[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Total Warhammer Vampire Counts Siege of Altdorf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SFM6-LC6io

>There are people on this board who'll play as overgrown leeches and sacks of decaying flesh

How heretical
>>
>>46242318
>>
File: TWHolds.jpg (484 KB, 1000x871) Image search: [Google]
TWHolds.jpg
484 KB, 1000x871
>>46242318
>There are people on this board who'll play this game released by overgrown leeches
I mean, I didn't particularly even mind that they wanted to nickel and dime people for the other factions.

I thought; "Okay, that's just the way games are these days."

But what really pisses me off to the extent of personally boycotting SEGA is the way that they ALSO pull so many features out of the game.

You can't reconquer the Empire of Mourkain as a vampire because a vampiric empire in the Badlands "Wouldn't make sense due to lore lol".

Orcs can't conquer settlements in the empire and live there I guess "Because why would they make use of buildings humans made?"

There's no family trees, siege battles have reduced depth, and you can only play the flagship faction of each race.

Just makes me so furious because this could have been a beautiful game, but they crippled it even before their first release.
>>
File: LaughingPrecursorRace.png (291 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
LaughingPrecursorRace.png
291 KB, 500x350
>>46242428
>There are people on this board who'll play this game released by overgrown leeches
>>
>>46242318
So there are only 5 Winds of Magic?
Hysh, Chamon, Shyish, Azyr and Aqshy?
>>
>>46242428

I personally support this decision, but I fucking hate the justifications used. If they had just said something along the lines of "We're trying to make interesting strategic decisions", or "For the love of god please just pillage once in a while", or "yeah the game gets completely broken if Dwarfs/Greenskins start conquering every territory" then I doubt there'd be near as much grumbling.

Hell, I could even see a lore justification of "Dwarfs/Empire are stretched waaay too thinly to conquer the lands of other species and maintain local order, and wouldn't resort to slaughtering each other to replace the local race." The explanation they gave just blows though.
>>
>>46242318
Ive noticed that the counts tend to lose alot
>>
>>46242428
why the fuck would you even need family tree?
>>
>>46242428
>Orcs can't conquer settlements in the empire and live there I guess "Because why would they make use of buildings humans made?"

So when exactly do they live in human towns?
Having their own encampents that are full of shit is what the orcs are for.
>>
>>46242318

Looks pretty good.
>>
>>46242318
Looks nice. Of course, every time they show us footage of a Total War game, the collision detection is flawless, the AI knows how to use special moves and units don't get stuck trying to enter narrow areas.
>>
File: IM NSDAP.png (349 KB, 544x733) Image search: [Google]
IM NSDAP.png
349 KB, 544x733
>>46242428
Its ok buddy we'll just commit genocide and raze all those areas we can't occupy.
>>
>>46245700
>collision detection
ReynoldSanity kill yourself and any progeny you might have.
>>
>>46245700
They should get the guys who made the King Arthur roleplaying wargame to help I remember the enemies uses their spells quite frequently
>>
>>46246100
balthy used his lore of metal spell on a tower
>>
Not gonna lie, when I saw him pan around the city I was thinking "whelp there goes the Carthage ruse again".
>>
>>46246325

what's the carthage ruse?
>>
>>46247633
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaDlihIqPws
>>
>>46246325
I don't get it.
They allowed youtubers and reviewers access to the games and allowed them to record shit in CA offices.
>>
>>46242428
>I mean, I didn't particularly even mind that they wanted to nickel and dime people for the other factions.

Having to pay additional content is nothing new and it's straught ridiculous to assume that a game could feature all factions on release.
>>
>>46242318
Total war hammer is based, nome of you fags can name a real flaw
>>
If that cav charge at 18:50 is anything to go by they might have finally fixed cav
>>
>Siege battles only have a single attack direction

What the hell is this shit?!
>>
>>46251440
cav was fixed since shogun 2. Or are you one of those people who believe in the real mass meme?

>>46253384
So what?
>>
>>46253384

Seige Battle in a pre-made scenario, rather than in a campaign.

So not enoguh information to tell if that's the norm or not in proper campaign mode too - there seems to be a few major modifications to the usual way sieges work in Total War games to mimic the table top warhammer experience, which might mean EVERY battle is "one side attacks from one side every time" or might not.

>>46248465
>games don't come complete
>it's silly to think they ever would

Fucking DLCucks
>>
>>46253810
>Seige Battle in a pre-made scenario, rather than in a campaign.
>So not enoguh information to tell if that's the norm or not in proper campaign mode too - there seems to be a few major modifications to the usual way sieges work in Total War games to mimic the table top warhammer experience, which might mean EVERY battle is "one side attacks from one side every time" or might not.
sieges are going to be exactly like that. As long as it makes the AI fight better and makes the walls the primary place where the battle is decided, its all good.

>fucking DLC cucks.
So would you rather the game come out with a barebones campaign and battle map ALA Medieval 2 and call it good because it allows you to unlock the same reskinned faction over and over again?
>>
>>46253857

Dude, games used to come with all the factions, and you'd get one or two add on factions, at most.

Also: wasn't the seige mainly decided by the fight in the courtyard, where the giant vampire kitty killed the enemy vampire lordette thingie?
>>
>>46253926
The courtyard is the last stand kind of place or the place where you keep your reserves. Its a very AoW3 style of battlemap. Not a bad thing since watching the AI chimp out was a pretty shitty thing to see.

>games used to come with all the factions.
m8, I have been playing TW since medieval 1. The factions played exactly the same with the differences due to minor unit compositions and starting positions.
>>
>>46253384
>>46253810
>>46253857
The inclusion of flying units has required them to change how sieges work.
>>
>>46254242
yeah. Pretty much this. Also, If you can deploy artillery on your walls the hype will be real.
>>
>>46242318

>not wanting to play as based Vlad

He's the hero we deserve.
>>
>>46254242

I actually like the new Siege style, makes the cities actually feel like the massive cities they are in the fluff, and for Dwarves makes a lot more sense than surrounding a city.

It also matches how sieges work in the tabletop if you were playing a 'city siege' styled battle instead of 'take the fort', where you'd have a wall on one side of the table.

As for factions, I think I read an article where they said they'd prefer to break the game up the way they have to put a lot of effort into a few factions at a time, instead of minimal effort to every race at once.

Also, like stated by CA and a few people here, older games had little variation between factions. In TW:WH the factions all play differently from each other (even the little bit of Bretonnia we've seen makes them look way different from the Empire than if you compared the French to, say, the Byzantines in Medieval). And the developers again said how many more 'skeletons' they have for their 3d models compared to older games (5 - 7 previously depending on the game, 24+ just for the factions in this first release).
>>
>>46254564
Except you can't.

You have to play as Mannfred.
>>
>>46255264
I seriously hope you guys don't do that.
>>
>>46254564
But we're playing as less-based Mannfred
>>
File: rust is not amused.jpg (851 KB, 1831x1022) Image search: [Google]
rust is not amused.jpg
851 KB, 1831x1022
>>46255264
>>46255364

God fucking damn it THEY HAD ONE JOB
>>
>>46255418
Isn't vlad dead at the time of the game's setting?
>>
>>46255436

...well obviously, he's a vampire.
>>
>>46255436

Who the fuck cares? OP's video was of the siege of god damn altdorf and Mannfred never led that.
>>
>>46255436
Yes, Vladis more prominent in the age of the three emperors.
Here you could have 3 mini-empire faction (Nuln, Sigmarites Reikland and lastly dirty Ulrics), a vampire war and Louis the Young.
The bad part abou the period is the lack of well known character (Bel'Shar is Phoenix King, no cool Ork or Goblin, Chaos has some noname guy.), steamtank weren't here yet and most importantly the college of Magic didn't exist.
>>
>>46242318
>lore of vampires
B-but that's supposed to be Lore of Death
Fuck, they didn't even get that right.
>>
>>46255849
Lore of Death is also in the game, I saw them scroll past it
>>
>>46255703
Well Mannfred didn't lead this siege of altdorf either. :^)
It was all Himmler.
>>46255849
They are both present in the game. Manny gets both of them and is a kickass fighter to boot. He is gonna be so fucking OP
>>
>>46255933
Doubt he can take the dorf chair on the lil bitch
>>
>>46256417
yeah. but thorgrim cannot magically summon spoopy skellingtons can he?
And neither can he fly.
>>
>>46256428
Yeah but he has a book, a chair, and about 5 dorfs

That's all you need in life
>>
RTS always look like anything but strategy to me. I just see large blobs of units crashing into each other. I'm aware that this game has passive abilities and that your commander can cast spells, but I hope that it includes active special abilities or unique traits for your units as well to make them more than a stat line.
>>
I would rather just keep playing Warhammer mods for CK2 / EUIV, desperately longing for the day when someone will make a C&C mod for CK2.
>>
>>46261254
>warhammer mods in a game that doesn't have combat
whats the point?
>>
>>46261324

What's the point of paying obscene amounts of money for glorified skirmishes and often poor quality controlled models?

The answer: So I can rape my friend's factions.
>>
>>46251287
No chaos included in the game :(
>>
>>46261558

Chaos is a pre-order/DLC faction.
>>
>>46261599
That is not included in the game because of greed
>>
>>46261360
>glorified skirmishes
well they are going to be far bigger than your average table top game.
>poor models
the only thing people agree on is that the game has pretty sweet looking beasties
>>
>>46261622

Maybe, but if Sega weren't cocks who wanted money then they wouldn't playable at all. CA has straight-up said the only reason Chaos happened is because Sega wanted a pre-order faction and gave them the money to make Chaos. Only way we were getting them any time soon.
>>
>>46254564
>>46255264
They will be releasing more generals as DLC. Chaos has three at release, Archaon, the Dragon ogre guy, and Sigvald (I think). Each of the Four factions in the main game will get two generals to begin with. For Empire its Karl Fran and Balthazar Gelt,for Dwarfs its Thorgrim Grudgebearer and Ungrim Ironfist, for the greenskins its Grimgor and Azhag, ad the counts are getting Manny and I think Heinrich Kemmler (because he'. I would be very surprised if Vlad wasn't the first VC general to be released. Also I think the Generals are Free DLC, I know something is.
>>
>>46261820
(because he's the guy in the picture of their youtube account (or it might be a generic necromancer))
>>
>>46261820
>>46261836
And the video the OP links to has Heinrich leading them.
>>
Cannot wait when they will make playable Brets, and I will send Jarrod with expedition into Athel'Loren.
>>
>>46244070
You may not be able to 'captue' an empire city as Greenskins or dwarfs or a dwarf fortress as the VC or Empire. However I think you can still attack them. Lets just wait and see.
>>46261939
I'd be surprised if the Brets aren't one of the races in the first expansion pack. Alongside wood elves.
>>
>>46261820

I doubt it will happen, but I'd love to see Neferata become a playable Lord based in Silver Pinnacle. Would be cool if her bonus did allow her to capture Dwarf provinces.
>>
>>46262375
>but I'd love to see Neferata become a playable Lord based in Silver Pinnacle

All legendary lords start in the faction's home province. Even Ungrim, whose kingdom is next to fucking Ostermark, starts out controlling Karak Eight Peaks.
>>
>>46253384
Much more realistic than 2000 dudes storming Carthage from all sides. This is a very welcome change for me.

>>46253810
>>46253926
This TW doesn't have simple reskins as all of the previous games, or 99% of strategy totles for that matter. Each faction needs different models, textures and mechanics, and some even new skeletons for animation. The workload is massive, much bigger than any previous TW. It is entirely reasonable that they don't release all factions in the first game.

>>46255264
Yep. Why the fuck would anyone choose Mannfred even above Konrad is just beyond me.

>>46260469
Total Wars and other strategy games have included those for a good 10 years now.

>>46262011
Brets will probably be a free dlc factionn and I bet WE will be released as DLC in a year to drum up hype for the next installment, that I guess will include HE, DE, LM and Skaven.
>>
>>46261820
Money has Volkmar as the first Empire DLC general.
>>
>>46263556

I agree, maybe Boris, but Volkmar more likely.

Skarsnik for Greenskins because they lack a Goblin (and because he's Skarsnik), Belegar for Dwarfs.

No idea for VC, but as I said before, hoping for Neferata (being 1 of the only living Vampires of note alive at the time).
>>
>>46263570
I'd say Neferata is a safe bet if they don't go for another von Carstein.

Remember they aren't married to accurate timelines (see: Azhag being alive) so they might use Grom the Paunch because of how iconic a goblin character he is.
>>
>>46263633
>grom the fatass
>not skarsnik and based gobbla to finally win over karak eight peaks and the goddamm furries
>>
>>46263556
I really wish we were getting a Sigmarite instead of Gelt, but can hope for one shortly after.
>>
File: Factionstartmap.jpg (2 MB, 4903x2116) Image search: [Google]
Factionstartmap.jpg
2 MB, 4903x2116
The starting positions of all the factions, if it's of interest.

>>46262011
>>46261939
Given at launch brets will have all their units modelled and animated, and their city mechanics implemented for the AI, it seems a pretty safe bet. They just need to throw together a couple of quest battles for leon and fay (or whoever).
>>
>>46260469
Well since some of their units are going to have special attributes like being literal monsters and being extra spoopy like>>46242402

You'll have to plan out which blobs you want to smash into each other and how to counter other smashing blobs with spells and shit
>>
File: paranoid.png (108 KB, 300x278) Image search: [Google]
paranoid.png
108 KB, 300x278
>>46261820
Who gives a shit about Karl, Gelt, the stunties, the greenskins and the sacks of bone? WHEN CAN I COMMAND AN ARMY OF SKAVEN AS THANQUOL?!
>>
Im surprised at how much attention theyre giving the vampire counts.
>>
>>46265797
Yeah, I was actually surprised the Black Coach and those red haired giant bats get included
>>
File: total-war-lord-of-war.jpg (115 KB, 650x823) Image search: [Google]
total-war-lord-of-war.jpg
115 KB, 650x823
>http://www.blacklibrary.com/prod-home/prod-home-bl/lord-of-chaos-pb.html
>http://www.blacklibrary.com/prod-home/prod-home-bl/the-emerors-armies-pb.html

The game follows the novels canon confirmed.

Be'lakor confirmed. Time reset shenanigans confirmed. None of what you do in the game matters because Be'lakor would reset the timeline.....or maybe we are Be'lakor all along!
>>
>>46265951
Especially considering vampire counts are pretty minor, in both lore and in playerbase
>>
>>46266038
They are the only faction that besieged Altdorf before the end times, though.
>>
>>46266014
Fuck off carnac. Nobody likes you.
>>
>>46266090
But I like you <3.
>>
>>46266100
Well. This is awkward.
>>
>>46242318
>Lichemeister
HYPE.
I'm gonna name one of my knights Sire Amalric de Gaudaron just for you, Kemmler
>>
File: 1295540949095.jpg (99 KB, 700x433) Image search: [Google]
1295540949095.jpg
99 KB, 700x433
>>46265689
Yeah, it's disappointing.
>>
>>46266014
>>Bel'acuck
>>
>>46242428
>>46244070
>>46262011
From what i've heard the mechanic is going to be similar to Attilas where you'll raze and then basically recolonize non-compatible settlements
>>
>>46267492
This makes more sense than just not allowing certain factions to capture certain areas as I've been led to believe was the case. Still you'd expect Orcs at least would have some sort of ability to repurpose certain buildings in conquered territories or something.
>>
>>46242318
>cairn wraiths are a huge brick

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>46270168
They repurpose them alright. They were buildings, now they're kindling and swag bags for you to run away with and spend on more stuff
>>
>>46264066
Where the hell is Stirland's skeleton? Literally all of Stirland can be burned away or invaded, but it would still be cool because of the skeleton.
>>
>>46264066
That is one tiny estalia and tilea
>>
>>46270563
size is directly proportional to relevance.
>>
>>46271111
Not true or they wouldn't be visible at all desu
>>
>>46247824
You need to build the city's last fucking upgrade to get that map. CA sucks donkey dicks, but spreading misinfo only hurts us in the long run.
>>
>>46270563
>>46271111
>>46271404
It is one of the few complaints I have so far.
According to most maps, Bretonnia is between 1/2 and 2/3 of the Empire, and Estalia and Tilea each should be about 1/3 of the Empire.

Yes, they are not relevant, but still.
>>
>>46273186
yeah, well the empire has more factions so more regions to conquer
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.