[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WrestleQuest 18: Locker Room Leader edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25
File: WrestleQuest.jpg (32 KB, 526x296) Image search: [Google]
WrestleQuest.jpg
32 KB, 526x296
Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=WrestleQuest
Twitter: https://twitter.com/bookerman32
Character Sheet: http://pastebin.com/BdYy5A82
Character Appearances: http://pastebin.com/PTVpM81P
Character Bios: http://pastebin.com/BmRcpCmG
Glossary of Wrestling Terms: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_professional_wrestling_terms

Welcome back to WrestleQuest! This is a SOL Quest in which you take the role of young Robin Winters, as he tries to make it big in the crazy world of pro-wrestling under the persona of The Ace.

Last thread, you went to the fair with Patty to take your mind off of your crumbling social life. Also, you got a call from a TWA mainstay, and he isn't pleased with how you've been carrying yourself.

>Player Question
Fuck, I haven't thought of one for this thread. I don't know, just discuss waifus or whatever it is you guys like.
>>
File: City Pier.jpg (262 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
City Pier.jpg
262 KB, 1024x683
>WEDNESDAY, APRIL 6th 2016

Adam demanded he meet you early in the morning by the pier. You don't want to make the guy mad... or at least, madder than he already is, so arrive a good 10 minutes early. Plus, arriving early gives you time to grab some coffee, wake yourself up a little. The heavy winds blowing on the pier make it difficult to drink, and to concentrate on how you're going to defend yourself to Adam. When he left, Owen offered you, a kid with a month of experience, a shit-ton of responsibility. Responsibility you haven't exactly lived up to in the past week. Sure, it's his fault for being so trusting with a mere rookie, but you readily accepted the opportunity. Perhaps you should have known better.

Before you work out what you're going to say, an upper-class British voice calls out from behind you. "There you are!"

You turn to see Adam, dressed in a dark purple suit and tie, accompanied by fellow TWA Main Eventer Miles Draven in a black longcoat. You always forget just how tall Miles is, and right now he looks more intimidating than ever.

>Okay, let me say a few words first...
>This better be important.
>>
>>46351070

>Okay, let me say a few words first...
>>
>>46351075

Say nothing. Make them talk first.
>>
Calling in 5 minutes without a tie-breaker.
>>
>>46351428

I'll switch my vote to >>46351193's suggestion to speed it up. Besides, we don't even know why Adam's pissed at us.
>>
>>46351456
Okay calling for
>Say Nothing
Writing now.
>>
File: City Pier02.jpg (32 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
City Pier02.jpg
32 KB, 550x412
You decide it's for the best that you stay quiet for now and let Adam speak. After all, you don't want to inadvertently piss him off even more. Adam folds his arms and sneers. "You know, when Owen told me that he thought that you could do a good job as locker room leader after you suggested it to him, I told him he was crazy. You're a kid fresh out of wrestling school, and he thought you could carry the TWA in his absence? Owen's always been a twit like that... but if he trusted you, I trusted you. I can see now that I should have spoke up, because you are doing a terrible job! You've done worse for morale than even Kassius bloody Orwin! You encourage everyone in the locker room to come crying to you with their problems, and you can't even work your own shit out!"

Adam is a fairly short man by wrestling standards, but so are you. And Adam's stretching that half-inch advantage over you as much as he can in order to look imposing. He adjusts his glasses before continuing. "Now, I don't know much about you personally, but I know about your relationship with the Princess. The fact that I know ANYTHING about your personal life is an absolute disgrace. Your job was to keep that in check, not breed more of it. Jesus H. Christ, who even convinced you to put yourself forward as leader anyway, the band girl?"

You don't answer.

"Fucking hell, it was, wasn't it? Well, you've done enough. From now on, you're going to sit down, shut up, and keep to yourself as far as the locker room is concerned. This company is falling apart by the seems, and we don't need you making things even worse. Understood?"

>Yeah, I understand. I messed up.
>If I'm doing such a bad job, why didn't you take on the role? You're much more qualified than I am!
>Then what? The locker room needs a leader.
>>
File: handshake2.jpg (23 KB, 510x275) Image search: [Google]
handshake2.jpg
23 KB, 510x275
>>46351705
>>Yeah, I understand. I messed up.

"And that's why I want to ask for your help."
>>
>>46351705

>>
>>46351705
"Mate, I don't disagree, I have fucked over so many times but to be frank; I am trying my best to deal with all this shit. You want to take over? Sure go ahead, I am going insane thanks to this shit! People comparing me to Omega, who is a complete ass BTW, and just me making terrible decisions everywhere and always regretting everything. For the love of god help!"
>>
File: City Pier03.jpg (4 MB, 3456x2592) Image search: [Google]
City Pier03.jpg
4 MB, 3456x2592

"At least you recognise it," Adam replies, rubbing his left eye in frustration. "To be honest, I was thinking of just growing the balls and taking the position myself, if I weren't on my way out of the company. My match with you on Friday will probably be my last with TWA. Miles will be leaving shortly after, too."

"Then why do you care so much about this position?" you ask.

"Because TWA is dying! Our status has been above a company this size for a long time now, but TWA gave us our first foot in the door, and I'll be damned if it all ends on a bad note! There's no saving TWA now, it's a sinking ship, but the least we can do is make sure the performers don't look back on it as some kind of shithole!"

Adam sighs and adjust his tie. "Problem is, there really isn't anyone who can take the lead and keep things going. Kassius is toxic, Jenny Deth is unstable to say the least, Angelo and the Ghouls don't have a strong enough prescence on the card, and most of the others are all newcomers! Depressing as it is, you really were the best of a very bad lot... but if there's one thing you have done in your time here, you've certainly gotten to know the people you work with. It's what made people so eager to accept you in the first place. I barely even know half of your real names! So tell me... knowing the TWA locker room as well as you do, is there... ANYONE even remotely capable of taking on the role of locker room leader?"

You can hear a hint of pleading in his voice. He's really desperate.

>David
>Kimberly
>Danny
>Jenny
>Yes, there is... Me.
>No, sorry. There really isn't.
>>
>>46352139
>>No, sorry. There really isn't.
You or Miles but you are both leaving.
>>
>>46352139

>Yes, there is... Me.
>>
>>46352194
This plus talk about the disputes that we have settled like angelo and jenny, david and jenny, and danny
>>
Wait a sec could we ask if he could stay for an extra month and help us out with this? If he cares so much about TWA then it shouldn't be that much of a problem.
>>
>>46352194
>>46352240

Cosigning this.
>>
File: City Pier04.jpg (58 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
City Pier04.jpg
58 KB, 800x600
>Yes, there is... Me.

"You fucking what?" Adam looks flabbergasted.

"Look, I know I've messed up lately, but I haven't done as bad a job as you seem to think I have. I've settled more than a few disputes peacefully, and I still have the trust of most of the locker room. I've stumbled at a few hurdles, yes, but I can be better. I can do a better job from here on out. Trust me, I won't let you down."

Adam sighs. "I really don't want to trust you... but fine. Unfortunately, you're still the best of a bad lot. Just... don't fuck up again. For your own sake, and mine."

He turns towards Miles and the two start walking off, before Adam remembers another thing.

"Oh, and by the way... Friday is my last match with the company. Give me a good one."

With that, he leaves. You finish off your coffee and throw it in a nearby trash can. You stretch, wondering how to spend the rest of your day.

>[WHAT DO YOU DO?]
>Go to the Gym
>Watch Wrestling Tapes
>Go to the Mall
>Call David
>Call Kimberly
>Call Danny
>Call Kevin
>Call Patty
>Call Abby
>Call Jenny
>Call Owen
>Call the number on the business card
>>
>>46352556
>>
>>46352556

>>
>>46352556
>>Go to the Gym

Get swole. Seriously though, let's put everything else on the back burner until the match.
>>
>>46352590
Backing
>>
>>46352556
>>Call the number on the business card
>>

You pull the business card out of your jacket pocket and examine it. It's a blank white card with a number printed into it, with no mention of a name or company. All in all it comes across as a little shady. Either way, you decide to give the number a try.

You call it up, and after a few rings, you hear the woman's bored, inexpressive voice on the other end.

"Hello? Who is this?"

You're slightly taken aback to hear her on the other end. "Hi, you gave me your business card last weekend when we met by that gas station... uh, I was kind of expecting an office worker or a receptionist to pick up..."

"No, this is my personal number," the woman explains. "I didn't have any of the company's business cards on me at the time."

"Oh... and what company would that-" you begin to say, but are cut off.

"You're with TWA. I looked you up."

"Yes, I am. And?"

There is a brief pause on the other end.

"Hold on to this number. We'll be in contact very soon."

You nod your head. "Okay, but can I ask who exactly will be in contact-"

*CLICK*

She hung up. Well, that didn't explain anything. Only leaves you with a vague sense of worry. Better find something else to do.

>[WHAT DO YOU DO?]
>Go to the Gym
>Watch Wrestling Tapes
>Go to the Mall
>Call David
>Call Kimberly
>Call Danny
>Call Kevin
>Call Patty
>Call Abby
>Call Jenny
>Call Owen
>>
>>46352973
>>Call David
See if he wants to spar at the gym.
>>
>>46352973
>>Call Kimberly
Try and make her see reason, and fully explain yourself.
>>
>>46352973
>>Call Kimberly
Because even if we aren't together romantically we need to save the friendship
>>
>>46352973
>>Go to the Gym
>>
So who thinks that chick is a talent scout for another wrestling company? Should Robin take the offer if she is?
>>
File: Cellphone call.png (25 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Cellphone call.png
25 KB, 512x512
>Call Kimberly

You know she probably isn't ready to talk to you yet, but you feel the need to try to speak with Kimberly. You call her up her number. The phone rings, but no answer. You should have expected that. You decide to give it another try. You call the number up, and this time there is an answer, but a gruff woman's voice is on the other end.

"Cut it out, Ace!"

"Jenny?" you ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, it's me. The Princess gave me her phone 'cause she thought she'd end up doin' something stupid and callin' you. She's real pissed at ya, and she needs her space. Even I get understand people that much! So what, you want me to pass on a message for you or something?"

>No, I just want to know if she's doing okay.
>Yes, let her know that I'm sorry.
>Yes, let her know that I'm sorry, and I love her.
>>
>>46353333
>>No, I just want to know if she's doing okay.

I see all that gym time has improved our quads.
>>
>>46353333
>>
>>46353333
>Yes, I want to know if she's doing okay and I'm sorry.
>>
>>46353333
>No, I just want to know if she's doing okay
>>
>>46353333
>Yes, I want to know if she's doing okay and I'm sorry.
>>

"Is she doing okay? I don't know... she spends most of her time moping about my place and playing with my cat, so... probably not? She probably needs more time... or something. I'm not good at reading this shit, Ace."

You sigh. "Well, thanks for letting me know, anyway. I just hope I can make things right eventually."

"I'm sure you can!" Jenny exclaims. "Just don't be a total fuck-up next time and say dumb things!"

*CLICK*

You're about to put your phone into your pocket when it starts buzzing again, with Patty on the other end.

"Hello?"

"Hey! I'm standing outside your place right now, but no-one seems to be inside!" Patty's voice explains.

"What are you doing at my apartment?" you ask, confused.

"I thought we could hang out! You know, watch some tapes or something! Things friends do! So, when are you coming back to your place? I feel like an idiot standing in this hallway!"

>I'll be coming back now.
>I won't be coming back until much later, I've got stuff to do in town.
>I don't really want to hang out tonight, Patty.
>>
>>46353667
>>I'll be coming back now.

Maybe we can watch that DVD of early Patty matches.
>>
>>46353667
>>I'll be coming back now.
>>
File: Apartment01.jpg (50 KB, 448x336) Image search: [Google]
Apartment01.jpg
50 KB, 448x336
>I'll be coming back now.

You quickly return to your apartment building, where you find Patty waiting out in the hallway, decked out in her usual oversized coat. You grab your key and let her inside.

"So, what brings you here, Patty?" you ask, curious.

"Like I said, I just thought it would be cool if we could hang out," she replies. "Omega's reached the point where he doesn't need me keeping an eye on him all the time now, and I figured it would be good to spend as much time with my good friend Ace as possible before I go back on the road. Also..."

Patty reaches into the inner pocket of her coat and pulls out her old SPARKLE dvd case. "I'm sure you'll be very interested in watching a masterful wrestler like me at work!"

You laugh. "Your old shows? Isn't that like putting on a video of your high school theatre performance? Won't that be embarrassing for you?"

Patty smirks. "That's implying that I wasn't always this amazingly talented, and you'd be wrong! Besides, I have much less acne in this video than I did in high-school. Come on, it'll be fun! I have no ulterior motives for being here!"

"You do know saying that makes me suspect you have ulterior motives, right?"

Patty stamps her foot, impatiently. "Well, I guess if you don't want to watch it..."

>Hey, I didn't say I didn't want to watch it! I do!
>Why are you really here, Patty? You must want something?
>>
>>46354113
>>
>>46354113
>>Hey, I didn't say I didn't want to watch it! I do!
>>
Have to take a trip to the shops, so there will probably be a 10 minute delay on the next post.
>>
>>46354113

>>
>>46354113

Kinda surprised Jenny didn't just tell Robin to fuck off. Also concerned that we're naively blundering into another awkward situation right now. (At the very least, David is being set up for some killer lines.)
>>
Okay, I'm back. Writing now.
>>
File: Apartment04.jpg (7 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
Apartment04.jpg
7 MB, 3648x2736
"Yeah, I thought so..." Patty replies with a teasing grin. She starts to set up the video on your tv, before firmly plopping herself down on your couch, patting the space next to her. You sigh, and take a seat next to her.

"So... how long ago was this show?" You ask.

Patty strains her eyes, thinking for a moment. "About... six years, I think? I would have been about 19."

Only a year older than you are now. Patty in her rookie year will be an odd sight to see.

"Damn, I remember this show!" Patty exclaims as the video starts up. I'm pretty early on the card... I was rocking the long hair in a high-top ponytail look. Like, very high-top. I miss that look, I was cute as a button. Then again, I'm still cute as a button!"

"How high-top are you talking?" you ask.

"It started at the top of the crown," she explains, pointing out the spot on her head. "Don't laugh, I was playing a comedy character at the time! Besides, I pulled it off."

You sit and watch the show with Patty until the third match on the card, when a young, tiny woman with a dark brown ponytail steps out from behind the curtain.

"See?" she exclaims. "Look at that and tell me that isn't adorable!"

>Okay, fine. It's pretty cute.
>You look fine no matter what way your hair is.
>Meh.
>>
>>46355004

>>
>>46355004
>>Meh.
>>
>>46355004
>Okay, fine. It's pretty cute
>>
File: Apartment tv.jpg (6 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
Apartment tv.jpg
6 KB, 225x300

"Ha, told you so!" she laughs, nudging you with her elbow.

The match that follows is a pretty decent one. Nothing really special, but you can definitely see talent in Patty as she goes back and forth with a woman by the name of Lucy Martinez. She's likely improved a lot since then, but even in such an early point in her career she shows a lot of potential, displaying a solid affinity for technical wrestling and, unsurprisingly, playing a heel. The one thing that catches your attention is a certain spot in the match. With Martinez thrown to the outside of the ring, Patty performs a dive through the ropes to the outside, launching herself head-first into the fan barricade. Knowing what you know, you can tell the way she performed the dive was anything but safe, and you wince as you see the young Patty clutching the back of her neck in pain after the connection.

"Yeah... that was pretty nasty," Patty says nervously. "But hey, I was young and stupid! And sometimes you have to do stupid shit like that to get the attention you need!"

It's then that you notice an all too familiar face sitting in the front row. "Is that... Omega?"

"What!?" Patty exclaims, panicking that you noticed. "Umm... are you really that surprised? He would always show up to indie shows like this! It's not like I did that crazy dive just to try to impress him!"

You don't say anything, which Patty interprets as you judging her. "Yeah? Well, that stupid dive might have made my career! When I was first signed by UPW, they stuck me down in their developmental for ages, without me actually going anywhere! The only reason I was promoted to the main roster was because Omega explicitly requested to feud with me, to give me a shot!"

"You almost got yourself killed trying to get your childhood crush to notice you?" you ask.
>>
"Yeah, and I've tried to keep impressing him ever since, but that doesn't seem to work, does it?!" Patty is beginning to get frustrated even talking about it. "So many times I've tried to connect with that loser! Against all my better judgement, I keep on trying to help him in the hopes that one day, he'll magically turn into the better person he's supposed to be, get down on one knee and propose like some kind of romance novel! And not even a good one! A terribly written and cliched one that properly sends a terrible message to the stupid young women reading it!"

Patty takes a deep breath, trying to calm herself. "You know, when he retired... I wanted to stop the games and the insults and the pretending and just tell him I loved him. Cut all the bullshit, you know? I had him alone moments before his last match... and I chickened out at the last second. Instead, all I said was 'So, I guess I won't be seeing you around anymore...' and all he said was 'Yeah, probably.' That was going to be the last thing we said to each-other before I found an awful excuse to spend more time with him. Ugh... I'm pathetic, aren't I?"

>Yeah, that's pretty pathetic.
>Why do you keep wasting your time on Omega? He's never going to change.
>I wouldn't give up. Kevin's starting to grow as a person, and I'm sure he cares about you.
>You should really focus on other guys. You deserve better than an Omega.
>>
>>46355712
>I wouldn't give up. Kevin's starting to grow as a person, and I'm sure he cares about you.
>>
>>46355712

>>
>>46355712
>But you probably shoudnt ask me for relationship advice.
>>
>>46355858
Yup
>>
File: Apartment02.jpg (88 KB, 800x536) Image search: [Google]
Apartment02.jpg
88 KB, 800x536

"I really hope that's true..." Patty sighs. "I hate to think I've wasted all this time on some guy who's never going to love me back. I've tried so hard to help him become less of a jackass, become the good person I know he's capable of, but nothing seemed to work. You got through to him pretty well on your little road trip, but I have no idea how."

"Actually, I punched him," you sheepishly reply.

Patty bursts into a gut-filled laughter. "Yeah, that sound about right... just the kind of message the old fart understands!" Her laughter calms down, and she lets out another sigh before resting her head on your shoulder. "Geez, I don't know... I don't want to give up on the guy, but with me leaving soon, it's pretty much now or never with making progress. I don't even know if I have the courage to be honest about how I feel with the guy. Right now, I'm just that bully who pulls his pigtails because I have a crush... but, you know, with the genders reversed."

She smiles. "Thanks, Ace... just having someone to talk to for once is a big help."

You hear a click, and the creaking of the door as David steps into the apartment. He takes one look at Patty leaning against you before he speaks.

"I thought I said to take a break from your girlfriends."

You rush to explain, but Patty beats you to it, jolting up and throwing up her hands defensively. "It's now what it looks like! It's completely platonic, I swear! Platonic! I wasn't even thinking about doing anything!"

You sigh, her panicked rambling making the two of you sound more guilty than the scene looked.

David only shrugs. "Whatever. Clear off the couch, would you? I'm going to sleep."

Patty turns to you. "I guess that's my cue to take off. Catch you later, Ace."

At first, she begins to offer a hug, but quickly changes to an awkward pat on the shoulder before taking off.

With nothing else to do, you retire for the night.
>>
>THURSDAY, APRIL 7th 2016

Another day, and only one more day removed from your big match against Adam. You pick yourself out of bed, pondering over what to do during the day.

>[WHAT DO YOU DO?]
>Go to the Gym
>Watch Wrestling Tapes
>Go to the Mall
>Talk to David
>Call Danny
>Call Kevin
>Call Patty
>Call Abby
>Call Jenny
>Call Owen
>>
>>46356260
>>Talk to David
>>
>>46356260
>>Call Jenny
We need to start fixing shit and Kimberelu needs to hear the whole story before we can rectify anything.
>>
>>46356260
>Go to the Gym
Seriously, no more relationship drama today, and no more calling exes. We have a match soon, and we have to prepare.
>>
>>46356260

>Go to the Gym
>>
>>46355858

This.
>>
>>46356260
>Go to the gym
With David perhaps? I figure in terms of taking the reins of leadership seriously, start with a sit rep with the guy who has your back and move on from there.
>>
File: GYM.jpg (36 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
GYM.jpg
36 KB, 500x333
>Go to the Gym

Time to get some training in before your big match. Adam Black is a top-tier talent, and if this is his TWA farewell, then you really want to have the best showing possible. Not only that, but your rematch with Kassius isn't too far away either, and you sure as hell want to look good when you win the title.

You arrive at the gym early in the morning, eager to train.

>[CHOOSE ONE]
>STRIKING
>POWER
>TOUGHNESS
>ATHLETICS
>>
>>46356559
>STRIKING
>>
>>46356559
>>TOUGHNESS
>>
>>46356559
>Power
>>
>>46356559

>STRIKING
>>
>>46356559
>POWER
I'll stick by what I said last time, everyone needs to stop taking advantage of Robin's kindness.
>>
>>
>>46356964
Power
>>
>>46356964

I guess I'll switch my vote (>>46356703) to Power to speed it up.
>>
File: Weight machine.jpg (39 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Weight machine.jpg
39 KB, 600x400
>[YOUR POWER STAT HAS REACHED RANK 3!]

You decide to spend the day working on building upon your strength. You focus on working out with the weight machine until your muscles are sore. Examining yourself afterwards, you take note of the impressive amount of muscle you seem to have gained recently. You think of possibly re-weighing yourself sometime, as you are undoubtedly heavier than you last checked.

After a long hard day of training you hop in your car and head home. Arriving back at your apartment, you find David on the couch with a plate of food in his lap. "How was the gym?" he asks.

"Pretty good, I think I'm making some serious progress... though my muscles are aching. No pain, no gain."

David grunts in acknowledgement as he chows down on his dinner.

You throw your gym bag into your room and wonder on how you should spend the evening.

>[WHAT DO YOU DO?]
>Watch Wrestling Tapes
>Call Danny
>Call Kevin
>Call Patty
>Call Abby
>Call Jenny
>Call Owen
>>
>>46357197
Talk to David?
>>
>>46357197

>Watch Wrestling Tapes

>>46357249

I think we've fucked up our personal life enough/don't have a high enough social link to be super-chummy with David.
>>
>>46357197
Seconding
>>46357249
>>
>>46357284
It was more like a combination of us saying things we probably shouldn't have and other people dropping emotionally draining situations on us while we were already impaired.
>>
>>46357284
Be good just to vent to someone though yeah? Even if it's just to say sorry for anything thrown his way becuase of Robin.
>>
>>46357197
>Call Danny
We're going to have to stop running eventually. We may as well start with what should feesably be the simplest problem.

I will also be okay with Calling Owen, to give us advice on being an actual locker room leader, or talking to David.
>>
>>46357197
>Call Owen
We need help.
>>
>>46357350
I think our discussion with Danny was supposed to be us venting, then he fucked us.
Unintentional though it was.
>>
>>46357197
>Watch Wrestling Tapes
With David. Literally the only thing that's working for Robin right now is being Ace. Let's focus on that.
>>
>>46357249
>>46357284
>>46357324
>>46357450
Calling for a combination of these.

>Watch Wrestling Tapes with David

Writing now.
>>
>>46357447
I think meeting with Danny was two guys hanging around the mall ya know? But it was an intentional fucking of Robin as he just left without haring everything.
>>
>>46357450
Parker Luck, like I said threads earlier.
>>
>>46357509
Hearing. Goddamn how'd I fuck that up? I'm not even drinking!
>>
>>46357509
Yes, intentional fucking of Robin by you and your shitty write-in
>>
>>46357557
Jesus Christ dude, just let it go.
>>
>>46357557
In fairness, I think Sleepy voted for but didn't actually write that psycho statement.

Not much of a defence, though.
>>
>>46357601
He wrote something identical directly above it, so regardless he wanted it to happen. And then immediately started accusing people of same fagging
>>
File: Wrestling Tapes.jpg (549 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Wrestling Tapes.jpg
549 KB, 1600x1200
After throwing your bag on the floor of your room, you return to the main room of your apartment, grabbing your box of old tapes and sitting yourself down on the couch next to David.

"Studying?" he grunts between bites of his food.

"Yep. Big match tomorrow."

"Yeah, that Adam Black's a hell of a submission wrestler. You'll have to work hard to look even half as impressive as him in the ring."

You nod, as you scour through your collection, trying to find the right tape to put on.

>[CHOOSE ONE]
>TECHNICAL
>SUBMISSION
>FLYING
>CHARISMA
>DIRTY
>PSYCHOLOGY
>HARDCORE
>>
>>46357641
>>SUBMISSION
>>
>>46357641
>>SUBMISSION
If you can't beat 'em, join em
>>
>>46357622
OK. Well, I promised earlier that I wouldn't do meta-quest stuff while BookerMan was running, so let's shelve it for now.

>>46357641
>SUBMISSION
Thanks for the tip, brother.
>>
>>46357641
>FLYING
Guys, if we lock up with him in a submission match, we'll get fucked. We have to play to our own strengths to beat him.
>>
>>46357641

>SUBMISSION
>>
>>46357701
I'm assuming that the Submission skill includes counters.
>>
>>46357701
Yes this is true but if we learn what different submission look like we should be able to defend against them a bit easier no?
>>
>SUBMISSION

You decide to study the art of submission wrestling, considering it will likely play a large role in your match against Black. To that end, you put in your tape of the classic 5-Star "I Quit" match between "The Sharpshooter" Stu Soul and Stunning Steve Awesome. You take note of how consistently and thoroughly Soul works on the limbs throughout the match, softening them up and preparing them for any one of his various submission holds.

As you take notes, David speaks up. "By the way, my first paycheck for janitor work is coming in tomorrow. It's not a lot, but I'm going to start looking for a place of my own as soon as I can. I don't think either of like the idea of me staying on this couch any longer than I need to."

>That's good news. Glad to see things are looking up!
>Well, you don't have to rush. You're always welcome here.
>>
>>46358016
>>Well, you don't have to rush. You're always welcome here.
>>
>>46358016
>>
>>46358016
>That's good news. Glad to see things are looking up!
The other option makes Robin seem like a needy bitch who can't be happy for his friend.
>>
>>46358016
>>Well, you don't have to rush. You're always welcome here.
Besides, I like the banter.
>>
>>46358104
Or we are understandably clinging to the only friend who seems to have our back after a trying time.
>>
>>46358016
>That's good news, glad to see things aree looking up!
>>
>>46358138
>clinging
Exactly. David will feel like Robin is imposing on him.

The self obsession and lack of social awareness on display in quest threads is really quite disturbing sometimes.
>>
>>46358212
Or I'm voting for something that is in character but not optimal. Robin Isn't us, we just control him.
>>
>>46358212
Or, and I'm going to be yelled at for being wrong, Robin is saying he doesn't have to rush it, he can take his time build up some money or get a better deal? Maybe?
>>
>>46358247
>implying that Robin has an established character
>>
File: Apartment03.jpg (39 KB, 770x386) Image search: [Google]
Apartment03.jpg
39 KB, 770x386

David shrugs. "Good to know, but I'd rather not stay here any longer than I have to. No sense being a burden."

"You haven't been a burden," you explain with a smile. "It's actually been pretty fun having a room-mate."

"Yeah, it has been pretty fun..." David mutters, "But still, I'd definitely prefer having my own bed. I'm way too tall for your couch, Ace."

You and David chat and watch tapes well into the night, before you both decide to hit the hay.

>FRIDAY, APRIL 8th 2016

Tonight's the night of your big match against Adam. You yawn and stretch as you get out of bed and start changing clothes, ready for the day ahead.

>[WHAT DO YOU DO?]
>Go to the Gym
>Watch Wrestling Tapes
>Go to the Mall
>Talk to David
>Call Danny
>Call Kevin
>Call Patty
>Call Abby
>Call Jenny
>Call Owen
>>
>>46358445
>>Go to the Mall
Gotta get that mask so we can get Best End.
>>
>>46358445
>>Go to the Mall

>>46358477
Completely forgot about that mask.
>>
>>46358477
Seconded.
>>
>>46358445
>Call Danny
Or
>Call Owen

Lets start tackling some problems. Otherwise after show will suck.
>>
>>46358445
>Call Danny
There might be too many idiots in this thread for Robin to talk to the guy in a sensible way, but we should try to let Danny off the hook here.
>>
>>46358521
Lay off the personal attacks.
>>
>>46358477
Masssk
>>
>>46358610
Oh shit since when could a snek use the computer!
>>
Yeah. I'll have to chip in that I like the mask idea.
[X] Go to the mall
>>
>>46358521
He needs to know he betrayed our trust even if we forgive him.
>>
Get the mask and get out. Don't bother anybody, don't cause any drama that we can't wrestle away.
>>
File: wrestling-gear-store.jpg (134 KB, 553x214) Image search: [Google]
wrestling-gear-store.jpg
134 KB, 553x214
>Go to the mall

You decide to take a trip to the mall and pick out some new gear right before your big match. After all, you still have plenty of money to spend after your trip with Omega. You hop into the wrestling gear store and begin to look around at everything they have on offer. Some fitting your character, some... less so, but they are very interesting to look at regardless.

>Funds: 2490$
>Store Contents: http://pastebin.com/XLged7af
>>
>>46358835
Ace of Spades Mask - 90$
>>
>Ace of Spades Suite - 195$
Mask, Shirt, Pants
>>
>>46358835
Just browse.

Our theme for this segment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY_bhVSGKEg
>>
>>46358936
Out you Canadian Demon! Out!
>>
>>46358835
Seconding
>>46358920
>>
>>46358920
Yup, second.
>>
>>46358835

Mask, Shirt, Pants
>>
>>46358835
>>
File: Locker Room.jpg (115 KB, 960x639) Image search: [Google]
Locker Room.jpg
115 KB, 960x639

You purchase a set of "Ace of Spades" themed gear, completing the look of your gimmick. Pretty good idea to debut the updated outfit tonight during the number one contender's match. It's nice to see that your gear has a consistent color scheme of black and white now, which really works to tie your whole look together.

After you pay for your items, you quickly leave the store and make your way back to your apartment to prepare for the show tonight.

>LATER
>BACKSTAGE AT TWA

There's more than a few faces you don't really want to bump into during the show, for obvious reasons, so you resign yourself to waiting in the locker room for the most part. You sit alone, trying hard to focus on the match at hand, becoming The Ace and putting all else out of your mind.

"You're up next," Steinberg says as he pokes his head through the locker room door. "Put on a good show."

You take a deep breath, and make your way towards the curtain.
>>
>>46358835
Is Ace of Spades another wrestler? Let's not steal gimmicks
>>
>>46359496
>Let's not steal gimmicks
Why not? It worked for Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, and Hulk Hogan.
>>
>>46359496
I don't think Ace of Spades is another wrestler. At the very least, I think Booker would let us know if it was.
>>
>>46359564
>I don't think Ace of Spades is another wrestler.
Probably not. But it's definitely referencing something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iwC2QljLn4

I'm guessing that BookerMan intended to use that as Ace's heel/bigtime theme.
>>
>>46359628
For a bit more background on the Ace of Spades.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ace_of_spades
>>
File: ring.jpg (109 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
ring.jpg
109 KB, 1280x960
The band hits your music as you step out from behind the curtain and pose for the audience, to a nice pop.

>THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS SET FOR ONE-FALL! INTRODUCING FIRST... FROM NEW YORK CITY, WEIGHING IN AT 180LBS... THE AAAAAAAACE!

You climb into the ring, and pose for the audience once again, before awaiting the arrival of Adam Black.

>AND HIS OPPONENT...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9OBf8f55tU

A piece of classical music plays as the upper-class Adam Black steps out from behind the curtain to large booing from the audience. He sneers and raises his arms in a regal pose as he saunters down to the ring. Adam Black, submission expert, and long time rival of the everyman in Owen Barnes. With his greatest opponent out of the company, Black is desperate to get his hands on the gold that Barnes always denied him, the TWA title, and will stop at nothing to get it.

He climbs into the ring, and immediately charges, taking you down with several cheapshot punches before the bell has even rung.

*DING DING*

The match officially is underway, but Black is already laying in the offense, hammering away with punches, while also stomping on your leg for added damage. He soon turns his full attention to the leg, dragging it towards the ropes, rolling out of the ring and smashing your leg against the ring apron, trying to soften it up. He rolls into the ring and immediately places you into a basic ankle lock.

>[TECH] Roll out of it to escape. (ROLL D100+3)
>[SUB] Reverse into an ankle lock of your own. (ROLL D100+3)
>[PSY] Grab the ropes and force a break. (ROLL D100+6)
>>
Rolled 80 + 3 (1d100 + 3)

>>46359792
>>[TECH] Roll out of it to escape. (ROLL D100+3)
Shit he ain't holding back huh?
>>
Rolled 99 + 3 (1d100 + 3)

>>46359792
>[TECH] Roll out of it to escape.
We should do the rope breaks later in the match.
>>
Rolled 9 + 6 (1d100 + 6)

>>46359792
>Grab the ropes and force a break. (ROLL D100+6)
>>
Rolled 11 + 3 (1d100 + 3)

>>46359792
>>[TECH] Roll out of it to escape. (ROLL D100+3)
>>
Well then. Robin is a Technician.
>>
>>46359850
Based [TECH] roll there.
>>
>>46359888
No, we're telling a story. Adam's feeling out the new boy, finds out that Ace can make an escape. Later we'll be going to rope breaks to show that the real technician is getting the better of us.
>>
>Roll out of it to escape.

While Adam is clutching tightly to your right leg, you manage to gain footing with your left, and use this new-found leverage to roll forward, escaping the hold as well as throwing Black forwards, as he falls out of the ring through the middle rope landing on the padded floor on the outside.

You clutch your right ankle and try to shake of some of the pain, as Adam climbs back into the ring, frustrated look on his face. It seems he didn't expect the rookie to escape one of his holds so easily. Keep this up, and Black might stop going easy. As he comes in, you swing with a clothesline, but with your ankle in pain, you don't have to balance to land it properly, as Adam easily ducks under, taking advantage, grabbing you from behind a lift you up for a backdrop, taking you down on to the mat. He turns his attention back to your ankle, finding his target and working on it. He lifts your leg, wraps his arms around it, and falls backwards, slamming your ankle into the mat with a targeted DDT. You wince in pain, as Adam seems intent on dealing out more punishment. He grabs you by the leg again, intent on repeating the move, but this time you have it scouted, rising onto your left leg, and leaping up to take him down with an enzuigiri. Black falls to one knee as you move over to a rope, leaning against it to support yourself.

Angry, Adam charges at you while you're against the ropes.

>[STRIKE] Come at him with a clothesline. (ROLL D100+6)
>[POW] Wait for him to come, then perform a backdrop tossing him to the outside. (ROLL D100+6)
>[PSY] Wait for him to come, then pull down the ropes, sending him to the outside. (ROLL D100+6)
>>
>>46359888

As a kinda-luchador and a face, aren't we supposed to fit the tecnico archetype?
>>
Rolled 10 + 6 (1d100 + 6)

>>46360233
>>[PSY] Wait for him to come, then pull down the ropes, sending him to the outside. (ROLL D100+6)
Have to do it. Just makes it funnier when he'll get mad.
>>
Rolled 22 + 6 (1d100 + 6)

>>46360233
>[POW] Wait for him to come, then perform a backdrop tossing him to the outside

>>46360250
Ace is an Indy spotmonkey, striving to become more well-rounded.
>>
Rolled 64 + 6 (1d100 + 6)

>>46360233
>>[PSY] Wait for him to come, then pull down the ropes, sending him to the outside. (ROLL D100+6)
OLE
>>
Rolled 59 + 6 (1d100 + 6)

>>46360233
>[PSY] Wait for him to come, then pull down the ropes, sending him to the outside. (ROLL D100+6)
>>
Rolled 43 + 6 (1d100 + 6)

>>46360233
>>[POW] Wait for him to come, then perform a backdrop tossing him to the outside. (ROLL D100+6)
>>
>Wait for him to come, then pull down the ropes, sending him to the outside.

Adam charges at you, and with your leg giving out, there's not much you can do. Timing the moment just right, you use your weight to pull down the ropes, sending Adam careening once again to the outside. This time he lands on his feet, with nothing hurt but his dignity. The crowd cheers you on and jeers at Adam as he places his hands on his hips and shakes his head, before getting mad and grabbing you by the foot from ringside, jerking you down and pulling you out of the ring, as you fall face first onto the padding on the outside.

Adam is ready to this out some proper punishment, as he reaches down, grabbing you from behind, and lifting you up for an impressive release German Suplex on the outside. You don't have time to clutch your neck after the landing, as Adam picks you up and rolls you back into the ring. You rise to your knees, only to be rocked by a knee to the face from Adam. He goes for a quick pin.

1...2... Kickout.

Frustrated, Adam goes for another pin immediately afterwards, this time hooking the leg.

1...2... you kick out again.

Adam stands and gets in the referee's face, claiming that it was a three count and demanding that the bell be rung. Doing this leaves his back turned to you, as you can take advantage of the situation.

>[DIRT] Pull him into a schooboy pin from behind. (ROLL D100)
>[CHA] Perform a kip-up. (ROLL D100 +9)
>>
Rolled 89 + 9 (1d100 + 9)

>>46360667
Shawn Michaels time
>>
Rolled 81 + 9 (1d100 + 9)

>>46360667
>>[CHA] Perform a kip-up. (ROLL D100 +9)
>>
Rolled 40 + 9 (1d100 + 9)

>>46360667
>Perform a kip up
>>
Rolled 8 + 9 (1d100 + 9)

>>46360667
>[CHA] Perform a kip-up.

>>46360715
Ace is not your boy toy.
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>46360667
>>[DIRT] Pull him into a schooboy pin from behind. (ROLL D100)

Yeah yeah yeah, something about "Faces would never take advantage of the perfect opportunity to win!"
>>
>>46360667
This is fun, it's just like hunting!
>>
>>46360747
Boy do I wish we could go through a not Shaen Michaels heel run
>>
>>46360667
Let's put this Augus-clone down!
>>
Booker are you gonna start adding bonuses and penalties to our matches based on if the match is good or not?
>>
Rolled 20 + 9 (1d100 + 9)

>>46360667

>>
>Perform a kip-up.

With his back turned, Black doesn't notice you kip-up to your feet behind him, though the huge pop from the crowd clues him in that something just happened. As he turns around, he finds himself being rocked in the head with a big roundhouse kick, stunning him and throwing him off balance, as you pull him in for a suplex. You lift him up and drop him flat on his back. You aren't finished with your counter attack just yet, as you run towards the ropes as fast as your poor leg will allow, rebounding to hit the downed Adam with a big senton, bringing all of your weight down on him.

After that impressive combination, you go for the pin. 1... 2... Kickout.

You figured it would take more than that to keep someone like Adam Black down for the count, but now you're starting to gain control of the match. You bring Adam to his feet and whip him into the ropes, ramming him back first into the turnbuckle. You run to hit him with a clothesline in the corner, but Black is possibly the craftiest wrestlers you've ever come across, and the most technically skilled, somehow, he manages to avoid the clothesline, and in a matter of seconds, spin you around with your back facing him. Using the middle rope as a jumping off point, Black hops onto you back and wraps his arms around you throat, placing you in one of his signature holds, a sleeper he likes to call the Fade to Black. You struggle trying hard to shake him off, but he wraps his legs around your body and clings on tight like a gremlin, guiding you like a jockey to the center of the ring as you begin to get dizzy as the energy is choked out of you. You have to act fast before the hold causes you to pass out.

[PSY] Find the ropes. (ROLL D100+6)
[POW] Toss him over your shoulder. (ROLL D100+6)
[TECH] Fall onto your back, pinning Adam's shoulders to the mat. (ROLL D100+3)
>>
Rolled 56 + 6 (1d100 + 6)

>>46361230
>[PSY] Find the ropes. (ROLL D100+6)
>>
Rolled 70 + 6 (1d100 + 6)

>>46361230
>[PSY] Find the ropes.
Let's not bury his finisher.
>>
Rolled 3, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 3, 3, 3, 1, 3, 2, 1, 3, 3, 3, 1 = 50 (25d3)

>>46361230
>[TECH] Fall onto your back, pinning Adam's shoulders to the mat. (ROLL D100+3)
>>
Rolled 81 + 3 (1d100 + 3)

>>46361230
Cause that sounds fun!
>>
Rolled 48 + 3 (1d100 + 3)

>>46361321
what was that?
>>
>>46361321
??? How'd that happen anon?
>>
>>46361360
I have no fucking clue
>>
Calling in 5 minutes without a tie-breaker
>>
Rolled 69 + 3 (1d100 + 3)

>>46361230
>>
>Fall onto your back, pinning Adam's shoulders to the mat.

You're losing consciousness fast, and with your vision starting to blur, you find yourself with only one thing you can do. You use what little left of your energy there is to fall backwards, managing to pin Adam's shoulders to the mat with your weight. Once the referee begins the count, Adam is forced to break the hold in order to kick out, setting you free. As air manages to fill back into your lungs, Adam continues his attack. He performs a few ground stomps to you while you're still down and recovering, before he yells at the audience for having the gall to chant your name and not his. Once he's done antagonising the crowd and receiving a chorus of boos from it, he turns his attention back to you, dragging to to your feet by the mask. Holding tight to your head, he first delivers a knee strike to your face before turning you around, and putting you into position for a spinning neckbreaker manoeuvre.

>[TECH] Break out of it with an arm wringer. (ROLL D100+3)
>[FLY] Turn things around with a head-scissors. (ROLL D100+6)
>[CHA] Spin it around and hit the Ace Crusher. (ROLL D100+9)
>>
Rolled 9 + 9 (1d100 + 9)

>>46361771
YOOOOOO!
>>
Rolled 57 + 6 (1d100 + 6)

>>46361771
>>[FLY] Turn things around with a head-scissors. (ROLL D100+6)

I don't think we need to show him up
>>
Rolled 38 + 6 (1d100 + 6)

>>46361771
>>
Rolled 19 + 6 (1d100 + 6)

>>46361771
>[FLY] Turn things around with a head-scissors. (ROLL D100+6)
As if there isn't any other option
>>
Rolled 3 + 6 (1d100 + 6)

>>46361771
>>
Rolled 9 + 9 (1d100 + 9)

>>46361771
>this glorious heel routine.
Adam's quite a worker.

>[CHA] Spin it around and hit the Ace Crusher.
>>
Rolled 99 + 9 (1d100 + 9)

>>
>all dem low rolls

Welp. We tried
>>
>>46361935
>>46360715

Look like its my night
>>
>>46361935
This
>>
>>46361935
BAM!
>>
>>
>>46362204
>>[CHA] Spin it around and hit the Ace Crusher.
>>
Rolled 49 + 9 (1d100 + 9)

>>46361771
>>[CHA] Spin it around and hit the Ace Crusher. (ROLL D100+9)
>>
>Spin it around and hit the Ace Crusher.

Adam holds you tight in the hold for a spinning neckbreaker, but you continue to struggle with all of your might, managing to break free and spin out of it, using the momentum to grab him by the neck and pull him face first into the mat. ACE CRUSHER CONNECTS!

Exhausted, you turn Adam around and go for the pin, barely able to hook the leg.

1... 2... 3!

*DING DING*

>Here is your winner... THE AAAAAAAAACE!

With very little energy left, you roll out of the ring after the hard fought battle and make your way up the ramp. As you do, Adam recovers and grabs a microphone in order to address the cheering crowd.

"Oh, I bet you peons think it's just great that once again I've been denied my rightful shot at the TWA title! You people have always been so stupid, from the moment I walked in through these doors. In my very first match, you people all chose to cheer on a idiotic pleb like Owen Barnes over me... and where is he now? He left! And I stayed behind! But even then you people won't show me the respect I deserve. Well, no more! You want to me to go, then fine! I QUUUUIT!"

He drops the mic, and storms off to the back.
>>
File: Bar.jpg (2 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
Bar.jpg
2 MB, 4000x3000
>LATER, AT THE BAR

Adam ended his last match with the company going out like a true heel, the way he always wanted. The two of you shared a respectful handshake after the match had ended, while everyone bar Kassius went back to the bar after the show as usual.

Of course, the air was very different tonight than usual, as you find yourself having to avoid several faces, as they attempt to avoid you in turn. Jenny and Kimberly share a booth together, while Abby hides out among the rest of the band, you find yourself sitting on a booth beside Kevin Omega in his usual spot perched over the bar counter. You begin to wonder if he actually even likes this bar, or he likes coming here to wait for you to arrive after shows.

You don't have much time to chat with Omega before Patty walks through the door and... well, she's not dressed in her usual ill-fitting coat. Instead, you find her wearing something completely unlike her. A small black sparking dress, with a low-cut frilly skirt and matching high-heels, which she seems to have trouble walking in. Heck, she looks very uncomfortable wearing any of it. Confused, you find that you just have to approach her.

"Hey... is this too much?" she asks, nervously. "I'm catching a flight to DC in four hours. Returning to UPW, and I figured that this could be like a kinda... going-away party for me, so I wanted to dress fancy. It's too much, isn't it?"

You don't have the heart to tell her that her farewell will undoubtedly be upstaged by the farewell of a mainstay of the TWA roster in Adam.

>Wow, you look great.
>You don't have to dress like that to impress these guys.
>Are you trying to look good for Omega?
>>
>>46362788
>>Are you trying to look good for Omega?
>>
>>46362788
>>
>>46362788
>>You don't have to dress like that to impress these guys.

Apply full CHA bonus.
>>
>>46362881
Backing
>>
>>46362788
>>
File: Bar Counter.jpg (168 KB, 471x395) Image search: [Google]
Bar Counter.jpg
168 KB, 471x395
>Are you trying to look good for Omega?

Patty folds her arms and immediately goes on the defensive. "Yeah? So what if I am? I'm allowed to look good! This could be my last chance with the guy!"

She brushes past you and orders a drink, before turning around to face everyone else in the bar, tapping the side of her glass as if she was about to make a toast. When this doesn't make a loud enough sound to grab people's attention, she grabs an empty glass from the counter and starts to awkwardly clink them together until people look in her direction.

"Hi!" she exclaims eagerly, as people pay attention to her. "Uhh... As most of you may know, I'm a big UPW Star, and the reason I've been around a lot is because I was taking a couple weeks off to take care of this loser right here!" She sets down one of the glasses in order to pat Kevin on the back. Kevin doesn't turn around from his position on his stool, instead taking a sip of his drink.

"Anyway, the time has come for me to go back to my high-paying, respectable career for the biggest wrestling company in the world. I know I've only been around for two weeks and most of you don't know me... and most of you who do know me, I didn't exactly... endear myself to, but... well, I'm actually a pretty awesome person. I enjoyed my time here, and... uhhh... I'm great. So..."

She raises her glass high in the air. "To me!"

Nobody else raises a glass. Instead, the all return to their business. You feel intensely uncomfortable as Patty's smile fades. She isn't exactly leaving many friends behind.

>Raise your glass.
>Don't raise your glass.
>>
>>46363400
>>Raise your glass.
Maybe next time leave some of the bitchiness out?
>>
>>46363400
>Raise your glass
>>
>>46363400
Raise it
>>
>>46363400
>Raise Your Glass

>Insert terrible song pun here.
>>
>>46363400
>>Raise your glass.
>to catch all the spaghetti falling out of Patty's pockets
>>
>>46363400
>>Raise your glass.
>>
File: Bar jukebox.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Bar jukebox.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
>Raise your glass.

You raise your glass high into the air, but it's a bit too late when you do. Everyone else has already turned their attention away from Patty. At least Patty sees your gesture, and she gives you a weak smile in return, before taking a deep breath and turning her attention towards Kevin.

"So jackass, four more hours and I'll be out of your hair!" she jokes. "I bet you're happy!"

"Yes. Very." Kevin replies before taking a swig of his drink. "What's with the ridiculous dress?"

Patty glances over to you and clenches up her fist, deliberating hard on what to say, whether she should open up to Omega, whether she even can open up or not.

She stands, silently squirming, trying to muster up the courage, before finally, she spits out "So, I guess I won't be seeing you around anymore..."

Without looking up from his glass, Omega replies. "Yeah, probably."

Patty frowns as she slinks away from Omega, making her way over to the jukebox. She inhales sharply, and exhales slowly and deliberately as she picks out a song from the list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFx-5PGLgb4

Omega's head jerks up as soon as he hears the first few notes of the song, and he shakes his head as he steps off of the barstool. He looks over in the direction of Patty, who is now marching determined towards him with a fire in her eyes.

"NO," he announces flatly, but Patty strides up to his face and begins to speak.

"Omega-"

"NO."

"I-"

"NO. I THOUGHT WE HAD AN UNDERSTANDING."

"Love-"

"STOP!" he yells, pointing a finger in Patty's face. "You don't! You don't love me! There's nothing to love! You don't even know what love is!"
>>
Patty shakes her head frantically. "No, that's not true! I know what I want, and what I want is-"

"You don't know what you want, Patty! Otherwise you'd stay far away from me! I'm not what you want! You just want to live out some fairytale bullshit of Beauty and the Beast, but guess what? This is all there is to me! I'm not turning into a noble prince! But you're too blind to see it, you refuse to accept reality! I was fine with enabling your delusions at first, because I thought you'd never try to take things further! We had a good thing going here, but you're going to let your fantasy bullcrap ruin that, because you're nothing but a stupid little girl!

Omega winces, immediately regretting letting his last words slip out. But it's too late. The look on Patty's face is one of pure devastation.

"Stupid little girl? Is... that how you think of me?"

"I really hate this song..." Kevin mumbles, placing his head in his hands.

Patty meanwhile is left speechless. "You're right. I am a stupid little girl... I'd have to be to be so naive, to think that you could actually care about someone other than yourself. Goodbye, you old bastard."

Kevin is left holding his head in his hands, as Patty storms out of the bar. "Congratulations Omega, you've done it again..." he mumbles to himself.

>Go after Patty
>Tell Omega to go after her
>>
>>46364168
>>Go after Patty
>>
>>46364168
>>Tell Omega to go after her
>>
>>46364168
>>
>>46364168
>>
>>46364168
>>
>>46364168

>Go after Patty

Omega makes Jake The Snake look like a people person, jesus christ.
>>
>>46364168
>Go after Patty.
She's our friend.
>>
>>46364168
>Tell Omega to go after her.
>>
>>46364168
>>
>>46364168
>Go after Patty (because there's no way that Kevin will)
Bright side: Omega being intentionally horrible helps overshadow Robin's own short-comings.
>>
>Go after patty if omega doesnt
>>
>>46364707
This is probably the best thing
>>
>>46364168
>Go after Patty
>>
File: Bar booth.jpg (4 MB, 4912x3264) Image search: [Google]
Bar booth.jpg
4 MB, 4912x3264

After watching that train-wreck unfold, you storm up to Omega as he returns to his bar-stool. "Aren't you going to go after her?"

Kevin glanced towards the exit, then back at you. "Nope."

"What do you mean, Nope? Do you really want that to be the last thing you say to her?"

Kevin shakes his head. "Of course not. But that's how it worked out, and trying to fix it will only lead to me pulling another classic Omega."

"Come on!" You try hard to egg Omega on. "After everything that happened after your retirement, Patty did nothing but take care of you! Is this how you're going to repay her? Don't you care about her at all?"

Omega snaps, and slams his drink against the bar counter. "Of course I fucking care! For the last three years of my life, she's been the one bright light in a very, very dark world. She's the one thing that actually keeps me together most days! You think I don't care? That I don't want to be with her? To spend the rest of my days with a beautiful, smart, funny young woman like her? A fresh start for Kevin Omega? That's all I could ever want, genius, but that isn't going to happen!"

Omega leans back in his bar-stool and lets out a sigh. "She doesn't love me, she loves an idealised version of what she thinks I can be. I'm just a figure for her to worship! In all the time we've known each-other, she hasn't even once called me by my first name. As much as I want to... I can't be the guy she wants me to be. Maybe it's better that we part ways with her knowing that, knowing that I'm not some dark, haunted soul who can be brought to the light. That I'm just an asshole, and I'm going to hurt her, and she deserves better."

Omega finishes off his drink in one big gulp. "I'm really going to miss her, though... do me a favor, Ace. You're her friend. She trusts you. Go to her, make sure she's okay. Do what I can't."

>Go to Patty.
>I'm not doing something just because you're too scared to, Omega.
>>
>>46364885
>Go to Patty.
That was largely predictable.
>>
>>46364885
B.

If we really want him to get with her he needs to be the one who goes out there
>>
>>46364885
>>I'm not doing something just because you're too scared to, Omega.
>>
>>46364885
>Go to Patty
Patty shouldn't have to suffer because of Owens Nuerosis'
>>
>>46364885
>I'm not doing something just because you're too scared too, Omega.
As both her friend and yours, it means nothing if I tell her that. It has to be you and only you. Whether you decide to be with her or not.
>>
>>46364885
if it fails this time, we go after her
>>
If we're not going after Patty, could we at least punch Kevin?
>>
>>46364885
>>I'm not doing something just because you're too scared to, Omega.
>>
>>46364885
>>I'm not doing something just because you're too scared to,
>>
>>46364885

>Go to Patty.
>>
File: 21.jpg (178 KB, 1155x768) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
178 KB, 1155x768

"Suit yourself," Omega turns his back to you and orders another drink. "I just thought she would want to talk to someone before she left for good. Someone who isn't a colossal fuck-up. I can see my mistake in asking you, then."

You shake your head, angry and disappointed, as you step outside the bar. The cold air hits your face, and you turn to find Patty leaning against the wall of the bar... throwing up. You also note that she seems to have broken the heel on one of her shoes when she stormed off earlier. Not the most graceful of images.

You approach her, and she wipes her mouth as she notices you coming. "Oh... Ace. I feel like a fucking idiot right now."

"You okay?" you ask.

"Hardly! I just made a fool out of myself... oh god, that's the last image those people will have of me..."

Patty shakes her head furiously, and throws a punch to your arm. It hurts, a lot. "Dammit Ace, why did you convince me I could do this?!" She loosens her fist and sighs. "Okay... it's not your fault. I get that you were just trying to cheer me up when you said to not give up hope and all that jazz... the real fault lies with me. As much as an asshole as Omega is... he's right. I don't know what I want, who I actually love... I've projected so much onto him, and... I am a stupid little girl. That's why he doesn't love me. And if he won't love me... I don't think anyone will." Her eyes start to well up.

>That's not true! You'll find someone who loves you!
>Omega does care about you, he's just very bad at showing it.
>Comfort her with a hug.
>>
>>46365479
Give her a hug while telling her b
>>
>>46365479
>Comfort her with a hug
This is a problematic response, but she needs to not be hung up on Kevin and "plenty of fish" is not as comforting as people like to think.
>>
>>46365479
>>Omega does care about you, he's just very bad at showing it.
>>
>>46365479
>>That's not true! You'll find someone who loves you!
>>
>>46365479
>>Comfort her with a hug.
>>
>>46365479
>Omega does care about you, he's just very bad at showing it.
No hugs
>>
>>46365479
>Comfort her with a hug.
This is a hug-worthy situation if I've ever seen one.
>>
>>46365479
>Comfort her with a hug
But in the most platonic way possible. Can't break our promise to big Dave
>>
>>46365670
>in the most platonic way possible
That probably means joking about just trying to cop a feel.
>>
>>46365479
>Comfort her with a hug.
BIBLE LENGTH APART
>>
>>46365479

>That's not true! You'll find someone who loves you!
>>
>>46365670
>>46365728
>>46365734
Come on guys she's hurting right now, that would just make it worse.
>>
I am so nervous about this choice. If we hug her chances are someone is going to come out of the bar and start a shitstorm or something.

If we say that she'll find someone she might just latch onto Robin who she said was a less assholish Kevin.

If we tell her Omega likes her she'll probably hit us.

And no matter what we chose Booker will laugh his ass off.
>>
>>46365791
Robin giving her a hug and brushing off a thanks by saying he just wanted to feel her up (when he didn't) isn't going to make Patty feel worse. She gets let off the gratitude hook, the joke's not at her expense (because it trades on her being attractive, even in this state), and it makes the mood less serious.
>>
>>46365842
Or it hurts her even further, and we're labelled as an insensitive jerk.
>>
>comfort her with a hug
I mean hell, patty and Dave are our bros
>>
>>46365836
>If we hug her chances are someone is going to come out of the bar and start a shitstorm or something.
So? It can be played as mercenary or be genuinely mercenary - either way, Patty has a job at a major promotion, and the rest of the geek squad doesn't.

>>46365896
It would be seriously out of character for Patty to take a comment like that hard. She routinely talks about how she's attractive, talented, all the rest. Feeding that back to her is what a friend would do.
>>
>>46365836
I can't say I don't also feel your tension. This is so clearly last post of the night and I am tense as shit.
>>
>>46365957
With everything else that is going on I don't think it's a good time to be hugging any girl we aren't related to, ya know?

>>46365979
Right? And there really hasn't been any drama between people we know this thread yet so it's probably coming up.
>>
File: Taxi.jpg (93 KB, 1200x801) Image search: [Google]
Taxi.jpg
93 KB, 1200x801
>Comfort her with a hug.

You pull Patty in close and wrap her arms around her, hugging tightly. "Ace, I..." she mutters, before deciding to enjoy the moment in silence. She returns the hug, embracing you as tight as she can, and burying her face into her chest.

"Thank you..." she murmurs, as the two of you stay in the embrace until a yellow cab pulls up outside the bar. Patty pulls away.

"Oh shit... that's my ride to the airport." She sniffles and wipes her eyes, before looking up at you. "I guess this is goodbye... at least, for now..."

"I'll be sure to keep in touch," you reply.

Patty laughs. "You fucking better! I don't want it to be years before we even see each-other again! I don't even like the idea of visiting every few months! Get better at wrestling! Get to UPW faster!" she jokes. "Think about it, tag team champions!"

You smile. "Yeah, that does sound pretty appealing."

Patty stand on her toes in order to reach high enough to give you a quick peck on the cheek, before placing a hand on your shoulder. "I'm gonna miss you most of all, scarecrow."

There's a slight pause. "Sorry, I wanted to call you an idiot one last time, but this is kinda a sweet moment, so I figured a nice movie reference was the best way to do it."

"I understand," you reply, nodding and smiling. "I hope to see you again soon, Patty."

"Me too, Ace... me too."

Patty climbs into the cab, and waves goodbye as it takes off into the distance. Moments before it leaves your line of sight, Kevin comes barrelling out of the bar, frantically waving his hands.

"Patty, wait! I... I..." he stops as he sees the cab turn a corner, headed for the airport. "I'm too late." Frustrated, he kicks the ground beneath him, muttering to himself. "Stupid... stupid."

He shakes his head, as he turns to you. "That was a hell of a woman I just let leave. I don't know what I'm going to do without her."

"Yeah... me neither."

You place a hand on Kevin's shoulder as the two of you go back inside.
>>
>>46366036
I just think that the people who can come out and see this are:

Kevin (will be fine)
David (can be fed a "she has connections" story and won't care that much)
Someone else (doesn't matter all that much)
>>
That's all for tonight's thread! Thanks for playing! Let me know what you think!
>>
>>46366116
Thanks for having hugs win out in the end.
>>
>>46366116
I was expecting some serious shit to go down at the end. Supremely happy it didn't. Glad I was paranoid for nothing. Also thanks for the run.
>>
And Archived! http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=WrestleQuest

Next thread likely won't be until Monday, due to me taking a trip this weekend, so stay tuned to the Twitter for all updates! https://twitter.com/bookerman32

>Player Question
Are you going to miss Patty? Are you going to miss Adam?
>>
Gonna miss patty for sticking with us. Adam seemed like a cool guy, but we had enough of our own drama to deal with so I regret we didn't get to know him better
>>
>>46366180
I'm gonna hope everyone else realizes how much they've been screwing over Robin. The characters I mean.
>>
>>46366180
I will miss Patty but not Adam.

For all his talk about helping TWA he didn't seem to do anything until it was too late. He's probably a great buy but he only intervened at the end when he was leaving anyway. I'm a little surprised him and Draven didn't take him aside and try to give a few pointers or advice from an old hand, especially when Owen got fired.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.