[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boruto Quest 43
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 6
This is Boruto Quest, a quest set in the universe of Naruto. It is during the generation of Naruto's son, shortly after everyone has graduated from their Genin exam. I haven't kept up with the series beyond the end of the original one, so this one is intended to recapture the feel of that time of Naruto. I will not be incorporating the main show or the Boruto movie's plot into the quest, although some recognizable characters will be present. You play as a 12 year old Chunin graduate named Takeshi. You have been assigned a Jounin squad leader named Hanto, and your two squadmates are Kichiro, a young delinquent, and Ai, a strange social outcast of a girl. You are of average skill in most aspects, although your sharp intelligence, and your jack of trades skill set have brought you far. You have just recently graduated to a Chunin after winning the final tournament. You've been regularly completing missions as a Chunin, and making progress in training. Life is well ordered, but how long can the walls of the village hold against ever approaching storms?

http://pastebin.com/Qsm6XN98
>>
>>46313964
Icy cold water is splashed onto your face, and your lungs are filled with pain and cold air all at once. You gasp and sputter for a few moments, confused, before sitting up and looking around. It's night time, and Sarada is standing in front of you. You're outside of the bunker, laying on the grass. They apparently moved you here, after you were knocked out.

You stand up, a tad wobbly. You hold your head and groan. "What happened?"

Sarada crosses her arms. "We got our butts kicked. By a psychopath."

"What about the people who'd been kidnapped?"

Mitsuki steps through the tree line. "I've just checked on them. They've been drugged at some point, although they're beginning to come out of it. They should be ready for travel soon."

Behind you, Boruto's voice calls out. "Great, we can finally get out of here."

You turn around, and see that he's taking a whiz on a rock. Several feet to the right is a bound and gagged Asuka, who's looking at all of you with two burning pinpoints for eyes.

You rub your eyes, and sigh.

>A. Let's get ready to depart.
>B. Let's ask the civilians if they know anything about what was happening
>C. I'm going to interrogate Asuka
>D. Write-in
>>
>>46313978
>>C. I'm going to interrogate Asuka
Hey Minmin!
>>
>>46313978
>D. Write-in
Gracious in victory and humble in defeat. Let the team know we screwed up, and we'll be taking the blame for it once we get back to the village
>>
>>46313978
>D. You guys talk to the civilians, Also this is my fault guys, I'm sorry.
>>
>>46313978

So much for our seal waking us up.
>>
>>46313978
>A. Let's get ready to depart.
>B. Let's ask the civilians if they know anything about what was happening
>>
>>46313978

>C.
>D. How are you guys holding up?
>>
>>46313978
>D.

check if your fly is down
>>
>>46314088
>>46314134

I agree about letting our teammates know about our feelings, but I don't think we should do it in front of the prisoners. This might be something that can wait. Unless they call us out on it.
>>
>>46314530
You're right, we can wait on that until we're alone. If they try to start shit tell them we were gonna wait until we were alone but admit it was our fault
>>
Your head aches. You stretch your body before turning towards the cultist from the cloud, and looking over your shoulder. "You guys should ask the civilians if they know anything about what's happened here. I'm sorry that we got put in a bad spot like that, if I would have done something different.."

Sarada chuckles. "Takeshi, please. Just because you're our leader, doesn't mean you're a better shinobi than us! If the four of us as a group couldn't do anything, then what bit of wisdom would you have thought up to save us all?"

Mitsuki smiles. "Although I wouldn't say it in such a harsh fashion, I have to agree. I don't believe any of us were anticipating resistance like that."

Boruto also steps over. "That guy..He was some sort of freak. Kind of reminds me a bit of you, actually, Takeshi!"

You nod. "It was strange. He's the first person I fought who was able to perfectly counter all of my jutsu."

Looking up at Asuka, she continues to glare resentfully. You begin to step over to her, rolling up your sleeves. "I'll be done soon."

You preform the handsigns for your jutsu, and lay your palm flat on her head. Your perceptions begin to warp as your chakra infiltrates her mind, and you ride the network deep into her memories. At first, there's resistance. She forces you to push against her mind with a wave of chakra, pounding at her mental walls. The interrorgation jutsu is not generally used for harm, but if one of weak will attempts to resit it, there can be painful results.

The wall cracks, and soon your torrent bursts through and shatters the barrier. You hear Asuka groan in the distance, the sound of her dull pain.

Free from interference, you start to search her memories.

>A. Go to her memories about Shozuku, the pale boy
>B. Go to her memories about her induction into the Jashin Cult
>C. Go to her memories of the Chunin Exams
>D. Search for something else
>>
>>46314625
A.
B.
C.
>>
>>46314625
>>A. Go to her memories about Shozuku, the pale boy
>>
>>46314625
>B
>D - Seek out some of her personal jutsu's learn the techniques.
>>
>>46314645
takes both chakra and time to search. If you wanna spend all of it you can, but expect to be drained completely.
>>
>>46314625
>>C. Go to her memories of the Chunin Exams

Im new here, but i'd like to know what she wanted.
>>
>>46314674
Can we steal her techniques?
>>46314672
>>
>>46314625
>>B. Go to her memories about her induction into the Jashin Cult
>>C. Go to her memories of the Chunin Exams
We can't let our grudge blind us.
>>
>>46314625

These might contain some information on the boy, and we need as much info on the cult itself rather than just one psychopath.
>>
>>46314625

>A. Go to her memories about Shozuku, the pale boy
>>46314708
>D Technique search ahoooooy
>>
>>46314625
first then
>C
>A
>D in that order
>>
>>46314708
>>46314733
>>46314672

you could see what jutsu she knows but you wouldn't be able to learn anything from it.
>>
>>46314625
Go full roto rooter on her mind

don't stop until you hit the memory of the pain of the doctor slapping her ass
>>
>>46314767
Oh well then screw that
>>
>>46314769
you can't

>>46314674

the limits of this technique are very clearly defined guys. It can't do anything but what it says.

You can pick several options but it's gonna take a lot of chakra and time.
>>
>>46314625
Newbie here sorry. But;

Wouldnt our chakra mind search be more effective if we placed our head to their head? Rather than having to have the chakra journey up our hand to our head. Simple science really, why increase the distance between minds? This could lead us to develop more advanced mind probes such as a 'deep probe' from head to head, and a long range probe using some sort of chakra conducting material such as a mist of water (im assuming our charkra type is water).
You could roleplay this suggestion just as us getting better at it.
>>
>>46314873
Well, they use their handsigns to mold the chakra so I assume it needs to go to the hands anyways I guess.

It's not very important either way. It's only got it's one function.

It'd be much too difficult to maintain a connection through mist, you'll need direct contact.
>>
>>46314873
Chakra flows easiest from the hands. If wanted to use it from our head we'd be using more energy
>>
>>46314873
If we were a Hyuuga we could, but we can only use chakra through hands and feet. Also, here's your customary "lurk moar".
>>
Seems most people want to go for two options. I'll do a re vote to narrow it down.

>A. (A and B)

>B. (A, B, and C)
>>
>>46314966
>A. (A and B)
Let's not become helpless, we have time later.
>>
>>46314934
>It'd be much too difficult to maintain a connection through mist, you'll need direct contact.

Perhapse if we cleared our mind of all thought using meditation we could get some very weak signals of thoughts. But it would require meditation. And what would be the use? Well atleast we'd know what jutsu the enemy was planning to use. But we'd be vulnerable during that time so its a bit of a traid off.
>>
>>46314966
>A. (A and B)

the mission brah
>>
>>46314988
It's really not feasible, would cost too much chakra to extend a mental connection, keep it there sustained through water, and to even connect with the technique.

That type of stuff is really the Yamanaka's territory. They specialize in a whole branch of jutsu that affect the mind.
>>
>>46314966
>A. (A and B)
>>
>>46314966
>>A. (A and B)
>>
>>46314966
A
>>
>>46314966
>>A. (A and B)
>>
>>46314966
>A. (A and B)
>>
Deciding to start with the most prominent figure of this little cult meeting, you search her memories of the pale boy named Shozuku. At once, you're given the image of her kneeling before a throne made of what appears to be human bones. On it, sits the boy. He's dressed in black rags, gaunt and seemingly malnourished at whatever time this is.

Shozuku stands up from his seat, and Asuka rises. She unsheathes her katana and grips it tightly, her knuckles going white. "You..just stay back, you hear me?"

The pale boy grins, his teeth a slightly off shade of white. His hair is also slightly greasy, and you get the impression he's been in whatever dank cave this is for days. When you had fought him, he seemed to be freshly dressed.

At the current moment, he looks rather insane. Reaching behind him, he yanks a kunai from his back and grips it equally as tight. "Asuka, it's only because of me that even have anywhere to go.."

She grits her teeth. "Tch..as if you'd let me leave this hellhole, by now. I've been tricked..you're just gonna use me as another one of your sacrifices, right?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyRK2GI_T7I

He grins. Flipping the blade in his hand, he points it at his own neck as he talks. "On the contrary! I know what you did to your father, why your village fears you. The reason you came here..."

She holds her sword high above her head, and shuts her eyes tightly. "Shut up!!"

Bringing the blade down, a shockwave fires forward and blasts the bone throne apart. Shozuku has vanished from where he was standing only a moment ago.

Asuku looks over her shoulder, and feels the tip of a kunai stick into her neck ever so slightly. She spins around at once, and slashes diagonally upward.
>>
>>46315545

The pale boy blocks the first strike, and rushes forward. The exchange of attacks is lightning fast, but it's clear that Shozuku is simply deflecting her blows and conserving strength while she tires herself out.

Asuka slides back, and holds her sword straight up. She swings it down towards the ground, and points it there. "Cloud Style Kenjutsu: Half Moon Cut!"

She flips the blade in her hand and draws it back, and at once she splits into three after images.

They all charge down Shozuku. Calmly, he tosses the kunai in his hand up and flies through handsigns. "Water Wall!"

A liquid barrier spins around him suddenly, and the real Asuka on the left is blocked completely as the two illusions dissipate.

Her sword bounces off of the rapid water, and just as it dissipates a kunai flies through the misty curtain.

She takes a step back, forced to do what she can to avoid it. At once, a hand reaches out of the mist, and along with it a hollow set of eyes. Shozuku's grin is imp like, and he grasps onto her shirt with his left hand and pulls her towards him.

His right fist was fully pulled back behind the mist, and he brings it forward with full strength to slam it into the corner of her eye and send her crashing into the ground. Her head rebounds, and he picks the sword up as the memory of the encounter begins to fade.

"So, he was asserting dominance..Or testing her. Both?" you think to yourself.

Next, you travel to her memory of her induction into the Jashin Cult.
>>
>>46315561

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrX-QmcyhIA

This time, she's in a broken down apartment with several cultists in front of her. They seem to simply be exchanging questions.

The blonde cultist looks at a file. "It says here that your father and mother were both Jashinists, and your mother died when she was young. Your dad attempted to sacrifice you, stabbing you in the stomach with the family sword.."

Asuka is seated, looking down at her folded hands. You get the impression that she is only here as a last resort, deeply troubled.

The cultist looks up from the file, grinning. "But you were ready. You brought a kunai home from the academy, that you would usually practice with. You stabbed him in the brain, just as he attacked you. Normally, you would have dropped dead. But.."

A tear streams down Asuka's face. The other cultist grins. "Lord Jashin was pleased. He has gifted you with immortality."

She nods. "His presence..He speaks to me! It won't end!"

The cultist holds his hand forward in a gesture. "You see, the only way is to follow your calling and placate our Lord. Don't you see?"

She simply holds her head down, crying. You wonder if she was simply attempting to infiltrate them to kill their leader, or if she truly wanted to quit some voice.

You're sucked back into reality, exhausted. Time has passed, and it seems everyone is about ready to go.

Cont.
>>
Mitsuki hands you a cup of tea. There's a small fire built near by, and Sarada has given some food to everyone after catching some fish. You imagine the Sharingan makes it rather easy, now that you think about it. Boruto is chowing down, and your own stomach growls fiercly. The snakelike boy grins. "Did you learn anything?"

You nod. "A bit. I know that they seem to be taking advantage of shinobi who have a bad reputation, or get into trouble. The Hokage probably already knows that, though. I get the feeling that Asuka wasn't really in the loop too much. We'll have to hunt down that Shozuku.."

"Mhmm, I see." He says. "Well, hurry up and grab a bite. We're leaving very soon."

Boruto steps over. "Hey, we managed to find out that all these people got kidnapped from the surrounding countryside. Remote areas! We're gonna have to tell Da- Lord Hokage, so we can put up sentries!"

Sarada, nearby, frowns. "Are there enough powerful shinobi to do so..?"

There are many questions on your mind. You have a little time before the mission ends.

>A. Talk to Boruto
>B. Talk to Sarada
>C. Talk to Mitsuki
>D. Talk to them as a group
>E. Write-in
>F. Leave
>>
>>46315700
>D. Talk to them as a group
What exactly did I miss while I was out?
>>
>>46315700
>>46315741
this
>>
>>46315741
Yep, I like this.
>>
>>46315700
Guess we don't really have much to talk about besides >>46315741
>>
>>46315700
>>D. Talk to them as a group

I bulked read this quest, this was interesting.
>>
"Well, what did I miss while I was out? Did anything important happen?"

Sarada shakes her head. "Shozuku got away. I knocked out Asuka around the time you got taken out, and then we took you both outside. Boruto splashed some water on you, and here we are an hour or so later. We've just been resting and talking while we waited for you to interrogate her."

You nod. "I see. No leads at all on him then?"

Boruto butts in. "Couldn't find anything. Maybe if we had my sister's team here, they could track him. We should hurry back!"

Mitsuki nods. "Sounds like a good idea."

Ready to go?

>A. Yes
>B. No
>>
>>46315997
>A. Yes
>>
>>46315997
>>A. Yes
>>
>>46315997
>>A. Yes
>>
>>46315997
>>A. Yes
>>
>>46315997
>A. Yes
>>
>>46315997
>B. No
>>
You take the large group back to the village, and all of the civilians are taken to the hospital to recuperate for a time. The four of your squad take your separate ways, although you decide to head directly for the Hokage's Office. You have to report the results of your mission, after all. You gulp, your throat a bit dry. You can't help but feel a tad nervous, considering this is the first real failure you've had so far on any of your missions. There's a bit of damage to your pride to consider, as well.

It's not long before you open the door, and see Naruto seated. He's dressed casually, and grins. "Good to see you all back safe and sound. I saw how many people you brought back, too! They were all captured? and the four of you rescued them all?"

He's practically beaming, and you grin. "Uh, that's right. It took the whole team to get them out. We still got our butts kicked though, and the leader got away."

Naruto nods. "Right. I saw that you'd brought Asuka, the Genin from the Cloud who participated in the exams. Tell me, Takeshi. What was she doing there? It can't be as bad as it looks, right?"

>A. It's too hard to say. All I know is that she fought against us with deadly force.
>B. I think it's clear she was desperate, and wouldn't have joined them unless she had to. Even so, she was there.
>C. Shozuku, their leader, forced her into joining.
>D. Write-in
>>
>>46316171
>>A. It's too hard to say. All I know is that she fought against us with deadly force.
>>
>>46316171
>>A. It's too hard to say. All I know is that she fought against us with deadly force.
>Inform him of what we got from the interrogation.
>>
>>46316171
>D. She may not have joined the Jashin cult willingly, but she was more than willing to kill us if she could have. That said she was hearing a voice prior to joining so she might have been programmed by a genjutsu. Regardless she is an enemy and a spy and should be treated as such until the truth can be ascertained.
>>
>>46316171
>>
>>46316171
this>>46316228
>>
>>46316171
>B. I think it's clear she was desperate, and wouldn't have joined them unless she had to. Even so, she was there.
I doubt she ever wanted to do any of this
>>
>>46316171
Seconding
>>46316228
>>
>>46316171
>D. I don't know. She *did* fight against us with lethal force, but I'm not sure she joined them willingly.

>>46316228
Actually, this is good. I'll second thi--

...waitaminute.

She *claims* she heard a voice. But if that's true, shouldn't we have heard it too, since we were looking into her memories? I mean, it *could* have been the result of whatever freaky stuff Jashin Cultists use, but it's possible she *wasn't* hearing a voice.

Which means she may have been playing them.

Which means we may have blown her cover.

We should probably let Naruto know that.
>>
>>46316333
You didn't go to her memory of her hearing the voices.

It's possible she just wasn't hearing them at the time of the memories you searched
>>
>>46316355

Ah. Good point.

>>46316228
I'll still support this, but I think we should at least bring up the *possibility* that she may have been trying to infiltrate the cult. She *did* have a grudge, and her encounter with our doppleganger didn't look too pleasant. But we have no way of knowing yet and maybe we're just jumping to conclusions on that.
>>
"She may not have joined the Jashin cult willingly, but she was more than willing to kill us if she could have. In her memories, she said that she was hearing a voice. I think she came to the cultists for help, or she might have been trying to sneak in because of a personal grudge. It's really not entirely clear, sir, but I wouldn't say that her motives are entirely good or evil."

Naruto leans back into his seat, folding his hands on his lap. "I see..Well, thank you for a job well done, Takeshi. Winning the fight isn't always everything, you still saved a lot of people."

You smile. "Well, I had a great team. Thanks, Lord Hokage."

He nods. "You're dismissed. Oh, I'll need you again in a week. You'll be reuniting with Squad Thirteen!"

He dismisses you. It's the middle of the evening, and you're rather tired. You could probably make one stop before going home.

Where do you want to go?
>>
>>46316619
go get some ramen
>>
>>46316619
Ramen shop
>>
>>46316619
Go see Sakura about officially becoming her student eventually
>>
>>46316619
Flower shop?
>>
>>46316619
>Where do you want to go?

Go get something to eat.
>>
>>46316619
Get something to eat.

(Random encounters hooooooooooooooo)
>>
>>46316619
ramen shop
>>
>>46316619

>Ramen shop

Also, Bort said we should get his sister and track down the dude. What happened to that?

...Okay yeah no way we're sending her against an evil us. I wonder if Bort's trying to talk his dad into that, though?
>>
>>46316896
i think that's more him bitching at the situation we were in
>>
>>46316896
Naruto will most likely send Chunin or Jounin level trackers to the area.
>>
With a little bit of extra cash in your pocket, you decide to go to Ichiraku's Ramen. It's been a while, and it's always a treat. As expected the street is packed with people, but you manage to easily slip in and find a seat before any others are occupied. Looking to your right, you can see both Masaki and Chiaki. They both seem to be in the middle of eating, and haven't noticed you quite yet.

You take a few moments to look at the menu, and decide to order the deluxe special. It's a huge bowl of ramen with a sample of everything on the menu, nearly. It's expensive, but you're here to treat yourself!

Once you order, Chiaki notices you. "Heeey! It's him! The kid who won the Chunin exams!"

As usual, you give a half hearted grin, not really knowing how to respond to being easily recognized. She continues. "We underestimated your team in the forest. What you lack in skill, you make up for in, uh.."

Masaki looks over, and smiles. He tilts his red cap up slightly so that you can see his eyes. "Tenacity, I'd say."

This is the first time you can recall him speaking, aside from using jutsu.

>A. Thanks, you guys are impressive yourselves.
>B. I work really hard! Wanna train sometime?
>C. Your whole squad is great at Ninjutsu. How did you learn two elements so young, Masaki?
>D. Thanks, you're both great too. Maybe you could teach me to run a bit faster, huh Chiaki?
>E. Write-in
>>
>>46317145
>>C. Your whole squad is great at Ninjutsu. How did you learn two elements so young, Masaki?
>>
>>46317145
>>A. Thanks, you guys are impressive yourselves.
>>
>>46317145
>>C. Your whole squad is great at Ninjutsu. How did you learn two elements so young, Masaki?
>>
>>46317145
>>B. I work really hard! Wanna train sometime?
>>
>>46317145
>>B. I work really hard! Wanna train sometime?
>>
>>46317145
>>
"Your whole squad is great at Ninjutsu. How did you learn two elements so young, Masaki?"

He shrugs. "Hanabi Sensei knew the Earth and Lightning elements, and she taught me and Rokuro how to use it."

Chiaki leans on the bar, and also shrugs. "My elemental nature is wind, so I couldn't really get the hang of it. But there's probably no other Genin in the village who knows as many Wind Jutsu as I do!"

You recall how she used the wind to both track, move, and attack. It was rather impressive. "So, you and Rokuro probably practiced together then?"

He nods. "That's correct. All of us together have a complete elemental coverage. We use this strategy to great effect, usually."

"But how would you actually go about learning a second element?"

Masaki puts a finger to his chin. "Well, there are probably basic nature manipulation techniques you can practice to try and get the hang of it. Building from there could take time, but it may be worth it. Hanabi sensei was able to teach us personally, so our development was rather accelerated."

"I worked really hard with Shikamaru sensei, too! Let's get together sometime and train."

After your meal and a bit more casual discussion, you say goodbye to your classmates and head home.

You greet your brother and tell him how your mission went, and he tells you to get some rest. You wake up the next day.

You have a week until your next mission, and a decent amount of money to spend.

How do you want to spend Monday?

>A. Go to the stores.
>B. Go to the training fields.
>C. Go to the Academy.
>D. Visit friends.
>E. Write-in
>>
>>46317743
>C. Go to the Academy.
Still hoping for Willow some day.
>>
>>46317743
>D. Visit friends
Shikadai, Sarada, Boruto, See if we can figure out where Ai and our other bro of a teammate live
>>
>>46317743
>>C. Go to the Academy.
>>46317766
Same
>>
>>46317743
>D. Visit friends.
Let's go train medical stuff with Salad
>>
>>46317743
>>B. Go to the training fields.
>>
>>46317743
>>C. Go to the Academy.
Lets be a master of all elements
Be this generations Sarutobi
>>
>>46317836
I like the way you think sir
>>
Nth for cool facial burn-scar
>>
>>46317836
I'd rather get our summons first.

Rats for life
>>
>>46317953
Studying the elemental releases wont effect the summons because we need someone to give us the contract and we dont know who mini has planned for that so im guessing we will run into them
>>
>>46317836
I prefer the element of SURPRISE
>>
Mini is telling me his internet is dying, he'll be back in an hour or two to continue the thread
>>
>>46317836
I want to be Sarutobi.

But less shitty students.

>C. Go to the Academy.
>>
>>46317743
>D. Visit friends.
See if we can find some of our squad to hang out with
>>
>>46317981
I know they won't effect the summons. I just want to get that whole business out of the way before we pick up more elements.

>>46318032
Every fucking time
>>
>>46317743
>>C. Go to the Academy.
>>
>>46317953
>Rats
Owls m8
>>
>>46318037
>he doesn't want a qt blonde tittymonster to be our student
>>
>>46317836
It's Sarutobi? Well, I guess it's more patriotic than saying 'This Generation's Mu'.

Hokage's a better role model than a tsuchikage.
>>
>>46318107
>>46317953
Im honestly not sure what i'd refer
Owls would have a cooler looking sage mode and i imagine more of a focus on genjutsu which is cool
Rats im not sure what, maybe a poison release of sorts? That would be really cool and if so i'd go rats but outside of that i'd be hard pressed to find a plus to them
And just scew tigers
>>
>>46318171
Plus owl feathers look better of clothing than rat skin.
>>
>>46318171
Boil release lets us use poison and acid jutsu. Needs no special summons to learn it, just unlocking it via getting water and fire release first.

Shuzoku had it after all.
>>
>>46318171
Rats fit thematically more than Owl to me, after all, our brother said we looked like a mouse that killed the cat chasing it. Owl is cooler but less appropriate in my opinion.
>>
>>46318200
>Implying we won't use the Tigerskin regardles of summon
And just because we get a summoning contract it doesn't mean they'll let us become a sage, or that we'll even survive the sage training.
>>
>>46318216
Yeah thematically rats make more sense, i just hope we know more about what each one offers before we choose
>>
>>46318171
Here's a comparison I did a thread or two back. Mini said it was a decent way of looking at it.

He's not entirely wrong and Mini did say that Tiger would be strength/speed/stealth.

Seems like Owl is for us to be the support leader guy that would have to work to be good on his own.

Rat is the balance and utility with backup on call

Tiger is the offensive, good on his own but has backup on call.

So Owl is double down on working in a team but not at the front

Rat is the balance and double down on utility/diversity

Tiger is double down on Salad tinfoil for how beast mode well grow in fighting and be capable of doing some heavy lifting on our own in a fight on top of group think strategy.

Tiger just became a viable option if this is correct
>>
>>46318171
honestly I used to be big on Owls, but the way Mini described how the Rats works (every summon is specialized towards a single aspect) makes me like them more.
>>
>>46318257
I doubt rat and owl will differ all that much in what they offer.
>>
>>46318171
Plus owl may give us a visual way of doing genjustu
>>
>>46318290
The differ intensely. Owls follow the traditional summon style and Rats don't. Every Rat is equally powerful except the sage, they all specialize in something.
>>
>>46318303
You know a visual Genjutsu? Willow.

Something tells me Summoning is a ways off.
>>
>>46318324
Hearing about them all being specialised seems to fit with our stick a lot better

Fuck it im team rats then
Sage modes gonna look so damn lame though
>>
>>46318270
>>46318290
>>46318303

From the last thread

They're relatively equal themselves, but they offer you different things

Rats are the team, the squad. They're not individually as strong as the other summons, but as a group, have almost no weakness. PLus they can teach you almost any kind of jutsu.

Owls are pure support ninjutsu, genjutsu, and some offensive ninjutsu

tigers are all offense, power/speed/stealth
>>
As far as Rat summons go there's only one question that matters:
Will we be able to summon a Rat King, and if so, is it made out of giant rats or just thousands upon thousands of normal-sized ones?
I'm fine with it either way.
>>
Has anyone else noticed that we have the tools to make ourselves immune to most poison so that we can get our hands on.
>>
>>46318369
There is no Rat king, the boss is the white mouse sage, a tiny normal looking female mouse.
>>
>>46318369
no Rat king

>>46318367
Owls also have a fair bit of "that's bullshit" jutsu from what mini said.
>>
>>46318360
>Sage modes gonna look so damn lame though

They all look dumb

>>46318400
He said they all do
>>
>>46318360
Who says we can even go sage mode? Not everyone can.

>>46318367
>Rats are the team, the squad. They're not individually as strong as the other summons, but as a group, have almost no weakness. PLus they can teach you almost any kind of jutsu.
>they can teach you almost any kind of jutsu.
Well, that's the nail in the coffin for my reservations on Rats.
>>
>>46318389
who is a puppet master.
Also apparently picking rat "...will net you an extra waifu option"
>>
>>46318389
>>46318400
If there isn't a Rat King yet we shall make one, with a thousand venomous teeth, oozing with filth and pestilence.
>>
>>46318119
Yeah but she has a shit life, and we don't date our students.
>>
>>46318389
>>46318400
Pretty sure he meant this:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_king_(folklore)
>>
>>46318409
>He said they all do

Yes, but owls have more because of their isolation. About 60% of their stuff is bullshit olden times jutsu. The other 40% is obsolete/outdated old jutsu.

>>46318423
No, no becoming Orochimaru.

>>46318441
regardless Mini says there is not one we can summon.
>>
>>46318354
Any genjutsu can be done visually if you have the eyes for it, or were you think I was talking about Itachi level of bullshit.
>>
Also, just to play devil's advocate: Tiger would shore up some fighting deficiency we have. We, as a group, already handle how smart we are. So there's that. Tiger's like all cats can be pretty damn decent ambush predators too, just to say.
>>
>>46318389
And boy am I glad for it, because the Rat King was the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard.
>>
>>46318430
Who said anything about dating?
We can just appreciate the aesthetic value of a big tittied blonde without actually fucking her.
Unless one day the student surpasses the master. Then it's open season on dem tiddays.
>>
>>46318452
>No, no becoming Orochimaru.
Too late for that.
>>
>>46318452
>>46318516
Becoming Sarutobi is better.
>>
>>46318530
>Sarutobi
Which of them?
>>
>>46318542
Sasuke
>>
>>46318542
Well Third Hokage but without the Hokage part.
>>
>>46318605
Don't think we have the raw chakra reserves to fight like him.
>>
>>46318630
He was mostly control if I remember correctly. Excellent chakra control.
>>
>>46318542
Hiruzen, though Asuma's pretty coo-
Holy shit we could totally waifu Mirai.
We should totally waifu mirai.
>>
Argument for tiger summon: were already pretty proficient in taijutsu with the training Shikamaru put us through, with a tiger contact we'd probably be one if the better taijutsu fighters in the village, even rivaling Rock Lee
>>
>>46318683
In his youth he relied on his extremely high chakra reserves but as he grew older and that diminished he used chakra control to make up for that
>>
>>46318710
Nope, not interested.
>>
>>46318684
How old is Mirai?
>>
>>46318684
>implying the Honorable Grandson would allow anyone to date his baby cousin, ever
>>
We should dedicate our self to one thing for right now so we are actually good at something rather then being decent at everything. I say we go learn some more genjustu or learn to do the two we have without hand signs
>>
>>46318710
>with a tiger contact we'd probably be one if the better taijutsu fighters in the village,
Maybe so, but why? That's not at all what we are predisposed to.
>>
>>46318754
A bit younger than our sensei
>>
>>46318710
Our smarts aren't going anywhere, and I'd rather be the strongest and smartest guy in the field than the smartest guy that can't really hold his own and has to rely on others way too much
>>
Can we get some advice from our sensei about our opponents and how to deal with him?
Any jounin will do
>>
Mini ded?
>>
>>46318754
How long was the timeskip between Shippuden (before the epilogue) and the Boruto movie?
Mirai should be that old.
>>
I would like us to actually learn some serious chunin rank genjustsu , all our genjustsu is genin level
>>
>>46318873
Back in 1-1.5 hours

Anyone else thinking of gtfo-ing the leaf village? With how scarce ninja are nowadays according to Naruto, we might be able to set up a private ninja-for-hire type business far away from the main villages
>>
Rats perks
Can teach us anything
Great teamwork makers
Wide array of skills
Best ult summon
Cons
One trick pony summons
Individually weaker and smaller than most summons

Tiger cons
Strong meatwalls
Teach us taijutsu
Strong offense
Decent looking sage
Cons
Not great teamwork
Not great genjutsu
No flight

Owl
Bullshit old Jutsu and lots of it
Fliers
Complement our main skills well
Their sage is more or less us gen/nin user tactician
Cool looking sage mode
Cons
Have obsolete Jutsu
More support than straight attack
Likely out of touch as fuck
>>
>>46318938
We'd get hunted down by ANBU before we hit the gate.
>>
>>46318938
you mean become Big Boss?
>>
>>46318884
Think that makes her 15 years old. Well within our reach.
>>
>>46318938
Why would we? I mean despite being pitted against genius level idiots, we do our job well, get paid well and live in a alright environment.
>>
>>46318956
This. Running isn't an option.
>>
>>46318956
What if we just don't come back from a mission

>>46318965
Nothing so big, just a small business where the demand is probably pretty high. Pretty much the equivalent of a private police force in a town with no police
>>
>>46319001
Just let him dream anon.
>>
>>46318938
so become the atutski then cause thats what they were before world domination plans
>>
>>46319019
Again, why would we?
>>
>>46319019
Maybe if bro dies.
>>
>>46319064
We'd be able to help people that don't have anyone to help them currently. There's probably a whole countryside that the ninja villages don't even pay attention to that we can move to and help protect from the bandits that roam the countryside
>>
>>46319157
That's because no one is paying them, ninja's are the protection agency.
>>
>>46319157
or, in our down time we do the whole roaming the villages thing. With Village backing and it helps spread the good name of Leaf
>>
>>46319247
Ninjas in this setting are somewhere between a Mercenary Military Police Force and a well hidden Secret Service organization.
>>
>>46319342
And sometimes nukes
>>
>>46317953
(I'm having trouble posting, everyone. Captcha service wasn't working, but I'm back now. I've done this update, and I'll continue the thread tomorrow, since I have the day off. I'll resume in this thread around 4 PM. Go ahead and vote now.)

You make your way to the Academy, and begin to search it's library for a number of subjects that you have begun to grow familiar with. On this particular day it is empty, aside from very young Academy students borrowing material for homework. You lay the books on the table and look over them, considering which one to begin with first.

>A. The book of sealing. Learn about the Jutsu Capture technique. Catch an appropriately sized jutsu in a scroll, and seal it. You cannot release it, but it may save your life.
>B. The book of ninjutsu. Roof Tile Jutsu. A minor non elemental Ninjutsu that allows you to levitate nearby, small objects and use them as projectiles.
>C. The book of medical jutsu. Chakra scalpel. Two sessions required. (Two days in this case: you will completely learn it.)
>D. The book of Genjutsu. Kai, Genjutsu Release
>>
>>46319659
>>D. The book of Genjutsu. Kai, Genjutsu Release
>>
>>46319659
>>
>>46319659
>>
>>46319659
>>
>>46319659
>>
>>46319659
no brainer is no brainer
>>
>>46319659
I dont know what genjutsu release is but i want it
>>
>>46319659
>>
>>46319659
>B. The book of ninjutsu. Roof Tile Jutsu. A minor non elemental Ninjutsu that allows you to levitate nearby, small objects and use them as projectiles.
We really need more physically based attacks.
>>
>>46319659
C.

CHAKRA. FUCKING. SCALPEL

Also thanks again for running Mini
>>
>>46319773
if you realize you're in a genjutsu and you use it, it'll break you out of the Genjutsu generally.

The better your chakra control the better you are at this, and the more powerful the Genjutsu you can break out of.
>>
>>46319659
>>A. The book of sealing. Learn about the Jutsu Capture technique. Catch an appropriately sized jutsu in a scroll, and seal it. You cannot release it, but it may save your life.

Awesome, a shield for jutsus
>>
Cool facial burn scar when
>>
>>46319844
Not today
>>
Alright so lets get a game plan of what we want to learn for the foreseeable future I say

Genjutsu
Sound Jutsu
Medical
Sealing
Summoning
>>
>>46320485
Do keep in mind our ninjutsu is pretty good. I'd add

Water
Fire release and jutsu
Boil

If only because of the insane utility of that sort of stuff.
>>
>>46320563
Isn't boil kekkai genkai? Like, we can't learn it?
>>
>>46320641
Nope, not in mini verse, any release can be learned given time and effort, just like sage mode. This has been iterated multiple times across the quest. In theory since we're water natured the next two standard releases we can learn are Fire or wind, which with a teacher would let us try to get Boil or Ice respectively. But yeah no release is a kekkai genkai in mini-verse. Some people get a natural affinity and headstart.

Thus why we have a grass Kunoichi with a wood release untouched by Orochimaru's mad science.(on the metal gear expy team)
>>
>>46320563
Its fine to learn a couple but I feel like were spreading ourselves a bit too thin
>>
>>46320945
We don't have the jutsu for the A-rank and S-rank spam some of the "main" ninjas have, what we lack for in power we make up for in utility. besides Boil+medical makes some VERY nasty things possible.
>>
We should use our water nature and learn Mu's Meijin Meisai ( http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Dustless_Bewildering_Cover ). It's the perfect stealth jutsu, goes well with Takeshi's style and it's only rank B. Also, am i in the minority who thinks we should have a clear focus instead of going the Jack of All Trades route?
>>
>>46321134
The technique it's based off of is A rank, and somehow it seems a bit too good to get without some shit. Then again, stranger things have happened.
>>
>>46321134
The problem with specialization is that unless it's basic specialization like raw overwhelming power(Naruto) Taijutsu in every shape and form(bushy brows) or super overpowered kekkai genkai specialty(you know pretty much all the eye bullshit) you will get hard countered and taken down by someone else. We didn't win by being the best at something, we won the by being decent at everything and knowing when to use what. The reason we lsot to our clone so ahrd was because we wanked to ahrd over "muh plans" just like Shikamaru did against the Akatsuki which nearly got him killed.

As for the technique like>>46321184 said it's good but it's A-rank upgrade and that means it's going to be a while before we have the skill and chakra to use it right.
>>
>>46321338
Yeah, i guess you are right. But i think we should advance mainly on the Genjutsu and Medical Ninjutsu areas instead of going all Sarutobi/Mu and learning all elements. Of the canon characters, i think Kabuto has the closest to a moveset that would be actually good for Takeshi style 'til now.
>>
>>46321528
Like I said the only 3 releases we need are water fire and boil. Boil basically being chemistry 101 the release has stupidly high poison and medical overlap, as well as great set up for the other 2 releases.
>>
>>46321338

Maybe we should see Shikamaru and ask him for his advice on our previous mission. He's been there, right?
>>
>>46321338
The main problem last thread wasn't that we tried to be too clever. The problem was we fought against a superior opponent that didn't have an obvious weakness to exploit.
>>
>>46320485
I'd say put summoning at a higher priority, since whoever we get can help us train.
>>
>>46321593
We tried executing a 5 step plan using at least one jutsu we KNEW the guy could counter. Additionally while he was superior to us, the four of us could have kept him tied up if we kept the pressure on him. We didn't we wanked to our own plan and let him get the advantage of set up time.
That let him divide us, which made it a LOT easier for him to win. I mean hell we beat a Jonin with same amount of genin-chunin before, and he was on the same-ish level. Even if we couldn't have won, we might have forced him to retreat and taken less damage.

>>46321591
Might help. Should probably visit Shikadai anyways for shogi.

>>46321749
Debatable since summoning starts of really slow and eats a LOT of chakra.
>>
>>46321593
No, we DEFINITELY got a case of complexity addiction going on in the last thread.
>>
>>46321820
/tg/ can't help but make complex plans for making toast, much less combat situations.
>>
>>46321784
>a LOT of chakra.
That's dependent on the summon.
>>
>>46321820
>>46321871
The funny thing is that all of our plans have been overly simplistic. The Cliffs were simply a matter of activating the bells earlier. The Needle in the Eye was just because of a split-second decision. We really should talk with Shikas, Maru and Dai.
>>
>>46321960
Even a basic baby summon can eat a fuck ton of chakra when you're starting, much less one with combat skills.

>>46321987
Yeah most of best plans are 1-2 step plans. Which is why the 5 step thing was a dead duck.
>>
>>46322014
>Even a basic baby summon can eat a fuck ton of chakra when you're starting, much less one with combat skills.

We're not fucking Naruto, we're actually competent
>>
>>46322050
So we'll progress faster training being equal. It'll still not give us much in the way of dividends for a while.
>>
>>46321528
Sarutobi/Mu/Kon from Leaf Ninja Quest...any goddamned Rinnegan user.
>>
File: 28d25563f1a74372.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
28d25563f1a74372.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
Any one notice that Takeshi's skillset is Shizune's with more genjutsu?

Takeshi is a young male Shizune.
>>
>>46324467
Except we're not as good medically and we're not an ADC to a Sannin. Also we have better offensive jutsu. I mean I see it, but we're just as close to her as we are to Kabuto. A have not who's still fucking scary.
>>
>>46324467
Shizune was pretty hot. I'm also like 90% sure she was banging Tsunade.
>>
>>46321568
Boil release is fucking great, a shame Shozuku has it but with anon's knowledge of chemistry we could out do him.
>>
>>46324503
I think we are closer to Shizune than Kabuto seeing as Kabuto reanimated the dead and turned into his dragon otherkin.
>>
>>46324548
Reanimation - a high cost high investment jutsu that pays dividends if deployed well. Nigh unstoppable with enough prep time.

Basically an indirect game breaker jutsu like Hashirama's, Naruto's, Madara's shit.

Dragon Otherkin was basically him trying to reach sage mode, and not having the affinity for it.
>>
How's our wounds by the way? I vaguely remember Mini saying last thread that we may be in the hospital for a while, but I don't really know for sure.
>>
>>46324977
Might have changed his mind
>>
>>46324505
...wait...she's not? my life is a lie!
>>
>>46326433
No one knows
>>
File: 1440391822876.png (358 KB, 860x860) Image search: [Google]
1440391822876.png
358 KB, 860x860
>>
>>46330094
Hi Mari stopping by to be smug?
>>
File: Mari.png (477 KB, 1024x575) Image search: [Google]
Mari.png
477 KB, 1024x575
>>46330651
>Hi Mari stopping by to be best?
ftfy
>>
>>46333647
>best
She's pretty good, but there is no best girl yet.
>>
>>46334891
>there is no best girl yet
Blasphemy.
All girls are best girl.
>>
>>46334928
But some are bester than others.
>>
Bump for owls
>>
>>46325332
I did, I opted to give a week of free time instead of a week of hospital time.

I'll be continuing soon.
>>
>>46337130
What you got planned for us mini my man?
>>
>>46337471
You can do what you like with the week. After the next couple of updates we're going to do a schedule.
>>
>>46337685
Mastering the fundamentals has always been critical to you, so you decide to invest your time in learning the Genjutsu Kai technique. You'll be able to free yourself from illusions, the strength of which you can break is dependent on your total skill at chakra control. As it is now, you should be able to free yourself from most Genjutsu. Only particularly powerful techniques will be able to capture you. This is a vital skill that every Chunin and Jounin is expected to know.

Once you're done pouring over the book, you head over to the training fields, finding them empty. You spend the day controlling the flow of your chakra network, becoming adapt at suddenly shifting it. After the extensive amount of exercise, you head home and get into a change of sweat free clothes before the evening sets in. Your chakra pool is fairly drained after such strenuous trials, so you probably won't be training anymore today.

You've got time to visit someone if you like, or maybe go shopping.

>A. Go to the weapon's shop
>B. Go to the flower shop
>C. Go to Someone's house
>D. Write-in
>>
>>46337708
>>B. Go to the flower shop
>>
>>46337708
>>
>>46337708
We require reagents.
>>
>>46337708
>>
>>46337708
>C. Go to Someone's house
Look for our team mates. We should try to hang out with one or both of them sometime.
>>
>>46337708
Hi Mini!! Great to see you again!
>>
>>46337708
Lets just get some pretty flowers to put in our room.
>>
>>46337708
>>B. Go to the flower shop
>Buy pretty flowers for all the girls we know.
>Dedicate a day to passing them out.
>???
>Profit.
>>
>>46337950
It's been a little while since you visited the flower shop, so you decide to check up on the progress of your special orders. It doesn't take long to arrive, and Ino smiles and welcomes you as you enter. "Hello, Takeshi! I've got good news, your orders came in."

You grin. "Awesome. Is there anything else I need to get started for this ritual?"

Ino nods. "Well, I sell all the things you might need here in my shop by coincidence. Just candles, a calm environment, and a pipe."

You blink. "A pipe?"

She nods. "That's right. You're going to smoke the four flowers, and in theory, you'll receive a vision! It's said that these visions are powered by the natural energy of the world. It's likely been a very long time since anyone has bothered to gather these resources. Heh, a journey to find these plants in the old days would have been a perilous excursion, to say the least."

She gathers the plants. "Did you want to do the ritual? Or did you come here to shop?"

>A. I'd like to buy something
>B. I'd like to proceed with this ritual
>>
>>46337975
B. I'd like to.proceed with the ritual

CRAZY HAPPY DRUG TIMES
>>
>>46337975
>>B. I'd like to proceed with this ritual
It is time to smoke that dank bud
>>
>>46337975
We'll start Operation Flower Bedding when we get back from cloud 9
>>
>>46337975
We are called the Hidden Leaf for a reason.
>>
>>46337975
Restock
and
>B proceed with ritual
>>
>>46337975
>>
>>46337975
>>
>>46337975
>>
>>46337975
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a86QgZVgbyQ

She leads you into a side room, which seems to be some sort of place for employees to take their breaks. Ino asks that you take a seat on a lavender pillow, in the center of the room. She places several candles around the room and lights them, before taking handfuls of salt and spreading it in a ring all around you.

Taking pinches of another powder, she flicks them into the flames of the candle. The red flames turn bright blue, and give you and her ghostly appearances. She kneels in front of you and packs the pipe with leaves of the four flowers, and you take the wooden mouthpiece and begin to inhale as she holds a lighter over it.

The smoke entering your lungs burns, and as you exhale you start to cough. For a few seconds it feels like nothing is happening except for your lungs getting irritated.

Your eyes grow wide, as the peripherals of your vision begin to melt away and become distorted. It appears as if you're racing down a tunnel, though you feel yourself sitting completely still. The sensation of wind blasting your hair back causes you to raise your arm, just in time to block your eyes from an incredibly powerful orange light, a rising sun in the distance.
>>
>>46338469
You turn around, and the sun casts your shadow and stretches it across an empty plain. The dark expands in every direction, enveloping the green underfoot until only black remains.

You turn around again, and the rising sun is gone. You fall deep into the void, flipping once. Your vision blurs, and you twist in the empty abyss. Screwing your eyes shut for a few seconds, you open them to find the concrete of the sidewalk several inches from your face.

The impact causes your vision to flash stark white, and when you open your eyes again, an incredible sight takes your breath away.

Three women, slender and tall, dance. They're illuminated by the sunlight, and their shadows cross over you and constrain your limbs. You turn, and attempt to run, but their shadows pull you to the ground and drag you slowly towards them.

As you're scraping across the dirt, panic sets in. The drugs in your body reduce your sense of rationale completely, and your emotional core is as vunlerable as ever. True terror takes as hold of you for reasons you don't understand, and the three silhouettes take hold of you.

At once, they pull you to your feet and point your face to a burning sun. The light of it burns you fiercly, but as you blink it's somewhat diminished. The light of dusk pains you, but as you blink again a soothing full moon presents itself to you.

Day, Dusk, and Night.
>>
>>46338494
The three cycle rapidly, flashing until you're blinded. An incredible force pounds your chest, and you're snapped back into reality. There's a bit of drool going down the side of your mouth, and your lungs burn intensely. Ino strikes you again, apparantly trying to get you under control.

You hold up your hand and gasp, and she takes a step back. "Oop! Sorry! You started to choke! I had to snap you out of it. What on earth did you see!?"

You hold your aching head and chest. "Hardly anything. It barely made any sense!"

Ino sighs. "Jeez, I would have never anticipated this."

You stand up, coughing. "The only thing that really stuck out was something about day, dusk, and night."

Ino nods. "I'll look into it for you. You should go home and get some rest! It's been a coupe of hours, you know."

Now that she mentions it, you are extremely stiff. Is there anything you want to buy before you go?

>A. Yes
>B. No
>>
>>46338557
>A. Yes
>>
>>46338557
>A. Yes
>>
>>46338557
>>A. Yes
Refill poisons?
>>
>>46338557
>A. Yes
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.