[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lady Knight Quest - The Return
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 16
File: 1458436768571.jpg (51 KB, 600x868) Image search: [Google]
1458436768571.jpg
51 KB, 600x868
Before anyone asks, I am continuing the work of Acerbus’ impromptu thread, I’ve been given a green flag to write in his stead. I hope everyone enjoys their time spent here and my efforts to continue this, as I enjoyed the context and threads enough to want to continue them myself. I promise to try my best to make this as entertaining as possible.

Previous Thread: >>46270130

Your name, is Isabella Voltaire. Your valiant efforts to distract the dragon while the princess fetched a stone from your draconic opponent’s treasure hoard proved successful. You actually managed to severely injure the dragon and to leave almost unscathed with your kingdom’s princess and the stone, if not for your pained ankle that you deem is in a less than optimal state. You do not know what exactly it was that left you like that, for when you try to remember it you tense in fear and your agony worsens.

Your arm around the princess you were tasked to rescue, you limp towards the nearest inn you could find with her aid. Well, in what counts, you succeeded, even though most of the work was not your part, but rather a joint effort of you, the elf, and the princess all together. You remember seeing the elf with a couple of injuries, but to his fortune nothing that could really leave him permanently unable to fight, which you fear is your case.

Both of you get into the inn. It is rather rustic and humble, having and it looked like the kind of place that would invite travellers, but to your luck, it seems relatively empty, and the man at the counter is old, polite and smart enough to recognize the look of emergency in the princess, and lets you in without saying much of a word, merely observing the situation. After setting down on a table, Jeanne carefully removes your greave to take a look at it.

[1/2]
>>
>>46371239

Her eyes grow wide, and thanks to the silence of the remotely deserted inn, you can hear her inhale a little nervously.
“This…” She pauses for a second, as her eyes avert between where your eyes would be if your helmet wasn’t in the way, and your rather bent ankle. “This looks rather bad.”

You thought to make a witty remark, but the sight of your black and agonizing ankle takes away your mood to really be comedic.

Jeanne however, doesn’t seem to notice your remark as she observes your ankle. She seems unsure and a little frightened, but her gaze returns to your limiting eye slots. “Brave knight, tell me your name.”

You breathe in a little nervously. You are after all, addressing your kingdom’s princess. “I’m Isabella Voltaire, your highness.” Your tone is tired and constrained. You berate yourself inwardly for it.
The princess smiles. It is an honest one, but it carries hints of concern. “Knight Isabella, thank you for coming to my aid. Thanks to you, I’ve completed my task.” She readies a seat for herself, “As such, I have to thank you in this small gesture for now. Would you like to stay and rest for or make the trip to the capital as of this very moment? As said before, I’ll call the carriage.”

>[ ] Leave for the capital. You really want someone to take a look at your ankle before it becomes any worse.
>[ ] Rest for a few hours. You definitely deserved it after what you just pulled through. Not everyone makes it out of these situations alive.
>[ ] Other. (Write-in)
>>
>>46371246
>[x] Leave for the capital. You really want someone to take a look at your ankle before it becomes any worse.

Better fix that quickly.
>>
>>46371246
>>[ ] Leave for the capital. You really want someone to take a look at your ankle before it becomes any worse.
>>
File: 1458934895595.jpg (148 KB, 850x1133) Image search: [Google]
1458934895595.jpg
148 KB, 850x1133
>>46371398
>>46371573
I expected to get one input but two on my first quest? Well, I don't know what to say.

I'll just see if I can get another vote or two, if not I'll start writing.
>>
>>46371246
>>[ ] Leave for the capital. You really want someone to take a look at your ankle before it becomes any worse.
>>46371634
>>
File: Femknight.jpg (104 KB, 600x980) Image search: [Google]
Femknight.jpg
104 KB, 600x980
>>46371634
Lady Knights rescuing Princesses is my fetish, Anon.
>>
>>46371676

I should've posted this instead, it has a large majority of the juice.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/46123011/

Also, writing.
>>
>>46371716
retrieve the stuff after the crash?
>>
>>46371246
>>46371398 >>46371573 >>46371650

As tempting as the offer of rest sounds, the sight of your bruised ankle after that fall and the images that cause you headaches upon remembrance take precedence. You have no idea what it was that really prevented the Princess Jeanne’s light from healing your injury. And if it doesn’t heal with her holy radiance that you did not know she had in the first place, it may not heal at all.

You can feel your breathing and voice become tight with fear of your permanent disability when you address your princess. “I’d…rather head to the capital right away, your highness. It is of course my…” You groan as you pivot on your seat to ease your return into a standing position with one leg, your princess returning quickly to your side to help you stand. "First achievement as a knight...don't want to make it my last."

You walk to the counter with her aid, and she eases for you to lay an arm over her. It feels strange that a princess is wearing almost as much armour as you.

Jeanne unattached a small pouch from her waist area, taking something small from it, and laying a clear crystal upon the counter. The man behind it is awestruck, and understandably so. This is a currency that only those close to the royal family use, you’ve seen them when your eyes were captured by their shine while you did errands around the royal palace before your training. Coins are usually the poorer man’s trade due to their production ease, but Jeanne proceeds anyway.

[1/2]
>>
>>46372305

“We will be taking a wagon to the capital. I apologize for wasting your time.” She announces, a somewhat stern tone coming from her in comparison to how she addressed you, but there was a natural warmth to her voice that made it difficult to really say something against her demand and generous offer.

The now stuttering old man nods as he picks up the crystal, and runs to the back. It would only take a few minutes for a two horse wagon to appear in front of the entrance to the inn, a young man sitting in the conductor’s place. It wasn’t fancy nor did it look comfortable, but it would do for your transportation.

With her help, you climb onto it and seat yourself with your injured ankle stretched out on the bench, your princess sitting across you, and not too long after, the wagon starts moving. It’s bumpy and it makes your ankle hurt, but you can take it.

You seem to have a couple of hours before you reach the capital. What do you do?

>[ ] Remove your helmet. It’s getting a little uncomfortable, perhaps make small talk afterwards.

>[ ] Inquire your princess about her past. It’s not every day you are tasked to saving a princess and she too is battling the dragon instead of being helpless.

>[ ] Attempt to fall asleep. Maybe you can endure the bump and pain enough to fall into slumber for the rest of the journey there.

>[ ] Other (Write-in)
>>
>>46372350
>>[ ] Inquire your princess about her past. It’s not every day you are tasked to saving a princess and she too is battling the dragon instead of being helpless.

I'm gonna go with this one, helmets off if she doesn't mind.
>>
>>46372470
I'm voting for this too, helmet off.
>>
>>46372350
>>[ ] Remove your helmet. It’s getting a little uncomfortable, perhaps make small talk afterwards.
>>[ ] Inquire your princess about her past. It’s not every day you are tasked to saving a princess and she too is battling the dragon instead of being helpless.
>>
>>46372470
>>46372778
>>46372962
Gotcha, helmet coming off then.. Gonna make some tea real quick and I'll start writing right away.

I actually didn't think of what her hair would be like, so if anyone has any ideas, feel free.
>>
>>46373136
The pic you just posted is perfect for the hair.
>>
>>46373136
That hairstyle is pretty rad.
>>
>>46373211
>>46373227
Agreed
>>
>>46372470 >>46372778 >>46372962
>>46372350
You turn to your princess curiously and look at her figure. She is wearing a rather pristine looking armor in comparison to yours that is soiled with the blood that you drew as you dug your bastard sword into its chest as you tried to use it as a safe way to get back down from the watch tower that you ran into. Not only that, it also has dirt and a bit of clutter from having smashed through the window of an abandoned building to distract the dragon.

“Excuse me, your highness.” You start, shortly after clearing your throat. “Do you mind if I ask a few questions?” You try to sound as polite as you can through enduring your rather shaky travels reminding you of your ankle’s condition.

Her clear eyes turn from the small breach in the wagon that could be called a window to look at you, nodding. “Of course. After today’s deeds, it would be rather rude of me to deny the brave knight a few questions, wouldn’t it?” She says, her former stern tone having dissipated into gentle speech as she addressed you.

You sigh of relief, giving a light chuckle. “Thank you, your highness.” You don’t insist on saying that you didn’t do it alone again, just taking in the compliment for a second. Your hands reach for the back of your helmet as you hunch forward a little to make its removal easier.

As it comes off, the bun that was held by the close space of your helmet falls apart, a long, and ebony cascade of hair plopping around your armor. It was definitely rather messy and mopped with your sweat in comparison to your princess, but this doesn’t stop her extended gaze as you shake your head lightly to have it fall forward and uniformly pull it back with your gauntlet.

[1/2]
>>
When you open your eyes, you catch her looking at your face a little intently, but you disregard it as assumption of having smudges of dirt and uncleanliness on your face, and proceed nonetheless.

You find it funny that you are opposites in terms of eye and hair colour for a second, but you disregard such a thought quickly.

What do you want to ask first?
>[ ] Ask about her being a holy knight.
>[ ] Ask about her family.
>[ ] Ask about the stone.
>>
>goes on about the importance of proof reading
>doesn't mention dragon in the first paragraph

fucking shit
>>
>>46373981
>[ ] Ask about her being a holy knight.
>>
>>46373981
[X] ask her about her senpai desu
>>
>>46373981
>>[x] Ask about her being a holy knight.
>>
>>46374261
god fucking dammit filters
>>
File: 1458625080268.jpg (62 KB, 552x900) Image search: [Google]
1458625080268.jpg
62 KB, 552x900
Alright then. Writing.
>>
>>46373981
>>[ ] Ask about her family.
and if she wants to start a new one with us.
>>
File: 1458650735633.jpg (185 KB, 1200x876) Image search: [Google]
1458650735633.jpg
185 KB, 1200x876
>>46374182
>>46374337

You inhale deeply before you start asking the daughter of your sovereign some likely uncomfortable questions. "When I was tasked to bring you back, I...most certainly did not expect you to showcase such radiance and such abilities, your highness. For how long have you been a warrior for the Gods? I recall hearing of those before, and that their trials were most arduous."

Jeanne sighs a little, and a smile grows upon her features, accompanied by a light giggle. She seems a little embarrassed by your compliment "Well, knight Isabella. Just between the two of us." She scuttles forward a little, and lowers her volume. "It isn't as difficult as most make it out to be, that is simply something the order spreads so those who do come to join our ranks aren't just some low-ranking soldiers. We have to keep our standards high at all times, and by keeping such a rumor going, most of those who do make into the order are already in the best shape. Those who do and aren't...well, it was my case for a small amount. I didn't want to fall behind, and I now I don't." She leans back again, tilting her head a little as her hands were firmly planted on the emerald stone. "Why? Were you interested in joining?"

You think about such a prospect for a few seconds, but before you could conjure an answer, you groan as the wagon goes over a stone in the way, the bump reminding you of your injury, to which the princess looks to. "Well..." Jeanne says a moment after. "Maybe we should discuss your entry when you return to full physical integrity, Isabella."

You nod in agreement to such a statement. What do you do next?

>[ ] Ask about her family.
>[ ] Retreat into silence and perhaps try to rest.
>[ ] Other. (Write-in)
>>
>>46375220
>>[ ] Ask about her family.
>>
>>46375220
[x] Family
>>
>>46375220
> Family
>>
File: 1458649644160.jpg (260 KB, 550x1054) Image search: [Google]
1458649644160.jpg
260 KB, 550x1054
Writing. My lady knight collection is running short, post yours.
>>
File: 19538235935.jpg (271 KB, 680x920) Image search: [Google]
19538235935.jpg
271 KB, 680x920
>>
File: 157349238593.jpg (1 MB, 868x1201) Image search: [Google]
157349238593.jpg
1 MB, 868x1201
>>46376048
>>
File: 135835551343.png (866 KB, 1061x1500) Image search: [Google]
135835551343.png
866 KB, 1061x1500
>>46376069
>>
>>46375220
>>46375239 >>46375386 >>46375485

You let a few extensive moments pass.The ride has not become any smoother, and as much as you tried to relax, the pain in your ankle doesn't really allow you to do that with success.

You and Jeanne seem to steal a few glances every once in a while. Except, you seem to be looking at her armor and weapon of choice, when you're actually really finding it curiously amusing that both of you are the contrast of one another. Her armor isn't flashy or useless, it actually seems to serve the same purpose as yours, but yours seems more tried and true while hers looks simplistically adorned.. You didn't have anything but your own wit and maneuvers to really defend yourself, while she had her own version of...magic perhaps?

However, Jeanne seems to be looking at you and your injury rather than the state of your armor. She looks genuinely worried about you. For a moment there, you feel a little embarrassed and regretful that you're making the princess worry this much.

In the meantime, you grow curious. The daughter of your sovereign is right here and...you didn't really have an audition with the king when tasked to bring his daughter back.

It seems a little awkward to ask, but you do so anyway, with some reluctance. "...Well, how do the King and Queen fair?" Jeanne flinches a little as she hears your voice, straightening her back as she seems to look at you with a hint of confusion until she finally gets your question.

"Well...As far as I know, Pa-I mean...the honorable King and Queen are well and in good health. They are the ones who actually sent me to...well, find this stone. Well, Father was."

You're surprised by this new piece of information. "Forgive my boldness, your highness, but why would his highness the King send his own daughter into peril? It doesn't seem-" Your speech is interrupted as she raises her own hand to halt you, and you do so immediately in obedience to your superior.

[1/2]
>>
>>46376812
>Pa--

Hnnnnng
>>
>>46376812

However, the look she gave you was coupled with a smile. She seemed to plead for you not to worry with her entire expression, and as such, your questions about the King's decision remain to yourself, while others float your mind.

You found yourself looking at her expression a moment more than you had to, and you look away immediately. You turn your head slightly in her direction, but your eyes don't meet hers.

"Well...then how does the rest of the royal family fair?" You remember hearing about the King having more than one daughter, but you were never too certain about it.

Princess Jeanne smiles. "You'll meet the rest of the Elianor family soon enough, brave knight. You'll see for yourself then, yes?" Her tone towards you is warm still. No hint of austerity of authority whatsoever.

You nod and retreat to your thoughts for a little while longer.

What now?

>[ ] Retreat into silence and enjoy the calm of the ride despite the bumps on the road.
>[ ] Attempt to rest.
>[ ] Other.
>>
>>46377061
Too late to rest at this point, >[ ] Ask about the stone.
>>
>>46377061
[X]Attempt to rest
>>
>>46377061
[X] Ask about the stone.
>>
>>46377061
>>[ ] Retreat into silence and enjoy the calm of the ride despite the bumps on the road.

bashful princess + knight a cute
>>
File: 1431556005514.jpg (68 KB, 448x529) Image search: [Google]
1431556005514.jpg
68 KB, 448x529
Sorry I am late, had some commitments.

You seem to be doing a good job.

And fuck you captcha you miserable bitch.
>>
File: 1452636216301.jpg (156 KB, 691x1024) Image search: [Google]
1452636216301.jpg
156 KB, 691x1024
>>46377882
I am very glad you think so, I will do my best to run it nicely!

>>46377144
>>46377580

Stone wins, writing.
>>
>>46378193
>I will do my best to run it nicely!
I believe you will.

Her odds of getting a bad end have probably gone down dramatically without me writing it.
>>
>>46378371

We never know now, do we?
>>
File: 143082353859.jpg (274 KB, 1200x785) Image search: [Google]
143082353859.jpg
274 KB, 1200x785
>>46378371
Leave the bad decision making to us!
>>
>>46377144 >>46377580
>>46377061

You can't tell exactly how much time it was that passed while you retreated into your thoughts while clutching your helmet. What you do know, is that it's gotten a little darker than you remember, the skies now being consumed slowly by orange hues. The blue glow of your princess' eyes was a little more mellow, but nonetheless she seemed a little more glistening with the colours of twilight.

Looking down at her hands, you see the stone, the very stone that your princess was told to chase after and retrieve from the dragon's hoard of treasury and valuable possessions of various shines and hues. But you never understood why they would send a paladin, that are known in your kingdom to be sent away rarely, let alone the king's very daughter to fetch it. It must hold some sort a very high value of some sort.

Jeanne catches your gaze as she moves her hand for the first time. "Caught your eyes, has it?" She asks. It does indeed have a peculiar shine to it, and you nod in confirmation.

Your eyes look towards your princess once more. "Your highness, what is that stone? Surely, for someone like you to be sent to fetch it, it isn't just a simple object of greed, is it?"

Jeanne's expression becomes more serious. She caresses the smooth surface of the stone, her eyes upon it the whole time, until her eyes meet yours and she addresses you. "I will tell you only that it will benefit our kingdom greatly for now. We should be arriving soon, and we will discuss this further another day, perhaps. Catch some rest, what is left of the road is what we built, it'll be a lot smoother now. I'll make sure you're awake upon our arrival."

[1/2]
>>
File: 1458437477484.jpg (33 KB, 250x349) Image search: [Google]
1458437477484.jpg
33 KB, 250x349
>>46379368 (You)
And as she finished, her words come true. The road has becomes less full of bumps and tremors, and you take this chance to take a deep breath and to slouch your figure slightly in relaxation. Your eyes feel the slightest bit heavy, but not enough to make you fall asleep, not unless you give in to it.

Do you:

>[ ] Let yourself fall asleep. You feel like it will be a lot easier now.
>[ ] Disregard that suggestion politely. After today, you'll enjoy seeing your arrival in mostly one piece.
>[ ] Other
>>
>>46379495
> Let yourself fall asleep
Nap time
>>
>>46378501
>>46378638
One of the possible endings involved being a suicidal immortal.

>>46379528
>[ ] Let yourself fall asleep. You feel like it will be a lot easier now.
>>
>>46379495
>>[ ] Disregard that suggestion politely. After today, you'll enjoy seeing your arrival in mostly one piece.
check out date cute princess
>>
>>46379539
>>46379571
I am so sorry for constantly deleting. I keep altering my posts slightly and then forget about the rest of the words.
>>
>>46379548
Oh you can feel free to ignore my vote if you want.
>>
>>46379721

Nonsense! All votes count.
>>
>>46379528
[X] Let yourself fall asleep. You feel like it will be a lot easier now.
>>
>>46379528
>Disregard that suggestion politely. After today, you'll enjoy seeing your arrival in mostly one piece.

You've come this far. It'd be a shame to be caught unawares by bandits and lose your gains.
>>
>>46379785
>It'd be a shame to be caught unawares by bandits and lose your gains.
Basically the back story of the quest I am working on.
>>
>>46379539
>>46379548
>>46379778

Sleepy times then. Writin.
>>
>>46379528
>>46379548 >>46379539 >>46379778

You decide to let yourself give in to your need to rest due to having to perform quite the bit of running and endurance tests and strength feats against a dragon. You catch a final glimpse of your princess smiling towards you as your eyes slowly close and you drift into slumber willingly.

You open your eyes again, but you are not in the wagon anymore. In fact, you're standing, and your ankle isn't hurting, but the landscape is the forests and mountains covered in an orange blanket of blaze and ruin. You turn back, and what you see is your kingdom's capital in the same state, overrun by monstrosities that laid waste to every structure that you saw had some significance. The gates themselves were washed in the blood of those who inhabited it. You tried to run into it to see what you could do to salvage the situation, but something held you in place.

As you looked down to your feet, you saw that a malformed, inhuman skull of fire with jaws wide open rose from the ground, tiny black hands pulling on your skin to keep you in place. You try to use your other foot to kick it out, but it too was anchored to the ground by tiny black hands as well. the skull kept rising from the ashen ground, its menacing jaws open around the ankle you knew that you had injured, and as they closed, you felt a sharp jolt of pain there as flesh and bone was rendered by its jaws.

But you wake up with a gasp. And what you see is that the caravan has stopped, the door is open, and you are being pulled by men with a bright and heavy looking armor, no helmet, and the princess having disappeared.

They seem to have noticed you're awake, but they don't do anything other than stare with passivity. You have a few seconds before they react.

>[ ] Ask politely what is going on and who they are.
>[ ] Engage danger mode. Struggle out of their grasp and fight!
>[ ] Other.
>>
>>46380767
>>[ ] Engage danger mode and ask who they are while on guard.
>>
>>46380767
>[ ] Ask politely what is going on and who they are.
Good-quality, shiny armor=probably not bandits.
>>
>>46380767
>>[ ] Ask politely what is going on and who they are.
>>
Aaaand I'm callin it a day.

I've been at this for about 10 hours now.

Thank you all for participating, if anyone has any questions or criticism to give out, feel free.

Next thread will start on the most voted option.

Also, does anyone have any suggestion for a name? Or are you all fine with Lady Knight Quest?
>>
>>46381707
Lady Knight Quest is pretty accurate.

Thanks for running!
>>
File: 1458654783039.jpg (347 KB, 741x1000) Image search: [Google]
1458654783039.jpg
347 KB, 741x1000
I would shill out my own twitter but don't know if anyone wants that shit.

Celebratory Lady Knight pic.
>>
>>46371239
>lady
>knight
funny
>>
>>46383544

Why are you bumping this upon its death?

Just get off and let this die
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.