[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Power armor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 29
File: 1425414220882.jpg (442 KB, 1000x1440) Image search: [Google]
1425414220882.jpg
442 KB, 1000x1440
Just how good is Adepta Sororitas armor? Is it better than Ignatus pattern armor? Does other types of non marine power armors exist in 40k?
>>
File: Sisters Trio.jpg (177 KB, 1024x724) Image search: [Google]
Sisters Trio.jpg
177 KB, 1024x724
>>46273640
Sororitas power armor is equal to Astartes power armor in its level of protection and the DEGREE of Strength augmentation. However, since Sororitas are not genetically enhanced and lack the Black Carapace upgrade, they don't have the same ACTUAL level of strength augmentation, and do not control their Power Armor directly through a neural interface like a Space Marine can through his BC.

I'm also going to defend boobplate here - why on earth would an all-female fighting force who are not constrained by money and exist purely to exploit the fact that they are female NOT glorify the female form whenever they can? Besides, anything that can penetrate Power Armor is going to be powerful enough to where shot-traps aren't much of an issue.
>>
>>46273640
>>46273857

I just hope that GW make the adepta sororitas the female space marines if that make them give some love to the sisters
>>
>>46273640

They have human power armor for Inquisitors and other rich humans.

They are as protective and offer enhanced strength just like marine armor, but lack the integrated systems and the neural connection of the space marine's black carapace. So they are more like traditional sci fi power armor while marine power armor is more like Crysis nanosuits or integrated bio armor with hard exterior.

Also I think the human power armor doesn't have the stuff like turning your urine and shit into food.
>>
File: 1389819789538.jpg (135 KB, 574x400) Image search: [Google]
1389819789538.jpg
135 KB, 574x400
>>46273857
>>46274161
These people really have it down.

SM / CSM Power Armor is just fancier with more tools built in.

>mfw I'm proud of /tg/ for a moment
>>
File: marine_armour.png (2 MB, 1140x1699) Image search: [Google]
marine_armour.png
2 MB, 1140x1699
Does it have as many secondary systems as Astartes armour?

I'd imagine not personally, but I dunno
>>
I know that at least a couple Inquisitors have power armor actually better than space marines. Like that one guy who works closely with the GK and is the size of a terminator.
>>
>>46274354

Literally look at any post in this thread except yours and the second one.

I swear to god you people
>>
>>46274161
>Also I think the human power armor doesn't have the stuff like turning your urine and shit into food.
that's probably just because the humans using it don't have the enhanced organs capable of making use of that kind of disgusting nutrient gruel
>>
>>46274371

That's because Hector Rex is wearing terminator armor you moron.
>>
>>46273640
>I'm also going to defend boobplate here - why on earth would an all-female fighting force who are not constrained by money and exist purely to exploit the fact that they are female NOT glorify the female form whenever they can?

Um, but why WOULD they? Are you going to give them a vag-plate too?

>Besides, anything that can penetrate Power Armor is going to be powerful enough to where shot-traps aren't much of an issue.

It is when shots are deflected into your heart instead of a lung.

That said, energy weapons like lasers and plasma guns are the biggest danger to power armour and those don't get deflected. It's still a liability against thingsl ike heavy bolters though.
>>
>>46274422

Meant to quote >>46273857
>>
>>46274161

>They have human power armor for Inquisitors and other rich humans.

So is that amor the same as sister amor?
>>
>>46274422
Give an example of vag-plate.
>>
>>46274389
Anon, some people in 40k live their entire fucking lives subsisting on processed kelp bar food product, soylens viridians, and corpse starch. Reclaimed waste-product gruel is a fucking picnic next to that.
>>
>>46274422
>Um, but why WOULD they?

Because they need to make it very clear they aren't men-at-arms, which are prohibited. There is no way the Ecclesiarchy is going to raise an army of masculine looking power armored soldiers when they were explicitly banned from raising an army of men-at-arms. Thus why they raised an army of women in female power armor.

You new to 40k or does asking stupid questions simply turn you on?
>>
>>46274467

Yes. The female Inquisitor armor looks a lot like SoB armor. The pattern is probably different.

Power armor is power armor if it's marine vs. marine or human vs. human. Stop with the retarded questions.
>>
>>46274487
Right but those people are disgusting peasants who can get the space plague from eating their own shit without anyone noticing or caring.

NOT the people rich enough to buy themselves power armour.
>>
>>46274489
I dunno man even when they where little more than fetishy bondage nuns with actual nipple spikes, they still had regular non-sexual power armor.
>>
File: Sister v Chaos.jpg (186 KB, 800x1132) Image search: [Google]
Sister v Chaos.jpg
186 KB, 800x1132
>>46274422
>Um, but why WOULD they?
Because the armor has to be designed around it anyway, so why not go ahead and accentuate the form rather than attempt to hide it? Besides, the Ecclessiarchy doesn't do subtle - Sisters are supposed to be walking, talking, living icons of purity and faith decked in the absolute best gear that money can buy. Giving them boob-plate adds to the angelic image they are going for, and also is a way for the Sisters to emphasize their femininity while kicking your fucking skull in. Space marines do the same thing with cod-pieces and Power Armor abs (looking at you, BA).

They're not tacticool oper8tors. They're "We're gonna kick your fucking door in and burn you alive just to prove a point, and we'll look good doing it."

>It is when shots are deflected into your heart instead of a lung.

Again, with the types of weapons that can pierce PA, it's going to be a lethal hit anyway. Any gain from going boob-to-flat is going to be far, far more academic than practical.

> It's still a liability against thingsl ike heavy bolters though.

Not compared to the liability of getting hit with a fully-automatic, super-accurate 40mm grenade launcher in the first place. You'll survive a random glancing blow, but more than one or two hits and even a Space Marine is a dead man.
>>
>>46274626

But that's boob plate. Or I guess it's just a bulging chestplate to accommodate her massive mams.
>>
>>46274523
>"Look, Heronicus, MY power armor system includes an integrated waste recycling system, just like the Emperor's own Angels of Death!"
>"By jove, this tastes awful!"
>"Surely it must be because our feces are of an insufficient caliber compared to the mighty Adeptus Astartes!"

And that's how my chapter became shit farmers.
>>
>>46274656
That CSM seems incredibly unamused
>>
>>46274739
>you're seriously trying to hit me with uncharged plasma?
>>
>>46274664
It's neither.

The armor's got naked Danny Devito proportions because bad art, like the rest of the game at that time.
>>
>>46274402
Doesn't Terminator armor require the Black Carapace to function? I know Hector Rex is a hugely modified human, but does he actually have one?
>>
>>46274739
>>46274762

He's like one of those fat guys/girls giving mean looks in the background of hot chicks taking selfies.

>I'm not even dead and this bitch is seriously going to get on her knees and pose for a servo skull pict capture?
>>
>>46273857
By the Emperor they could purge me any time
>>
>>46274789

Yes it does. Which is why they wear human terminator armor.

This is in the fucking wikipedia page for Terminator armor man.

Less frequently, high-ranking members of the Inquisition have been known to wear a form of Terminator Armour sized for an ordinary human occupant. Notably, members of the Ordo Malleus in particular have been known to favour suits of terminator Armour. However, lacking the genetically-engineered subdermal Space Marine organ known as the Black Carapace, Inquisitors are unable to neurologically interface with the armour, and generally find its bulk much more cumbersome than a Space Marine does.
>>
File: 1449446807050.jpg (164 KB, 1024x722) Image search: [Google]
1449446807050.jpg
164 KB, 1024x722
>>46274801
TWINS, THEY WERE.
>>
>>46274789
>>46274467
>>46274371
>>46273640

Use 40k wiki instead of making stupid posts on /tg/ repeatedly.
>>
>>46274844
The wikis are written by people who make stupid posts on forums, though.
>>
>>46274844
My guess it that is the OP was meant to lead to female Space Marines.
>>
>>46274874
They're also copy-pastes of the official fluff a lot of the time
>>
>>46274844
>trusting a wiki
>>
>>46274966

All the answers in this thread corroborate the wikis so you're getting the same answers regardless.

>thinking wikis are never right
>>
>>46274925
Copy-pastes of semi-official fluff that is often wrong or otherwise retconned.
>>
>>46274966
> trusting people on 4chan instead of literally any other source
>>
>>46274995
So like most of what is written about 40k.
>>
>>46274995
lexicanum is fairly good with sourcing their fluff, which makes fact checking simple enough
>>
>>46275003
Good, you see the problem.

Nebulous, untrustworthy fluff made all the more nebulous and untrustworthy through being interpreted by the sort of untrustworthy neckbeards who shitpost on forums and organize wikis.
>>
>>46274995
>>46275021

You faggots always say this, and I always tell you: I have every single piece of fluff on my chapter, and 40k wiki has 100% accurate copy pasting and lists all the sources (without in line referencing) and lexicanum has barely any content and changes the wording.

Lexicanum is shit. You're not writing an essay or a science journal, you're learning about something. Taking 99% more info where 99% of it is accurate is better than taking only 1% info that's not even word for word taken from the source.

Just don't go to Miriael Sabathiels' page and you're fine.
>>
File: Space marine gets nutrients.png (128 KB, 324x315) Image search: [Google]
Space marine gets nutrients.png
128 KB, 324x315
>>46274161
Space marines confirmed for brown pill.
>>
>>46274844
When people say "check the wiki" they mean Lexicanum, not the shitty wikias full of fanfiction.
>>
>>46275167

Good luck checking Lexicanum when it doesn't even have any information on what you're looking for.

What's more likely, someone saying "Wiki" to refer to "THE 40K WIKI" and not simply saying "Lexicanum", or you not being an autist?
>>
>>46274980
>>46275000
A wiki can be edited by literally anyone for no fucking reason, deleting the old information and replacing it with new false information just for shits and giggles.

If you ask on a forum however, you might get two trolls and seven people giving you the right answer. The trolls do not have the power to erase the correct information like they do on a wiki.
>>
>>46275120

Protip: an encyclopedia is supposed to be a summarized and paraphrased source about a subject, not a full and comprehensive one. You go to an encyclopedia for the general gist on a topic. If every encyclopedia just copied and pasted everything a given source material said about something, it'd take a hundred volumes of books larger than your torso just to get through the letter A.
>>
>>46275167
>not the shitty wikias full of fanfiction.

So I guess that the sources that they have listed at the end of every article is fanfiction also? Just wondering, you know, because most of them are core rulebooks and Codexes.
>>
>>46275120
the two are similar enough, I just don't care for how the 40k wiki handles sources. Like, what's the fucking point of listing them if you're not going to link them to specific passages. If someone wants to see where a piece of fluff came from, they have to check them all.

With lexicanum you can immediately tell, and quickly see if the information's bullshit or not.
>>
>>46275223
>A wiki can be edited by literally anyone for no fucking reason, deleting the old information and replacing it with new false information just for shits and giggles.

This is why the wiki is moderated.
>>
>>46275251

You weren't going to check Lexicanum's sources anyway.
>>
>>46275324
but I do? Like, I literally mentioned fact-checking before you had a sperg attack.
>>
>>46275360

If you actually fact checked you'd know 40k wiki is accurate.

>hur dur let me pull the sperg card
>>
>OP subtly tries to start an argument about female space marines
>Ends up starting an argument about wikis and spoonfeeding instead.
>>
>>46275384
>If someone wants to see where a piece of fluff came from, they have to check them all.
Shit's poorly organized, dude.

>hur dur how dare he call me a sperg for spazzing out on someone's choice of wiki
>>
File: Seraphim.jpg (80 KB, 854x665) Image search: [Google]
Seraphim.jpg
80 KB, 854x665
how do they control their jump packs btw?

always assumed that SM jump packs work by the neurological link so they can control it simply by thinking of what they want it to do, but sisters don't have that link
>>
>>46275517
Faith.

No idea, but I assume there are MIUs given to the Seraphim.
>>
>>46274789
the black carapace is just nerve connections.

I think if an inquisitor can get terminator armor, they can probably get some robot bits that function as a black carapace. I think I saw it in a FFG book along with cyborg lungs and robot eyes.
>>
>>46274130

HERESY

Back to /mlp/ with you
>>
>>46273640
If we use the 40k game as a reference point, and if my memory serves me well, and IF my math-fu isn't off (since I am nuder influence) a Sororitas armor has a 95% chance enduring against an Ork dakka, 85ish% chance against a Guardsman with a Las, 75ish% against a Fire Warrior pulse rifle and 70ish% against a Space Marine bolter
>>
File: imgres.png (14 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
imgres.png
14 KB, 225x225
>>46274130
>>
>>46275517
They control their jump packs by NOT QUESTIONING THE EMPEROR YOU FUCKING HERETIC!
>>
File: 1457117940718.jpg (176 KB, 601x500) Image search: [Google]
1457117940718.jpg
176 KB, 601x500
>>46274130
>>
Astartes power armor has a huge number of support systems and is vacuum safe (with the helmet on). Sororitas power armor is just armor.

Astartes can wear their armor for days, months, even years at a time. I'm pretty sure they do take it off a lot though, since servicing the armor while wearing it sounds easier said than done.

Sororitas have to take their armor off to pee, so they pretty much only wear it when going into battle.
>>
>>46275517
The same way people not wearing power armor control jump packs, such as Elysium Drop Troops.
>>
ITT: Games Workshop apologists. The boob armour was made so the company could get their fans wanking as well as spending. They are complimentary. Source: consumer culture.
>>
>>46283535
It was one post at the beginning of the thread, should have just replied to that anon.
>>
>>46275384
I checked the 40K wiki articles and I can tell you that they are riven with fanfiction that is planted within the fluff.
>>
>>46275120
>Go to Lexicanum
>Chose a subject
>Ignore the text and go straight to sauce section
>Hunt down copies of listed literature
>???
>Profit!
>>
>>46283799

Nobody does this, otherwise they wouldn't need to engage in threads asking for fluff info and they also wouldn't need wikis because they'd be the kind of person who actually downloads and reads fluff themselves.

Also, how would you download something if Lexicanum doesn't even list it? Which they don't, for a lot of things.
>>
>>46283332
Elysians don't have jump packs. They have grav chutes. They can't go UP. They just slow you like a sleeker, more badass, muilti-use parachute.
>>
>>46273857
>>46274656
Not the anon you were talking to, but it's not about the weapons that would be able to penetrate, it's about the force from weaker stuff being transferred to the center of your chest rather than bouncing off.
>>
>>46283332
Drop troops use grav chutes not jump packs. All you have to do is turn it on before stepping out of the aircraft.
>>
>>46284464
Shit doesn't "bounce off" of armor, anon. No matter what angle a projectile strikes at it transfers part or all of its momentum to the target. As for "focusing the energy", I challenge you to find ONE piece of historical or experimental evidence that suggests the precise shape of a chest plate can increase mortality.

No, nothing you got from 4chan counts.
>>
>>46284238

If you don't read the sources for the articles how do you know the articles are accurate? You claim that the wiki is good yet you have no way of knowing this.
>>
>>46275120
That is not how wikis are supossed to work, you idiot. I still remember the Rogue Trader article copy pasting 10 pages straight from the book to tell about demenours. Literally shit edition.
>>
>>46284847
I'll never understand the whole "bullets and arrows bounce off boob armor and redirect unerringly in the direct center of the chest" bullshit.

I mean even if ricochets were that convenient they'd just all realign straight to the center chest the heart isn't in the exact center. If the projectile pierces far enough it would hit the spine, which would be bad, but let's face it between the spin, heart, lungs, ribs (bone fragment shrapnel in the chest cavity is a nightmare) there is absolutely no place in the chest you'd want to be shot, period. Except, ironically, being hit in the boob wouldn't be so bad in the hopes that the fatty tissue might help slow the projectile. It wouldn't feel pleasant but adipose tissue is nature's cushion, after all, and it's easier to recover than if something rips through your lung.
>>
>>46284847
It's not going to bounce off like in a cartoon, no, but only a moron is going to think I was talking literally like that. When a projectile strikes a surface at an angle, a portion of the projectile's force is transferred into momentum in a different direction. If that direction causes it to hit something else, say another boob, then more of it's force will be imparted.

Yes, it's unlikely, but field a few million soldiers (or however many sisters there are) in frequent battles over the course of tens of thousands of years and you're going to see it happen numerous times. Having armor in more of a uniboob shape, so projectiles that hit it will tend to be deflected away from the wearer rather than toward them again, is going to help protect people.

This is pretty basic stuff.
>>
>>46285327
This.
And what if they are just an ormament made from plastic or some other non-bouncable material
>>
>>46285581
You're assuming that the titplate is not a breakaway decoration.
There are many examples of real armor all around the world with all kinds of silly, protruding bits (Often horns or similar things on helmets) that were only connected by weak glue that gives out under any amount of force.
>>
File: no doc.gif (1 MB, 245x221) Image search: [Google]
no doc.gif
1 MB, 245x221
>>46274130
Great, more Space Marines. Great, no more Sororitas, because now they're just Space Marines.
>>
>>46273857
I'd agree with your boobplate point but for the fact that the armor was made when Goge Vandire was still in charge, not after the men under arms rule.

So the boobplate was made because some insane man got turned on by warrior women, and it was actually a pretty good piece of armor.
>>
>>46275120
>lexicanum
>sources things obviously after each line or paragraph so you know where it comes from, complete with hyperlinks
>40k wikia
>repeats the same information over and over that you could have read from another page
>doesn't obviously cite its sources
>in a few places it's wrong/outdated (saying the Dark Angels make all failed recruits into servitors, where some novel series have fully-humans serfs)
>>
>>46275517

Unstated but I'd lean 'Cybernetics'. The SOB are not remotely opposed to cybernetics so it's quite possible they have a MIU.
>>
>>46285691
I'd say that the SOB prefer to stay light on augmentation. They're often at odds with the Mechanicus and the human form is sacred.
That being said, MIUs are obviously not something that rare or obtrusive, so there's no reason they wouldn't use them.
>>
>>46285732
Nor anything really about bionics as long as there is actual reason to get one like battle damage instead of 'lol weak flesh'.
>>
>>46285732

Oh yeah. I'd say they are not heavy on the 'That limb is fine but this new one is shinier' or 'Carve our your eyes for multispectral visors!'

But they'd be fine on 'Let's add an interface port to your back for the armour' or 'Yep, that's an arm gone. We'll get you a replacement'

But that's just my estimation. If it's subtle enough it won't fuck with normal life or it's needed, they'd be all for it.

I imagine that the installation of such is mostly done by the Hospitaler orders, not the Mechanicus themselves.
>>
File: New SOB Design.jpg (316 KB, 900x1096) Image search: [Google]
New SOB Design.jpg
316 KB, 900x1096
>>46285624
>sororitas are actually flatchested and the boobs are reactive armour like astartes pauldrons.
>>
>>46286390
You can hide a lot of titflesh inside a conservative suit of armor. You can hide literally any normal human amount of tit if you use binding techniques and tape the girls down. It's mildly uncomfortable, but doesn't impact anything like breathing.
>>
>>46273857
>neural interface like a Space Marine
We don't know how Sisters control their armour except it isn't via Black Carapace. It's literally never been said.
For all we know it may still be a neural interface that doesn't rely on BC.
>>
>>46274489
>Thus why they raised an army of women in female power armor.
They had the army before hand.
The Ecclesiarch Sebastian Thor intentionally wrote in the loop-hole so the Ecclesiarchy didn't actually give up any of the armed forces whilst sounding like they had been neutered beyond all repair.
The High Lords were pissed when they discovered he pulled a fast one on them but the Custodes sided with Thor so they let it go.
>>
>>46286691

Mostly because an Ecclessiarchy with zero ability to provide force would have soon become a puppet of other parts of the Imperium that guarded them.
>>
>>46275517
Never explained.
Likely a non-BC neural link
>>
>>46286390
I take it you don't have breasts nor have ever touched a pair in your entire life aside from nursing as a baby then?
Boobs squish.
>>
>>46285653
Is there a source for Vandire-era Sister armour? Do we actually know it's the same?
Because I'm rather interested in learning what it looked like. I'd like to do a Brides of the Emperor army. I'm already doing a small Frateris Custodes IG force based of Tempestus rules and minis.
>>
>>46275120
40KW was a joke for years, full of fanfiction and no sources. Then one guy decided it was his mission to 'beat' Lexicanum and spent a while near-copy-pasting things in and setting up the structure that you just list sources at the bottom and don't cite or reference on 40KW. The 'lets just copy the original text completely fuck it' attitude hadn't developed yet.

Then a guy who got banned from Lexicanum for fan-fiction and using fan-art went to 40KW butthurt as fuck and started copy-pasting entire Lexicanum articles into 40KW and using Lexicanum formats in his articles.

After he was told to stop doing that by the admin because of complaints from the Lex, he switched to uploading all fan-art he could find (fan-fiction finally having been banned from 40KW after years of rampancy) and even altering them so they represented other things. The admin started get complaints from artists, but by this time the butthurt guy was his #1 guy and the pagehits were going up (and this guy lives to beat Lexicanum), so he told the artists to GTF.

Then, the admin had life stuff and had to take time off, so put the butthurt guy in charge.
That guy - who always hated having to rewrite text and come up with original structure to avoid the danger of legal trouble - decided it was better and less work to just copy completely everything word for word in an official work and put it online. When people said they didn't think that was very cool or even completely legal, they also got told to GTF.

So the 40KW started as a children's fanfic playground and over time became written by pretty much just 2 guys, one of whom is obsesssed with beating Lexicanum for e-peen, the other guy still smarts about being banned from Lex. They stole most of their content structure (and some content) from Lex and the rest of it now is just copied directly from source material and shoved into giant articles without reference and the people in charge of it are dicks.
>>
>>46286815
>Sororitas Power Armour is the only enduring legacy of the reign of Goge Vandire, who commissioned the armour for his Brides of the Emperor, where today it serves the Sisters of Battle. Crafted by the forges of Mars, Sororitas Power Armour is relatively lighter than most suits, providing excellent protection and increased strength at negligible loss to the user's mobility and agility. It uses the same power source as the Astartes, and thus will effectively last forever if properly maintained and undamaged.

It's also said that the Order of the Ebon Chalice wears the same colors and uniforms as when they were the Daughters of the Emperor, which implies that they had the same armor.
>>
File: 1401116296890.jpg (110 KB, 767x768) Image search: [Google]
1401116296890.jpg
110 KB, 767x768
bump
>>
Sisters of Battle power armor is my favourite setof armour in any setting, 40k and beyond. I love the fact is provides good protection while not being incredibly bulky like Marine armour and even the suits used by inquisitors sometimes.

Does anyone have any art of a male version of the armour, or at the risk of >heresy does anyone have any good genderswaped SoB images?
>>
>>46289534
Fraternis or Inquisitors probably cover that human male sized power armor niche.

Thats what Ignatus power armor is.
>>
>>46286915
Incredible that someone got so mad about the internet.
>>
File: 100_0468[1].jpg (113 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
100_0468[1].jpg
113 KB, 768x1024
Depends. Power armour isn't ass produced, so quality varies from set to set.
According to the FFG rpgs it's middle-range power armour (AP 8 body, 7 locations), and inferior to Astartes armor (AP 10 body, 8 other locations).
Astartes also have more sub-sytems that regular Power Armor, even if Sororitas have excellent electronics in theirs, compared to the rest of the models.
That said, Deathwatch puts a lot of emphasis on the armour, making it a semi-sentient entity (and generally having a huge boner for SM). SO direct comparison may not be the best course of action.

It isn't too far fetched to thing that some forge worlds may produce superior power armor for the Ecclessiarchy, or that devout artisans spend a lot of time checking for fault in Sister's armour.

tl; dr: If Astartes armour is generally a 10 out of 10, Sisters have armour with a rating going from 8 to 10 depending on the models.

>>46274476
Not him, but there are numerous examples of bulging codpieces for knight's armour (even if it deflects any descending blow towards the crotch). Pic related.

Honestly, as long as they don't have battle heels, the sisters could have bas-reliefs depicting the entire history of the Imperium on their codpieces and I wouldn't care.
>>
>>46289937
MASS produced. Dammit.
>>
File: 1437464696434.jpg (11 KB, 322x366) Image search: [Google]
1437464696434.jpg
11 KB, 322x366
I imagine Astartes armor offers a bit more protection due to the increased size and strength of the wearer just lets them put more armor plating on
>>
>>46273640
Alright, I'm going to sum up what's in this thread only with an attempt to shed more light on the actual sciences behind each suit, even though 40k runs almost purely off Decentanium and Narrativinium.

Despite the TT statistics, Astartes Power Armour provides a better level of protection from most forms of assault than Sororitas Power Armour, the former is better designed for deflecting and dissipating blows as well as being clearly thicker. I am aware that some sources state each having a similar level of protection exist, but it would be really absurd to actually believe such unless the Sororitas utilized a higher ratio of Adamantium over Plasteel and Ceramite, which would completely negate the idea of it being lighter.

Due to a lack of neural interface with the suit as well as a lack of space, the Sororitas also have far less subsystems in their suits than the Adeptus Astartes, mostly because a Human simply can't handle controlling the functions of all these subsystems without some serious mental re-wiring, which the Astartes are given in the form of hypno-therapy and the Black Carapace augmentation. In terms of how the Sisters control their servos, I theorize the use of pressure-sensors like the power armour designs we have today, which, contrary to superficial inspection actually react quicker than the Human body can, so the Carapace is actually unnecessary for movement.

Compared to other patterns of Human Power Armour, it is advanced and standardized, so the comparisons between them would vary wildly depending on the Forge World and manufacturer of the other suit.

Essentially, the Sororitas Pattern Power Armour, while high quality for Human suits, is inferior to Legion patterns in almost every way, only much, much lighter.
>>
>>46290017
>increased... strength of the wearer
Why does that matter?
Power Armour isn't carried by the wearer. It's a fully self-supporting suit in it's own right.
>>
>>46290226
Astartes can use their strength and the strength of their armor. That way they can doublestrength.

Otherwise, why not just put normal people in there?
>>
>>46290264
It's a recurring argument between the more science and engineering-minded fans of 40k whether or not Power Armour merely increases strength or offers a set amount of strength and the guy in the suit is basically just controlling a small battlesuit. Jury's still up for debate because, on one hand, the latter is more realistic, on the other most pieces of 40k lore talk about it enhancing strength.
>>
File: Sisters of Battle Helmet.jpg (35 KB, 496x350) Image search: [Google]
Sisters of Battle Helmet.jpg
35 KB, 496x350
I've noticed that no one has brought up how Sororita Sabat Helms are actually superior to Marine Helmets with the inclusion of various subsystems like 'psycho-occular filtering' and various auto-senses.
>>
>>46290291
Increases strength. In any matter of 40k where it's "realistic" vs "cool", it's always going to be "cool".
>>
>>46290329
>Posted wrong pic
>>
>>46290329
Unless you can give me a source as to why it's actually better than Astartes helmets, considering the actual specifications of Auto-senses are unknown and Legion helmets offer all the other subsystems they have.
>>
>>46290365
>Sentence structure, what is
I apologise for that. The question should've read as a request for a source on their superiority to standard Astartes designs.
>>
>>46273857
Boobplate exists for the same reason battle high heels, space monesteries, why super soldiers wear flashy colours, massive stained glass windows on space stations. Because the Imperium is just like that.
>>
>>46290329
space marines have the autosenses as well m8, and the psycho-occular filtering is specifically to help compensate for the deficiencies of the regular human mind
>>
File: 23342.jpg (59 KB, 1081x365) Image search: [Google]
23342.jpg
59 KB, 1081x365
>>46290407
>psycho-occular filtering is specifically to help compensate for the deficiencies of the regular human mind

Is it? The name of the thing implies it helps you see things. I always though it was some kind of witch finding tool.

Though sisters are inferior overall to marines they are quoted to be better witch hunters.
>>
>>46286649
Uh. Yes. Yes it is.
Read the wiki
>>
>>46290329
>mireille mathieu pattern helm
Honhonhonhonhonhon

>>46290365
According to the rpg, Sorortitas armor has an integrated targeter, that is absent of the Astartes version. The marines have other bonuses from their auto-senses that more than make up for this, and have access to stuff like signum or astartes targeter that provide similar or superior benefits.
But strictly RAW, that's a single area where the vanilla Sister's armour has something unique compared to others non-modified power armours.
>>
>>46291041
>>46290407
>>46290365
>>46290329
Don't Sabbat Helms get extra rules that Marine Helmets don't get in the RPGs?
>>
>>46274839
Does bitches bout to get sploded
>>
>>46291041
>and limite psycho-ocular buffering, allowing the sister to fight on where a less well-equipped warrior would be rendered insensible by adverse battlefield conditions
basically it buffers/blurs out extreme imagery.

Which is handy considering their primary occupation is burning rioters to death.
>>
>>46291073
I did and can not find it mentioned anywhere how the Sisters actually interface with their armour.
So please point me to the exact point I'm overlooking here or better yet, Ctrl+C Ctrl+V it straight here.
>>
>>46291215

So, basically the sisters are actually viewing their heavy flamers shoot out rainbows and the receiving party gets turned into fairies?
>>
>>46291560
no, because fire plays an important role in imperial religion

it likely just censors the corpses so the psychological damage of burning potentially unrelated people is lessened
>>
File: Maellusinquisitor.jpg (558 KB, 1093x1012) Image search: [Google]
Maellusinquisitor.jpg
558 KB, 1093x1012
>>46289937
Sister pattern may not be mass produced, but not all of them are artisan level pieces either. If you have enough personal power a normal person can get a custom made or powerfully ancient piece of power armor that's of significantly higher quality. A high powered Inquisitor or insanely loaded Rogue Trader might have a suit that makes him a tiny battlefield God.
>>
How does that work if helmets are reserved for the higher ranking Sisters?
>>
>>46291716
>if helmets are reserved for the higher ranking Sisters?
well, they aren't

that's why basic battle sisters get helmets
>>
>>46291710
If you really think about it, almost all power armor is mass-produced. It's just that in 40k terms, mass produced can mean 'a couple thousand artisans worked on it for a decade.' When factories are half-manpower, and a huge number of planets are factories, that's not so strange an idea.
>>
>>46291616
Wouldn't the sisters actually be happy to see the heretics burn ? After all they're religious zealots, and most of them don't even wear any helmet.

>>46291710
Sorry if that's a stupid question, but I'm not a native english speaker :
>not all of them are artisan level pieces
Does that imply that artisan makes for shitty stuff ?
Wouldn't a master making a custom set of power armour be considered an artisan too ? Isn't "artisanal" simply the opposite of "mass-produced" in english ?
>>
What's the purpose of a Black Carapace, anyway? You can option out an Inquisitor with power armor or terminator armor and they don't take any penalties for being unenhanced.
>>
>>46292314
the ones that don't wear helmets are usually the veterans/leaders who would have their nerves hardened to that kind of shit, or the actually insane ones carrying eviscerators in penance

No matter how devoted and trained, sisters of battle are still just humans. And humans don't normally react well to horrible warfare. The ecclesiarchy obviously did not want their expensive soldiers to get shell-shocked, so took on the extra expense to make give them some protection.
>>
>>46292344
Mostly the ability to properly interface with all the Power Armour's subsystems as well as gain an enhanced spacial sense of the armour itself, which is useful considering how far it extends beyond the Marine's natural senses of balance. Also, I'd recommend not using crunch for fluff purposes, especially with minor things like this.
>>
>>46291560
Do you believe in the Emperor's will in a young Sortia's heart?
>>
>>46291616
I think it's for things like flashbangs or warp shittery.
>>
>>46292450
It doesn't really add up to me.
The rpg implies otherwise (sisters begin without helmet and may be issued one at rank 4), the minis have a huge number of sisters without helmets, the sisters superiors often wear one, (with a fleur-de-lys on it to denote rank), and most early art depicted them without helmets (or without googles).
I'm not a hardcore fan of Grimdark 40k, but sisters are probably one of the most fanatical factions.
And I've seen enough people parade with severed heads or give someone a burning tire collar to doubt the fact that humans can't be desensitized.

It probably acts like current scope FCS that highlight human silhouettes and recognizable patterns.
>>
>>46293191
>The rpg implies otherwise
the RPG is being silly. The actual fluff (>>46291041) has the basic sisters use unadorned helmets, with veterans getting the fleur decoration
>>
>>46293191
Man, I would really get into collecting SoB if not for the fact they all look like post-op trannies with the helmet off.
>>
>>46273857
I think in the RPGs, Sister power armour would be light PA, which is has slightly less armour than the heavy PA that marines use (armour rating 7 instead of 8, with the heavy PA's chest armour being even thicker), but doesn't completely fuck over your ability to move (Heavy PA imposes -20 penalty to agility test and reduces movement speed if you don't have the Black Carapace, while light PA only gives a -10 agi test penalty).
>>
>>46293283
To be fair, rank 4 is Sister Militant in the rpg. Before that they are Noviciate.
It makes sense, like a firefighter or a soldier being given his helmet when he graduates.
>>
>>46292314
I was using artisan to imply higher quality and personal attention than standard armors
>>
You are all overthinking this helmets thing way too much.
>>
File: IMG_3461[1].jpg (201 KB, 1155x675) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3461[1].jpg
201 KB, 1155x675
Have you guys ever seen/made sisters in a with a nice non-standard paint scheme? I've rarely seen anything exept the regular black/white/red/silver/golden of the orders majoris, it's a bit sad.

Btw, if there is artists lurking, please enlighten me:
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/sisterp.php
My own attempts were pretty shitty
>>
>>46273857
Sister Armor is NOT of the same quality as Astartes Power Armor. It's slightly worse in the RPG stats, and in the novels they get shot to shit on a regular basis from shit space marines survive all the time. Also by simple virtue of being thin and virtually skin-tight, sisters power armor won't take kinetic energy well at all and it's entirely possible for Sisters to be reduced to chunky salsa without their armor being penetrated at all.
>>
>>46274656
>Not compared to the liability of getting hit with a fully-automatic, super-accurate 40mm grenade launcher in the first place. You'll survive a random glancing blow, but more than one or two hits and even a Space Marine is a dead man.
Kek. Bolters are vastly more powerful that 40mm grenades and 40mm grenade launchers are useless against any power armor. Bolters are supersonic to hypersonic 19mm autocannons firing rocket propelled rounds that can penetrate light tank armor, and even they have difficulty getting through the thick parts of power armor.

You need plasma as a reliable anti-power armor weapon.
>>
>>46296119
Spacemarines are also faster and tougher. Sisters being cannon fodder does not indicate quality of equipment
>>
>>46296119
>using RPG stats as an argument
>thinking FFG is canon
>thinking power armor is skin tight

It's called power armor for a reason.
>>
>>46296830
FFG is perfectly canon, certainly more than the tabletop stats given their use of a d100 to d6. Plus Sisters armor IS skintight or else they're so thin they shouldn't be able to fight at all with their lack of muscle.
>>
>>46296917
>certainly more than tabletop stats

Tabletop stats aren't arguments either, man. Otherwise marines are weak as shit and we know that's not canon.
>>
>>46296917
>still using rules as fluff arguments
>trying to use physics as a fluff argument
>has never heard of any setting where skinny pretty girls can fight like muscular women

SoB still aren't muscular enough to be an actual fighting force even if the armor IS skintight so that argument is already dead.
>>
>>46290291
Increasing the strength of the wearer is actually slightly more useful from a "These are highly trained warriors who kick ass in or out of their armor" point of view. It carries most of itself and functionally increases their strength, but because it still is actuated by the user's muscle, that can affect things. With the direct neural link, it moves as the user moves (And regular armor without the neural link moves when the user pushes against it, which makes it slightly slower and decreases manual dexterity, which is what has always been stated for non-astartes armor)
If it was purely a small battlesuit, you could just have anemic, limbless weaklings who are genetically designed to mentally pilot suits capable of flipping tanks with one hand, rather than musclebound hunks moving under their own power in equally musclebound armor.
>>
File: BeforeAfter.jpg (174 KB, 1402x1080) Image search: [Google]
BeforeAfter.jpg
174 KB, 1402x1080
>>46285641
>now they're just Space Marines

Enjoy your new PC Not!Marines.
>>
>>46275517
The machine-spirit decides when it needs to activate the jump pack.

But don't tell the sisters that. It's all faith and the emperor's will to them.
>>
>>46296119

The only canon that matters is 40k wargame stats, and in them Sororitas armor is just as good as Marine armor
>>
>>46298569
GW has openly admitted that the wargame stats are not accurate to the fluff, and even had to create alternative Move Marines statlines to make people stop using regular smurf statlines in these silly web arguements.
>>
File: 1403977676342.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1403977676342.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46298918
>>
>>46282443
Can I get source on not having waste-processing (or at least storage)? If today's space suits can do that, you'd think even basic power armor would, too.
>>
>>46301764
idk maybe they don't have to take their armor off to pee, but if they can shit in their armor without problems I'll be impressed.

what that anon was trying to get at is that Sororita armor isn't mean to be lived in, just worn into battle.

After being used I would imagine any power armor, but
especially space marine power armor, would smell really really terrible.
>>
>>46301952
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this isn't fetish related.

Ya, I can imagine the sweat, blood, and everything else would probably cause a wave of stink to remove everyone's eyebrows when a space marine takes his armor off.
>>
>>46302024
I've been told that rinsing in alcohol gets the smell out of costumes and fencing masks pretty well.

I guess for maximum effect, rinse in alcohol, then in oil, then in soapy water
>>
>>46302024
>>46301952
It's not like the shit, etc. is just on the inside of the armor. It'd be in special waste containers. Most of the stink would be blood and sweat/B.O.
>>
>>46302116
>Most of the stink would be blood and sweat/B.O.

Hot sweaty chicks in skintight armor smell amazing! Stop ruining my virginal fantasies!
>>
>>46297100
The physics line up perfectly considering Sisters often get mulched by light bolter fire. Or stiff breezes.

Honestly Sisters get murdered by everything.
>>
>>46290329
>>46290365
>>46290407
>>46291041
Space Marines natural senses are actually superiorto any technological contrivance, short of maybe a direct implant of high quality. This is why you see so many officers with their helmets OFF. Otherwise, they use them for targeting data and to protect their heads from bolter fire (since their skulls can probably stop bullets/lasers as is)
>>
File: sillyness_warning.png (76 KB, 600x277) Image search: [Google]
sillyness_warning.png
76 KB, 600x277
>>46298918
>and even had to create alternative Move Marines statlines to make people stop using regular smurf statlines in these silly web arguements.
The guy who wrote the rules just thought the DoW cinematic was dope.
There was a time when GW and WD were about fun. And doing fun things. Those were good times.
>>
>>46296119
Everytime GW themselves have addressed SoB armour they have said that it offers the same protection as Marine armour, just missing bells and whistles.
The armour has different values in the RPG because they obsessively wank Marine cock and Sisters are forced into such a low powered system that if their armour was the same as Marines they'd become nigh unkillable.
>>
>>46301739
>>46298918

That's not 'Fluff accurate marines'. That's 'Movie Marines'. Unless you think that Commando is an accurate depiction of the Marine Corps too.
>>
>>46296917
Artwork of Sisters is pretty shit at properly displaying armour proportions. Sisterrs do not wear skin-tight armour.
>>
>>46296917
>FFG is perfectly canon
FFG is not canon (they're a third party, yo), and is arguably even worse than BL when it comes to adhering to previously established facts.
>>
>>46297285
>(And regular armor without the neural link moves when the user pushes against it, which makes it slightly slower and decreases manual dexterity, which is what has always been stated for non-astartes armor)
This has never been stated. We do not know how non-BC interface works. It may still be a neural connection.
>>
>>46303259

Welcome to Deathwatch! You can throw a bolt pistol harder than you can shoot it pretty easily!
>>
>>46303259
>FFG is not canon (they're a third party, yo)
Doesn't matter. All warhammer material published is canon, because GW does not have a real policy beyond new fluff being superior to old fluff. And that's in regard to shit like names or dates.
>>
>>46275517
You raise one knee and it makes you ascend to the sky, when your pose returns to normal it turns off. You twist your torso to aim it.
>>
>>46303328

It's not put out by GW.
>>
>>46303328

You can always tell who the stupidest people are by the ones who say "everything is canon" in 40k. It's pretty obvious shit like RT isn't canon.
>>
>>46303328
According to ADB, the GW policy is that only BL, FW, and BL are empowered to create new IP/canon.

This means whatever FFG comes up with is not canon unless it's introduced into any of the main three.
>>
>>46303479
But ADB is a freelancer author, he isn't a permanent employee, and he certainly isn't part of the editing staff.
>>
>>46274422
All this talk about deflection, I have to wonder and ask how much energy dissipation happens with the deflected attack and then into what probably is another angled impact?
>>
>>46303259
Dude, almost every designer behind the FFG games is a GW employee. Andy Hoare, Owen Barnes, Ross Watson,...

>>46298569
>>46303211
The introduction blurb of the movie marines list in GW recognized the discrepancy between fluff and crunch, because having a single marine mow rows of cultists like they do in the fluff wouldn't be balanced. Then they decided to crank that up to eleven for that army list.
Game mechanisms are never a perfect representation of the reality of the setting. It's an abstraction made to be playable.

Anyways, what's with all of you people and your wars about what's canon or not ?
It's a work of fiction (and one made by a fuckton of authors over the years to boot). There will always be discrepancies and space for interpretation.
Take all the possible answers and find one that fits you. Saying "that's stupid" or "that doesn't fit my view of the setting" is alright, but "that's not a canon source" ? Never seen a discussion advance with that.

It's a diegesis ; you don't have a true or complete view of the world, and have to fill the blanks and cut the bits that don't fit together.
Plus intent of the author, plus cultural interpretation, plus viewpoint of the story (the army is a badass in its own codex and curbstomp everything? I wonder why...), plus limitations of the medium, and so on...

If I were to push a bit too far, I'd say that it's only ink on paper, and all the story only exist in your head. Not two persons will absorb exactly the same thing, even if they read the same text.

>>46303296
My favorite wtf bit from the rpgs is the atomic promethium barrels. Damage scaling is off the charts, and after a dozen litres it's ridiculously OP.
>>
>>46303530
He is quoting the IP manager though.
>>
>>46296119
To be fair, under the armor they're much more fragile than a marine. Anything that could pierce their armor would likely kill a Sororitas while only mildly inconveniencing a marine because they're just that fucking strong, even without the armor.
>>
>>46305256
But that doesn't matter as it's hearsay. What matters is the IP manager himself stating it, or at least an editor. Writers say all kinds of shit, and it doesn't help that ADB often operates on ADB verse much like the Dabnettverse.
>>
>>46275021

The fact that Lexicanum actually bothers to include sources for their information is why I prefer them.

>>46289534

I'd be tempted to say it's not so much that SM power armor is bulky as SM are just that big.

>>46305248

>Anyways, what's with all of you people and your wars about what's canon or not ?

Because when talking about things it's good to have a common frame of reference and GW has never really provided one. Probably because they think if they do they'll hurt someone's feelings and people will for some reason stop ignoring shit and stop being creative.
>>
>>46303148
>Sisters are forced into such a low powered system that if their armour was the same as Marines they'd become nigh unkillable.
But... the armor is almost the same, being only a single digit off... wait, this is bait, nevermind.
>>
>>46285581
>This is pretty basic stuff.
Ricochets are most commonly the result of a deflection off a flat, hard surface. Not exactly a common definition for boob plates, unless you build them little metal boxes. Which would be weird.

The angles at play are also up to circumstances involved. The bullet is likely just to flatten itself out on the surface if it doesn't just punch through anyway, but could deflect in a number of different directions, again depending on the angle the bullet was traveling, it's construction, and both the surface hardness and curvature at point of impact. If it hits, bounces off, and goes straight for the heart, still with enough force left to rip through armor and into vital tissue, that's like winning the goddamn lottery. Nice (to the attacker) if it happens but so remote a likelihood you wouldn't rely on it.

And it cannot be said enough - there IS no place on the chest you want to be shot. Except, ironically, the boob if you hope that the fatty tissue there can help slow the projectile before it reaches vital organs.
>>
>>46274130
Fuck off
>>
File: 1425674309743.jpg (292 KB, 900x1273) Image search: [Google]
1425674309743.jpg
292 KB, 900x1273
Interesting thread.

So its reasonable to conclude with:

>Sister armor is weaker than marine armor.

>Nobody really knows how good it is.

>Is the same/of the same quality as the power armor inquisitors and rogue traders can get.
>>
>>46274422
Fuckyes cameltoe codpiece.
>>
>>46314526
Now now, anon, if a chainsword were to hit it at just the right angle it would direct the sword exactly to the point where it gets stuck and the chain blades keep nicking the "valley floor" causing all manner of vibrations through the metal armor that...uh...

I'll be in my bunk.
>>
File: wife material.jpg (99 KB, 625x451) Image search: [Google]
wife material.jpg
99 KB, 625x451
>>46315305
>>
>>46298918

The fluff exists to serve as the backdrop to the wargame.

Wargame stats = canon.

Fluff = nothing. That's why they call it fluff.
>>
>>46312816

Marine Armor = 3+ armor save

Sororitas Armor = 3+ armor save

They are identical
>>
>>46317704
I can't figure out if this is hot or destined to end in (possibly accidental) snuff
>>
>>46274765
>The human race has become so accustomed to shit tracing over poser art, that people have no idea what it means when artists from the forgotten times had different styles of drawing.
>>
>>46320562
>>46312816
Sister power armor: Armor Protection 7(Dark Heresy, Blood of Martyrs)
Astartes power armor: Armor Protection 8(Deathwatch Core Rulebook)

Marine Power armor is slightly better than Sister armor, probably due to the plating being thicker(noticeably so in the armor and models)

However, this difference is too slight to model in 40k's tabletop wargame rules, so they both get a 3+ save.
>>
>>46289884
>Being this above it all.
A winner is you, sir.
>>
>>46322879

I'm not even going to mention you're a retard for trying to use FFG as a canon argument. I'm just going to point out that you think FFG is more canon than actual GW canon.
>>
>>46323038
FFG trying is more canon than GW not trying.
>>
>>46320499
No, the wargame is just to give you something to do with your dudes after you're done painting and reading fluff about them.
>>
>>46312816
The armor itself is about as good as that of Space Marines. However, they can't interface with it, so they can't use it as well - they can't go bouncing a rocket off of their pauldron like a Dark Angel did in one novel.

Any reliance on rulesets has to be taken with a hefty dosage of salt, because game balance has to be seriously considered when those rules are made. I mean, Space Marine levels of armor and toughness means that some of the weakest weapons can't even do damage in FFG, and on the tabletop they're really only about middle of the line instead of the demigods of the lore.
>>
>>46273640

I really like that pic. Just saying.
>>
>>46320562
>40k Epic
>Terminator Armor : 4+ save
>Regular Marine Armor : 4+ save
Therefore Terminator armor offers the same protection as a Mk.VI. It's in the rules, it's canon !

Is it so hard to understand that games are about simplification and abstraction ? And it's particularly true for the ones that rely on a single six-sided die as their main resolution mechanic.

Or are you gonna tell me that every imperial guardsman has the exact same level of fitness, that not a single squad member is a tiny big tougher or stronger that the rest of his pairs, that a voystroyan and a tallarn both have the same resilience to cold, because they is only one statline for them ? Do you do the same with historical wargames too, and consider that 8mm lebel and 6,5mm arisaka have identical ballistic profiles because there is only one generic entry labelled "rifle" in the rules ?
>>
>>46326470
But then which one do we favor? Is Sister armor being overstated to make them hardier, or is the Marine armor?
>>
>>46326470
what this guy said.

>Marine Armor = 3+ armor save
>Sororitas Armor = 3+ armor save
>They are identical

Tactical Marines have W1. Eldar Guardians have W1.
This just in. "Superhuman" astartes are just as fragile as pansy eldar.
>>
>>46327666
By all accounts Sororitas armour should be quite a bit less resistant than Astartes armour, the latter possessing a greater deal more materials. It's been outright confirmed that Sororitas armour is far lighter than Legion-patterns, if they were of the same durability then we're saying Sister armour is outright better by a long shot in terms of material science.

Even the FFG 7/8 distinction is silly due to the sheer amount of extra plating found within Astartes armour over Human Power Armour.
>>
>>46328316
>Even the FFG 7/8 distinction is silly due to the sheer amount of extra plating found within Astartes armour over Human Power Armour.

yes. even if all imperial power armor has the same design, Astartes armor has layers upon layers of ablative armor over it.
>>
Facts from the Witch unter 4th Ed. codex :
>based upon the Astartes-pattern systems
>provides the same degree of armored protection
>lacks advanced life-support systems and strength enhancers
>still allows for handling of heavy weaponry
>same power backpack as SM (never runs out of juice)

Possible issues :
>It looks REALLY lighter and more fragile than SM armor on the minis and in every piece of art (however, it can partially be explained by the lack of support systems that must free some space, and the fact that the corset and boobplate are probably purely ornemental and worn over ceramite plates).Could be due to rule of fetish, erm, rule of cool and sex differenciation giving us overly feminine armour, too.
>The Ecclessiarchy and the Mechanicus aren't BFF, so I can hardly see the magos giving them the best armour of the Imperium, even if showered with gold.
>The armour worn by Inquisitors is stated to be inferior to the Marine's, and I hardly see an Inquisitor letting his henchmen have better gear than him. (though it depends on the particular inquisitor, since some of them have only carapace while others wear terminator armour).

I'm a die-hard SoB fan, but them being equal to SM doesn't really fit with me. They are supposed to be mainly bodyguards and witch-hunters, not superhuman elite strike force like the Space Marines. Sisters are zealous, extremely well-trained, and given the best gear that money can afford, but Astartes are supposed to be stuff of legend.

The stats of the RPG sound right to me. It's excellent power armour, but just one bit below the stuff worn by Marines. Makes the Sororitas more human IMO.

>>46291041
A psy-occulum is a device that allows you to see warp-tainted things and psychic phenomenons. I admit the two names are very similar, and it would make sense for the sisters to have it.
>>
>>46330127
And it's not a bad thing for them to have worse armor than Astartes. It's still overall better than Stormtroopers, and they're elite troops that are almost on par with Space Marines in their levels of training and coordination. When you're taking second place to a bunch of overpowered superhumans, that's not too bad.
>>
>>46330127
You said it right here
>provides the same degree of armored protection
By GWs official word, it's the same protection.
>>
>>46328316
I'm pretty sure that particular post was in jest, but there is some potential debate possible in how other, less dramatically different armies compare in the game stats.
>>
>>46330127
>I'm a die-hard SoB fan, but them being equal to SM doesn't really fit with me.
There are obvious benefits to spongebathing the Emperor on his throne and degunking the weird psychic residues from his feeding tubes.
>>
>>46331245
By GW's "official," literal wording, a single Tactical Marine is a more competent warrior than literally anything in the galaxy.

By GW's official wording, each of the Chaos Gods has a physical avatar in a realm with no matter and very little spacial or temporal reality.

People who take everything GW say without thinking about it will quickly realize that 40k isn't just inconsistent, it's a complete mess in which literally nothing but narrative matters for anything.
>>
>>46332566
>By GW's official wording, each of the Chaos Gods has a physical avatar in a realm with no matter and very little spacial or temporal reality.
They're CHAOS Gods, do you really expect them to make sense even within their own nonsensical realms?
>>
>>46332764
Chaos is the name given to them, they each represent aspects of order on the most fundamental level, definitely follow some abstract laws that we've seen thus far and the Warp is scrutable as a science. They seem chaotic due to the sheer scale of the system, but they're still a system.
>>
>>46332808
While they maintain certain aspects that you could consider their "office" they were birthed by the influence of the material plane on the Warp, which however you try to parse is is still chaotic as shit. Whatever "rules" they obey is based on what influence they have manifested from. Until that influence the Warp used to be a pretty nice place, relatively speaking. Benign at least.

This has nothing to do with scale. Beyond all the other characteristics from the material plane that has been forced on them physicality shouldn't be a surprise. They're like tumors within the warp, but still just another symptom of all the shit the material universe has infected them with.
>>
>>46284774
>All you have to do
You better alsoo whisper a prayer to the machine spirit AND the God-Emperor
>>
>>46284774
Apparently, they also have boosters that allow you to control your fall(it would be bad to be picked up by the wind, after all).
>>
>>46333391
I don't know, it would be perfectly in keeping with the Imperium for a bunch of Guard to jump, make it about halfway, then suddenly 25-60% of them are sucked into the intake jets of a passing Stormtalon. The survivors land, no time to mourn their fellows, the Emperor preserve their souls, their tasty delicious souls, when suddenly Marine dropships slam into them.
>>
>>46333749
A ww2 Desantiki themed drop regiment would be very cool, now that you mention it.
Need a division on the ground ? Just sent two of them with made in china grav-belts, 50% attrition rate without counting the broken legs (they can still shoot after all), and voila. Cheap and efficient.
Bonus points if they use feral warriors. Just drop tons of them on top of the enemy and wait for the smoke to clear.
>>
>>46290101
Thank you for the quality post, Anon!
I really do appreciate it.
>>
Some sets of Sororitas armour are better than standard Astartes armour. The Armour of St Katherine, for example, is as strong as artificer armour (2+). Dunno if it's because it's master-crafted, or because it's infused with pure FAITH®, though.

>>46334876
Even better, take Ogryns. Better survival rate on arrival due to abhuman sturdiness, and massive damage to the enemy that they drop on.
>>
>>46296186
>penetrate light tank armor
>S4
>Can only glance AV10 on a 6
>>
>>46328316
>>46328954
Which is why Marine power armor is AV10 on the torso rather than AV8 for for human equivalents.
>>
>>46337335
But they absolutely hate cramped spaces. You'd never fit them in the Valkyrie.
>>
>>46339600
You misunderstand. They're not going in the Valkyrie. They're going ON the Valkyrie.
Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.