[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crusader Quest: Deus Vult
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 6
File: Crusader Quest Deus Vult.jpg (1020 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Crusader Quest Deus Vult.jpg
1020 KB, 1920x816
previous threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=crusader+quest
Thread 5 didn't archive fully: http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/34542810/#q34542810
Twitter: https://twitter.com/KoblOf
pastebins: http://pastebin.com/u/Joggibear
character sheet: http://pastebin.com/rZQ8vVBd
army sheet: http://pastebin.com/VzbLdkUr
holdings: http://pastebin.com/m33m5nZ5

It is the Year of our Lord, 1135

And Jerusalem marches to war.

On the road from Jaffa the army of Jerusalem has smashed aside a force of Bedouin raiders, leaving the road open to the gates of Ascalon. With outriders scouting for enemy positions, the host of Queen Melisende churns on, the trampling feet of men-at-arms marching beside the high spirited warhorses of the nobility. Levantine, Frank, German and Italian march together to the ancient fortress city that had belched out raiders onto the frontier of the Holy Land for a generation, ready to end this threat once and for all.

Thousands of soldiers with even more following in the baggage train, but at their head was a lone gold woman riding a tall white horse, flanked either side by the grand masters of the holy knights. The Queen, in maille threaded with gold, with high crested helm, armoured and riding as a warrior king, leading her vassals against the Saracen.

Behind her was carried a large crucifix said to contain a part of the true cross, and beside that the banner of her father, Baldwin. Drums beat and fifes piped that it almost had the feel of a carnival procession, so enthusiastic was their playing one might think dancers would leap forth from the ranks to garland Melisende's path. But this was an armed procession, honed for the kill.
>>
The army came to a halt before the distant figure of Ascalon, its high walls and domed buildings a grey shadow upon the plain, the barest glimmer of the sea behind it.

A rider came up with message for the Queen. A young knight panting hard, grinning.

"Ships are spotted on the Palestine sea," he said, "Flying Sicilian and Genoan colours."

The Queen grinned. Her cousin Roger had arrived, with the Genoan contingent. The army would grow.

"What of the Saracen fleet?" Raymond du Poy asked, "Or the ships from Sidon?"

The young knight shrugged. Either they were not sighted or were not there. It caused du Poy to bark off a curse, that earned a shushing hand from the Queen.

"And Ascalon?" she asked.

"The gates are barred," the knight said, "A trench line dug around its walls. They won't ride out to meet us."

Du Poy swore again. This time the Queen did not shush him.

She took a breath. Gave the young knight a stroke of the shoulder. "Go, get something to drink, then ride out. I want an eye on those ships."

She turned back to her war host, eyes crinkling as thoughts churned through her head. The fate of her rule would be decided in the shadow of Ascalon's walls.
-
> play as Wilhelm
> play as Hugo
> play as Mathilde
>>
>>46465760
> play as Hugo
>>
>>46465760
> play as Wilhelm
>>
>>46465760
>> play as Wilhelm
>>
>>46465760
> play as Wilhelm
>>
>>46465760
>Play as Hugo
Time to be best knight!
>>
we should go ahead and start siege weapon emplacements.
>>
>tfw hugo pov never
>>
>>46465760
>> play as Wilhelm

Damn a trench.

We're gonna have to fill that in first.

Guess we should start off with a week of bombardment of siege weaponry, let the army recover after its march.

And then when its night and the trebuchets are still flinging, we send small parties to fill in parts of the trenches.

>>46465922

Not yet, perhaps when we're ready to launch the first true assault meant to breach the walls. The first attacks we'll launch will not breach and will incur heavy losses after all.
>>
>>46465922
we can have a pov shift when the actual battle begins, right now we are setting up for the siege.
>>
>>46465760
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc3ID5Wbmu8

> play as Wilhelm

Reminder that mathilde has a fetish for BDSM and Bloodsport
>>
>>46465760
> play as Wilhelm

Glad to see you again HF.
>>
>>46465760

Hey HF, what did we do with the corpses of the bedouin?

Because I was thinking of removing their heads and them returning them back to ascalon.

One for the rot and decay and disease they'll have to deal with for health reasons, second for morale depletion.
>>
>>46466244
Left them to rot since there were 3000 of them.
>>
>>46465760
>> play as Wilhelm
>>
>>46466303
Well i was wondering if we could retroactively have harvested a good number of heads to fling at the walls since we started with a short time skip.
>>
>play as wilhelm
>>
Why is Elias so handsome and charming ?
>>
You are Wilhelm, Lord of Ramla and general in the army of Queen Melisende.

And right now you are organizing the camp. Following closely the dictates of the Strategikon, you have a latrine dug with some distance to the main camp, and have your men assemble in squares with clear lanes for traffic of foot and horse. A disorganized camp was a danger, you had read, and you'd not endanger your goals by something as simple as overlooking that.

Billeting your troops was easy enough, but convincing some of the other lords of the need to organize under clear lines took some more cajoling and talk. You eventually had to enlist Raymond du Puy to back you up.

The Hospitaller wore his black surcoat with white cross. Even in camp he had not changed out of maille and helm, while some other lords had stripped to doublets and were taking their ease, recovering from the march to be ready for the fighting. The assembled nobility were attended by pages, younger sons dragged out here to earn them some experience in the ways of war, and they kept themselves busy pouring wine for some and clear water for others.

You drank small beer, not so strong as to ever get you drunk but safer than drinking the uncertain water trafficked up on the backs of wagons.

Raymond du Puy glared at the assembly, most of whom had yet to do any fighting.

"Lord Wilhelm is corrected," he said, "This isn't a castle town where you can throw your shit into the sea or the gutters, this is a war camp. Sanitation is the key to a healthy army. Unless you want to be shitting out your own guts in a week, make sure your men keep to the latrines dug by the Ramlan men. And keep avenues open for travel. Dispatches will be coming at all hours and they have to make it through quickly. I'll horsewhip the man who doesn't do this."

"Harsh," the Count of Foix said.

"Fair," replied Rodrigo, who sat by his patron sharpening his sword. Like du Puy Rodrigo had not taken off his armour.
>>
>>46466567
I'm glad we bought that book.
>>
The Spaniard was ready to fight at all hours.

Some grumbling went through the nobles and knights but in the end they were forced to agree.

Pleased with yourself, you returned to the Ramlan tents. You could see your men-at-arms stripped down to bare chests working in a field with shovels, digging up the earth to make those latrines considered so important by the text books you had read.

Solomon sat by the fire sharpening his shotel. Etienne sat by him while his squire scoured his armour clean. Both had fought against the Bedu army. Solomon looked like a happy cat as the whet stone whisked across the edge of his blade. Etienne was thumbing the stitching on the back of his arm, a slight cut that Ibrahim had stitched up.

"An inch deeper I might have lost the hand," Etienne muttered.

"An inch higher and you'd have no need of stitches," Solomon said, "Do not get distracted by 'what if', it leads no where."

The Gascon knight nodded, but still closed his hand over that purple line of dimpled flesh.

Orlando and Sir Hector were drinking. The two had become close in their ordeal, and the young Jew laughed at some quip the older knight made. You checked and saw they were only drinking water, their merry nature that of companions rather than alcohol.

It was heartening to see the bonds of your household grow closer.

Your camp was soon approached by a knight of Melisende's household.

"The Queen would speak with you," he said.

Waiting no time you followed the man to Melisende's camp.

A table had been set with maps of the surrounding area. Melisende stood peering over the surface of the ink scrawled parchments, lips puckered in thought. She too still wore her maille, but had her helm removed to allow her blonde locks to cascade down around her shoulders, almost like a mane.

She noted your approach without looking up, finger tapping the paper.
>>
"I'm concerned by this," she said. You walked up to check what concerned her. A town marked on the coast, beneath Ascalon. Gaza. "It's not much, but it has a garrison. And if we can gain the sea Egypt will have to move troops through here to answer us. But is it worth sending men to capture so early in the day? I do not know."

You considered your queen. Her eyes were hawkish, and a shadow fell across her face.

Securing Gaza had strong merits. It would frustrate any reinforcements the Caliph might send. But it would also require men to hold, splitting your force.

> argue for securing Gaza
> argue for not securing Gaza
> write in
>>
>>46466613
>>
>>46466613

Gotta protect our rear
>>
>>46466613
>> argue for securing Gaza
It's smart and would prevent us from being taken in the rear
>>
>>46466591
What do we know of the Current strength of Gaza
>>
General off topic question. Who here also plays MedievalQuest?

I've been giving it a look and am enjoying it.
>>
>>46466613

against any true Army it will be naught but a speedbump but it will be better to not have them sending raiders to harass us
>>
>>46466678
Havnt really looked much into it.
>>46466664
Lightly Garrisoned.
>>
>>46466591
How long is the march to Gaza?

This is the place that we talked about its fortifications having been devastated by earthquake in the current time?
>>
>>46466705
>How long is the march to Gaza?
About a week, give or take.

>This is the place that we talked about its fortifications having been devastated by earthquake in the current time?
Yes.
>>
>>46466705
Correct.
>>
>>46466678
It's very interesting and shit is about to go down in it.
>>
>>46466664
>>46466705
These two have a point we do not know the strength of Gaza nor do we know how long it will take us to get there so we should send scouts to assess both
>>
>>46466798
We do know the strength of it. It is lightly garrisoned with a weakened walls. It can however be used as a base of operation to raid our rear or to gather up forces for a pincer attack on us while we are besieging Ascalon.
>>
We could take it now, and use it as a staging ground for our Italian contingnet
>>
>>46466613
>>
>>46466678
what is it? where can i find it?
>>
>>46466887
Just check the catalog and you'll find the latest thread.
>>
File: bestuse.jpg (82 KB, 800x444) Image search: [Google]
bestuse.jpg
82 KB, 800x444
>>46466613

I suggest we send a subcommander noble so as not to ruffle too many 'i want mah honor from seige' feathers.

I suggest we send Sir Barisan with orders to take and hold the place.

I wonder if we should mention our misgivings to the queen?
>>
>argue for securing Gaza

Not sure if this is being done automatically, but I want us to scout absolutely everything, I'm fully expecting reinforcement sto bite us in the ass
>>
>>46466926
Gaza is the reinforcements
>>
>>46466921
Templars? Templars yes we send a chunk of our veteran forces but we do not have to assault the walls until they return
>>
>>46466982
Its not the reinforcements but land reinforcements from Egypt will be routed through Gaza.
>>
>>46466996
Barisan is the scheming Constable that wants to kill Hugh.
>>
You lean forward and place your hand on Gaza.

"We need it secured to protect our flank," you said, "What good is leaving it unsecured if an Egyptian army marches up to smash us apart against Ascalon's walls? I do not think it wise to leave it there, the risk is too high."

Melisende nodded. She saw the sense in your argument.

"It won't be easy to hold it," she said, "Even I can see that. But it will provide us valuable days to capture Ascalon first."

She drew back and sat in her chair. Fingers drummed on the arm of it as her lips pursed again.

"But how many men can we afford to send?" she said, "I do not want to split our forces here over much. It's said that to take a castles its best to outnumber the enemy as much as ten to one, nd I do not think we have even that much."

"Whoever you send will have to remain there until Ascalon is taken," you said. She nodded, drawing forth an inch of her sword before letting it drop back into the scabbard. She did this several times.

"Tell me how many you'd send," she said, watching you carefully.

> less than a thousand
> a thousand or more
> send half the army
>>
>yfw Wilhelm radically changes the timeline by eliminating all jews and thus freeing the future generations of their kikery

One can only hope
>>
>>46467061
> a thousand or more

We could probably do it with 1k men
>>
>>46467061
>> a thousand or more
Enough for the job and to secure it for however long we need while not draining us here.
>>
>>46467061
> a thousand or more

we better be on the watch for Ships and/or the Garrison being ready to sally
>>
>>46467061
> a thousand or more
>>
>>46467061
>> a thousand or more, then half would return
>>
Do we know how big the garrison is
>>
Tripoli Army and Sidon Army?
>>
>>46467233
Tripoli is the leading the baggage train and sidon is leading half the navy. So both need to stay.
>>
>>46467288

Im wondering we should send the garrison some ships as well so they can evacuate.
>>
>>46467370
Gaza is landlocked.
>>
"A thousand, maybe a few more should be enough to capture and secure Gaza," you said.

Melisende gives a deep breath. "And who should make up this army, who do you trust to lead it and secure our interests? I fear the wrong man might take this mission as an insult."

"The wrong man might," you conceded, "Though the right one will see the glory in it. Being trusted to defend the flank of her highness, to act as her shield. And to secure Gaza's treasury. There's a lot to be said for taking on such a task."

Melisende smiled. "Do you want it?" she asked, "Surely I'd trust you more than most to do the job properly."

You suppressed a bad flutter in your gut. It was not your intention to leave the walls of Ascalon. Not until the city was taken and your right to it secured. Not for anything would see you leave this place.

"Or perhaps someone you think is trust worthy," Melisende concede, noting your displeasure at the prospect of being sent away.

Now there was something. If you could send a force under a man you trusted, not only could it secure Gaza now, but in the aftermath of this campaign could bring it under your dominion. A body of troops lead by one of your sworn men might secure Gaza and its treasures for you.

But then, there was a danger of splitting your own personal forces and it might paint you as over ambitious. Still...

> nominate a commander of the Gaza force
>>
>>46467411
I thought it was a coastal city
>>
>>46467417
Us is Foix Can take Gaza and all It's riches.
>>
>>46467417
I'd say we do it ourselves.
>>
>>46467417
Ramla and foix should have enough men
>>
>>46467461
If Wilhelm personally goes he'd miss out entirely on capturing Ascalon.

You can nominate one of Wilhelm's men to go in his place.
>>
>>46467417
We could take Gaza with the Count of Foix, leave our siege weaponry here in the care of the Queen.
>>
>>46467502
Solomon or etienne then
>>
>>46467417
>Archamboud

we need to sate the templars for giving the Hospitallers the vanguard
>>
>>46467417
Foix.
>>
>>46467417

I wonder.

If we suggest a Templar or Hospitaller leader, would it be turned into a monastery fort afterwards.

Was thinking of sending Blaise with a small contingent of Templars as the hardened core of the army.

If we have it routed through the Templar Grand Master, we can have it been seen as an order from the Queen to the Templars. Being trusted to command our the forces to secure our flanks, I think the Templars would see it as an honour as they can still commit the bulk of their forces to the walls to secure more glory.
>>
>>46467502
I was under the impression that sieges could last months.
>>
>>46467521
>Solomon

WHY? the man is going to be our champion to utterly wreck whatever Ascalon can challenge him with
>>
>>46467525
And you will do that by insulting them by sending them away from the main action?
>>
Gahhh i dont know who to trust

Why dont we have more personal allies
>>
>>46467549
>I was under the impression that sieges could last months.
Yes, and you would be holding Gaza for the duration of the siege to make sure your forces aren't attacked by Egypt.
>>
>>46467544
>If we suggest a Templar or Hospitaller leader, would it be turned into a monastery fort afterwards.

This would be fun.

A monastery fort/town this far down would be nice to have to blunt kebabs.
>>
Whatever we choose we should not be going ourself, Wilhelm is the one who will take Ascalon he needs to be present for it

...Fulk maybe?
>>
>>46467605
Fulks not here.
>>
>>46467605
not here
>>
>>46467417
>Orlando
>>
>>46467570
Perhaps through one of the subcommanders? like >>46467544
>>
>>46467575
Because tg is crazy paranoid who wouldn't even trust their own mother.

I think it is best if we do it ourselves. Prove ourselves by taking Gaza and later darum and protecting the Main army
>>
>>46467417
A Hospitaller could be cool, would certainly help our the Teutonic Order plan.
>>
>>46467639
The holy orders will be needed to take ascalon and would see it asa insult
>>
>>46467417
>Get some of the Hospitallers to do it
>>
>>46467651
no. ascalon will be ours to take.
>>
>>46467676
Did you read it. A core of men at the heart of the 1000, so maybe 50-100 templars and a subcommander.

The rest will remain at the walls.
>>
>>46467651
Could we send the Roman prince + count Foix to capture Gaza?
>>
I so wish Hugo was an option
>>
HF, of the candidates raised, can you tell us what we know IC of them, whether they'll accept the commission happily or unhappily?
>>
>>46467417
We'd need somebody to be a . in the Queen's camp for 0 shit later and b. a non-shit commander. Hugh, perhaps?
>>
I'll just say this. That of everyone gathered the Holy Orders and the less powerful knights and minor lords are the least likely to be offended by being sent off an a side objective.
>>
>>46467417
So can we send only people listed in the current Army pastebin or do we have access to the Greek, and Italian forces?
>>
>>46467722
Speaking for what you know of the man, in-character, you know Hugh would do just about anything Melisende asked of him.

>>46467747
Just the people in the current army.
>>
>>46467417
>Nominate Hospitaller
>>
>>46467747
Havnt really arrived in full just yet. Fine we sent a group of lesser lords and knights lead by du poy with a core of hospitallers
>>
>>46467764
Sorry, meant to link: >>46467741

You can send some of your own people with this army, even if they aren't overall commander. Either a portion of your troops or a character in your household.

Up to you.
>>
>>46467764
Then lets ask! Can we send for him? Btw where is he if not at the camp
>>
>>46467417
>Send the Hospitallers to take it
>>
>>46467797
He's in the camp.
>>
>>46467744

So basically Holy Ordos and/or minor lords.

Foix is out.

Of that shortlisted candidates would be:
etienne
blaise
Hugh
Barisan
Both grand masters

I believe sending Hospitallers might be seen as favourism.

We should send a Templar to command this force to balance out the merits attained by the Ordos for now.
>>
>>46467797
>>46467829
Lets ask him to send Barisan.

Barisan can fuck off away from Hugh for the remainder of the siege and will not be in a position to assassinate Hugh.
>>
>>46467834
The Templars can earn their glory on the walls of Ascalon. Send the Hospitallers and Sir Barisan. I want him as far away from Hugh as possible
>>
I also support either Fulk or Barisan
>>
>>46467834
Fuck the Templars. We are not concerning ourselves with them.
>>
>>46467865

Shouldnt send a grand master away from the walls though.

A subcommander leader would be more appropriate since if the grand master went, so would all of his troops.
>>
>>46467866
sorry not fulk
Hugh
I keep mixing those names up
>>
>>46467883
Why?
>>46467866
Fulks not here mate.
>>
>>46467901
Cuz fuck the Templars.
>>
>>46467883
nigga they are an Influential force within Jerusalem we NEED to concern ourselves with them

>>46467417
Hugh or the Templars
>>
>>46467901
yeah i meant Hugh, he's the obvious choice
>>
>>46467925
They will be less influential if we DON'T concern ourselves with them.
>>
>>46467912
And then I say fuckit to your suggestion.

Joyce is quite pleasant with us and the Templars are a damn influential force in the region.

I'd not alienate such a powerhouse.
>>
>>46467417
Hugh and Hospitallers.
>>
>>46467829
Blaise and Barisan
>>
>>46467941
Fuck that powerhousing and influence, we're gonna fuck it into oblivion.
>>
>>46467764
Sir Blaise commanding troops drawn from all the armies with a Templar core at its hardened heart.

HF, might I suggest final destination voting to confirm?
>>
>>46467981
sure
>>
>>46467989
Blaise would fuck it up. Send Barisan and some Hospitallers.
>>
>>46468017
Why would he fuck it up? For all his position against us, hes quite a competent warrior.
>>
>>46468029
Templar powerbase in Gaza, something we wish to avoid, provided our history with Templar assistance, and our ambition of having more Germans in the Hospitallers.
>>
Okay will do it off this post on the issues of the Templars.

Final destination.

> send templars
> don't send templars
>>
>>46468096
But why avoid it. Since thats mostly settled history. Its not like the Grand Master himself is against us or something.
>>
>>46468120
>> don't send templars
>>
>>46467935
your logic is broken idiot
>>
>>46468120
>> send templars
>>
>>46468120
Will they get dibs on Ascalon if we don't send them?
>>
>>46468120
> send templars
>>
>>46468155
That'll be the politicking after. And if we show enough of a good showing, its ours. Especially since the Queen mentioned rewarding us especially well.
>>
>>46468155
No.
>>
>>46468120
> don't send templars
>>
>>46468120
> send templars
>>
>>46468120
>> send templars
>>
>>46468120
> send templars
>>
>>46468120
>> send templars
>>
>>46468120
>> send templars
>>
>>46468120
Clarification: This means sending SOME templars and not ALL the templars, right?
>>
Just realized, we can lessen the Templar influence if we spread rumors that they're demon worshippers.
>>
>>46468263
why the fuck would we want to do that

Templars are important as fuck
>>
>>46468263

Right, please fuck off.
>>
>>46468286
And we can make them less so, because we hate them.
>>
"Whoever we send I think the Templars should lead it," you said, "A core body of troops sent by an experienced commander. There's few that can match the Templars for fighting ability and strength of will."

Melisende approved of the suggestion with a slight nod.

"Of course we shouldn't just send the Templars," you added, "Other troops with their own leaders should reinforce them."

"And who would you suggest lead these other men?" she asked, "I think it prudent for Master Archamboud to appoint the commander of the Templar contingent. They are his men."

> nominate a leader for the secular troops, and any additional officers you'd like to send
>>
>>46468313
Barisan. Keep him away from Hugh.
>>
>>46468313
Barisan. Let's let the sub commanders get some glory from this.
>>
File: 1368405557291.jpg (48 KB, 529x700) Image search: [Google]
1368405557291.jpg
48 KB, 529x700
>>46468308
>we hate them

no anon you hate them we hate Blaise, us ignoring them is only going to piss them off

>>46468313
> nominate a leader for the secular troops, and any additional officers you'd like to send

Hugh
>>
>>46468286
We're not betting on the Templars for our future, we're betting on the Hospitallers for the Teutonics.

>>46468313
What the hell? We voted to send some Templars with the main group lead by Hugh or a Hospitaller, not a group lead by Templars.
>>
>>46468313
Suggest one of Hugh's men, Barisan

Also, perhaps send Etienne with a body of our troops to represent our interest in the area.
>>
>>46468313
Barisan
>>
>>46468313
We are not letting a Templar lead this operation, we're allowing some of them to go with the leader of this operation.
>>
>>46468344
Hospitallers would be very unlikely to want to be commanded by Templars, its one or the other.
>>
>>46468381
We did not vote to have the Templars lead this, just to tag along.
>>
>>46468313
Barisan
>>
>>46468313
Barisan
>>
>>46468343
>no anon you hate them we hate Blaise, us ignoring them is only going to piss them off
We favor the Hospitallers much more.
>>
>>46468405
Some of us did.

I know I voted for Blaise as the commander.
>>
>>46468405
By sending the Templars you haev them lead. Seriously, one way the templar would play second fiddle to whatever petty lord or knight who will comewith it. Secondly, we are advicing the queen. Not commanding.
>>
>>46468431
We have almost no interactions with the hosipiallers. We do not favour them
>>
>>46468431
overly showing favour to one is foolish when surrounded by kebabs.

We need good relationships with most of everyone to survive.
>>
>>46468455
We got our Archbishop into talking with their Grand Master to send some troops over, note that we did not get him into talking with the Templar Grand Master.
>>
>no one thought of Elias
Have you all fuckers not been playing Mathilde just for this? Now the Templars won't be there to storm the walls
>>
>>46468514
Probably busy fucking Mathilde in his tent right now
>>
>>46468495
And yet the Templars came of their own violation. Does that say better of them?

>>46468514
It's just a core of templars, not all of them. So maybe a 100 or 200.

Also I'd rather have take the walls with Elias. Build better relationships with him.

We totally need to break bread with him.
>>
>>46468514
>Elias
>Templars

Anon you what? Elias is in the Jerusalem army
>>
>>46468545
I am fine with Mathilde wanting to shag Elias, have an affair with him maybe even run off with him.

I am not fine with Wilhelm or Hugo being fine with it. Do not make the other characters bend over backward
>>
>>46468571
Not bend over but willing to take a second look at him and evaluate him for usefulness.
>>
>>46468571
Depends i'd say. Even Hugo has second thoughts on him now after that performance to save him. Not yet trusting but also not completely hating him.

That'll have to count for something with Wil, him saving Hugo. At the very least, he'd consider normalising relations.
>>
>>46468606
as long as Wil still wants him to publically admit he didn't shag Iovetta I'm happy with this
>>
>>46468636
But everybody knows he didn't, and we're trying to keep it on the down-low that we want to.
>>
>>46468636
Did he even spread that around or just tried to talk shit to us that one time?
>>
>>46468566
I come and read everyone complaining there's no one to both trust and also dispose of
>>
>>46468661

Not if want our hand in everything no.

Not enough trustworthy folks for that to attain everything under the sky.
>>
>>46468606
You're forgetting that Elias and Fulk still completely hate Wil. Trusting them too much is retarded.
>>
>>46468661
I......what?
>>
>>46468681
Elias... seems amendable. He did approach us to chat.

Fulk, I think that can be settled since he likes matty and hugo. If not well we can probably agree to disagree and at least be polite.
>>
>>46468654
>>46468659
There are still rumours and gossip about it

I'm certain Wil wants to protect his christian waifus purity
>>
>>46468717
If Elias wants to talk he can seek us out again during downtime of the siege
>>
"Barisan is a competent man," you said.

"Hugh's constable?" Melisende sat up at the suggestion, brow furrowing. "I'm not sure, he is not really a known commander."

You nodded. "That's true, but I think he's adequate to the job. Any man higher stationed might think you were sending them away, but a knight like Barisan will see it as a challenge to prove his worth."

She relaxed a little, dropping back into her chair. "I suppose you are right. Everyone has ambitions, and playing to those ambitions to advance our own goals is worth doing. Still, what little I know of this man I do not like. I know he doesn't care for me, and favoured my husband as a ruler."

"No ruler is universally beloved," you replied, "If anything this might win him to your influence."

She smiled as your sister came from the tent with a pitcher of water upon a platter. She offered a cup to her lady then to you, and poured for both. You raised the cup to Mathilde before drinking.

"Mathilde, go fetch Master Archaboud and Count Hugh," she said, "I have a will to speak with them."

"As you say my lady," your sister gave an expert curtsy before hurrying off. Melisende watched her leave with a pleased smile.

"Your sister is fast proving invaluable to me," she said, "It is such a relief to have competent help."

She honoured your family with her words, and you bowed slight in thanks for the compliment.

"Now, l give you freedom my lord," she said, dismissing you, "I do not need you at my shoulder for every decision."

You finished your drink and left it on the map strewn desk before departing, content that you had done your best in advising the queen.
>>
From there you made your way through the camp, slowly organizing along the lines you had marked, some avenues still strewn with equipment but being hastily pulled aside. The camp had that buzz of chaotic activity that proceeded it falling into orderly lines.

You came upon a commotion. A small crowd of gagglers, soldiers and camp followers attracted to a strange happening. A pair of knights, foreigners you took from their colours, blocking Sabeen's path.

"It's not right," one said, brushing his moustache, "This thing in our camp. Riding and fighting like a man."

"A heathen," the other said, "And look at the colour of her. Marked by god no doubt, to show her sin."

"A whore, a bed whore for some Levantine. Mayhap he enjoys dressing a woman in armour."

"That must be the answer," he took the hilt of his sword in hand, "Surely no one thinks we would ride with a woman or a Saracen, least of all a Saracen woman. She must be a camp whore playing games."

You saw that Sabeen's expression was cool. No clear sign of anger on her face.

> intervene
> watch
>>
>>46468753
>She relaxed a little, dropping back into her chair. "I suppose you are right. Everyone has ambitions, and playing to those ambitions to advance our own goals is worth doing. Still, what little I know of this man I do not like. I know he doesn't care for me, and favoured my husband as a ruler."
>"No ruler is universally beloved," you replied, "If anything this might win him to your influence."

Mixed feelings.

We might have saved Hugh for the time being but did we fuck up?
>>
>>46468776
> intervene
>>
>>46468776
> intervene

"She is with me. If any member of my retinue causes any problems you can take it up with me"
>>
>>46468776
>> watch

ONLY intervene if steel is to be drawn.

Otherwise, let Sabeen settle this herself. It is not good for her to be seen as coddled. She must be seen as able to stand by herself by the rest of the men in the camp otherwise it will just continue, such harrassment.

If it dies down and the silly knights walk off, talk with sabeen.
>>
>>46468776
> watch
She can handle it.
>>
>>46468776
>> watch

last thing we need is rumours of us bedding Saracens if cold steel is drawn we should intervene
>>
>>46468776
Eh, hold a short conversation with Sabeen in half-german or something
>>
>>46468839
she ain't german dumb ass she won't understand shit if we do that
>>
>>46468832
>>46468819
If they disrespect our people they disrespect us, To hell with these foreign knights.
>>
>>46468776
> watch
>>
>>46468776
>intervene
>>
>>46468776
>> intervene

BUT intervene by suggesting a test of arms.

Training weapons.
>>
>>46468886
A show of merit, also avoids rumors of Sabeen being /our/ bedwhore or whatever if we pull rank and status on them
>>
>>46468912
>>46468886
Seems pointless. Just stand up for Sabeen, that is all that is required.
>>
>>46468856
yes let us be seen as an unfaithful Saracen lover with no love for true christian men
>>
>>46468942
First of all, bullshit. Secondly. They are not our men
>>
>>46468929
The problems will persist and our rep will take a hit by the rumour mongering.

Either we let Sabeen handle this herself or we intervene, talk to the knight politely and arrange a test of arms with training weapons.
>>
>>46468972
>and arrange a test of arms with training weapons.

Is going to do jack shit.
>>
>>46468991
explain your reasoning then
>>
>>46468999
Something here and now, a quick spar. Jeez, you've never seen the cliché where the cool tomboy acts unfazed when being called names but then opens up a can of whoopass when pushed?
>>
>>46468960
my point is we need all the rep second of all Opinion is everything if we want Ascalon, Melisande isn't going to give it to someone who's seen as a heathen lover and if you've forgotten she has threatened to castrate us if we are unfaithful to Iovetta
>>
>>46469020
I AM expecting them to have their asses whipped. Why do you think i suggested the spar. I just dont want to risk more lives when we're not even at the walls.
>>
>>46469030

We already got that rep. It wont change one bit if we help or not. All we will be doing is not standing up for our people
>>
Actually on the situation with barisan.

If we remove him from Hugh's sphere of influence, won't we basically be solving the problem as well?

He'd stop trying to kill his liege lord and Hugh's sis will be without an co-conspirator.
>>
>>46469130
No we don't but if we continue the way you want we bloody have it
>>
>>46469154
>Piety: You are worldly, but you try to act a Christian when you can. Your association with Muslims and Jews makes some question your faith.

We have countered that though by. Helping The queen, patriach and the bishop. Though,.
>>
>>46469131
It would solve the Barosan side of things yes however the Aines side of things would be unresolved
>>
>>46469131
>yfw Barisan crosses the Queen and lets the saracen into Egypt in exchange for Hugh's head
>>
>>46469169
We really haven't we acted ambitiously and not in a pious light and our rep has reflected that
>>
>>46469197
Is that why we a currently building a church in our city, invited the bishop of trier, always visited the temple every time we entered Jerusalem first, orginized a invasion of eqypt to end its constant attacks ?
>>
>>46469175
Aines can't do much on her own. She might seduce another man to try and do her bidding but Hugh can settle that by marrying her off.

At the very least it buys him more time from the assassination and he can announce his heir to the world and confound her plans further.

This would allow us to resolve the situation without have to put anyone to death.
>>
>>46469197
>>46469231

It used to read: You are worldly but at your heart, a true christian.

We did fall abit and it would be best to try and rectify that, at least in the court of public opinion.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

We currently have a tie and it looks like it isn't going to resolve itself.

Coin flip

1 intervene
2 watch
>>
>>46469272
I hope it comes with the disclaimer to only intervene if steel is drawn.
>>
>>46469272
this is such a shitty thing to do
>>
>>46469299
Would you stop trying to micro-manage every single little thing ?
>>
>>46469302
It's fair
>>
>>46469309
micromanage how.

Its a reasonable step to take.
>>
>>46469231
>Is that why we a currently building a church in our city

Payed for by the archBishop of Trier and not of our own initiative

Also Ramla's a town

>invited the bishop of trier,
That got us points for ambition most see it as us getting Senpai to notice us and not as a pious act

>always visited the temple every time we entered Jerusalem first,

A small act but a pious on I'll admit

orginized a invasion of eqypt to end its constant attacks?

A pragmatic and ambitious planning with no hint of piety
>>
>>46469338
>A pragmatic and ambitious planning with no hint of piety
>That got us points for ambition most see it as us getting Senpai to notice us and not as a pious act

No one loves The Virgin Mary more than Wilhelm does.

We are pious as fuck. If anyone says otherwise we will fuck their wives and sisters
>>
Sabeen is a soldier. If she can't handle these mooks, why even let her lead a band of mercenaries?
>>
>>46469379
And so it is known: Wilhelm's rise to power was not through fire and steel, but by tongue and cock
>>
>>46469395
>fire and steel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FPJ-1ZkL_0
>>
>>46469379
>>46469395
Again a less than Honourable and pious reputation and cuckolding is a less than christain act
>>
>>46469483
>Again a less than Honourable and pious reputation and cuckolding is a less than christain act

Only if you get caught. The thing isnt being a good christian but merely appearing to be.
>>
>>46469507
Wilhelms still a teenager, we have years and years to become more pious

I'm still hoping for Templar Hugo one day
>>
>>46469549
>I'm still hoping for Templar Hugo one day

Not likely since he is marrying Elaine.
>>
>>46469549
muh swordsaint
>>
>>46469559
Lay Templar Sword saint.
>>
File: TEUTONIC.jpg (50 KB, 736x484) Image search: [Google]
TEUTONIC.jpg
50 KB, 736x484
>>46469549
Too bad.
>>
>>46469549
I'm pretty sure we're in our early-mid 20s

Man, I just realized, the teen girls of Ramla must have some kind of infatuation with Wilhelm, don't they? Charming, Young, Bold, "in" with the royal party... "rumored" bethrothed to a Princess....instead of posters of the Jonas brothers or 1D it's Lord Wilhelm
>>
>>46469616
Wilhelm is 18 years old. Soon 19
>>
>>46469616
I think we might be 19 at the most.
>>
>>46469616
On the pastebin it says Wilhelm's 19
http://pastebin.com/rZQ8vVBd
>>
>>46469507
Ding ding ding we have a winner

>>46469549
Still as things are and Wils need for higher standing in order to marry Iovetta we need to not only not lose face but gain a more christain appearance
>>
>>46469549
>>46469559

Actually he can be.

Married men can be Templars for set periods of time if the wife agrees. They return to their wives when their term ends.

And if the wife is Elaine...

I think she and Joyce will happily agree to it.
>>
>>46469632
>>46469636
>>46469616
Character: Wilhelm of Ramla
Y'all are lazy
>>
>>46469676
Or better guessers than the guy who thought we were in our mid-20s.
>>
>>46469632
>>46469636

Wilhelm is 19 going on 20
Hugo has just turned 14
Mathilde is 13
>>
You cross your arms and hang back a step, waiting to see how Sabeen reacts.

Rather than with outrage, instead her face splits into a toothsome grin, arms spreading as well. When she spoke it was with perfect Latin.

"Gentlemen," she said, "You must be new to this land so I shall forgive your ignorance. You are with the Count of Foix? A brave man to travel so far on behalf of Christ."

The two foreign knights exchange uncertain looks.

"It's said you Franks are some of the greatest warriors in the world, and having been under arms since I was a tender girl, having fought against your people as often as I have with them, I can say that your reputation is well earned."

An unexpected compliment had them letting go of their swords in bewilderment. Surely the last thing they had expected was a companionable friendliness after their taunts.

"But," and her hand clapped the closest one's shoulder, causing him to startle back a step, "I am a warrior too. A Syrian, trained in the warrior arts of the court of Zengi. Sword, lance and bow, in the fashion of the Turks. Tell me, have you fought a Turk yet?"

Both men shook their heads.

"I suggest you wait as long as you can, because the Frank might rule the West, but the Turk commands the east, and a more formidable opponent you will never meet."

"You don't look so formidable," the Frank whose shoulder she clasped sneered.

Her grin turned a tad wicked. "Well you've heard us Saracens are a deceptive lot," she said, "But saying this right now just to put it out there as a general, you could even say friendly, bit of advice. I had more trouble passing my morning shit then I will putting down the two of you." She winked at you.

And then her forehead smashed in the bridge of the Frank's nose, dropping him straight to his knees, blood flowing a red torrent into his mustache, a dazzed expression as he clutched at his face. An 'oooh!' went up from the crowd and you laughed openly.
>>
>>46469669
I don't see why Hugo would join the Templars. He cares more about his relationship with Wil than his religion
>>
"Bitch," the other started forward. Sabeen stepped back spreading out her hands.

Before he could take another step a streak of blond hair tore past you. Hugo slammed into the man, a straight shoulder barge that knocked him to the dirt. Other Ralmlan troops were coming behind him, though not so ferociously. Hugo was on the other man hammering down, that when Tancred pulled him off he was thrashing like a mad cat.

"Easy hotspur," Tancred said, dangling him. Tancred turned to you, holding Hugo up for your inspection. "I think this mad cat belongs to you." Hugo blushed as Tancred set him on the ground.

The Foix men could do nothing before the leering faces of Ramlan men-at-arms. Who were soon joined by Jaffa troops, including the long, young shadow of Tancred, his son Odo.

"Off you get," the Jaffan men-at-arms said, "Take your lumps like men and save your vigour for the battle."

The knight climbed to his feet, spat the word 'peasant' at Odo (which made the stork of a man chuckle), then took his friend in hand and hurried away, shoving through the crowd.

"You alright Sabeen?" you asked.

She rubbed her forehead. "Might have a headache later," she said, "That man had a hard head." She gave you a grin. "Thanks for not stepping in."

You shrugged. "If you can't handle a pair of fools like that, what am I paying you for?"

"True enough," she replied. Shook her head out then walked away. "See you boys back at camp. I'm going to take some air."

"Be careful!" Hugo called after her with a nervous energy in his voice.

You take up your men and return to camp, Odo accompanying his father, talking about the peasant things of Jaffa.

Orlando found you later, to say the Queen had made a decision. A thousand troops would be heading south, led by Sir Blaise of the Templars and Barisan of Jaffa.

You nodded. All was good.
-
> switch to Hugo
> switch to Mathilde
>>
>>46469713
If wil gives leave, I dont see why not.
>>
>>46469713
>Wil
>not a certain Saracen

Oh yeah Hf did Maggie and Bayard come with Marie?
>>
>>46469713
Sure, but he can't be under our shadow forever. He's already known as a brave yound lad, promising and honest, if a little naive.
>>
>>46469743
>> switch to Hugo

HU. GO. HU. GO. HU. GO.
>>
>>46469743
>> switch to Hugo
>>46469707
I never understood why peoplesay "going on"

No shit if he's 19he's going on 20, its the only option
>>
>>46469759
Bayard did. Maggie is staying in Ramla to help Etain with her kids.
>>
>>46469743
> switch to Hugo
>>
>>46469743
>switch to Mathilde
>>
>>46469743
> switch to Hugo
>>
>>46469743
>> switch to Hugo
Why do I have a bad feeling about Sabeen and those Knights?
>>
Hugo should probably have a talk with sabeen
>>
>>46469780
Portia?
>>
Hugo
>>
>>46469743
> switch to Mathilde
HAHA TIME TO INFLUENCE
>>
>>46469780
Damn I wanted Hugo to have a qt redhead campfollower

Oh well the Saracen hype train is full steam ahead
>>
>>46469831
No, I think a lecture from Wilhelm is in order on keeping a cool head. If he hasn't learned from that incident with the peasant boy, than when will he if Wilhelm doesn't ensure it?
>>
>>46469904
Quiet you

Mathilde will discover he lust for blood soaked men and violent sex later
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.