal ways by making them even more powerful.

At any point in time you could become another casualty in some fuckface with a swords "adventure" because he decided to piss in some demon or dragons cereal that week then take a nap in your inn.

Really, a post-apoc world would probably be better than this world. At least a good chunk of the Murder would be dead too.
>>
>>46473074
Can we fight the twisted, irradiated mutants that used to be the iconics?
>>
File: inner sea alliance.jpg (141 KB, 366x621) Image search: [Google]
inner sea alliance.jpg
141 KB, 366x621
>>46473162

Yes

They would be the Champions of Evil, servants of Iomedae, and Protector of the Worldwound
>>
>>46473074
Can't be any worse than regular Golarion.
>>
A lizard/half ogre shield bashing/throwing captain america character.
Yay or nay?
>>
File: human_sniper_beg.jpg (52 KB, 320x448) Image search: [Google]
human_sniper_beg.jpg
52 KB, 320x448
>Search for a whole day an artwork for an upcoming character
>FIND SOMETHING ALLELUJAH
>Artist didn't upload the original art on his site

Pic fucking related.
>>
File: 1455952176714.png (2 MB, 1400x998) Image search: [Google]
1455952176714.png
2 MB, 1400x998
Don't hide it from me, /pfg/
Tell me about your character's appearance
>>
File: 1448591307622.jpg (284 KB, 848x1200) Image search: [Google]
1448591307622.jpg
284 KB, 848x1200
>>46473592
I'll hook you up, senpai. Some kind of female human Bolt Ace, is it?
>>
>>46473710
Classic wizard. Beard, hat, and robe, even smokes a pipe in combat when he's got nothing better to do.
>>
>>46473743
I was leaning more towards crossbowman fighter, but i'm famous to change my mind often, so my DM never really asks what i'm gonna play until the very end.
I wanted to try a Overwatch Style counter-caster character of some sort.
Also to rub in my friends face the name Overwatch.
>>
File: 1455606414391.jpg (2 MB, 2480x3508) Image search: [Google]
1455606414391.jpg
2 MB, 2480x3508
>>46473793
Regardless, most of these work either way
>>
File: 1458201027934.jpg (728 KB, 1985x3012) Image search: [Google]
1458201027934.jpg
728 KB, 1985x3012
>>46473710
Short girl with blonde hair, slender form, resting bitch face.
>>
File: 1421906795398.jpg (427 KB, 773x1000) Image search: [Google]
1421906795398.jpg
427 KB, 773x1000
>>46473710
>>
File: 1456352821381.png (483 KB, 778x1034) Image search: [Google]
1456352821381.png
483 KB, 778x1034
>>46473804
>>
>>46473825
>>
File: pyromancer.jpg (376 KB, 1280x1495) Image search: [Google]
pyromancer.jpg
376 KB, 1280x1495
>>46473710
Edgy as fuck
Which is why I make him act like a pretty nice guy
>>
>>46473804
Do not be worried anymore, crossbow brother, this girl will do just fine.
Thanks for your help.
>>
File: 1455755171585.jpg (77 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1455755171585.jpg
77 KB, 800x450
>>46473710
Rolled an Alchemist. Dressed like a Jet Pilot. Flies a Mechanical Pterodactyl that drops bombs and fires rockets.
>>
File: Starhammer.jpg (3 MB, 2001x2200) Image search: [Google]
Starhammer.jpg
3 MB, 2001x2200
>>46473074
My group already is. The last game group somehow managed to fuck up Wrath of the Righteous, and the worldwound exploded.

Using Iron Gods as a basis, we're playing in a demon-ravaged hellscape that once was Numeria. High speed firefights, hellish magics, cybernitic demons everywhere, and the only thing keeping us alive is balls of solid steel and overwheming firepower.

It's a five-man party of Doomguys vs The Apocalypse. We actually intend to murder, slaughter, maim, burn and destory our way through the legions of hell to the very heart of the Wordlwound, and finish what the failed "Mythic Heroes" started. All of hell will tremble before the eternal might of the Corps.
>>
>>46473961

>Using Iron Gods as a basis, we're playing in a demon-ravaged hellscape that once was Numeria

This is exactly the adventure path and campaign I'd run
>>
>>46473710
I copy-pasted a chunk from a My Immortal-tier shitfic as a joke. Nobody raised an eyebrow. What does my group think of me.
>>
>>46473961
You have an excellent GM, man. Make sure he knows that.
>>
File: Tiefling_Cleric.jpg (83 KB, 736x800) Image search: [Google]
Tiefling_Cleric.jpg
83 KB, 736x800
>>46473710
I'm Hoping that my Tiefling cleric is acceptable for a Hell's Vengeance game.
>>
>>46474234
>n
Don't be a goody two-shoes and you will be fine.
>>
Just an unconfirmed rumor so don't sharpen your pitchforks and oil your torches yet /pfg/, but Paizo's resident Trans, Crystal Frasier is pretty much pissed at how much "transphobic" hate the Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspire has gotten that she's actually blaming the tabletop D&D community for not being supportive enough and actually calling them 'regressives' and asking the PF community to brigade the game with positive reviews.
>>
>>46474335

sounds about right
>>
>>46474335
I don't give a fuck and neither should you. I have never played any Paizo AP so I give very little shits about this.
>>
File: b2qtPpO.png (80 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
b2qtPpO.png
80 KB, 240x240
>>46474335
>>
File: smuggest of lolis.png (1 MB, 1280x595) Image search: [Google]
smuggest of lolis.png
1 MB, 1280x595
>>46474335
>implying the feebleminded grognards in PFS are old enough to have played any of the Baldur's Gate games
>>
>>46474368

sleep snug smugs
>>
>>46474335
>Baldurs' Gate
>Forgotten Realms
>NWNs

Fuck. I miss travelling across the Sword Coast.
>>
>>46474375
I'mma let you finish, but ToEE was the best D&D game of all time
>>
>>46473074

Didn't the apocalypse happen like 5000 years ago when a giant meteor smashed down and blew up everything?
>>
>>46474375
Faerun is the most boring setting in all D&D lore, anon. Educate yourself.

Eberron Represent!
>>
>>46474406
>Didn't the apocalypse happen like 5000 years ago when a giant meteor smashed down and blew up everything?

Yep. Doesn't mean a second giant meteor won't come down and blow more stuff up. XD
>>
File: Praise THIS, faggot.png (451 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Praise THIS, faggot.png
451 KB, 1024x576
>>46474417
>calls Faerun boring
>liking Eberron
>>
File: Avistan_Map_Postapocalypse.jpg (1 MB, 2192x1780) Image search: [Google]
Avistan_Map_Postapocalypse.jpg
1 MB, 2192x1780
>>46474406
>>
>>46474429
Faerun IS boring. Its the most generic high-fantasy setting shat from LotR's asshole.
Its still well-written though I'll give it that.
>>
>>46474417
That isn't Dark Sun, get the fuck out casual scum.
>>
File: Sir Kay.png (275 KB, 500x664) Image search: [Google]
Sir Kay.png
275 KB, 500x664
>>46473710
He's a warder who used to be a noble. Lawful evil nation, but he's lawful good, so... It didn't work out.
>>
File: romance.jpg (35 KB, 736x414) Image search: [Google]
romance.jpg
35 KB, 736x414
So Anons, how intense does the romantic/erotic RPing get in your campaigns from players?
>>
>>46474516
In one of my earlier campaigns, it got really heavy for all the characters except mine. He was much more dedicated to the groups ideals, and more goal oriented. He had a romantic interest, but since she was his partner in combat, they kept it professional.
>>
>>46474516
I ERP'ed with the DM a lot in this campaign. The other players weren't interested in that.
>>
File: smug redman.png (94 KB, 300x297) Image search: [Google]
smug redman.png
94 KB, 300x297
>>46474463
>liking grimderp fantasy madmax
I like it for making Psionics streamlined into the setting properly, but majority of it is still shit
>>
>>46474335
do these SJWs really think much of the negative reviews of the game is because 'muh transphobia' and not because they made a buggy, mod-breaking piece of shit?
>>
Did some retuning of Jel's (the 'half-ooze' race) after spending a bit more time reading up on races and types.

They've lost "aberration" type, now they're just humanoid. Instead they've picked up dark vision.

Could use a bit of help with some fluff

Standard racial traits
---
Humanoid (Jel)
Ability Score traits: +2 dex, +2 Con, -2 int
Size: Medium
Base Speed: 30
Languages: Jel's begin speaking common and may learn Aquan, Terran, Dwarven, Draconic, Undercommon, and Orc

Feat and Skill racial traits
---
Bonus Feat: Jel's select one extra feat at 1st level.
Skill Training: Escape artist and Acrobatics are always considered class skills for members of the Jel race.

Movement racial traits
---
Malleable Form: Members of the this race may squeeze into spaces 1/4 their size (no less than 6in wide or 4in high), and they gain a +8 racial bonus on escape artist checks. This benefit does not extend to any equipment worn or carried - it must be able to fit into the space normally or be removed before this ability can be used.

Special abilities
---
Hold Breath (ex): Creatures of this race may hold their breath for four times their constitution score before risking drowning or suffocating.

Favored class options: As Human

Need to work on description, physical description, society, relations, and reasons for adventuring. I could maybe take some suggestions for alternate racial traits (for hold breath and possibly dark vision, malleable form may need some balancing, but it's based off of swim / climb).

For description and society; I see Jel's as having been initially created by arcane magic users either as a race of assassins or occasionally as the freak result of a partially resisted flesh to ooze spell, they escaped and while the first ones were half oozes, they ended up breeding true and Jel's were the result. Jel communities tend to be less than 500 or so individuals in hard to get to areas (most requiring their natural abilities) in areas like the underdark.
>>
>>46474612
The SJWs probably believe in the transphobia bullshit. The devs however probably sees it as a convenient shield from legit criticism.
>>
>>46474652
Overall, looking for feedback and thoughts.

They tend to favor 'rogue' archetypes (or whatever isn't shit in your setting) and sorcery as adventurers.

Their progenitors were came about either by the attempts of arcane casters to create a race of assassin half-oozes that promptly escaped and ended up breeding true to eventnually get Jel's (or rare individuals that partially resisted spells like flesh to ooze, or otherwise had weird magic things happen to them and joined existing Jel communities).
>>
>>46474652
>Instead they've picked up dark vision.
Drop that. Give them tremor sense

>+2 dex, +2 Con, -2 int
remove the dex bonus

>Bonus Feat: Jel's select one extra feat at 1st level.
No

>Skill Training: Escape artist and Acrobatics are always considered class skills for members of the Jel race.
Why acrobatics?

Drop their speed to half in Malleable form

Give them a racial bonus for Sorcs of the Aberrant bloodline
>>
>>46474612
>>46474657
Considering the absolute WEALTH of threads for WAR AGAINST THE SOCAL JUSTUS PALADINS, does it really have to come to /pfg/ too?
>>
>>46474417
>E B E R R O N
DUDE MAGITECH LMAO
>>
>>46474652

Maybe a few racial feats like one that grants 25/50/75% fortification.

Another feat idea would be one that allows them to get a bonus to disguise checks and the ability to cast alter self like 1/day. As they could mold their body to look like someone else.
>>
>>46474743
To be fair, Paizo is ground fucking zero for social justice in TTRPGs. It makes the most sense to be here
>>
>>46474743
/pfg/ is actually pretty anti-paizo precisely because of how hamfisted the special snowflake sexual orientations of some of the characters in the AP are portrayed.
>>
File: okay.jpg (26 KB, 540x527) Image search: [Google]
okay.jpg
26 KB, 540x527
>>46474757
>he doesn't like Magitech

Go ahead and stick to Vanilla Fantasy you boring fucktard
>>
>>46474782
>/pfg/ is actually pretty anti-paizo precisely because of how hamfisted the special snowflake sexual orientations of some of the characters in the AP are portrayed.

Shame it doesn't come out naturally. My characters tend to be gay but its like the least important thing about them. Like to me, a character's sexual orientation is like a raindrop in a ocean of character traits.
>>
>>46474782
I'm anti-paizo because of their stupid 'martials can't have nice things' stance and general fucktardation. I have no quarrel against any SocJus bullshit they throw in since it doesn't affect my game.
>>
>>46474800
DUUUUDE

MAGITECH

L M A O
>>
>>46474782
I thought we hated Paizo because their game is a schizophrenic shitty mess that we all play for some reason. This game is our prison and we're here forever.
>>
>>46474813
That's because you aren't making your gay characters for the express purpose of winning brownie points with progressive audiences
>>
>>46474813
I'm confused! If your character doesn't introduce themselves with "Hello, I'm gay, my name is Anon!", how are you going to show everyone how on the right side of history you are?
>>
>>46474722
Done most of it based off of race points, there's supposed to be some parallels with humans. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/creating-new-races

Overall this race is 11 RP (same as dwarves).

>>+2 dex, +2 Con, -2 int
>remove the dex bonus
Specialized is a 1 race point buy that gives +2 / +2 to a choice of physical or mental scores (both have to be allotted to same side) and -2 to the opposite chosen. Being that they were ooze people and oozes are notoriously resistant to damage and rather flexible, but utterly lacking in intelligence, I feel their attributes are appropriate.

>No bonus feat
Supposed to be a lot of parallels with humans here, they were designed to be pretty flexible.

>why acrobatics
Race is supposed to be heavily oriented around light or no armor, an acrobatics check allows you to avoid an AOO on moving through a threatened square. As a race they move strangely and can contort in extreme manners compared to most other races.

>Drop their speed to half in Malleable form
Had considered that it may need tweaking, this seems relatively appropriate. The other option was making it malleable form only 1/2 size.

>Give them a racial bonus for Sorcs of the Aberrant bloodline
Good idea. What would you suggest?

>>46474758
Should have probably included a cursory description but I ran into a character limit. Their bones are basically all cartilage and still have organs (albiet robust and durable ones) and such, they very closely resemble humans as long as they're moving (because muscle action keeps the looser parts of them from 'puddling'). The biggest differences is in how they move and act, it's pretty uncanny valley; Jels seem to breathe less, they 'bend' funny (every jel could easily be considered an extreme contortionist compared to a human, I mean they can literally crawl into a 6in by 4in space).

Racial feats for fortification seem okay, but alter self is something I'd prefer to leave in the magic side, not in spell likes.
>>
>>46474922
>Supposed to be a lot of parallels with humans here, they were designed to be pretty flexible.
But they're not humans. They're slime people. In fact, the bonuses to escape artist AND acrobatics is similar to the "Skill Focus" feat humans can get.

>Race is supposed to be heavily oriented around light or no armor
Races don't dictate what armor you wear. Classes do.

>An acrobatics check allows you to avoid an AOO on moving through a threatened square. As a race they move strangely and can contort in extreme manners compared to most other races.
>Being that they were ooze people and oozes are notoriously resistant to damage and rather flexible, but utterly lacking in intelligence, I feel their attributes are appropriate.
Oozes are slow. Look at their move speed. They don't walk, they move much like snails do. They eat AoOs regularly, but their resilience is not because of dodge AC, but because its hard to hurt them with conventional weaponry (translated to DR) and hard to target their vitals (translated to a percentile chance to ignore crits)
>>
>>46474335

For fuck's sake. These people are too stupid to be alive.
>>
>>46474516

I've seen a female PC turn Wrath of the Righteous into an elaborate NTR story. Shit was amazingly hot.
>>
Sup, /pfg/

I just got back from a session during which one of the players poured a back of Reese's Pieces into a glass, filled it with water, stirred it for like five minutes, drank the neon orange no-longer-water, and poured new water over the slowly decaying Pieces. It ended up white that time. He repeated this a couple times before pouring the soggy once-Reeses into his mouth and refilling. This happened over and over for the entire nine-hour game.

Apparently he likes the insides, but the coating hurts his teeth. Why in God's green fuck he doesn't just get Reese Cups, or hell, the new Reese-branded peanut butter+chocolate spread, is beyond me.

What's the grossest thing one of your players has eaten at the table, /pfg/?
>>
Thinking on going unarmed combatant for my next game, unarmed fighter and pugilist urban barbarian sounds good? dragon style btw. Any advice?
>>
So, my gm in a gestalt game apparently allowed this bestiary levels book for one pc, how bad will this be?
Cause this shit looks like some of the most poorly designed stuff I have ever seen.
>>
>>46475058
Make an unchained monk instead, since you'll do infinitely better than the combo you just suggested.
>>
>>46474722
>Drop that. Give them tremor sense
Forgot about this one, blindsense costs 2x the RP of darkvision for half the area. It's also in many ways wildly more powerful.

>>46474982
>They're slime people
No, they are descendants of half-human half-ooze magical experiments. The reason they were initially bred was non-magical infiltrators, spies and assassins. Is there an actual reason you dislike the bonus feat? or do you just feel its too powerful?

>Races don't dictate what armor you wear. Classes do.
That is true, however certain races and classes pair poorly. If you have to strip off your armor and leave it and your great sword behind to squeeze through a tight spot, it's indicative of a class / race conflict... whereas a sorcerer or rogue does not have to do such things, their clothes and dagger can squeeze through with them.

>Oozes are slow. Look at their move speed. They don't walk, they move much like snails do.
These are upright and bipedal sentient creatures that don't have a bone in their body, they can xcom thin-man their way out of the path of a weapon.

You're focusing too much on the 'ooze' part (though that may be my fault, having initially described them as 'half-oozes')
>>
>>46475053
>a back of Reese's Pieces
*pack

Since I'm making another post anyway, little background, this guy has a weird obsession with damp food, he usually eats sandwiches and dips them in a little bowl of water before he bites, which was.. weird, but alright, you do you. This was just disgusting, though.
>>
>>46475058
>>46475087
Well, Dragon Style is still solid. Just whatever you do make sure to get Flying Kick so you can stil move and full attack since pummeling style got nerfed
>>
>>46475090
Yes, plain old unrestricted "bonus feat" is outright too damn strong on a race that gets basically ANYTHING else on top of it. You've basically created humans+.
>>
>>46475087
b-but muh 24 Str rage and rage powers
>>
>>46475043

You can't say something like that and not give details, anon.
>>
>>46473710
Prematurely balding with straw like brown hair. A mousy appearance with large nose and weak chin. Permanently watering eyes, red and irritated, glasses perched on the edge of his nose. Patchy facial hair on his chin and neck, and thick wispy eyebrows. Patched robes of brown rough spun with a rope belt and bare feet. Numerous small necklaces of idols, wood, wax, and bone. A long almost flesh like staff, jet black and appearing as ropey muscle with a single long blade on its head.

The GM hated it, opinions?
>>
>>46475107
How bout trading it off for a specific feat then? or a small selection?
>>
>>46475118

Basically the GM replaced the transsexual lesbian rogue with a novice Paladin who'd been blinded in the blast. His dad, in contrast to him, was a Chaotic Neutral Cavalier of the Order of the Cockatrice. (That's the one where the Order's principles are "Be a rich dick.")

The party's sorceress initially flirted with the Paladin, but eventually started fucking (and married) his dad.
>>
>>46475218
Wow
>>
>>46475226

It was super hot.
>>
>>46475240
Disgusting.
>>
>>46475218

OMG I JUST LITERALLY CANNOT EVEN care
>>
>>46475252

You'd think, but it was amazing. Like, they were getting along really well and everything, until the 18 Charisma Sorceress met his dad, who was this middle-aged guy running to seed. He was boorish, loud, shamelessly relishing the fact that he'd spent his life looting and plundering and fighting solely for his own glory, and didn't approve that his (on whom he'd doted) had 'found religion'.

The Sorceress really got into it. She kept visiting the manor to flirt with Dad while pretending to nurse the Paladin back to health. The first time she fucked his brains out was on the same night the Paladin got his full knighthood.
>>
File: I'm ok with this.jpg (76 KB, 379x214) Image search: [Google]
I'm ok with this.jpg
76 KB, 379x214
>>46474516
>Be in ERP campaign
>most sessions involve brief flirting followed by bitchin' fights against evil
can't complain
>>
>>46475298
Still sounds disgusting desu senpai
>>
>>46475336
>>46475292
>>46475252

I'll be real with you. Wrath of the Righteous is very poorly written. The first module in particular is especially bad, and it's actually written by the same woman behind the Baldur's Gate fiasco.

The main draw of the path is Aruushla, who is the redeemed succubus waifu meme come to life. You can make it so there's unintentional pedophilic undertones, where oneechan waited for you to grow up so you can show her what a man is like. This is a background and everything.

Nothing gives me more pleasure than to see the core concept of the AP go off the rails.
>>
>>46475415

Your mind works in a pretty ugly way, I have to say. Forget the shitty module or whatever, there's still something quite queasy about the way you think.
>>
>>46475415
That's before we get into the absurdly broken mythic mechanics and unlimited trumpet works.
>>
>>46475582

Also, the pointless army-leading minigame that's scrapped two modules in.
>>
>>46475591
You mean the one that you can easily lose if you don't have someone charisma based or someone with mass battlefield control?
>>
File: ntr.gif (574 KB, 250x164) Image search: [Google]
ntr.gif
574 KB, 250x164
>>46475298
>>
Does anyone have a downloadable guide to grenadiering?
>>
>>46475098
You mentioned he already said the chocolate coating hurts his teeth and that he softens foods with water before consuming them.

I'm not exactly an orthodontist, but it sounds like he has sensitive nerves in his gums which explains his peculiar eating habits.
>>
>>46473074
Yes.

>>46473162
>>46473267
What if their mutations make them effective and well-built?

>>46473961
I regret not learning more about Golarion, if only to predict what happens after it's destroyed.
>>
>>46474335
Could be a rumor, but seeing Crystal's posts on the forums, its pretty much her standard M.O. to shoehorn and virtue-signal SJW bullshit into tabletop.
>>
Say, is anyone else kinda disappointed that Psionics, while have a lot of options for use with Arcane Magic, doesn't really have any options explicitly for Divine Magic?

Where's my Godmind PrC?
>>
>>46476125
DSP had published The Mind Divine supplement in their 3.5 days. And it has nothing to do with the divine mind class, thankfully.
>>
>>46475926
I thought Amber Scott wrote the Baldur's Gate thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 960x676) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 960x676
>People constantly trying to make becoming a Lich as edgy as possible
>like basing a babies head in or something
>they all seem to forget that this would be lost on probably 85% of the players/characters who do this in the first place seeing as they probably did much worse on the way to just trying to be a Lich in the first place
Jesus it's like they forget you raise corpses to be your servants, being kinda edgy is part of the fucking job description for necromancers(though obviously you can not be, just generally evil), I can't help it that you want to take it into maximum over edge, I just like skeletons.
>>
>>46476125
>>46476169
>>
>>46473074
That one guy made a 'darkest timeline' game for mythweavers and never followed up on it. I'm still sad.
>>
File: uLIw5U2.png (502 KB, 431x847) Image search: [Google]
uLIw5U2.png
502 KB, 431x847
Wanna play Pathfinder online with us via skype and roll 20? We have 3 dedicated non-spergs, ok well 1 is a sperg. But he's our sperg.

If so shoot me a message on skype: bobbyperudejavu and mention the game so I know what's up.
>>
>>46474335
If it's an unconfirmed rumor why even bother posting other than to rile us up.
>>
>>46476494
>Absolutely no info about the setting, the content, the start level, or the timeslot

Not being that helpful anon.
>>
>>46476179

Amber Scott and Crystal Frasier are pretty much the same person, anon.

When you get to the hyper-progressive transsexuals they're pretty much different heads on the same hydra.

Hail Hydra.
>>
>>46474813
One of my own characters was probably asexual, but making him so was an after-thought. I never even considered the topic of his sexuality until a few sessions into the campaign, and it was a discussion with another player that made me realize it seemed fitting to the character.

He'll sweet-talk your heart and make you swoon, take you out on a romantic date, make you feel like the prettiest girl in the world- but if you actually positively respond to his occasional joke about move things to the bedroom, you'll find he's all talk and no walk when it comes to sex. Kind of weird, by the typical stereotypes of Bards.
>>
>>46474516

My Slayer is pretty much something out of the Witcher, a town doesn't pass us by where the DM isn't encouraging us to at least entertain the idea of fucking the local beauty, and my dude's gained the reputation of always taking the DM up on the offer.

And you know what? I stopped doing it for the sex *long* ago, I do it because flirting with the local beauty means 3-5 minutes of 1v1 roleplay with the DM that's fast, fun and forces me to think. The sex is always a fade-to-black thing with a dice roll here and there followed by the immediate aftermath, but the build-up is to die for.
>>
>>46474776
>To be fair, Paizo is ground fucking zero for social justice in TTRPGs. It makes the most sense to be here

I thought Wizards of the Coast was Ground Zero, didn't they get into some trouble for the artists or whatever proudly proclaiming how much they despise showing off heroic white male characters, and when they had to make one they always made it a point to show him getting killed or shat on.
>>
File: pASDT tENSE.png (733 KB, 822x468) Image search: [Google]
pASDT tENSE.png
733 KB, 822x468
>>46476494
>>46476738

Anon here.

3.Pathfinder.
No Variant races unless approved
No monster races
No level adjustment
No home-brew class archetypes
If you cheese too hard just know that I'll just triple the CR

Setting: Fucking space. Alien worlds.
Content: You've been abducted. survive. kill. get home.

We decided Saturday around 4pm works
That's CST GMT-6
>>
What otherwise poor scroll choice spells become great scroll choices when you have the ability to use your own caster level for the scroll instead of the scroll's caster level (but not to use your own modifiers for setting the DC) and the ability to automatically succeed when attempting to activate a scroll, regardless of its spell list?
>>
>>46474507
Hello Not!Drizzt
>>
>>46476997
That doesn't make sense. Why would the artists they hire to put art in THEIR BOOKS get a say in what they're making art of? I mean, sure, the smaller details, yeah, let the artist do their job, but if someone hires an artist to do a picture of a scene where some NPC inn owner is offering the PCs free bedding and food for saving the town, and that NPC happens to be a white male- well, the artist better be ready to draw a friendly white male not getting shit on or being an ass, right?
>>
File: 1457101432288.jpg (61 KB, 640x321) Image search: [Google]
1457101432288.jpg
61 KB, 640x321
I am pleased to inform /pfg/ that a contact and I will be working with PsyBomb of Dreamscarred Press to produce the "Plane Crasher," an Intelligence-based class template for (tentatively) the following classes: stalker, warder, harbinger, and mystic. It will offer a number of class talents much like the bushi.

This will be the Baneposting-themed set of character options that was voted for by /pfg/ itself. To make its flavor more cohesive, it will be disguised as a "planar warrior"-themed class templated, themed around warping the fabric of the planes and weaponizing Knowledge (planes) checks.

We will be using some of the abilities here as an inspiration: https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/44076601/#44078510

Are there any other planar-themed and Baneposting-themed abilities that /pfg/ would like to see from this class template?
>>
Mornin' pfg

Made some changes to the medic's triage. It now heals 5 hp per medic IL instead of being tied to both level and WIS. The end result of dual scaling was just /way/ too swingy and most of the other healing formulas I tried were either too low or way too high.

Medics also lost the text preventing them from healing older wounds with new triage uses in an encounter and I added a sidebar to give some fluff to how the triage ability "works."

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fkVJcjXIEZiZj_vpumo_8qy0TZfQl2hZ-tKV4rLnxLM/edit?usp=sharing

I'm around for questions and stuff, but I'll be mostly working on trying to get Chimera Soul into a state I'm satisfied with. So feedback on that would be nice too.
>>
>>46477238
If I had to guess they'd probably only specify the race of the innkeeper unless they're supposed to represent a specific character that already exists in the world.
>>
File: MissileBoatHangar.jpg (66 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
MissileBoatHangar.jpg
66 KB, 512x384
>>46473961
Sounds fun.

Who gets to play the air support?
>>
>>46474516
Whenever other players get in the mood, somehow I keep being the person they go to for this. Playing a kitsune enchantment sorcerer with loose ethics probably doesn't help my situation.

I have never before watched anyone get off so hard on having their character(s) be under the effects of enchantments.
>>
>>46476997

Wizards of the Coast has and always will be the Ground Zero of Social Justice plaguing tabletop, they're the ones that started the mess and they're the ones perpetuating it.

You don't see Paizo getting interviewed by Forbes, praising them for their diversity and how tabletop is no longer the realm of white men. You don't see Paizo getting multiple threads on /tg/ debating "what did they mean by this" when they introduce yet another black-majority plane or transgender woman or autistic chick to their work. Hell, you don't see Paizo really getting a lot of attention at all nowadays, whereas Wizards of the Coast is the real mover-and-shaker of the industry.

The only reason Paizo seems more progressive than WotC is because Paizo, being a rinky-dink company with a direct feed between developer and user, is far more visible about their behavior. Unlike WotC, you can just go straight to the Paizo forums and read their shit straight from the developer's mouth. This isn't possible with WotC, there's layers.

But boy oh boy, when those layers are parted and you get the occasional tumblr response by a developer, do you see just how addicted to the kool-aid they are.
>>
>>46477296
Do you guys plan to make the names for everything as meme as possible? Everything listed in the linked post are maneuvers and stances, not abilities for a class template, so I'm not sure if that's changed. Those names are kinda lame, I think.

Also this seems obvious but some high-level ability to travel between planes.
>>
File: 1378331328584.png (33 KB, 298x300) Image search: [Google]
1378331328584.png
33 KB, 298x300
Am I the only one that gets oddly excited when my character is getting the crap beaten out of them, even when said beating actually knocks out or kills my character?

Like, I always thought people feel bad about it or get pissy, but whenever a monster's tearing through my guy it's almost like I'm *enjoying* it.
>>
>>46477399
Chill brah, it's okay for not every character to be a straight white male.
>>
>>46477428
Anon, are you playing a tank of some sort?
>>
>>46477430

I'd chill if straight white males were actually present in their work, or they didn't treat having yet another black man or lesbian couple as the hottest, most daring and incredible thing that shows how brave they are.

It's not a cse of "I want everyone to be a straight white male" and more "what, where *are* all the straight white males?" I don't feel welcome in this community they're pushing anymore.
>>
File: 1449462393095.gif (208 KB, 354x534) Image search: [Google]
1449462393095.gif
208 KB, 354x534
>>46477448

Yes, I actually prefer to play tanks.
>>
>>46477454
Brah, it's okay for people of other races and genders to exist in works. I'm looking at the 5E player handbook and have seen multiple white males before even finishing the character class pages.
>>
File: VxVbXrq.png (601 KB, 953x540) Image search: [Google]
VxVbXrq.png
601 KB, 953x540
>>46477428
>>
>>46477468
Then you're perfectly fine, anon. Carry on.
>>
>>46474536
I've had a relationship like that. Not in a game though.

*in our cubicles at work*
>Haven't you ever thought of asking her out?
>We could probably just marry if she wanted
>Next year would be good, should have enough for a house then with our salaries
...Usually when it turns out someone's right behind you it's after saying terrible things about your boss.

My mother cried when she heard the whole story.
Not the happy un-depressed kind of crying.
Apparently I'm why romance is dead.

But I'd not trade her for anything.
My wife I mean.
The mom jokes are more negotiable.
>>
>>46474516
Really heavy. But only between my cohort and my PC.
>>
File: CGBlackjack.png (251 KB, 640x300) Image search: [Google]
CGBlackjack.png
251 KB, 640x300
>>46474800
Oh come on anon. Name me ONE thing in this picture that's even remotely cool.

Oh but you're not allowed to say the airship.
>>
>>46477582

Why are tabletop gamers so obsessed with airships, anyway? Whenever the topic of cool comes up they're usually near the top of the list.

Is it anime shoving them into your brains? Their association with "The good old days"? Their seemingly endless prospects of freedom and independence, which probably appeals to a lot of us region-bound losers?
>>
>>46477607

They're a fantastic method of air travel. And all of the above.
>>
>>46477582
I like that patch of green in the II quadrant, separated from the main green blob.
>>
>>46477607
Because they're cool.

>>46477582
The airship is cool.
>>
File: attentionwhore.jpg (128 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
attentionwhore.jpg
128 KB, 1366x768
>>46474813
Then obviously they aren't gay.
If they were gay, Gay would be not just the most defining, but the *ONLY* trait of any kind within their personality and history.

They would struggle their whole lives with this identity, harassed and rejected by entire kingdoms of people who are totally okay with this and have no issues whatsoever with the whole gay thing, WHICH REALLY TRIGGERS ME.

You're not even gay. Anyone less oppressed than me can't possibly be gay. You're just a poseur, a faux-gay, one of those liberal democrats that thinks they understand the gay condition just because they have a little bit of marital sex with other men despite not even being trans.
>>
File: 1414582296259.jpg (126 KB, 1301x614) Image search: [Google]
1414582296259.jpg
126 KB, 1301x614
>>46477468
Tanks are badass
>>
File: 1459359817450.png (221 KB, 850x645) Image search: [Google]
1459359817450.png
221 KB, 850x645
>>46477649

You forgot to include the part where homosexuality is misogynistic because it's the penis-bearing male denying the vagina-bearing female because they "don't like" the vagina.
>>
Y'all just need to stop shitposting about gender and sexuality. Go back to posting cheesecake, builds, baneposting, pretty much anything else.
>>
>>46477675

Cheesecake is everything that's wrong with the industry, anon. It's what's keeping tabletop from being more inclusive.
>>
>>46477692
Ain't nothin' wrong with a little cheesecake
>>
>>46477675

Tell me about the crazy wizards and why they make the dungeons.
>>
File: CCF_FreshStrawberryCheesecake.jpg (209 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
CCF_FreshStrawberryCheesecake.jpg
209 KB, 1920x1440
>>46477675
>>
File: 1413390634567.jpg (245 KB, 800x1132) Image search: [Google]
1413390634567.jpg
245 KB, 800x1132
>>46477724

That's beefcake, anon!

This is cheesecake!
>>
>>46477733
Because when they make dungeons random adventurers try to plunder them and find the treasure deep within. Wizards don't have access to the internet, they have to get their entertainment from the brainless meatheads dying in droves while watching on their own personal demi-planes.

>>46477736
I want cheesecake now...
>>
>>46477607
Oh it's not just tabletop gamers.
All the way back to Zeppelins, airships have been cool.

>They're huge
>They fly
>They're completely filled with volatile, highly reactive helium
>WE'RE STANDING IN A GIANT FUCKING BOMB, CYRIL!

Airships are simply better boats. They are higher up on the traveling method food chain. In many settings they are the highest.

Worthless rabble ride a donkey
Worthless nobles ride a carriage pulled by horses
Worthless royalty has a boat, upon which their horse and carriage may be brought to other places
And here's your party of adventurers.
In a luxurious flying battleship.
Look UP upon my works, ye mighty, and DESPAIR
>>
>>46477733

Is it wrong that I've never once bothered to try and make a proper dungeon?

Like, what's the point? Why not just use abandoned castles, or a bandit camp? Or the winding streets of a metropolis, now the battleground for a gang and the party?

Why not make the vast majority of a party's reward come from their contract, or pilfered from the hoard of whatever enemy they're fighting?
>>
File: skull ripper.png (804 KB, 796x687) Image search: [Google]
skull ripper.png
804 KB, 796x687
Question:

Let's say I have a construct/familiar/minion. In this example I have a skull ripper:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/constructs/skull-ripper

It comes with no manufactured armour, but has a natural armour bonus.

If I were to obtain a large amount of iron, say by the wall of iron spell:
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/wallOfIron.html

could I then use fabricate:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/fabricate

to make a set of full plate for my construct? The craft DC for making a set of full plate is 19 normally, and I can't find rules for non-humanoid armour crafting.

I appreciate my DM might hate me, and I'm on the fence as to whether or not I should do this since it might trivialize some encounters.
>>
File: taste.png (2 MB, 1366x770) Image search: [Google]
taste.png
2 MB, 1366x770
>>46477670
My god you're right!
I need to combine all this immediately!
>>
>>46477778
Possible dungeon could be a burial crypt that became infested, loot comes either from the risen dead and the objects they were buried with or corpserobbers. But not having a proper dungeon isn't a bad thing, most of them don't make sense.
>>
File: 1451346340680.jpg (69 KB, 920x380) Image search: [Google]
1451346340680.jpg
69 KB, 920x380
>>46477769

>Helium
>Volatile, highly reactive

Memes aside, airships caught the imagination and burned nearly as fast, they're the realm of quirky 1920s films.

What made airships so popular with medieval fantasy is anyone's guess, but they're pretty fucking stupid for most campaigns and a sure sign things are going to shit in a handbasket if the DM whips one out, ESPECIALLY if "only the adventurers" get one because guess what? That shit's gonna be regulated and your "precious flying battleship" is going to just be one of many.
>>
>>46477747
They're cheesecake to me.
>>
File: orc fem buff.jpg (285 KB, 503x850) Image search: [Google]
orc fem buff.jpg
285 KB, 503x850
>>46477692

More than half my group is girls. One of them is playing an old dwarf lady, one is playing a beautiful noble girl with awesome sparkly dresses, and one of them is playing an orc barbarian in a fur bikini.

Cheesecake is fine as long as it's not the only option! Some girls want their characters to be badass, some want their characters to be sexy, some want their characters to be something else.
>>
File: 1446612839146.jpg (38 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
1446612839146.jpg
38 KB, 362x346
>>46477832

What is the most cheesecake character you've ever played, /pfg/?
>>
My group of 5 players have hit level 13.

What should I throw at them? Last session they liberated a city of 100 kobolds by pressing a big red button and blowing it up.

I have:
Wizard, Kineticist, Monk, Ranger, and an Inquisitor.

I think the CR for pre-made enemies would be 16 or 17 with this type of party? I've been winging it this whole time.
>>
>>46477406
That'll form up as the class does, and according to the wishes of those making the request. Should this ever be included in a publication, though, many of the memes are going to need the serial numbers filed WAY off for legal reasons.
>>
>>46477794
I think that's definitely possible and pretty creative, but not without penalties: constructs have no armor proficiencies so anything you make that has an ACP will slap that penalty onto its attack rolls as well.

You'll make an AC tank (The most vulnerable type of tank, as well) that won't be able to do any damage.
>>
File: annihilatorbot.jpg (470 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
annihilatorbot.jpg
470 KB, 1920x1080
>>46477794
Why stop there?
Make the armor self-supporting
Add heat-blades to the pincers
Make the tail more ... rotary

We can make your bug thing bigger.
Stronger
Faster.
And we'll toss in DNI and a top of the line targeting sensor array.
>>
>>46477854
Wasteland 2 was such a disaster.
>>
>>46477778
Often times, an actual DUNGEON dungeon wouldn't be fitting, and you want to use something like an abandoned castle, destroyed cathedral, or noble's mansion. However, dungeon has sort of become an umbrella term, hence phrases like dungeon-crawls, and at least in my experience gets applied to any large map the party will need to explore and likely have several encounters (possibly including a "boss" encounter).

In any case, no, it's not wrong that you've never made a literal dungeon, if that's what you mean. There's a fair chance that never would have been appropriate for what your PCs are doing. A lot of thought should be put into dungeon-making (using dungeon in that broad, umbrella sense again), which starts with making sure there is a sensible reason for said dungeon to exist and for the PCs to be there.
>>
>>46475090
>caring about race points

Don't do that. Race points are worthless as an objective measure.
>>
>>46477820

In my game, the deep dwarves have invaded the surface with an army of slaves and golems and lodestone-powered flying battleships. The PCs stole one. So, the PCs have one, and the villains have a bunch. I regret nothing!
>>
>>46477802

See, that's like the only time I've ever made a proper honest-to-god dungeon and it felt good.

I can't wait to see what happens when the party travels to the Not!Byzantine Empire (ruled by the undead, who spend their existence without hunger, thirst, sleep or disease contemplating the universe and creating great works of knowledge, art and philosophy) and discovers dungeons inhabited by the undead are really just ascetics who want someplace particularly quiet to think.
>>
>>46477847
I'd like to think that sometime in a few years when the baneposting fad is over, someone might look at the template and just think 'hey that's kinda cool' without making the connection.

Baneposting has become a bit of a mainstay though.
>>
>>46477847
>many of the memes are going to need the serial numbers filed WAY off for legal reasons
Why?

Is "You're a big guy" or "Shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane" copyrighted?
>>
>>46477832
It's different flavors of the same power fantasies that men have. Expecting that only men would ever want to play out these power fantasies would be silly, since men and women alike are both human.
>>
>>46477909
>Is "You're a big guy" or "Shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane" copyrighted?

Of course!
>>
>>46477909
No, but direct movie quotes and established characters would be. It's not a place tiny devs want to take risks, since each individual lawyer on DC's staff probably has a bigger budget than our combined one at DSP
>>
>>46477847
Glad to hear, not that I'd get any say in the matter one way or the other. I can get behind the humor of the idea but the names are really lame so far.
>>
>>46477238
Regdar was originally supposed to be a Hispanic guy. Somebody high up (eg, not the actual game developers) decided that there weren't enough white people iconics and told them to make him a white guy.

This is why a bunch of the books feature illustrations of Regdar dying in different ways - both the writers and the artists had a grudge over the management interference.
>>
>>46477960
>Somebody high up (eg, not the actual game developers) decided that there weren't enough white people iconics and told them to make him a white guy.

Was there actually a lack of white iconics though?
>>
>>46477794
I just did some maths and a level 11 wizard can create 22,502.53 pounds of iron with one casting of wall of iron. When the wizard hits level 12 that increases to about 33,754 pounds of iron.

If that's not enough iron to make a set of full plate for a skull ripper, I don't know what is.

>>46477848
Ah, that makes sense and would be a not insubstantial trade-off - the skull ripper would be suffering a -6 ACP or -5 with masterwork. It's attack bonus is normally +20 and it has grab as well as a +26 grapple bonus though, so that's not *too* bad if it can get a single hit in, since it then doesn't take the ACP whilst grappling and automatically deals 4d6+18 when maintaining a pin.

Alternatively, if I want to be a real prick I could buy a block of mithral and give it mithral full plate but I feel that could backfire drastically since mithral costs 500gp/pound.

>>46477854
I'd fucking love to, but I'm not sure that a) Pathfinder has the rules capable of enabling that, and b) my DM would be happy with the party wizard making the rest of the party even more obsolete.
>>
>>46477844
Are your players having fun? Are you?
If you answered yes to both those questions, then keep winging it, looks like you're doing it well.

There's no hard-cut formula for preparing encounters, you have to tailor them to your party's strength and weaknesses.

If you want to challenge them, look for the weakness in their usual strategy:
Do they rely on the wizard winning initiative and entangling the opponents before they act? Maybe the enemies know about this and have a ring of counterspell just for this purpose.
Is the Kineticist trivializing encounters with their high DPT? Maybe they're fighting a big boss with a high resistance - though complete immunity would be a no-no in my book.

Etc.
>>
>>46477984
Isn't the iron from wall of iron awful quality and can't be used for item creation?
>>
File: peek.png (76 KB, 953x646) Image search: [Google]
peek.png
76 KB, 953x646
>>46477843
>>
File: 1431227602694.png (194 KB, 663x537) Image search: [Google]
1431227602694.png
194 KB, 663x537
>>46477984
>I just did some maths and a level 11 wizard can create 22,502.53 pounds of iron with one casting of wall of iron. When the wizard hits level 12 that increases to about 33,754 pounds of iron.

What kind of iron is it?
>>
>>46478003

Shut up Dorian, all of your characters are cheesecake.
>>
>>46478013
>>46477984

"Like any iron wall, this wall is subject to rust, perforation, and other natural phenomena. Iron created by this spell is not suitable for use in the creation of other objects and cannot be sold."
>>
>>46477844
They're a five-man party. Wizard is powerful, Inquisitor is alright and the rest are sub-par in terms of tier, but what is more important is how well they have built and play those classes.

If they have been steamrolling stuff so far, feel free to throw something more powerful at them, but take a careful look at the stats. It feels cheap when the attack bonuses on a monster are absurdly high to the point where they auto-hit the most armoured character. Likewise, be careful when playing spellcasters with high intelligence.
>>
>>46477985
Well.

The Wizard plays like a fighter.

The Kineticist is Void/Fire and makes great, great walls.

The Ranger either crits or misses entirely, with his large wolf always tripping nig nogs.

The Monk goes full ora ora star platinum bullshit and has a good crit record.

The Inquisitor is the one who monster lores everything then banes that thing.

They are having fun. RP is ok.
>>
>>46478013
Even low-quality pig iron can be refined to usable standards, though. Even if you end up with 1/10 that in usable steel, that's a ton
>>
>>46478056
I mean, sure, you can make stuff out of the iron wall if you ignore the rules. You can also make things out of nothing if you ignore the rules.
>>
>>46478056

See >>46478043

It's particularly shitty iron.
>>
>>46477913
Plus never forget that much of womens fashion is designed by women or people who bring a whole new level of meaning to the term "gay".

That tight little dress that shows plenty of cleavage ain't no misogyny. Well... it CAN be, but only in that few things hate women as much as other women can...
>>
>>46477967
No, even if you only count the human iconics and not the other races.
>>
File: 1446652206836.jpg (297 KB, 1449x1500) Image search: [Google]
1446652206836.jpg
297 KB, 1449x1500
>>46477843
Well, my current character for a 3.p ERP game is basically a Silverbrow human with Racial Heritage (Kobold) and Dragonwrought. Not used for cheese
>mcfw
PsyArm4/Aegis4/DaringHero2
>>
>>46477984
b is an extremely valid concern
a, however, has plenty of ways, both CRB and 3rd party.

ways ranging from barding to construct armor (that's core, btw) to astral armor (you ain't seen scary till you've seen the tarrasque with aegis levels friend) to having it pilot a motherfucking mech.
>>
>>46478079
Ah, wasn't up on my screen when I typed it. My bad there, glad I never tried cheesing it in a game.
>>
File: 1447263270212.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1447263270212.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
>>46478109

>Implying the gay warlocks of fashion don't choose supermodels based on how much they look like 13 year old boys
>Implying their entire design philosophy isn't built around this lust for teenage butt
>>
>>46478024
Anon inquired about the most cheesecake. A few can tussle over it, but I think Helen takes it for me.
>>
>>46478120

Weren't the white male iconics evil or described as huge cunts?
>>
>>46478180
To be fair, so are Pathfinder's Iconic Magus and Cavalier, aren't they?
>>
>>46478180
No.

Hennet did wear a lot of belts for some reason, though.
>>
>>46477995
>>46478013
>>Iron created by this spell is not suitable for use in the creation of other objects and cannot be sold.

Ah, fuck.

Well, worst comes to worst I can just buy a large block of iron, or even better collect a lot of iron bars.

Iron costs 1sp/lb, so 10 pounds of iron for one gp.

Medium, humanoid full plate weighs 50 pounds. That's 50 pounds of material that may or may not be iron - presumably fabricate would enable creation of humanoid full plate, so I see no reason why it wouldn't enable creation of larger, more obscure sizes. This leaves the issue of what size to create.

I mean, even if we assume it require fifty times more iron to make a set of full plate for a skull ripper (that's 2500 pounds, and the skull ripper's upper bound for a medium load is 2076 with 3100 being the upper bound for a heavy load), I'd only have to pay 250gp to acquire a block of iron necessary for fabricating such a thing.

>>46478141
>plenty of ways, both CRB
I'm intrigued and surprised I hadn't though of barding.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/building-and-modifying-constructs
Seems cool but expensive.

Reading this table tells me that:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/armor#TOC-Armor-for-Unusual-Creatures

Full plate for a nonhumanoid large creature would cost 4*1500, so 6000gp, and weigh 100lbs. Not too bad, and in the confortable price range where my DM might not complain but it is also cheap enough to do. And that's if I was buying it on the open market - looking at my maths above, 100 lbs of iron costs 10gp. I very much think that my DM would complain if I did that, though.
>>
>>46478250

The magus is a half-elf, by WotC standards that does not count as white.

Cavalier is a gift to the universe that needs to be used more often, love that bastard.
>>
>>46478277

Why are you buying iron bars? Use steel.

In fact, if you want to be a cheeky cunt use steel alloy.
>>
>>46478309
>elves can't be black

C'mon, man, Tuvok was ago.
>>
>>46477843
But what is cheesecake?

Is it like rules-cheese or christmas cake or both?
>>
>>46478348

I'm just quoting from one of the artists for Regdar, they said non-humans don't count for black or white because they aren't human.

Only humans are defined by their skin color.
>>
>>46478277
"Normal" weapons and armor are steel, not pure iron. You'll need to buy a proportionate amount of carbon and small amounts of, likely, zinc and nickel to make something of decent quality - frankly, you're probably better off (in spite of the lack of pricing for this) buying coal and iron ore wholesale and using Fabricate to forego the need for a forge and the hours of labor hammering away impurities and forcing the carbon in.

However, Fabricate specifically states "Components V, S, M (the original material, which costs the same amount as the raw materials required to craft the item to be created)", meaning it doesn't matter if you buy steel ingots or not, you need to have ALL of the materials required to make your full plate, and it MUST cost the same amount as it would to craft it normally. I don't know if you're aware, but a fair amount of cloth, leather, and thread go into creating wearable armor.
>>
>>46478369

Cheesecake is an attractive woman in scant clothing clearly meant to arouse and titillate an audience. Hot chick in full plate is not cheesecake, hot chick in wispy robe doing a pose that lets you see down it is.
>>
>>46478369
>Christmas cake adventurer
>rewarded the young prince's hand in marriage for saving the kingdom
>>
File: red_by_wlop-d9969rz.jpg (135 KB, 699x1144) Image search: [Google]
red_by_wlop-d9969rz.jpg
135 KB, 699x1144
>>46478437
>>
>>46478425
>"Normal" weapons and armor are steel, not pure iron
proofs?
>>
>>46478463

Yup, that's cheesecake.

>>46478451

Why would the king give the hand of a prince to some random adventurer? Is he the heir? He better be the heir, otherwise he made a dangerous pretender to the throne.
>>
>>46478425
>wearable armor
>talking about armoring a construct
oh no the robot's poor delicate skin will never withstand wearing armor without gambeson :(((((

Kill yourself moron, l2context
>>
>>46478487
A random adventurer who helped save the kingdom from certain doom. It's a marriage to help keep a powerful force that can try to save the kingdom from any future catastrophes.
>>
>>46478405
That's dumb. They're dumb.
Why is it that Shadowrun Russians are one of the only kinds of people in fantasy I've ever seen who use sensible ethnic definitions for -all- races and not just "muh humanity"?
>>
>>46478484

Iron is an incredibly shitty metal and only becomes halfway decent when you start melting thick, ropey strings of carbon into it's crystalline grain structure.

The magic number for iron turning into steel is .12% to 2%, anything more becomes Cast Iron and very brittle.

>>46478500

You don't want to make your construct's skin out of iron dude, that's what we're saying.

That shit is hard and brittle, what you want is ductility and the only way to make iron ductile is turning it into steel.
>>
>>46474335

God, small fucking wonder all of Crystal Frasier's scenarios are absolute garbage. I really wish I could get into a home game and stop playing PFS but whenever I try I never get a fucking response because I'm not active on Facebook 24/7 and no one can ever use email.
>>
>>46478541
>playing PFS
lmao cuckold
>>
>>46478500
It doesn't matter if it's armoring a construct, you still need flexible leather for joints, fucktard.

>>46478484
Literally every special material that doesn't replace wood, leather, or cloth references steel. Everything is compared to steel because steel is the norm.
>>
>>46478425
A fair point. This is why I post this stuff; in case there's any problems I want to make sure I can be prepared. It helps to have a few extra pairs of eyes proofread plans as well.

So, we've got barding that costs 6,000 - presumably I could have it masterwork for an extra 600gp (150*4?). I'm unsure if there are any other cheap ways for me to reduce the armour check penalty for Mr. Scuttles, as I think I will call him.

If the DM allows it, I may also add on the Vital Guard enchantment (+2 AC vs attackers confirming crits), and perhaps a simple +1 enhancement bonus.

I already have a staff of the master, a lesser metamagic rod of dazing and other assorted bits, so branching out into constructs and minions might be fun.
>>
>>46477909
>Shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane
Amateurs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtI0Aal3C6w
>>
>>46478500
It doesn't matter if you're making armor for a construct, doing so doesn't change the crafting rules.

>>46478560
Size changes are geometric, not linear. Medium -> Large is x2, Medium -> Huge is x4, Medium -> Gargantuan is x8, etc.

The masterwork component is a separate component and only ever costs 150gp for armor or shields.

You're better off with plain AC. Give it a bunch of cheap items as well - a +1 Amulet of Natural Armor, a +1 Ring of Protection, a +1 Cloak of Resistance, etc.
>>
>>46478559
>you still need flexible leather for joints, fucktard
>he doesn't know what articulation is
>he tries to call other people fucktards
lmaooooo how's it going being the family disappointment
>>
File: 1383863490241.jpg (339 KB, 710x508) Image search: [Google]
1383863490241.jpg
339 KB, 710x508
>>46478531
>>46478425

It's metallurgical discussions like this that make me wonder what would happen if you alloy steel with mithral or adamantine.
>>
>>46478650
glaucite, duh, already says so
>>
>>46478162
You have to admit, you're helping anon's point: that's about as far as gay warlock can get from "objectify and masturbate to women"!
>>
>>46474335
So where do we go to really make "her" look like a total cunt in a more official capacity?
>>
>>46478673

The thing that confuses me about glaucite is how it's described as being the material of choice for starship hulls and superstructures, but lacks any sort of quality that would make it desirable for weapons or armor.

What qualities does the adamantine give to the iron? Does glaucite have exceptional thermal conduction for the long voyages through space, does it have exceptional compression strength?

Part of me wants to admit glaucite lacks useful qualities because Paizo knew that if Glaucite was valuable the party would spend half the AP stripping apart any glaucite structures they find for crazy gold.
>>
>>46478509
Exactly. The point of an arranged marriage for a prince is political alliances, and a high-level adventurer is basically a small country in terms of capability.
>>
>>46478793
You don't? I mean, why not just not be a jerk and don't do things based off of unconfirmed rumors. You don't like someone or their opinions, that's fine, but going out of your way to try to and harass them is stupid and childish.
>>
>>46478437
Oh, that's easy, then.
>Aegis girls who only wear the skintight form of their suit and almost nothing else
>>
>>46478800
>Part of me wants to admit glaucite lacks useful qualities because Paizo knew that if Glaucite was valuable the party would spend half the AP stripping apart any glaucite structures they find for crazy gold.

That's exactly it. It's literally designed to make adamantine-strong walls without giving PCs loot.
>>
>>46478800
Maybe it's like steel but doesn't vacuum-weld to itself, so it makes maintenance in space much easier.
>>
>>46478850
>but doesn't vacuum-weld to itself
Every metal does that with any other metal. That is a property of metal in space.
>>
>>46478800
your spoiler bit is exactly what happened, most likely.

glaucite has NOTHING going for it as a structural, weapon or armor material.

There's NO. FUCKING. REASON. THAT. ANYONE. WOULD. MAKE. LONG. RANGE. STAR. SHIPS. OUT. OF. SOMETHING. AS. HEAVY. AND. AS. WEAK. AS. FUCKING. STEEL.

This means it received the crossbow nerf treatment, as if it was an Elemental Shaman in Wrath of Draenor.
>>
>>46478872
>magic metal though

>>46478847
That's also why there's no listed price.
>>
File: 1436138377887.png (66 KB, 296x285) Image search: [Google]
1436138377887.png
66 KB, 296x285
>>46478650

>Alloy mithral with steel
>Create room-temperature superconductor

Alloys are weird.
>>
>>46478839
While I normally agree with you, is not what "she" is doing EXACTLY THAT?

What is complaining and using whatever 'following'/influence one may have to condemn something they don't like in a more "official" capacity if not dickish harassment?
>>
>>46478895
It's nonmagical.
>>
>>46478895
>magic metal though

Skymetals were created by people who explicitly rejected magic and embraced technology, there is nothing magical about it.
>>
>>46478872
Fuckin' wizards, man.
>>
>>46478933
>science metal though
>>
>>46478843
... I'm going to regret saying this...

But uh...

The skin-form Aegis field combines with armor and all that. It's what you use to ensure you CAN wear armor or pilot mechs.

You may want to bury this information or prepare misinformation to better ensure hot young female aegii are running around in nothing but a semi-transparent forcefield.
>>
>>46478962
Science says all metals do that or they're not actual metals.
>>
>>46478964
>The skin-form Aegis field combines with armor and all that. It's what you use to ensure you CAN wear armor or pilot mechs.

So the Astral Skin is a plugsuit?
>>
>>46478916
>>46478933
You're assuming two things:
A, that Paizo has any idea that vacuum welding is a thing. They probably don't. They clearly have no idea how space works in the slightest, a cursory glance at Golarion's topography and the existence of not one but three human-safe planets orbiting the same star that haven't simply smashed into each other proves that.
B, Adamantine and mithral, among other fantasy metals, are fantasy metals, and there's no reason why they should or shouldn't conform to IRL physics.
>>
>>46478979
A what?

>>46478989
>hurrr physics doesn't real because it's inconvenient
Fuck off.
>>
>>46479002
>A what?

Those skintight suits they were in Evangelion, they're designed to interface with the Eva while providing full range of motion.
>>
>>46478989

Fantasy metal =/= magical metal, these things have obvious properties and we're just trying to figure out what they are.
>>
>>46478989
>B, Adamantine and mithral, among other fantasy metals, conform to IRL standards. They are fantasy metals, there's no reason why they should or shouldn't conform to IRL physics.
Had to rephrase that.

>>46479002
You are aware that Golarion physics explicitly doesn't match ours, right? The Sun isn't even a star by our standards, it's hot because of a Positive Energy Plane portal in the center of it, not nuclear fusion. Atmospheric pressure is generally irrelevant. Getting the bends from diving flatly isn't a thing.

Oh, and magic is literally everywhere all the time, and a wide variety of 'mundane' things have functions that would be magical to us. Most alchemical items are like that.

So, yeah, ignoring physics when it's convenient is a thing. It's basically what makes fantasy, fantasy.
>>
how does the alchemist discovery doppleganger simulacrum work? what are the stats on the bodies you make?

me and my group have three theories

>Since it builds off a discovery that works like lesser simulacrum, it's a body like that with no abilities
>Since the text says "The alchemist learns how to create a ~simulacrum~" with that last word in itallics, it works like the standard version of the spell and you DO get abilities but still half level
>Because the alchemist is putting his conscious into the body instead of it being a simulacrum of something living that moves on it's own, he gets his full progression of metal abilities
>>
>>46478511
Elaborate a bit for those of us that don't into Shadowrun, could ya?
>>
>>46477649
Can confirm, Renly Is boss
>>
>>46479056
What is defined as magical in Golarion is not what would be defined as magical IRL, is my point. Look at, like. Half of the list of alchemical items. Sure, we could duplicate them IRL using our knowledge of actual chemistry - but they wouldn't be made from what they're made from in Golarion, so it's still magic in that it's impossible for us to do what Golarion's alchemists do in the same way they do it.

Frankly, an item being magic just means its properties are suppressed in an AMF, it can be dispelled, and it has an aura. That's really where the line is drawn - and artifacts don't always even follow those rules.
>>
>>46478979
Can be. More likely it's like the warcaster powerfields in Warmachine, or Samus' suit's forcefield (which provides the majority of her protection, much less so the armor beneath it).

If you want to optimize an Aegis, you generally use this mode combined with magic armor; the DR and AC customizations use up a lot of points that you'd not need to use if you just wore something, after all.

Currently it seems you can extend such a psy-field around whatever you're piloting as well!
>>
>>46479120
The skin suit is also way better for dipping.
>>
>>46478915
Unconfirmed rumor. It was posted just so y'all would get out your pitchforks. The expansion is definitely being brigaded to lower review scores which only hurts the people that want to find actual reviews with valid complaints about the product.
>>
File: approve.png (596 KB, 1106x609) Image search: [Google]
approve.png
596 KB, 1106x609
>>46479157
That's certainly one way to put it.
giggity
>>
can I use solar wind/tempest gale maneuvers with splash weapons? What about rays? It's a little ambiguous on if you have to use the assigned weapon groups or not.
>>
>>46479190
>visible nipple
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS
>>
>>46479190
I'll admit, if I was looking at a once-more-highschool-aged clone of my wife wearing one of those, I might start thinking improper creepy thoughts as well.

... Although they'd have very little to do with instrumentality or geofronts.
>>
>>46479219
You don't have to use discipline weapons unless it very specifically says so. You just have to use a ranged weapon, thrown or otherwise - though I should note that most ray effects have their own standard action cost and, as far as I am aware, you can't hold the charge on things like Scorching Ray, though I could be wrong.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.