[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how does 4chan feel about wombo combo decks? for the sake of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: wombo combo.jpg (50 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
wombo combo.jpg
50 KB, 375x523
how does 4chan feel about wombo combo decks? for the sake of the thread, I will define wombo combo decks as decks where, when a certain combination of cards is played, you all but instantly win the game, creating infinite [health/creatures/damage/butthurt] or whatever.
>>
>>46218455
it's part of the game and creates a good check for control decks against more linear decks
>>
>>46218455
I don't understand the joy of playing this kind of deck for more than a month.
I mean yeah playing storm is fun the first few times, you learn the interaction, when to pull the combo off.
But after 50 games, when all you do is the exact same thing over and over again... meh.
The worst "competitive" combo deck might be ad nauseam.
Seriously all you do is
T1 Suspend Lotus Bloom
Cast some shit cantrip.
Cast Lotus Bloom
Go off and hope your opponent didn't have disruption.
And yu don't have any other line of play except the one other wincon in your SB.
There is a guy at my LGS that is playing this deck every single week. And I can't think that he is enjoying it.
>>
>>46218455
If others want to play a infinite combo deck then that is fine and I won''t complain but I personally avoid them. Something about going infinite has always just left a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
File: hahahahaha.png (480 KB, 668x310) Image search: [Google]
hahahahaha.png
480 KB, 668x310
Never had more fun in standard.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/i-guess-i-won/
>>
>>46218730
I think I'm missing something. What does Possibility Storm do in this combo?
>>
>>46218455
They're perfectly fine and people need to stop crying whenever a game of magic isn't bumping creatures into each other
>>
>>46218810
Cast sorcery hit enter the infinite chuck all ands to borborygmos i think?
>>
>>46218810
I would guess that the deck plays cheap sorcery's in order to eventually hit an enter the infinite and cast it for free
>>
>>46218730
Did you mean Ruric thar?
>>
>>46218827
>>46218830
bingo.

>>46218455
I don't think there's anything wrong with combo decks. I played neweggs for a little bit casually (yeah i know eggs is evil), and it's not a typical combo deck in that the whole deck is a combo piece, but it's the same kind of thing. It forces your opponent to interact with you if they want to stop you, and if they don't, then it's their loss. Most combo decks aren't about the combo anyway, more about protecting yourself until you get there, a perfectly valid game plan.
>>
>>46218810
>Play Possibility Storm turn 3-5
>Play a mana dork. Exile cards off top of library, play worldspine wurm or angel of serentiy instead
>Alternatively, play catch
>exile cards off top of library, hit Enter the Infinite
>Cast, put Borborygmos Enraged as single card on top of library
>Play either an elvish mystic that turn or a skylasher at next turns upkeep if tapped out
>Dump 15 lands into opponent's face for 45 damage

I can side over to Blast of Genius/Riddle of Lightning to confuse my opponents and just kill them by discarding 9-12 CMC cards, I've gotten worldspine wurms onto the field on turn 3 many times between Garruk, Unexpected Results and Possibility Storm. It sounds retarded but it actually did surprisingly well because people weren't siding against this kind of bullshit, and I always won at least 2/4 games. Esper Control had a hilarious amount of non-cheap counterspells, other than sided dispels which did very little against my deck. GW and GR midrange didn't benefit much from my build, and folded to angels and wurms. MBD did good sometimes if they had a good sideboard. This thing always lost to burn and MUD.

Never got that sexy 4/4 with it. I wanted it so bad.
>>
>>46218567
I agree. Most of these decks are very auto-pilot. Having the same wincon every game just doesn't appeal to me.
>>
>>46218455
Perfectly fine in competitive formats.
Completely out of place in casual formats such as EDH.
>enjoying a good game of 4 man free for all EDH
>everyone's having a good time
>skinny nerd gets all smug as he assembles his combo
>game suddenly comes to an end
He didn't win. He just made everyone else but him lose.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.