[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unseen Underground civ game, thread 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 16
File: OP.png (303 KB, 870x1296) Image search: [Google]
OP.png
303 KB, 870x1296
Welcome back, boys and girls. I apologise for the delay, real life got in the way, as it tends to do. But I'm here now, so let's do this thing. It might be a bit early in the day to start this thread, but it worked out fine last time so whatever.
Previous thread: >>46176765

Let's start with another quick recap of what we have so far.

>We are the Unseen. A race living in a massive underground cave. While physically weak and poor combatants, we're gifted diplomats and have a natural talent for learning illusion magic. Our cave opens up to a dense jungle, from which we can harvest many materials. We've fortified the entrance to our cave with a primitive earthen wall, and camouflaged it with leaves and illusion spells.

>Early on a group of cultists, worshipping the sun, escaped from our caves to live on the surface. We've since tracked down their location. Though they don't seem to be any threat to us, we decided to keep a close eye on them nonetheless.

>Though we suffered some early setbacks in developing our magic potential, we've nonetheless managed to train a reliable, if not overly powerful, group of illusionists to help us in many way. One of our mages even discovered the secret of pyromancy, though nobody else has been able to learn it so far.

>We've discovered one other sapient race so far, the Scorpion-People. Through our skills of diplomacy, we've managed to learn their language and make them our friends, and got them to help set up an orchard near their village. However, we've been relying on illusions to interact with them, and letting them see our true form might make them less happy to work with us. In time, these powerful two-legged, six-armed warriors could become useful allies, valuable slaves, or terrifying enemies.

I'll put the game rules and our current stats in the next post.
>>
File: Big Map.png (390 KB, 4000x3500) Image search: [Google]
Big Map.png
390 KB, 4000x3500
We're playing this fast and loose, so I'm keeping the rules simple:
>Everyone is free to call out suggestions on how to spend the next turn.
>The first suggestion that gets three votes will be used.
>If there are several suggestions that appear to be equal, I'll either chose one at random or call for a tie-breaker.
>There's no need to roll for actions unless I ask for it. So please don't.
>When I do ask for a roll, a single d100 will usually suffice. If not, I'll specifically mention what to roll.
>We're all in this to have fun. Try to stay civil, even when you think people are making dumb choices. Bad behaviour is more disrupting than bad decisions.

CURRENT STATISTICS:
>Population: Small
>Army: Insignificant
>Magic: Minor
>Religion: Minor (Spider Cult)

>Important sites:
> > The Cave-Homes
> > 1 Orchard

>Important people:
> > 1 Illusionist (lvl3 illusion magic)
> > 1 Pyromancer/Illusionist Trainee (lvl2 fire + lvl1 illusion magic)
> > 8 Illusionists (lvl2 illusion magic)
> > 1 lllusionist Priest (lvl1 illusion magic)
> > 1 lllusionist Farmer (lvl1 illusion magic)

>Technology:
> > Sharp Sticks Technology
> > Sharp Stones Technology
> > Basic Trap Making
> > Basic Spear Making
> > Basic Illusion Training
> > Basic Pyromancy Training
> > Poison Plant Knowledge
> > Basic Scorpion Language
>Food:
> > Basic Cave Food
> > Sweet Jungle Fruit
>Trade Goods:
> > Pet Monkeys

>Diplomacy:
> > Scorpion-People: Friendly
> > Sun Cultists: Unknown
>>
File: tweet.png (11 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
tweet.png
11 KB, 256x256
LINKS
>Thread 1: >>46160322
>Thread 2: >>46176765

>Civ Twitter: https://twitter.com/IdiotOP_DHqenRe
>>
>>46263623
maybe its a bit early for your regular players?
>>
>>46263854
It definitely is, but I was early last time as well and it worked out alright, so I'm like whatever, let's just see what happens. I've got half the day to myself so apart from starting my drinking early I've got nothing better to do anyway.

Besides, it's not like you have to be a regular to post. New players are more than welcome to voice their suggestions.
>>
>>46263597
Time to wait for more players
>>
>>46263868
well im happy to play, il draw you some...unseen in the mean time til more people show up

speaking of which did you have a description of what they look like?
>>
I say we work on agriculture! Start testing for foods that are safe to eat, attempt to learn irrigation!
>>
>>46263896
They're literally just Illithids except refluffed to be illusionists and diplomats rather than brain-rapists.
>>
>>46263896
I'm guessing illithids?
>>46263597
Do you want us to name up?
>>
>>46263930
>Do you want us to name up?
Only if you feel like it.
>>
Besides agriculture we should be hunting animals by scaring them into pit traps with illusions magic.
>>
File: unseenquest.jpg (63 KB, 308x604) Image search: [Google]
unseenquest.jpg
63 KB, 308x604
>>46263924
oh, right, well i kind of got it, i went for a more comical appearance though >.>

>>46263967
what about training the monkeys to do our agriculture? like say, berry and nut hunting in the trees... or straight up farming
>>
Everyone seems to agree we need to focus on getting more food, but everyone has a different idea on how to do it. Gonna wait for a bit to see if anyone pops up in support of any of the options mentioned.

I should mention that attempts to train the monkeys to do anything useful haven't worked out in the past, so we'll need a damn good roll for it to work if that's what we're going with.
>>
>>46263921
I'm voting for this
>>
>>46264037
Oh, I will be a little unreliable for a few turns. But afterwards ill be here till I fall asleep for the night (ausfag here)
>>
>>46264058
That's cool.

>>46264043
>>46263921
I guess we'll go with this then.

Someone roll for it.
>>
File: the-sun-ate-em.jpg (185 KB, 1400x1200) Image search: [Google]
the-sun-ate-em.jpg
185 KB, 1400x1200
>>You boys better not be praising the Sun in here

>>46263921
changing my vote for this
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>46264083
>>
>>46263982
>>46264099
These are cool, thanks.

I've never had someone make fanart for something I did before.
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>
File: Cthulustart.jpg (1 MB, 1389x2476) Image search: [Google]
Cthulustart.jpg
1 MB, 1389x2476
>>46264120
all good, i like doing art for the civ threads, let me know if there's any scene you want drawn and i'll see what I can do [plus i am a big Cthulu fan so you got that going for ya =P]
>>
>>46264108
Good old unseen luck.

The unseen farmers back at the orchard decide that, in order to speed up the growth of new fruit trees, they need to provide the trees with enough water to grow. With the help of some of the smaller Scorpions, they manage to dig a narrow irrigation canal from the nearby river to the orchard.

Unfortunately, jungles aren't usually short in humidity, even on cleared patches like the one the orchard is in. The ground doesn't soak up the influx of river water fast enough, and the canal ends up flooding part of the orchard. The canal is quickly closed after the farmers figure out what's happening, containing the damage, but a number of the growing saplings don't survive the flooding.
>>
>>46264175
This is because we did not pray to mother midnight

can we attempt to learn say magic of a different school, or get the general population at least capable of casting basic illusions to change their appearance, nothing grande
>>
>>46264258
Discovering a new magic school would be entirely luck-based without someone to teach us.

Teaching everyone basic illusion magic would probably be almost impossible at this point. We could try to get more illusionist trainees though, we're likely to have more success than last time we tried, considering our overall magic power has grown since then.
>>
>>46264305
whats the worst that could go wrong [rolls a 1]

Can we send hunters into the forest to look for other animals to domesticate? maybe a beast of burden so to speak
>>
>>46264344
This could work. Although i remember that the cows/rhinos that were near the river simply destroyed us, they could be used as such I believe.

Another thing that's on my mind would be to get our infrastructure up. Maybe a temple for our god?
>>
>>46264344
>whats the worst that could go wrong [rolls a 1]
That depends on how creative I choose to get.

>Can we send hunters into the forest to look for other animals to domesticate? maybe a beast of burden so to speak
You could definitely try, though the only larger animals we've discovered so far are a bunch of large, four-legged creatures near the river to the north, and the first time we tried to capture one of those they killed half the hunting party and the illusionist that accompanied them.
>>
Which isn't to say that I'm trying to discourage you guys from picking what options you think are best, btw. Just pointing out potential dangers.
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

I vote for developing more hypnosis-based illusion magic, so we can sedate and domesticate the rhinos.
>>
>>46264386
maybe see if we can find some plants that make can act like a sedative and lure it away

that or use poison to kill the adults and steal their young to rear and domesticate
>>
Rolled 40 (1d100)

>>46264622
>>
File: the ruures.jpg (23 KB, 480x269) Image search: [Google]
the ruures.jpg
23 KB, 480x269
>>46264386
>the cows/rhinos that were near the river
One of my secret joys is keeping my descriptions of these creatures pointlessly vague and watching people not figure out what they actually are.

>>46264616
>>46264635
No need to roll unless an action is chosen, brotatoes.
>>
>>46264649

Gotcha, sorry about that. But ya, my vote is for developing mind control.
>>
Anyway, it looks like the majority of votes is in favor of trying to do something with those large animals. The main differences are in how to use them.

Let's hear some votes on this.
>>
>>46264616
Seconding.

>>46264649
They're elephants, aren't they.
>>
>>46264739
>They're elephants, aren't they.
Nope. Not quite that big.

Guess we're going with the hypnosis approach then. Give me the D (100).
>>
>>46264739

I'm totes down for making them our mind controlled slaves.
>>
File: RIP in peace, dreams.jpg (307 KB, 1280x794) Image search: [Google]
RIP in peace, dreams.jpg
307 KB, 1280x794
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>46264756
There goes my dreams of tandem war elephants.
>>
File: Air_horn.png (90 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Air_horn.png
90 KB, 600x600
>>46264786
>>
That roll was so good, it killed OP.
>>
>>46264906
Still here, just had to take a bathroom break. Give me a minute to type up the results of that roll.
>>
>>46264786
Nice rolling.

Remembering the herd of large creatures to your north, and how easily they defeated your hunting party, he Unseen elders decide to attempt a different approach to capturing them. Illusion magic is already well-suited to manipulating others, but what if this aspect could be developed further? Surely, such stupid yet powerful creatures could be a valuable asset to the clever but physically weak Unseen.

You gather your illusionists to discuss your idea. They are skeptical at first, but as you explain your plan they start to get interested in the possible applications of developing their magic this way. They immediately start experimenting with their magic, using the pet monkeys as test subjects. While it's easy to trick a monkey using illusions, it's another matter entirely to hypnotise it into doing one's bidding.

After a lot of study, even more experimentation and a couple of awkward poop-flinging accidents, one of your illusionists manages to hypnotise a monkey, ordering it around almost as if it were a puppet and the illusionist the puppeteer. Further experimentation proves that this new skill seems to be less efficient on more intelligent targets, but at close range it works almost perfectly against animals.

Armed with this new knowledge, the illusionists accompany your scouts to the last known location of the beasts along the river bank to the north. Sure enough, they find their quarry in the same area. Waiting for the creatures to go to sleep, they carefully creep closer under the guise of a protective illusion. Once within effective range, your illusionists begin preparing a wide area version of the new hypnotism spell. It's a good thing the creatures are asleep and the mages are protected by an illusion, since it takes some tome to prepare the spell for this many targets

Continued in next post.
>>
>>46265108
Once the spell is prepared, the most dangerous part of the mission begins. You can't hypnotise a sleeping creature, so you order the hunters to make some noise, waking the large beasts. As soon as they start to wake up, the illusionists trigger the spell.

Their timing is perfect. Before the beasts realise what's going on, they're under the mages' thrall. Once hypnotised it takes less effort to keep them that way, and on the way back to the cave-homes your illusionists work in shifts to keep the beasts calm and obedient. As long as there's an illusionist near them to keep the spell going at all times, there isn't much risk of them ever getting free.

>Gained the technology: Basic Hypnotism (Illusion Special Skill)!
>One of your Illusionists grows in skill and becomes a Hypnotist!
>Gained a new resource: Hypnotised Hippos!
>>
>>46265169
Knew it.
>>
>>46265169
So, now we can make a plow and then have these pull it! Farming effectively ho!
>>
>>46265169

It's time to get industrial with our new agriculture. I vote for developing magic that can make the hippos larger and/or breed faster.
>>
STATISTICS UPDATE:
>Magic: Minimal

>Important sites:
> > The Cave-Homes
> > 1 Orchard

>Important people:
> > 1 Hypnotist (lvl3 illusion magic - hypnosis expert)
> > 1 Pyromancer/Illusionist (lvl2 fire + lvl1 illusion magic)
> > 7 Illusionists (lvl2 illusion magic)

>Technology:
> > Basic Trap Making
> > Basic Spear Making
> > > Basic Hypnotism (Illusion Special Skill)
> > Poison Plant Knowledge

>Food:
> > Basic Cave Food
> > Sweet Jungle Fruit

>Animals:
> > Pet Monkeys
> > Hypnotised Hippos

>Diplomacy:
>>
>>46265209
Nope, clearly we should develop either more mages, to allow us to keep these under our control more reliably, or we should develop the plow with the larger resulting population we will have far more mages!
>>
>>46265215
Wait, magic should be minor, not minimal.

Not that it really matters.
>>
>>46265223

Actually, I agree with him. The new generations would automatically be raised to be submissive anyway.
>>
>>46265215
Start clearing the area around our caves entrance
>>
>>46265238
This sounds good. I'd also suggest turning over a number of hippos to food production, get to learning about parasites and how cooking kills them.
>>
>>46265237
Not really, we are keeping them under control by mind-fucking them. The moment that it fails they will kill us based off of instinct; hippos are evil shits from the moment of their birth.

However we can use hypnosis to enhance our methods of taming them, breeding them tame.
>>
OP, would it be dickish to plug my civ here for players to visit between rolls? I'm just trying to gain traction.

>>46264729
>>
>>46265272
I don't really mind a plug as long as it's not disruptive, but you might be better off advertising here: >>46163105
>>
>>46265266

> However we can use hypnosis to enhance our methods of taming them, breeding them tame.

I'm interested in anything that makes more meat.
>>
>>46265287

Okay, cool man!
>>
>>46265266
I am also in favor of taming/breeding the hippos
>>
Looks like taming and breeding the hippos has the most votes.

Do we assign one (or more) illusionists as dedicated hippo-keepers?
>>
>>46265356

All of them. Illusionists are now psychic druids.
>>
>>46265356
Have 3 hippo-hypnotist, this means they work at most eight hour shifts and can easily lose one without loss of knowledge.
>>
>>46265356
Three illusionists and the hypnotist as an overseer in an attempt to pass on his knowledge.
>>
Unless someone strongly disagrees, I'll suggest >>46265434 as a more-or-less middle road between >>46265405 and>>46265416.

Roll for hippo sex.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>46265519
Bow chicka wow wow.
>>
we should try to find more unseen in the tunnels
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>46265519
>>
Rolled 52 (1d100)

>>46265519
>>
>>46265543
Trying to breed the hippos proves to be more difficult than expected.

Not only does your home jungle prove to be a poor environment for the rotund beasts, but as it turns out, hypnotised hippos don't have much of a sex drive, or any drive at all for that matter. When your hippo-wranglers try forcing the animals to mate through hypnotic commands, the resulting failures are as comedic as they are disappointing.

Eventually your illusionists wisely admit that they don't have the first clue of how to actually breed a hippo.
>>
>>46265688
Why dont we try and start writing shit. The rational excuse for this is try and record shit like "We have 12 monkeys" etc (thats how language evolved in the first place)
>>
>>46265772
Journal Entry #1
Overseer has asked me to observe the river beast's genitalia in an effort to discern their mating rituals.

I am horrified and repulsed.
>>
Gotta go afk for a couple of minutes.

Feel free to discuss the merits of the written word vs hippo sex in the meantime.
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>46265855

Rolling to write Da Vinci-like manuscripts entirely about hippo junk.
>>
>>46265992
yoyoyo, no writing without bigmans say so (but we should straight up write a great work about Hippo sex)
>>
>>46266005

Whoops, didn't realize we had no writing. But ya, lets pool our rolls together when it's time so that future archaeologists can find our masterpiece.
>>
>>46265855
Bureaucracy ahoy!

Time to get oils and fats to write on the walls with.

inb4 the first graffiti is made
>>
>>46266052

Our "2001" moment is produced by and forever propelled by hippo dicks and vaginas. Holy cow my sides.

https://youtu.be/ypEaGQb6dJk?t=371
>>
>>46266104
2000 years from now, archaeologists will find this cave and say,

>"One theory goes that this was the beginning of our civilization, the moment where our intellect accelerated to heights unseen."
>"Others think they were a bunch of weirdos. We're going with the latter on this one."
>>
>>46266104
Soon we shall have plays depicting our heroic attempt at hippo breeding. I see this as a rom-com type thing, Colin Firth and Jennifer Aniston
>>
File: tiny-giant-monsters.jpg (68 KB, 598x383) Image search: [Google]
tiny-giant-monsters.jpg
68 KB, 598x383
>>46266175
It'd basically be like this.
>>
Hey, is anybody gonna archive Unseen Civ?
>>
All right, I'm back.

Are we going with learning how to write for our next action?
>>
>>46266236
Yep
>>
>>46266236
Yeh boi
>>
>>46266236
Yeah.

Culture and education, here we come.
>>
>>46266236
Yes please
>>
Whatever we write first, it's going to be about hippos doing it.
>>
>>46266389
seconded
>>
>>46266245
I don't think I've generally been too easygoing with developing new tech since Unseen aren't supposed to be good at it, but I'll skip rolling for this one, because writing is a pretty basic requirement for developing civs beyond the tribal stage and having it fail because of a bad roll would be shittier than usual IMO.

This time, it's actually not the Unseen elders, but the monkey keepers that spearhead the new development. With monkey populations booming, it becomes more and more important to keep track of them all in an organised fashion. To accomplish this, the keepers have devised a simple system of crude symbols, allowing them to name and tally the monkeys.

It isn't long before this idea starts to spread among the Unseen traders and craftsmen. Eventually, the elders take note of this new "writing" system. Its current form is a mess, with different individuals using different marks according to their own preferences and imaginations. The elders, realising the value of a language everyone could learn to read, take measures to unify the different scripts and create an official standard for the symbols.

Not everyone likes this, and many people don't see why this whole writing business is such a big deal. However, the elders are determined to see it done, and before long the Unseen have their official written language. It's a crude language, better suited for tallying monkeys than for writing sonnets about amorous hippopotamuses, but it's a good start nonetheless.

>Gained the technology: Basic Writing!
>>
>>46266547
Should we also teach the Scorpions about basic writing?
>>
>>46266565
YES! teach them our script. Make our language the universal writing language
>>
>>46266565
It would be pretty useful, I'll admit.

Maybe even train mail-monkeys.
>>
>>46266547
>writing sonnets about amorous hippopotamuses
topkek
>>
>>46266575

The scorpianfolk are probably fans of cave navigation. Let's develop our way of writing "directions", and THEN introduce writing to them.
>>
>>46266584
The courier monkeys would get distracted by food, and then get lost.

The first true monument to communication would be to build a clacks tower, one at our cave and another at the Scorpions' home, to facilitate ease of communication.

Of course, that'd be a suicidal 'HERE WE ARE' beacon for every tribe in 20 miles, so I'd advise against it.
>>
>>46266650
It's fiiine. We'll just breed some more attentive monkeys.
>>
>>46266646

This.
>>
>>46266675
Maybe we should try to develop our breeding tech so we can actually breed monkeys (and hippos) in the first place.
>>
>>46266565
>>46266646
>>46266575
we shouldn't they are still possible enemies if they find out our true form
>>
>>46266703
We'll breed them like our ancestors bred cows and dogs.
>>
>>46266646
k
>>
>>46266646
Seconding.

"Oh, by the way, we went ahead and wrote directions. Oh, you can't read? Well, we could teach you."
>>
>>46266714
How about, over time, we slightly lessen our illusion by degrees, so slowly that the Scorpions don't even notice it, until eventually we reach our true form, and they think it's always been like this?
>>
>>46266714
hey now, they have done nothing but good to us. We need brawn if we are to become dominant. Scorpion folk are friends
>>
>>46266703
And then we crossbreed them to get ogres.
>>
>>46266760
That isn't how genetics works.

And besides, we don't have magical genetic engineering yet.
>>
File: DS2 Ogre.png (559 KB, 562x599) Image search: [Google]
DS2 Ogre.png
559 KB, 562x599
>>46266760
Yesss.
>>
>>46266769

We're so bad at normal breeding in the first place, that we may as well try.

So ya, magic genetics and directional writing.
>>
So, the consensus is for teaching the Scorpions to write?

I'm going to add a little extra challenge here to see if you've been paying attention: What do you think would be the best way to ge the Scorpions interested in your written language?

Answering wrong won't give you a penalty, I'm just curious to see what you guys think.
>>
>>46266852

Better cave navigation and words to describe the various larva stages of their young.
>>
>>46266852
Something to do with food
>>
>>46266852
Well, they can speak with us without us ripping our throats trying to pronounce words of each others languages... and also we could use hypnotic suggestion to make them want to know.
>>
>>46266852
Indications of fertile hunting grounds and local beasties?

Hic etiam homines magna cornua habentes longitudine quatuor pedum, et sunt etiam serpentes tante magnitudinis, ut unum bovem comedant integrum.
>>
>>46266994
>>46266907
>>46266882
Combine all three?
>>
>>46266714
im with this guy

>>46266740
i dont think they're that oblivious
>>
>>46266907
Right now our hypnotism doesn't work very well on intelligent targets.
>>
I think our illusionists should meetup and practice magic. It would be nice for our priest and farmer to get more ranks in magic, and our illusionists could get trained in hypnotism and fire magic.
>>
Good to see me being pointlessly vague about stuff is still working. Maybe I should cut it out.

Anyway... You create several tablets made of bark and carve a simple version of your newly developed script into them. A new diplomatic envoy is created, and heads to the Scorpions in order to teach them your written language and exchange information about cave navigation with them.

The Scorpions fail to see the point. After all, they've been doing just fine without such complicated things. If there's food, they eat it. If there's no food, they go hunt or forage for more. In a Scorpion's life, there's not that much else worth keeping track of.

Still, your diplomats insist, explaining the many benefits it would have to Scorpion society. Writing down the location of good hunting grounds, keeping track of food stores, and communicating with you without having to bother speaking your language. The Scorpions aren't terribly impressed, but they allow you to teach the language to anyone who might be interested.

To your diplomat's surprise, it doesn't take long for several of the Scorpions to volunteer for practice. While none of the larger ones, who seem to be in charge, show up, several of the smaller kind do. It seems they're not as much interested in the art of writing itself, but simply eager to learn whatever you have to teach. Nonetheless, the Scorpions are slow learners, and your diplomat decides to stay behind in the Scorpion village so he can teach them over a longer period of time.
>>
>>46267218

Ah so we're raising a new Liberal generation of scorpion youth to pursue science and hippo boning. Delightful.
>>
>>46267295
Huzzah.
>>
>>46267218
Forgot my trip while posting in another thread. Just confirming this is indeed me.
>>
>>46267363
thx for doing this man. This is my favorite civ thing so far
>>
we should boost our population, maybe recruit more from the caves.
>>
>>46267396
Thanks, that means a lot!

This is the first time I'm attempting a civ campaign and I'm really pleased with how things are working out so far as well.
>>
>>46267425
Yeah, maybe gave a breeding day on a full moon or some shit. Where everyone can have a day of free food and shit if they bone all day
>>
>>46267295
All the better to diplomance with.

>>46267425
This'd be good. Definitely seeing a potential bottleneck developing if we plan on researching monkey sex and and pursuing liberalist revolution for the scorpions.
>>
Boosting population it is.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?
>>
>>46267627
Organize family units to support more consistent breeding
>>
>>46267627
Festival of the moon cycle. As a new moon rises a new generation must be borne (once a new moon people get a day off to bone all day)
>>
>>46267638
>>46267653
Ye.
>>
>>46267442

Ya man! It's certainly better run that my infamous first goblin campaign.
>>
>>46267627
recruit more unseen from the cave systems and, maybe with the help of, some kind of fertility festival
>>
>>46267720
Not sure what you mean by recruit.

Like, recruit them into an army?
>>
>>46267627
Monogamy. A strong family is the foundation of civilization.
>>
All right, let's do this. Roll them bones.

Also a heads-up: This will be the last action of the day. I really need to get started on dinner and I probably won't be online afterwards.
>>
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>46267828
Have a nice dinner.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>46267828
>>
Rolled 20 (1d100)

>>46267828
Bon appétit, QM.
>>
>>46267854
>>46267865
>>46267879
hopefully its only one roll
>>
Since OP is kill after this round, it's time for me to swoop in and plug my thread again!

>>46264729
>>
>>46267895
Yeah I'm just using the first roll most of the time, unless I specifically ask for multiple.

>>46267854
Quantity has a quality of its own, and the Unseen elders realise this. The Unseen are powerful in their own ways, but if they were forced to go to war agains the Scorpions or some as of yet undiscovered other race, they'd be in a very difficult position. One way to strengthen our race and increase its odds of survival is to make sure there are simply more Unseen around.

To this purpose, the elders devise a way to encourage the Unseen civilians to breed more, and thus produce more little Unseen ones. Even when successful it will be a slow process, but in the long run it's sure to pay off.

The elders use multiple ways to encourage the population to procreate more. Stressing the importance of strong families, offering increased food rations to families with many children, and even creating a religious holiday tied to the spider Cult. Once a month, all Unseen performing non-essential jobs are given the day off and encouraged to spend it with their familied, or, if they don't have one, to start working on creating one.

It seems most of these measures meet with moderate success. The holiday isn't very popular with those that aren't members of the Spider Cult, but even most of them are happy to have a day off. Whether this results in people actually having more babies remains to be seen, but first impressions are hopeful.
>>
I reformatted the stats a little bit. With 4chan's limited post formatting options there's not much that can be done, but hopefully it's a bit more readable.

STATISTICS:
>Magic: Minor

IMPORTANT STUFF:
>Owned Sites:
> > The Cave-Homes (capital)
> > 1 Orchard

>Special People:
> > 1 Pyromancer/Illusionist (lvl2 fire + lvl1 illusion magic)
> > 4 Illusionists (lvl2 illusion magic)
> > 1 Hypnotist Hippo-Wrangler (lvl3 illusion magic - hypnosis expert)
> > 3 Illusionist Hippo-Wranglers (lvl2 illusion magic)

RESEARCH:
>Crafting:
> > Basic Trap Making
> > Basic Spear Making

>Magic:
> > > Basic Hypnotism (Illusion Special Skill)

>Culture:
> > Basic Writing

RESOURCES:
>Food:
> > Basic Cave Food
> > Sweet Jungle Fruit

>Animals:
> > Pet Monkeys
> > Hypnotised Hippos

OTHER:
>Diplomacy:
>>
If you're hungry for more, check out this guy's thread: >>46267970. It's got otter gnolls which I think is really cool.

I'll probably have time to play some more tomorrow. If not, just keep an eye out for this thread, follow the civ twitter account (https://twitter.com/IdiotOP_DHqenRe), and/or read the Civ general (>>46163105) to find out when the next thread is going up.

I hope you all enjoyed it do far, and that I'll see you again next time.
>>
>>46268171
Goodbye
>>
File: tumblr_mpbqkv59in1ry6msio1_400.gif (1 MB, 390x208) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mpbqkv59in1ry6msio1_400.gif
1 MB, 390x208
>>46268093
Looking forward to next time, bud. Take care.
>>
>>46268219
Godamnit that thing is adorable.
>>
This was archived, right?
Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.