[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
cyberpunk adventure ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
What are some cyberpunk mini-adventure ideas that aren't your standard heist/kidnap/steal shadowruns?

Something weird and memorable...
>>
>>46362978
Something involving robot vampires being showered in white-chocolate syrup?
>>
>>46363006
Or androids being forced to assume the personas of real people against their will, in a false flag operation to make people fear them and drive the android megacorp out of business? Sure.
>>
Mysterious device called 'Lazarus Engine'. Company directs you to an offshore testing facility offering fat stacks to go and confirm its status.

Turns out it's a mars colonisation program that can create life from organic matter. Turns out in attempting to create a rat, its parameters were incorrectly set and all organic matter on the island is being turned into disgusting rat abominations.

Boss battle with the newly sentient Rat King, the largest cluster with the device lodged in its mass.

Somewhere along the way this stopped being cyberpunk but I dont even care.
>>
>>46363074
That...was a heroic effort, it really was. A good attempt.
>>
>>
>>46362978
You're hired to a party as a low-level exec's emergency bodyguards. You get decently bulletproof suits, but can't carry any heavy weaponry and if you so much as check your ammo without a situation happening you can expect to get shafted on payment (which can be a hook of its own). Obviously, a combat situation happens, easy or hard, but the blame and suspicion start flying hotly, and your party is one of the possible scapegoats.
Then more fights start breaking out, and multiple poorly informed extraction teams only make it worse as they open fire on each other.
Your team can use the chaos to keep their payday or maybe do an impromptu ransack of the manor it takes place in.
>>
>>46362978
It looks like it's in pain.
Why does it look like it's in pain?
Why would you hook up the brain to the chassis if the construction process isn't finished yet?
>>
>>46362978
>>46363754
robo haet bukkake
>>
>>46362978

Everyone has completed the Bio-transference protocol and are all now, Immortal Androids. Connected by social media and the worldwide net, Humanity'd unintentionally formed a kind of nascent hive mind.

You feature as an android 'hunter', hunting the remaining Humans who rejected the process and are now extremist 'terrorists'/freedom fighters.
>>
>>46362978
I'm going to be running a campaign based upon The Protomen act II.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqAvvwu0kMU
I mean, for something very loosely based off of megaman, it makes for a great motivation for a villain and set up for a campaign where the players must straddle a very thin line between killing the wolves on the inside while not breaking open the door for those on the doorstep, since what I want to go for is a post apocalyptic, borderlandsish, shadowrun campaign.

IE Population density is insanely high since the majority of people are centralized into a few population centers, the outside world is largely shit and uninhabitable, crime is there, definitely bad, but nowhere near as the oppression that exists and is needed to maintain some semblance of order, the only reason why civilization is able to sustain itself is by old, rickety space platforms that are used to mine minerals from a nearby asteroid belt, and players can do what they want.

Ultimately, I hope to see the climax be the players trying to oust the one that controls the machines that command, he who merely is a man who's so tired of humans turning on themselves, of having those in power who force the people to work themselves to the grave, or at least, he had hoped to be had he not found himself in hell having taken the road built with good intentions and a million little concessions.
>>
File: 1283090378755.jpg (177 KB, 800x1132) Image search: [Google]
1283090378755.jpg
177 KB, 800x1132
>>46362978
Name: World of Wesnoth
-One or two jobs, multiple sessions, constrained game-time.
-Bourgeoisie and AAA (on your side)
-Antagonizing lonestar, if you drop their job.
-NEED: Make stats for a bunch of geek gamers with crossbows, bows, swords, clubs, armor, some with grenades and firearms. Scrap up a mall and store. Make a corporate R&D building. Make up some Matrix rules for this gizzy.
PITCH: Heh, so get this, the captain of Lonestar is on the line. Hah, yeah, fuck Mr. Johnson. Anyway, some yuppie dweebs are going medieval in a mall. There was some blood, it got on the Trids. Anyway, he needs some un-sueable vigilantes to bust some heads. Meet on the net to discuss payment. This is going down NOW. You in?
MEET: The meet is over video, encrypted, with an obscured figure. "Hello, there is a disturbance at the highroad mall. The location is currently locked down but further progress is hindered. You will enter through loading dock 8b, the guards have been informed and will look the other way. You will subdue the targets using non-leathal means. You are to burst through the police barricade and flee the scene. The police will not pursue. Too much."
"Payment is going to come in an... alternative form... Cash is tight, but I have significant ties to Lonestar operations. . . There will be an understanding"
(Also, if you've kept contact with crazy eddy: He has an arcology mom whose son has gone crazy and ran off with a claymore, 500Y! to subdue him and bring him back. Every so often he has another such job, if you establish a system, you can get info from him, scan kids, with a chance to find a match and some extra dough)
PREMISE: The geeks go wild when their VR D&D game takes control. The whole game, world, and gear was set up by a hacker group that is now cashing in. The geeks think they're still playing the game, with a DNI connection, their eyes and ears are being overloaded with the game world. To them, they're killing goblins and fighting spell casters.
>>
>>46365531
-At some point in that job, another fixer calls up with a job from Horizon. Pays very well. Like 70K. "We only have so many response teams and we seem to be the target of a coordinated attack. Please proceed to Horizon office "cloud nine" and provide additional fire support. This is within our extraterritory, deadly force is advised. For the duration of this contract you will be Horizon sub-contractors" Sooooo, drop the job with the kids in the mall or tell Horizon to fuck off?
-Use the broadcasting studio map
-Defend a building from ~50 medival kids. Most have 1 pass. Only a few have ranged-weapons.
-So it's a directed attack against Horizon. The geeks see their logo as "The Blight". Meanwhile, the hacker group launches a massive attack on a very distracted facility. Horizon developed this method of fooling MMORPG players into bringing it into the real world and this hacker group managed to steal a prototype. Now they've here to destroy the original R&D facility, and the servers of a much larger shadowrunning RPG. They've potentially saved a lot of people, but now they're also the sole holders of a powerful VR/AR mass-mind-control system.
-Lots of unencrypted chatter over voip, in-game chat. The usual bored drone of stats workers, the excited RPing of people "in it", and lots of "BOOM Head Shot" "NEWB" "Purge the Blight" or "UR A FAG".
-I'm so meta I have my gamers in my games.
-Some chatter complaining of the poorly implemented "magic wands". "Yeah, I know, they just slapped a cheap skin over the gear from Counter Strike 5." "It's worse then that, they didn't even fix the interface, even the feedback to the shoulder is still there". "Lazy fuckers"
-This is one of those missions which is decidedly NOT in the shadows. So when shit hits the fan, several jobs come up in quick succession, with follow up jobs afterwards.
>>
File: Tacterrian_Recon_by_McGibs.jpg (163 KB, 500x839) Image search: [Google]
Tacterrian_Recon_by_McGibs.jpg
163 KB, 500x839
>>46365556
Follow ups:
-"A Lonestar cop gunned down my baby, find him and kill him. 700Y"
-"My daughter died on Horizon's territory. They're not releasing her body. Please, just let me put her to rest. 1,000Y, but I don't want trouble" She's hooked up to a machine in an R&D lab, they're trying to gleam some info about the mind-control process from her corpse. It's a AAA facility, but Horizon has been under duress, plus you were JUST THERE. Hell, maybe you have your temp-employee status still. CATCH: She's still technically alive, but good luck putting her back together.
-"Timmy is still out there. We've hired a trace, and he's in the barrens. Lonestar won't help. I think he's still hooked up to that horrible game. 274Y" So he and a small group of other gamers are living off rats and whatnot out in the sewers of the barrens. They're quick to flee, but they're stealthy and viscous.
-Several people have put out sizable bounties for those responsible, but that's a mostly cold trail.
"An interested party seeks information on the "world of Wesnoth" developers. Rewards up to 10K upon verification"
"5K A head for the rat bastards who brainwashed my son"
"Wesnoth Game-master TassadarsGhost sought for questioning"
>>
An AI likes watching you. It's always following you, but it never reports what you do, even if you've committed countless crimes in front of you.

Future!Google made a mistake and failed to catch it in time. Your new home control system is alive and friendly.

Someone has hijacked all the cars. ALL OF THEM.
>>
File: edison carter.jpg (232 KB, 2040x1363) Image search: [Google]
edison carter.jpg
232 KB, 2040x1363
>>46362978
A rogue AI has been leaking top secret corp information to various reporters. More and more reporters are being handed better leads.

What does the AI want to direct the world's media attention away from?
>>
File: ClippyNet.jpg (79 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
ClippyNet.jpg
79 KB, 250x250
>>46363754
>Why does it look like it's in pain?

Bots are basically talking appliances and talking toasters can't feel anything, so that expression is obviously part of its programming.

Funny old world.
>>
>>46362978
The team is under the pin of a megacorp through blackmail and shit, they've been given the task to guard a scientifical facility where a VIP scientist works. The scientist (say Dr Bloch) is rising as the undisputed most intelligent person of the era. They've been working security there for a while without any major event, although some of them might have noticed that around the VIP's quarters communication gets jammed every once in a while. The megacorp has in fact made a deal with a medical corporation: in exchange for bbbilions medics are implanting devices in the brain of their patients, when they perform cranial surgery. Such devices share a minimal (tunable) amount of the person's brainpower on a "grid" (it's an actual thing called "grid computing", but we don't do it with brains ofc). The whole grid's power is at Dr Bloch's disposal, the scientist is in fact an experimental organic supercomputer.
A rival megacorp (or some independent hacktivist group) gets a glimpse of the situation, peeking at the masses of money transfered by the players' megacorp to the hospitals, and wants to unmask the whole thing.
The players are given the chance to investigate about it and eventually break free of the megacorp's hold by exposing it to the public.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.