[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quest Thread General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28
File: QTG OP.jpg (340 KB, 2400x1568) Image search: [Google]
QTG OP.jpg
340 KB, 2400x1568
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for advice on tabletop games should look elsewhere.

Please do not shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. This means avoiding tripfag drama or discussion about subjects such as 'make a board for quests'.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/p43nAY7b
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory
This is a directory containing the tweets of many current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. It appears that the person running this directory is no longer adding people; a new directory may be made soon.

> QM question
What inspired you to make the quest you did? Did you ever give it any particular thought, or did you just go with what felt natural?

> Player question
What genre do you think the quest community is lacking? (e.g. sci-fi, fantasy, modern, historical, et cetera)

>Bonus Question
Are 24/7 QTGs back full time?
>>
>>46342998
>QM
Well, at the time I'd had a lot of time on my hands because my course load wasn't too stressful, and I was taking a lot of history courses. I started to build the world before I was really sure what I was going to do with it, but ultimately I decided to run a quest once I realized that there weren't very many quest set in the sort of high fantasy world I'd spent all this time thinking over.

>Player
Personally, I'd like to see more Game of Thrones quest. They always seem popular, but judging by the rate of QM turnover I'd guess they're pretty burdensome to run.

I'd also be interested in a halfway decent Star Wars quest, ever since Crusty essentially let his Star Wars quest die there's been an absence of well written space schlock.

Really, I'd be down for just about any decent sci-fi. I can think of maybe a handful of quest in that genre I've enjoyed, but none that survived beyond a dozen or so threads.

>Bonus
They certainly seem to be.
>>
>>46342998
Speaking of a new directory...

Twitter vamp is still around, but he hasn't managed to add any new accounts, so I'm still going to be running the new list until he does that.

https://twitter.com/tgquestlist/lists/quest-master-directory

If you're a QM and you want to get added or removed, tweet @tgQuestList and I'll get you.
>>
>>46342998
>What genre do you think the quest community is lacking?

Postmodern literature and magical realism are sorely lacking in the questing scene.
>>
>>46344121
Gay as fuck.
>>
>>46344121
Futa on futa is hot
>>
>>46344121
It's for the sexually confused
>>
>>46344121
It's a little gay to be quite perfectly honest my family.
>>
Why do you guys want qtg back?

WQDT is superior in every way. It's a weekly wrap-up of everything that happened. It was far superior to have a weekend-long thread where we vented problems with quests that were running in postmortem than having a constant drama shitstorm over real-time events of which we can't know the consequences of.

Please, please reconsider. There isn't enough material to have a constant thread.
>>
>>46344642
Fuck off EGO
>>
>>46344642
>having a constant drama shitstorm over real-time events of which we can't know the consequences of

See, that's your opinion. Other people have other opinions, and unless something stops them from making mid-week discussion threads, they're not going to stop making them.
>>
>>46344668
Just because you CAN do a thing doesn't mean you SHOULD do that thing. And bringing QTG back? That's a thing that apparently you can do now, but it's not a thing you should do.

Unless you're into having a constant 24/7 shitposting repository, in which case QTG is exactly what you're looking for. Because that's all it was ever intended to be, and that's all it ever amounted to, and no matter how hard you try you're not going to be able to suddenly validate it as anything more than that.
>>
>>46344941
That's exactly why those people want it back. Do you seriously think you're going to change their minds?
>>
>>46344121
In smut quests? Good. Futa on female, preferably. Futa on futa is tolerable. Futa on male is gay.

In non-smut quests? Totally unneeded unless handled very well, which is very hard to pull off. It is preferable not to put much emphasis on it, unless, of course, it and the humourous/romantic implications of it are the core point of the story. The again, you can achieve the same or similar results by just making the character a lesbian.
May also be good for a smug character who pops up from times to time and goes around swinging his bulge, scaring the shit out of the MC and other people. Still needs to be handled with care.
>>
>>46344121
Only acceptable if it's little girl on slightly older girl and AT LEAST one of them is a robot.
>>
>>46345219
Male on futa is a best.
>>
File: 1456367974992.png (132 KB, 729x399) Image search: [Google]
1456367974992.png
132 KB, 729x399
>>46342998
i miss afterlife quest
>>
>>46345672
*futa on futa
>>
>>46345762
No.
>>
>>46345885
*yes
>>
>>46345759
Some of the best quests seem to be dying lately.

Hell, AEQ looks like its ded, and that's a damn shame.

Aspie, you bastard.
>>
The Broken Sky Online guy needs to get his stuff together and host a thread. I don't even need to be able to participate, I just love reading his writing & his setting.
>>
>>46346008
>that's a damn shame.
not really
>>
Futa
>>
> Crimson Skies Quest
or
> Road Warrior Quest
>>
File: yato excited.jpg (43 KB, 656x624) Image search: [Google]
yato excited.jpg
43 KB, 656x624
>>46346613
>Crimson Skies Quest

There ain't enough 1930s dieselpunk flying quests
>>
>>46346613
Both at the same time
>>
>>46344941
Just deal with it. Accept that Spooky won the cold war and move on with your life.
>>
>>46346155
Honestly, the players are more likely to finally agree upon what celestial artefact they get before he actually writes the thread where we get one.
>>
>>46346745
Crimson Road Quest?

Sky Warrior Quest?
>>
>>46343346
Neat, it's cool to have a twitter list that isn't overrun by spam.
>>
Why aren't you running Pizza Racers right now?
>>
>>46346884
Because I altered the specific idea from delivering food through high risk areas to operating a food cart out of a high risk area with the supplies you have on hand and am working on that.
>>
>>46342998
Fuck off OP, we deal with enough constant shitposting on this board without you resuscitating this den of inequity.
>>
>QM Question
I was never a huge Quest player or anything, I just decided to finally look at one of the many quest threads that I'd always mostly ignored and figured 'hey, I bet I could do that'.
That was two years and a lot of trial and error ago.
>>
>>46346958
Go make a stat me thread. /tg/ is just barely above Reddit in terms of quality, and the userbase is nearly identical.
>>
>>46342998
>QM question
I had a lot of time on my hands, it revolved around one of my biggest passions, and there's weren't any ongoing Quests on the same thing.
>>
>>46342998
>QM question
I wanted to spite people who said "you can't write a smut quest that way".
>>
>>46342998
>Player question
Fucking any. Quests are dead and that needs to stop
>>
>>46342998
You know, it's really weird. I want to start shitposting in this thread because that's what everyone else is doing and I want to get on this bandwagon, but I fear I wouldn't meet the par of quality of shitposting one would expect of /qtg/. How might I git gud at shitposting?
>>
>>46348586
git gud
>>
>>46348586
>Shitposting about shitposting

You're doing just fine anon, just fine.
>>
>QM question

I did some writing, people asked for more. Its that simple.

>Player Question

I want a Super Friends Quest. What I mean by that is that we have a lot of Cape Quests, but I don't see one where about a team of supers.

I want to have a lot of light hearted adventuring. And some camp--not a lot, but just a little. Think Jeff Smith's Captain Marvel Monster Society of Evil or All-Star Superman. But involving a team.

>>46343500
>Post Modern
When your best writer is Don DeLillo its time to pack it in and go home.

>Magical Realism
This could be pretty cool and chill. I want to see a Magical Realism quest.

>Bonus Question

Where else will people drown themselves in salt and shit posting?
>>
>>46348586

Pack your bags for a journey, sell all of your other possessions. Purchase a ticket to Aokigahara Forest, the legendary haunted wood.

A day's journey into the woods, you'll find a tree. You'll know it when you see it. It speaks with the voice of a dozen dozen dead souls. It will promise you wisdom, it will promise you power, anything in the world as long as you obey.

Don't listen to its lies or its whispered promises, it has drunk deeply of the blood of dozens of less wary shitposters. Get close. Pretend to listen. And when you're close enough to touch it, tear off a piece of bark. Devour it.

Don't stop.

Don't listen to the tree's screams.

And then come back and call someone a shit or something.
>>
>>46342998
> Player question
Personally I'd like a decent Zoids quest. That or some tasty sci-fi. Most of all I want to raise AC-Guy from the grave and make him run another AC quest. I still have fond memories of that.
>>
>>46342998
>Player question
Magic shit, anything with a focus on magic, fucking anything please jesus end the dirty meleefag menace
>>
>>46348755
spellswords alright, or you only want pure magic?
>>
>>46348811
Pure magic you dirty meleefag
>>
>>46348755
Dafuq are you talking about?
>>
If you make a zombie quest, at least use an interesting setting for it.
Do an I Am A Hero quest.
>>
OK /qdt/, I haven't run my quest in a dog's age and want to do something for April Fool's Day. How should I go about doing that? (Soft Re-Boot with the BBEG as the MC, Inverse personality & actions for the current MC, side character takeover as the MC etc. etc.)
>>
>>46349945

If you haven't run in a long time, what's the guarantee enough players will remember the quest to get the joke?
>>
>>46350020

That's what I was afraid of. A straight-up reboot then? Or something completely different?
>>
>>46350069

Are you coming back to it for an ongoing quest, or is this a one-shot? Your level of time commitment effects the answer. Telling is the quest would be helpful, too.
>>
>>46349945
How long ago and how popular did it used to be?

Also are you running anything at all at the moment?
>>
When making a quest with some political elements, how important is a good world map? And how detailed should it be? What elements are absolutely required and which ones are optional?
>>
>>46343123
>Personally, I'd like to see more Game of Thrones quest.
Some guy suggested a GoT quest about a witty and skilled Westerosi mercenary (who has a habit of running his mouth off) returning home from a life in Essos with a bounty on his head. He involuntarily gets involved/attached to a Red priest who has business with the King, Rhaegar of House Targaryen.

Or as he described it A much less immortal and 4th wall breaking deadpool-esque sellsword in Westeros.
>>
File: Angry Spider.jpg (44 KB, 620x524) Image search: [Google]
Angry Spider.jpg
44 KB, 620x524
>>46350200

>Deadpool in Westeros
>>
>>46350200
I was somewhat keen until that description when I read it earlier. Relating anything back to deadpool just makes me cringe. Deadpool is great and all... but everyone trying to copy Deadpool or write Deadpool or do the whole Deadpool shtick is just horribly lame.
>>
>>46343123
>I'd also be interested in a halfway decent Star Wars quest
I've wanted to run a proper Jedi knight quest for so long where you start as a trainee showing off your skills, get chosen by a master, become a padawan until you've past all the tests to become a Jedi Knight and so on and so forth with a plot. However, people around here seem to hate that side of the franchise. Sith isn't out of the question, but I feel like it would turn into a smut-harem-fiesta like SAQ did.
>>
>>46350250
Same. Deadpool is Deadpool. What isn't Deadpool shouldn't try to be Deadpool.
>>
>>46350253
Yeah it's pretty lazy. Considering the loads of name generators out there on top of what connotations you might invite with their name it's not great idea unless your setting is either very modern or very ancient to an extent where it makes sense.
I know of at least one fantasy quest that uses genuine names of gods but it fits to the setting very well and the mythology has been customized a bit.
>>
>>46350262
Oh man speaking of Jedi quests, I was really disappointed when that on Jedi/temple building quest dropped off the map. That had so much promise. I agree that Sith is currently over-done on /tg/. I love me some Sith but no one every seems to want to do Jedi anymore.
>>
>>46342998
I mostly just went with quests based on shows or franchises I really enjoyed
>>
>>46350312
From my point of view, the jedi are evil.
>>
>>46350352
Well, then, you are lost!
>>
>>46350352
My point though was that there have been tons of Sith quests and very few Jedi quests. A bit of change is good.
>>
>>46350373
I thought you were wrong until I checked the archives. Hot damn.

For something like Jedi's there's only three noteworthy quests I could find and they're all dead.

Y'know, someone should fix that.
>>
>>46350373
I know, was just making a joke.
>>
>>46348503
Your salty autism is showing
>>
>>46350091

Maybe a one-shot, but I'm open to continue it.

>>46350154

I used to run all of the time to about 4-5 people, but my quest was never popular and I acted like a complete idiot to my players.
>>
>>46350517
What was it called you little shit?

>>46350373
What about a grey jedi quest? You were a padawan who chose to follow his disillusioned master into self imposed exile out of respect and journey through the republic.

How do blue pilled jedi react to grey jedi generally?
>>
>>46350601

The King of Fighters Quest. Not the one about the Kevin Owens wannabe either.
>>
>>46350601
>How do blue pilled jedi react to grey jedi generally?
Depends on the era, I suppose? Old Republic Jedi Knights would try to convince them to come back or cut them off from their force powers since the Sith could capture them and interrogate them or turn them against their former allies.
The Rise of the Empire Era of Jedi Knights would probably strip them off their Jedi Status across the Republic and then let them be.
>>
>>46350601
>What about a grey jedi quest?
I'd play it, but what would a Grey Jedi even do during war times? Act as a Mercenary/Bounty Hunter or what?
>>
>>46350302
That's fair. The god itself is very much linked with fire and giving knowledge to humans, so I thought Promethius would be the best fit.

I like the idea of keeping the name original but I'm having trouble picking a name that doesn't sound incredibly silly. People only really call him "The Giver" or "Lord" anyways, but I still think it's really important to name the deity of a quest that revolves around religion.
>>
>>46350632

Weasel?
>>
>>46350771

Yep.

I've got the itch to QM again.
>>
>>46350262
Yeah we've had five or six sith quest, though most of them have died and I don't know if I'd call any of them particularly good. Yet we've had no Jedi quest of note.

Anyway, if you run it you'll have at least one player.
>>
File: 17_kingofdino01.jpg (151 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
17_kingofdino01.jpg
151 KB, 1366x768
>>46350786

I hear you, I've got the same itch lately. Still, there are still people who'd like to play in a game you run. I think you could reboot a quest in the King of Fighters universe pretty easily. Follow a new team, keep the old crew as supporting characters? Keep the same cast, but start at the beginning of a new tournament so everything has a chance to be reset a little? Throw everything out and start a quest about the best new fighter? What are your thoughts on what we've seen of XIV? The new boxer has me worried we won't get my waifu Vanessa in this game.
>>
File: Pureblood.jpg (345 KB, 716x782) Image search: [Google]
Pureblood.jpg
345 KB, 716x782
Semi-old quest idea of mine:

Your mother died when you were 12, sending your father into a terrible alcoholism. Instead of becoming a scholar and a teacher like your Father used to be, you were raised by your Uncle, who's a seasoned Ranger, hunting creatures of the Night; Pureblood Vampires, lesser vampires, and their tralls, and Lycans and the list goes on.
Eventually your Father goes missing and despite searching for him and forcing the local law-enforcement to put out a warrant for him, he's gone. Years pass by and eventually you convince your Uncle to bring you along on one of his scouting runs with his group of Ranger brothers. After much discussion back and forth, he caves in. On a cold November morning, you get to tag along your Uncle and his three friends on their journey that brings them up to the Nation's northern borders where a town has been presumed to be attacked by Creatures of the Night. As it turns out, a few select humans living in the Town has gone insane and systematically slaughtered everyone else and written obscure texts on the walls with blood before trudging onward into the wild. The tracks leads past the borders and into the uncharted lands where the Creatures of the Night rules. Rangers never take up hunts in the heat of revenge, but since it turns out one of the Brotherhood's contacts were stationed here and left a dark message for any Rangers who would find it, the scouting run suddenly becomes a rescue mission up North.

The message? "The Eldritch exists."
>>
>>46350713
I can't imagine they'd want to be involved. The conflict would probably have to come from elsewhere, unless they one of the factions involves them against their will.
>>
>>46350713
War has a habit of uncovering things buried right? What if the goal was to acquire knowledge from Sith and Jedi Holocrons for a deeper understanding of the Force.

Exploring ancient temples while a battle is raging outside.
>>
>>46343500
>postmodernism
>magical realism

1. Go away Kyon-kun
2. I don't want any more leftist propaganda shit shilling in my quests.
>>
>>46350935
>>46350961
I can imagine the Grey Jedi to possess an unique force ability, like Bastila's battle meditation or Kyle's healing capabilities and He's hunted by both zealous Jedi knights and Sith that wants to forcibly convince him to join/use him in their war efforts?

Meanwhile, the Grey Jedi is trying to find ancient holocrons to uncover knowledge on how to get rid of his/her force powers?
>>
>>46350928
?

What is the quest about? Are you supposed to hunt Eldritch abominations or are you going to go around preaching the word about how the end is coming?
>>
>>46350809
>Yet we've had no Jedi quest of note.
We've had a couple IIRC
>>
>>46351000
>the scouting run suddenly becomes a rescue mission up North.
>>
>>46351007
'Of note' are the key words. Most just die early.
>>
>>46350732
Aww man you use old fashioned Prometheus when there are dozens of great fire/solar god names out there?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_solar_deities
If I need inspiration for god names the best place to look is at lists of god names.
They're mythologies and cultural rites can also be fairly good sources of inspiration in naming things, too. Particularly for holidays and festivals, various names for solstices, and much more.
>>
>>46351019
Why would you even chase after a kidnapped person when all the other people look to have been systematically slaughtered? Why not just turn around and report back to base?
>>
>>46351028
Well Originally I wanted to use Baldur, but I was worried people would think "Baldur's Gate" and feel cheated when it doesn't have anything to do with that.

Plus Promethius had the specific "gave fire to man" which is extremely fitting for the quest. I'll keep looking through some names and see if I can come up with a good name on my own, or maybe just use a generator.
>>
>>46351062
Because the base of operation for the brotherhood is too far away and why would you leave someone to a horrible death? At best, I'd imagine they'd send a raven down south to inform the rest of the Rangers.
>>
File: Ric-Flair-WWE-video.jpg (589 KB, 1728x905) Image search: [Google]
Ric-Flair-WWE-video.jpg
589 KB, 1728x905
New WrestleQuest thread is up, for anyone interested. >>46351070
>>
File: KOF XIV Teams List.jpg (952 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
KOF XIV Teams List.jpg
952 KB, 1920x1080
>>46350912

I like how the game has consistently gotten better-looking over time and appreciate that SNKP are going back to a KOF '98 combo style rather than the touch-of-death HD bar shenanigans of XIII.

Of the new characters, I guess Luong would be my favorite revealed so far (Sylvie is too "LOL Randumb XD" for my tastes & Nelson has a decent design but cribs from Vanessa too much). But I like what they've done to King of Dinosaurs, Tung-Fue Rue, Terry & Angel and the stages are nice enough.

I would probably keep most of the same cast from the original story, but start at the beginning of a new tournament. (The idea of my previous BBEG spending all of this time and effort acquiring the rights to hold a KOF tourney only to see some Russian Duke-looking motherfucker steal his thunder amuses me.)
>>
>>46351090
>why would you leave someone to a horrible death?
Because that's better than dying.

Go ahead and run it, I'll vote to retreat until [Cowardice] becomes a personality trait!
>>
>>46351113
>I'll vote to retreat
>Implying that will be an option
I'll see you there.
>>
>>46342998
Oh shit, /qtg/ is back, nice.
>>
>>46351120
Railroading! WorstQM 0/10 Quest!

When are you running?
>>
File: 1398102396083.jpg (296 KB, 1000x978) Image search: [Google]
1398102396083.jpg
296 KB, 1000x978
When running an empire building/running game, how do you depict things like resource, military/manpower and finance management?

Pic unrelated, mai waifu
>>
>>46351120
I mean, i don't wanna be a dick but i think this is where many QM's fail. They only give the players the option of how or when to do something instead of what they should do. So instead of a RPG it turns into a fucking Bioware game where you just cross things off a list.

This may or may not be related to your quest depending on how you run it senpai.
>>
>>46351148
>That picture
I WAS PLAYED LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE!
>>
>>46351154
Sometimes you need a bit of railroading to get the plot rolling, even a little unsubtle.

Once it gets rolling you can have the players railroad themselves and subtly influence the plot.
>>
>>46351139
No idea if I'll even run it.

>>46351154
Given the players choices that the character is considering is good though? Just giving them the
>write-in
option usually end with a dead thread.
>>
Alright, let's say I'm itching to run a Star Wars quest. What would you like to see?
>Jedi Knight Quest
>Bounty Hunter Quest
>Imperial Agent Quest
>>
>>46351192
>>46351194
It just makes me sad when the only options are attack or talk. Like give me another choice senpai, we could've done this differently from the start. Alternatively sometimes you get to a point in the quest where you can talk to three people or wait alone for a couple of days for some event like some RPG. It's esp. bad when the QM does not do write-ins.
>>
>>46351103

That sounds solid, I'd just say to make sure it's new-player-friendly enough that you can get some new blood in. Between the new game coming soon and the higher profile for fighting games in general now's as good a time as any.
>>
>>46351240
>Jedi Knight Quest
>Imperial Agent Quest

Combine these, instead of a traditional jedi it instead quit and joined the imperial order trying to take on a more active role in the universe instead of sitting around in a tower complaining about feelings being bad.
>>
>>46351279
Fucking seconded.
>>
>>46351279
Wouldn't they just be converted to Sith then? Unless they weren't very force sensitive to begin with and failed in the Jedi academy.
And if they wanted a more active role, why not just join more military operations on the Republic side or even the Republic's Intelligence?
>>
>>46351279
But what timeframe are you thinking?

If its Old Republic the Jedi were pretty damn active.

If its Movie Series the Imperial Order existed AFTER the Jedi were wiped out which would mean the MC would be hunted down.
>>
>>46351321
That's what i mean, just forgot the name. Quit the order and joined the republic as a ground team commander. Leading ya SQUAD of badass clones as a jedi knight with foresight.
>>
>>46351335
Really? Had no idea, only briefly touched some of the comics and some of the old games except for the movies. And in the movies they are pretty fucking passive.
>>
>>46351335
In the old republic there were a lot of active jedi but the central jedi authorities consistently took a wait and see approach that pissed a lot of lower ranking jedi off.
>>
>>46351344
Wait weren't the Jedi on the frontlines as generals in the Clone Wars?
>>
>>46351344
>>46351365
>>46351385
So essentially it could be about a Jedi Knight during the Old Republic Era or Rise of the Empire Era who's still in the Order, but is more focused on the military advances of the war, possibly be leading a squad of Republic Soldiers/Clones on missions and shit?
>>
>>46351397
>>46351344
>>46351279
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sixth_Line

It's Old Republic setting, but a quest about being a member of these guys would be cool.
>>
>>46351397
This is starting to sound like Republic Commando Quest but with a Jedi Knight MC instead.

If you're a better writer than whiskey was, I'm up for it.
>>
>>46351385
Only a few right? Most of them were still inside their tower on coruscant if i remember correctly.

And except for the generals the jedi were not really involved if the mission was not really led by other jedi.

>>46351397
More fun if they left the order and embraced their feelings. Telling of smut AF jedi calling you a sith with us answering like "nah i just ain't no lil bitch being controlled by my emotions just cause i embrace em senpai."
>>
>>46351432
*smug

fuck.
>>
>>46351427
>Sixth Line Quest
All of my yes!
>>
>>46351432
>Only a few right? Most of them were still inside their tower on coruscant if i remember correctly.
Not at all. Most, even the Jedi Council were on the front lines.

The movies were focused on Anakin's fall so there wasn't much emphasis on the War itself.

Watch the Clone Wars series sometime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DkszIpFYHc
>>
I'm gonna be honest, all this shit about a Grey Jedi leading Republic Commandos sounds chuuni as fuck.
>>
>>46351427
This would work incredibly well if done right. Start out with joining these guys and immediately get thrust into a Special Ops mission where the plot can start.
>>
>>46351265

Yeah, I was planning on starting relatively fresh with it. Maybe do a character select at the start? Or straight-up make a new MC?
>>
>>46351488
I mean, jedi by themselves are pretty fucking chuuni. If anything playing a grey jedi would be better, could mix in some more realistic elements like dealing with loss since we'd embrace our emotions unlike normal 2cool4skool jedi.
>>
>>46351521
Have a MC in mind and let the players change some small things. Playing a preset is no fun, and full chargen is just begging for futalolitraps.
>>
I'm still surprised that Episode 7 came and went without a huge boom in Star Wars Quests. Maybe I missed them.
>>
>>46351582
I think there were a couple but they fizzled out.
>>
>>46351582
Most SW quests actually died when it came out. lmao.
>>
>>46347294
Then why don't you fuck off over to there?
>>
>>46350732
My recommendation is to either:
>Translate the concept with which the god is most associated into a language suitable for the culture of the people that worship them.
>Use an alternative name of the god. For Prometheus I might recommend Pramathyus, a related Vedic word that means Thief. You could also use Belin/Belanus/Bellinus or any variant thereof. He was the celtic god of the sun.
>Use a deity name generator.
>>
>>46351521

New MC could work, gives you the handy excuse of the players identifying with someone who needs things explained to them. Instead of explicit chargen/selection, start with a blank slate of a character and let them make decisions in-quest? Not a total blank, mind you, but someone with basic training who's only just reaching that next level where they have to make hard decisions. Choosing where they train, what they emphasize, who they form a team with are all natural decision nodes that would have the same effect as selecting an MC from a list, but they'd be more fun to play out.

Thinking about how much I love silly fighting game stuff has me kind of sad I put SFQ down for good recently. You need to run a hell of a quest so I can play it!
>>
>>46351538

The very concept of a grey Jedi is pretty chuuni, though.
>>
Is it just me, or Watashiwa in Joker Quest threads is extremely smug and aggravating in a bad way? I am thinking of dropping to read the quest because his posts are just so fucking JARRING.
>>
>>46351719
Jedi are literally based on samurai with superpowers. So yeah, it's pretty chuuni.
>>
>>46351087
Oh, and you could also use Matarisvan (Growing Mother), the aspect of Agni who brought fire to mankind in Hindu myth.
>>
>>46342998
Definitely a love of Super Sentai/Henshin aesthetic. Also, the premise behind the comic C.O.W.L. And OPM.

Also! The idea of constantly escalating scale is something I'm trying to implement.
>>
True enlightenment comes from not caring whether something is chunni or not but simply doing what you think is fun.
>>
>>46351814
Hex pls go
>>
>>46351240
Tusken Raider Quest
>>
>>46351862
Not Jawa Quest.

Sand people are easily frightened.
>>
>>46351862
That sounds incredibly one note and boring.
>>
>>46351862
i remember that, it was the single greatest thing known to man.
>>
>>46351719
Depends more on how it's executed. It always felt more like wish-fulfillment posing as hard-boiled grit to me.

I guess one could call Revan and Kreia chuuni, though.
>>
File: 1452824575763.gif (971 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1452824575763.gif
971 KB, 500x500
>Tfw I will never get a SW quest where you start out as an absolute nobody and work your way up to becoming the galaxies most feared and respected Bounty Hunter who's name is even on the lips of Jedi Masters and Sith lords alike.
>>
>>46351942
You could play TOR's Bounty Hunter Class Story. Pretty much exactly what you are looking for.
>>
>>46351880
It could make for a fun oneshot, but I was mostly joking.

More seriously, it'd be fun to have a smuggler quest. I wouldn't mind if it dipped into all sorts of areas of dubious legality (smuggling, bounty hunting, heists, etc), but I could see playing the asshole in the funny jacket instead of the walking headhunting tank to have its own appeal.

On the flip side, Smuggler Quest would involve /tg/ trying to be suave and diplomatic, so unless the QM manages to channel that into a dorky moron who still gets results a la Lesbian Johnny Bravo Quest, I could see the whole thing getting real cringey real fast
>>46351883
I didn't know it was a thing.
>>
>>46351960
>Play TOR
With my shit PC? lol no.
>>
>>46351975
I can get behind a smuggler quest if he talks non-stop and is generally annoying the fuck out of everyone and still gets the girls and finishes his runs/contracts.
>>
>>46352037

Why would you want your MC to be annoying?
>>
>>46351736
He disappears after a while.
He was opinionated, but he did do useful things like the episode guide.

His Mio shilling was obnoxious.
>>
>>46352096
Oh ok. His attempts at being a suave one liner machine are just between aggravating and obnoxious. Off I go to read on, I guess.

I'd love for it to be adapted on youtube, but that's way out of my ability to arrange.
>>
>>46351736
such defiance!
>>
>>46352203
To be fair, we never stop dropping our spaghetti.
We always fail when it's time to say something nice.

Like how we admitted to Mio that she wasn't the most important girl to us, even though she was being eaten by an eldritch abomination that could only be held back by her willpower.
>>
So how important is an OP image? From what I gather it's pretty big as it's the first thing people notice about your quest.
>>
>>46351488
Y'know what it sounds like? Anti-authoritarian bullshit of the exact same sort 14-year olds would love.
>>
>>46352264
Man, remember that speech we had to give to all those terrified people? Good times.
>>
>>46352264
It almost seems deliberate how bad Joker's playerbase fucks up. All it would take is a modicum of empathy to make better decisions.

>>46352281
Que?
>>
>>46352037
>still gets the girls
Meh. Maybe one or two fall for his antics but I'm tired if seeing /tg/ try to be a stud
>>
>>46352306
>It almost seems deliberate how bad Joker's playerbase fucks up. All it would take is a modicum of empathy to make better decisions.
I wish.
I thought everyone was more retarded than me when I read the archive.
Then I joined and became one with the retards.
>>
>>46352298
I prefer our treatment of Calcite Arrow.

A running gag born out of stupidity.
>>
>>46352281

Definitely, hence the chuuni label. I definitely remember writing fanfiction about a horrible self-insert grey jedi in eighth grade or so, this all just reminds me too much of that.
>>
What´s the longest running quest we have here so far?

Been on a archive binge with dungeon life and exalted quest lately kinda started to ask myself that.

And erm... How long is Joker Quest? The way you anons talk about it, I want to pick that up too.
>>
>>46352306
>Que?
It's just that I hear you guys go
>we'll be a grey jedi who doesn't listen to those old fogeys of the council!
and that just turns me the fuck off.
>>
>>46352392
Longest as in length or longest as in been around the longest?
>>
>>46352392
>And erm... How long is Joker Quest? The way you anons talk about it, I want to pick that up too.
It's been running since 2012, iirc.
It's now somewhere around the 13X threads or so.
>>
File: New KOF Quest Franken-Waifu.png (429 KB, 778x456) Image search: [Google]
New KOF Quest Franken-Waifu.png
429 KB, 778x456
>>46351710

Sorry for the delayed reply. Busy with lunch.

Well, I tried to do the whole "Blank Slate" thing before and I honestly didn't enjoy it too much by the end... So, part of me wants to try and combine the character select with a more open take like you suggested; Have the characters by open enough that the players have a say in how they evolve as fighters and characters.

If all else fails, I'll just fuse the last MC with her unseen sister and play it from there. Or maybe go with Krauser's Daughter? Mizoguchi's Baby-Mama? The BBEG trying to "Make KOF Great Again"?
>>
>>46352421
It'd have been more but JQOP has the worst luck with vehicles I've ever seen.
>>
>>46352461
The curse has facets.
I fail at technology.
JQOP fails at driving.
Ego fails at having a home.
Hexer fails at self-confidence.
>>
>>46352421
MGNQ is slightly older then it, not by much though.
christ MGNQ is still ongoing, i've followed that shit since day one and watched both the rise, fall and rebirth of /qtg/ in that time, shits depressing.
>>
>>46352499
I feel that anything that goes over 100 threads has something wrong with it's pacing. But maybe the QM doesn't want it to end.
>>
File: Darksiders_II_Archon.jpg (221 KB, 1600x938) Image search: [Google]
Darksiders_II_Archon.jpg
221 KB, 1600x938
The End-War between the three kingdoms of Heaven, Hell, and Man has begun. The 4 Horsemen has left their self-imposed imprisonment and all three realms of existence (Heaven's paradise, Hell's Domain, and Mankind's Earth) are steadily falling into ruin.

In this hour of uncertainty, the Creator decides to set an Angel long since shackled free. An Angel hated by both Hell and Heaven alike; You. Samael, The Judge. Although weakened from your imprisonment, you will gradually regain your strength and former powers by consuming the powers of the ones you Judge.

Hunt down the enemies of Heaven and exact Justice upon them, be they the dregs of Hell, Fallen Lords of Heaven, or even Horsemen, and earn your Father's grace once more and a seat in Paradise.
>>
>>46352406
Meant as in lenght.

>>46352421
Around 13X? Putting it on the backlog then. Need to finish the other two first. But damn, that´s dedication.
>>
>>46352540
I blame my fellow players for the pacing of all the long quests I've so far participated in.

Except for A Tale of Witches. That one's on the QM.
>>
>>46352553
Banished - 187
Hellborn - 144
Homeless Mutant - 146
Princess Guard - 285 (Good luck)
>>
>>46352543
>An Angel hated by both Hell and Heaven alike;
>more chuuni bullshit
>>
>>46352595
Looks like I need that luck...
>>
>>46352615
>chuuni
>using weaboo terms on a mongolian-chinese textile site in 2016
Begone, Banished player!
>>
>>46352639
>reading EGOshit
>especially the ever shitstorm that is PGQ
don't, just don't.
you might end up doing something exceptionally retarded afterwards.
>>
>>46352678
But he's gotta experience it for himself.
>>
>>46352694
anon my fear is he will end up trowling through the archives to read darker and darker quests on /tg/'s history like MSQ, and that quest would break him in half, especially since hes aiming for longass quests to read because of lack of shit to do, thats probably his next target as well.
>>
>>46352678
Princess Guard wasn't EGO, unless the QM has been discovered to be another secret identity of EGO that I wasn't aware of.
>>
>>46352402
>>46352374
I mean, you can be a grey jedi without acting like you're fourteen and edgy. What i originally proposed was that we just worked for the republic directly instead of the order, not something like "I do it my OWN way!" but more like "I follow orders of the actual fucking republic, not some half-connected order that polices itself and sees itself above the law."
So if anything it'd be the opposite of anti authority chuuni bullshit, and more in line with "I'm a law-abiding member of the republic, and do my duty as a military commander."
>>
>>46352731
i could have sworn he was, cause i remember specifically /qtg/ throwing an exceptionally large shitfit about that.
>>
>>46352731
Everyone is EGO, anon.
>>
>>46352657
>using dates as a shaming tactic to make someone feel their argument is inapplicable due to the passage of time
Are you threatened by the use of words?
>>
>>46352678
Well, I dont even know what that quest is about. Don´t say it. I´m used to a lot of shit and that reaction made me open the first thread. I´m probably pretty much doomed and the evening is wasted.
>>
>>46352728
Is MSQ shit? I totally missed it even though I saw it start. God, I'm old.
>>
>>46352728
There were two MSQ's, which one are you talking about, the one which was full of mind control rape, or the one that was really, really bad?
>>
>>46352595
Ryukuza Quest has 170 threads.
>>
>>46352779
i can tell you as one of the shitheads who actually followed that clusterfuck all the way through, yeah, it was shit beyond shit.
it took all the bad parts of /tg/ meta quest, amplified it by 10 fold, and was the primary reason why the giant tide of weeb quests happened on /tg/. It was literally the harbinger of doom, that and fucking SWQ, god damn.
>>
>>46352805
Mind control rape isn't even enough to really qualify as shit. It's the other one alright.
>>
>>46352765
Your patience will be tested.
>>
>>46352763
>their argument
There wasn't any though? Calling something chuuni isn't an argument.
>>
>>46352805
anon people usually don't talk about the mind control rape when people refer to MSQ being irredeemably shit, you know full damn well which one it is.
>>
>>46352840
Challenge accepted. Gonna lurk here while reading it.
>>
>>46352735
Color me intrigued anon
>>
>>46352902
That's my take on it. I accidentally the entire discussion with>>46351279
>>
>>46352735
S-so Sixth Line, r-right?
>>
>>46352735

Doesn't working for the Republic just make you a Force-sensitive washout? Jedi is a specific term for a member of a particular order.
>>
>>46352422

Previously unseen sister could work, gives you flexibility. Just try to avoid continuity lockout and you should be fine.
>>
>>46353046
S-sixth Line, u guise?
>>
My recommendation to all QMs and players is not to stay up late for a quest if you have work in the morning. Especially if you have issues waking up on time.
>>
>>46353046
psshh, just attach "Reject" to the titular and ur done
>>
>>46353046
I mean, my take on it is that you're a ex-padawan that left the order. That means you can still get like 15 years of training in before joining the republics army at 20. The order is built on indoctrination from a young age and maybe the MC was like "You know what, maybe this Jedi thing is pretty fucking stupid? Willful segregation is pretty fucking stupid right? Fuck this shit, i'll join the army and become a useful member of society."
>>
>>46353095
Sleep is for the weak, coffee is for the soul, questing is for the determined.
>>
>>46353099

>"You're the failed Jedi, right?"
>"Grey Jedi! It's a legitimate career decision!"

I could see it working if the QM has a sense of humor.
>>
>>46353119
>coffee
Shit taste confirmed. I bet you browse DLQ as well, kid.
>>
>>46353141
>"Commander Finnick!"
>"Ah, Private. What are you doing down here by the docks?"
>"I came to see the Jedi Knight, sir."
>"Jedi knight...? Oh, you man that failed Jedi?"
>You hear someone screaming "Grey Jedi!" from far away
An attempt was made.
>>
>>46353143
Wait, what? Coffee is shit now? It's been my fucking blood for more than three decades. No, anon, it is you that is a shit.

Perhaps you just haven't found the right one? It is something that takes time.
>>
>>46353189
>>46353141
Yeah I'd be up for playing that.
>>
File: Char_Aznable_-_MSG3.jpg (53 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Char_Aznable_-_MSG3.jpg
53 KB, 720x480
I've pitched this before, but it was in a thread that fell off the board so I don't know if anyone saw it.

Gundam Build Fighters Quest. You play a newbie who joins a bar league, building a team and finding your role as you make tiny robots and make 'em fight. Any interest?
>>
Okay. I read the first PGQ thread right now and opened the second. The writing is actually quite good. But...

I mean... The entire first thread was spend worrying about what they are going to guard. It´s right in the fucking title!

Sigh. Off to the next 284 threads...
>>
>>46353210
>Wanting to get addicted to something
>Need a substance to get out of bed or stay up late because their willpower is non-existent
Fi fo fum, I smell casul scum.
>>
File: Lurking.png (4 KB, 309x196) Image search: [Google]
Lurking.png
4 KB, 309x196
>>46353261
The entire quest is like that.
Stop now before it's too late.
>>
>>46353261
If you're gonna give us an excerpt of your experiences after every thread you read you're gonna find yourself repeating a lot of the same things.
>>
>>46353189

>Sergeant Darzo sighs as he puts his hand on the shoulder of the "grey Jedi."
>"Kid, you were tricked. There's no such thing as a Jedi homeschool program."
>>
>>46353282
Nah. I continue on, as long as I can.

>>46353295
Don´t worry. I´m not gonna tell you about every thread. Maybe I report back, after 10 - 20 threads? Don´t know.

Well, see you guys later.
>>
>>46353249
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Gundam%20Build%20Fighters%20Quest

Not saying don't run it because it's been done, but be aware that is has.
>>
>>46353380
On second thought, in the middle of the second thread. I give up and close that shit. Seriously.

>Heck, show her our swordsmanship. By fondling our sword.

>Indeed. Show that we have a deft touch when it comes to sword play.

>Actually, there's a thought. Fuck this bitch, we're going full yaoi. Pursue husbandos.

All those damned lines about fondle her, fondle him, fondle it.

IN THE SECOND THREAD.

Then they mention slaanesh and make plans to fondle the king.

Seriously. No. I´m going back to reading exalted , dungeon life and so on...

You guys warned me and I didn´t listen...
>>
>>46353527
FAILURE

I'm just kidding. It's for the best you stopped early.
>>
>>46353527
>dungeon life
You're just digging yourself a deeper grave with all this shit.
>>
File: 1458253739766.jpg (169 KB, 1878x1070) Image search: [Google]
1458253739766.jpg
169 KB, 1878x1070
>>46353438

>run by Merc Command
>also features a 0079 Federation grunt unit as your base
>it's actually pretty good

Today it is me Char laughs at. Thanks for the heads up, I'll find something else to run.
>>
>>46353561
Why? Heard from the qm himself, that the quest was about life in a dungeon. Haven´t picked it up yet. Well, I asked it a month ago...
>>
>>46353527
Have you read HMQ?

If not - read HMQ.
>>
>>46353527
>exalted
And you're being turned away by people wanting to fondle and fuck everything? From what I hear about that quest, people do that and actually do it in the Quest most of the time.
>>
>>46353593
It's fine. Read it and make your own opinion.

>>46353608
Though this is a good point.
>>
>>46353593
It's a new shit tier of Decu propositions with equal shitty writing. I won't stop you from playing/reading it and forming your own opinion, but a lot of people dislike it and how much his players shill his quest constantly.
>>
>>46353604
What´s the full title?

>>46353608
>>46353618
>>46353640
Going to give it a try then. I can stop anytime anyway. As for exalted. I only read the thread 108(?) and from what I understood, the behavior there was influenced by the great curse or whatever it was called again.
>>
>>46353689
Homeless Mutant Quest by CrustyJay.
>>
>>46353763
Thanks.

That´s a huge jump in quality from the previous quest I tried to read.
>>
>>46353640
They do? Where?

And as always, I'm taking criticism if you've got it on offer. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Decu.
>>
>>46352298
To be fair, that wasn't even a speech. A guy just made a bullet-point list of stuff we generally needed to convey and asked someone else to make it into a decent speech, but nobody did.
>>
>>46354018
>And as always, I'm taking criticism if you've got it on offer.
This is the one single thing you spam every time someone calls your quest out for being shit and when they do offer you criticism you continue with
>No that's not enough details.
You don't want criticism, it's just your way to try and defend yourself. People don't need to give you criticism if they call your quest shit. Lots of people think your quest is shit and others like it. It is how it is, but stop hiding behind that pathetic font. lol
>>
>>46354111
Nice trips senpai!
>>
>>46354111
Checked and shreked.
>>
>>46354111
More detail is helpful in pinpointing problems. "It's shit," is informative in a sense, but, "why?" is a fair follow up question. I'm not asking anyone to be less than honest; I'm not asking anyone to stop expressing their opinion. I'm seeking to improve.
>>
>>46354187
>More detail is helpful in pinpointing problems.
True, but when people give you specific criticism, you still go "I need more details". Stop lying, man.
>>
>>46354111>>46354220
>when they do offer you criticism
>people give you specific criticism
Not Vox, but what kind of specific criticism has been offered? Can you link some? A bit? Any?
I am genuinely interested, because most of the time when I see accusations like this, it turns out there has never been any detailed criticism. Not saying you are lying, though.
>>
>>46354288
It's in the last /wqt/ or the one before that. Very easy to look it up in the archives.
>>
>>46354220
I suppose you've no particular reason to trust my good faith. My apologies for disturbing the thread.
>>
>shitposter is revealed to be spewing lies and misinformation about a quest
>doubles down on it
>QM gives up on fighting it

Ah, it's good to know that QTG immediately picks up where it left off.
>>
>>46354365
Well there is no real reason to fight it. Shitposters gunna shitpost. Not much you can do.
>>
>>46354365
That's how it's always been. QM's are weaklings when it comes to shitposters.
>>
>>46354365
Picking a fight won't get the thread back to discussion faster, will it?
>>
>I want to start a quest
>Got no good quest ideas
Kick any good quest ideas my way, please.
>>
>>46354323
Oh, so you're implying I should go search for the proof of your words myself?
Sorry, but that's not how it works. I'd rather not believe you in the first place if you're not able to back your words with facts.
>>
>>46354539
Not my problem if you're too lazy to look it up yourself. Suit yourself.
>>
>>46354539
>Sorry, but that's not how it works.
Oh noooo! The Internet police is here. Show me your Internet badge!
>>
>>46354564
I sure will, mister bullshit.
>>
>>46354593
>Waah! Waah! He called my favorite quest shit! Waah! Waah!
LMAO @ YOU
>>
File: internet-police (1).jpg (73 KB, 296x405) Image search: [Google]
internet-police (1).jpg
73 KB, 296x405
>>46354586
>>
>>46354620
I've never read this quest, I don't even know what exactly it's about.
>>
>>46354410
But what if your QM is the biggest shitposter of all? Is he weak to himself?
>>
>>46354733
Planefag?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.