[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Witch Apprentice Quest #15
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 11
File: Witch Apprentice.jpg (385 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
Witch Apprentice.jpg
385 KB, 1024x1365
"You want to WHAT?"

Surely I must have misheard! Or maybe Amalia misspoke! Or she's joking or... or something! Either way, there's no way she can be serious! Asking Sis something like that, it's just crazy!

"I want Miss Alina to teach me the Ways of the Sword."

She is serious!

"But that's like super dangerous! You could get hurt or... or..."

"I'm not scared." She shrugs nonchalantly.

"But... but..." How can she not be scared? Swords are scary! And I still don't know why she's suddenly so polite!

Sister, meanwhile, has busied herself with rubbing the sleep from her eyes, finalizing the act with a casual yawn. "I thought you preferred the bow, Ami? Planning to apprentice for a hunter and all that?"

"I can do both." Amalia's voice is growing more intense, her ears rising to stand straight. She really isn't joking around here!

"Ohh, I see. Always a good idea to have a backup-plan, right? Good thinking."

No, it's not! It's dangerous!

"I'll do it." She states after a few moments of poorly pretending she wasn't sure. "If you convince Nadja to train with us!"

"WHAT?" Amalia cries in surprise, almost in perfect unison with mine.

"What's so surprising?" Sis asks with a puzzled look. "I just want to make sure my baby sister's gonna be safe even when I'm not around to save her!"

No no no. "But uhm..." Think of something! "I'm not sure I'd really have the time for that."

Yeah, that makes sense. I'm way way way too busy with witch training to play with scary swords!

"Riiight," She rolls her eyes, teasing. "Sunday school sure keeps you busy."

Oh right. She doesn't know that I started apprenticing as a witch. I never even told her about my plan. Sis is nice but she's not very good at keeping secrets. She's end up accidentally telling Papa and then...

But can I really lie to my sister? I guess I should...

>Tell her the truth.
>Make up a lie. (Write-in suggestions!)
>Insist that it's too dangerous for me!
>>
>Nadja's Seniors:
>Mistress' current opinion: 15/100
>Lily's current opinion: 05/100
>Camille's current opinion: 10/100

>Seal: 95/100

>Nadja's Witchy Skills:
> Herbalism: Initiated
> Penmanship: Uninitiated
> Infusion: Uninitiated

> Twitter: https://twitter.com/FriendQM
> 4plebs (RIP .moe): http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/subject/Witch%20Apprentice%20Quest/order/asc/
> Suptg archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Witch%20apprentice%20quest
> Nadja's Notebook: http://pastebin.com/MabAXjBs (updated 19-03-2016)
>>
>>46246954
Well fug.
>Insist that it's too dangerous for me!
>>
>>46246954
>Tell her the truth.
>>
>>46246954
>>Insist that it's too dangerous for me!
>>
>>46246954
>Tell her the truth.
>>
>>46246954
>>Tell her the truth.
>>
>>46246954
>Tell her the truth.
Surely we can trust big sis!
>>
>>46246954
>Tell her the truth.
>>
>>46246954
>Tell her the truth.
>>
File: The Raven.png (1 MB, 1200x1697) Image search: [Google]
The Raven.png
1 MB, 1200x1697
Not a single vote for lying, huh? Probably for the best, Nadja's not really great at that.

Mistress would be very disappointed, though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p99BbmFTa54
>>
>>46247280
To be honest I couldn't think of a lie that wouldn't be either useless in getting us out of it or easily disproven...
>>
>>46247280
I'm sure we can regain the trust of Mistress!
>>
File: Alina.jpg (3 MB, 2976x4209) Image search: [Google]
Alina.jpg
3 MB, 2976x4209
Tell her the truth.

There's just no way I can lie to Sis. Just no way! Keeping a secret like what she's getting for her birthday, that's perfectly okay. In fact it's mean to spoil surprises like that, but lying is way different. And definitely not something good girls do! And I AM a good girl!

"Well uhm, thing is... I..."

"What? You finally picked a Trade to learn?"

"I uh... I..." Darn it! I'm trying to just tell her but my mouth is getting so dry and it feels like my tongue is swelling up so much I can barely breathe! I guess a nod will have to do.

"Well good! It was about time, really! So, what is it? Have you found a teacher yet? Come on, you gotta tell your sister about stuff like this or she might start thinking you don't love her!"

"It uh... W... W..." Stupid mouth, stop stammering and just say it so I can go hide my embarrassment in my room!

"What, weaver? I'm not sure that's really-"

"Witch." Amalia finally cuts in to rescue me.

"And yeah she has. Real nasty old hag too!" She continues, smirking cheekily.

I look at Sis, carefully watching for a reaction. She probably thinks it's stupid. Way too hard for me, or way too scary, or-

"Awesome! That's so cool! My baby sis, a real and proper witch! Now I can both get swords from my dad AND potions from you! Hey, maybe when you're done training you can even come on adventures with me! Then I wouldn't have to come all the way back here every time I need my dose of cuddles!"

Adventures?! But that's even MORE dangerous!

"And you too, Ami!" Sis is now squealing more than actually speaking. "We'd be the most adorable adventuring trio EVER!"

"About what I asked..." Amalia interrupts, audibly trying to hold back a groan.

>1/2
>>
>>46248420
"Oh! Hmmhmhmmm..." Sis hums quietly, falling back to earth as quickly as she left it. "Same deal. Witches need to be able to defend themselves even more, Nadja, so until you agree, you'll just be holding back poor little Ami!" She teases, almost singing the words to herself.

How mean! She's trying to turn Amalia against me! And Amalia...

"Deal." She nods.

"But... But..."

"Great, I'll be waiting. For now, I should probably get some..." She glances out the window as she lazily lifts herself from the bed. "Lunch?"

"Nadja wanted to ask you something too." Amalia cuts her off, Sis responding by plomping back unto her bed.

"Uhm... That is... I wanted to ask you about..." Stop it already!

"I need a witch name!" I shout out a little too loud, trying to break the wall of stutters.

"Ahh, right, I guess all the ones I met did use nicknames, didn't they? Hmm, how about... Poppy!"

"Pu- I'm not a dog!"

"Poppy, as in the flower. It's pretty, it sounds cute, and it's just a little bit spooky because poppies are like, about death and stuff. Let's people know not to mess with ya, right?"

"Oh... I guess that's true. But, it sounds like puppy..."

"Well!" She says, once more lifting herself from the bed, making a quick escape for the door. "It's just a suggestion. Your call!"

Poppy, huh?

"So..." Amalia begins as I realize we're suddenly alone in the room. "What'd you wanna do now?"

>Go ask Klemens or Kerstin at the church before dinner!
>Go for a walk through the market to look for last minute sales!
>Find a quiet place and go watch the imminent sunset!
>Something else (Write-in!)
>>
>>46248437
>>
>>46248437
Might as well.
>>
>>46248437
>>
>>46248437
Sounds peaceful
>>
>>46248437
>>Go ask Klemens or Kerstin at the church before dinner!
>>
>>46248437

cleary we should bring Amalia
>>
>>46248437
>>Find a quiet place and go watch the imminent sunset!
With Amalia!

I think dawn is a more fitting name than poppy. Dawn Puppy would also be nice.
>>
>>46248801
Nah. Dawn Robin.
>>
>>46248437
>>Find a quiet place and go watch the imminent sunset!
>>
>>46248801
>Dawn Puppy
Doesn't sound very witch-y...
>>
>>46248801
>>46248829
Not feeling the two word names. Those suggestions also sound really bad. You guys realize we're stuck with the name forever right? Don't make up faux-cutesy shit.
>>
>>46248855
Are you implying she won't be adorable for ever?
>>
File: 6ff088c328c761b5c5d5a81e6ada6f32.png (737 KB, 1072x1379) Image search: [Google]
6ff088c328c761b5c5d5a81e6ada6f32.png
737 KB, 1072x1379
Rolled 1 (1d20)

Huh.

I honestly expected a unanimous vote in favor of romantic sunsets and awkward moments with Amalia. Guess I'm just out of touch.

But oh well, guess I'm rolling to break this tie, even though it only became a tie a few moments before I was going to call it...

So, odds for quiet time, evens for getting yelled at by Kerstin.
>>
>>46248902
I'm implying the names sound bad. Don't force cute, just pick a decent sounding name.

Like Dawn or Robin etc.
>>
>>46248915
>Nat 1
Well, at least it wasn't important
>>
>>46248947
It's just for odds or evens anon
>>
>>46248855
Dawn puppy was not an earnest suggestion. I like Dawn because it will likely fit forever more.
>>
>>46248915
Thanks for taking our nat 1 away!

Yes that's exactly how dice work, shut up!
>>
>>46248915
1, huh? I guess that means Kerstin will just have to wait a while longer. Maybe she won't even be upset anymore next time Nadja visits her.

She will be.
>>
>>46249026
Poor Kerstin, there are just too many people wanting to monopolize the Nadja cuddles these days!
>>
>>46249060
Is there a spell to make clones of ourselves so then we can cuddle everyone all the time?
>>
>>46249576
Probably not one without humorous complications at least.
>>
File: Amalia.jpg (264 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
Amalia.jpg
264 KB, 500x700
>>46248437
"Well, it's almost time for dinner, even if Sis can't tell the difference between lunchtime and dinnertime. Sooo... Let's go watch the sunset!"

"Watch the... wha-?"

"The sunset, of course! Don't you like sunsets?"

"Well uh, it's just... usually that kind of stuff is for-"

"Don't tell me we're too old for this too!"

"Well no, but-"

"Good, then let's go! Hurry!" I yell back towards her as I rush out of the room and the house, only just catching a glimpse of Sis in the kitchen digging mysterious objects from a large sack. Hopefully there'll still be a kitchen when I come back!

Now, when you're going to watch the sunset, it's important that you go as high as you can. Most people are down in the market closest to the town entrance, so it'll be quieter and you can see even more of the sunset! And the highest point in Hinde is... Well actually it's probably the top floor of the town hall, but we can't go there so the next best is just outside the town hall.

Even running as fast as I can, it takes a couple of minutes to get all the way up there. And, to my surprise, I get there before Amalia. Actually... did I tell her where I was going? I don't see her behind me either... She needs to hurry or she'll miss the best part.

Even from all the way up here, you still can't see the edge of the forest to the West, so there's really nothing blocking the view as the sun paints the sky orange. Is... is this really what Amalia thinks my hair looks like?

And why is she still not...

"Amalia! When did you get here?"

She doesn't answer. I guess that's okay, at least she's here so I can hold her hand while we watch! Even though her hand always gets so sweaty...

>1/2
>>
>>46250260
That night, Sis prepared dinner. It was... an experience. Whatever she pulled out of that sack, she insists they actually eat that out in the Western Realms (I thought she was heading East when she left?). I think I like Hinde cooking better.

I wake the next morning feeling... sticky. And warm. I kick off my blanket and... Oh no, not again. Crumbled up in the foot end of the bed is a pile of my skin. Or well, my old skin I guess. But that's so odd, it's only been a week since the last time. Usually this doesn't happen more than once every month!

Maybe it's that puberty thing? If only I could ask Sis or Kerstin, but Papa says it's very rude to talk about this stuff and I should never ever mention it to anybody. So I don't. Just fold it up, put it in the special bag, and Papa gets rid of it later.

I wonder what changed this time, though. I don't feel any taller at all, my arms are the same, my hair's the same. My skin feels a little softer, but that happens every time, so that can't be it.

Oh, I see now! It's barely noticeable, but I've gotten a little fatter up there, haven't I? I guess that must be it. I sure hope it won't be like this every week from now on.

Oh well, no time to worry about that, I have to get dressed and fix my hair and get ready to leave!

To my great surprise, I find Sis already up and eating breakfast, but no Papa around.

"He had to go to the market, before you get all worked up. Just you and me this morning. So... did Ami change your mind yet? You gonna train with us?"

>No, it's too scary and dangerous!
>Fiiine, but only when I'm not busy with apprentice work! And only to help Amalia!
>>
>>46250288
>>No, it's too scary and dangerous!
>>
>>46250288
>>Fiiine, but only when I'm not busy with apprentice work! And only to help Amalia!
>>
>>46250288
Ruh roh.
>Fiiine, but only when I'm not busy with apprentice work! And only to help Amalia!
>>
>>46250288
>>
>>46250288
>>
>>46250288

Wait.. are we a snake?
>>
>>46250288

I forgot this quest existed. It's fun without reading the middle. Now to go do that.
>>
>>46250288
>>
>>46250383
Apparently something like that! Though we clearly don't look like one.
>>
>>46250418
Well I mean when did that happen? Do we blink? Do we taste the air with our tongue? Do we have tiny fangs? Did we tell mistress?
>>
>>46250288
>>Fiiine, but only when I'm not busy with apprentice work! And only to help Amalia!
>>
>>46250288

>Crumbled up in the foot end of the bed is a pile of my skin.
what
>>
>>46250458
it's clearly something that's been going on for a long time. As for why? Fuck if I know anon!
>>
>>46250544
But.. did it happen after the star ritual or before then? Are we like some kind of lizard girl that papa found on the side of the road? I need answers!
>>
Wow, way to make me feel bad for writing so slowly tonight by voting so quickly.

>>46250383
It's complicated.
>>
>>46250561
Definitely before the star ritual. Since we already established that the witch teacher is most likely also our mother, she might have done a bit too much magic while she was pregnant or something.
>>
>>46250601
We are constricting people not cuddling them?
>>
File: Ebrietas.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ebrietas.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>46250601
Are we an eldritch abomination?
>>
>>46250608
When did we establish that?
>>
>>46250706
The interaction between her and father, I think. Though I distinctly remember there also being some hints prior to that.

It was all rather subtle, though, so it might just be misdirection.
>>
>>46250738
Their interaction hasn't really pointed towards that as far as I can recall, but I suppose there might have been something.
>>
>>46250862
Of the characters seen so far she is the most likely, at least. And she has *some* sort of history with the father. I admit, it’s not in any way or shape certain, but there is a good chance she is the mother.
>>
>>46250862
>>46250926
Actually, I just remember that other girl being her daughter, so it’s far less likely that Nadja is also her daughter.
>>
>>46250926
I figured it was just her being attracted to Nadjadad and putting the moves on him.
>>
>>46250926
Most likely of the characters so far doesn't really say anything about the actual likelyhood, and the history seems to be just her crushing on him, so I wouldn't really call that a good chance.
>>
What the actual fuck Friend? That's a really random thing to throw at us.
>>
>>46251088
It'll be interesting to see where it goes!
>>
>>46251127
I mean... Not really? Maybe if this had been there since thread one? I dunno man I'm not angry or anything I'm just flabbergasted, he just keeps throwing random stuff in our way.

I just want to witch apprentice.
>>
>>46251088
Random things are nice sometimes.
>>
>>46251088
Anon everyone knows girls moult their skin. It's common knowledge.
>>
>>46251253
Wait, boys don't? But... uh, no, never mind.
>>
File: Flimflam.jpg (564 KB, 676x1000) Image search: [Google]
Flimflam.jpg
564 KB, 676x1000
>>46250288
Geeez, I really don't want to do this. Swords are really scary! I don't want to touch them! But punishing Amalia for it is really super mean! Even if I don't want HER to train either, if it's what she wants...

"Fiiine! But only when I'm not busy with apprentice stuff! And I'm only doing it to help Amalia!"

"Good enough for me!" She laughs smugly. Continuously.

In a hurry to escape the scene, I decide to skip breakfast entirely and head straight for Mistress' house. It sounds like today will be quite busy with that whole Initiation thing. May as well get started early, then.

At this hour, even the birds are still all quiet. Everything points toward another event-free trip to Mistress' house. That is, right until-

"Hello hello hello!"

A familiar voice calls out, turning my attention to a just as familiar face.

"I'm Flimflam and you are Nadja! Nadja remembers Flimflam? Is Amalia Kill not with Nadja today? Let's play a fun game today, just Nadja and Flimflam! Does Nadja know funny game?"

>"How about... hide and seek? You hide, and I look for you!" [Go away, Flimflam.]
>"Aren't you the fairy that stole my clothes? I don't play with thieves!"
>"I saw Amalia kill you! Why are you back?"
>Smoosh the fairy.
>>
>>46251298
>>
>>46251298
>>
>>46251298
>>
>>46251298
>>"How about... hide and seek? You hide, and I look for you!" [Go away, Flimflam.]

Fuck this thing.
>>
>>46251298
>>
>>46251298
>>"Aren't you the fairy that stole my clothes? I don't play with thieves!"
>>
>>46251298
>>
>>46251298
>>"Aren't you the fairy that stole my clothes? I don't play with thieves!"

I’m going to sleep now. If you are voting for a name this session and there is a tie, please know that I would vote for Dawn if I was here.
>>
>>46251298

Flimflam is clearly the best information source to learn how fairies work.
>>
>>46251501
Except she's already proven herself to be a little lying shit and Mistress is likely very informed on them.
>>
Questioning the fairy wins!

>>46251088
I can promise you with complete honesty that this is both planned and leading to something you really should like.

>>46251441
I'll try to remember.
>>
>>46251730
>Except she's already proven herself to be a little lying shit
That's why she's the best.
>>
>>46251298
Yes, definitely familiar...

"Aren't you the fairy that stole my clothes? I don't play with thieves!"

"Nooo!" The fairy screams in her high-pitched voice. "Refusal to play! False accusations! Bad! Very bad for friendship level! Must save friendship level!"

Eek, after all this time and she's still obsessing over that thing? What is 'friendship level' even supposed to mean? You can't just put a number on the relationship between two persons!

"Wait, what do you mean 'false accusations?' I remember, you said you'd help me find my clothes but you intentionally led me the wrong way! Clearly you were trying to hide the crime!"

"No no no!" She darts around erratically in seemingly random patterns, her voice almost sounding like she's afraid. "Flimflam tried to help! Flimflam isn't thief, no no! Flimflam see thief, human girl with pointy hat, lead Nadja to thief when Amalia Kill bully Flimflam! Amalia Kill very mean!"

"Wait wait, you're saying a WITCH stole my clothes?"

"Girl with pointy hat!"

That... actually makes sense. The only ones who could know where I was would be witches. But does that mean I can trust she's telling the truth?

"Nadja know girl with pointy hat? Maybe friend? Bad friend, very bad friend! Flimflam good friend!"

"Flimflam, you said the thief had a pointy hat, but what did she look like apart from that?"

"She was human girl! Not fairy like Flimflam, human like Nadja or Amalia Kill."

"Right, but was she tall or short? What color was her hair? You have to tell me so I can find her!"

"She was giant! Just like Nadja! Human girls very big!"

"Okay... How about her hair?"

"Her hair? Flimflam think her hair was hidden under pointy hat maybe?"

Urgh, this is going nowhere... And she's probably just lying again!

>1/2
>>
File: Witch's Home.jpg (534 KB, 1700x825) Image search: [Google]
Witch's Home.jpg
534 KB, 1700x825
>>46252496
"Look, I have to go do some very important things, so I don't have time to play with you. So bye now!"

"Flimflam can help!" She screams as she rushes after me. Or at least I assume it must feel like rushing for someone her size, even though I'm just walking.

"No you can't. I have to do this alone."

"Oh, Nadja will play naked statue in forest again?"

"NO I AM NOT!" I yell, losing control of my voice volume from the embarrassment.

At this, admittedly rather sudden, outburst of mine, she vanishes as quickly as she had appeared. Maybe I scared her away? Oh well, I really have more important things to do anyway.

All in all, I only lost a few minutes talking to Flimflam, so by the time I arrive at Mistress' house it's still quite early. And quiet as well. I give the door a good knocking, just in case she's still sleeping, but nobody responds.

I knock twice more, each louder than the former, but still nobody comes to the door. Just to be sure, I try to open but it is locked.

Now what?

>Try to find another way in?
>Try to wake her by making a lot of noise?
>Wait quietly and patiently?
>Something else? (Write-in!)
>>
>>46252522
>>
>>46252522
>>
>>46252522
>>Try to find another way in?

Flimflam best fairy
>>
>>46252522
>>
>>46252522
>Try to wake her by making a lot of noise?
>>
>>46252522
>Something else? (Write-in!)
Try and remember which herbs are which in the garden for fun.
>>
>>46252522
This is no good! I know I should really just trust Mistress and wait for her to wake on her own, but today is very important she said! So sleeping in is not okay!

Now, let's see... I know there's a window on the other side of her house, so that's probably the easies-

That's locked too. Oooookay. I guess that leaves me with... Yep, just the upstairs window left. I could probably climb up there if I'm really careful. Even though I haven't done it in a while, I used to climb a lot with Amalia when we were little. She LOVED climbing, even though I never really understood it. I stopped climbing with her when I tore one of my dresses on a branch and Papa said I had to wear something else if I wanted to climb trees. But why would you ever want to wear clothes that aren't pretty? Doesn't make sense at all!

Mistress' house turns out to be very climbable, just using the window frame as a boost I can easily reach the open top floor window and quickly pull myself inside. Easy, and without even a single tear on my dress! I bet Amalia would be proud!

As I look about the room, I quickly realize that I have never actually been up here. And if I haven't been up here before that must mean... Oh no, I'm not allowed to be here at all! I should get downstairs before Mistress wakes up! Let's see, wardrobe, Mistress' bed, aha! There's the door!

Wait.

There, in the bed, is that...

"PAPA?"

THREAD FIFTEEN END
>>
>>46253430
MISTRESS KIDNAPPED PAPA!
>>
>>46253430
Did Mistress abduct Papa to fuck him?
>>
>>46253500
THAT'S MEAN! HOW DARE SHE!
>>
File: Happy.jpg (134 KB, 383x617) Image search: [Google]
Happy.jpg
134 KB, 383x617
I'm just about ready to drop dead here, so I'm just going to say thanks for playing as always, and I hope to see you next time. Next time hopefully meaning this Sunday (as long as nothing else happens, which I do not guarantee). But either way, see you guys in the next thread!
>>
>>46253508
Are witches supposed to kidnap people? Is she going to make us kidnap someone? That seems like something a meanie would do.
>>
>>46253430
Thanks for running!

SHOCK!
>>
>>46253532
Thanks for running Friendo. I always wanted to play as a snakegirl witch apprentice.
>>
>>46253430
How shocking.

Thanks for running.
>>
>>46253430
Is papa gonna find out we're an apprentice now?
>>
>>46253592
Given how he's seemingly in bed with Mistress, I'm going to assume he's known the whole time and was just waiting for us to come out with it.
>>
>>46253532
Can we please just have apprentice time next thread? Like I'm sure this development is interesting, but there's something called pacing.

Oh and thanks for running
>>
>>46253683
I don't think ignoring everything else going on for the sake of pacing really works.
>>
>>46253683
I for one enjoy this being a SoL quest that's as much about interacting with everyone as it is about learning and practicing witchcraft.
>>
>>46253750
It's just RANDOM PLOT RANDOM PLOT RANDOM PLOT, all the fucking time. The premise is witch apprentice, can we have more than two threads where we actually learn stuff and interact with our teacher before more LOL PLOT.

>>46253782
Which would be great, if we ever practiced magic, we've maybe done it twice.
>>
>>46253867
Based on this quest so far and Friend's previous quest, I'd say it's gonna be more character-focused than either plot- or training-focused. I mean it sucks if that's not the kinda quest you like but what can ya do.
>>
>>46253867
>can we have more than two threads where we actually learn stuff and interact with our teacher before more LOL PLOT.
Obviously we can not, we're not even done with the initiation. What do you have against plot, anyway.
>>
>>46253996
I have absolutely nothing against plot, it's just sometimes you need downtime before a new plot hook happens. It's a whirlwind, and having slow threads doesn't help this much.

Like I said it's a pacing thing.

>>46253983
I'd be completely fine with that if his pacing was better. Just have training offscreen, timeskip a week or something.
>>
>>46254062
How would offscreen training and timeskips improve the pacing? In any case, we obviously can't timeskip a week at this point.
>>
>>46254062
I don't really understand what your issue is with the pacing at all. It felt fine to me this thread. The whole skin thing came out of the blue, yes, but I really can't see it as a pacing issue at all since, as a plot-thread, it can clearly be put on the back-burner given how nonchalantly Nadja treated it.
>>
>>46254204
I hope we get to a point where we can eventually. A million new things to do every thread is getting tedious.
>>
>>46254206
That's not what I'm concerned about. Sure this is a sol quest, but we never spend any time doing what the title says we should be doing. Anytime we do training or any interaction with our teacher it lasts maybe one post and then it's back to doing a whole bunch of other random stuff.
>>
>>46254384
We're still in the initiation stage and getting familiar with the setting, calm your tits.
>>
>>46254384
I see. Well what with the early threads seemingly emphasizing the apprentice-y parts of things, with the secret diary and such, I can kinda understand that. But I dunno if FriendQM necessarily wants that to be THE focus of the quest - after all, the character relationships and plot threads so far are also intrinsically tied to Nadja's decision to become a witch's apprentice. It kinda feels like Friend has changed tracks towards a story more like his previous one where the MC's unusual occupation is more an excuse for landing in fun situations and flavor their interactions and relationships than the main focus of the story. Personally I enjoy that and have no complaints, but it's definitely different from the first couple threads. Maybe it'll turn back that way again later.
>>
>>46254384
The title doesn't even say anything about what we should be doing, it only says what we are. We're clearly not going to be spending all of the time training, and timeskips would reduce it even further.
>>
>>46254605
I mean I can understand that. But it's like thread 15, and we've only done apprentice stuff a few times. I dunno man I'm just getting a bit disheartened and I don't want to. I was here for thread one.
>>
>>46254675
We have only done that stuff a few times, because it has only been a few days, and we're not even done with the initiation yet.
>>
>>46254384
I get that. Really, I do. In the early threads, I was worried that Mistress was stealing all the screen time and wanted to make sure that you felt Nadja had stuff going on at home too. And now I definitely feel she's not getting enough. But I'm not too worried about that anymore because, well, Mistress time has just arrived again. What remains to be seen is whether I achieve the balance I want this time or will need to adjust again later.

I guess what I'm trying to say is "I'm dealing with it, right now. "

Except not literally right now because I'm going back to sleep.
>>
>>46254812
Good night man. I'm sorry for the bitching, I just like this quest a lot and I needed to get that off my chest.
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.