[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mortal Kombat Thief Quest #15
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: 0 MKK4.png (345 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
0 MKK4.png
345 KB, 960x720
Hello and welcome back to Mortal Kombat Thief Quest, a continuation of Mortal Kombat Konquest.

When we last left our bad-situation-waiting-to-happen hero, he found himself on Shang Tsung's island and face-to-face with the old sorcerer himself. Surprised by the old man's personality, he nonetheless fetched an ancient book, the Tao Te Zhan for him and was thus sent home. Once there, he reunited with his sister and told her the truth about his terrible secret, before spending some time with Skarlet and his new ghostly friend, Minerva.

Thread Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA
Outworld Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78sBDa5yWrs

Past Threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Mortal+Kombat+Konquest

Official Thread Document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PLAW-jnJlb_JDSYtuC2xFzXdLJr1VgyRSRoWRZSXN8Q/edit?usp=sharing

Protagonist: http://pastebin.com/e4tKFPzr

Rules of Kombat: http://pastebin.com/xtgE60XZ

Damashi's Twitter: https://twitter.com/DamashiKonquest

Official Novelization: http://archiveofourown.org/works/6325183/chapters/14492272

Our story continues now!
>>
Cao awakens and finds himself with both a headache and someone in his bed. The morning light creeps through the open window of Ruby's estate. He turns his head and discovers that it is Skarlet, dozing hard after her night of drinking. He didn't have nearly as much as she did, but it seemed to affect her much more potently. Memories flood back into his head, then, of Minerva the ghost and what she wanted him to do: offer Skarlet's body for her to inhabit. He had refused her for a few reasons and she left, saddened by his response.

He shakes his head. What was he to do? He couldn't be certain that it would be for the best, that it would do everything the ghost insisted it would. He looks over at Skarlet. She may not possess complete free will, but she does have a personality and a character of her own. He couldn't be certain that she would have said yes, as she is compelled to obey his orders---but only because he harbors the soul of Shao Kahn.

He lays his head back on the pillows and considers what to do next.

>A) Go see if breakfast is on
>B) Check on Sanra and Hua
>C) Meet with Ruby
>D) Wake Skarlet
>E) Other
>>
>>46434990
>D)
Make sure she gets out of sight.
>B)
>A)
If we can bring the girls breakfast.
>>
>>46434990
>>B) Check on Sanra and Hua
>>D) Wake Skarlet
>>
>>46435176
>>46435385

Cao gently shakes Skarlet's shoulder until she is awake. "My Emperor...?" she mutters, her eyes slowly adjusting to the morning light.

"It's morning. You should probably get out of sight of everyone else."

She nods, a bit grogilly, as she sits up. She realizes she's in bed with Cao, and to his surprise, she blushes a bit. From the drinking, perhaps? "Did you... lay with me?"

"Not like that," he says. "See? I had my clothes on. I just thought you'd be more comfortable on the bed..."

"Oh," she softly says after a moment. She looks away, a strange look on her features. Disappointment? Before he can ask what, she bleeds away. At first he's worried she's going to stain the sheets, but the blood drips off onto the floor without a trace.

Cao kicks his feet off the bed and stands up, stretching a bit. He walks out of the room and to his sister Sanra's, finding it open. She must already be up. Checking on Hua in the master bedroom, he sees that the house butler is attending to her, making sure she is comfortable. She isn't awake, yet.

Heading downstairs, Cao finds a large breakfast has been set in the dining hall. Part of him feels badly to see such nice food when he spent so much of his childhood in hunger. His disdain for authority and thoughts about those in power not truly deserving it come back, but when his nostrils take in the scent of the food, it's hard not to want to share in it.

Ruby is here, talking with Sanra about something. Their conversation ceases when Cao enters. The hinparian host smiles and invites him to join them both.

>A) Join for breakfast
>B) Converse but do not eat
>C) Head out to town
>D) Make plans to go to Kotal Kahn's palace
>E) Other
>>
>>46435474
>A)
>E) Once we're done bring some breakfast back to the room for Skarlet
>>
>>46435510
Ditto
>>
>>46435510
Yerp
>>
>>46435474
>>D) Make plans to go to Kotal Kahn's palace
Might as well get it over with
>>
>>46435474
>>D) Make plans to go to Kotal Kahn's palace
Let's go talk to Sun Dad
>>
File: Sanra.jpg (117 KB, 1280x1106) Image search: [Google]
Sanra.jpg
117 KB, 1280x1106
>>46435510
>>46435544
>>46435575

Cao sits down to eat. Eggs from the wasteland hawk, bacon from an Outworld hog and milk from... well, he never learned what that's from. Still, it's all delicious.

"Are you heading to the palace today?" Ruby asks Cao.

"I don't know," he admits between bites.

"When I gave my report to Kotal Kahn yesterday, he expressed interest in speaking to you."

Sanra casts her eyes across the table at Cao. He matches her gaze and knows she means that the Emperor wants to talk about him joining his court---and possibly becoming his heir.

He takes a bite and drinks a glass of milk, thinking about the possibility of it. He also wants to speak to the Kahn about becoming an envoy to Earthrealm.

"He hasn't officially summoned you, of course," Ruby goes on to say. "He is giving you all the time you need to be with your sister."

>>46435636
>>46435660

"I'll go in a bit," he says. "Best to get this over with and talk to sun dad."

"What?" Ruby asks, blinking a few times.

"Nothing, a joke," Sanra quickly says. "It's a shorthand on the streets for one of his many titles, the Sun Father, the Fire the Burns the Sun, and so on and so forth..." She laughs nervously.

Ruby shrugs and returns to her food.

>A) Make plans to go to the palace a bit later in the day
>B) Bring Skarlet some breakfast
>C) Talk to Ruby and Sanra some more
>D) Head straight to the palace
>E) Other
>>
>>46435707
>>B) Bring Skarlet some breakfast
>A) Make plans to go to the palace a bit later in the day
>>
>>46435707
>>A) Make plans to go to the palace a bit later in the day
>>B) Bring Skarlet some breakfast
I can't believe we said that out loud
>>
File: skarlet_by_veradia-d931umh.jpg (139 KB, 800x1160) Image search: [Google]
skarlet_by_veradia-d931umh.jpg
139 KB, 800x1160
>>46435747
>>46435805

Cao excuses himself and steps out of the room, taking his plate with him, saying that he'd like to eat more alone. Sanra watches him go with a suspicious eye as he heads upstairs.

Upon entering his room, he closes the door and summons up Skarlet. She materializes behind him as he sets the food upon the table. "Eat," he invites.

After a moment of hesitation, she sits down and eats. "Is it good?" he asks.

"Best meal I've had in twenty years," Skarlet replies after a few mouthfuls.

"So you were down there for twenty years... just by yourself? You never left?"

"Sometimes," she says. "Never far, and never above ground. Occasionally a guard would explore the deeper tombs and I would prey upon him for blood to keep myself going. But I suppose this led to rumors, as they eventually stopped exploring. So I had to go and find them."

"You never killed Kotal Kahn?"

"I intended to save that for you," she says, looking into his eyes. "The pretender to the throne only derserves death by your hand."

>A) Leave to let her eat
>B) Ask her how she would feel about you becoming the heir to the empire
>C) Talk to her some more about what she would like to eat and drink with her new freedom from the sanctum
>D) Tell her you don't plan on killing Kotal Kahn
>E) Other
>>
>>46436019
>>C) Talk to her some more about what she would like to eat and drink with her new freedom from the sanctum
>>E) Other
Bring up how she seemed disappointed about us not doing anything last night. We could give her a kiss or a hug or something... I remember her saying something about liking the physical contact
>>
>>46436019
>B) Ask her how she would feel about you becoming the heir to the empire
>>
File: skarlet_by_fiorique-d3lf67q.jpg (115 KB, 836x830) Image search: [Google]
skarlet_by_fiorique-d3lf67q.jpg
115 KB, 836x830
>>46436089
>>46436225

"What else would you like to try now that you're out? Anything to eat or drink, in specific?"

"New things," she says after a moment of thought. "I rather like the sensations they bring. Physical pleasures like touch... these are also things I have missed."

He tilts his head a bit upon hearing those last words. "If you don't mind me asking, were you disappointed this morning? When you asked me about last night?"

She looks at him. "I did not mean to offend."

"No, that's not it at all. I'm just wondering why."

She takes a moment to consider her words before speaking. "I was made from the blood of many persons, but chiefly among them were edenian warriors. The Emperor made me of their blood because of their grace, deadly skills, and beauty." She blinks and looks at him. "Am I not beautiful?"

He's a bit stunned at the question. "Well, of course you are..."

"Then do you not desire me?"

He finds himself growing a bit nervous. "Hey, it's not like that, but..."

"Or do you prefer something else, instead? The saurian woman seemed to your liking." She is trying to sound calm and detatched, but is that jealousy he hears laced within her words?

>A) Ask if she was jealous of Khameleon
>B) Tell her you don't want to talk about this now
>C) Tell her you are interested in her physically
>D) Leave the room
>E) Other
>>
>>46436725
>>C) Tell her you are interested in her physically
I like both of you for different reasons?
>>
>>46436725
>C) Tell her you are interested in her physically
>E) Explain that a lot was going on and the thought didn't cross your mind
I also feel like Cao is still getting over his gf for all of a week
>>
>>46436725
>A) Ask if she was jealous of Khameleon
>>
>>46436883
Cao dealt with his gf leaving by having sex with another woman immediately. He doesn't know how to handle these kinds of situations. Street rat
>>
>>46436881
>>46436883
>>46436980

"No, no, not at all, you're perfectly to my liking," Cao insists. "It's just... I mean, the thought didn't cross my mind because of you, I've just been... preoccupied with many things."

He sits back and can't help but think of Nitara. "While I was away, when you were retrieving the Portal Stone, I was with someone else. She was nice... I guess I just miss her, is all. But she's gone now, to another realm."

"And what of the saurian?"

"I wasn't even sure I wanted her," Cao replies. "She was attractive, sure, I was just being playful, making a joke, and she was a bit more serious than I thought. She drugged me up with something, I don't know what."

As Skarlet looks on, he stands up and walks away. "To be honest, I don't know how to handle these situations I keep finding myself in." He looks back. "I mean, that's kind of what I think about when I see you. I don't know what to make of you. Out of nowhere my life takes this big turn and you're part of it, and on top of everything else you'll do whatever I say. I'm not used to having someone like that in my life."

"Do you want me to leave?" she asks. "I could return to guarding your sanctum below the palace if that would please you more."

>A) No, I don't want you to leave
>B) What do you want to do?
>C) See how she would react to a hug
>D) End the conversation for now and leave the room
>E) Other
>>
>>46436980
He was raped
>>
>>46437084
>B) What do you want to do?
>>46437084
>>
>>46437084
>C) See how she would react to a hug
>A) No I don't want you to leave
>>
>>46437084
>>B) What do you want to do?
>>C) See how she would react to a hug
I need to knooow
>>
>>46437169
I'm actually gonna add
>>A) No I don't want you to leave
Cause I really don't want her to leave
>>
>>46437157
>>46437164
>>46437169
>>46437228

"No, I don't want you to leave. You've been a great help to me, and to my sisters; that means a lot to me." He walks over to her and places a hand on her shoulder. "Thank you, Skarlet."

She rises to her feet and he gives her a hug. Startled, she slowly returns it, holding him close to her. "Anything for my Emperor," she whispers, closing her eyes and hugging him tightly.

He looks up at her as she peers down at him. She slowly reaches up to put a hand on his cheek before slowly leaning down, her lips parting ever so slightly to---

The door opens and Skarlet immediately turns into blood in his arms, splashing him a bit as she soaks into the carpet. Sanra walks in and gives him a strange look. "What?" she asks.

"Knocking is polite," he deadpans.

"I wanted to know what you were up to." She looks at the empty plate. "You really just wanted to eat alone?"

>A) Tell her yes and leave
>B) Introduce her to Skarlet
>C) Ask to be left alone
>D) Say that you are uncomfortable eating in front of others
>E) Other
>>
>>46437389
>B) Introduce her to Skarlet
We're already at the point of full disclosure with Sanra. May as well be thorough and show off who was protecting her while Cao was away.
>>
>>46437389
>>B) Introduce her to Skarlet
I thought we told her EVERYTHING. She probably knows about skarlet
>>
>>46437389
>E) you seemed like you were getting along well with ruby I didn't want to interrupt
Skarlet does not need to be introduced to our lesbian sister who will obviously NTR Cao
>>
>>46437389
>>B) Introduce her to Skarlet
Ayyy, check out my sweet blood lady
>>
>>46437429
>>46437494
>>46437554

Cao looks over at Sanra. "You remember that girl I told you about? The one who actually guided you out of the hive?"

"Skarlet, right?"

Cao looks to his side. "You can come out now. She knows."

Skarlet rises from the floor to Sanra's amazement. "Is she... made out of blood?"

"So are you," Skarlet replies with a cocked eyebrow.

"That's not---Cao, she's your servant?" she says, walking into the room to look at her. "She does whatever you say?"

"Yes," he nods.

Sanra, as tall as Skarlet is, looks her up and down. "She's very beautiful," Sanra says. "I've never seen red hair like that before. She looks like a warrior." Something suddenly occurs to her. "Wait. The blood you gave to Hua...?"

"Came from her, yes."

She looks Skarlet in the eyes and smiles. "Thank you for that, and for getting me and my sister out of that hive."

"It is what would have been expected of me," she replies nonchalantly.

Experimentally, Sanra pokes Skarlet's arm, expecting to bring back a bloody finger, but the blood construct is currently solid. "Would she listen to me, too?"

"I listen only to Cao," Skarlet insists. But then her expression softens a bit as she turns to him and adds, "Unless he bids otherwise..."

>A) Tell her to accept Sanra's orders as well
>B) Keep Skarlet solely in your service
>C) Send Skarlet away for now and leave with Sanra
>D) Ask Sanra what she would do with Skarlet in her service
>E) Other
>>
>>46437687
>A) Tell her to accept Sanra's orders as well
>D) Ask Sanra what she would do with Skarlet in her service
An order from big sister is an order from the Emperor.
>>
>>46437687
>>A) Tell her to accept Sanra's orders as well
She can listen to her if something happens. I trust big sis
>>
>>46437687
>B) Keep Skarlet only in your service
She can get her own damn servant
>>
File: 346342342362.png (2 MB, 941x1325) Image search: [Google]
346342342362.png
2 MB, 941x1325
>>46437750
>>46437757

"An order from my sister is an order from me," he tells her. "I trust her."

Sanra beams, excited at the possibilities. "Stand on one foot!"

Skarlet does so, begrudgingly.

"Come on now," he says to his sister, placing his hand on Skarlet's knee and pushing it back down. "I just said that I trust you."

"I was just seeing," Sanra says. "I promise not to abuse her. But it's exciting, isn't it? A warrior-assassin at our command." She looks back up at Skarlet. "Can you take off your mask?"

Skarlet does so, pulling it down. Sanra looks at her face, focusing on her lips. "I've never seen anyone like her before."

Cao coughs into his hand. "Right, well, we should be going. Skarlet, stay hidden."

She pools back into the ground.

"Heading to the palace?" Sanra asks. "I was going to go if you were. But what about her? Maybe we should leave her here with Hua to protect her."

>A) Leave Skarlet here
>B) Have Skarlet accompany you
>C) Head to the palace
>D) Postpone heading to the palace
>E) Other
>>
>>46438043
>A) Leave Skarlet here
>>
>>46438043
>>A) Leave Skarlet here
We can survive without her
>>
>>46438076
>>46438160

And as for C or D?
>>
>>46438341
Let's roll out and see what bug is up Kotal's butt this time.
>>
>>46438341
>C) Transform and Rollout!
>>
>>46438341
Sorry I meant to say lets go
>>
File: ruby_mkdotr_by_molim-d4n408i.jpg (302 KB, 700x1000) Image search: [Google]
ruby_mkdotr_by_molim-d4n408i.jpg
302 KB, 700x1000
>>46438378
>>46438425
>>46438430

"Skarlet, stay here and watch over our sister, please," Cao says. He doesn't hear a response, but he knows she was listening all the same. He raises his brows at his elder sister and asks, "Shall we?"

She nods and steps back to walk alongside him out of the room, down the stairs, and past Ruby, who is once more clad in her traditional hinparian warrior outfit. "Off to see the Kahn?" Ruby asks. They nod. "I shall accompany you. As First Minister, I should be present for such things."

They step out of the estate and Ruby approaches a carriage that is to be pulled by a pair of black horses. Cao and Sanra look at each other, both a bit uncertain about riding in such a thing when they're more accustomed to walking. "I insist," Ruby says upon sensing their unease. "I assure you, it is a very comfortable ride."

>A) Take the carriage
>B) Walk to the palace
>C) Walk alongside the carriage
>D) Ride on top of the carriage
>E) Other
>>
>>46438962
>A) Take the carriage
>>
>>46438962
>A) take the carriage
>>
>>46438962
>A)
>>
>>46438962
>>A) Take the carriage
>>
>>46438962
>D) Ride on top of the carriage - carriage surfing!
>>
>>46438962
....Minerva never came back, did she?
>>
>>46439168
No, and she never will, she's gone forever, crying her ghostly eyes out.
She'll be back don't worry
>>46438997
>>46439068
>>46439072
>>46439078

They both climb into the carriage behind Ruby and sit within the padded, shaded interior. She sits across from them and crosses her legs as the carriage master sets the horses forward with a crack of the reigns.

"Are you looking forward to your meeting with Kotal Kahn?" Ruby asks.

Cao doesn't reply as Sanra shrugs. "We'll see when we get there, I suppose," the younger thief says.

"What do you suppose he means to speak to you about? The war?"

>A) Tell her about the whole 'heir' deal
>B) Stay silent for the ride
>C) "Probably nothing too important."
>D) Repeat, "We'll see when we get there."
>E) Other
>>
>>46439221
>D) Repeat, "We'll see when we get there."
>>
>>46439221
>E) Probably some family bonding
>>
>>46439221
>>E) Other
That Kotal is a crazy guy... Let's tell Ruby the story of how we saved two earthrealm girls and one of them happened to be the daughter of the OWEA general or whatever. Maybe we can get Ruby on our side for sending us to earthrealm.
>>
>>46439221
>>D) Repeat, "We'll see when we get there."
Who knows what the kahn is thinking nowadays?
>>
>>46439221
>B)
>>
>>46439269
>>46439290
>>46439294
>>46439320

Cao shrugs. "We'll have to see when we get there, but I'm interested in becoming an envoy to Earthrealm."

"Really? Fascinating," she says, sitting back a bit. "What for?"

"I know some people there. I helped rescue two girls and one of them is the daughter of a general; we spoke for a while about all sorts of things. I'd like to warn them about Onaga's return."

"I'm certain the Emperor would agree about such a necessary message being sent to Earthrealm," Ruby says. "I had no idea you possessed a rapport with an Earthrealm general."

"Sonya Blade," Cao says, "that's her name."

Ruby's brow lifts a bit. "I know her as well, actually. We met after the invasion of Earthrealm. I became very well-acquainted with an ally of hers, Jackson Briggs. In fact, I knew his grandfather as well, when he was much younger."

"How'd that happen?" Cao asks.

"A story for another time," Ruby waves it away. "But I am confident that I can use my position to help sway the Emperor into agreeing with sending you to Earthrealm. I consider it vital that we secure as many allies as possible."

The remainder of the carriage ride is spent only in idle conversation. When they arrive at the palace, Ruby leads them to Kotal Kahn's throne room. The osh-tekk Emperor looks upon Cao as he enters.

"Cao, it is pleasing to see you. I was told you had been taken by a portal to an unknown place."

"I got back," he replies as Ruby takes her place alongside the Emperor. He and Sanra stand in front of Kotal Kahn.

"And where did you go, exactly?" Kotal asks.

>A) Shang Tsung's island
>B) Lie; Somewhere else in Outworld
>C) Lie; a strange new realm
>D) Deflect the question
>E) Other
>>
>>46439487
>A) Shang Tsung's island
Why lie, not like we work for him
>>
>>46439487
>A) Shang Tsung's island
>>
>>46439487
>A) Shang Tsung's island
Old, ruined and relatively abandoned. I was lucky to find a return portal.
>>
>>46439487
>B)
Were not sure
>>
>>46439535
I'm fine with this, don't mention Shang himself, just say we found a portal back
>>
File: tower2.png (302 KB, 318x819) Image search: [Google]
tower2.png
302 KB, 318x819
>>46439520
>>46439526
>>46439535

"I found myself on Shang Tsung's island," Cao says, surprising Kotal. "Surprised?"

"Not surprising that it still exists, but curious that you found your way upon it. How did you return?"

"Everything was old, ruined and abandonned, but I found a magical artifact that allowed me to come back," Cao replies, not lying so much as omitting parts of the truth. "I could not bring it with me, but here I am."

"Well, I am glad you are returned," Kotal nods. "As I am that D'Vorah was brought to justice and that your sister still lives. I am certain that Ruby has already told you, but she will succeed D'Vorah as my First Minister."

Ruby bows her head as the Emperor rises and steps off his throne. He walks to a nearby open balcony and looks upon the city from it. "I have sent word to all of my nobles and done what I can, for the moment, to prepare for the inevitable struggle to remain in control of Outworld in the light of Onaga's return. But there are still things to be done."

>A) Ask to become envoys to Earthrealm
>B) Inquire about his prior offer of making you his heir
>C) Let him speak
>D) Ask him what else needs to be done in preparation
>E) Other
>>
>>46439729
>>A) Ask to become envoys to Earthrealm
>>
>>46439729
Hold off on the Earthrealm offer. Let's not sound too eager.
>>
>>46439729
>A
>D
>>
>C)
He's not sending us too Earthrealm after we said we want to escape to there. And I for one do not want to be his heir so he can sell us off too the Shokan and be rid of two problems.
>>
>>46439729
>>A) Ask to become envoys to Earthrealm
>>
>>46439816
Assuming Kotal is resistant:
>Onaga is Outworld's problem.
>No, Onaga's is everyone's problem. You said yourself that he won't stop at Outworld and will go on to conquer all the other realms. There's only one realm with more almighty champions than Outworld, and that's Earthrealm. If anyone can help put Onaga down, it's Earthrealm. ...And Edenia, but that goes without saying.
>>
>>46439840
He'll send Ruby since we just established she has history there.
>>
File: tower.png (451 KB, 478x932) Image search: [Google]
tower.png
451 KB, 478x932
>>46439746
>>46439749
>>46439759
>>46439832

"What else needs to be done?"

"It has been many years since our last war," Kotal says. "King Gorbak's shokan were sent running underground. The centaurians, cursed and driven from their ancestral lands. The forces of Reiko, decimated, and still in hiding."

Kotal turns around. "All three of these forces could return if they pledge themselves to Onaga. There are others, of course, but I am most chiefly concerned with my allies in the last war. I am confident that King Duroc will stand by my side, but the tarkatans have ever been a wild card in the schemes of Outworld. They follow strength, and if Onaga is more powerful than my empire, they may follow him."

"That is assuming they become involved with the war," Ruby says. "They may avoid it entirely unless we bring them into it."

Kotal nods. "Across the sea, we have other allies. Lady Yanake and her people." He folds his arms behind his back and turns. "My ships cannot reach her fast enough. I want to use the Portal Stone to send envoys to her kingdom and secure our allegiance with her; if needed, supporting her kingdom with troops. Her and her people may be the first to fall if Onaga sets his eyes southwards before heading west, to our lands."

"Interesting that you say that," Cao says, looking at Sanra. "I was going to suggest you send us to Earthrealm as envoys."

Kotal looks at Cao. "We spoke of this, once."

"And you still feel the same?"

"The key difference between now and then is that a much greater threat has arisen. Darkness looms on the horizon, and threatens to envelope not only our realm, but all others."
>>
File: ss1.png (744 KB, 540x1078) Image search: [Google]
ss1.png
744 KB, 540x1078
>>46440263

"Precisely why we should go to Earthrealm," Sanra says. "They are the ones who earned Outworld's independence from Shao Kahn."

"Them, and Edenia, this I know," Kotal replies, returning to his throne. As he climbs the steps, he looks back. "But I wonder if you would make the best diplomats."

"I know General Blade and her daughter," Cao says. "If I could speak to her, I'm sure she would---"

"That is not what I am concerned with. Ruby knows them as well, as do I. No, what I am concerned with is sending a thief to be my envoy."

Cao narrows his eyes. "You cleared my name, did you not?"

"And I can claim a rose is blue and smells foul; this does not merely make it so by Imperial decree. If I am to trust you with such an important task, I require trust on your end as well, and I know you do not yet trust me."

Cao and Sanra share a look; his elder sister urges him to speak with her eyes.

"And what would I have to do to demonstrate my trust?" Cao asks.

"Join my court," Kotal bids him. "Banish thoughts of escaping to another realm, and dedicate yourself to Outworld: it's people, it's freedom, it's strength." He holds up his hand. "But more than that, I want you to join my house. Become bonded to me in blood."
>>
>>46440292

Ruby looks at the Emperor in surprise. Kotal continues, "You once spoke to me that you would only do as such when you felt as though we would be bonded in spirit as in blood. Onaga is coming. He will destroy everything I have built, every measure I have ever taken to allow the people of Outworld to live safely. You grew up as orphans, thieves, beggars on my streets. For this I condemned you to death, wrongly, for it was due to my actions that you were forced into such a position. But under Onaga, imagine how many more orphans would be made and how many would die. People killed for the slightest act of resistance, then brought back to serve in his undead armies. The Dragon King is not a diplomat, he is a destroyer. He will not rest until all of Outworld, and all other realms, are under his control. I do not wish this to come to pass. I want life, not death, to rule Outworld."

Kotal stands. "I am not asking you to do this for me. I am asking you to do this for Outworld. For our home and its people."

He takes a moment to breathe. "What say you?"

>A) Agree and become his heir
>B) Agree only if he sends you to Earthrealm
>C) Ask him what he would have you do
>D) Deny his offer
>E) Other
>>
>>46440322
Again with the "BE MY SON" angle. Yeesh.
>>
>>46440322
>C
>B
>>
>>46440322
>>D) Deny his offer
I'm getting really fucking sick of him trying to put this on us. I want to help Outworld because it's where we grew up and we have an obligation to help it in it's time of need. If he wants his own heir he can knock somebody up.
>>
>>46440322
>D)
No way. He's going to use his blood magic to overpower our will and force us too serve him. We'll find another way too Earthrealm.
>>
>>46440434
I dont think he would do that. But I really feel like there's no need for the whole heir thing and he just wants to do it over some weird sense of pride.
>>
>>46440322
>A) Agree and become his heir
>>
>>46440499
This has been known to be pretty shady in MKX. Now maybe he was just desperate but I'm not staking our and our sisters future on him.
>>
>>46440322
>A) Agree to become his heir
>>
Would it be so bad to be his kid?
>>
>>46440322
>>
>>46440694
It's more the fact that we would be tied down. We would have more obligations and I feel like the longer we stay around the easier it is for someone to detect shao khan energies in us or for us to go Kahn on accident again.
>>
>>46440761

>"Hey dad, by the way, I'm Shao Kahn."
>"Oh why didn't you say so! I've got, like, three ways to deal with that in the basement. Come on, let's go to a blood ritual. We'll get you set straight."
>>
>>46440798
>"All of them involve murdering you."
No way in hell that would end as well as you typed it.
>>
>>46440798
Will we have to go to Pray-the-Khan-Away camp, where we're taught how to be a good Oshtekk son?
>>
>>46440694

>Employs cutthroats and mercs
>Killed our dad
>Killed our mom
>Tried too kill us
>Tried to act like our accomplishments are his doing because it's his fault
>Trust him once and he sent Reptile
>Trusted him again and our sister got kidnapped under his nose
>Probably is going to sell us and Sanra off too the Shokan to secure allies
>Refuses to let us leave for Earthrealm so he can syrup his conscience by making nice
>>
>>46440867
He means well, he just has a lot on his shoulders, and an extreme personality. He could be a fine dad.
>>
>>46440867
I'm with this guy. Fuck Kotal. I wanna go to earthrealm and make the sequel to earth girls are easy.
>>46440915
Not to our family. He can use his big green balls to make his own fucking heir.
>>
>>46440867

Well, when you put it like THAT...
>>
>>46440948
He just want to take responsibility for his mistakes. He seems rather sincere about doing this because of guilt rather than political capital.
>>
File: Erron_Black_Render_3.png (504 KB, 573x671) Image search: [Google]
Erron_Black_Render_3.png
504 KB, 573x671
>>46440867

>Employs cutthroats and mercs

Yeah but to be fair Erron Black is fucking cool as shit man

The rest though you're pretty on point
>>
>>46440985
>He just want to take responsibility for his mistakes.
Only because he realized Cao is very hard to kill and is a major mover and shaker, whether he knows it or not. Kotal had his change of heart after Cao survived his arena execution.
>>
>>46441000
I'm sad we never got to do the Erron Black side quest.
>>
>>46440867
>>Trusted him again and our sister got kidnapped under his nose

Okay but this was honestly more our fault than his, come on now

>We pissed off D'Vorah
>He absolved us of our crimes
>D'Vorah goes on a rampage and takes our sister
>We were busy being raped at the time by a lizard lady

I mean, come on
>>
>>46440867

>Apologized for mom and dad
>Provided shelter and security to Hua and Sanra
>Fed them and clothed them while we were off getting vampire pussy
>Absolved us of our crimes
>Straight-up admits he was wrong about sentencing us to death
>Respects our strength and power
>Wants to do what is best for Outworld
>Admits that he has to make a lot of hard choices and sometimes things slip through the cracks
>Sent Reptile out of misgiven concern, but genuine concern
>>
>>46441094
D'Vorah was missing and unaccounted for. When she suddenly returned and learned that Kotal purged Cao's record, she snapped and kidnapped Hua faster than anyone could react. Never mind that Cao was preoccupied, an entire palace's worth of guards and kombatants couldn't stop D'Vorah's kidnapping.
>>
>>46441000
Meh, guys a filler character. His X-ray was pretty okay.
>>
>>46441175
>Absolved us of our crimes
>Straight-up admits he was wrong about sentencing us to death
Only because Kotal realized too late he can't get rid of Cao.
>>
>>46441223

Yeah but so is fucking Kenshi, he didn't get a chapter either and won literally no fights in the storymode.
>>
>>46441254

I still don't see how this is really a bad thing, man. Like I get the whole "he should have done something better earlier" thing but he was on top and Cao was on bottom. Cao was all but invisible to Kotal until he stole from Kaito.

I say he's more than made up for his mistakes.
>>
>>46441291
No, Kotal knew about Cao for a long while, long before he stole from Kaito.
>>
>>46441291
BUT WHY DO WE NEED TO BECOME HIS SON? It just seems really unnecessary to me. I forgive him and everything but I really don't want to be this guy's fucking kid.
>>
>>46441330
Didn't he say he assumed we died from poverty until we started making too much trouble?
>>
>>46441330

Yeah, but he even said, "What was I supposed to do? The city has a bunch of orphans."

He hoped Cao would fade away like all the others but he didn't. He respects Cao because he fought to get to where he is and hasn't given up.
>>
>>46441265
>he didn't get a chapter either and won literally no fights in the storymode.
Same goes for too many characters in the last 2 games you ask me. Fucking injustice.
>>
>>46440322
>>A) Agree and become his heir
I'm game
>>
>>46441872
Christmas is ruined.
>>
>>46441923
No. Instead of Christmas we have glorious Aztec holidays
>>
>>46441947
So, bloodmas?
>>
>>46441960
Yup. Sun-Bloodmas
>>
File: kotal_kahn_by_yesdanel-d8qffxf.jpg (313 KB, 1024x1453) Image search: [Google]
kotal_kahn_by_yesdanel-d8qffxf.jpg
313 KB, 1024x1453
>>46440381
>>46440386

Ruby steps forth. "My Emperor, is this truly a wise---"

He holds up a hand. "I am speaking to Cao."

The thief looks up at the Kahn, still uncertain of what to make of the offer. "Let's say I agree," he begins, "and I become your heir. Sanra and Hua are as well, correct?"

"Yes."

"What would you have us do?"

"You would be nobles in my court. You would represent me and be part of my line. Lands, titles, servants, wealth---but that is not what you asked. You asked what I would have you do."

He puts his arms behind his back. "I would have you help me secure my allies for the war to come."

"By what? Marriage?"

"That is an option. But not the only one."

"You wouldn't force us to marry?" Sanra asks.

"No." He turns back to his throne. "I do not believe in forcing marriage. It is useful, but it must be mutual. If I must treat my armies as tools for war, I shall not do the same to my children."

Sanra and Cao share a look; the younger sibling still does not know. She decides to ask, "What would our lives be like in the palace?"

"As my heirs, I would train you, teach you, guide you. Prepare you for what is to come. I would give you great tasks to overcome to further not only yourselves but our kingdom."

Ruby feels the need to interrupt again. "This is... much to take in, my Emperor. It would be controversial to the people. But surely a better heir could be sired from your own direct bloodline?"

He closes his eyes. "No. There could not."

Ruby pauses. "You mean...?"

"I cannot have children."

The room falls silent. Kotal Kahn opens his eyes and looks to the ceiling. "If I cannot sire an heir, I wish to choose one."

"Why can you not? If there is something I can do, some potion or---"
>>
File: tumblr_nn49mvpN5A1u7vx57o1_500.png (504 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn49mvpN5A1u7vx57o1_500.png
504 KB, 500x500
>>46442168

He interrupts her. "I have never spoken of this. Blood magik exacts many tolls upon those who misuse it," he tells her. "Sometimes the costs are great and cannot be repaid. In my youth, I made a great error in judgment. I was to be wed to a woman, a forced marriage. It would secure our clan's future with another's. But I refused and escaped with the woman I did love. The family I was due to wed was outraged and cast upon me a curse through blood magik, which I could not undo. My own ritual failed and the gods were cruel on that day. My woman was dead and they took from me the power to further my own line. My house made war upon theirs for this, but it was done. This is also why I do not believe in forcing you to marry."

He looks down at Cao. "I cannot have a son, unless it is a son of my choosing. But I did not choose you to be my son; my own actions and ignorance set us against each other from the day your father was captured."

"I never asked to be your son," Cao says.

"And I never wanted to have one, until I saw what you had become. In the face of my empire bearing down upon you, against all odds, you and your family proved that you had strength. It was my regime that forged you into what you are. When I look upon you, I can nothing but pride. You are a son of Outworld, a child of my empire. You will bring to my empire the strength I have given you and the wisdom I wish to give you, and you will bring the problems of the streets faced by others who were like you to my attention and help guide me to make their lives better. And if you share my blood with me, I would not care if all the people of my empire did not agree: you would be of my blood and that is all that matters."
>>
File: 1439910496008.png (27 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
1439910496008.png
27 KB, 350x500
>>46442197

Cao's eyes trail down. "I don't know if I can accept that responsibility. I'm just a thief."

"No," Kotal shakes his head. "You have never been 'just' a thief. I see this now. So do you." He extends a hand towards him.

"And if I refuse? Does all of this go away? All this talk of being an heir?"

"I would not force you. But I would hope you join me."

Sanra looks at Cao. "What of me? Can I make the choice?"

"What would you choose?" Kotal asks.

Sanra sighs. "I don't know either." She looks at Cao. They are both uncertain, but he knows she would follow him if he took a lead.

>A) Agree
>B) Disagree
>C) Talk more
>D) Ask to think about it
>E) Other
>>
File: 1357179345556.jpg (3 KB, 121x125) Image search: [Google]
1357179345556.jpg
3 KB, 121x125
>>46442168
>>46442197
>Kotal Kahn is sterile
Poor bastard.

>>46442220
>>
>>46442220
>D)
He's manipulating us.
>>
>>46442220
>A) Agree
>>
>>46442220
>>D) Ask to think about it
>>
>>46442220
>>A) Agree
Hell yeah
>>
>>46442220
>>A) Agree
Hello Sun Dad
>>
>>46442257
>>46442287
>>46442481

The room is tense and quiet. Cao looks up at Kotal Kahn and all he can offer the Kahn is an uncertain shrug and the words, "I'm sorry, but I have to think about it."

Kotal sighs, rubbing his eyes in disappointment. He mutters something under his breath. "I understand." He looks back up and decides to take a risk. "Then you may think on it while you are away."

He looks at Sanra before asking, "Away where?"

"Earthrealm."

Cao is taken aback, as are the others. "You'll send us?"

"No. You." He points at Cao. "You shall represent me to Earthrealm."

Ruby takes the opportunity to jump in. "My Emperor, I believe this to be a wise course of action. I believe Cao could make an excellent diplomat if he is properly prepared, but I do not know if he is truly ready at this moment."

"He has never been truly ready," Kotal says. "And yet, look at what he has accomplished. He returned my people's sacred treasure to me. I am the one who failed; my choice to send Reptile after him ensured the rise of Onaga."

He looks back to Cao. "You shall go to Earthrealm and warn them of the Dragon King. Bring them my words of warning, and offer my hand in friendship to defeat this common enemy. I shall remain here and lead my people and prepare them for war."

"What about me?" Sanra asks.

"You shall be with your sister. I believe one sibling should remain with her. She may remain at Ruby's estate for the time being, or she may be moved to the palace. I shall allow you to choose."

>A) Go to Earthrealm
>B) Demand to bring Sanra with you
>C) Hold off on going to Earthrealm
>D) Ask to bring someone else with you
>E) Other
>>
>>46442220
The picture of choice is kinda jarring emotionally.
>>
>>46442781
>>A) Go to Earthrealm
No time to waste then. Onaga isn't going to stop himself
>>
File: 1439908847658.jpg (84 KB, 619x346) Image search: [Google]
1439908847658.jpg
84 KB, 619x346
>>46442812

I thought about using this one
>>
>>46442781
>>A) Go to Earthrealm
gogogogogoogo. I wanna see the girls before the thread ends or something.
>>
>>46442781
>A) Go to Earthrealm
>>
>>46442781
>A)
>>
>>46442840
hey Damashi. I know this is a weird time to ask but were the winners random for the Edenian fighting tournament?
>>
>>46442812
It is. We have disappointed Sun Dad
>>
>>46443021

You mean the one in the Johnny Cage quest? Not entirely, no. I mean, Liu Kang is Liu Kang, but other fights were die-rolled by me.
>>
File: The Portal Stone.jpg (57 KB, 391x417) Image search: [Google]
The Portal Stone.jpg
57 KB, 391x417
>>46442827
>>46442859
>>46442863
>>46442952

"I'll go to Earthrealm," Cao says. "When would I leave?"

Kotal sends for Ruby to fetch a servant to bring him the Portal Stone. He steps down from his throne and approaches Cao. "I can send you immediately. The more time we waste, the stronger Onaga grows."

Sanra is a bit worried. "Are you sure you'll be alright alone in Earthrealm?"

"Well, hopefully I won't be alone," Cao says. "You can send me to General Blade, can't you?"

"I can," he nods. "Outworld and Earthrealm have a special place in which to meet in their realm. I can send you to it."

He places his hand on Cao's shoulder. "And while are away, I would ask you to do as you said you would, and think on what I have said."

"I will," Cao says.

Ruby returns with the Portal Stone. The yellow gem is upon a pillow and she brings it to Kotal Kahn. He grabs it and holds it up.

"My Emperor," Ruby says. "I would ask to accompany Cao."

"I need my First Minister by my side," he says to her.

"But I know the people he is going to see, just as he does. Please, allow me this."

Kotal lowers the stone. "Cao, I once made the mistake of sending someone to ensure your safety. This time, I leave the choice to you."

>A) Take Ruby with you
>B) Go alone
>C) Ask for someone else
>D) Demand your sister come along
>E) Other
>>
>>46443354
>B) Go alone
Kotal needs Ruby's brain to keep things in order in Outworld. Besides, Hua is technically still under observation.
>>
>>46443354
>A) Take Ruby with you
We won't have skarlet, so someone to help would be nice,
>>
>>46443354
>>B) Go alone
Ruby should stay and help Kahn, and look after our sister. (Also take Skarlet with us)
>>
>>46443399
This
>>
>>46443354
>>B) Go alone
>>
>>46443399
>>46443418
>>46443462
>>46443528

"I would rather go alone," Cao says. "Ruby, your brain is better served here with the Kahn, and with my sister. She's still hurt and I would be grateful to you if she remained safe until my return."

Ruby straightens before bowing. "As you wish. I merely desired to offer my diplomatic skills for your journey."

"I understand, thank you, but I seem to get my best work done when I'm alone," Cao tells her. He looks at Sanra. "What about you? No objections?"

"You do what you do," Sanra says. "I'll be here, and I'll make sure nothing goes wrong." She throws in a wink---he knows that Skarlet will be with her, too. He doubts his sister could be safer. And Speelock is there too, the sneaky little bugger.

"Alright then," he says to Kotal. "I'm ready."

Kotal holds out the stone and focuses. A glowing, yellow portal opens up before them. Cao shares a hug with his sister before stepping forth. He closes his eyes and walks into the bright portal, walking through the realms.

He ends up in a dark room. The portal closes behind him. At first, nothing happens, but then a red light on a nearby wall goes off, along with a loud alarm. Several moments later, a door opens and armed men in Special Forces gear charge inside, pointing rifles at him. One of them steps forward a shines a light at him. "Identify yourself!" he shouts.

>A) Cao, from Outworld
>B) I'm here on behalf of Kotal Kahn
>C) Where is General Blade?
>D) I don't want no trouble
>E) Other
>>
>>46443751
>A) Cao, from Outworld
>>
>>46443751
>A) Cao, from Outworld
>>
>>46443751
>>A) Cao, from Outworld
>>B) I'm here on behalf of Kotal Kahn
>>D) I don't want no trouble
You did this on purpose, Damashi....
>>
>>46443751
>>A) Cao, from Outworld
>>B) I'm here on behalf of Kotal Kahn
>>
>>46443793
>>46443802
>>46443815

Cao looks at the lead soldier. "My name is Cao, I'm from Outworld, and I've been sent here by Kotal Kahn."

The soldier lowers his weapon. "Remove any weapons you may have on your person and come with us. Submit to a decontamination process and we will have you be met by an OWEA representative."

>A) Submit to their demands
>B) Keep your weapons
>C) Ask that they come here instead of you going to them
>D) Ask specifically for Sonya Blade or Jackson Briggs by name
>E) Other
>>
>>46443884
>A) Submit to their demands
>>46443884
>D) Ask specifically for Sonya Blade or Jackson Briggs by name
>>
>>46443884
>>D) Ask specifically for Sonya Blade or Jackson Briggs by name
Yo, I know your daughters
>>
>>46443884
>E) Will I get my weapons back after I meet General Sonya or Jackson Briggs?
>>
>>46443884
>A)
>D)
>>
>>46443904
>>46443962
>>46443970

Cao step back a bit. "General Blade, Jackson Briggs, I want to talk to them."

The soldier doesn't budge. "We have procedures. Submit to them and to the decontamination process and we'll have you meet with a representative."

"I know their daughters," Cao tells them. "Cassie and Jacqui."

That does seem to surprise the man. He thinks for a moment and says, "If you comply, I'll send word to Colonel Briggs. General Cage is not on base currently."

"Will I get my weapons back?" Cao asks.

The man clears his throat. "I don't determine that. Please submit to the protocols and we can get you moving."

>A) Submit
>B) Resist
>C) Ask him if Cassie and Jacqui are here
>D) Ask about these protocols
>E) Other
>>
>>46444142
>A) Submit
>>46444142
>>
>>46444142
>A) Submit
>>
>>46444142
>A)
>D)
"So, these protocols, you're not going to use that weird earthrealm magic on me are you?"
>>
>>46444142
>A) Submit
>D) Ask about these protocols
>>
>>46444142
>>D) Ask about these protocols
>A) Submit
>>
>>46444158
>>46444256
>>46444313
>>46444441
>>46444507

"What are you going to do, exactly?"

"Make sure you're safe and not carrying some kind of Outworld disease."

"I bathe, thank you," Cao replies. 'Just not often,' he thinks to himself.

Cao agrees and takes out his knives, sword, tonfas, Kriss, caltrops and other various implements of battle and/or killing and lays them on a nearby table. He is then taken into a chamber where he is alone and covered in some kind of white gas, which the officer explains is the decontaminating procedure. He coughs a bit, but afterwards he is brought out and escorted down a hallway by soldiers.

He is brought into a room and sat at a table. Upon being offered a drink of water, he accepts it. A few minutes later, the doors open and Jackson Briggs walks in, surprised to see the thief.

"Well, I'll be damned. We've been waiting for you, kid. The hell took you so long?"

>A) Immediately tell him that Onaga is back
>B) Greet him
>C) Explain that the device was destroyed
>D) Ask if Cassie and Jacqui are here
>E) Other
>>
>>46444561
>B) Greet him
>>
>>46444561
>B) Greet him
>D) Ask if Cassie and Jacqui are here
The tell him Onaga is back.
>>
>>46444561
>>D) Ask if Cassie and Jacqui are here
Did they say anything about us?
>>
>>46444561
>>A) Immediately tell him that Onaga is back
>>B) Greet him
>>
>>46444561
>C)
>A)
>>
As Jax sits across from him, Cao eagerly shakes his hand, which is more of a gauntlet. He greets him and says, "The device was destroyed. I had to find a new way to Earthrealm, but things have changed since we met."

"Yeah, I was told by the general that you had two sisters to expect."

"Like I said, things changed. I'm working with Kotal Kahn now, I've been sent as his representative."

Jax holds up a hand. "Now, forgive me for asking and possibly for failing to understand Outworld politics, but aren't you a thief? Now you're, what, a diplomat for his Empire?"

"Because things have changed," Cao says a third time. "Long ago, Shao Kahn killed someone named Onaga, the Dragon King, who was the original ruler of Outworld. Shao Kahn took his throne and ruled up until you guys kicked his ass into the dirt."

"Good history lesson," Jax says. "But what does it have to do with anything?"

"Onaga is back," Cao tells him. "The Dragon King is going to try and take over Outworld, and that means you're not going to have another Shao Kahn looking at Earthrealm, you're going to have someone worse."

The colonel's eyes narrow. "How'd he come back?"

"You know Reptile?"

"Oh, don't even tell me," Jax sighs. "Alright. So what does this Dragon King bring to the table?"

"An army of the dead. It's said that his heart allows him to resurrect dead warriors to serve him."

"Had to be undead," Jax mutters as he shakes his head. "Alright. So what did the Kahn send you for?"

"Well, for one, I'm on friendly terms with you. We've met. Two, I get things done."

"So it seems, since we have you to thank for Kano's capture," Jax nods.

"Kotal Kahn wants help. Outworld is going to need help. The Dragon King wanted to merge all realms into one and then merge with them, and there's nothing that says he's changed his mind about it."
>>
>>46444980

Jax sits back. He sighs and takes out a cigar, lighting it and smoking it. Cao remembers Jacqui chastising him for it.

"Are Cassie and Jacqui here?" he asks.

"They are. Training. We're underground, they're on the base above us."

"Could I see them?"

The soldier cocks a brow. "Maybe."

>A) Explain more about the Dragon King
>B) Talk about Kotal Kahn's need for help
>C) Ask where General Blade/Cage is
>D) Ask for a cigar
>E) Other
>>
>>46445005
>B) Talk about Kotal Kahn's need for help
>>
>>46445005
>>A) Explain more about the Dragon King
>>B) Talk about Kotal Kahn's need for help
>>D) Ask for a cigar
It'll get us in good with him, trust me.
>>
>>46445005
>>
>>46445068
Ditto, as a cigar man myself I can vouch for this.
>>
>>46445041
>>46445068
>>46445083
>>46445227

"Kotal Kahn is trying to assemble the kingdoms of Outworld to preprare for the Dragon King. I was there when Reptile became the vessel for the reborn Onaga, so trust me when I say that the threat is very real."

"How long do we have?" Jax asks.

"He's across the sea from Z'unkahrah at the moment. We don't know when or where he'll move next."

"Hm. We'll have to report this up," he says, taking a puff.

"Where is the general?"

"In Washington D.C. delivering a report to the President."

Cao nods. "Say, can I have one of those?"

Amused, the man takes a cigar out of his pocket, lights it and hands it over. Cao puts it to his lips.

Having never really smoked before, Cao coughs and Jax laughs a bit. "You get used to it," he says as he takes it back and puts it out. "How long were you planning to stay?"

"Well I'll be expected back, but I was hoping to see some old friends."

Jax nods. "I can arrange that. In fact, we're expecting a special guest of our own; maybe you'll get to meet him when he rolls in. Is there anything else you wanted to tell us?"

Cao leans forward a bit. "Well, I do have some perspective on how big of a threat Onaga is. Shao Kahn killed him by poisoning him. Not in a fight."

Jax cocks a brow. "Ah. I see what you're saying. Alright, I'll make a report of this as soon as possible. In the meantime, you want to head up top and see some faces? You are a foreign diplomat, after all." He chuckles at that last bit.

>A) Go see Cassie and Jacqui
>B) Only if they're not busy
>C) Who's the guest you're expecting?
>D) Can we make it a surprise?
>E) Other
>>
>>46445005
>>B) Talk about Kotal Kahn's need for help
>>
>>46445641
>>A) Go see Cassie and Jacqui
>>B) Only if they're not busy
>>
>>46445641
>D) Can we make it a surprise?
>>
>>46445641
>>C) Who's the guest you're expecting?
>A) Go see Cassie and Jacqui
>>
>>46445641
>>C) Who's the guest you're expecting?
>>D) Can we make it a surprise?
"It's not Kaito...is it?"
>>
File: cassieandjacqui.jpg (76 KB, 1273x754) Image search: [Google]
cassieandjacqui.jpg
76 KB, 1273x754
>>46445687
>>46445693
>>46445706
>>46445752

"I'd like to. Do they know I'm here?"

"I didn't even know until I was in the room with you, so they don't either," Jax says.

"Can we keep it that way until I see them?"

"Sure, why not?" He shrugs and sits forward. "If there's nothing else from the Kahn's court that we need to know, then we can head up."

"Dragon King's back, bad news for everyone," Cao says. As Jax stands up and heads for the door, he does as well. "So, who's the special guest? It's not Kaito, is it?"

"Odd question," Jax replies. "No. You know him?"

"We met... once," Cao says, remembering that day, when all of this began.

"No, not Kaito. Grandmaster Sub-Zero of the Lin Kuei clan is coming here to talk to us about something. He prefers face-to-face methods of communication."

Cao's never heard of Sub-Zero nor the Lin Kuei, but is interested about who they are. Jax explains it on the way up and how they are fellow defenders of Earthrealm. He also mentions other groups, like the Shaolin and the Shirai Ryu.

As Cao walks and talks with Jax, they get into a magic box that has buttons. He presses a button and they go up many floors; he is amazed at the power of their magic.

The door opens and they are walk through a military complex until they are outside. They get into one of those 'vehicle' things and drive off to a training area.

Eventually they stop at a tower and Jax takes him to the top. It's an observational tower. He explains that the newly-promoted Sergeant Cage is leading a team of soldiers through a training exercise and that Jacqui is on her squad. He hands Cao a pair of binoculars and he looks through them.

He can see them, out in the field, making their way through an obstacle course that requires teamwork to get through. They're wearing Special Forces uniforms and gear, and both feature new, shorter haircuts.

>A) Stay and watch
>B) Ask if you could get involved
>C) Ask Jax about their training
>D) Go jump in and run up to them
>E) Other
>>
>>46446170
>C) Ask Jax about their training
Poise is the key to diplomacy after all
>>
>>46446196
This
>>
>>46446170
>A)
Be ready to use the thief skills to sneak up on them and surprise them. Tell Jax it's good practice for them.
>>
>>46446196
>>46446363

"What is their training?" Cao asks.

"Just a basic course. Moving, shooting, communicating. They're being evaluated on time and their performance."

Cao watches them run up to a building and prepare to clear it. They stack up on a doorway before breaching and charging inside. He can hear gunshots from blank rounds being fired. In a few minutes, they leave the building, carrying a soldier on a stretcher.

"They're rescuing a wounded soldier. Now they have to make it back to the evac point and radio a way out."

"Don't you have portals?" Cao asks.

"Going through the basics are meant to be basic. If you're out in the field and don't have portals on hand, you need to be able to fall back on other training."

Cao watches as they work together to cross difficult terrain while fending off enemy fighters. "Are they doing a good job?"

"Damn fine," Jax says, lighting up a cigar. Cao looks back at him; he really does have quite a liking for those. Although, he does notice that Jax seems to put them out as often as he lights them.

"And do they fight?"

"We train all of our soldiers in basic combat skills, but the Special Forces take things further. We specialize in all sorts of different things; the Mortal Kombat tournaments helped teach us the importance of hand-to-hand combat. Still, superior firepower always helps."

Cao watches a helicopter fly overhead and land. They load up inside it and take off.

"Where are they going?"

"Back to base for a debriefing and final evaluation of their time. I think they'll do well. My little girl and Sergeant Cage are the two most promising recruits we've ever had." He's obviously quite proud of Jacqui. Cao wonders how he should meet them.

>A) Approach them when they're out of the debriefing
>B) Wait until they're off-duty
>C) Ambush them as a surprise
>D) Ask Jax if he can arrange a special meeting
>E) Other
>>
>>46446574
>>C) Ambush them as a surprise
Call it "Sudden threat response training."
>>
>>46446574
>>
>>46446675
I LIKE IT! Do this, Dam.
>>
>>46446574
>Jax seems to put them out as often as he lights them.
I just want to go on the record saying that Jax is a phenomenal cunt for doing that. Cigars are meant to be enjoyed and to take your time with. Not too mention they are expensive, even the low quality ones.
Also
>C)
Preferably with a good thumb jabbed into the side. If they get mad say they should be ready for anything, being soldiers and all.
>>
>>46446675
Surprising trained military personal while they have guns is always a good idea.
But it sounds fun so why not.
>>46446574
>>
File: cassieandjacqui2.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
cassieandjacqui2.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
>>46446675
>>46446695
>>46446712
>>46446751

Cao smirks to himself. "So they're good, huh? Think they could handle a little 'sudden threat response training'?"

"Meaning what, exactly?" Jax asks, putting the cigar out in his metal hand and flicking it away.

"I'd like to see how well they do when an Outworlder appears out of nowhere and attacks them. You guys train for that, right?"

Jax lights a cigar and smokes for a moment, considering his words. "Could be good training," he admits. "Alright, but be warned: they're gonna kick your teeth in."

He and Cao descend the ladder. He says he'll bring the girls out and personally watch this 'ambush' from a distance. He'll send them out under false pretenses and they won't be suspecting a thing.

"Can I get my gear back?" Cao asks.

"You want to attack them with your sword?"

"Okay, fair enough. Fists only."

Cao waits for a bit. He decides to take part of his clothing and mask his face so they don't know it's him. He's already wearing different armor than when he was hanging out with them.

Sure enough, soon enough Jax drives them both out in a jeep. He's hiding among the trees when he sees them approaching.

"What is this about, anyway?" Jacqui asks.

"Don't know. We kicked ass out there so who knows what your dad's up to." Cassie lets out a yawn and takes out a stick of gum to chew on.

"Think this has something to do with the Lin Kuei coming out here?"

"Can't imagine how it would. Maybe mom's back and has something special planned."

They walk under the tree Cao is hiding in.

>1d100+10 and an action!
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>46447108
Waltz right up behind them all casual then jump, grab them by the shoulders and take them both down.
>>
Rolled 11 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>46447108
Jump out and steal a stick of gum.
>>
Rolled 40 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>46447108
Flying kick from the tree
>>
Rolled 49 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>46447108
Attempt to get a sleeper hold on them.
>>
>>46447170
>>46447172
>>46447177
>>46447211
Nothing above a 50
>>
>>46447170
>>46447172
>>46447177
>>46447211
Or we fall flat on our face and look like an idiot infront of a pair of pretty girls. It's high school all over again!
>>
>>46447245
Thank god Cao never went
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>46447108
Monkey pounce!
>>
>>46447302
Excellent move to end on obviously... Ok boys remember... Cao's moves where he rolls the highest are wrestling moves and Jackie chan moves
>>
>>46447170
>>46447172

Cao shouts like a madman and jumps down from the tree! Both girls hear it and react instantly, jumping and rolling away from where he lands. Cassie turns and sweeps with her leg, taking Cao's feet out from under him, while Jacqui flips back and plants a descending boot on his chest as he falls, planting him flat in the earth.

They both roll away and stand alongside each other as Cao gets up. "Who the hell is this guy?" Jacqui asks.

"Don't know, don't care!" Cassie says, cracking her knuckles. "I've been wanting to punch something since this morning!"

Her fist glows green and she charges!

>>46447177
>>46447211

Cao blocks her green punch and delivers a kick which she also blocks. Jacqui comes in from the side and attempts to tackle him but he flips over her head while dodging another punch from Cassie.

>>46447302

The blonde soldier grits her teeth and goes for Cao with his back behind her, but he jumps up and flips backwards, landing on her back! He manages to get an arm around her neck and takes her down to the dirt!

Jacqui gets up and runs up, intent on freeing her friend from the chokehold!

>1d100 and an action!
>>
>>46447424
Keep body weight on Cassie while throwing a fire dagger at Jacque.
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>46447454
Weird, roll didn't show up. Lemme try again
>>
>>46447424
Jump up into a tree hang on a branch and play keep away by kicking their hands away from you an possibly some face strikes
>>
Rolled 27 (1d100)

>>46447424
Crocodile death roll while holding the choke.
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>46447424
Throw flaming spectral daggers as suppression, while continuing to knock out cassie.
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>46447490
Muh roll
>>
Rolled 84 (1d100)

>>46447424
Throw weight around to keep Cassie between us and Jacquie
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>46447424
Lift Cassie and use her as a shield then push her into Jacqui.
>>
>>46447490
>>46447518
HELL YEAH!
>>46447560
You... I hate you...
>>
>>46447454
>>46447487

Cao continues his hold on Cassie while summoning a flaming dagger and hurling it at Jacqui! The girl brings up her arms to block the blade and shouts, "Magic! He's got magic!"

"Shit," Cassie mutters, struggling to escape from the hold.

>>46447498

As Cao tries to move, Cassie brings up an arm and slams an elbow down---right onto his crotch. Cao shouts in pain as he lets go, allowing her to roll away. "Feel the rage of Cage!" she laughs as she gets up onto her feet. "Works every time."

>>46447502

As both girls try to move in, he waves a hand and launches several flaming spectral daggers at them to keep them at bay while he rolls backwards onto his feet.

>>46447490
>>46447518

Cao then jumps up onto a nearby treebranch. They both run up to him but he swings and kicks them both to the ground as he pulls himself up onto the branch. He leaps to another one as Cassie's fist glows green and she launches a shadow ball that destroys the branch, causing it to splinter and fall.

>>46447543

As Cao leaps to the other branch, he drops down and holds on with just one arm, catching the broken branch in the other! He drops to the ground and wields it like a club, using its weight to carry his strikes. He gets between both of them, splitting them apart, focusing most of his attacks on Cassie.

>>46447560

Jacqui, however, sees her opening and delivers a powerful punch to Cao's back. He shouts and falls to a knee as Cassie kicks away the branch.

He opens his eyes only to see Cassie pointing a gun in his face. She reaches for his mask.

>1d100 and an action!
>Or let her pull away the mask.
>>
>>46447661
>>Or let her pull away the mask.
>>
>>46447661
>>
>>46447661
>>Or let her pull away the mask.
You gotta scream something about your identity really loudly tho while on your knees. Make it look really dramatic
>>
>>46447661
"Surprise! Please don't kill me."
>>
>>46447661
claim diplomatic immunity when she does
>>
File: tumblr_nm5axfuR9V1qiodg3o1_500.gif (820 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nm5axfuR9V1qiodg3o1_500.gif
820 KB, 500x275
>>46447675
>>46447697
>>46447716
>>46447775
>>46447863

She rips away the mask. "Alright gang, let's see who's under---Cao?!"

Both she and Jacqui's expressions are priceless. He smiles as he holds up his hands. "Can I have some of that gum?"

"Cao! What the hell are you doing here, attacking us?" Cassie says as she puts away her gun. Jacqui offers him a hand up.

"A surprise visit and some training," he says.

"Does that mean you're here to stay?" Jacqui asks. "Like General Blade offered?"

"No, just a visit," he says. "I wanted to stay originally, but---"

Cassie curls her hand into a fist and punches him in the arm. "Ow!" he says.

She laughs. "The hell are you thinking, man? I was, like, two seconds away from shooting your ass."

Jacqui falls back and laughs. "And here I was, thinking you were some kind of Outworld assassin or something. Hah!"

Jax comes around the corner. "Not too bad, kid, but I told you they'd win."

"I call that a draw," Cao says with a smile.

Cassie gives him a hug. "You crazy S.O.B. I missed you!" She pulls away but keeps him at arm's length. "Why are you only visiting?"

Jacqui gets up on her feet and walks over and gives him a hug as well. "Next time it won't be just a draw, tough guy," she chides him.

As they walk back to the jeep, Cao begins to explain to them why he's hear and what's been going on. Upon asking again, Cassie hands him a stick of gum. As they drive back to the base they are full of questions and stories of their own of what they've been up to since their parting.

>A) Give them the rundown on the Dragon King
>B) Tell them that you're working with Kotal Kahn
>C) Let them tell you about their training
>D) Hang out with them in the Special Forces rec room
>E) Other
>>
>>46447993
>>A) Give them the rundown on the Dragon King
>>B) Tell them that you're working with Kotal Kahn
>>C) Let them tell you about their training
>>D) Hang out with them in the Special Forces rec room
You aren't even giving a choice here dude
>>
>>46447993
>>A) Give them the rundown on the Dragon King
>>B) Tell them that you're working with Kotal Kahn
>>C) Let them tell you about their training
>>D) Hang out with them in the Special Forces rec room
>>
>>46447993
>A)
They deserve to know
>B)
Just tell them were with him until we decide otherwise
>D)
>>
>>46447993
>A) Give them the rundown on the Dragon King
>C) Let them tell you about their training
>D) Hang out with them in the Special Forces rec room
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 600x706) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 600x706
>damashi left us to watch Wrestlemania 32
>>
>>46448423
Best wrestlemania in a long time.
>>
File: ScreamlolaScream.jpg (82 KB, 705x682) Image search: [Google]
ScreamlolaScream.jpg
82 KB, 705x682
>>46448423
>Waiting for Damashi to post be like
>>
>>46448445
Damashi better make us meet a HHH entrance inspired King of Outworld

Or somethunf
>>
>>46448016
>>46448031
>>46448062
>>46448075

Along the ride there, he tells them about much of what has happened. His journey across the sea (leaving out the juicier details), seeing the return of Onaga, and coming back to Z'unkahrah to participate in Kotal Kahn's court. They ask questions left and right, immensely interested in his fascinating story, while Jax drives them to base.

Cao soon finds himself hanging out with the girls in a Special Forces recreation room, sitting on a couch and drinking an incredible new drink called 'pop'. He relaxes on the couch as the girls sit on either side of him, eventually talking about their own training. Cassie's promotion, Jacqui's new gauntlets courtesy of her father's investment into new weapons research, Cassie learning more about her shadow powers.

"Where'd you learn magic?" Jacqui asks.

"Just something I picked up from a friend," Cao smiles as he creates a green dagger and balances it on one finger.

"Hey, whatever happened to that vampire chick, anyway?" Cassie asks. "Did she fuck off or what?"

"...Yeah," Cao replies, hesitating for a moment. "Yeah, she fucked off."

"Dad's going to be writing up that report on Onaga for a while," Jacqui says. "I wonder how things are going to change around here."

"Think we might be sent in to fight the Dragon King?" Cassie asks. "Man, I wonder if dragons have balls I could punch..."

"The Lin Kuei aren't expected to show up until tomorrow," Jacqui changes the subject. "Are you going to stick around until then?"

"I don't see why not," Cao shrugs.

"Great!" Cassie says. "We could stay up and watch movies and eat all that nasty junkfood they don't have in Outworld."

"Cass, what about our gym plans?"

"Oh, right," Cassie says. "Hey Cao, want to hit the gym?"

>A) What's a gym
>B) Sure
>C) Decline
>D) Stay here and hang out
>E) Other
>>
>>46448687
>A) What's a gym
>B) Sure
>E) Other: "Can Jacqui come with?"
>>
>>46448687
>>A) What's a gym
>>
>>46448687
>>A) What's a gym
>>B) Sure
>>E) Other
"Can we see a moving picture afterwards?"
>>
>>46448687
>E) Other
Why are we hitting Jim? Is he a douche?
>>
File: 1427770137133.gif (4 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
1427770137133.gif
4 KB, 250x242
>>46448733
I want to change my E to this.
>>
>>46448701
Jacqui was the one that brought up gym plans. For all we know a gym is what they call the sex room.
>>
>>46448733
>>46448749
Yeah fuck that jim guy.
>>
"Who's Jim? Why are we hitting him?"

The girls pause before giggling and helping him up. They take him to the gymnasium---and along the way, they explain what it is---before they go to change out of their uniforms into workout attire.

When they return, Cassie takes out her phone and snaps what she refers to as a 'selfie' with her, Jacqui and Cao. She then shows him a 'site' on the phone called Friendships and shows him the photos from their first trip to Outworld. Cao is amazed that his likeness is captured in the small magical picture device.

Once inside the gym, the girls talk about their usual workout routine. Cao has never seen a place like this before but both of them want to pull him in a different direction to show him how to use the equipment.

>A) Lift weights with Cassie
>B) Box with Jacqui
>C) Aerobics with Cassie
>D) Swimming with Jacqui
>E) Other
>>
>>46448901
>D) Swimming with Jacqui

It's good cardio.

>E) Other - Look out for any Jim's
>>
>>46448901
>D) Swimming with Jacqui
If only so that Cassie and Jacqui can teach Cao to swim.
>>
>>46448901
>>A) Lift weights with Cassie
>>
>>46448950
I forgot we are shit with water. Jacqui has large flotation devices attached to her. Truly being Cao is unfair.
>>
>>46448901
We're afraid of water, Unless we want them to teach us how to swim like we're 5, We shouldn't tell them.
>>
>>46448901
>>
>>46448901
>>D) Swimming with Jacqui
>>
Wait if we stole some souls then can't we swim because they could swim?
>>
>>46449094
I think that's something of a sunk cost. Besides, Cao himself has the fear of water.
>>
In lieu of a tie, I'll change >>46448950 to lifting weights with Cassie. We get to watch her do some SQUATZ.
>>
>>46448930
>>46448950
>>46449079

Jacqui offers to take Cao swimming, but he politely declines. Even though he can see the pool and the water is clear, he makes his excuse and goes to lift weight with Cassie. Jacqui shrugs and follows.

>>46448954
>>46449007
>>46449072

While lifting, Cassie gives him pointers. He starts off with smaller weights. He's never dedicatingly lifted before in his life---he's more used to running than strength training.

Jacqui spots Cassie as she bench-presses. The girls switch off, trading places, quickly working up a sweat as Cao watches. He swallows a bit as he watches their muscles work beneath their skin as their clothes fit tightly onto their bodies. They offer to spot him and he follows their lead, but cannot do too many reps, not used to lifting like this.

"That's alright, you'll work up to it," Cassie says.

"What's next?" Jacqui asks.

>A) Boxing
>B) Running
>C) Pull-Ups
>D) Ask to learn how to swim
>E) Other
>>
>>46449219
>>
>>46449219
>B) Running
Can always be faster.
>>
>>46449219
>>B) Running
If only to see Jacquis heaving breasts... Oh and to show off too i guess.
Damashi use the picture
>>
>>46449219
Cassie and Jacqui have an excuse to see Cao in swim trunks, and Cao gets over a crippling fear of his.
>>
>>46449219
>>B) Running
>>
>>46449219
>B)
That's something we can do!
>>
But when will Cao compliment one of the girls butts? Imagine Cao saying something about Cassie's butt and Jac is like "Hey!" and Cao turns around like "What? Oh sorry... You have a nice butt too, Jacqui."
>>
>>46449235
>>46449248
>>46449309
>>46449310

Cao suggests running. Both girls eagerly take him up on the challenge, heading to an indoor track. They race, with Jacqui taking third, and Cassie taking only a close second. Cao, a champion runner from his days running from guards, comes in first.

"Not bad," Cassie pants. "If I had used my shadow powers, though, I'd be the one with a gold medal."

"There's a gold medal?" Cao asks, looking around.

Jacqui laughs and slaps his shoulder. "This guy," she chuckles between pants.

They walk back to the gym, with Jacqui grabbing a towel. They take a quick water break.

"So, how's this for a workout compared with Outworld?" Cassie asks.

"Less people trying to stab me," he replies with a smile, drinking from a water bottle.

"Probably less fire, death and general mayhem," Jacqui adds.

"Alright!" Cassie proclaims as she stands up and stretches her legs. "We got time for one more. What'll it be?"

>A) Boxing
>B) Pull-ups
>C) General stretching
>D) Volleyball
>E) Other
>>
>>46449564
>D) Volleyball
>>
>>46449564
>C) General stretching
>>
>>46449564
>>D) Volleyball
>>
>>46449564
>>C) General stretching
I am taking the bait.
>>
>>46449564
>D) Volleyball
Whats a Volleyball?
>>
>>46449564
INB4 Damashi is ending the thread on the next post and Cassie was warning us.
>>46449653
Why do you gotta do me dirty like this my man?
>>
>>46449675
We need an exhibition game to watch so we fully understand the rules. Cassie v Jacqui. To make sure we know what we're doing.
>>
>>46449728
but...uh...Who would be the fourth player? SUPRISE LIN KUEI!
>>
>>46449749
Why do we have to play doubles? why not just take in the sights? Learn the proper volleyball form.
>>
File: 1456276403161.jpg (141 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
1456276403161.jpg
141 KB, 1191x670
>>46449587
>>46449595
>>46449653

Cao sits back and watches Cassie and Jacqui play a friendly game of volleyball. The girls hit and knock the ball around in a variety of moves, though he's a bit more preoccupied with their movements---especially when they jump up and down. Eventually they invite him to join and he plays on Jacqui's team, as Cassie uses her shadow powers to play for two by speeding up her movements. It seems like cheating, but hey, it's just a friendly game.

Afterwards they split up and head to the showers. Cao meets up with them on the other side (after taking a longer amount of time to figure out how to work the showerheads) and they head back to the rec room.

The girls plan on ordering food from the on-post delivery service. Jacqui pours over the menu while Cassie finds movies to watch. As they do, Jax comes in.

"Showing our guest a good time?" he asks. They nod and he says, "Well good, because someone caught word and is headed our way."

"What? Who?" Cassie asks.

"Mr. Cage Senior," Jax says, trying not to sound too 'thrilled'.

"Dad's coming here?" Cassie asks, excited. "Awesome! Why?"

He points at Cao. "Our guest here. Johnny's connection with the Secretary of Defense allowed him to hear about our Outworlder, as much as we tried keeping it a secret."

"Dad's got friends in high places," Cassie whispers to Cao.

"Sit tight in here. I'll bring him in when he arrives." Jax leaves and the girls resume sitting on the couch with Cao.

>A) Chill and watch a movie
>B) Play pool
>C) Throw darts
>D) Eat food
>E) Other
>>
>>46449845
>>A) Chill and watch a movie
>>D) Eat food
CAGE MOVIE! CAGE MOVIE! CAGE MOVIE! Aladdin also works.
>>
>>46449845
>B) Play pool
This table is not a pool. It has no water. This is a table of lies.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.