[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After a year of humming and hawing about getting into Horus Heresy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
After a year of humming and hawing about getting into Horus Heresy and back into 40k, I've finally decided to strip and hack apart my decade-old guardsmen and re-purpose them as an Imperialis Militia & Cults allied detachment for a WB list.

I've already got Simple Green in my shopping list, but what's the best tool for cutting off limbs/heads/etc? I remember dousing those cunts in plastic glue when I was younger, so what's the most efficient option for doing it besides breaking out the hacksaw?

Also, how good is Simple Green for getting rid of flock and basing materials? Does it weaken the white glue and get everything to come off easily, or will I have to brute force that shit off too?
>>
>>46291699
I tried Simple Green, but it didn't work well for me even with a 36 hour soak.
I ended up using Lemon Pine-Sol which stripped both a botched paint job and shitty glued-on sand with the added bonus of beautiful pine-scented Necrons.

I suggest expiriementing with different chemicals before dunking your entire army, find out what works best for you.
>>
>>46291767

Thanks, I'll check out Lemon Pine-Sol and see how the two compare.

Is there an upper limit to how many times you can dunk an army to strip? I remember reading that Simple Green works best after two soaks.

I can understand shit like brake fluid turning your minis into soup, but can something like Simple Green or Pine-Sol do that too if applied over-enthusiastically?
>>
File: Zen.jpg (74 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Zen.jpg
74 KB, 250x250
>>46291699
>lumbersexual
>no beard

FAAAKE!

Also, Castrol Super Clean is an engine degreaser which works wonderfully at stripping resins, metals and plastics. For disassembly, freeze and pull apart - even epoxy bonds surrender to this technique. If it's plastic parts bonded with plastic cement though, you're fucked. Xacto sells tiny saw blades for their hobby knives. Other than that, I did try the freezy-twist using needle-nosed pliers [padded with drinking straws to minimize marring], and the process yielded only @50% success rate in removing parts intact. That said, many of the broken 'subassemblies' were easily mended and re-used, and the rest went into the basing materials box ...

Good luck.
>>
>>46295230

Yeah I've been doing some more research and it looks like Super Clean is a clear winner over Simple Green, so I will be re-adjusting accordingly.

Their heads are metal stuck with super glue, but the damn things had no problems falling off by themselves so I should be good on that front.

Unfortunately, everything else is welded solid with plastic glue, so I'm probably going to invest in a jewellers saw and a box of spare blades to slice through the join between the arms and torso.
>>
>>46291699
LA's Totally Awesome works wonders. You still need to brush them off to get off most of the paint, but I was able to strip around 100 Marines in a weekend with it.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.