[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one befriend a demon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 1457373963157.jpg (188 KB, 500x577) Image search: [Google]
1457373963157.jpg
188 KB, 500x577
/tg/ my character has been speaking with and doing favors for a demon for a little while now. Said character may only be a naive druid, but I want him to try and appeal to the lighter side of the being's nature.
>>
Tell us more about this demon and it's characterization.

Is there any distinct room for a lighter side to this demon? Does it have a theme or vulnerability that can be played up to? Is it expressly not a very nice devil or has it not asked you do anything especially nasty yet? How does it regard mortals? Is it curious and relatively easy going in it's dealings with your druid or is it disdainful and haughty?
>>
>>46308271
There isn't too much to tell. And I'm not sure if I can classify it as a textbook demon.
It spends most of its time asking for offerings, (preferably living matter, nothing inorganic or magic-based) and gives me items for my work every now and again.

It gets mad when you say one thing and do another, and seems to adhere to some code of compensation (or it could be it just wants to keep me engaged)

It has no physical form that I can see, but dwells inside a box that I carry around.

It does love to eat living things most. It doesn't even ask me for anything specific, just offerings.

I haven't asked about its opinion of mortals, but I plan to have a "heart to heart" with it soon.
>>
>>46308220
Sell your soul to it.
>>
File: gifted.jpg (170 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
gifted.jpg
170 KB, 760x596
>>46308531
While the idea of receiving demonic power is appealing, I can't be 100% certain he wouldn't just fuck-off with the soul.

Then again it's not like he can go anywhere without me.
>>
File: MeettheBBEG.jpg (496 KB, 1156x1626) Image search: [Google]
MeettheBBEG.jpg
496 KB, 1156x1626
There's also the fact that my character hasn't really done anything 'evil' this being.

There was the time I fed it an evil mage we had captive, (well, pinned) but time was of the essence.
>>
>>46308520
>It spends most of its time asking for offerings (preferably living matter)

Do simple fruits and vegetables count as satisfying offerings or does he have a taste for blood? If he's never really sunk his teeth into flesh I'd personally try to keep it that way. It's all fun and games when it's just the occasional chicken thigh or cow tongue, but the fun stops when he starts asking for live chickens to sate his hunger and later on cats, dogs and larger game. That's a slippery slope you'd rather not traipse on so stick to feeding him peas and carrots if possible.

>It gets mad when you say one thing and do another, and seems to adhere to some code of compensation

If he's a devil with a code then he should be fairly chill provided it isn't all a ploy to get inside that sweet, nubile body of yours.

For now I'd hold off on feeding it any mice and for the love of god no blood pacts until you're sure he's one of the code bound sorts of demons that are half way alright and not the sneaky bastards that just want to screw you over/possess your body.

Has it given you it's name or has your setting got that thing going on where you have power over it if you know it's true name? If it's one of those kinds of deals I'd find a way to pressure it's name out of it before you try putting any blood on paper for it. I'd recommend against forcing the issue with it at this point til you've had more time to get to know each other a bit better, after all it's just like you said; he's stuck in a box, he isn't going anywhere.

If at all possible, try to figure out his past affiliations, why he's stuck in that box and so on. When you stroll into a new town try asking it if it's been there before and then start making enquiries around the area to see if anyone else can give you a character reference on your devil friend.
>>
>>46308853
>If at all possible, try to figure out his past affiliations, why he's stuck in that box and so on. When you stroll into a new town try asking it if it's been there before and then start making enquiries around the area to see if anyone else can give you a character reference on your devil friend
I like this idea. That mage I mentioned >>46308649 was terrified of the thing, and seemed to know a good bit about what it was. The mage in question was apparently alive for a long time, and living inside the body of a child.

>That's a slippery slope you'd rather not traipse on so stick to feeding him peas and carrots if possible.
Uuuuuuh. >>46308649
But to be honest I think this thing's been around the bend a while. I think he'll be satisfied with some live fish at dinner, at least for now. I've also fed it dead bodies every now and again.

>Has it given you it's name or has your setting got that thing going on where you have power over it if you know it's true name?
We're playing Pathfinder, so the name would give me some semblance of control over him. But only to the extent of "you must come at the call of your true name"
Unless I give him a decent reward afterwards, I reckon he'll just want to kill me.
>>
File: Macca_Coin_and_Bill_Imagine.png (25 KB, 252x123) Image search: [Google]
Macca_Coin_and_Bill_Imagine.png
25 KB, 252x123
Bribe them
>>
>bdo
>>46309193
>smt macca
You guys are my eternal niggas
>>
>>46309077
>That mage I mentioned >>46308649 was terrified of the thing, and seemed to know a good bit about what it was. The mage in question was apparently alive for a long time, and living inside the body of a child.

So basically what you're telling me is you've got your demon in the habit of eating man-children? Might want to curb that before he starts making unreasonable demands (i.e. more tasty child bodies please). That said, got any more details on what the child wizard kid had to say about your box devil?

>We're playing Pathfinder, so the name would give me some semblance of control over him. But only to the extent of "you must come at the call of your true name"
Unless I give him a decent reward afterwards, I reckon he'll just want to kill me.

That's a shame really. My GM likes to make it so knowledge of a true name = binding the demon as a familiar, always makes the wizards in the party excited when we get to dealing with extradimensional beings, always trying to think of ways to extort indentured servitude out of em, though sometimes it does derail sessions as the party gets too preoccupied trying to entrap a powerful elemental that we encountered rather than forge ahead through dungeons n tings

If you can get some idea as to your devil's identity at a library with lots of arcana related knowledge you should get a headstart on befriending it. Typically you can find an appropriate repository of arcane knowledge at most large cities, a nation's capital city will probably be your best bet, provided you have access to the royal archives or what have you.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.