[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z #26
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 14
File: KamehamehaZ.jpg (346 KB, 800x1007) Image search: [Google]
KamehamehaZ.jpg
346 KB, 800x1007
>You are Maple Son-Mahogany, one of two young Tuffle twins thrown at Earth starting in early Dragon Ball by your "father," Dr. Raichi

>"Canon" had already taken a sharp turn from the "norm" when you began, and through your actions, choices, and dialogue, took even further turns from the "norm," and will probably continue to do so

>Stats and dice mechanics are used, and can be explained again as needed

>Let's all try to have some fun, ok?

And a pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/dN92iN0L

Last time, on Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z! You met with Hercule's family again, then discovered Buula's group of Time Patrollers at the remains of the Tree of Might! With Buula's help, you managed to recover the device Towa used to enhance the Tree, and recovered a small portion of the Tree's sap, with revival abilities. Now you're at Korin's Tower, to learn more about this new boon to your upcoming mission...

https://youtu.be/NLOxUvbGG1I
>>
File: Konpei1746803.png (204 KB, 311x318) Image search: [Google]
Konpei1746803.png
204 KB, 311x318
>>46349109
Korin gives you all a little wave as the four of you enter his Tower, Yajirobe, predictably, snacking on a couple Senzu Beans. You also sense another presence nearby, familiar... wait...

Your eyes go wide. "Lord Konpei?!"

The elephant man smiles and nods. "It is good to see you again, Maple, Goku. And your kids are here as well." He floats closer to Gohan and Peppa, legs crossed. Your daughter tilts her head curiously at him, your son nodding his head politely. Konpei turns to you and Goku. "I know you both have many questions..."

"I'll say!" Goku starts with a soft chuckle. "Why'd you come here?"

You feel a heaviness in the elephant person's voice as he answers. "Mr. Popo has made request of me to come to Kami's Lookout, due to the... recent situation. While he can certainly manage the activities there on his own... I made request of him to help with what I can."

"Ah, right..." Goku comments, rubbing the back of his neck. "Well that was nice of you."

"It will certainly be nice to be up there again..." Konpei states, looking out of the balcony to the setting sun.

>A. Korin, we've got something interesting that you should probably check out
>B. How have things been, Lord Konpei?
>C. Something else?
>>
Man, kinda rad to do a quest this early.
>>
>>46349120
>>A. Korin, we've got something interesting that you should probably check out
>>
>>46349120
>>
>>46349120
>>
File: Korin.jpg (35 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Korin.jpg
35 KB, 600x450
>>46349120
You smile at the elephant person. "How've you been, Lord Konpei? Get any more visitors as of late?"

"Some, some." he responds. "Korin and I have actually been chatting on and off for quite some time. We've had quite a bit of catching up to do, even now. I believe I'll get more people seeing me while I'm up there, though." he points towards the Lookout. "...I do hope Kappa doesn't try another one of his 'parties.'" he sighs out.

"Korin, we've got something interesting that you should probably check out..." you start, bringing out the container Buula gave you. "This sap from the Tree of Might apparently can be used to revive people, according to some strange pink lady who... well, she's not friends with Towa, we know that much."

Korin scratches his ear. "Her again, huh?" He takes the container, looking at the sap inside. "...well. She might be telling the truth here, this stuff is potent with some kind of magic... kid, would you mind letting me hold onto this for a while?"

>A. Not at all!
>B. Actually I'd like to keep it...
>C. Something else?
>>
>>46349506
>A. Not at all!

Since Korin created or at least perfected the art of cultivating Sensu beans, he might be able to do something amazing with that sap.
>>
>>46349506
>A. Not at all!
"But we may need it back when we go off into space."
>>
>>46349558
Supporting
>>
>>46349506
>A. Not at all!
>>
>>46349506
C. Can you give us any information of them?
Korin seems to know something about them.
>>
>>46349506
>>A. Not at all!
>>
>>46349626
Might be helpful, backing this.
>>
>>46349506
>A. Not at all!
>>
File: KorinDB.jpg (41 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
KorinDB.jpg
41 KB, 704x396
>>46349506
"Not at all! Though, we'll probably need it back before we head into space." you respond with a smile. "I mean, you're probably one of the best people to go to about this, Master Korin."

He laughs. "Already with the flattery, Maple? Well, I'll try to make sure Yajirobe doesn't put it on any pancakes."

"Hey!" the round samurai protests. He then clearly thinks about it, but shakes his head. "...it probably tastes like medicine anyway."

You all share a little chuckle over that. Though... wait a minute. "Master Korin, do you know who those folks are? You seem to recognize them."

"They're not exactly hard to spot in a crowd, even among Earth's more... diverse places. I've been observing them when I can." He rubs his chin. "...all I can say for certain is that they're definitely on our side."

Comforting, then. In the following day, you...

>A. Head to Capsule Corp. to help Bulma on the Namekian ship a bit, see how things are going there
>B. Check up on Launch, see how she's been doing
>C. Take some time to catch up on Namekian language at the Lookout
>D. Something else?
>>
>>46349820
>C.
>>
>>46349820
>>
>>46349820
>>
>>46349820
>>
>>46349820
A&C. Definitely need to have the ship ready, and be able to pilot it
>>
>>46349820
We've still got some time before we need to go, and I'm sure Bulma can handle most of this on her own. Plus I think we should get some more time in with Launch.
>>
Okay, mind rolling me 1d20, best of five? DC 10.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>46349993
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>46349993
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>46349993
>>
>>46349993
Liam bless this roll
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>46350095
Shit wrong field
>>
File: 4.png (112 KB, 313x337) Image search: [Google]
4.png
112 KB, 313x337
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>46350110
>>
>>46349998
>>46350025
>>46350071
>>46350110
>>46350132
...well then!

Writing...
>>
>>46350110
I brought shame to my famiry
>>
File: HaskyGun.png (305 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
HaskyGun.png
305 KB, 640x480
>>46349820
You start things off with a trip to the Lookout, Goku heading to Baba's to ask about possibly training with Beelzebub, the kids staying with dad. You try studying up on Namekian language. Initially you feel like you're going to breeze through it, picking up a significant amount of the vocabulary with ease... but you stumble a bit when it comes to grammar. Trip helps you where she can, and you get enough of it to be able to use some of the voice commands on Kami's ship, but... if you were to try to hold a conversation with a Namekian, you'd probably sound like a toddler, at best.

You take some time later in the day to check up on Launch, heading to her home in West City... at first. But you quickly realize she isn't at her home, she's headed out of the police station. You touch down, noticing the sad expression on her face. "Didn't expect you to be on a case, something happen, Launch?"

She sighs, twirling a finger in her blue hair. "Jailbreak. And we know who it is..." she responds heavily, headed towards... a bar? As the two of you head inside, the clear smell of alcohol in the air in spite of how empty it is, you spot a blonde woman there, drinking heavily. Hey, wait a minute you recognize that person...

"Hasky." Launch starts. "You're out again."

"Piss off, Launch." she grumbles, downing another glass. "Another." she demands of the barkeep.

The bear person gulps. "Miss, you've had-"

She fires a shot into the air, the other handful of patrons barely even flinching. "ANOTHER."

Launch takes a seat by the woman. "...Hasky, please, this routine is getting old."

"I haven't... haven't even stolen anything yet..." she mumbles out in a slurred speech. "Jus... lemme TRY to forget, you stupid... cop..."

Hoo boy what've you stumbled into here.

>A. Might want to give them some space
>B. Take a seat next to Launch
>C. Sit down somewhere else, but keep listening in
>D. Something else?
>>
>>46350410
>>
>>46350410
Let's see. Launch changed because of us for the better, so she may want us there. However she may want some time to talk first, so I vote
But also tell Launch telepathically that we're here if she needs us
>>
>>46350410
Maybe there's some way we can help, but no avenue yet.
>>
>>46350410
Well this is different.
>>
>>46350410
>>
File: Hasky3.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Hasky3.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>46350410
You take a seat nearby, letting Launch know telepathically you'll be ready if she needs anything. She looks over to you and smiles kindly, but doesn't respond otherwise. Hasky downs the drink. "Another. Make this one strong enough to drown out whatever bullshit speech I'm about to hear."

The barkeep reluctantly pours another glass, not wanting to repeat what just happened. Launch shakes her head. "You know the constant escapes aren't good for your standing, Hasky-"

"My STANDING?" she almost yells. "You... dumb bitch... do you really think I give a shit about that?"

"You should." Launch sighs out.

"I USED TO BE FEARED." the blonde woman roars. "Hasky, Master Thief! The very THOUGHT of my name scared even the most talented of security forces shitless, my genius mind could see through any security system's flaws, even the tiniest hole!"

"And here you're trying to numb that mind of yours with booze." Launch's tone becomes stricter.

"BECAUSE OF YOU!" she barks in response, downing the glass. "You and your stupid little... friends..."

You feel tempted to stand, but Launch signals you to hold back. "We want to help, Hasky."

She scoffs. "TCH. Help... y-you... you ruin my reputation, you make me into a joke, and you say you want to HELP me?!"

Launch's hair goes blonde, her personality shifted. "...because I know what it's like, Hasky. I know what a dead end that is."

"You... you're a t-turncoat..." she mumbles out, eyes angry but unfocused. "I... HATE... y-you... so much. Let me... lemme forget..." She glares at the barkeep. "Another."

>A. You've probably had enough, Hasky
>B. This is Launch's turf, help only if she asks you to
>C. Something else?
>>
>>46350861
>>B. This is Launch's turf, help only if she asks you to
Our student will only grow if they stand on their own.
>>
>>46350861
>>
>>46350861
>Launch's hair goes blonde, her personality shifted. "...because I know what it's like, Hasky. I know what a dead end that is."
Heh.
>>
>>46350966
>this
Launch needs this.
>>
>>46350861
>>
>>46350861
>Launch's hair goes blonde, her personality shifted.
Why even focus on Launch if you're not going to have her in the quest?
>>
>>46351190
The hell are you talking about?
>>
>>46351207
Launch is a gag character who uses machine guns, has SPLIT personalities with no memory sharing, and has anger issues and overly nice issues, which can change 180 degrees because of a sneeze. Teach her martial arts all you like, but if you remove what makes her interesting, that is the most boring thing to do with a character.
>>
>>46351245
She still has the split personalities, but now they can talk together in her head. Think Yami/Yugi basically. They both have separate memories, but only one can control the body at a time and it changes depending on which. One is in control
>>
>>46351245
And I thought my autism was bad.
>>
>>46351245
Is this what it felt like for all the fans of Dragon Ball when they hear Z fanboys wondering why people give a shit about Tien or Roshi? Jesus Christ at least read things through first, you'll be less confused that way.
>>
>>46351312
I'm confused as to why Launch isn't funny anymore and why that's supported.
>>
>>46351337
Are you also confused by the fact that Yamcha married Bulma?
>>
>>46351337
Well, QMs are rarely funny.
>>
>>46351372
No, I'm confused as to why canon Bulma dumped canon Yamcha for cheating when him being girl-shy was a big thing.
>>
File: Launch-drunk.png (580 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Launch-drunk.png
580 KB, 640x480
>>46350861
You sit back, another patron apparently recognizing you, but making no comment aside from a mildly surprised "Huh." Your eyes focus on Launch and Hasky, the drunken blonde woman downing yet another glass.

"Forget that, exactly?" Launch asks, in a tone clearly aware of the answer.

"That my life is a complete joke." Hasky responds, slamming the glass on the table. "That YOU'VE made sure my life is a complete joke. You... stupid..." Her words seem saddened, more depressed as they become more slurred. "Stupidbitchcop..."

"Only if you keep things up like this, Hasky." Launch tells her. "You don't have to waste everything like this..."

"Jus... lemme... lemme..." she places down her gun, head in her hands. "Lemmeforget... that-ahm... a totalfuckup..."

"You're not." Launch places her hand on the woman's shoulder, Hasky starting to slouch over. Launch finally nods for you to help her carry the poor wreck of a former thief out of the bar, your friend mentioning she'll offer to pay for damages out of her pocket. The barkeep tells her not to worry; it's barely a fraction the damages it'll probably get over New Years.

You and Launch bring Hasky outside, a police cruiser waiting, and help the now-mumbling Hasky into it. You and Launch watch as it drives off, your friend placing her hand on your shoulder, smiling pleasantly at you. "Kid... thanks."

You laugh. "For?"

"Making sure I... we... didn't end up like her." Launch states.

>A. Proud of you, Launch
>B. Sorry to have barged in on this, just wanted to check up on you. How've things been?
>C. Need some time to yourself?
>D. Something else?
>>
>>46351409
>D. Nah, cops are lame. You should become the best damn space thief this side of the galaxy.
>>
>>46351400
Because she'd been wanting to ride Goku's Power Pole since the end of Dragon Ball, confirmed she still was thinking about hot monkey rick even on Namek, and suddenly here comes this manlet monkey prince with a nice butt. She probably lied to Trunks about Yamcha cheating, just like she lies about her age.
>>
>>46351409
>D. What? But I thought it was cool when you would steal things as a profession.
>>
>>46351409
>A. Proud of you, Launch
>B. Sorry to have barged in on this, just wanted to check up on you. How've things been?

>>46351446
>>46351510
Boy you sure are salty about this.
>>
>>46351409
>A. Proud of you, Launch
You've really turned your life for the better
>>
>>46351539
Why? People who she steals from usually suck, and the theft could be seen as a form of justice. You don't wanna inhibit justice, do you?
>>
>>46351409
>A. Proud of you, Launch
>>
>>46351586
>>46351539
>>46351409
>These
Also please ignore our new autist. How many are we up to in this quest now?
>>
>>46351576
>Friend we've helped change her life for the better
>NAH YOU SHOULD BE A THIEF AGAIN, START ROBBING SOME BANKS
Were you dropped on your head?
>>
>>46351409
>D. I didn't do anything. This is a path you set out on.
>A. Proud of you, Launch
>>
>>46351627
Supporting
>>
>>46351613
Now she can steal super good.
>>
>>46351647
So just shitposting for the sake of shitposting, then?
>>
>>46351613
Well, have we even looked into the economical situation that the world is in? Being a Robin Hood to help these people who just got Slugged and Tree'd could be the benevolent thing.
>>
>>46351409
>>46351627
Supporting.
>>
>>46351611
Swordanon is still my favorite. At least he's earnest about his love of swords.

I miss Vegetaposting. You know, back from last Summer, anon upset about Maple being Goku's true longtime rival?
>>
>>46351479
That reminds me, Kato, are we ever going to see more of "canon" Path to Power? Maybe as a write-up?
>>
>>46351409
>A. Proud of you, Launch
>>
>>46351715
Those were good times. And all the butt hurt about GokuxMaple
>>
>>46351409
>D. I didn't do anything. This is a path you set out on.
>Though I would've supported you no matter what path you set on. You make the best breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.
>>
>>46351409
>A. Can I call you "Big Sis?"
>>
File: Tien-Launch.jpg (232 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Tien-Launch.jpg
232 KB, 640x480
>>46351409
"To be honest, I didn't do all that much..." you say with a sweet smile. "It's a path you ended up setting for yourself. Brobro and I... guess we just gave you a nudge in the right direction." You look her over, eyes studying her police uniform a bit. "...Still, proud of you, Launch."

She hugs you. "Thanks."

Rubbing the back of your neck, you laugh out a little nervously. "Aheh. Sorry to have kinda... barged in on this, just wanted to check up on you. How've things been?"

A... surprisingly shy smile appears across her face. "You remember how Yamcha proposed to Bulma all those years back? After you guys stopped Wheelo?"

...No way. Your face lights up. "Uh-huuuuh?"

"...getting the feeling Tien's going to do a repeat of that." she says in a more hopeful than assured tone, but boy does that get your interest. "Heh, guess that bouquet I caught so long ago 's gonna pay off..."

"How can you tell?" you ask, walking with her back to the police station.

She does a stretch. "Ah, call it a hunch, kid, but something about the way he's been acting, makes me think he's been really, truly trying to see if he can make it all work. Plus... well, back when we got a chance to talk, on Christmas Eve... there was this mixture of joy and worry when he told me that he was 'Glad he didn't lose me.'"

You do your best to hold back a devious laugh. Matchmaker Maple's on the mark once again!

>A. Hope that we're back for the wedding!
>B. What else have you been up to?
>C. Was nice chatting, Launch. Going over to Capsule Corp. for a while
>D. Something else?
>>
>>46351409
>>A. Proud of you, Launch
>>B. Sorry to have barged in on this, just wanted to check up on you. How've things been? Are you still with Tien?
>>
>>46352055
>>
>>46352055
>D. Something else?
"Thought about any kiiiiiids?"
>>
>>46352055
>>A. Hope that we're back for the wedding!
>>B. What else have you been up to?
>>
>>46352055
Maple yes.

>>
>>46352055
>D. Devious laugh. You've earned it. Laugh loud, laugh long.
>Just tell her you thought of something funny.
>>
>>46352141
Backing. Backing so hard.
>>
>>46352129
Maple no!
>>
>>46352141
Might as well.

So who is next on the list for Matchmaker Maple? Should we be looking out for someone for Raditz?
>>
File: Pantyhose Taro.png (504 KB, 576x867) Image search: [Google]
Pantyhose Taro.png
504 KB, 576x867
>>46352301
Tights is in the Galactic Patrol, isn't she?
>>
>>46352301
Raditz and Hasky
>>
>>46352055
>D. Launch... Would it be okay if I call you... "Big Sister"?
>>
>>46352301
Tien's student, the girl who's grumpy over him.
>>
File: tAG_174322.jpg (29 KB, 370x493) Image search: [Google]
tAG_174322.jpg
29 KB, 370x493
>>46352328
There are probably lots of women in the Galactic Patrol.
>>
File: Chiaotzu-flying.png (47 KB, 180x135) Image search: [Google]
Chiaotzu-flying.png
47 KB, 180x135
>>46352055
You start making a devious, haughty laugh. You can't help it anymore. Matchmaker Maple, YES! Launch noogies you gently. "Heh, just... thought of something funny."

"Sure you were." Launch laughs softly.

"Ah well... hope we're back for the wedding, at least!" you state cheekily. "What else have you been up to?"

Blue takes over for a moment, a girlish giggle escaping her lips. "Weeeeeell, we've been working on a new recipe, a sweet mochi thing that I'm sure the kids will absolutely love." She rubs the back of her neck. "I was going to bring some over for Christmas Eve, but..."

You nod. "Yeah. Well, hey, there's still New Years. Videl and I think Pantea will no longer be grounded by then."

As the two of you keep walking, you sense someone flying in the skies, headed towards Capsule Corp. Wait a minute... is that...

Chiaotzu?

https://youtu.be/emJaN6Tb7vM

>DRAGON BALL TUFFLE QUEST Z #26 END
>Twitter account is @KatoQm, will have status updates there
>Got some questions for the QM? Characters? Suggestions? Throw them at ask.fm/QMKato and I'll try to answer them as best I can

Okay folks, gonna have to call it here, need to start getting ready, and want to give a bit of time for questions and stuff before I leave for work. Did y'all have fun?
>>
>>46352859

Thanks for running, Kato! See you next session!

Had fun. Took some monotony out of a day where I have to wait for a 4PM - 10 PM class.
>>
>get off early from work

>still miss tuffle quest

damnit....ah well good to see we're tying up some loose ends.
>>
File: 1442858346334.gif (297 KB, 500x301) Image search: [Google]
1442858346334.gif
297 KB, 500x301
>>46352988
Glad you enjoyed it, anon!

>>46353167
Sorry about that. Full thread coming Friday, though.
>>
>>46352859
>Did y'all have fun?
Always
>>
File: yazai androidsaga.png (688 KB, 662x900) Image search: [Google]
yazai androidsaga.png
688 KB, 662x900
>>46351715
Love you too anon.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.