[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #769: Gun To A Knife Fight Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: 1459611948104.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1459611948104.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46413316
>>
File: 656a6a77de076409a8f0a7f9f18758d7.png (635 KB, 1000x1412) Image search: [Google]
656a6a77de076409a8f0a7f9f18758d7.png
635 KB, 1000x1412
Insomnia is never a good thing, except when it is.
>>
>>46428633
It's not insomnia if your sleeping patterns are screwed already.
>>
Questions to YJ Anon for Fallout 4.

-Any difference between SCIENCE! and regular Fallout's Certified Tech
-Can one import a companion into one of the other options, e.g. Behemoth, Deathclaw, etc, or are those default New Companions.
-The mention of a detective in the perk 'Mysterious Stranger,' is that meant to be a plot hook for Valentine or just flavor?
-If one buys Super Mutant as a race, can they eventually grow to reach Behemoth status?
-If I gave Harold's tree-body mobility, essentially making him an ent-ghoul, and went with his quest's ending of 'help spread plantlife and the Oasis throughout the rest of the Wasteland, how do you imagine he'd show up in the Commonwealth?
>>
>>46428733
I am not YJ annon but... How did you give Harold mobility? His heart and Internal Organs were deep underground. I am not saying you couldn't have done it but I am just very curious how?
>>
>>46428682
Can confirm.

Well, while I'm here, I'd like to hear some opinions on how to handle something in the X-Men jump. I was thinking of having a separate pool of points for purchasing powers, sort of like Manyfist did in the Arrowverse jump. However, I don't know if I should just hand someone free points or make them purchase an perk that gives them points for purchasing points.

On the one hand, I feel uncomfortable just handing someone free powers, but on the other, it also feels wrong to make people pay extra points to be able to buy powers - after all, I doubt most people will go to an X-Men jump and not be a mutant.

So, what do you guys think? Should I just scrap that idea altogether and make it so the powers just cost CP?
>>
File: 41e6d4321a244579235087ac48d024a7.png (935 KB, 1000x1576) Image search: [Google]
41e6d4321a244579235087ac48d024a7.png
935 KB, 1000x1576
>>46428682
I can't argue with that logic.

>>46428921
I don't think a separate pool of points for purchasing powers is necessarily a bad idea. I did something similar with my Ring of Red Jump and building Mecha.

The trick seems to be making one of the backgrounds linked to that power pool. For Example:

Background: Mutant (300 CP), gets Mutant Powers for Free

Perk: Mutant Powers (600 CP or free with Mutant Background) - Gives 600 Mutant Power Points.

That sort of thing. You could even offer it as a discount to Drop-Ins so no one feels railroaded.
>>
>>46428921
I'd say free, given that it's an X-men jump, with a powerless/non-mutant drawback. Continuing on this, I think a design like Arrowverse or Young Justice would work just fine, and that you shouldn't concern yourself too much with it. Up to you, though.
>>
>>46428921
I think it depends how much other stuff/regular perks and gear you are going to have.
Are you expecting that a jumper will want a selection of perks/gear _plus_ a power, or potentially have a jumper dump all their cp on one really awesome power and maybe one or two perks.
>>
>>46428907
Careful psyker-biomancy and copious use of the Geneforge and essence (carefully applied to avoid fucking up his already nutty brain) to shift his organs back up into his and Bob's 'trunk', followed by the injection and control of Imaginos to, along with Wood Release from Naruto, grant the tree a vague set of limbs (which the nanomachines shaped over time to be more dextrous). After that it was hooking up control of the limbs to Harold's... what remained of his CNS.
>>
>>46428921
Right now, I think a better idea would be to either give a certain amount of cp off of the first power you buy, or give a certain amount of cp that can only be spent on powers. There's no real need to set up a separate thing for powers, unless you want to use an alternate point system to balance powers against each other and cp-purchases, such as by giving out a certain amount of points and then making it expensive to purchase more.

However, this is based on the idea that the major focus of the jump with be on mutant abilities. If you can focus attention away from powers and towards perks and items, it would possibly be better as a subsystem with alternate point costs.
>>
>>46428921
What I would suggest is give everyone a certain amount of free CP to purchase powers from the power section
. I think you are right. This is an X men jump everyone is likely to be a mutant. While there are mutants who don't have powers or have incredibly weak meaningless powers that is more a drawback than an option.
>>
>>46428921
>points for purchasing points
Powers. For purchasing powers. Damn, I guess I really should be asleep now.

>>46428992
I hadn't considered that. Doesn't really fit with my original plans, but I do see ways they could fit together.

>>46429085
I don't really know. My standard format for perks is 100-200-400-600, so I'll probably have that and a similar one for items.

>>46429142
>>46429159
Actually, I kind of like this idea. I could give everyone enough points to get a decent power or a couple weaker ones for free, and if they want more or the stronger ones, they can pay for them.
>>
>>46428733
Certified Tech seems to be more slanted towards pre-war tech, while SCIENCE! is for Institute technology.

Default new companions.

Just Flavor.

Yes, given maybe a century or so.

I'm not sure; the ending of that quest seemed to imply that Harold wasn't growing individual trees, but one massive organism that was his body. You might give him his mobility back, only to kill off the rest of his body.
>>
Okay, I am probably retarded. I am completely failing to understand how Side Evolutions in general and the Spirit Warrior Items in the Digimon jump work.

Are the following digivolution lines actually valid? The first is my Digi-Spirits line, the second is for my digimon partner. I assume all Side Evolution purchases are discounted for Drop-In, and that they still get a free partner.

Duskmon > Velgrmon or Mephismon. Velgrmon > Gulfmon or Grand Dracumon. Mephismon > Belphemon: Rage Mode, Gran Kuwagamon, or Metal Seadramon.

Tsubumon > Upamon > Armadimon > Ankylomon > Cyberdramon or Skull Greymon. Cyberdramon > Zeed Millenniumon. Skull Greymon > Millenniumon.

Am I edgy? I feel edgy.
>>
>>46429234
Well, SCIENCE! also allows you to make a few pre-war things, but the focus is mainly on Institute technology. Forgot to mention that.
>>
File: Edg, Edge, and Edgy.jpg (78 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Edg, Edge, and Edgy.jpg
78 KB, 500x375
>>46429246
Yes, you are maximum edge. In all seriousness, I think that works, though I'm surprised you were able to acquire Zeed Millenniumon. I though he was off limits?
>>
Does your persona have to match your personality? If i choose some one fundamentally different to my nature would that still work or no?
>>
>>46429331
You'd assume so at first, but the jump doesn't forbid the guy.

I've never seen anything concrete to back up the Multiversal+ Everything stuff people say about him, so for the sake of having a chain that isn't just "And then we won everything forever" I'm gonna fanwank that he's at regular Mega levels of power.
>>
>>46429246
Looking online, Grand Dracumon can't evolve from Velgrmon. Other than that, assuming you buy a side evolution for each time you split the line(5 times, not including the Grand Dracumon one), you should be fine.
>>
>>46429422
Sounds about right. On that note, other than this>>46429439, you should be set.
>>
>>46429439
Same poster, I accidentally miscounted, it is 4 minus Grand Dracumon.
>>
File: 12f661ff5eeb2f44b08d8f679933c431.png (417 KB, 1250x1036) Image search: [Google]
12f661ff5eeb2f44b08d8f679933c431.png
417 KB, 1250x1036
>>46429391
Personas are made to match your personality by default. They're a representation of your inner traits, the way you tend to think, manifested in the Shadow World.

You /could/ choose a Persona fundamentally different, but it wouldn't be advisable. You'd be fighting part of yourself whenever you tried to summon it, hindering your ability in battle severely. While there most likely won't be any major problems, if your Persona and yourself are too different from each other, things could turn violent. It could not come when you call for it, or attack you instead of your enemies. Hell, it could even detach itself and turn into a full blown Shadow. There's no telling exactly what damage that would do to you on the way out. From there, you'd most likely have to rely on friends to go into the Shadow Realm and defeat your wild Shadow just to let you regain some of yourself again.
>>
Question: how powerful is a fully awakened/evolved Bel? Jump says a "rival to God", but what does that mean for other jumps?
>>
>>46429439
>>46429490
The notes said spirit warriors could side evolve based just on Type, with one of the viable choices for the darkness spirits being demon beasts, which Grand Dracumon is one of.

If the line about following the connected form rules means I still need an evo link, I'll just spare myself the CP.
>>
>>46429619

Presumably this is yet another "not actually omnipotent" god, so...
>>
>>46429619
I have a dumb question but what exactly is this Bel thing I keep hearing about from? and what is it?
>>
Okay, I'm thinking of starting a chain in order to be the ultimate Sixth Ranger.

Problem is I don't know where to start. I mean, Pokemon, duh, but I'm of two minds.

My first thought was to go and take the Drop-in perks. I'd have a bit of fun being the ultimate edgelord for a while, fighting bad guys and good guys alike, then mellow out on my next jump--or mid jump if I ran into a convincing Shounen Hero who could "win my dark heart over to the side of justice."

Being edgy is fun if you don't let it consume you.

Anyway, I got stuck on which pokemon I should end with. Do I go for the edgiest pokemon? Or do I go for synergy, and choose mostly support pokemon since the idea is I'll be competent enough at fighting and have enough guns to function as my team's primary damage dealer.

Or is there another Sixth Ranger idea I'm neglecting?

Another question: If you choose the "Small Town" perk that basically lets you play as the protagonist from X/Y but not necessarily in Kalos, I'm assuming you can't actually take your friends with you without pods, right?

Also, if you do take a companion, do they have to leave all their pokemon behind? Do you need a pod for each of their pokemon? Or is it a package deal?

Also, I know this has been asked before, but I'm asking it again: Companion-heavy jumpers, how do you handle having as many companions as you do given Jumpchain limits?
>>
>>46429705
Ah, in that case, I think it is fine.
>>
Trying out the name for now, seeing how it works out. Anyway, so here's the updated jump with backgrounds, tell me if they're too long, I wanted to convey the history and memories each background had.
>>46429619
>>46429734
>>46429734
Bels at full power are a match for YHVH, who was a level 108 in a setting where the highest level is 99, in a setting where a much weaker demon could wipe out all life on the planet. So there's that, though it will take sometime to reach that insane level of power(Universe busting), I'd say after you get your spark. Now, that may SOUND unfair, to cut the full power until post-Spark but again, a weaker aspect of the Great Will could create and destroy billions of universes, so...
>>46429782
Bel is a perk from the Devil Survivor jump: It essentially allows you to become a demon king, THE demon king, below only Lucifer himself, while also granting immense power.
>>
File: DigitalDevilSagaPart2JumpWIP.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
DigitalDevilSagaPart2JumpWIP.pdf
1 B, 486x500
SHIT SHIT SHIT I FORGOT THE JUMP.
>>
>>46429846
Bud, I think you forgot something.
>>
>>46429619
Well, you're not omnipotent. Shin Megami Tensei's take on YHVH isn't all powerful, just strong enough that he can fake it pretty convincingly. The omnipotent being is the Great Will, the creature that calls itself YHVH just has a small fraction of its power. Still, he's a pretty powerful reality-warper. He's capable of destroying the world and recreating it anew if he has time to marshal his power, so to be considered on the same level as him means you could probably curbstomp a lot of opponents.

>>46429782
Devil Survivor 1. There's a non-discounted 800CP perk that makes you take the place of the game's protagonist, who is the reincarnation of Abel. As in Cain and Abel. "Bel" is an old Babylonian word meaning "master", so the demons that have the syllable "bel" in their name are the most powerful ones, inheritors of the power of the original primordial demon You start out pretty strong, and if you can kill and absorb all the others (Beldr, Jezibel, Bellial, Belzaboul and Belberith) you become as strong as that first demon was.
>>
>>46429574
Well im a hermit by the persona description but i cant think of any good ones for it so i was thinking of going justice.
>>
>>46429865
Never change, you lovable goof.
>>
>>46429866
>>46429878
Everytime, I swear...I'm getting really tired of my own goof ups.
>>
>>46429792
I would answer your first questions but I don't really know.

>Another question: If you choose the "Small Town" perk that basically lets you play as the protagonist from X/Y but not necessarily in Kalos, I'm assuming you can't actually take your friends with you without pods, right?

This is indeed correct, you just have friends there. They stay there when you leave. Technically you aren't even supposed to have your warehouse yet so you can't take them even if you wanted to without fan wanking or taking the return option in your warehouse.

>Also, if you do take a companion, do they have to leave all their pokemon behind? Do you need a pod for each of their pokemon? Or is it a package deal?

They would have to leave their pokemon or you would have to pod each.

>Also, I know this has been asked before, but I'm asking it again: Companion-heavy jumpers, how do you handle having as many companions as you do given Jumpchain limits?

I switch out. Even when I import I give people days off I try and give everyone some time... Except for those that I am married to or have adopted they get to stay out full time. I can't say it's a perfect solution but I try hard to make it work and make sure no one feels left out or neglected. When in doubt stack cooking perks... a good home cooked meal can go a long way towards making people feel appreciated.
>>
File: 0b4ed1b8c8eb8295e42290a10efa5b48.png (229 KB, 1140x1200) Image search: [Google]
0b4ed1b8c8eb8295e42290a10efa5b48.png
229 KB, 1140x1200
>>46429792
To be the Ultimate Sixth Ranger you need:
1. A Ledian and Bisharp Pokemon. If you need to ask why, get out.
2. A Dragon Pokemon in an absolutely killer Luchador Mask.
3. Possibly one of those Sword Pokemon I can't remember the name of.

Drop-In would probably be your best bet if you want to be an utter edge-lord.

The initial Pokemon Jump wasn't really designed with Companions in mind, so just wank something about what happens to their Pokemon when you do. Personally, I'd say they could bring 3 Pokemon and still be counted as a package deal based off a few other Jumps.

As for your last question, that's a very good one. I'd love to know that too. Is there actually some way to step around the 8+pods formula and bring along as many Companions as you damned well want?

>>46429872
Have fun with that.

>>46429865
Nice to know I'm not the only one who does that. You've still got a better track record than myself at least, so cheers. Have some mermaid side-boob.
>>
>>46429234
SCIENCE! is also just a tech perk, while Certified Tech is one of the better Reverse Engineer perks out there.
>>
>>46429957
Yeah, that too.
>>
Been out for a week, what'd I miss?
>>
>>46429949
So it wont be hazardous to my health ?
>>
>>46430011
I never said that. I just don't want to repeat myself when I listed exactly what would happen in >>46429574 . You want to pick a different Persona anyways, have fun with possible psychosis and total personality rejection syndrome.
>>
>>46430011
It would be extremely painful.
>>
>>46430033
Wouldn't taking the perk so that i know who i am perfectly stop that? Or since its not "me" if just realize how wrong i was taking it.
>>
File: DON'T SAY IT-HERE WE GO.png (272 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
DON'T SAY IT-HERE WE GO.png
272 KB, 500x359
>>46430076
>Not you
Anon...
>>
>>46430109
I think ill go through more jumps and change as a person before going to persona itll make it easier on my head.
>>
>>46430076
If you take the perk that causes you to know exactly who you are, then wouldn't you wind up with the Arcana you actually are rather than the one you want to be?
>>
>>46430076
Taking Self-Awareness while having a mismatched Persona is the epitomy of a bad idea. The Poster Child of Bad Ideas. >>46430109 would happen pretty much the moment you stepped into the world. Your Psyche would schism and your Persona would go full Shadow Boss. Then you'd be forced to fight a Shadow without a Persona, so unless you brought some friends or some kickass Powers from others Jumps, it would be pretty much a game over.

Hell, that's assuming you can even affect Shadows with powers from other Jumps. I don't even know if you can.
>>
>>46430137
Character development saves the day!
>>
>>46430142
>Hell, that's assuming you can even affect Shadows with powers from other Jumps. I don't even know if you can.
Try to keep the SMT wank down man. If Yosuke can smack one with a bat, pretty sure the vast arsenal of magic, psionics, tech, physical and even conceptual powers can too.
>>
>>46430076
You'll probably be fine even without it. The jump says that the strain from having a Persona different from your personality is fairly manageable.

>Keep in mind that each Arcana does have its own innate characteristics, not only in the abilities that it can use but also in the type of person which it fits. Choosing an Arcana opposed to your personality may result in occasional difficulty as you and the mask you use come into conflict, but it will rarely be severe.

>>46430109
That only happened because Ameno-Sagiri (and by extension, Izanami) were fucking with the kids' Shadows. Denying your Shadow normally wouldn't cause anything like that. They'd get violent, but they wouldn't turn into giant monsters.
>>
>>46430140
Nah id still have the other arcana i had chosen id just know how fucked i would be?

>>46430142
Would defeating my shadow even acomplish anything? I get the feeling that talking out wouldn't really work in that situation.

>>46430151
Amen brother.
>>
>>46430173
There is apparently some new storm in the human psyche, so I think it would still happen.
>>
>>46430173
Huh that sounds way better than what yoro was saying.
>>
>>46430167
This. SMT gets insane at high levels, not at low levels. Most people with one or two good Jumps under their belt could deal with the average drudge Shadow without too much difficulty.
>>
>>46430167
I should probably just go to bed. I'm just jamming my fingers against the keyboard at this point.

You're right. I exaggerated.
>>
>>46430236
>>46430167
Yeah, the mooks are pretty weak, like even a starter jumper could kill them. Now, try to fight the HIGHER level ones with anything but late game is a good way to get your ass kicked. Hard.
>>
>>46430197
Talking it out might work. Shadows are beings of falsehood, the whole thing about them being the "true self" is just one more of their lies. Not a single one of the Shadows in P4 ever says anything actually real. It's all just superficial analysis of the kids' traits exaggerated out of proportion to make them sound as bad as possible. It wants you to accept its "revelations" as truth, so that you become an empty thing just like it. The reason they turn into monsters when someone shouts "YOU'RE NOT ME!" at them isn't because of some friction between the mask and the truth, it's because the Shadow is freaking the fuck out that its plan isn't working. So if you can convince the Shadow to just give up...maybe then it could work. Talk it out of the giant disco ninja frog stage, convince it that would be pointless, and get it to surrender without all that fuss. Because you're real, and it's not, so it better shut up with its whining and get the fuck back in your brain.
>>
>>46430271
Maybe, maybe not. Persona tends towards a lower level of power than mainline SMT does. It wouldn't be a trivial fight, but neither would you get immediately curbstomped.
>>
>>46430271
Yeah, but that's kind of the appeal of SMT. You get your ass whupped over and over again, barely hanging on for dear life, until you tear a cosmic horror apart with nothing but a pistol, a sword, and the Chief Gods of three separate belief systems.
>>
>>46430301
For the most part I agree, but Nyarlathotep amd Nyx are...Well, they'd be a major problem, I'd say. And there's one drawback that brings in Mem Aleph, YHVH, AND Polaris. So that's a thing.
>>
>>46430294
I feel like you're missing the point of the Shadows. The things they're obsessed with are the actual truth - the parts of the kids that they're refusing to accept about themselves. The reason why they twist it to sound as awful as possible isn't to leave the human empty, but because that's how the humans perceive them - this awful "thing" rather than a healthy part of their psyche that they need to come to terms with.
>>
>>46430343
>>46430294
Or it might be that you can just interpret them in a few different ways much like how the kids can interpret their own shadows in different ways? It ultimately has the same outcome.
>>
>>46430343
No, I'm pretty sure I've got the point down exactly right. Ameno-Sagiri outright tells you "yeah, nothing the Shadows said was real, I just had them say that in hopes you'd give in, wouldn't things be easier if the superficial analysis was the right one?". Did you actually play the game?
>>
>>46430294
Id feel pretty silly if i had to have a shouting match with myself. But there is merit to the idea.
>>
Jumpers, who is the companion that you went to the greatest lengths to get on your team?
>>
>>46430441
Lapis, by nature of her being the only companion which isn't in some way an alternate version of me, an extension of my soul/psyche, or my Parahuman Power.
>>
>>46430410
Not that anon, but I played the game and I don't remember saying any such thing. What I DO remember is him saying "Okay, you humans can't handle the truth, you don't want it, you just want a world of pretty lies, so you know what? I'll give you just that." Hell, the Shadows seem downright GIDDY to be rejected: Shadow Rise practically orgasms when she's rejected, and none of the shadows attack before they're rejected, implying they need to be rejected in order for them to attack. So it seems more like they're trying to attack people's psychological weak points so that they can kill and replace them in the new world order, which means that unlike what you said before, their plan wasn't failing, it was working.
>>
>>46430485
him saying* Bleh.
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (130 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
130 KB, 750x600
>>46429865
>Drop-Ins who have a history in, and memories of, the world
>record screech
>>
>>46430548
I see you did not read the first jump anon, so I'll explain it to you: You are a Drop-In to the SETTING, which is the Junkyard in part 1. Much like Sera, you are not native to this world, have no memories of it, and what not. We discussed this before and during the release of part 1, and everyone else was fine with it.
>>
>>46430007
New/updated jumps posted in the last week(ish):
Viscera Cleanup Detail
Polity
Digital Devil Saga (part 1)
Franken Fran
Assassins Creed
Star Wars (supplement notes)
Fallout 4
Kingdoms Of Amalur - Reckoning
Gundam Anno Domino
Heaven's Lost Property
>>
>>46430485
Well, you're right, there. He is responding to a human desire for superficiality to be true. But that doesn't invalidate what I said, the Shadows are still creatures of falsehood. The things they say aren't true, they're just what we assume to be true. The "accepting what your Shadow says turns you into one" thing, though, Ameno-Sagiri both says that people will be turned into Shadows as they accept the lies and we see it happen with Adachi and Namatame. You may have a point with the doppleganger Shadows, though. Ameno-Sagiri does say that the Shadows are tormented by truth, but that doesn't mean they can't also be happy to be confronted with it. Less of an "oh shit, the plan isn't working, time to kill all the kids" and more of a "yes, the plan isn't working, I get to kill the kids now! Yay!". So they're in pain, but happy because the pain gives them an excuse to kill their original and take their place instead of fuse with them.
>>
>>46430580
I did read the first jump, and "everyone else" was not fine with it.

And it's also bullshit, because (1) the setting is the Digital Devil Saga; the mere fact that the junkyard is "part 1" means it's not the setting, just a part of it; (2) you're certainly not a fucking Drop-In in part 2.
>>
>>46430441
Basically any of the drawback companions because I like having friends around and like free stuff. Of course, this also means I have to work the build around getting buff enough to pull it off, but who can say no to:
-Getting a free coat from Dante
-Having an elder evil dragon napping in your garden
-Being Alucard's third recurring nightmare
-So many rivals that they form a union
-And so on.
>>
>>46430441
I endured Generic Sugar Bowl so I could bring Kamina back from the dead and bring him on adventures with me.
>>
>>46430669
What would you suggest a Drop-In should get as perks and items, if not being modeled on Serph and Sera? DDS isn't exactly a very expansive setting.
>>
>>46430669
Uh, no? You are the first I've seen to complain about it. Go back to when it was first posted, people even asked me about it and I told them what it meant, and they said "Oh, okay." Hell, go back to when I first told anyone about it, and asked if anyone objected. No one did. Not only that, but the Junkyard IS the setting in the first game, and part 2 of the jump just continues that. Besides, as this anon said>>46430717, there is nothing else to base it on. Aside from this, it' s on the drive. It's been accepted. So there's that.
>>
>>46430485
I'm not so sure about that. If they wanted to replace people, wouldn't we have had a Shadow Saki walking around instead of her corpse being found? Seems more likely to me that their seeming glee is just part of their nature as lies. They're really pissed off at what you're doing, denying them, but they have to act happy about it because they're bizarro evil dopplegangers and that means doing things backwards.
>>
>>46430750
there are people here who get REALLY angry about having ANY sort of memories inserted. They'll go Drop In on every jump just so they don't have their mind adulterated in any way.
>>
>>46430768
>Shadow Saki
I..Huh. I actually forgot about her. Well, that theory crashed and burned.
>>
>>46430777
Not him, but what a bunch of pussies.
>>
>>46430717
Being modeled on them is fine, since like them you've been "dropped in"; it's just where you've been dropped in "from" is different. And that's easily fixed in the jump description too - Angel would still be very interested in a mysterious twin to Sera appearing in the simulation, especially if (which could be described in part 2) you also mysteriously materialised in the "real" world next to Sera when she came out of the sim.

>>46430750
I didn't object at the time because I thought you had a plan that didn't involve making Drop-Ins not actually Drop-Ins in part 2. My bad for keeping my mouth shut, I guess.
>>
>>46430421
There are people who don't get into shouting matches with themselves?

>>46430441
The Sisters of Battle. The whole story with them is involved, but I rescued them from a spacehole, got them brainwashed by accident, and became a psyker mostly so I could cure them. Taking care of them was the goal of three of the DLC.

Asriel was also a challenge, but honestly, it's one I enjoyed. Monsters are great and I had a perfect memory and got to make them presents. 10000 friends.

>>46430605
Thank you kindly, oh sweet Anon.
>>
>>46430777
Not much I can do about that. My hands are kind of tied here, due to this setting having enough to make a Jump out of, but not enough to make a proper Drop-In aside from Sera. I even talked about this, how it was a frustrating jump.
>>46430812
>I thought...
You'll forgive me if I'm confused here, Anon. I very clearly stated my intentions, I even went as far as to say "Memories" in the Drop-In section. Seriously, Anon, if you want me to do anything, you've got to tell me ahead of time. I specifically asked if anyone had a problem with it to avoid these kind of problems. So, Anon, if you have an issue or complaint, PLEASE tell me. I want to make this an enjoyable experience for everyone, including you, and I can't do that if you don't talk to me
>>
>>46430844
>My hands are kind of tied here
Not really. Plenty of Drop-in Powersets are BASED on a character without replacing that character or inserting memories.

Gravity Falls, for example. Most of the Drop In Powers are based on Mabel, but you don't replace Mabel, or get Mabel's memories if you drop in. The Kim Possible Drop In Tree isn't even CALLED drop in and it still doesn't tinker with your memories. But the powers are all based off of Ron.

Personally I don't much care, I'm not a drop-in purist, but the only one tying your hands is yourself. Is rewording it or adding a +0cp drawback that says "your mind remains unchanged and you have no non-native memories" really that much worse than having this drama pop up again and again? /jc/ is horrible about letting things go.
>>
>>46430844
Sorry. Lesson learnt about speaking up straight away, I suppose. Fwiw, it seems like a good jump otherwise, I'm just one of those drop-in only jumpers.
>>
>>46430800
So you prefer to be a patchwork onahole?
>>
>>46430441
Yion Green, Biomega/Blame. Since we opted to use our scenario points to fix the megastructure, and we have very strong feelings about allowing people who aren't in their right minds to kill themselves, we took on the burden of recovering Yion's mind the hard way.
>>
>>46430907
If that's how little confidence you have in your own sense of self and how you perceive other backgrounds, I imagine you must have had a very traumatic experience in your childhood.
>>
>>46430907
I prefer to think of it as having well travelled tracts of land.
>>
>>46430923
Would it really surprise you that someone who feels strongly about a game of pretend on the internet might have some trauma? I imagine a lot of us here are broken in some way or another.
>>
>>46430890
>>46430894
Look guys, it's like this: A big part of the game is memories, and how they affect who you are, and this has a much bigger impact than you think. If I just say, "No, you just popped in.", I'd be screwing you over, because the whole thing about the Atma virus is that's it's based off Solar Data/Karma, and you wouldn't have that if you were just dropped in, which would mean when the big guy stepped in, you would have no way of defending yourself. If, IF it really means that much, I can change it, but it'll be a bitch to figure out how to work that in with the lore that is available.
>>
>>46430934
I admit I hadn't thought about it that way until you pointed it out, though up until now I thought most people here seemed fairly reasonable and levelheaded, apart from having varying degrees of the usual autism.
>>
>>46430948
Maybe I'm missing something, but that seems like it would make a rather hardcore drawback.
>>
...Hmm. Wasn't Shaman King supposed to be posted?
>>
>>46430948
>If I just say, "No, you just popped in.", I'd be screwing you over,

Bam, make it a drawback. Then they can't call it a grave, it's the future they chose.

>A big part of the game is memories, and how they affect who you are, and this has a much bigger impact than you think.

I find this whole issue appealingly ironic, since the whole point is that people like >>46430894 are really careful about what memories make up their self.
>>
>>46430923
I had one or two, but it's more I actually like my sense of self/identity that I'd be leery about sticking my brain in a memory blender, ROB-powered or not.

>>46430926
Heh. Touche.

>>46430948
Um... is the Atma virus the thing that allows you to transform into a demon? Because the part 1 Drop-In says you don't have a demon form?
>>
>>46430973
This, actually. I mean, normally I'd be concerned whether it'd be free points for the drop-in purist crowd but so far it only seems to be one guy and if things are as bad as >>46430948 makes them out to be it sounds like its' own basket of suffering.
>>
>>46430973
>>46431010
...That...That could work. I can work with that,
>>46431017
The Atma virus either awakens the Solar Data/Karma within the victim, or it is the Solar Data interacting with the Karma. The lore is...pretty weak on this one. It's why the Archangels and Satan act like they're the ones from SMT II, because they ARE the ones, or at least the data. So whether that was inside of people all along or was added, it's pretty important.
>>46431018
You'd be facing all the enemies without the ability to transform.
>>
>>46431004
SK Anon said next thread. I guess they're polishing things up first.
>>
>>46431017
>Um... is the Atma virus the thing that allows you to transform into a demon? Because the part 1 Drop-In says you don't have a demon form?
The description for Drop In in part 2 says you've been infected with the Atma Virus. So you should get a demon form (and immunity to the Black Sun, that's the really important part) once you leave the Junkyard.
>>
>>46431124
What does that mean for Jumpers who've previously taken immunity perks against viruses, diseases, toxins, etc?
>>
>>46431204
If the wiki is accurate, they'd still be fine, since the Black Sun causes "Cuvier Syndrome" which is the "disease" that petrifies people.
>>
>>46431204
It's not a..literal virus. It just's data. Corrupted Solar data, but data. So it should still affect you.
Speaking of which, after some research to make sure my memory hadn't failed me, I can safely confirm that being a memoryless Drop-In is impossible, because the Solar data is needed, and that carries the demon's memories. So you'd gain memories no matter what happens if you want to be able to transform.
>>
>>46431260
Is transforming that important (I mean, other than just to avoid being petrified, e.g. if you had anti-corruption perks)?
>>
>>46431299
Yeah, I'd say so. You'd be unable to use/learn any magic/skills, and you'd lack the raw power to fight the higher ranking enemies, unless you've already Jumped an SMT jump or enough other jumps. Even then, the bonus bosses would kick your ass, especially since the Demi-Fiend and Satan are considered the hardest JRPG bosses in video game history by many who have played, and are in-universe planet-universe-multiverse(SMT power levels are weird once you get to the big players) busting.
>>
>>46431222
The wiki threw me when it talked about the demons eating each other for their "high concentrations of magnetite". I was like, what, that's one of the most naturally-occurring oxides of iron, it's not like that's rare - but nope, apparently that's what DDS calls its setting's unobtanium.
>>
>>46431343
Not just DDS, SMT in general. Look at Soul Hackers, for example.
>>
>>46431343
Yeah, that was always a bit weird to me. I kind of just assumed since there were millions of demons running around, they had to literally use up like all the magnetite available.
>>
>>46431339
>Jumper stares up at the Demi-Fiend.
>Jumper turns to the MCs, "You can have this one."
>Jumper .oO (and this is why you don't take "Jumper replaces the Protagonist" drawbacks, folks!)
>>
File: True Demon Route.png (201 KB, 540x357) Image search: [Google]
True Demon Route.png
201 KB, 540x357
>>46431371
The funny thing is-he's a titchy Japanese teenager. You'd probably be staring down at him. Size doesn't rally matter in SMT; Lucifer rivals the Great Will and his forms are less imposing than most of the Great Will's avatars.

And you'd still be scared shitless
>>
>>46431371
Yep. Alright, I'm heading off to slumber land, so before I leave, let's go over what we have:
>Drop-Ins usually don't have memories
>However, due to lore, this is impossible, as memories are needed for transformation.
>Even if there were no memories/history, you'd still get your demon form's.
>So, drawback:No memories/history, no transformation.
>Solar Data, and this is important, is the literal demon.
>The demon can take over the weak willed, ala Metatron, Beelzebub, the Archangels, and Satan.
Anything else before I leave?
>>
>>46431411
I'm reading the wiki, and... why is DDS's God being a dick? "You're inflicting so much pain on each other... so rather than protecting the innocent, I'm just going to inflict even more pain on them by turning them and everyone they love into stone via a horrible petrifying sunlight!"

Wot.
>>
>>46431260
> I can safely confirm that being a memoryless Drop-In is impossible
I don't know anything about this setting, so I don't know how retarded this is to ask, but do you suppose you could partition out the memories somehow?
Like, give the jumper access to them, but without having them effect their actual memory? Sortof like an external memory chip or hard drive.

I understand that the memories are important, but Drop Ins are also often the wild card option, so if there were a way to fudge that a bit I think it might be justified.
Or you could always just give the option to not be able to transform, sortof a hard mode, but I don't know how many jumpers would be up for that.
>>
File: image.jpg (272 KB, 673x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
272 KB, 673x1000
>>46428921
X-Men movie franchises really don't have bad ass normals like that of YJ or Arrowverse. So my view on the manner is they probably should get some form of points for free.

Way I would probably do it is take the classification system from the comics. "Beta", "Alpha", "Omega-Potential". Beta is free, Alpha is X amount, and Omega Potential is like 800cp.

The classifications don't actually mean you're Omega Level Mutant just you get more points. Although you could have an option to dump all your points into a single power, to raise the power level.

Take Weather Manipulation for Yxp (Xmen Points).
Beta Level is manipulating weather in small area, and briefly. Cause a lightning strike, or cloud cover.

Alpha level would be a larger area and can create natural disasters like a Tornado with some effort. Instead of lightning you create a localized weak thunderstorm.

Omega Potential has the ability to eventually reach Storm's level. She's able to manipulate weather on massive almost global scale. Multiple tornadoes, with hail, massive thunderstorms with lots of lightning. Able to summon lightning almost instantly.

That's just my crazy ideas. Whatever you decide, it's up to you and I await the jump. X Gonna Give It To Ya!
>>
>>46431445
"God is a dick" is the common uniting theme of the Shin Megami Tensei franchise. It's just how he is, there's no point in questioning it.
>>
>>46431445
Welcome to jRPGs, where villains are reactionary and idiotic.
>>
>>46431445
Because he's lost all patience with humanity. After horrifically torturing and experimenting on telepaths in order to talk to God, they finally succeeded...And proceeded to traumatize and break her emotionally, while she was directly connected to him. He doesn't want to protect the innocent, because to him, no human is innocent, they ALL deserve to die, so He can start over in order to make a less evil mankind. This is actually less dickish then the other versions of him, who are outright egomaniacs.
>>46431446
Solar data works like that in canon, the problem is it has to have something to interact with: Karma. Karma require's an in-universe history/memories, otherwise God would just see you as a blank slate, you HAVE no Karma as far as he's concerned. The hard mode is being considered.
If there's nothing else? Good night, Anons.
>>
>>46431504
requires* Bleh.
>>
>>46431429
As the original complaining anon, I'm happy to take a "no memories/history, no transformation" drawback, so long as it doesn't also neuter prior anti-corruption perks ("no powers from other jumps" could be another drawback, and the truly hardcore/suicidal folks could take both).
>>
>>46431524
Works for me, we have a consensus. Now, for real this time, goodnight all.
>>
>>46431460
>spoiler

Honestly the only good part of the X-Men movie franchise I've yet to see. And by "good" I mean "worth a rewatch" once the novelty of special effects has worn off.
>>
>>46431548
I don't know the first half of First Class where it's about Nazi hunter Magneto and swinging Charlie Xavier is pretty good.
>>
>>46431568
Eh, point. I'm not really sure why First Class started losing my interest towards the end, actually. It definitely has some good moments. Maybe it was because it felt a little like the Charles and Eric Show with almost every other character being basically a caricature for them to snark at.
>>
103. Divinity: Dragon Commander
Perks: Dragon Form, Political Marriage [Lizard Princess], Mass Production (-200)
Dragon Forms: Zephyr Dragon
Dragon Skills: Purifying Flames, Soar(-100), Rejuvanation (-100), Friends with Benefits, Ray of Power (-100), Mass Restoration (-200), Scakles of Steel (-400)
Drawbacks: Drinker (+100)

I wanted to import a companion as my new wife or husband, but the only one I'd really be interested in isn't the marrying type. So, let's go with a sexless marriage to a lizard lawyer and many attempts to woo the imp ambassador into bed. Camilla seems like she'd be down with that and someone with a good understanding of the law and reason can balance out my insanity fairly well. If she learns a little about compassion along the way, well so be it. She'll probably rule if I die somewhere in my chain, because I'm leaving her behind.

So, I'm a superfast jetpack dragon and I can use "This Is, In Fact, My Final Form" to combine all my draconic forms. I am a waterbending living thunder storm at this point. I can use water and lightning and breathe to heal and hurt, and I have access to production capacities and tech far beyond mere nuclear weapons. I've fought more demons and conquered more countries than anyone else currently present. The politics are worse for me than the war, really. Luckily I have all those racial unity perks to get good at engineering functional, diverse societies. It's the person to person interactions that suck. These guys are as self-centered and dickish as expected from politicians. The elves are stuck up hippies, the dwarves are capitalist scum, the imps are only interested in explosions, the humans are boring, and the lizards are egotistical to the extreme. The only thing they all agree on is that I'm in charge. That's good enough, I suppose.

The challenge here is to reconquer the world while only abusing booze.
>>
How buff are the Swords from Devil Survivor 2? Stronger or weaker than the high-end spiritual beings like Metatron, Remiel, Lilith and Beelzebub in the other games?
>>
>>46431504

This is probably too late, but I thought of a few suggestions for alternate options to the memory problem.

1. If it's just the history that's an issue. You could have an option to import your history from a previous Megaten related jump for the purpose of Karma. Like those 'your actions from this related jump carry over' drawbacks that sometimes show up.

2. A time extension drawback/option where you start several years before you normally would as an orphan (with no memories and probably almost no powers) Angel adopted to give Sera a sibling, and then you have to go though and survive the Cyber Shaman experiment without being able to change things or having the guarantee of background survival, with your Karma being what you built up during the pre-Junkyard period of the jump.
>>
>>46430173
>Denying your Shadow normally wouldn't cause anything like that. They'd get violent, but they wouldn't turn into giant monsters.

What about Shadow Labrys?
>>
File: SHAMAN KING JUMP fucking Done.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
SHAMAN KING JUMP fucking Done.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Can someone please put this on the drive?
>>
>>46432891
Hold yer horses, give folks a chance to critique

To clarify, are Reiryoku and Furioku completely separate phenomena? Would having a high quantity of one not have any influence on the other?

Exactly what is an oversoul? It's mentioned in some of the perks but not explained well

This is taking a while to read so-stand by for more comments
>>
>>46432969
>To clarify, are Reiryoku and Furioku completely separate phenomena? Would having a high quantity of one not have any influence on the other?
Furyioku and reiryioku are both "soul-muscle" and the are "soul-muscle" living human and spirit respectively.

>Exactly what is an oversoul? It's mentioned in some of the perks but not explained well
Channeling a spirit through a physical medium, allowing to to affect the physical world. That's where the giant swords come from here
>>
>>46432891
This entire jump feels messy and confusing. Not to mention constant spelling and grammar errors. I seriously don't think this is finalised and really deserves another go over.

You also need to explain the basic terms a lot better given how heavily all the perks and items refer to them. Consider putting the most important stuff like Reiryoku and Oversouls and the like at the start, not hidden at the end amongst many other notes.

>A Dream
For 50cp, that's kinda a lot to give. You need to rewrite the amount of willpower you get.

>Elemental Rock Paper Scissors
What does this actually do?

A lot of the higher cost perks get weirdly meta and often reference other series. The Adeptus Mechanicus perk reference is particularly stupid.

>Shamanic Schools
This whole section is just a mess spelling, grammar and detail wise.

>Misc perks
A lot of these seem to be weirdly priced or just outright bad to have, the last 700 in particular.

Overall, my end opinion of this jump is that it has way more stuff then it needs. A lot of these perks and stuff seem like they could be seriously cut down or condensed into fewer overall so that the jump isn't so confusing and bloated.
>>
>>46432891
Exactly what elemental rock-paper-scissors actually does isn't explained very well.

How does creating artifact spirits actually work? Does it take a lot of spiritual energy or just an effort of communication? Does how powerful/the innate quality of an artifact matter at all e.g. which would be harder, granting an EX Noble Phantasm, the Light of Terra or a Sword of the Cross an artifact spirit?

Traditional Shamanism seems...kinda arbitrary in how far it improves-I'd go with "a great amount" or somesuch. Does it only apply to spiritual practices or magical ones too after the jump? What about techniques where they overlap like Kanka?

Mu-Mumyouyaku-mu: What does it being learned in "Hell" mean? Did your background retroactively study to Hell before your current location if you take this perk? By "supernatural energies" are things considered magic, psychic powers, divinity and reality warping in general covered or just spiritualism?

I presume 2 O'clock shadow refers to physiological strength in general where spirtual powers aren't a thing?

Why is Reishi priced so high for an ability that frankly seems like a drawback?

Tchosenjiraketsu: I feel this could at least use a link to the wiki to figure out exactly what it's capable of

Armor OS: Exactly HOW does it attack and defend?

Tsukumogami: Do spirits become more powerful the more powerful the artifacts they're based on would are? What are the ramifications for a 50 mile spaceship developing its' own spirit?

Minor god/deity needs more clarifications on what elements/concepts are valid, and in general-what they're like
>>
>>46432891
>Artifact spirit creation
Oh. Oh my. This will be fun. Vey fun.
>>
>>46433107
Did you suddenly become Transylvanian Anon?
>>
>>46433131
No, but the potential here is very interesting, especially when combined with all these AI perks lying around.

Also, the anons above are just dumb - most of this stuff is perfectly clear.
>>
>>46432891
I don't understand what the point of "Out of context” medium of choice is.

Also I just found the mystery box, it's kind of random and dumb but that's not really a serious criticism in itself, I'm just kind of bewildered at how out of place it is, but it's actually pretty solid with the exception of the underwear's poorly defined threshold and the kanabo's need for some kind of cap on how far it can grow/shrink. You did mispell "at" in Oni-daiko though. And why does the Mystery Box have a price? Can you not buy anything in it unless you pay the 300 CP charge?

Why does Naka-oni have a question mark at the end?

Okay. I think that's everything.

>>46433131
>Transylvanian Anon

Who?

>>46433148
I disagree.
>>
>>46433148
Yes, we should totally ignore all criticism from several sources because one guy doesn't mind it.
>>
>>46432891
Oh yes, one more thing-didja intend a 600 CP drawback cap or none? The 800 CP drawback's note about "slots" made me wonder.
>>
>>46432891
Oh wow, some of this jump is just plain lazy. You outright go for "Obligatory “you can only use this jump’s powers” drawback". Pretty disappointing honestly. Would've thought Toriko Anon would be a better influence but the jump's barely improved from the quality when it was first posted, just has more words.
>>
>>46433164
You have an opinion, I have an opinion. That's just how it goes
>>
>>46433206
Have to admit, when one side raises a bunch of constructive criticism and valid questions and the other just throws insults, you come off looking pretty silly.
>>
>>46433101
>Exactly what elemental rock-paper-scissors actually does isn't explained very well.
Ok so there was this fight when Ren/Len figured out how to make real lighting out of an Oversoul. An that one where Chocolove came up with using a wind aligned spirit (Pascal Avaff) to basically erode the plants OS of this Patch officer. It basically gives you the start of 'science magic'

>How does creating artifact spirits actually work? Does it take a lot of spiritual energy or just an effort of communication? Does how powerful/the innate quality of an artifact matter at all e.g. which would be harder, granting an EX Noble Phantasm, the Light of Terra or a Sword of the Cross an artifact spirit?
Very hard, at the bottom notes I think, explain that there are a lot of factors including history and raw power. There was this WWII(?) tank whose spirit was stronger than THE Spirit fo Fire Hao had.

>Traditional Shamanism seems...kinda arbitrary in how far it improves-I'd go with "a great amount" or somesuch. Does it only apply to spiritual practices or magical ones too after the jump? What about techniques where they overlap like Kanka?
Pretty much, it's the opposite of the unorthodox perk. Extra power for following old stuff to the letter. As for the arbitrary... JOJO lets you summon steamrollers

>Mu-Mumyouyaku-mu: What does it being learned in "Hell" mean?
Part of the description. You don't actually go to hell. out of jump just extends to most other magic-spirit stuff.
>I presume 2 O'clock shadow refers to physiological strength in general where spirtual powers aren't a thing?
Every other setting has this concept of 'generic life force' that the Naruto jump uses for non-chakra users post jump. Is pretty much the same (will, soul, mana, etc)
>Why is Reishi priced so high for an ability that frankly seems like a drawback?
Well, Hao had it and he managed to convince most everyone in the doomsday brigade to die for him.
>Armor OS: Exactly HOW does it attack and defend?
1/2
>>
>>46430343
>healthy
Not all of them are healthy.
>>
>>46433101
>Armor OS: Exactly HOW does it attack and defend?
Think a small Susnano'o. It's a literal armor out of sprit.
>Tsukumogami: Do spirits become more powerful the more powerful the artifacts they're based on would are? What are the ramifications for a 50 mile spaceship developing its' own spirit?
For one, that it would be HELL to actually OS it. Thing with a spirit tend to become somewhat better/more efficient/stronger/more durable than they should because Supernatural Reasons. As for being able to actually OS it... It might cross into Guren Laggan territory.

>Minor god/deity needs more clarifications on what elements/concepts are valid, and in general-what they're like

OK back to Word
>>
>>46433255
See >>46433063
>>
>>46433162
Transylvania, like, the region? As in "I vould like to suck your blood blegh blegh"?
>>
>>46433255
do spirits count as companions? If you import an especially powerful item will it require a proportionately larger amount of your furyoku? What are some benchmarks for how much furyoku an item from another universe takes?
>>
>>46433219
>>46433255

Alright, thanks for the answers. I'd strongly recommend integrating them into the descriptions or the notes somewhere before calling it finished.

Sorry, you'll have to explain what you mean by "science-magic" to me a little further. Can you eventually apply things like the principles of atomic physics or weird scifi stuff like tractor beams to your spirit techniques or are you simply using a knowledge of physics to enhance the effect of magic?

>Susnano'o

I have literally never read Shaman King so you'll have to excuse my complete ignorance-unless you mean the mythological Japanese deity?

>Guren Laggan territory

Then I would question your wisdom in allowing something potentially more of a curbstomp than the 800 CP perks to be imported for the price of 200 CP in Ghost class then, but then I've honestly no idea about the series to tell whether it actually is that big a deal.

>>46433261
Oh right. Nah, brain fart on my part-I thought you were talking about a specific namefriend/fag I'd yet to hear of.
>>
>>46433297
>Susnano'o
Pretty sure he means the Naruto armor thing.
>>
>>46429846
>>46429865
>>46430750
>>46430844
>>46430948
>>46431055
>>46431260
>>46431339
>>46431429
>Stops being an anon and becomes an arrogant name again.
Why. Now you won't even bother listening to us and will think you're better and above us like the rest.

And can you PLEASE just give this autist an actual "No memories" drawback so I can keep the drop-in origin that gives cool history here? Then anon can get fucked over for being stupid, not get a demon form, and nobody else has to suffer.

Drop-in only people are fucking scum.
>>
>>46433162
>I don't understand what the point of "Out of context” medium of choice is.
Mainly, to get a compatible medium if a companion get s imported as a spirit.
>Also I just found the mystery box, it's kind of random and dumb but that's not really a serious criticism in itself, I'm just kind of bewildered at how out of place it is,
Yep. I thought I had to put at least something oni-related from the manga and if Mark of the Ninja lets you be voice in a head...
As for the price, It was to make up for the free oni form thingy. rechecking now
>Why does Naka-oni have a question mark at the end?
For the life of me I cant find it but it mey be a pdf thing.
>>
>>46433321
Dude, you need to get a spellcheck going on both your posts and your jump. You use a voice to text thing or is english not your first language or something? I understand if it's not, just means you need to put a little extra effort into making things look neat.
>>
>>46432633
There are some of us that WANT the Sera's sibling history, you know. Your two options shit on that. The ACTUAL sibling. Not your adopted shit.
>>
>>46433171
>Oh yes, one more thing-didja intend a 600 CP drawback cap or none? The 800 CP drawback's note about "slots" made me wonder.
Standard 600 point drawback, , 800-pointer being the exception. Not much to worry, with enough time you could figure out some most of the stuff, perks are to give an affinity and a jumpstart of the workings.
>>
>>46432891
What are the drawback limits? jumper must die says it takes all slots but i don't see restrictions anywhere else.
>>
>>46433317
You know, I was just thinking you were just being salty. But seeing how this SK guy is ignoring most posts criticising or asking for clarification, I can kind of see your point.
>>
>>46433317
>you won't even bother listening to us and will think you're better and above us like the rest

This runs on a number of assumptions, all of which are retarded. I mean, that Yorokonde fellow seems decent enough for example.

Personally I'm indifferent to names as a concept as long as they're strictly to serve a purpose and not a means of attention whoring. In the context of jumpchain it makes it easier to look up rulings/identify who to ask about a given thing.

I agree with you about Drop-in only people though

>>46433321
>>46433362

>compatible medium

Ah, that kinda makes sense.

>something oni-related
>free oni form thiny

I'm still a little confused but it does seem like you have some reasons for doing and in any case it's not like I think it's actually bad, just a little confusing. Really, I don't mind how you deal with this.

Anyway, thanks for being patient enough to answer all my questions! I feel like I should have more to say but I don't and am basically rambling in text form because I really wish I could give you more advice on how to improve and such, but again-my complete ignorance of the setting is crippling my ability to critique.

I'll just try and try and come up with a build in a few minutes. Looks like I'm really jumping blind this time.

>>46433398
See >>46433362
>>
>>46433426
*try and come up with a build

This is what I get for trying to speed-read and type at the same time. On the bright side, I don't think anything I or anyone else suggested is likely to change the pricing for anything I'm thinking of taking.
>>
>>46433415
I'll admit to also being salty, to be fair. A lot of that is missing this conversation because I slept early.

I'm definitely hoping I can catch him later to STRESS that some of us really like the current drop-in and want to keep it as-is, so that hopefully the solution he comes up with for annoying drop-in only people doesn't infringe on that.

>>46433426
>I agree with you about Drop-in only people though
You're alright people, anon.
>>
>>46433293
Well, there was this W-Laws tank that was actually stronger than Hao's Spirit of Fire, but some of it might be because of the 'being of light' Luchist used for it's creation. Actually that would explain a good chunk of the Angel's strength... Im not sure honestly, the only Tsukumogmai I remember were with the X-Laws, but I guess if a Tank could wipe out an island in one shot... Then AGAIN some living and spiritual weapons would just get made compatible...

I'm honesty stumped, I can't figure out where the 'car' and the 'being of light's boon' start and end in the angels.

As for spirits being companions, nah. Just be ready to explain why your van has a soul and where did you get a ghost chainsaw.
>>
>>46433438
>>46433452
t-thanks, I don't like hating people at all, but some of them just get so damn pushy

Also, for what it's worth this post >>46431055 suggests to me he's thinking of solving the issue with a drawback where you're truly drop-in, so it's most likely you will get to keep your background as whatsherface's twin living in the database, database~
>>
>>46433468
Why are you only answering select posts? There have been many questions given you've ignored, do you just not understand them or are you too lazy or are you trying to sneak certain things by?

If you are just lazy or attempting to get more power, it's sad to see we've gained another jumpmaker just to find out they're awful at the whole deal.
>>
>>46433468
okay cool , I'm already full on companions and I've got some pretty powerful gear that would be nice to have as a spirit.

the thing is as a late game jumper I've really upgraded this stuff heavily, I'm worried I might not be able to channel it, is the spiritual strength derived from the strength of the item itself or the strength of the spirit of the item? i.e if I imported the scarab gun from Halo would it require more strength than an in universe .22?
>>
>>46433297
>Then I would question your wisdom in allowing something potentially more of a curbstomp than the 800 CP perks to be imported for the price of 200 CP in Ghost class then, but then I've honestly no idea about the series to tell whether it actually is that big a deal.
Because the Reiryioku of a Mile-long spaceship ghost would break your soul. A tank (granted it had some extra power) was so strong they guy could only attack once to erase an island before collapsing. A curbstomp super machine's spirit would kill Hao, the strongest shaman in the series let alone you.

But it still a thing because even if you cannot directly blast people with it, it's a decent supernatural upgrade.
>>
File: 56572.png (7 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
56572.png
7 KB, 100x100
Remember, being an anon keeps you honest.
>>
>>46433483
That's exactly my issue with them. They're always complaining and always insisting they get things exactly their way. It irks you after a while/

Yeah, I saw that post, which made me feel a bit better. I just want to make sure, which is why I posted that and also why I'll ask him directly if the current version is going to stick around when he comes back on.
>>
>>46433511
>>But it still a thing because even if you cannot directly blast people with it, it's a decent supernatural upgrade.

Could you please elaborate on this? I was under the impression such items were really able to interact with the world unless manifested, would the tank you mentioned be able to go off on its own and do things?
>>
>>46433497
I answer as I read, some explanations I need some thinking.

>>46433510
>the thing is as a late game jumper I've really upgraded this stuff heavily, I'm worried I might not be able to channel it, is the spiritual strength derived from the strength of the item itself or the strength of the spirit of the item? i.e if I imported the scarab gun from Halo would it require more strength than an in universe .22?
Well, a scarab would be very strong just from the fact of ALIEN LAZOR BEAM OF DOOM. But even if you cant it's still a good upgrade and you might be able to partially OS it.

I remember about someone using a sprit stronger than himself either partially, or in minute spans for individual actions.
>>
>>46433614
>I answer as I read, some explanations I need some thinking.
It's been over an hour since the first posts you started ignoring were made. If you're going to bullshit, at least try to do it well.
>>
>>46433636
Don't forget anon, the very first post that responded to his work was ignored too. So the 'answer as I read' thing falls apart too!
>>
>>46433355

Those weren't suggestions for replacing the current Drop In background, but ideas for alternate 'no memories' drawbacks.

Basically normally you would be Sera's actual sibiling who experienced the horrible stuff with her backstory during your backstory.

Meanwhile the second drawback suggestion would have Angel adopt you up as a kid to handle the no memories and sibiling issue (without doing something creepy like starting you as an infant), you then grow up with Sera and have to actually survive the horrible stuff in the backstory, and probably end up annoying God do to deciding you were too good to use the perfectly functional reincarnation cycle it had set up or something.

Personally I think anyone that actually uses this idea if Devil Survivor Anon adds it is either a moron or suicidal. Since it basically means your doing the equivalent of telling a God that decided that humanity does not deserve to live and is only 'beaten' in canon by convincing it to change it's mind that you think their world isn't good enough to have been born in.
>>
>>46433573
>Could you please elaborate on this? I was under the impression such items were really able to interact with the world unless manifested, would the tank you mentioned be able to go off on its own and do things?

The tank was actually being used by a shaman at the time.

On risk of sounding like ripping off 40K, It's a machine spirit. Shots are somehow more accurate, fuel lasts longer for some reason, the material is more resistant, cars might do weird stuff now and then like lock the brakes and prevent you from crashing with the ass that skipped the red light, planes may land themselves if you fall asleep flying them, computers might happen to crash or shut down when someone tries to open your internet history...

Mysterious/spooky helpful stuff.
>>
>>46433695
Different versions of the drawback? My feelings are completely different then. In that case, I like the orphan one you suggested most as a drawback. It's cute and involves you into the story without crippling you entirely within this world and getting you really involved without irritating the 'no memories' crowd. It also is the most similar to the drop-in without drawback, so nothing gets too messy as far as what discounts you're using and such.

Really my only issue personally is I like the current version drop-in and want it to stick around. as long as these are all drawback suggestions then I'm fairly cool with any of them since the current one sticks around for those that like it and it also quiets those annoying types. However I don't know if they would like that solution, I'm just saying I like your idea for a drawback best myself.

That sounds devious, I love it. Getting under Brahma's skin and making things worse for your sister and everyone else just because you don't like having a history? It's so hilariously selfish and them getting into trouble for it is pretty... karmic.
>>
File: antispiralhuman.jpg (48 KB, 383x420) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman.jpg
48 KB, 383x420
>>46432891
Alright, let's get this blindly jumped, preliminary build rolling.

Drawbacks: Night parade of one hundred demons, How Small... (1600)

A normal family, age 15

Rolled The Patch Village

Shamanism (Free)
Family Support (Free)
Anon-pedia (1550)
Flowing OS (1300)
Elemental rock-paper-scissors (1100)
Neo Shamanism (800)
Furioku Level: 5000 (Free)
Mu-Mumyouyaku-mu (0)

Okay, let's figure this out. Our family was a bunch of normal, non-shaman ornary folks. We are somehow in some sort of exotic village that normally bars foreigners. Who use American currency.

This is the worst Hawaii vacation trip ever. No, we're not moving. Look, we own some business franchises all over the world. D'you want us to sue you guys penniless? No? Then damn well point us to the best hotel in town so we can find a cushy vantage point to watch the fireworks.

No, we're no interested in this spirit tournemant thing. We're just here to throw peanuts at the losers.

Besides, we have Bradeline's Well to run. Being a shounen and all it's quite likely there isn't a proper afterlife set up so we'll have to play psychopomp, and figure out where all those defeated spirits are supposed to go.

Good thing oni periodically show up near us! With the combined authority granted from King of Hell, Crown of Makai, Bels and Whistles buffed by Conquer your Demon as well as Lucifer's defeat even if the bastard withheld the final secret of cinnamon toast crunch and Shining One we'll soon have a fanatically loyal labour force working for us in no time. We're delegating Yuugi to manage 'em while we set up the equipment for gathering mystical combat data from watching these suckers fight over nothing.

A shame Bao took that cursed batarang prank so seriously. It was just a prank, though to be fair we'd go homicidally mad after weeks of hearing DAAAAAAARKNESS, NO PARENTS
>>
File: photo.jpg (51 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
51 KB, 512x512
>>46433695
While I agree with you, it is a jrpg. Pissing off the local supreme deity figure is just the kind of thing that you’re supposed to do.
>>
>>46433837
Funny enough, in this game the story is actually about reaching the supreme deity and calming him down.
>>
Question about the Disney Princess jump. Do the characters I pick for the other roles HAVE to be in the same roles they had in canon?

Because I want to make Elsa the Villain just to see what it'd look like.
>>
>>46433924
I know OAA at least also chose a villainous Elsa, so-it seems you're free to delegate roles
>>
>>46433959

Thanks for answering.
>>
>>46433614
Had enough time to think Lazy anon?
>>
>>46432891
Well, overall, I think it captures the feel of the setting and did a good job including a wide mix of powers and perks to give everyone something to shoot for.

That said, you truly do need to edit your Jump before it goes up on the Drive. Perks should not be cut across pages (Shamanic Schools section, I'm looking at you), spelling and grammar are both major issues that need to be addressed, and you really should consider organizing the Perks a little better. On that front, I would suggest grouping all the Backgrounds-related Perks together, (i.e. Drop-In, Normal, Shaman Lineage, Patch, then everything else by order of cost).

The Shamanic School section needs some additional clarification about what you actually get for your 150 to 250 points (or more), which is quite a lot to spend on something so vaguely worded. Is it required to take one to be a Shaman? Does taking one of them grant you a package of Perks?

Some of the Perks should probably have their point cost lowered or clarified to explain why they cost so much. Armor OS doesn't seem worth 500 points unless it protects against a truly ungodly amount of punishment for the amount of energy you put into it. I would also recommend the "Free for Background" Perks getting bumped up to 100 points. Does "A Dream" actually increase your Furioku levels? I would also suggest numbering your notes, both to make it easier to determine when one ends and another begins, but because then you can insert the number into the main part of the Jump for easy reference.

Please, please don't abbreviate OverSoul as OS in some places, but not others. It's very jarring to read.

>>46434024
For all you know, he could have a Word Document open right now and is vigorously correcting every issue even if he had not spoken directly to them. Especially considering the flood he has received.
>>
>>46434237
>it captures the feel of the setting

So it's essentially Bleach?
>>
>>46434261
It's another spirit-focused shounen series if that's what you mean.
>>
>>46434261
It does have some similar elements, but I can't really give you solid details. I could spout off what I remember, but it's been a while since I read through the comic and I don't want to say anything to obviously mislead. It's very heavily spirit based, yes, but it heads off in a different direction.

Honestly, if anything it reminds me more of The Law of Ueki than Bleach.
>>
>>46433766

Yep. They were basically me thinking 'So how do you solve the issue of needing a history to use this stuff and refusing to have a new one', and coming up with those ideas as a solution.

Both of which can basically be summarized as 'Here's a probably horrible completely non background history you got to live thought instead'.

I figure that unless Brahman is an idiot it would probably notice that you were never actually born during the telepathic communication with you and Sera that convinces it to destroy humanity. Considering that Brahman already starts with a negative opinion do to what occurred during the 'conversation' adding something that can be interpreted as 'Your world sucks and isn't worth living in anyway' is highly unlikely to help with things. Unless possibly making a wrathful God into a depressed wrathful God counts as helping.
>>
>>46434403
I still don't see why you think he'd interpret it as an insult, considering you're actually there and living in it, and you're not even a proper part of humanity.

I mean, I guess I could kinda maybe see that if I squint and he also gets to see the choices you made picking your background, but then /still/ you're actually there for longer, instead of refusing to live in his world.

On a somewhat unrelated topic, do these Mantra thingies teach you skills/are skills, or are they actual abilities you won't be capable of without buying them? Like, could I copy Megido or even Celestial Ray by just copying the people/demons that use them?
>>
>>46433827
There is a proper afterlife, but it's merged with/take place inside God. The same God whos' soul some Native Americans are trying to dump on the strongest guy to pick up their flyers.

The lore is a bit vague in it .
>>
>>46433497
That's completely unfair anon and you damn well know it. It's easy to miss posts when your already responding and he could be thinking of answers or otherwise occupied.

You don't make a good case that jump makers should listen to the community when instead of giving a newish jump maker a benefit of the doubt you basically say he sucks and thats it.
>>
>>46434745
>easy to miss posts
He ignored the very first post which was significantly long, several posts after at random intervals, ignored several attempts to draw his attention to all of these posts and when he did respond, his given reasoning completely falls apart. He then ceased responding to most responses again.

>Thinking or occupied
He responded to several fairly long posts in just minutes but still hasn't to the very first in hours nor to multiple other posts throughout the conversation time. He was not occupied because he was still responding to some posts, just ignoring most of them.

Totally unfair, obviously.
>>
>>46433827
>second spoiler

I see you've been to LEGO Jump before this.
>>
>>46434864
So he misses some and suddenly its evasion despite the fact you even admit he's answered similarly long posts? Do you have any reason he might be avoiding it, or are you just being pissy?

Yes it is unfair to assume malicious intent. As soon as he answered one you knew he was answering them.
>>
>>46435019
He consistently misses and doesn't answer despite them being pointed out several times over and him acknowledging that he has noticed them but is taking time to think (Said time is now several hours with no response, despite him continuing to respond to later questions). The fact that he has answered similarly long posts isn't a point for him, it just proves that it does not take hours to think of a response to a long post. Reasons? Laziness is one (The one remark he's pretty consistently ignored is anything relating to his spelling and grammar), trying to get certain things through and not answering criticism over those.

Yes, he was answering questions. Was it all? No, he only answered some and has still not answered several despite showing he is aware of them.
>>
>>46434554

While I did consider the possibility of annoying them that wasn't the main issue. The issue is less it being a potential insult and more that from their pov your a being that was never actually born in their reality, who obviously didn't want to be, and who accidentally telepathically helped convince Brahman they should destroy humanity do to a horrible experiment you were going through. That seems like the kind of thing that would make it even less likely to convince them that their decision was wrong. Basically 'living' was a poor word choice where I should have put 'actually be born into'.
>>
I figure it's probably too late, but I kind of like the idea of Drop-In "dropping in" at the start of the telepathy experiments in DDS2, powerless, and only remembering all of the awful shit they did to you once you escape the simulation - just like Sera.
>>
File: level choices.jpg (61 KB, 400x572) Image search: [Google]
level choices.jpg
61 KB, 400x572
A query about the Persona jump for those who have played more of the series then I have. What is the Revelations drawback based on, and how much more dangerous does it make the jump? I’d rather not have to worry that I could die to something like a car crash, or some knave leaving a banana peel at the top of some stairs, but on the other hand, if the drawback means that Yog-Sothoth, Cthulhu, and Jack Frost are going to jump out of a hedge to mug me every time I try go shopping, then I might want to reconsider taking it.
>>
File: 1425656480892.jpg (482 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1425656480892.jpg
482 KB, 1920x1080
So, when a jump offers you non-canon companions, do you prefer

A. Pre-constructed characters with set powers and personality
or
B. Being given a small stipend of CP to build a companion?
>>
>>46435170
It's based on the earlier Persona games, where there were monsters running around pretty much everywhere. The first game basically starts with a zombie and demon attack in a hospital, and by the end of the second game there's a floating city and Adolf Hitler is running around with the Lance of Longinus.
>>
>>46435174
The first one. More flavour to the jump is always better.
>>
>>46435170
>normal and fuck you
>not fuck you and fuck you with a cactus.
>>
>>46435216
What? No it's not.

>>46435170
What it does is make the rest of SMT (Strange Journey, the Devil Survivor games, Nocturne etc) all happen in the Persona jump as well during your time there. So hyper dangerous.
>>
>>46435091
You do realize that an answer might take longer to answer based on the question itself right? As for why the first post was pretty lore specific so maybe he just needed to look at a wiki and yes is that lazy? No lazier than the anon who could of looked up said answers himself on a wiki. And why respond to anything about grammar? Either he will fix it or he will not, he needs to respond to your ass like he works for you or something? And as for needing to fix it would be nice, but there are plenty of spelling monstrosities already on the drive.
>>
Hey if you upgrade a ACU with a piece of technology do its schematics for itself update as well?
>>
>>46435174
Personally, I prefer pre-constructed, by far. But even then I most prefer picking up canon companions.

If I wanted to get a blank slate to fill in, I'd clone something myself.
>>
>>46435170

It's probably based on how the first Persona game and Persona 2 didn't have a separate 'shadow world'.

Basically in Persona 3 shadows could only show up during a special time period most people don't experience. Meanwhile in Persona 4 it was in an alternate dimension.

The earlier stuff did not have that. Basically it means you don't have to deal with a world where you don't have your powers, but don't get a world where you won't need them.
>>
>>46435289
It's sad to see the sheer extents you will go to apologise for him.

Longer? It has been hours anon. And not just for the first, but all of the unanswered questions. From what I can see, plenty of the ignored posts have questions relating to the jump, not just lore. Why respond? Because it gives people an update that he has noticed and is working on it. Updates like that prevent complaints like these or the many earlier from happening. But of course, how dare we ask to be kept informed and have criticism answered. The mighty jumpmaker can do as he pleases and anon here will do his best to support him.
>>
>>46435249
I think you're confusing the +0 CP drawback with the +300 CP drawback.
>>
>>46435390
...I am the dumb incarnate. Excuse me while I go commit sudoku for my stupidity.
>>
>>46435249

That's the Strange Journey drawback which requires the Revelations drawback.
>>
>>46435249
>What it does is
No, that’s the Strange Journey drawback, and I’m not touching that with a Monkey King’s pole. I just trying to get an idea of how much and what kind of shit Revelations (the 0 CP drawback) is likely to put me though.
>>
>>46435399
>>46435409
Thou only deepen my shame.
>>
>>46435366
As oppose to you the great and dependable hound of the will of jump-chain? He who hours later still demand that the will of jump-chain be followed by those silly little jump makers who dare think that just because they decide to make a jump they don't have to follow the Will.

Maybe he is busy with other things? Or is in the process of changing his jump instead of answering every single question individually? I mean at best you could say he should of said he was going to work on the jump, but even that sounds like you expect the dude to ask "do you want fries with that"?
>>
>>46435409
*through
>>46435416
Sorry, that was not my intention. Thank you for trying to answer my question anyway.
>>
>>46435454
You keep saying he was busy, yet he continued to answer questions long after the ones he ignored were posted and even after he acknowledged they were there. Is he in the process of changing things? Yet he responded to questions that were just as minor or based on wanting clarifications as others he did not respond to and in random places as well. If he really was doing that, why would he respond to anyone at all instead of just fixing things?

Your arguments basically devolved to little more then dislike that people expect criticism to gain a response and repeating the same disproven ideas over and over, so unless you can introduce something new, don't respond.
>>
>>46435302

Almost certainly - though I would scan the part with the ACU's systems first so that its self-repair system knows what to do.
>>
>>46435409

Basically exactly the shit you have to go though in the shadow world, but without having to actually go to the shadow world to do to.
>>
>>46434403
Yeah, I get you. You're basically doubling the motivation he got from Sera (wow humans are treating each other like shit) plus your own jumper weirdness on top.
>>
>>46435551
Question, do you always react like a whiny little attention-whoring bitch whenever someone doesn't reply to your posts?
>>
File: newblood.jpg (536 KB, 768x960) Image search: [Google]
newblood.jpg
536 KB, 768x960
>>46435674
>a whiny little attention-whoring bitch
>>
>>46435692
So that's a yes?
>>
>>46435674
Gotta say anon, I am pretty amused you literally went down to just throwing insults. Wouldn't this all have been easier if you were just honest from the start?
>>
>>46435703
Not him, just smug.
>>46435717
That's him.
>>
>>46435736
Hi!
>>
>>46435631

Technically even the normal version should double the motivation. It's that this idea adds more than just doubling it.

Mostly since Brahman would probably 'know' that one of the people that gave it the motivation didn't want to be part of the group it's destroying in the first place (from it's pov). Which means you have to not only convince it that it's wrong, but that you have to do so while it can use you as evidence it was right.

Then like you said there's additional jumper weirdness.
>>
>>46435551
You act like this is an uncommon practice in forum talk and therefore reasonable to question. But in fact it happens all the time, I've past over hard to answer questions for hours even days at a time and answer easier questions with the full intention of answering them, or possible instead just write up the changes to the jump and only answer smaller questions. This is actually completely normal to anyone with any experience debating or conversing at length on the internet.

And just a quick reminder, you have no power over him actually answering those questions, the same with if I decide to response to you until I decide not to. Understand?
>>
File: 1458425610762.gif (195 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1458425610762.gif
195 KB, 800x600
>>46435692
>Everyone does it, so it must okay!
>>
>>46435717
I'm a different anon. I just noticed that your entire argument seems to spawn from you feeling pissy because you got ignored.
>>
File: 1376304063454.jpg (47 KB, 406x364) Image search: [Google]
1376304063454.jpg
47 KB, 406x364
>>46435748
Howdy. How are you doing today?
>>
>>46435760
That's what I meant, man. Doubling+ instead of the normal doubling.
>>
>>46435717
If you are talking to the one that has been responding to you thats me, >>46435674
is not me. Although I can see why you would love to think it was.
>>
>>46435772
How wonderful that your personal experience just happens to completely support your own argument and yet at the same time have zero actual proof. And more opinions too! I can almost feel myself being convinced already.

And you have no power over what I call him in response to him not responding, the thing that started this entire argument. Funny how things come around huh? I know you have this big thing bout your side being absolutely in the right at all times, but try to be reasonable. Understand?

>>46435796
Ah, the return of the insults. Criticism? Tish and pish. Desire to see a better jump? Preposterous. Why, how could anyone even comprehend someone dissenting from unceasing worship of a jumpmaker for the act of creating a single jump?

Now, gentlemen, as fun as this has all been, I'm afraid we'll have to make our sappy farewells and continue another day. Au revoir mi amigos.
>>
>>46435912
It's more that you keep harping on about how your post got ignored. That seems to be your entire motivation. I'm not saying anything about 'his jump sucks' or whatever, because all I'm doing is noting what seems to be your problem.
>>
>>46433924
They have to be in A role they played. Elsa was both villain and princess, depending on the part of the story she was in. Mulan is hero/princess. Story roles are actually pretty flexible for the jump.
>>
>>46435816

Just thought I should clarify that I'd expect this to be super hard mode if it got used, and not just normal hard mode.
>>
>>46436092
That's what makes it fun. Just how much is 'no memories ever!' worth it to those people?
>>
>>46433515
>implying anyone's honest on the internet

admittedly if this is sarcasm, it's 4 AM i cannot into reading comprehension
>>
>>46435912
>How wonderful that your personal experience just happens to completely support your own argument and yet at the same time have zero actual proof.

You ever thought for just a moment that is why I decided to enter this conversation? That I have had personal experience with coming back to a conversation later which is why I said what I said? And to be fair we have the same amount of evidence and opinions in what we say.

And sure I have no power over what you call him, I DO however have the power to state why I think the way I do and why I think you are overreacting. This is a power we all share here, the power we don't have is actual control over another poster.

As an example I have no control over you responding to me, I could say that you are basically quiting because you know you've run out of logical reasonings to object and instead of admitting you are wrong you are quiting the conversation. I can say this, but I can't actually make you respond, see?
>>
File: lies.gif (3 MB, 697x458) Image search: [Google]
lies.gif
3 MB, 697x458
>>46436203
Don’t be ridiculous. Does that face look sarcastic to you? I would hope not!
>>
>>46436265
Stop teasing and make an Arthur jump.
>>
Fuck it. Topic time.

You know those OC powers, anons? The ones where you basically 'fill in the blank,' like Stands, or Hatsu Custom Techniques, Reality Marbles, Noble Phantasms, that kinda shit?

Describe them. What they are, what they do, your thought process behind them, all that shit.

>>46436265
IT'S FUCKING 4 AM AND MY COFFEE MACHINE IS BROKEN

SLEEP-DEPRIVATION-RETARDATION

GIMMEABREAK
>>
File: 1295197859453.jpg (28 KB, 560x355) Image search: [Google]
1295197859453.jpg
28 KB, 560x355
>>46436384
______No.______
>>
>>46436384
I know for sure I'm going with "always on precog and postcog scrambling" for my PS238 custom power, because information can win wars and I don't like dealing with some motherfucker scrying how I like my eggs just to poison every chicken in the farm to get to me.

My stand was just a giant middle finger to teleporters and portal fighters. It's a pair of wicker-goblins riding jet engines that let me cancel teleporters and move portals about willy nilly. I can also warp space a bit to generate mazes with invisible walls that send you out other places in the maze. It's one of those game stands as opposed to one of those I-win stands.

I've thought up a possible Reality Marble:
Who helps you up when you're knocked down flat?
Who holds the mop when your plans go splat?
Who stays tough when you think that's that?
Come heaven or hell, it's Noble the Rat!

And then things go cartoony. Gilgamesh tries to fire the Gate of Babylon inside and I end up outlined in weapons. I pull one out to fight and we keep swinging in the same pattern until the weapons get tired and go for a drink.

I am just Jumpchan's favorite show, after all
>>
>>46436622
yeah going to be limited to only for about an hour's time and a city block sphere in distance, unless you go for multiple purchases but it will work. And significantly powerful precognitive and post cognitive people will probably notice that blind spot by sensing the area around it, finding its shape by the absence of their information.
>>
>>46436384
I couldn't come up with a proper music-themed Stand name, so I named mine The Sun. It basically accelerates growth/development in whatever it touches, like punching a sapling and making it into a giant of a tree, punching someone's face and aging them to death, etc. When Awakened, it can regress something into a prior form. When in Requiem, it can manipulate someone's growth in a way that wasn't really intended, like making a future manlet into a tall guy, or giving someone cancer.

It takes the form of a humanoid star, with black spots acting as eyes.

Destructive Power: C

Speed: A

Range: C

Durability: B

Precision: A

Developmental Potential: Not sure on this
>>
>>46436622
>>Spoiler
I both love and hate you for making me read that and remember.
>>
>>46436726
Neato! Thank's bancho, I can work with this. I just have to operate on a smaller timescale than initially planned, but there's lots of wiggle room.

And I didn't mean that I'd completely block them out, it'd be more like any action involving me becomes a bizarre fever dream.

>try to read elonanon's next series of actions
>things break out into a musical
>everything catches fire as he explodes into a storm of pepper
>the moon breaks down and tells us it's problems
>the colors start to run and time won't stop laughing
Only one of these things are true
>>
File: The Zoot Cat (12).jpg (193 KB, 1480x1080) Image search: [Google]
The Zoot Cat (12).jpg
193 KB, 1480x1080
It may be a bit silly, but would there be any interest in a Tom & Jerry jump?
>>
>>46436862
Do It!
>>
>>46436862
I'd be plenty interested. Loved that show as a kid.
>>
>>46436862
No clue how you would be able to do it, but if you think you can pull it off, go for it.
>>
>>46436862
I was going to do a generic toon jump, but didn't get very far because life sucks and is hard. I just realized I'm late for work right now, but if you want I can shoot you my notes tomorrow? There's probably something there you can use.
>>
File: one more time.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
one more time.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>>46436862
ONE MORE TIME
>>
>>46436862
Yes. Do it.
>>
>>46436860
also remember that it's not an absolute defense, if someone has sufficient psychic power they can still scan you, but depending on how many times you purchase it you should have a decent amount of protection.
Also remember that this is protection from psychic power, something like a shard power from worm would penetrate it easily as that's more of a Laplace's demon kind of thing.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.