[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I wanted to make a mix of a Gunslinger with the recently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: Eileenthepebblehoarder.png (123 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
Eileenthepebblehoarder.png
123 KB, 450x600
So I wanted to make a mix of a Gunslinger with the recently made Unearthed Arcana blood magic, inspired by Bloodborne and their blood infused bullets.

Too OP? http://pastebin.com/8xXXujGU
>>
File: 1458388042492.jpg (293 KB, 1200x1500) Image search: [Google]
1458388042492.jpg
293 KB, 1200x1500
>>46153802
>http://pastebin.com/8xXXujGU

The interesting thing about Bloodborne's Bloodtinge is that the quicksilver bullets are sourced from the great one Oedon, so it might make more sense to make a Bloodtinge gunslinger a warlock/rogue hybrid - they make a pact with some higher power who provides them with the ability to extract blood bullets from themselves by sacrificing hitdie which they can then use to stop enemies from attacking for a round as a free action, they can then mix their blood (at the cost of XP) with the blood of slain beasts and foes to further empower their melee weapons outside of combat, adding damage and special modifiers.

You could also steal the old planescape thing the doomguard could do called "entropic strike" (but renamed visceral strike or something similar), which would allow you, on a round where you've stunned them with a blood bullet and with a successful attack roll that exceeds the opponents AC by 5 or more, to instantly halve the opponents HP.
>>
>>46153802
Reminds me of the Blood Hunter homebrew. Not sure which I prefer, though. Yours has potential.
>>
>>46153802
I think you should provide an option for the Bloodtinge Gunslinger to sacrifice health directly rather than hit die, if they wish, because, while it may be less costly immediately, it can really fuck you over if you run out of hit die. That means, if you take damage, no healing for you when you take a rest. On top of that, characters only regain a number of hit die equal to HALF their level per long rest.
Sometimes it's better to take damage now and heal it later, but I feel there should still be a choice.
>>
>>46153802
I would say the most interesting and apposite route to take would be to have a Bloodtinge Gunslinger be capable of such powers because they've been infused with aberrant/Great-Old-One blood.
>>
File: 1457380225736.jpg (220 KB, 750x450) Image search: [Google]
1457380225736.jpg
220 KB, 750x450
>>46156632

I feel there should be some element of beasthood involved in this, maybe sacrifice a PowerPoint style thing called "humanity" in exchange for extra blood bullets or buffs, and then a mechanism whereby a a Bloodslinger risks being taken over by their blood?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.