[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spartan Games- Halo Ground Command
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: HGC_Logo_580.jpg (21 KB, 580x174) Image search: [Google]
HGC_Logo_580.jpg
21 KB, 580x174
So, we knew it was coming, Spartan is launching yet another game.

>A key part of the game play is the Reaction Engine, which means a unit is never safe from harm by an enemy unit.
My bet is an Infinity knock-off.
>>
File: halospartan4.jpg (129 KB, 1024x787) Image search: [Google]
halospartan4.jpg
129 KB, 1024x787
>>46226528
We've known about it for a while. Its going to be 15mm.
>>
>>46226528

>My bet is an Infinity knock-off.

Infinity just has basic weapons do more damage than the highest armor ratings, so while it's pretty unlikely a rifle can punch a hole in a heavy armored mecha-suit, it's still possible with enough volume of fire and bad armor rolls on the mecha's part.

So instead of it being an engine or written mechanic, it's just how the numbers stack up.

>>46226620

Also this, this is a bad scale for an Infinity-like skirmish, and bases of troops and vehicles don't seem like they'd work well with any kind of Infinity rules.
>>
File: DSCF1835.jpg (2 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1835.jpg
2 MB, 3072x2304
>>46226620
...So can I use my Mega Bloks Halo stuff for it?
>>
>>46226701
I meant in terms of a "reaction system", with Infinity's emphasis on doing stuff during your opponent's turn.

We all know it'll be the same exploding dice mechanic Spartan loves.

And I wouldn't put it past Spartan to try it anyway, regardless of appropriateness of scale.
>>
>>46226528
The most important question is, can I run a list of all ODSTs?
>>
>>46226856

Ah, the reactions might work. I'm not hugely sure how they would translate to the tabletop in large-scale fighting. I do know that either everything needs to be pretty durable, or there has to be a pretty large amount of terrain to stop it from killing off everyone immediately.

Still, sounds neat, and something I haven't seen in larger wargames. It's pretty good at giving skirmish games a more realistic feel, as you have to think tactically about movement since you can take some potshots to the ass if you run around exposed.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.