[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New to tabletop games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: C2dP3nB.jpg (74 KB, 850x454) Image search: [Google]
C2dP3nB.jpg
74 KB, 850x454
Hello /tg/ I am thinking of starting to get into tabletop games.
Can you suggest any ones that will be easy to get started with. I was also thinking of getting the Song of Ice and Fire RPG. Is it any good?

Tips for starting are welcome.
>>
>>46405300
Before anyone shits on it, you should look into Age of Sigmar. Its rules are simple yet allow you to try different tactics/strageties with its various factions and rules. Make your own decisions about it because it isnt for everyone and people will try their best to make it sound absolutely horrible. I will admit that it may be tricky to find a community to play it because you'll get crucified for just being interested in it. Same goes for Fantasy Battles and 40k. You cant go wrong with any of these but each should be weighed of its pros, and cons. MY advice is to go to the different generals and ask around. I havent really done anything in terms of RPG's but i would freaking love to. I just dont have a community to get a foot in with to be able to do so. Also, go to any and all FLGS around you and find out what is played there. You dont want to get into anything and find out that it isnt supported.
>>
>>46405300
bump
>>
>>46405528
Alright I'll take a look at Age of Sigmar thanks anon
>>
>>46405300
Another thing is no matter what you do, eith tabletops and RPG's, try to find alternatives. From books to paint to models. There is almost always a place to get them other than the main provider. Now, if you love the game enough then by all means support the main provider, but thats up to you. If you get into anything GW, its probably a good idea to look for cheaper kits or models or paints from ebay or warstore at first( if you live in US, i dont know any sites for UK or anywhere else), but as I said before, if you feel they deserve it, and you cant find a suitable source to get it cheaper, get it from a GW store or their site.(God help you if you are in Australia.)
>>
So is the ASOIAF RPG good?
>>
>>46405565
Don't listen to >>46405528, anon, you're either being trolled or shill ed at by a GW employee. Age of Sigmar is an extremely unpopular rules-lite skirmish war game with very expensive models.
>>
>>46406363
It's decent with players who aren't retard murderhobos.
>>
>>46406413
I took a look at their models and it did seem pretty dear.

>>46406438
I was thinking of getting it to play with my friends seeing as we all like the ASOIAF universe. So would it be easy enough to get into?
>>
>>46406488
It's got a lot of rules, I won't lie, but it's not too hard to learn. The house building mechanic is fun.
>>
>>46406509
Alright thanks anon! Might have to save up some extra money before our board game week
>>
>>46406488
I've played it with friends, it's easy enough but you'll want to read through it properly and it helps to write up a quick cheat sheet so you aren't going through page after page for rules.

I think the intrigue system is a little clunky though.
>>
>>46406560
If you want to try before you buy, I may have a link for you to download it. Let me get off work and I'll post it.
>>
>>46405300
Mantic games are simple and easy to get into.
Check Kings of War as the starter
>>
>>46405528
OP asks about an RPG, and you start going on about a wargame.

>>46405300
>>46409582
Here you go, friends. http://www.rapture-pictures.com/Temp/GRR2707e_ASongOfIceAndFireRoleplaying-GameOfThronesEdition.pdf

Anyone feel like rolling up a house?
>>
>>46413125
That is very kind of you anon. I'm going to have a look at it now.
>>
>>46413125
rolling
>>
>>46413383
Roll a D10 to determine Region(the 3d6 method means that you'll usually land in the Vale)
>>
File: clark_sigil.png (398 KB, 500x728) Image search: [Google]
clark_sigil.png
398 KB, 500x728
Come and join us in Oldtown, anon. We need more good knight, strong knight, like you.
-- Lady Nanci Clark

pic related is made with www.jointherealm.com, which is primitive but gives a good base for further modifications
>>
File: House_Norfield.png (72 KB, 432x446) Image search: [Google]
House_Norfield.png
72 KB, 432x446
>>46414529
This one's good.
http://rpg.uplink.fi/heraldry/?template=main
>>
File: House Cousland.png (74 KB, 432x446) Image search: [Google]
House Cousland.png
74 KB, 432x446
pls no bully
>>
So anyone want to post backstories for their houses?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.