[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, GM here. I need some help with some superheroism for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_lzkvx9gimy1r10dj3o2_500.jpg (59 KB, 500x593) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lzkvx9gimy1r10dj3o2_500.jpg
59 KB, 500x593
Hey guys, GM here. I need some help with some superheroism for my Mutants and Masterminds games. I'm writing up a big pile of ensemble cast metahumans and I'd appreciate some help coming up with unique powersets so that I can populate the world with people who don't feel like things stolen directly from DC/Marvel/Worm/etc. I'll happily share the cast so far in hopes that I can entertain you in payment for the assistance
>>
>>46186638
So where to start. Setting? Setting.

Welcome to Maxton City, 30 years after the world ended. Maxton was once the home of the Homeguard, the most prestigious group of metahumans on the planet, and certainly the best known. They spent long careers protecting mankind from peril, until at last, they failed.

A madman from beyond the stars came, bearing a world-destroying weapon and a plot to end earth once and for all. The heroes all banded together to try and stop him and destroy the weapon. They failed.

Their efforts only prevented the bomb from doing the planet in entirely, and almost 90% of the world's superheroes died within seconds, being too close to the blast, the only consolation being that it took its creator with it. Most of those still surviving were minor teams or members of major teams left behind to manage the situation on the ground. The villains, granted a world free from the protection of its mightiest heroes. Meanwhile, the shockwaves from the explosive shook earth, and broke open many arcane seals and awoke many ancient evils. The many Kaiju of japan all awoke within a few hours. Dark things from the sea came to the surface. And all of villainy fought for power, easily wiping aside those few heroes left behind.

Except in Maxton. The war didn't last long in Maxton.
>>
>>46186811

Prometheus, a new villain, rose up there. He had a dreadful power, unlike any ever seen on earth. He could grant, manipulate, and remove powers from other metahumans. He defeated the final member of the Homeguard singlehandedly, trapping the speedster Marathon in place with her friction immunity inverted, to the point where every passing breeze risked taking skin with it. She stands, a human statue, in a park to this day. Meanwhile, Prometheus has taken control of Maxton, destroying the old Homeguard headquarters and building a dictatorship run by him. The players are metas, born in the slums, and seeking to find a future in this dark place.
>>
Well that'll be tough, DC and Marvel have done just about every superpower ever thought of at some point or another. The good ones are popular for a reason.
>>
>>46186921
Blargh. So, yeah. Currently, the party consists of

Miss Hap: Luck manipulator blessed by the lady herself to make up for the fact she was the statistically least lucky human on the planet.

Sakamoto Salvatore: A half japanese, half-italian child sent to the streets after being blamed for the deaths of his family, his power manifests in a spirit of immense power and strength who manifests and follows his orders, so long as he follows the way of a true warrior

The Old Man: An ancient hunter and mercenary priest who managed to make a deal with each of the gods of death that they would not take his soul. Now effectively immortal, he seeks to bring the world back to the way it was before the bomb went off.
>>
>>46186977
I know. But at the very least, we can approach the powers differently. One of my, and my player's, favorites so far has been Johnny, a regenerator with ungodly healing... and absolutely nothing else. Stubborn as a rock, and about as clever, he's convinced that he's never lost a fight, and can't, despite the fact he's not won all that many either.
>>
>>46186921
Sentimental power up: becomes stronger when touching something that holds sentimental value

Iron wood: ability to turn wood to iron

Nervous energy: ability to power any device but only when the user is nervous
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.