[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would the campaign go /tg/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: xfiles_logo.jpg (9 KB, 425x227) Image search: [Google]
xfiles_logo.jpg
9 KB, 425x227
As far as the peasants know, dragons, liches, and beasts alike are just myths and legends. This is because the king places heavy funding into an elite team of monster hunters, who's job is to keep the public safe and ignorant. Their deeds are written down on in a record known as "The X Scrolls".
>>
> shitty typo

* down in
>>
The show was basically character drama interspersed with "X is real, Scully!" "No it's not, Mulder!" [Both see proof X is real] "I told you, Scully!" "I still have doubts!"

But generally speaking I don't see why it couldn't work.
>>
>>46279159

The thing people forget about the X-Files is it wasn't some sort of Delta Green-style division meant to hide things from the ignorant masses.

It was just an office full of crank files they stuck Mulder in because he's an annoying creep who can't shut up about aliens and JFK.

If you really want to keep to the spirit of the show, have the PCs be investigators who look into otherwise mundane cases with a couple pieces of the puzzle missing. Nobody expects them to be paranormal except the obligatory Not!Mulder PC(s), but there's still something off about them.
>>
>>46279159

If part of their job is to continue the secrecy, then it sounds more like Men In Black to me.
>>
>what is the SCP foundation
>>
>>46285147
Those chumps leave stuff alive.
>>
>>46286212
That's because most of the stuff they deal with doesn't die very easily at all.
>>
>>46286499
Then they aren't trying hard enough.
>>
>>46279266
At least, that was the explanation that most (in-universe) people who'd heard of Mulder would hear. The audience was quickly inducted into the mystery and learned of a conspiracy that was using Mulder & Scully for sinister ends.
>>
>>46279159
You are not getting it right.
The king makes horrible experiments in their subjects after making a pact with a monster/demon/whatev, then he has a lot of secret assasins that are in charge of keeping the expermients secrets by eliminating all the witnesses and proofs, and making it look like monsters/beast whatev, to keep the atention far from the government. then the crimes have not been resolved and are stored in the x scrolls until a very autist son of a nobleman obsseses with them
>>
File: A Whole New Kinda Spooky.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
A Whole New Kinda Spooky.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
>>46288165

This.

The X-Files aren't a group of shadowy agents killing and containing monsters. They're files ABOUT those shadowy agents poured over by curious bystanders.
>>
>>46286555
>i know this is some sort of bait
It's canon that they have someone who is possibly God living in one of their containment chambers 343

you really just wanted people to start yelling "...but 682!!" didn't you?
>>
>>46279159
Do what>>46288165 sais. Also you need a strange shadowy smoking man that nobody knows but is always in the palace and is the one who the players should fear
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.