[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Campaign Setting for a d20 modern game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
Experiment Logs

=Log 1=
Date 0: I've finally managed to get this new Material Plane stable. I could have just thrown up a standard version, but I wanted to incorporate some additional features. For instance, I can control how fast time passes relative to existence as a whole. I've got an alarm set up to inform me if life develops anywhere (not likely without active interference). Most important are a series of wards to keep interlopers out. I'm currently speeding up time by several trillion times, and waiting for something interesting to show up.

Log 2
Date 11,342,051,099: Surprisingly, the experiment is forming into orderly structures even without my assistance. Not only on the large scale of galaxies and stars, but on the small scale of chemicals. I've noted some really quite complex collections of chemicals that are capable of self-replication and chemical synthesis. This experiment looks to be getting really interesting.
(cont.)
>>
=Log 3=
Date 13,541,555,892: It's amazing how far life has developed from those first basic packages of proteins and genetic material. There are practically uncountable varieties of lifeforms now, and I didn't do a single thing to stimulate this! They adapted and diverged entirely on their own, completely shattering the old dogma that true life must be created by a god. Even if they can't get any use out of them due to magic not being active in this test world, these lifeforms are indeed developing basic rudimentary souls. I wonder if I may soon see a civilization arise?

=Log 4=
Date 13,698,901,234: There was another mass-extinction event a few dozen million years ago, but I'm not too upset given the most recent developments. Several intelligent species have sprung up, including Pattern 1 (Elves), Pattern 4 (Dwarves), Pattern 5 (Humans), and Pattern 7 (Orcs). They've already begun the process of creating civilizations, though Pattern 1 isn't doing as well as they normally would without magic. I will admit to being somewhat surprised at how well these races match up with those outside, but it could just be an anomaly.
(cont.)
>>
=Log 5=
Date 13,698,908,990: NO NO NO! I should have known something was up when those 'standard' lifeforms began appearing, but I was too absorbed in the experiment to check for outside interference. Those blasted greedy pantheons just HAD to seize the opportunity to get a new worshiper base, and their actions have contaminated the experiment beyond all hope of salvage! It wasn't their own faiths that were the problem, no it was that they helped draw the attention of something else entirely.

A particularly ambitious demon lord took notice of all the unprocessed souls I foolishly left floating around in the ether of this Plane, and decided to aggressively acquire them. They formed a coalition and managed to punch several portals through to this world, introducing magic in the process. I've decided to start over, but I can't bring myself to simply abandon these beings to the nonexistent mercies of the Abyss. Therefore I have flooded the public integrated information network constructed by Patterns 4, 5, and 7 with information on how to produce magical weapons that can actually slay demons permanently. I have also sent a message explaining the experimental nature of their universe and the fact that its intended purpose has been almost completely destroyed. I hope they can forgive me.
>>
=Log 5=
Date 13,698,908,990: NO NO NO! I should have known something was up when those 'standard' lifeforms began appearing, but I was too absorbed in the experiment to check for outside interference. Those blasted greedy pantheons just HAD to seize the opportunity to get a new worshiper base, and their actions have contaminated the experiment beyond all hope of salvage! It wasn't their own faiths that were the problem, no it was that they helped draw the attention of something else entirely.

A particularly ambitious demon lord took notice of all the unprocessed souls I foolishly left floating around in the ether of this Plane, and decided to aggressively acquire them. They formed a coalition and managed to punch several portals through to this world, introducing magic in the process. I've decided to start over, but I can't bring myself to simply abandon these beings to the nonexistent mercies of the Abyss. Therefore I have flooded the public internet constructed by Patterns 4, 5, and 7 with information on how to produce magical weapons that can actually slay demons permanently. (Pattern 1 was absorbed by pattern 4 through cross-breeding) I have also sent a message explaining the experimental nature of their universe and the fact that its intended purpose has been almost completely destroyed. I hope they can forgive me.
>>
=Log 5=

A particularly ambitious demon lord took notice of all the unprocessed souls I foolishly left floating around in the ether of this Plane, and decided to aggressively acquire them. They formed a coalition and managed to punch several portals through to this world, introducing magic in the process. I've decided to start over, but I can't bring myself to simply abandon these beings to the nonexistent mercies of the Abyss. Therefore I have flooded the public internet constructed by Patterns 4, 5, and 7 with information on how to produce magical weapons that can actually slay demons permanently. (Pattern 1 was absorbed by pattern 4 through cross-breeding) I have also sent a message explaining the experimental nature of their universe and the fact that its intended purpose has been almost completely destroyed. I hope they can forgive me.
-----
Anyway, this is a setting for a D20 modern game I'm planning on running in a bit while. I hope you liked the intro. So, got any suggestions?
>>
*FACEPALM*
oops.
>>
>>46293674
Use another system.
>>
>>46293755
Any suggestions? Bear in mind that I can't be arsed to actually spend money on anything, and the d20 modern SRD is easily available via the internet.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.